Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Evac : (27 March 2017 - 09:01 PM)

True, but IIRC Spike had more screen time during Costa's run.

@  Rycochet : (27 March 2017 - 07:31 PM)

AHM deserves some of the blame for Spike, McCarthy was the one who made him the unlikeable army guy in the first place and had Optimus go 'Oh Spike, you're so manly, earth needs you. We should totally be best friends now!' 'No, it doesn't matter how hard you fought to save Earth or how many of your own kind were killed offpanel, we can never be friends with you so begone! Now, if you don't mind, I have a prisoner of war to drive about in and nurses to boink.'

@  Evac : (27 March 2017 - 06:05 PM)

AHM was bad, yeah, but I feel Costa was worse. Spike is the absolute worst character in the IDW comics, which really sucks since I like cartoon Spike.

@  Dracula : (27 March 2017 - 05:22 PM)

I haven't read AHM but as I understand it's very "story beats taken from Budiansky bios"

@  Telly : (27 March 2017 - 05:18 PM)

was referring more to how he was suspected of being a traitor in g1. and dreamwave. and 2001 rid. it was sarcastic, hence the :rolleyes  lol

@  Rycochet : (27 March 2017 - 05:10 PM)

Don't expect major events to be forshadowed.

@  Telly : (27 March 2017 - 04:57 PM)

wow! what a twist! mirage is suspected of being a traitor! :rolleyes

@  Telly : (27 March 2017 - 04:49 PM)

yeah im only on issue 4 and its only been like 30 minutes since i started. lots of splash pages and very little dialog

@  unitremover : (27 March 2017 - 04:47 PM)

I read it for the first time about a year ago and my main problem with it was just how little content there seemed to be in the individual issues. I remember thinking that it took probably three issues before I felt like it had really delivered a "proper" issue's worth of story.

@  Telly : (27 March 2017 - 04:33 PM)

id rather read about the galaxy-wide war than yet another story on earth. thats one of the things i loved about formerly r.i.d. but when they went back before combiner wars i lost interest. i read til all are one because of this.

@  Rycochet : (27 March 2017 - 04:24 PM)

It's one of those stories that gets slightly better with age because you know that IDW comics recover, but at the time it was a massive step back, a complex universe where the war was being fought across the galaxy swept away offpanel and replaced by n episode of the cartoon with blood..And there's a fan character we were told we were going to love, inserted to lecture the Autobots.

@  Bass X0 : (27 March 2017 - 04:12 PM)

Its not a bad story really, but then I've read actual bad TF event stories by IDW that came later. There is one major turnabout that happens off panel with no explanation that should have been addressed better though.

@  Telly : (27 March 2017 - 04:08 PM)

im about to start reading all hail megatron. wish me luck...

@  RC85747 : (27 March 2017 - 03:56 PM)

Bow to the evil unicorn

@  RichardT1977 : (27 March 2017 - 03:55 PM)

The G1 film had multiple good songs.

@  Dracula : (27 March 2017 - 03:37 PM)

he ain't the sharpest tool in the shed

@  Robowang : (27 March 2017 - 03:36 PM)

he's fat.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (27 March 2017 - 02:39 PM)

What do y'all think of Shrek?

@  Evac : (27 March 2017 - 01:51 PM)

Put down that chainsaw and listen to me! It's time for us to join in the fight!

@  Evac : (27 March 2017 - 01:51 PM)

At least the G1 film had one good song.

@  Boomhauer : (27 March 2017 - 01:27 PM)

I think I'd rather take neither, because ROTF being awful doesn't magically make the G1 Film stop being terrible.

@  Bass X0 : (27 March 2017 - 12:56 PM)

I'll take a children's movie where everyone talks like Wreck-Gar over a children's movie that has dog sex, masturbation, drugs, golden showers and enemy scrotum.

@  Rycochet : (27 March 2017 - 12:12 PM)

Oh-ee-yay! Talespin!

@  TheMightyMol... : (27 March 2017 - 10:09 AM)

Superman.....

@  Sabrblade : (27 March 2017 - 09:27 AM)

"I... am not... a gun."

@  Evac : (26 March 2017 - 03:42 PM)

Another great 90's animated film is, of course, The Iron Giant.

@  RichardT1977 : (26 March 2017 - 03:25 PM)

Another thing I liked about The Prince of Egypt was that it explained (without even having to say it outright) why Moses was chosen to deliver the Israelites from Egypt. Someone who had been raised among the slaves would have had too much bitterness and would want to go in throwing the wrath of God on all the Egyptians (or at least the royal family) until they all burned alive. But Moses had been raised as a member of the royal family, so he still thought of them as family. He wanted to reach a peaceful solution if at all possible.

@  Evac : (26 March 2017 - 03:04 PM)

"I know! I'll turn him into a flea. A harmless little flea, and then I'll put that flea in a box, and then put that box inside of another box, and when it arrives - AHAHAHA! I'LL SMASH IT WITH A HAMMAH! It's brilliant, brilliant, BRILLIANT, I tell you! Genius, I say!"

@  Evac : (26 March 2017 - 03:03 PM)

Hell, The Emperor's New Groove is easily the funniest animated film ever. Disney managed to do what Dreamworks tried to do, and they did it right.

@  Evac : (26 March 2017 - 03:02 PM)

None of their "funny" movies are anywhere near as funny as Aladdin or The Emperor's New Groove.

@  Evac : (26 March 2017 - 03:02 PM)

Its a pity Dreamworks devolved into a company that churned out "funny" films filled with pop culture references.

@  RichardT1977 : (26 March 2017 - 03:00 PM)

(also at the end of that scene, the camera pans up from the Egyptian skyline to the night sky and the most prominent constellation is Orion. Which the Egyptians associated with Osiris)

@  RichardT1977 : (26 March 2017 - 02:59 PM)

Yeah I give them full credit for treating the Last Plague with all the solemness it deserves.

@  Evac : (26 March 2017 - 02:59 PM)

It freed the Israelites, but Moses sure hated seeing what it did to his brother and all the normal non-slave owning people who didn't do anything wrong to the Israelites.

@  Evac : (26 March 2017 - 02:58 PM)

And it actually portrays God murdering children as a tragic thing, something most other adaptations disturbingly don't do.

@  RichardT1977 : (26 March 2017 - 02:57 PM)

So that what He told Moses becomes, "I'll lay the smackdown on Egypt, but I should warn you it's only gonna make Rameses dig in his heels more until I have no choice but to break him fully."

@  RichardT1977 : (26 March 2017 - 02:56 PM)

It also describes the "hardening of the Pharoah's heart" as his natural reaction to the plagues rather than an intentional mental override by God.

@  Evac : (26 March 2017 - 02:54 PM)

Hell, it actually portrays the Plagues as something that's bad and treats most of the Egyptian people as not deserving that shit. "All the innocent who suffer from your stubbornness and pride" and all that.

@  Evac : (26 March 2017 - 02:53 PM)

I'm a Christian, but Prince of Egypt is one of the few religious movies I'll willingly watch, because it's actually good instead of being self-rightous preachy nonsense, batshit crazy propaganda or schmaltzy trash. It also has a great soundtrack with music that I actually put up there with some of Disney's best stuff.

@  Evac : (26 March 2017 - 02:45 PM)

Dreamworks's best movies will always be the Dragons movies and The Prince of Egypt.

@  TM2-Megatron : (26 March 2017 - 02:40 PM)

Usually I'm willing to give animated films a go, but I have to agree this looked pretty terrible and I had no desire to see it

@  Patchouli Kn... : (26 March 2017 - 02:40 PM)

So it's the new "Bee Movie?"

@  Evac : (26 March 2017 - 02:16 PM)

Calling it now: it'll be a meme in ten years.

@  Paladin : (26 March 2017 - 02:07 PM)

every single person who said "yes" to BOSS BABY should be smacked. repeatedly. with adamantium.

@  MEDdMI : (26 March 2017 - 06:02 AM)

Yeah, I don't sync my Twitter since it's irrelevant to a TF forum and sometimes NSFW.

@  LBD "Nyt... : (26 March 2017 - 06:00 AM)

Ah, okay. I... don't know if that's a good idea or not. I post a lot of cats.

@  MEDdMI : (26 March 2017 - 05:50 AM)

I believe it will auto post anything you put on Twitter/Facebook to the Status section on the main forum page?

@  LBD "Nyt... : (26 March 2017 - 05:41 AM)

And I totally miss Krispy Kreme. I mean, they're still around here, but nowhere I don't have to go well out of my way for any more. =(

@  LBD "Nyt... : (26 March 2017 - 05:40 AM)

"i think you can sync profiles from both to this site." Not clear on what that means.

@  MEDdMI : (26 March 2017 - 05:04 AM)

:D I'm glad I have people and sheep who are willing to eat doughnuts for me.

Photo
- - - - -

"Dollar store" Kreon Micro-Changers: new bodies & tampographs!

75 replies to this topic

#41 M Sipher

M Sipher

Won't you come with me to Music Jail?

• Citizen
  • 11482 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 02:03 PM

Well, with Lugnut his clip-on domes are replaced with those "tubines" introduced in the AOE kits. Hoist's hollow-ring "hook" got replaced by a similar but noticably different piece. Both you can see in my comparison pics and are pretty easy to spot.

M "And I've Found Mixed-Hue Parts In Both Releases" Sipher
The ISLE OF RANGOON - Advantures in Learning and Sarcasm!
Holy crap Sipher has a Tumblr apparently!
http://www.tfwiki.net - We left Wikia before it was cool to do so!

"I don't know whether it's a new thing, but it's certainly a current thing, in that it doesn't seem to matter what facts are. It used to be, everyone was entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts."
- Stephen Colbert

#42 Defensis Prime

Defensis Prime

Multiversal Singularity-haters = puppykickers who belong on Junk

• Citizen
  • 1780 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 25 May 2016 - 07:07 PM

Ah, I got it now.

My 52431 Hoist and Lugnut both have original part loadouts and hybrid arms. No hue differences between these and originals that I could spot.

(...I could probably stand to have some better light, though...)

-- L A S E R AUTOBOT LEADER DEFENSIS PRIME : Psychotic Completist®
"...Transformers should have retina-searing colorschemes--your eyes bleed after one glance..."

#43 Locoman

Locoman

meow

• Citizen
  • 1524 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 30 May 2016 - 04:43 PM

........is there any chance you might be able to find the Kreon Warrior blindbags? They never showed up Stateside. I still need like seven of those to complete the set.

If I could piggyback on this, that is something I'd be interested in as well.  I don't have any of the Warrior blindbags.   :(

MIKE
engledogg

I was at Wal-Mart today but I didn't see any blindbags there. Sorry, guys.

#44 Agent X

Agent X

These Ponies are holding on my heart like a handgrenade.

• Citizen
  • 2323 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 30 May 2016 - 06:50 PM

All this Kre-O talk makes me lament the discontinuation of Schyling's Lego minifigure cases. I still have a good deal of micro changers and the AOE combiners to include.

On that note, I am missing the Ratchet from the AOE Dino hauler set in the AOE 'section' (top row, blue case). Had to settle for the 'custom kreon'.

Attached Thumbnails

• 20160530_184803.jpg
  • 20160530_184803.jpg

Edited by Agent X, 30 May 2016 - 06:56 PM.

"Some people collect other characters like Jazz or Hot Shot and its encouraged, but I stockpile Cybertron Crosswises and that makes ME the strange one."

#45 M Sipher

M Sipher

• Citizen
  • 11482 posts

Posted 31 May 2016 - 12:20 AM

Your local stores may vary, but Five Below carries/carried these clear-plastic separator bins that are PERFECT for Kreons, Lego Minifigures, and the like. 13 compartments that can hold like 3 or 4 minis each (depending on accessories), and one large 2-tall tray.

And they cost a whopping $3.

tumblr_ne4g29prG71qmnujko1_1280.jpg

Again, these haven't been shipping new in a long time, but some stores may still have them.

M "I Gotta Wander Out To The One I Know Still Has Some... Get A Few More" Sipher

Edited by M Sipher, 31 May 2016 - 12:21 AM.

"I don't know whether it's a new thing, but it's certainly a current thing, in that it doesn't seem to matter what facts are. It used to be, everyone was entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts."
- Stephen Colbert

#46 Robowang

Robowang

Nard Extractor

• Supporter
  • 2932 posts
  • Faction::Vehicon

Posted 31 May 2016 - 11:59 AM

Your local stores may vary, but Five Below carries/carried these clear-plastic separator bins that are PERFECT for Kreons, Lego Minifigures, and the like. 13 compartments that can hold like 3 or 4 minis each (depending on accessories), and one large 2-tall tray.

And they cost a whopping $3.

tumblr_ne4g29prG71qmnujko1_1280.jpg

Again, these haven't been shipping new in a long time, but some stores may still have them.

M "I Gotta Wander Out To The One I Know Still Has Some... Get A Few More" Sipher

I use those same ones. You can buy them at Michael's for between $3 and $4 if Five Below doesn't have them. 

Edited by Robowang, 31 May 2016 - 11:59 AM.

NEEDS: I need a TIGERHAWK MISSILE, the non-feather one! Please help me out! Lots to trade or will buy. 

My Wants List

Robowang's eBay Store - lots of TFs
My feedback

#47 Agent X

Agent X

These Ponies are holding on my heart like a handgrenade.

• Citizen
  • 2323 posts

Posted 31 May 2016 - 02:03 PM

Great for storage, but not display. Of course like hell i'd be able to fit most of my Kre-O Joes in those Lego cases because of their guns.
"Some people collect other characters like Jazz or Hot Shot and its encouraged, but I stockpile Cybertron Crosswises and that makes ME the strange one."

#48 M Sipher

M Sipher

• Citizen
  • 11482 posts

Posted 06 June 2016 - 04:43 PM

Okay, over the downtime, I went looking for Colelction 1 the next big city over, and nope. So gonna need to buy/trade for those. However, I bear odd news of Collection 4!

Apparently the UPC/stamp-codes for the new-body Kreons is also used by series 4 (which are still dated 2013 in the legal info), which I found at Dollar General then at several Walgreens stores. The bodies are the old style but have some deco changes.

Cyclonus is back to lavender, but with painted-purple cuffs, making him match the stock imagery/instructions, rather than the lavender cuffs of that once-rareish variant. Slipstrike also has brighter lavender accents on her torso than the original.

I'm now left wondering what other changes may or have not been made to Collection 4 in the changeover, and am quite possibly stupid enough to try and bag-feel them all to check. Iceberg's stock images seem to make some of his chest tampos dark red rather than the final gray, so perhaps that's one change I'll find. At the very least, this assortment has a good number of interesting parts in interesting colors, good for my spares for digibashing.

Also, I'm wondering if there's a no-individual-stamp-codes version of Collection 3 somewhere.

The rabbit hole just gets deeper...

M "Also Does Anyone Want This Spare Purple-Cuff Cyclonus?" Sipher

Edited by M Sipher, 06 June 2016 - 04:44 PM.

- Stephen Colbert

#49 Cradok

Cradok
  • Citizen
  • 123 posts

Posted 07 June 2016 - 06:28 AM

Are any of these waves the one that had Jetwash in it? If so, any comparison shots?

#50 D Immortalis

D Immortalis

King of Betrayal and Lust, Lord of Nothing but Dust

• Citizen
  • 3058 posts

Posted 07 June 2016 - 04:07 PM

ill take that cyclonus,...

also, any chance someone can pick me up one or 2 of the Microchangers combiners 3 pack? I checked both dollar generals and they had everything but that and the wave 2 and 4 stuff.

Daemon Immortalis:What would you live for, what would you lie for? What would you kill for, what would you die for?

Name something in life you might think twice to die for
No matter if it's right you take a knife and say goodbye for
Out the lights and say goodnight like nothing's left to try for
Out of mind and out of sight decide to close your eyes for

#51 M Sipher

M Sipher

• Citizen
  • 11482 posts

Posted 07 June 2016 - 05:58 PM

Are any of these waves the one that had Jetwash in it? If so, any comparison shots?

Nope, Jetwash was from the first series of AOE Micro-Changers, which was (at least in the US) TRU-only at first. These showed up later at Five Below, but were still the old initial run with the bag-codes.

M "Part Of Me Kinda WANTS All Seven Waves To Get 2015-Body Releases, Because, Well, I'm Clearly A Mark For This Kind Of Crap" Sipher

- Stephen Colbert

#52 Donocropolis

Donocropolis

Broom broom!

• Citizen
  • 2868 posts

Posted 08 June 2016 - 06:05 AM

Yeah, I have to say, I just received the "Class of 1985" set the other day, and I'm amazed at the quality difference between these and the earlier bodies.  It's a shame that so many transformers lines always seem to end right around the time the designers are really getting into their groove.

#53 M Sipher

M Sipher

• Citizen
  • 11482 posts

Posted 19 June 2016 - 03:15 PM

Minor update. No news on new releases we don't know about, but something I discovered about the 2015-mold guys...

These new tampographs are a LOT tougher. I've been using Sculpey to loosen the tampographs on old extras to make some "blanks" of various colors for custom imagery. It's a nice trick: press a bit to the tampo, leave for a few hours, come back, peel, and the paint, if it doesn't come off with the Sculpey, is loosened and can be removed with a tissue and a bit of vigorous rubbing. (Goo Gone on a q-tip also helps but may also remove a bit of plastic sheen.)

I tried this on a spare-spare Rampage head, and that tampo ain't budging, and it was left in the Sculpey overnight. Not even any paint on the Sculpey when pulled away. Hm.

M "Also Wow They Changed Blast Off's Brown To A Color I've Not Seen In Kre-O Before And I Don't Get It" Sipher

- Stephen Colbert

#54 Defensis Prime

Defensis Prime

Multiversal Singularity-haters = puppykickers who belong on Junk

• Citizen
  • 1780 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 09 February 2017 - 12:52 AM

Resurrection:

image.jpg

Shawn has comparison pics, and I imagine he'll post 'em here at some point.
-- L A S E R AUTOBOT LEADER DEFENSIS PRIME : Psychotic Completist®
"...Transformers should have retina-searing colorschemes--your eyes bleed after one glance..."

#55 M Sipher

M Sipher

• Citizen
  • 11482 posts

Posted 09 February 2017 - 12:56 AM

I was simultaneously longing for and dreading this.

M "Luckily There's A Metric Assload Of Walgreens Around Here" Sipher

- Stephen Colbert

#56 M Sipher

M Sipher

• Citizen
  • 11482 posts

Posted 09 February 2017 - 07:58 PM

Checked a half-dozen Walgreenses on the way home... no Series 3, but Series 1 in the 2015 style has popped up there as well. Huh.

M "Lotta Series 4 But Those Are Still The Old Style" Sipher

- Stephen Colbert

#57 Delta Source

Delta Source
  • Citizen
  • 63 posts

Posted 10 February 2017 - 08:09 PM

Here are (crappy) pics...first is a date code, plus Guzzle's new name.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_1239.JPG

Edited by Delta Source, 11 February 2017 - 11:26 PM.

#58 Delta Source

Delta Source
  • Citizen
  • 63 posts

Posted 10 February 2017 - 08:15 PM

Nothing notable on Cheetor's front, but his back now has spots

Thrust's chest details are now silvery instead of grey, and his leg tampos are shorter.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_1241.JPG
  • IMG_1243.JPG

#59 Delta Source

Delta Source
  • Citizen
  • 63 posts

Posted 10 February 2017 - 08:18 PM

Long Haul's chest and leg details are quite altered, and his cab brick now has no window.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_1244.JPG

#60 Delta Source

Delta Source
  • Citizen
  • 63 posts

Posted 10 February 2017 - 08:20 PM

Beachcomber's changes are fairly obvious.  The new blue is a bit lighter.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_1245.JPG

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users