Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Telly : (27 February 2017 - 01:10 AM)

i didnt. not until '83 anyway :thumbsup

@  TM2-Megatron : (27 February 2017 - 01:00 AM)

Yeah, that was a hard one to take. So many nerds from '77 on must've grown up having a crush on her

@  ShadowMan024 : (27 February 2017 - 12:34 AM)

I mean, I knew it was coming, but just hearing Carrie say "May the Force be with you" hurt :(

@  ShadowMan024 : (27 February 2017 - 12:32 AM)

They always save the saddest deaths for last in the "in memoriam" sequence.

@  TM2-Megatron : (27 February 2017 - 12:30 AM)

I am glad they made the right choice with Best Animated, even if it was a tough call this year.

@  TM2-Megatron : (27 February 2017 - 12:28 AM)

I remember him from the old days on Breaker High airing on YTV

@  TM2-Megatron : (27 February 2017 - 12:28 AM)

Also, Ryan Gosling. Ugh, go #### yourself Ryan Gosling, with your perfect bone structure

@  NotVeryKnightly : (27 February 2017 - 12:26 AM)

Since there's way more nominees than winners in every category that's not exactly unusual.

@  ShadowMan024 : (27 February 2017 - 12:25 AM)

Even then, I think it lost more nominations than it won.

@  ShadowMan024 : (27 February 2017 - 12:24 AM)

I think the reason La La Land won so many awards is because it was basically Hollywood stroking its own ego

@  TM2-Megatron : (27 February 2017 - 12:20 AM)

Kinda glad. I like Emma Stone, but for whatever reason I can't stand that movie. I'm surprised it didn't win though, as it was typical Oscar bait

@  ShadowMan024 : (27 February 2017 - 12:19 AM)

This is just goddamn surreal.

@  ShadowMan024 : (27 February 2017 - 12:19 AM)

Holy shit. It had the second-most nominations of any movie, and La La Land just lost Best Picture.

@  ShadowMan024 : (27 February 2017 - 12:11 AM)

"Look where I've been, I make everything happen! Look at that mean Mini Maui just tikkity tappin'! Ha ha ha ha HA HA HA HEY!"

@  ShadowMan024 : (27 February 2017 - 12:10 AM)

Yeah, same. "You're Welcome" is honestly the best song in the movie.

@  TM2-Megatron : (27 February 2017 - 12:06 AM)

I liked the Moana song, though personally I enjoyed You're Welcome a little bit more because of the humor.

@  ShadowMan024 : (27 February 2017 - 12:04 AM)

Ah, well. As much as him not getting an Oscar hurts, Lin-Manuel has a shitload of awards already, so missing out on one isn't too bad. The guy managed to hit the jackpot with the Tonys for Hamilton and win a Grammy for it and get an Emmy... Somewhere. Don't know where he got the Emmy.

@  ShadowMan024 : (27 February 2017 - 12:02 AM)

@NVK: I realize that, but I still don't like that a terrible Zak Snyder film managed to even get an award.

@  ShadowMan024 : (27 February 2017 - 12:00 AM)

Look, I can understand The Force Awakens not getting a single award. Hell, I can even understand why Transformers lost to The Golden Compass.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (27 February 2017 - 12:00 AM)

But Moana and Suicide Squad weren't nominated for the same things.

@  ShadowMan024 : (26 February 2017 - 11:47 PM)

We officially live in a world where a film involving Zak Snyder is apparently more deserving of an award than Lin-Manuel Miranda.

@  TM2-Megatron : (26 February 2017 - 10:58 PM)

I was pretty shocked Star Trek Beyond lost out in Best Makeup to Suicide Squad. Killer Croc looked good, but Trek had a lot of good alien makeup

@  Maruten : (26 February 2017 - 10:36 PM)

I was surprised to see that everyone's so into La La Land. On paper it seems right up my alley, but I thought it was pretty... meh.

@  ▲ndrusi : (26 February 2017 - 09:38 PM)

I read that as EPCOT status

@  ShadowMan024 : (26 February 2017 - 09:26 PM)

I have a sinking feeling La La Land is going to win Best Song and keep Lin-Manuel Miranda from achieving EGOT status.

@  Echowarrior : (26 February 2017 - 07:12 PM)

Our Hydra is better than Marvel's Hydra. Just saying.

@  ShadowMan024 : (26 February 2017 - 07:05 PM)

ALL HAIL THE MAGIC CONCH!

@  TriBlurr : (26 February 2017 - 07:03 PM)

Hail Hydra!

@  ShadowMan024 : (26 February 2017 - 06:22 PM)

Don't we still have Hydra?

@  Verno : (26 February 2017 - 06:10 PM)

There was always the chance we had some Japanese members on the board.

@  Confuzor : (26 February 2017 - 06:01 PM)

I got my MP Primal pretty quickly, but I haven't sent the payment confirmation on my Cheetor yet

@  Paladin : (26 February 2017 - 05:32 PM)

he's been out what, 3 days? Most shipping methods aren't THAT fast...

@  Verno : (26 February 2017 - 04:52 PM)

Does anyone have MP Cheetor in hand yet?

@  Confuzor : (26 February 2017 - 03:11 PM)

Y'all need more Rocko's Modern Life

@  Noideaforaname : (26 February 2017 - 11:04 AM)

I remember watching Doug all the time as a kid, but I watch it now and I don't at all see the appeal. *shrug* On the plus side, it added the word "nematode" to my vocabulary.

@  Paladin : (26 February 2017 - 10:47 AM)

https://twitter.com/CBR/status/835877002192306176 ...game over, man. :(

@  unluckiness : (26 February 2017 - 09:25 AM)

better than the current ones at least

@  Rycochet : (26 February 2017 - 09:08 AM)

90s Nicktoons were awful.

@  LBD "Nyt... : (26 February 2017 - 08:16 AM)

Yeah, I'd get really pumped to watch it and the other Nicktoons.

@  lastmaximal : (26 February 2017 - 08:04 AM)

You digdug?

@  LBD "Nyt... : (26 February 2017 - 07:40 AM)

Hate watching stuff like that.

@  LBD "Nyt... : (26 February 2017 - 07:40 AM)

Also, I digged Doug. Mostly for the ancillary characters, though. Doug himself is one of those characters who gets into situations that make YOU feel embarrassd. Like Fred Savage on The Wonder Years.

@  LBD "Nyt... : (26 February 2017 - 07:39 AM)

@PlutoniumBoss *Pinwheel fistbump*

@  LBD "Nyt... : (26 February 2017 - 07:38 AM)

I remember Today's Special. The Toronto part was something of a revelation from my wife and her family when I came here.

@  ShadowMan024 : (26 February 2017 - 02:34 AM)

In hindsight, I'm pretty sure Miss Frizzle was a Time Lord.

@  ShadowMan024 : (26 February 2017 - 02:34 AM)

I got into science because of Magic School Bus.

@  TM2-Megatron : (25 February 2017 - 11:25 PM)

Anyone else remember Puttnam's Prairie Emporium? Not sure if it aired outside Canada

@  TM2-Megatron : (25 February 2017 - 11:21 PM)

Today's Special was a favourite of mine. Some of it was actually filmed at a department store here in Toronto

@  PlutoniumBoss : (25 February 2017 - 10:34 PM)

Eureka! and Start Here were awesome too.

@  The Doctor Who : (25 February 2017 - 09:59 PM)

I remember watching Newton's Apple on PBS. That's where I learned about thermal insulation layers and why things change temperature faster when you blow on them.

Photo
- - - - -

"Dollar store" Kreon Micro-Changers: new bodies & tampographs!

73 replies to this topic

#1 M Sipher

M Sipher

Won't you come with me to Music Jail?

• Citizen
  • 11465 posts

Posted 19 May 2016 - 05:15 PM

Okay so I got a batch of blindbagged Micro-Changers off ebay cheap, intending to use them for spare parts. But now I can't.

Because apparently they were from the dollar-store re-release of wave 1, without the ID numbers for individual Kreons, and they are VERY different from the originals.

2015 kreon comp.jpg

First of all, they use the 2015 style Kreon bodies, in which damn near every piece has been retooled. They have the hollow waist-peg with the inner-peg in the torso, the raised-ridge hands, the slightly-different balljoint sizes, etc.

And the tampographs have changed. Many of them are more complex than the originals, adding more lines to the faces and reworking the chest details, sometimes with new colors. Plus they've all now got new tampographs on their legs.

And finally, they all come with the 3x4 "KRE-O" stand plate rather than the old 2x4 brick.

While this kicks my general plan of using them for spare parts in the teeth (the different balljoint tolerances and waist connectors make a lotta parts incompatible), this is... an unexpected change. I only have Collection 1, but now I think I need to see what changes got made to 2 through 4.

M "Admittedly Series 4 Probably Didn't Get New Tampos, Those Were Fairly Complex" Sipher

Edited by M Sipher, 19 May 2016 - 05:24 PM.

The ISLE OF RANGOON - Advantures in Learning and Sarcasm!
Holy crap Sipher has a Tumblr apparently!
http://www.tfwiki.net - We left Wikia before it was cool to do so!

"I don't know whether it's a new thing, but it's certainly a current thing, in that it doesn't seem to matter what facts are. It used to be, everyone was entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts."
- Stephen Colbert

#2 M Sipher

M Sipher

• Citizen
  • 11465 posts

Posted 19 May 2016 - 05:29 PM

Oh, I need to point out that it looks like this ONLY applies to the Micro-Changer blindbags. The handful of boxed sets I've gotten from these stores all use the old style of Kreon, even the Micro-Changer Combiner set.

M "Which Is WEIRD Given The Changes Made To Some Of The Kreons In That One" Sipher

"I don't know whether it's a new thing, but it's certainly a current thing, in that it doesn't seem to matter what facts are. It used to be, everyone was entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts."
- Stephen Colbert

#3 Robowang

Robowang

Nard Extractor

• Supporter
  • 2825 posts
  • Faction::Vehicon

Posted 19 May 2016 - 07:21 PM

Weird stuff. I'm kinda glad I'm selling off my collection. I'd probably want to nab these.

#4 M Sipher

M Sipher

• Citizen
  • 11465 posts

Posted 19 May 2016 - 08:32 PM

I'm still looking for old-style Kreons for parts.

M "Which Admittedly Means 'Buy On The Cheap' But..." Sipher

- Stephen Colbert

#5 lastmaximal

lastmaximal

Cyber Key Power...linx!

• Citizen
  • 11712 posts
  • Faction::Minicon

Posted 19 May 2016 - 11:53 PM

Man, the new tampos are kinda nice.

This is all kinds of weird though. 

SO OKAY IT'S AVERAGE
Virtually every custom as good as the title suggests!
SoOkayItsAverage.2.gif

#6 M Sipher

M Sipher

• Citizen
  • 11465 posts

Posted 20 May 2016 - 03:06 AM

Okay, I've conformed that Collection 2 is similarly changed. New Kreon bodies.

The two I got, Powerglide and Scourge, are not as extensively changed in the tampo area, since they already had more complex decos and leg-tampos, but there ARE changes. The flat light gray paint is now shiny silver. The faction symbols are in color and white-outlined. PG has a little more black outlining on his torso. Also for some reason his head is silver plastic rather than light gray.

There's also a sliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight change to the plastic hues in some cases. The light gays are now a bit more on the blue side of gray.

M "All In All... Yeah, This Is Weird, But The Variant Archivist In Me Is Delighted" Sipher

- Stephen Colbert

#7 Donocropolis

Donocropolis

Broom broom!

• Citizen
  • 2858 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 20 May 2016 - 06:02 AM

Interesting!  I love me some Kreons, and I might be tempted to replace old ones with better ones if they are better enough.  Any chance of a side-by-side for the ones you've picked up?

#8 Robowang

Robowang

Nard Extractor

• Supporter
  • 2825 posts
  • Faction::Vehicon

Posted 20 May 2016 - 09:42 AM

I had no idea they were re-releasing the first four waves. I thought they just re-did one of them. That's really weird. 

Siph, I was gonna unload them for $5 a piece. Dunno if that's cheap or not, but I have pics if you're interested. 

#9 Defensis Prime

Defensis Prime

Multiversal Singularity-haters = puppykickers who belong on Junk

• Citizen
  • 1780 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 20 May 2016 - 12:19 PM

ah hellballz

-- L A S E R AUTOBOT LEADER DEFENSIS PRIME : Psychotic Completist®
"...Transformers should have retina-searing colorschemes--your eyes bleed after one glance..."

#10 M Sipher

M Sipher

• Citizen
  • 11465 posts

Posted 20 May 2016 - 12:32 PM

Interesting!  I love me some Kreons, and I might be tempted to replace old ones with better ones if they are better enough.  Any chance of a side-by-side for the ones you've picked up?

I put a couple quick pics up on Twitter but for some reason getting pics from twitter onto here is... unpleasant.

I'll take nicer pics when I get home from work, which should hopefully include some series 3 bots.

And it looks like the Walgreens series 4 Kreons without individual codes are NOT part of this remaking. The sample fig I got last night is the same old-style Kreon as before.

M "Which Is Simultaneously A Disappointment And A Relief" Sipher

- Stephen Colbert

#11 M Sipher

M Sipher

• Citizen
  • 11465 posts

Posted 20 May 2016 - 06:34 PM

Still lots of places to check, but I've got a good representative sample of Collection 2 now.

The deco changes are nowhere as extensive as they are for Collection 1. The faces have no extra lines. Some have a little more or a little less black outlining. A few have slight color changes beyond the gray-to-silver, but nothing I'd call major. All factions symbols are in their proper colors now, and usually (but not always) with a white outline.

Not every piece has gone through the same tone-shift in colors, so part that are SUPPOSED to be the same color in the same set can be a bit off from each other.

Lugnut has those new clip-on turbines from the AOE era sets rather than the rounded warhead-like clip-on things.

Pics coming in a bit.

M "Also If I Get One More Scourge By Mistake I'll... Well, Deal With It I Suppose" Sipher

- Stephen Colbert

#12 ShadowMan024

ShadowMan024

The Twentiest... Whatever that means.

• Citizen
  • 20391 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 20 May 2016 - 06:36 PM

The light gays are now a bit more on the blue side of gray.

Y'know, there's a Tracks joke in there somewhere...

Edited by ShadowMan024, 20 May 2016 - 06:44 PM.

Transformers is a brand that really has something for everyone. We are a darn lucky fandom.

There are days when the wind doesn't feel like wind so much as it's a swarm of invisible wraiths shrieking and tearing and clawing at everything.

#13 Broadside

Broadside

pchoo! pchoo!

• Citizen
  • 6177 posts

Posted 20 May 2016 - 06:54 PM

I liked the story of the Light Gays warring against the Dark Straights. Pity it got retconned in favout of the Gaymus vs Heterocron narrative.

NBgKWg5.png

#14 ShadowMan024

ShadowMan024

The Twentiest... Whatever that means.

• Citizen
  • 20391 posts

Posted 20 May 2016 - 07:03 PM

Homobots wage their battle to destroy the evil forces of the Heteronormativicons.

Transformers is a brand that really has something for everyone. We are a darn lucky fandom.

There are days when the wind doesn't feel like wind so much as it's a swarm of invisible wraiths shrieking and tearing and clawing at everything.

#15 M Sipher

M Sipher

• Citizen
  • 11465 posts

Posted 20 May 2016 - 07:21 PM

Col1-Auto2015comp.jpg

Col2-Auto2015comp.jpg

Col2-Dec2015comp.jpg

M "Just Showing The Essentials" Sipher

- Stephen Colbert

#16 Donocropolis

Donocropolis

Broom broom!

• Citizen
  • 2858 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 20 May 2016 - 09:34 PM

Thank you!

Some definitely are improvements in there.  What stores are you finding these in?

#17 M Sipher

M Sipher

• Citizen
  • 11465 posts

Posted 20 May 2016 - 09:54 PM

.... oh dang. I somehow skipped that part. Dollar General and Family Dollar.

Also, the one Series 4 bag I found at Family Dollar was an old style. I didn't open it, I found the 2x4 stand brick through the bag.

M "Will Try Other Places, Not Found Series 3 Yet But Saw Em In The Past" Sipher

- Stephen Colbert

#18 NightViper

NightViper

Ehhhhh...

• Retired Staff
  • 38325 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 20 May 2016 - 09:59 PM

Wow. There are some significant improvements there!

#19 Defensis Prime

Defensis Prime

Multiversal Singularity-haters = puppykickers who belong on Junk

• Citizen
  • 1780 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 21 May 2016 - 09:50 PM

Havin' a time of it, seeing Perceptor's difference... /shrug

Spent some time around the immediate area and wound up with two complete sets of Collection 2 plus extras (because the unmolested display was my SECOND stop, aargh) and a need to play FEEL THE PARTS with Collection 1 because that's just the way my luck runs.

If anyone winds up in a buy/sell/trading mood, I need 1 Insecticon, 2 Dirge, and 2 Airachnid from Collection 1. I've got 1 Blight, 1 Vehicon, 1 Lugnut and 2 Hoist from Collection 2 to use for exchange or eventual sale.

(I really, really miss the codes...I hate feeling up the bags...)
-- L A S E R AUTOBOT LEADER DEFENSIS PRIME : Psychotic Completist®
"...Transformers should have retina-searing colorschemes--your eyes bleed after one glance..."

#20 M Sipher

M Sipher

• Citizen
  • 11465 posts

Posted 22 May 2016 - 04:10 AM

Havin' a time of it, seeing Perceptor's difference... /shrug

Well, there's the default "flat gray paint is now silver". His tummy-mirror also now lacks the black outline for reasons unknown. And his toes are black rather than light blue.

M "No Free Time To Check Today, So Some Sunday Runnin' Around" Sipher

- Stephen Colbert

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users