Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  MEDdMI : (25 June 2019 - 07:06 AM)

I reject your canon and substitute my own

@  unluckiness : (25 June 2019 - 12:32 AM)

Answer: It doesn't matter because even if there was one, it was never relevant in S1 and it got blown up with his original body

@  PlutoniumBoss : (24 June 2019 - 10:55 PM)

Most people think Transformers canon is a series of discrete parallel lines, really it's more like a big ball of canony-wanony... stuff.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (24 June 2019 - 06:31 PM)

Hate to say this, but the simple answer is that you are thinking too hard and realistically, it does not matter.

@  TheMightyMol... : (24 June 2019 - 04:57 PM)

Don't tell me what to do.

@  Paladin : (24 June 2019 - 04:16 PM)

don't cross the streams.

@  tffan01 : (24 June 2019 - 03:03 PM)

Or is this what AVP meant when he said that condradictory streams formed the JG1 timeline?

@  tffan01 : (24 June 2019 - 02:25 PM)

I don't like that idea.

@  tffan01 : (24 June 2019 - 02:24 PM)

In Ask Vector Prime, it was mentioned that in the Beast Wars 2 universe, Convoys all have Energon Matrices and that when Optimus Primal from the Japanese Beast Wars stream was transported to the Beast Wars 2 stream, his history was subtly altered that he too possessed an Energon Matrix. What does this mean? That Beast Wars 2 is actually not canon to the Japanese Beast Wars?

@  MEDdMI : (24 June 2019 - 08:54 AM)

yeah, I've got a few others that I need to check out/get removed. The nose one is small but annoying since I hit it every time I blow my nose.

@  unluckiness : (24 June 2019 - 08:46 AM)

Try to get a histopath examination if it isn't too expensive over there. It's probably just a mole but I'd think certainty would be better.

@  MEDdMI : (24 June 2019 - 07:59 AM)

@unluckiness I know, plan to get it removed but gotta get an appt first

@  Gizmoboy : (24 June 2019 - 07:50 AM)

oops... typed that in the wrong field. :)

@  Gizmoboy : (24 June 2019 - 07:50 AM)

gizmoboy

@  unluckiness : (24 June 2019 - 03:18 AM)

That is not a good thing, especially in the long term

@  MEDdMI : (23 June 2019 - 10:17 PM)

So who wants to hear about this mole on my nose that I keep scratching open

@  NotVeryKnightly : (23 June 2019 - 09:24 PM)

Yeah, it's kind of defeating the purpose of making political discussions more restricted if you're just gonna go at it elsewhere on this site.

@  Telly : (23 June 2019 - 07:06 PM)

that would probly fit better in the p & r thread. its there for things just like this

@  Nevermore : (23 June 2019 - 03:29 PM)

The citizens resisted by buying up all the town's beer reserves so the Nazis would have to stay sober the entire time.

@  Nevermore : (23 June 2019 - 03:28 PM)

Meanwhile, congratulations civil resistance, part 2: So a group of Nazis were holding one of their Good Old Times Reenactment festivals in a small East German town.

@  Nevermore : (23 June 2019 - 03:26 PM)

It's basically like an anti-Trump candidate winning Texas.

@  Nevermore : (23 June 2019 - 03:25 PM)

The mayoral elections of Istanbul are considered to be a key indicator for the political climate in the entire country.

@  Nevermore : (23 June 2019 - 03:24 PM)

This time, it was a landslide victory for the opposition's candidate.

@  Nevermore : (23 June 2019 - 03:23 PM)

After president Erdogan had a court revoke the results of the mayoral election of Istanbul after the opposition party's candidate had won by a small margin, the election was repeated today.

@  Nevermore : (23 June 2019 - 03:21 PM)

Congratulations, democracy part 1: Today is a historic day for Turkey.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (23 June 2019 - 02:31 PM)

Convert, does he timeout?

@  unluckiness : (23 June 2019 - 09:12 AM)

Did he form the feet and legs or the arms and body?

@  Patch : (22 June 2019 - 06:11 PM)

Nah, he was one of the Lions

@  MEDdMI : (22 June 2019 - 04:45 PM)

Is he a Shellformer

@  Nevermore : (22 June 2019 - 12:38 PM)

Supposedly it's about that football player Calvin Johnson.

@  Pennpenn : (22 June 2019 - 07:03 AM)

I'm vaguely confused why there is a Nicki Minaj song in my youtube reccomendations, but even more confused as to why that song (which appears to be from an official account) is called "MEGATRON".

@  Liege : (21 June 2019 - 10:03 PM)

Alpha Q all night long.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (21 June 2019 - 10:44 AM)

Only if you ask nicely, Silv.

@  RichardT1977 : (21 June 2019 - 09:42 AM)

1998 Zilla is the Gaijin era.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (21 June 2019 - 01:59 AM)

Alpha Q?

@  PlutoniumBoss : (21 June 2019 - 01:16 AM)

Alpha Q, and U, but not U.

@  Steevy Maximus : (20 June 2019 - 08:55 PM)

KISS Players

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (20 June 2019 - 07:15 PM)

Ultra Q

@  TheMightyMol... : (20 June 2019 - 03:15 PM)

So which series is 90s American Godzilla?

@  Dekafox : (20 June 2019 - 03:12 PM)

So G1 Marvel would be Showa Transformers then

@  NotVeryKnightly : (20 June 2019 - 12:37 PM)

Yes.

@  RichardT1977 : (20 June 2019 - 12:05 PM)

Is it weeby of me to refer to the two IDW TF continuities as Heisei and Reiwa? I mean, the switchover almost perfectly lines up with the change of eras...

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (20 June 2019 - 10:35 AM)

I hate when the spicy version of something isn't spicy!

@  Pennpenn : (20 June 2019 - 08:43 AM)

I hate it when the spicy version of something is in almost identical packaging to the non-spicy version. Especially when I don't notice until I've got home.

@  TheMightyMol... : (19 June 2019 - 05:44 PM)

They make a lot of pills for that.

@  Nevermore : (19 June 2019 - 05:42 PM)

I got the results of the test back. I definitely have no sense of humor.

@  Paladin : (18 June 2019 - 05:59 PM)

so anyway how is your sex life?

@  TheMightyMol... : (18 June 2019 - 10:50 AM)

These jokes are tearing me apart.

@  unluckiness : (18 June 2019 - 08:55 AM)

Only if the customer reviews give it all high marks.

@  Patch : (18 June 2019 - 04:42 AM)

Are they going to call it "I-Did-Nawtflix?"

Photo

Standoff: Assault on Pleasant Hill AKA How Steve Rogers Got His Groove Back

Steve Rogers Bucky Barnes Sam Wilson Captain America SHIELD Pleasant Hill Guantanamo Bay Maria Hill Nick Spencer Cosmic Cube

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
12 replies to this topic

#1 Internet Jesus

Internet Jesus

And this is the way the world ends.

• Citizen
  • 22326 posts

Posted 03 March 2016 - 05:52 PM

So the first couple issues are out and it's pretty great so far. Nick Spencer finally does something awesome with Maria Hill and manages to work in all three Captain Americas for his 75th anniversary/and also big feature film.

Spencer also manages to work in The Beyonders from Hickman's Avengers run and we get the foundations of the upcoming Thunderbolts book as well.

Discuss!

But in the current, digitized world, trivial information is accumulating every second, preserved in all its triteness. Never fading, always accessible. Rumors about petty issues, misinterpretations, slander... All this junk data preserved in an unfiltered state, growing at an alarming rate. It will only slow down social progress, reduce the rate of evolution. You seem to think that our plan is one of censorship. What we propose to do is not to control content, but to create context.

#2 bigbot69

bigbot69

Back and slightly less angry...kinda

• Citizen
  • 1372 posts

Posted 04 March 2016 - 05:06 PM

by the first couple of issues do you mean welcome to pleasent hill and assault on pleasent hill?

Assult on pleasent hill 1 was a great read for me. considering a lot of dialogue - it was a great morality issue.

It's a Newcomic (apparently)

#3 Internet Jesus

Internet Jesus

• Citizen
  • 22326 posts

Posted 04 March 2016 - 08:45 PM

Yeah, Welcome and Assault.

I also love the wordplay. Pleasant Hill makes Maria Hill Pleasant.

But in the current, digitized world, trivial information is accumulating every second, preserved in all its triteness. Never fading, always accessible. Rumors about petty issues, misinterpretations, slander... All this junk data preserved in an unfiltered state, growing at an alarming rate. It will only slow down social progress, reduce the rate of evolution. You seem to think that our plan is one of censorship. What we propose to do is not to control content, but to create context.

#4 Maruten

Maruten
  • Staff
  • 6915 posts

Posted 04 March 2016 - 11:14 PM

I was surprised that things kicked off so quickly Alpha. I'm still not sure this is a terribly interesting story, but there's a lot of character stuff here that I enjoy and having been around through the debut of the original Thunderbolts, I'm really digging seeing the team resurface after the book's recent rest.

WsuGTl1.jpg

#5 Internet Jesus

Internet Jesus

• Citizen
  • 22326 posts

Posted 28 April 2016 - 11:47 PM

So this just ended with some stuff spinning out of it:

Maria Hill is on probation and probably won't be Director of SHIELD for much longer

Kobik the Child Cosmic Cube has become friends with Bucky and along with most of the original Thunderbolts escaping Pleasant Hill, will form the new team.

Steve Rogers is young again and Sam suggested they share the mantle, inspired by there being two Spider-Men.

Steve offers Rick Jones (who kickstarted this whole storyline by leaking that Maria Hill has been using Cosmic Cube fragments) a job. Possibly his and Sam's Oracle? Or maybe the new Director of SHIELD?

#6 Maruten

Maruten
  • Staff
  • 6915 posts

Posted 29 April 2016 - 01:33 AM

I skipped straight from the Alpha to the Omega and I don't feel I missed much. I was keen to read this when I heard that we were getting a new Quasar. Gruenwald's Quasar is one of my favourite books and I'm happy to see Wendell back and training someone up.

Still keen for more Thunderbolts too.

WsuGTl1.jpg

#7 Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely

That was then, this is now.

• Citizen
  • 9224 posts

Posted 29 April 2016 - 07:30 AM

This, uh, this didn't really turn out to be much of a STORY, did it? The first two issues were a great kick-off, but it turns out they weren't a kick-off TO anything - the last issue was just a clip-show collection whose primary concern was setting up new books, rather than actually being a story in and of itself.

#8 Dvandom

Dvandom

Purveyor of Ponies. And Physics.

• Supporter
  • 16878 posts

Posted 29 April 2016 - 09:48 AM

Very underwhelmed by how the new Quasar debuted.  About as interesting as someone joining a pickup raid group on an MMO.

---Dave

DAVE'S WEBPAGES
-- www.eyrie.org/~dvandom/BW --
NEWS, REVIEWS and SIGHTINGS
-- www.dvandom.com --
ARTWORK and IMAGES

Pssst...if you
can't see my images,
try my deviantArt!

#9 Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely

That was then, this is now.

• Citizen
  • 9224 posts

Posted 29 April 2016 - 11:22 AM

No big splash page intro, no explanation of who Quasar or Wendell Vaughan is or what the quantum bands or are **who this woman is**... I assume she's been floating around in Spencer Cap run? Cause we all knew this story was to facilitate de-ageing Cap, but in the end-up it's basically turned out that - and instituting the new Thunderbolts - has been ALL it's been designed to do, and that didn't even happen IN the event book.

#10 LiamA

LiamA
  • Citizen
  • 3116 posts

Posted 29 April 2016 - 01:19 PM

Will there be a graphic novel collection of this story because I've been enjoying it.

#11 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 16977 posts

Posted 29 April 2016 - 01:55 PM

Will Marvel do a Graphic Novel collection of an important event series featuring a bunch of their major characters from a current theatrical blockbuster, you mean?

-ZacWilliam, I don't think you need to shake a magic 8ball on this one...
Ever wonder about the speed of Turbofoxes?
Or the proverbial ailerons of Titanium Moosebots?

*Visit the one and only Cybertronic Bestiary.
For a mechazoologic tour of the mechanimals of Cybertron.

#12 LiamA

LiamA
  • Citizen
  • 3116 posts

Posted 29 April 2016 - 05:01 PM

And so another miniseries ends with everyone standing around talking about the big special effects laden fight scene that happens off screen.

#13 LiamA

LiamA
  • Citizen
  • 3116 posts

Posted 29 April 2016 - 05:16 PM

What happened to the Red Skull?  In Uncanny Avengers #6 he was shown hiding out in the basement of the old Avengers Mansion and now here he is in Pleasant Hill.  What happened?  How did he go from one place to another in a short amount of time.