Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Paladin : (05 June 2020 - 05:15 PM)

remember when Energon had to switch animation styles because their CGI models were completely incapable of expressing emotions ?

@  Thundercrack... : (05 June 2020 - 04:42 PM)

And what was done to Demolisher to a lesser extent.

@  Thundercrack... : (05 June 2020 - 04:34 PM)

Energon's biggest problem is what it did to Starscream.

@  TheMightyMol... : (05 June 2020 - 04:00 PM)

I mean, they took all of that and the series is still dull enough to use as a sleep aid, so....

@  wonko the sane? : (05 June 2020 - 02:46 PM)

It's a food source, a weapon and so unstable that looking at it funny makes it explode. If energon is boring, blame the writers not the element.

@  TheMightyMol... : (05 June 2020 - 02:17 PM)

Energon's big problem is that it's boring.

@  Maximus Ambus : (05 June 2020 - 01:48 PM)

Double post ignore.

@  Maximus Ambus : (05 June 2020 - 01:44 PM)

Energon was the worst of the lot.

@  Bass X0 : (05 June 2020 - 05:39 AM)

"I know I can't catch you.... but I can... trap you...!"

@  Maximus Ambus : (04 June 2020 - 11:51 PM)

They dubbed reaction shots and running scenes in the first two UT shows with "huh?" and grunts. very annoying.

@  Sabrblade : (04 June 2020 - 06:10 PM)

Watch it in Japanese with English subs. Karyuudo did all that work for us so that we could. ;)

@  wonko the sane? : (04 June 2020 - 06:08 PM)

I tried... but it just wasn't that good. The comics were better.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (04 June 2020 - 04:07 PM)

I didn't even watch Armada when it originally aired.

@  -LittleAutob... : (04 June 2020 - 01:52 PM)

Anyone watch Armada anymore ._.

@  JRSBill : (03 June 2020 - 01:06 PM)

bain

@  Maximus Ambus : (03 June 2020 - 04:14 AM)

UBI is coming.

@  -LittleAutob... : (02 June 2020 - 09:30 PM)

I can just HEAR his screechy G1 voice saying that....

@  -LittleAutob... : (02 June 2020 - 09:30 PM)

*Dies laughing* XDDDDDD

@  TheMightyMol... : (02 June 2020 - 07:01 PM)

Megatron's coupon has failed! Now I, Starscream, shall speak to your manager!

@  -LittleAutob... : (02 June 2020 - 06:39 PM)

(i just want to make jokes excuse my doing)

@  -LittleAutob... : (02 June 2020 - 06:38 PM)

ITS STARSCREAM.... AND HIS CLONES

@  Steevy Maximus : (02 June 2020 - 06:31 PM)

And there was no one there when I started!

@  Steevy Maximus : (02 June 2020 - 06:31 PM)

I swear, I'm in line to use a coupon, there is something wrong with said coupon, and suddenly I'm holding up a line of 3 or 4 people

@  -LittleAutob... : (01 June 2020 - 12:15 PM)

Ha! Talk about getting away with something!

@  Maximus Ambus : (01 June 2020 - 09:08 AM)

Carnivac was still an evil Decepticon at heart, and no one shot him in the back for it.

@  -LittleAutob... : (30 May 2020 - 06:52 PM)

*stares at the light switch* .... I see what you did there

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (30 May 2020 - 01:40 PM)

*hands llittleautobot1218 a light switch* There you go.

@  -LittleAutob... : (30 May 2020 - 10:53 AM)

I feel a need to lighten up the mood.... ;)

@  -LittleAutob... : (30 May 2020 - 10:38 AM)

:p

@  Maximus Ambus : (30 May 2020 - 02:14 AM)

Shockwave did it.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (30 May 2020 - 12:21 AM)

I'm not in the US and at least some of the episodes seem to work for me. I don't know the actual list of places it's available, though.

@  Shockwave 75 : (29 May 2020 - 10:37 PM)

Unfortunately It seems Cyberverse is only available in the US on YouTube.

@  -LittleAutob... : (29 May 2020 - 09:19 AM)

Yes, and its ongoing.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (29 May 2020 - 01:05 AM)

Cyberverse is already officially uploaded to YouTube.

@  fourteenwings : (29 May 2020 - 12:36 AM)

Spin Master is abridging current episodes of Bakugan Armored Alliance and posting the result on YouTube. Maybe Hasbro does that someday too.

@  -LittleAutob... : (28 May 2020 - 10:59 PM)

I see... :/

@  wonko the sane? : (28 May 2020 - 08:14 PM)

Within the US anyway. Those channels aren't easy or cheap to access in other countries, and their website often region lock content. Tubi is the only good thing on that list: largely identical (but not perfectly so. Damnit. I wanna watch COPS.) country to country and free.

@  Steevy Maximus : (28 May 2020 - 07:24 PM)

So yeah, Hasbro is using plenty of venues to spread exposure of their brands

@  Steevy Maximus : (28 May 2020 - 07:23 PM)

Starz currently licenses Transformers G1 and the GI Joe movie (as well as MLP specials). Netflix has more current series available.

@  Nevermore : (28 May 2020 - 07:21 PM)

Study shows: Holders of the title "world's oldest person" have a severely increased risk of dying.

@  Steevy Maximus : (28 May 2020 - 07:18 PM)

Tubi TV and Youtube both host various Hasbro cartoons. Both are freely accessed and ad supported. Any basic TV package (barring straight antenna) includes channels like USA Network, SyFy and FX, all of which regularly air the films from Transformers and GI Joe.

@  wonko the sane? : (28 May 2020 - 06:18 PM)

I dunno what to tell you, media might be changing slowly, but at least it's still accessible. Even the folks that DON'T get one of the streaming services can watch it on the company website. It's a vehicle for the toy line after all, they need to make an effort to make it as consumable as possible.

@  -LittleAutob... : (28 May 2020 - 05:41 PM)

Well. Thats said, then.... I guess... :doh

@  wonko the sane? : (28 May 2020 - 04:13 PM)

As long as the the cartoons are profitable, then they'll make more. The media it's shown on is completely irrelevant. I say that as a guy whose earliest surviving memory is a big red truck turning into a big red robot.

@  ZakuConvoy : (28 May 2020 - 03:06 PM)

Might be the end of an era. With the rise of streaming, who knows if Transformers will ever be on broadcast TV again.

@  -LittleAutob... : (28 May 2020 - 11:46 AM)

3 seasons on a show is usually enough... but yeah ;-;

@  Roddie Luver : (27 May 2020 - 09:37 PM)

I’m also sad Cyberverse has no season four.

@  Paladin : (26 May 2020 - 08:10 PM)

it's too hugging hot today.

@  -LittleAutob... : (25 May 2020 - 03:39 PM)

I'll agree with you on that.

@  -LittleAutob... : (25 May 2020 - 03:39 PM)

*Figured -_-

Photo
* * - - - 1 votes

CW Machinima - Final episode, page 96

2228 replies to this topic

#1461 Walky

Walky

King Kong Aventure Fudge

• Citizen
  • 40686 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 30 August 2016 - 08:01 PM

sqmvqo.png

I wonder what Devron is whispering to Cyclonus. It looks mildly upsetting.

"In a year, Trypticon is going to hurt Tailgate."

#1462 Fenix Twilight

Fenix Twilight
  • Citizen
  • 5252 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 30 August 2016 - 08:04 PM

Why are they sneaking around? there only seems to be the 6 Transformers on Cybertron, and they're immediately spotted. (sigh) BW had twice the cast, Energon had armies of Terrorcons and Cybertron/GF had a nice size cast.

I'm actually trying to come up with reasons why it's so deserted, is this the world that Megatron took over before BM? Or is it just some desolated universe where they wiped out their race during the war, maybe everyone left on various ships to explore space.

I've wondered since she first appeared in the comics, what does the Mistress of Flame turn into? A pile of spikes? It looks like she's wearing the Iron Throne on her back.

Windblade is coming to kill them all says the Mistress of Flame, this feels actually insulting to Windblade who fans choose to have a Valiant personality.

Windblade is hearing voices, well I suppose that's gotta be Metroplex or Fortress (anything feels possible in this).

Oh hey Devastator that makes 12 Transformers on Cybertron, I guess the people that made this haven't gotten over the '86 movie or they know their audience, I really hope Rodimus doesn't die from that but I won't be at all surprised if in the next episode Optimus tries to save him but gets to him too late and Rodimus gives a "You were right all along" death speech.

And I'm guessing that stop-motion advertisement spoiled the next episode.

#1463 Jet

Jet

Super-unvincible

• Citizen
  • 24927 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 30 August 2016 - 08:09 PM

Windblade is coming to kill them all says the Mistress of Flame, this feels actually insulting to Windblade who fans choose to have a Valiant personality.

Wow, you just managed to make Murderblade worse.

D&D has to report to shareholders. Pathfinder only has to impress its neckbeards.

#1464 Telly

Telly

Kelp of discontent

• Retired Staff
  • 8580 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 30 August 2016 - 09:04 PM

I'm actually trying to come up with reasons why it's so deserted, is this the world that Megatron took over before BM? Or is it just some desolated universe where they wiped out their race during the war, maybe everyone left on various ships to explore space.

its VERY early in the morning during the scenes on cybertron. everyone is on their recharge slabs

When I die I will surely go to Heaven for i spent my life in Hell

#1465 NOIP

NOIP

A knockdown, dragout, rock and roll party in the streets.

• Citizen
  • 2306 posts

Posted 30 August 2016 - 09:14 PM

I kind of want the writers to justify the lack of everybody else on Cybertron as "Combiners done killed everyone and the ones that didn't got turned into more permanently combined Combiners.  Long story short, Windblade killed everyone ever."

Actually, considering this series' premise of permanently-combined-into-a-single-being-Combiners-as-a-new-race, it would have been a much more interesting story if Windblade were trying to figure out how to de-combine everyone instead of just outright kill them all.

That is exactly what she's doing.  Helping them de-combine...with a sword.

While you live, shine/ Have no grief at all/ Life exists only for a short while/ And time demands an end. Seikilos Epitaph

#1466 LV!

LV!

A tendency to speak in jest

• Citizen
  • 18297 posts

Posted 30 August 2016 - 09:30 PM

Wellllllll...

559027.jpg

#1467 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 30115 posts

Posted 30 August 2016 - 09:38 PM

When the dust finally settled at the Great War's conclusion, the few survivors who lived to tell the tale realized a horrible truth!

Spoiler

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#1468 Blot

Blot

Grumble grumble complain grouse.

• Citizen
  • 8665 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 30 August 2016 - 10:14 PM

sqmvqo.png

I wonder what Devron is whispering to Cyclonus. It looks mildly upsetting.

"In a year, Trypticon is going to hurt Tailgate."

"Tryptiwho and Tailwhat?"

Edited by Blot, 30 August 2016 - 10:14 PM.

#1469 LordGigaIce

LordGigaIce

See if you can take the power of justice!

• Retired Staff
  • 2368 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 31 August 2016 - 12:33 AM

I'm going to assume she shows up at the end of the next episode (which will be a five minute Devastator fight with Windblade, surely) to take out Devastator in one sword swipe to prove how awesome she is, everyone.

She doesn't afraid of anything.

B3v0h0W.png

#1470 Magnusblitz

Magnusblitz
  • Citizen
  • 4083 posts

Posted 31 August 2016 - 01:29 AM

Megatron is the Raul Julia of this series.  He's the only one who seems to be aware that he's featuring in a train wreck and has just decided to have some fun and enjoy the ham.

Yeah, I'm continuing to really love this Megatron. He's the only thing that really makes it watchable. All that silly jumping around... "we could just walk in..."

I do find it interesting that this Starscream does actually seem to be good-intentioned now, rather than it just being a scheme. Shades of flashbacking Starscream from "Fire in the Sky" there.

The Mistress of Flame is really disappointing, all-around. Bad dialogue, bad design, bad sound, bad voice acting (why did they make her sound like she's talking through a can?)

#1471 Maximus Ambus

Maximus Ambus
  • Citizen
  • 6441 posts

Posted 31 August 2016 - 03:54 AM

It's weird watching Starscream in Fire in the Sky then all the other episodes but that said it's not unknown for Transformers to do this, we never saw Beast Wars Rampage return to anything like his self in 'Transmutate', not even when he and Silverbolt fought in 'Crossing the Rubicon'.

14424580661_11292a86a0_n.jpg

#1472 LBD "Nytetrayn"

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Quyzbuk

• Supporter
  • 18778 posts

Posted 31 August 2016 - 04:32 AM

They were beaten by Victorion who is the coolest new character and is better than everybody else. Both Megatron and Optimus want to date her. Victorion used her special sword and gravity powers and then everybody decided she was the new leader.

Well, at least one of them gets their wish, in a way. Thanks, Japan!

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gif0g9jaoG.gifuWt4fLV.gif

#1473 Zodberg

Zodberg

The doctor is in.

• Citizen
  • 15528 posts

Posted 31 August 2016 - 07:51 AM

Stop talking about who wrtes bad fanfiction and let's go back to talking about how badly this official fiction is and also hoping there will be kissing.
Woooo!

#1474 Echowarrior

Echowarrior

I write stuff...just not as much as I used to.

• Citizen
  • 10765 posts

Posted 31 August 2016 - 08:40 AM

Still waiting for Victorion to show up, but yes, it is getting a little better.

William Rendfeld
That Echowarrior guy...
Author of "Transformers: Armada (Revisited)"- Allspark Fic of the Month for December 2005. Archive here.
"In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock." - Credited to Thomas Jefferson.
"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." - Credited to Winston Churchill.

#1475 Superomegaprime

Superomegaprime
  • Citizen
  • 3935 posts

Posted 31 August 2016 - 10:38 AM

I'm kind of waiting for this actual combiner war, all we had so far of combiners fighting is Mensor V Computron and that's it, sure Devastator appeared at the end of the last ep and ripped Rodimus's arm off but we're not getting any real combiner fights, at this rate when the war starts, fans might of begun to not bother watching this and instead go off and watch Stop motion videos featuring actual combiners fighting!

36428543702_ff3b1fc457_m.jpg

#1476 Dracula

Dracula

Disc 1 Final Boss

• Retired Staff
  • 4778 posts

Posted 31 August 2016 - 11:08 AM

You're gonna be waiting a long time.

5140629382_7d653c135f.jpg

ALL OF TREASURES

#1477 Superomegaprime

Superomegaprime
  • Citizen
  • 3935 posts

Posted 31 August 2016 - 11:17 AM

You're gonna be waiting a long time.

Probably, if anything, I think this series isn't really a series at all, its just a movie that's been sliced up into 5 min segments and had the label of episodes stuck on them, much like the Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome was!

36428543702_ff3b1fc457_m.jpg

#1478 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 30115 posts

Posted 31 August 2016 - 07:51 PM

Machinima put a compiled version of episodes 1 and 2 on YouTube that U.S. viewers can watch.

Watching this compiled version of episodes 1 and 2 has now proved a few things.

First, for all the framerate complaints from before, watching this YouTube version reveals that the framerate issues aren't so much the fault of the cartoon itself, but more with the quality of the video on Go90's player, as the framerate for the animation of the robots looks a LOT better in this YouTube version. Granted, it's still very flawed in places, especially during Starscream's flying/falling back to the Council chamber in episode 2, but as bad as it is, it's not nearly as awful in this version as it was on Go90.

Second, not only does this show not work well as a mini-series of 5-minute episodes, but neither does it work when compiled together. The second episode feels like some time has passed between it and episode 1, yet watching them back-to-back here feels like almost no time has passed between the two episodes, making the Council's learning of the Menasor vs. Computron fight on Caminus, and Windblade's arrival on Cybertron, happen way too quickly. Because of this feeling of immediacy, the Council speaks of the fight as though it had happened much earlier than we saw it happen in relation to when they convene to discuss it, and Windblade seems to show up on Cybertron practically instantaneously. If there had been some sort of transitional wipe or fade to show a passage of time between the two episodes, that could have helped greatly. But as is, the flow of time (or lack thereof) comes off as being more confusing than ever.

• Jet likes this
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#1479 Destron D-69

Destron D-69

Corrected an Ancient oversight

• Supporter
  • 63065 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 31 August 2016 - 09:22 PM

how did Varis make it back to ...  XD 

wow if the pacing is that bad with only 2 parts put together... this thing is going to be a mess when its all put together 

Edited by Destron D-69, 31 August 2016 - 09:23 PM.

#1480 HellCat

HellCat

Opinionated idiot

• Citizen
  • 29096 posts

Posted 01 September 2016 - 12:23 AM

Theory- Mistress is in league with the Constructicons and the over donking was a code telling them to go into action.

It would fit with how bad the writing is.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users