Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Steevy Maximus : (25 January 2020 - 10:01 PM)

But when was the last time you saw a major retailer (since TRU) actually allot shelf space for a Transformers Titan? Or the Vintage Collection Poe X-Wing? There's clearly some sort of disparity between "girls" and "boys" toys that give companies justification to create $100+ items in the girls segment in FAR greater frequency than in boys.

@  fourteenwings : (25 January 2020 - 12:56 AM)

"how expensive they were" Tell that to L.O.L. O.M.G. and the $129 Amazing Surprise (I mean I guess when it comes to the toy aisle Power Rangers isn't a juggernaut like L.O.L.)

@  Steevy Maximus : (24 January 2020 - 09:18 PM)

I think the big reason we didn't see the actual combining Zords at retail was because of how expensive they were. It would cost $100 to get enough of them to make a Megazord, $160+ if you want the Ultrazord. Or parents could just get the dang Ultrazord for $40 even if it didn't combine.

@  Steevy Maximus : (24 January 2020 - 09:11 PM)

Because they are "kids toys" not "collector toys"

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (24 January 2020 - 03:27 PM)

1) I don't have Target. 2) can't go into my walmart. I'm surprised Hasbro won't sell the toys on Pulse

@  Bass X0 : (24 January 2020 - 02:43 PM)

I dreamt my phone was ringing and woke up to answer it.

@  Sabrblade : (24 January 2020 - 02:05 PM)

The Lightning Collection figures, the smaller normal-sized Beast Morphers Ranger/enemy/Beast-Bot figures, the role-play morpher and weapon toys, and the simplistic non-combining megazord toys have all been very easy to find at various Targets and Walmarts. It's only been the actual combining Beast Morphers zord toys (which are bizarrely being sold individually this time) that have been hard to find in stores.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (24 January 2020 - 01:49 PM)

Thought I do question Hasbro's almost reluctance to have the toys available anywhere.

@  Paladin : (24 January 2020 - 01:44 PM)

i've been trying to sell mine for weeks...

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (24 January 2020 - 01:37 PM)

I hadn't opened mine yet, but from what I've seen, the general agreement is that the Beast Morpher zords are much better than Bandais.

@  ThunderWear : (24 January 2020 - 11:16 AM)

I'm guessing if they're going to do anything on the level of Legacy Zords, it's being discussed behind NDAs at Toy Fair

@  Rodimus Supreme : (24 January 2020 - 10:38 AM)

Lightning Collection is good, and they're taking their sweet time on making Zords that are better than Bandai's Zords.

@  ThunderWear : (24 January 2020 - 10:34 AM)

So, what's the general PR fandom consensus of the Hasbro run of PR so far? I pretty much stepped out of the community after I got the Bandai Legacy zords I wanted.

@  Paladin : (24 January 2020 - 08:46 AM)

that would require someone to BUY Hasbro PR toys...

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (24 January 2020 - 07:17 AM)

Well hopefully see some cool PR stuff. Wish BBTS sold Hasbro PR toys.

@  fourteenwings : (24 January 2020 - 07:01 AM)

February 22nd through 25th, I feel like it was earlier last year...

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (24 January 2020 - 06:32 AM)

When is NY TF?

@  fourteenwings : (23 January 2020 - 11:43 PM)

I don't know about Hasbro's general policy but I know everybody was on lockdown for Frozen II, which included both LEGO and Hasbro. Plus, I'm guessing everybody is holding off PR for NY Toy Fair? Overall, it's best to remember that Toy Fairs are for buyers, not fans.

@  fourteenwings : (23 January 2020 - 11:41 PM)

LEGO has been doing this for ages, including sending cease and desists when outlets get leaked images.

@  ThunderWear : (23 January 2020 - 10:42 PM)

And then they ended up selling off the brand, so I guess I wasn't the only one.

@  ThunderWear : (23 January 2020 - 10:41 PM)

Last time a toy brand I followed tightened down on toy fair and all the invited guests posted glowing reviews of what they saw, I ended up being disappointed as heck.

@  Steevy Maximus : (23 January 2020 - 10:34 PM)

JediNews UK basically said they got a walkthrough of Lego's showcase...but were legally bound to NOT talk about anything, much less take pics.

@  ThunderWear : (23 January 2020 - 10:24 PM)

I wondered why I had seen basically nothing newsworthy from the event

@  Steevy Maximus : (23 January 2020 - 10:14 PM)

Word is that Hasbro and Lego have their UK Toy Fair stuff on MAJOR lockdown. Full NDAs and everything.

@  ThunderWear : (23 January 2020 - 09:28 PM)

Seeing people say the $0.99 + $20 shipping item is cheaper than the $19.99 + free shipping item and getting tons of likes for it... I just don't know anymore.

@  Telly : (23 January 2020 - 09:11 PM)

if you havent already, y'all check your walmarts clearance aisle. i found siege six shot for $5. course, it could just be my walmart, but never hurts to look

@  Vexwing : (23 January 2020 - 07:20 PM)

Candlejack is going to need more ro

@  Patch : (23 January 2020 - 06:30 PM)

I thought you had to type out Candlejack's full name bef

@  Maximus Ambus : (23 January 2020 - 02:46 PM)

I typed in the wrong tab.

@  Paladin : (23 January 2020 - 02:32 PM)

must've been the works of Candleja

@  Telly : (23 January 2020 - 02:06 PM)

looks like maximus wiped himself out mid-sentence

@  Maximus Ambus : (23 January 2020 - 08:42 AM)

Disregard this.

@  TheMightyMol... : (22 January 2020 - 06:58 PM)

Bold of you all to assume we won't wipe ourselves out in 50 years.

@  Benbot : (22 January 2020 - 04:27 PM)

There will be no UBI, people will just live in a ditch while they celebrate owning the libs.

@  Rycochet : (22 January 2020 - 03:24 PM)

In 50 years, retail will be dead because all stores are staffless fully automated operations controlled by Amazon. The UBI will be less than a fifth of what it actually costs to live after two decades of cuts and.a steadfast refusal to match inflation.

@  Maximus Ambus : (22 January 2020 - 02:55 PM)

In fifty years retail will be a thing of the past through robots, printers and Universal Basic Income.

@  Rodimus Supreme : (21 January 2020 - 11:16 AM)

Big retailers just don't want money anymore, so let's not give them any,

@  TheMightyMol... : (20 January 2020 - 04:12 PM)

This place is a madhouse, feels like being cloned.

@  Maximus Ambus : (20 January 2020 - 03:38 PM)

I took one step beyond the outer limits to the twilight zone.

@  TheMightyMol... : (20 January 2020 - 10:19 AM)

All retail is basically the same.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (20 January 2020 - 10:00 AM)

Walmart just needs to go bankrupt already.

@  ThunderWear : (20 January 2020 - 07:19 AM)

They didn't put the 35th anniversary stuff back out until after new year. I'm no retail expert, but I feel like having stock on the shelf is better than the back. Especially toys at christmas time.

@  ThunderWear : (20 January 2020 - 07:18 AM)

Yeah, my local walmart took away the 35th anniversary endcap weeks before Christmas and left the Transformer section empty well past Christmas.

@  TheMightyMol... : (20 January 2020 - 04:44 AM)

Mine only has the 35th Anniversary Voyagers. A whole lot of them.

@  Telly : (19 January 2020 - 11:35 PM)

just be happy your walmart even stocks voyagers. mine doesnt

@  Steevy Maximus : (19 January 2020 - 08:53 PM)

Figures that Walmart finally restocks Studio Voyagers...with Wave ONE

@  ThunderWear : (19 January 2020 - 09:27 AM)

I snagged Rainmakers for half off.  They make me want jolly ranchers.

@  Trpodeca : (18 January 2020 - 04:21 PM)

I was using my account on another comptuer, and oddly it seemed to default to $US rather than converting it.

@  TM2-Megatron : (18 January 2020 - 02:02 PM)

You should be able to set eBay to display in your local currency, although personally I like to know the actual currency the item is listed in so I know if I need to account for forex fees or not

@  Trpodeca : (18 January 2020 - 06:34 AM)

I'd also like to take the opportunity to say I despise Ebay for showing the list prices in US money.

Photo

DC Rebirth Discussion: The Watchmenening

New 52 DC Rebirth Watchmen

96 replies to this topic

#21 Rust

Rust

Slightly Off

• Supporter
  • 46751 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 21 May 2016 - 11:07 AM

Wouldn't the Watchman Universe be a veritable utopia of global cooperation in the wake of Ozymandias' plans, though?

I mean, Watchmen ended on the note that the thing super heroes fight for had come to pass.

So of course it's going to end with Batman revealing to the public at large the truth behind the deception.

I believe Watchmen ended on the note that someone found the journal and everything that had just been bought with monumental death might come to nothing. So, theoretically, the world after Watchmen has at least as much chance of being a mess as a Utopia.

It's been years, but I thought the Journal was found and was being passed off as fluff piece editorials for slow news days.

#22 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 17428 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 21 May 2016 - 11:22 AM

No. It ends with the guy reaching into a pile of stuff to possibly publish and pulling out the journal. When the journal is read the secret of what happened is out. How the reader, and the world react to that is left entirely open.

It could be dismissed as 9/11 ish crackpot conspiracy or it could absolutely destroy everything Ozmandias did. Watchman makes no hint it just ends with it being found and about to be read and the secret will be out.

-ZacWilliam, so we're left 50/50 on the world falling apart again.

Edited by ZacWilliam1, 21 May 2016 - 11:23 AM.

Ever wonder about the speed of Turbofoxes?
Or the proverbial ailerons of Titanium Moosebots?

*Visit the one and only Cybertronic Bestiary.
For a mechazoologic tour of the mechanimals of Cybertron.

#23 Glenn

Glenn
  • Supporter
  • 10600 posts

Posted 21 May 2016 - 05:24 PM

another reboot, another hand..

#24 Fortress Ironhold

Fortress Ironhold

Blasphemer

• Banned
  • 20567 posts

Posted 21 May 2016 - 08:06 PM

No. It ends with the guy reaching into a pile of stuff to possibly publish and pulling out the journal. When the journal is read the secret of what happened is out. How the reader, and the world react to that is left entirely open.

It could be dismissed as 9/11 ish crackpot conspiracy or it could absolutely destroy everything Ozmandias did. Watchman makes no hint it just ends with it being found and about to be read and the secret will be out.

IIRC, the final panel does show that the ketchup stain on the guy's shirt makes it look exactly like the bloody Comedian pin from the very beginning of the book, suggesting ominous happenings either way.

#25 Johnny Here

Johnny Here
  • Citizen
  • 692 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 21 May 2016 - 08:31 PM

Damn so with two Wally's the real Bart is never coming back.
:(

Edited by Johnny Here, 21 May 2016 - 08:31 PM.

#26 D Immortalis

D Immortalis

I've gotta make the world know my name...

• Citizen
  • 3794 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 22 May 2016 - 02:37 AM

oh DC...i wanna wait to reserve judgment till ive read the book...but urge to opinion rising...

so the hand ISNT the guy from multiversity? why is it that DC just cannot WAIT to ignore and ruin Multiversity as much as possible? First the Anti-Monitor thing and now the hand...both things from Geoff Johns stories...what does he have against Morrison?

sigh...even the JSA thing bothers me...i know i shouldnt care, but Johnny Thunders was dead, and living in the fifth dimension...i hope this "return" doesnt suck.

_+-=-+DAEMON IMMORTALIS+-=-+_

Day One is over, The Future's approaching
The embers are glowing, we're spreading the ash

#27 Internet Jesus

Internet Jesus

And this is the way the world ends.

• Citizen
  • 22355 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 22 May 2016 - 05:25 AM

The problem with Multiversity and Darkseid War was the timing. At first, the Pandora thing with Wildstorm, DC and Vertigo merging was supposed to lead into Darkseid War, and the eventual move of the DC offices from New York to Burbank.

But timing fell through. Multiversity was going to be the reason for the New 52, but it didn't happen there either. That's two events wasted. Then there was Convergence but that's a whole different mess.

So Johns did this to lead into Rebirth instead. I have no idea why they cant just let Grant do what he wants, but these are the cards we've been dealt. An evil Doctor Manhattan for some reason.

But in the current, digitized world, trivial information is accumulating every second, preserved in all its triteness. Never fading, always accessible. Rumors about petty issues, misinterpretations, slander... All this junk data preserved in an unfiltered state, growing at an alarming rate. It will only slow down social progress, reduce the rate of evolution. You seem to think that our plan is one of censorship. What we propose to do is not to control content, but to create context.

#28 Ramsay Lokos

Ramsay Lokos
  • Citizen
  • 190 posts

Posted 22 May 2016 - 06:56 AM

I barely follow comic stories these days, but I don't see this as a problem as long as the stories are good. I have no loyalty towards one writer or another, regardless of the high esteem people have towards them. I DO like the supposed goal to return to a brighter, more optimistic DC Universe. That was one of the more defining differences between them and Marvel's more sober approach to comic stories. I may end up picking up some titles from DC after Wednesday if they can execute their plans well. Isn't that the goal?

#29 Confuzor

Confuzor

They put em in Smash Bros!!!!

• Supporter
  • 8092 posts

Posted 22 May 2016 - 10:44 AM

Its been a while since I read Watchmen, but wasn't it pointed out at one time that whatever Rorschach was "writing" was really just illegible scrawls on the paper? The guy who opens the book is going to see the fevered chickenscratch of a lunatic and toss it aside.

#30 Fero McPigletron

Fero McPigletron

Not a Maverick! Maybe.

• Citizen
  • 8828 posts

Posted 22 May 2016 - 10:49 AM

Legion hints? But not the Zero Hour kid legion (grown up now I suppose)? Boo. Where's Gates?

FWXOT0z.gif

TOY DRAMA THEATER!

1 minute of (minimal) lights, (steady) camera and...  ACTION FIGURES! (mostly Transformers) - Episode 031: Combiners and chest envy 

Episodes here

#31 Sean Whitmore

Sean Whitmore
  • Citizen
  • 8052 posts

Posted 22 May 2016 - 04:14 PM

Thankfully, I'm emotionally divorced enough now from the current DCU that I can just sort of observe the trainwreckiness of it all from afar.

I hope DC sends the leaker a nice fruit basket, cause this is gonna sell copies of the book to people who otherwise didn't give a damn about another tired event comic.

PSN: SeanWhitmore

Switch: SW-7452-6932-0513

3DS: 0490-6399-8582

I did a new video thing:
https://www.allspark.com/forums/topic/159447-whos-the-right-arm/

#32 Dusty

Dusty
  • Citizen
  • 5850 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 12:44 PM

I stopped reading DC monthlies not long after the New 52 happened. I am deathly tired of reboots and "edginess" for the sake of goosing sales.

DC Rebirth is a fantastic comic. It's the first time I've been interested in DC's mainline books in years. You should actually read it, rather than a bullet point list of spoilers, before you judge it too harshly. It's very, very good.

• Jet likes this

#33 D Immortalis

D Immortalis

• Citizen
  • 3794 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 01:36 PM

​Being a DC guy at heart, I was let down by a lot of the new52, though, yes, there was some good, and even great stuff in there. My big problem with current DC is the lack of a coherent continuity. This mostly stems around The post Convergence stuff, Darkseid War, Batman #50, and Green Lantern...but I'm just one of those guys who likes to know when stuff happens in relation to other stuff, I'm crazy like that.

REBIRTH was FANTASTIC! If this is setting the stage for all that's to come from DC for a while, I'm so on board. While theyre not erasing the new52, they are . making enough changes to it that I look forward to seeing what "matters" from here on out. It feels like theres been an addition of hope into the dark and griminess of the new52, and that's really what it needed more than anything.

And random appearance by what appears to be a pre-Flashpoint Captain Atom made me happy, its always good to see him (funny to include him considering the rest of the issue)...and is the girl in the blue cloak with Starfire suppoused to be Raven?

Just as the universe got a shot of hope, I have too.

Also, Superman #52 totally brought a tear to my eye. I didn't like new52 supes until the powerloss stoyline began...its been rock solid great since then.

Please, please don't screw this up guys, please.

Edited by D Immortalis, 25 May 2016 - 01:40 PM.

#34 Destron D-69

Destron D-69

Springer's Mom has got it go'n on!

• Supporter
  • 62548 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 01:46 PM

well I'm dropping my last DC book with issue 52 of Batgirl... seems fitting

#35 Internet Jesus

Internet Jesus

And this is the way the world ends.

• Citizen
  • 22355 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 01:48 PM

Oh, you're gonna hate it when they reveal New 52 Superman was either Kon-El all along or a genetic clone like Bubastis was.

Because the guy who was manipulating New 52 Supes? He's called Mr. Oz. He just appeared to Pre-52 Supes in Rebirth.

Mr. Oz.

Oz.

Ozymandias.

Bubastis connection.

Bam.

But in the current, digitized world, trivial information is accumulating every second, preserved in all its triteness. Never fading, always accessible. Rumors about petty issues, misinterpretations, slander... All this junk data preserved in an unfiltered state, growing at an alarming rate. It will only slow down social progress, reduce the rate of evolution. You seem to think that our plan is one of censorship. What we propose to do is not to control content, but to create context.

#36 AgentOrange

AgentOrange
  • Citizen
  • 1267 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 02:23 PM

Oh, you're gonna hate it when they reveal New 52 Superman was either Kon-El all along or a genetic clone like Bubastis was.

Because the guy who was manipulating New 52 Supes? He's called Mr. Oz. He just appeared to Pre-52 Supes in Rebirth.

Mr. Oz.

Oz.

Ozymandias.

Bubastis connection.

Bam.

You wait for dead52 Clark to have actually been Superboy Prime plucked from the Source Wall by Manhattan and you'll wish that was the case.

LOOKDOWN.png

#37 Cattleprod

Cattleprod
  • Citizen
  • 2348 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 25 May 2016 - 03:11 PM

Okay, the explanation for how two Wally Wests exist in the New 52 universe actively makes no sense if you've actually followed the New 52 Flash comics. The original ginger Wally says he's the son of Rudy West, and everyone just forgot he existed, and the new Wally is the son of Daniel West, the first New 52 Reverse Flash. Except... new Wally was the son of Rudy West. They specifically established that Daniel was his uncle, and also, Daniel would've been 10 years old when new Wally was born.

#38 Jet

Jet

the truth is out there

• Citizen
  • 24793 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 03:12 PM

Obviously the three Jokers are Batman '66 Joker, BTAS Joker, and TDK Joker.

That would seriously be the greatest thing ever.

#39 Dusty

Dusty
  • Citizen
  • 5850 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 03:13 PM

Okay, the explanation for how two Wally Wests exist in the New 52 universe actively makes no sense if you've actually followed the New 52 Flash comics.

Don't worry, nobody has.

#40 D Immortalis

D Immortalis

• Citizen
  • 3794 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 04:55 PM

Mr. Oz.

Oz.

Ozymandias.

Bubastis connection.

Bam.

Half-Life 3 confirmed?

or

It was ME Austin! It Was me All along!

Edited by D Immortalis, 25 May 2016 - 04:55 PM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users