Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Foffy : (24 May 2017 - 11:05 PM)

I mean, a large portion of the status updates are snippets of peoples' twitter accounts...

@  Steevy Maximus : (24 May 2017 - 09:34 PM)

I thought that was the status updates?

@  ▲ndrusi : (24 May 2017 - 09:18 PM)

Wait, I thought Twitter was the P&R shoutbox.

@  Noideaforaname : (24 May 2017 - 06:11 PM)

Nerd talk is infinitely better than P&R talk...

@  Bass X0 : (24 May 2017 - 04:30 PM)

Warning: Chatbox subject to spontaneous outbursts of nerd talk

@  Bass X0 : (24 May 2017 - 03:50 PM)

Most people should rap their age as a math problem.

@  Foffy : (24 May 2017 - 03:24 PM)

More people should state their age as math problems. I'm nine squared minus sixty-three.

@  Benbot : (24 May 2017 - 03:16 PM)

That's a complicated way of saying you're 20

@  Whirl Maximus : (24 May 2017 - 03:08 PM)

Simpsons movie is ten years old. I'm ten years older.

@  The Doctor Who : (24 May 2017 - 02:48 PM)

Or Facebook

@  Paladin : (24 May 2017 - 02:07 PM)

it's called Tumblr.

@  lastmaximal : (24 May 2017 - 02:04 PM)

Is there a p&r shoutbox?

@  Bass X0 : (24 May 2017 - 02:02 PM)

Quote from Facebook (not from me): "Religion is like having a penis. It's all very well and good to be proud of it. Just don't shove it in my face UNLESS I ASK YOU TO!"

@  Rycochet : (24 May 2017 - 11:21 AM)

In an mmmbop they're gone! In an mmm bop they're not there!

@  unluckiness : (24 May 2017 - 08:13 AM)

can't touch this

@  Robowang : (24 May 2017 - 08:09 AM)

It's Skyline time.

@  MEDdMI : (24 May 2017 - 06:28 AM)

It's that time of the month.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (24 May 2017 - 06:27 AM)

Communist bananas?

@  Pennpenn : (24 May 2017 - 06:25 AM)

Bad sign when bananas go red.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (23 May 2017 - 10:41 PM)

I read that as "What color are their bannanas"....

@  TheMightyMol... : (23 May 2017 - 05:21 PM)

They're all red.

@  Paladin : (23 May 2017 - 05:20 PM)

what color are their bandanas?

@  MEDdMI : (23 May 2017 - 04:48 PM)

*rescue, though

@  MEDdMI : (23 May 2017 - 04:47 PM)

Hooray, animal rescue! TMM & I have a red-eared slider. Not a resdue,

@  Noideaforaname : (23 May 2017 - 03:26 PM)

@MEDdMI - Me and my teacher both had box turtles. The teach did animal rescue work, so two of her turtles were actually deformed and couldn't be released (one's shell was too large and the other's too small), so they ended up being class pets.

@  LBD "Nyt... : (23 May 2017 - 02:12 PM)

They had regular flat, cereal bowl-type molding at the bottom, so it wasn't much an issue that I can recall.

@  OrionPax44 : (23 May 2017 - 02:10 PM)

How tough is it to clean out those bowls. I'd imagine the nooks and crannies from their spines are tough areas.

@  LBD "Nyt... : (23 May 2017 - 01:47 PM)

I had two of those bowls, Michelangelo and Donatello

@  MEDdMI : (23 May 2017 - 01:46 PM)

Nice. What kind of turtles?

@  Noideaforaname : (23 May 2017 - 01:10 PM)

I had that turtle bowl too. Never did the obvious 'pretend to be Shredder and dine on turtle soup'... but that's because I had a bunch of pet turtles plus I frequently pet-sat a teacher's trio.

@  TheMightyMol... : (23 May 2017 - 12:36 PM)

You ate out of a Ninja Turtle? Kinky.

@  NightViper : (23 May 2017 - 12:33 PM)

My bowl didn't just have a picture of a Ninja Turtle, it WAS a Ninja Turtle. And came with a box of Cookie Crisp that I didn't eat.

@  Foffy : (23 May 2017 - 12:31 PM)

My favorite dish is this bowl I had as a kid that had a picture of a Ninja Turtle on it.

@  Robowang : (23 May 2017 - 10:32 AM)

mmm. That's my favorite dish.

@  Bass X0 : (23 May 2017 - 10:06 AM)

like.... Fractured But Whole?

@  MEDdMI : (23 May 2017 - 06:51 AM)

everything sounds dirty

@  NotVeryKnightly : (23 May 2017 - 06:49 AM)

why does this sound dirty

@  Bass X0 : (23 May 2017 - 06:05 AM)

Psh. I'm still waiting for Ranma Whole.

@  unluckiness : (23 May 2017 - 05:08 AM)

I'll wait for the sequel series Dragon Whole.

@  Maruten : (23 May 2017 - 04:26 AM)

Can't believe the Dragon Half manga is finally being translated this year.

@  Bass X0 : (23 May 2017 - 03:22 AM)

DRAGON HALF!

@  MEDdMI : (22 May 2017 - 09:00 PM)

Xellos...? *looks at avatar pic* speaking of old anime... DRAGON SLAVE!!!

@  Xellos : (22 May 2017 - 08:56 PM)

Yeah, Tylor is awesome. One of the few series (Tylor and Escaflowne) I watched multiple times subtitled. On VHS even. Own two sets of each on DVD (or BD in 2nd Escaflowne's case). Original Tylor DVD and the remastered DVD, and both sets of dubs for Escaflowne (not counting the aborted Saturday morning edit, though I did tape that as it aired).

@  Steevy Maximus : (22 May 2017 - 08:28 PM)

Man, I'm so sad I missed so much of the mid-90s anime. The Irresponsible Captain Tylor is SO MUCH FUN!

@  Paladin : (22 May 2017 - 11:43 AM)

where's GALVATRON in MP form dammit?! he didn't even get in for the anniversary year...

@  TheMightyMol... : (22 May 2017 - 11:35 AM)

I'm still waiting on the rest of the Dinobots.

@  Robowang : (22 May 2017 - 11:24 AM)

The Decepticon MP cassettes are probably my favorite MP figures so far. Fantastic little dudes.

@  Bass X0 : (22 May 2017 - 11:23 AM)

I want a Masterpiece Blaster if only because I'm fond of the Masterpiece cassettes and want Takara to make more. They should also do Slugfest and Overkill since they were in the cartoon too, even if it was only very briefly.

@  Robowang : (22 May 2017 - 11:21 AM)

I just want the Chip figure. The only Autobot cars I have or want are G2 Sideswipe and Hot Rod.

@  Paladin : (22 May 2017 - 11:14 AM)

another Autobot car. "yaaaaaay."

Photo
- - - - -

Transformers Earth Wars

Transformers Earth Wars Pay-To-Win

693 replies to this topic

#1 Lisbon Virgo

Lisbon Virgo

What a nerd!

• Supporter
  • 4040 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 01 June 2016 - 04:22 PM

The game has gone live for both iOS and Android. However, DO NOT download directly through the App Store or Google Play if you pre-registered!!! Wait for the email to let you know the game is out and download it through there. If you download directly instead of through the email you will not be able to get your free character, and the developers are saying there's no way to correct for this.

Edited by Lisbon Virgo, 07 November 2016 - 08:35 PM.

3DS Friend Code: 5155 - 3611 - 9787
I was Ursa'ed on 10/22/13!
I'm an idiot with a warning point.

#2 Kalidor

Kalidor

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Owner
  • 59245 posts

Posted 01 June 2016 - 04:24 PM

It's not live until tomorrow but you can still go here to do all the stuff you said

#3 Lisbon Virgo

Lisbon Virgo

What a nerd!

• Supporter
  • 4040 posts

Posted 01 June 2016 - 04:40 PM

It might not officially be live, but the notification emails have gone out and new players can access it and start playing. Seems live enough to me. I honestly don't believe the developers when they say they can't do anything for the players who pre-registered and downloaded the game before getting the email.

#4 Locoman

Locoman

meow

• Citizen
  • 1667 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 01 June 2016 - 04:55 PM

Is it another p2w game?

"He learned, almost too late, that man is a feeling creature and, because of it, the greatest in the universe. He learned, too late for himself, that men have to make their own way, to make their own mistakes. There can't be any gift of perfection from outside ourselves. And, when men seek such perfection, they find there's only death, fire, loss, disillusionment, the end of everything that's gone forward. Men have always sought an end to toil and misery. It can't be given; it has to be achieved. There is hope, but it has to come from inside, from man himself."

#5 Spectre

Spectre
  • Retired Staff
  • 10493 posts

Posted 01 June 2016 - 04:57 PM

Yes.

#6 Maruten

Maruten
  • Supporter
  • 3630 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 01 June 2016 - 05:42 PM

I stopped playing months ago. I really didn't find it at all appealing. I was keen to rebuild our Battle Tactics league, but the hoops you have to jump through to unlock that functionality in Earth Wars... no. 

76.jpg

#7 Locoman

Locoman

meow

• Citizen
  • 1667 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 01 June 2016 - 06:17 PM

Yes.

So... how long are we going to give this one, then? A year? Two years?
"He learned, almost too late, that man is a feeling creature and, because of it, the greatest in the universe. He learned, too late for himself, that men have to make their own way, to make their own mistakes. There can't be any gift of perfection from outside ourselves. And, when men seek such perfection, they find there's only death, fire, loss, disillusionment, the end of everything that's gone forward. Men have always sought an end to toil and misery. It can't be given; it has to be achieved. There is hope, but it has to come from inside, from man himself."

#8 Confuzor

Confuzor

They put em in Smash Bros!!!!

• Supporter
  • 6659 posts

Posted 01 June 2016 - 07:47 PM

Game doesn't really capture my attention. Plus Battle Tactics kinda soured me on the play-to-win mechanic where are the popular characters are "locked" behind having to pay money to be in the competition. (or cheat)

#9 Dvandom

Dvandom

Purveyor of Ponies. And Physics.

• Supporter
  • 15327 posts

Posted 01 June 2016 - 10:44 PM

Yeah, combining PVP with Pay To Win is the main reason I avoid "free" app games anymore.

---Dave

DAVE'S WEBPAGES
-- www.eyrie.org/~dvandom/BW --
NEWS, REVIEWS and SIGHTINGS
-- www.dvandom.com --
ARTWORK and IMAGES

Pssst...if you
can't see my images,
try my deviantArt!

#10 Lisbon Virgo

Lisbon Virgo

What a nerd!

• Supporter
  • 4040 posts

Posted 02 June 2016 - 03:01 AM

For those who want to play....

If you experience the same issue I did, pre-registered but weren't able to get the free character after you downloaded the game, contact support at transformersearthwars dot com and they should be able to get the problem resolved. I now have Breakdown in my ranks. :)

Edited by Lisbon Virgo, 02 June 2016 - 03:25 AM.

#11 TheSupernova

TheSupernova

Out there... Thataway!

• Citizen
  • 465 posts

Posted 02 June 2016 - 08:35 AM

I jumped the gun and installed before getting the email, so I missed out on the free Breakdown (for now).

That said, I played for a while and I'm just not sure I can get into this game. I don't always have a lot of time on a consistent basis anymore to really contribute in a multiplayer/PvP environment, and the fact that some random person can come in an wreck my base is super unappealing.

Maybe I'm missing something here...?

I'm not a man of many words.  When I do have something to say, though, I'll try and make it worth your while!

#12 DeltaSeeker

DeltaSeeker
  • Supporter
  • 4580 posts

Posted 02 June 2016 - 12:05 PM

I've been playing a bit.  I installed last night, and I'm almost level 3 right now.  It's alright, slower paced than I like, but then i'm not really a fan of these types of games.

It keeps to build a scanner to "engage rival players", but I'm not ready for PVP at this point, so it's staying unbuilt

Not sure I like the battles.  I don't seem to be able to control where my team attacks, just if they use their special ability.  Getting tired of my flyers heading off in one direction to get slaughtered while leaving Ironhide to fend for himself.  Am I missing something in the controls?

#13 Strafe

Strafe

Secretary of Balloon Doggies

• Retired Staff
  • 11137 posts

Posted 02 June 2016 - 12:52 PM

The game's developer was streaming on Twitch and taking questions with Simon Furman, so that was pretty neat. (He said if he could add anyone to the game, it would be Rattrap)

I see the appeal but as a rule, I generally don't play the the kinds of games you can pick up in an app store. The robot models themselves have a decent bit of detail for that particular resolution, and the animations are smooth. So it's got that going for it.

#14 Shadewing

Shadewing

Evil faces a Black Night

• Supporter
  • 32501 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 02 June 2016 - 01:04 PM

Speaking of Furman, I did find a Furmanism in the game. I'm playing the Decepticon campaign, and at one point in the story mode Starscream claim the Autobots shall "Reap the Whirlwind." That actually managed to get a laugh outta me as I just really didn't expect to see that. I hadn't realize that the game was written by him till that point.

This could fun if the story mode is silly campy fun like that, it's pretty much a Transformers Clash of Clans.

I will admit that I'm disappointed that not everyone gets call out of their names. It just feels off to have "Megatron!" "Bludgeon!" "Starscream!" and then "Crush Them!" when deploying Tantrum.

3DS Friend Code: 0387-9040-3532

Twitch Channel

Youtube Replays

VOTE for what I play on 8/30!

Friday: Sonic Generations - Sunday: Transformers WFC - Tuesday: Little Inferno

#15 Tindalos

Tindalos
  • Citizen
  • 1231 posts

Posted 02 June 2016 - 01:59 PM

Maybe Crush Them is Tantrum's other name. He's friends with Live Only To Destroy Our Mutual Enemies.

#16 HeyMickey

HeyMickey

I'll take you like a man!

• Supporter
  • 5435 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 02 June 2016 - 03:57 PM

As someone who does play a few pay 2 win mobile games, this game needs some rough edges smoothed down for it to hit that part of the brain that whispers to you "Sure, just a small purchase won't hurt..."

The biggest issue I see is pacing. The game moves in starts and stops that kills any sense of momentum or illusion of quick and steady progress.
QUOTE(SpinOut! @ Feb 15 2011, 05:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Toni Basil's face
Photoshopped everywhere
I am terrified

#17 Shadewing

Shadewing

Evil faces a Black Night

• Supporter
  • 32501 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 02 June 2016 - 04:14 PM

One of my biggest annoyances so far, is that in the PvP area, they split things up based on defense. you have like 100, 300, and 900. Just starting this yesterday I'm not yet to the point of dealing with 300 def bases, but it feels like some of the bases I end up fighting should be in there. A team power of 275 should theoretically be able of handling most any base in that category, yet there are those where the defenses will kill my team before before they barely do any damage.

3DS Friend Code: 0387-9040-3532

Twitch Channel

Youtube Replays

VOTE for what I play on 8/30!

Friday: Sonic Generations - Sunday: Transformers WFC - Tuesday: Little Inferno

#18 Lisbon Virgo

Lisbon Virgo

What a nerd!

• Supporter
  • 4040 posts

Posted 02 June 2016 - 04:42 PM

As anyone started an Allspark Alliance yet? I know Seibertron.com has one of their own and is currently warring with another group. We need one to represent!

#19 Creature SH

Creature SH

Condemented

• Supporter
  • 5431 posts
  • Faction::Dinobot

Posted 02 June 2016 - 05:38 PM

No, we really don't.

#20 RYNO

RYNO

Ready to Roll Out

• Citizen
  • 5518 posts

Posted 03 June 2016 - 10:02 AM

Been playing this a lot over the last couple of days.

Currently have Optimus Prime (** lvl14) Ironhide (* 15), Mirage (** 8), Stormclash (* 14), Ratchet (* 1), Jetfire (* 10), Sunstreaker (* 10), Powerglide (* 10)

By base is Level 4. Working on Maxing out Walls before moving to Level 5. Current player level is  9.

I know they wanted to get CoC Players to come over to this, but in it's current state I just don't see it happening... It's neat and all but so far really rough.

The Trophy system needs reworked. I'm sitting at a Power Level of 444 doing 300 levels and only getting 1 Trophy. The next jump level is Trophy level 900. That's doing me no good. Plus if I lose a battle that's like 18 trophies instantly lost. No way to easily recoup that loss.

The battles are way to simplistic. Power through to the Base Destroy it, instant win. I prefer the 50%, TH Destroyed, 100% Three star rule of CoC.

I do like the game, but it's got a lot of work needed to have it take any CoC Players away.

Edited by RYNO, 03 June 2016 - 10:02 AM.

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Transformers, Earth Wars, Pay-To-Win

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users