Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  -LittleAutob... : (25 May 2020 - 03:39 PM)

I'll agree with you on that.

*Figured -_-

I fugured

@  Steevy Maximus : (25 May 2020 - 01:37 PM)

I'm actually sad Cyberverse won't get another season. 2 and 3 (of what I've seen) have REALLY nailed it in being fun little actions shows, like the Sunbow series.

@  Rycochet : (25 May 2020 - 01:00 PM)

Yes.

@  Maximus Ambus : (25 May 2020 - 12:52 PM)

I'm waiting for Animated season 4. Am I insane?

@  wonko the sane? : (25 May 2020 - 11:22 AM)

I'm waiting for the next season to show up on netflix.

@  Sabrblade : (25 May 2020 - 10:59 AM)

Many of us have already watched the rest of the Cyberverse episodes since the whole third season aired in the UK last September.

@  -LittleAutob... : (25 May 2020 - 10:18 AM)

*9th

@  -LittleAutob... : (25 May 2020 - 10:17 AM)

I just saw the 8th episode... omg

@  Bass X0 : (25 May 2020 - 01:28 AM)

Already seen it online.

@  -LittleAutob... : (24 May 2020 - 09:42 PM)

Who's excited for tomorrow? The only thing that makes Monday worth it is the Cyberverse episodes .-.

@  wonko the sane? : (24 May 2020 - 12:30 PM)

Welcome. I just came into that trick myself recently, so happy to share.

@  Nevermore : (24 May 2020 - 12:05 PM)

Thanks, wonko the sane? for the tip with the cloning. That helped a lot!

@  -LittleAutob... : (24 May 2020 - 12:02 PM)

Heheh.... yes... I don't think a sniper would be very good at making a vaccine... 0.0

@  Nevermore : (24 May 2020 - 11:48 AM)

All right! Cloning my old HHD to an SSD and then swapping out the drive was successful, it would appear. Finally.

@  Bass X0 : (24 May 2020 - 11:30 AM)

Scientist Perceptor is. Sniper Perceptor less so.

@  -LittleAutob... : (24 May 2020 - 10:51 AM)

Perceptor would be more responsible.

@  -LittleAutob... : (24 May 2020 - 10:48 AM)

Oof x~x

@  TheMightyMol... : (24 May 2020 - 10:45 AM)

He'd cure the virus, but he'd probably commit at least two crimes against nature and weaponize a third in the process.

@  -LittleAutob... : (24 May 2020 - 09:39 AM)

'Horrible consequences' would most likely happen with Brainstorm...

@  -LittleAutob... : (24 May 2020 - 08:16 AM)

Totally. And Percy's not even human. XD

@  TheMightyMol... : (24 May 2020 - 06:50 AM)

Can't do much worse than our current government, I say go for it.

@  Sabrblade : (23 May 2020 - 10:13 PM)

Little do we realize that the Perceptor in question is the Mini-Con combiner. :p

@  -LittleAutob... : (23 May 2020 - 10:11 PM)

He would!!!

@  -LittleAutob... : (23 May 2020 - 10:11 PM)

Horrible consequences? I... Doubt that would happen.

@  wonko the sane? : (23 May 2020 - 09:55 PM)

Even if he would come up with the answer by tomorrow.

@  wonko the sane? : (23 May 2020 - 09:54 PM)

I'd rather not deal with the horrible but unintended consequences of that.

@  -LittleAutob... : (23 May 2020 - 09:52 PM)

Lets let Perceptor make a vaccine for COVID-19. Who agrees with me :)

@  -LittleAutob... : (23 May 2020 - 08:43 PM)

I'll take your word for it. =D

@  TM2-Megatron : (23 May 2020 - 08:42 PM)

Although the TV edits of Robocop do contain some hilarity

@  TM2-Megatron : (23 May 2020 - 08:41 PM)

I can't think of any instance where sanitizing a film is a good thing.

@  -LittleAutob... : (23 May 2020 - 06:42 PM)

.... and thats a good thing? :doh

@  Steevy Maximus : (23 May 2020 - 06:39 PM)

I'm watching Predator on Starz! That means it has all the language and gore uncensored!

@  Sabrblade : (23 May 2020 - 04:23 PM)

*grabs popcorn*

@  -LittleAutob... : (23 May 2020 - 12:49 PM)

*watching everyone argue* O^O

@  fourteenwings : (23 May 2020 - 10:22 AM)

By that logic we might as well just get rid of the Shoutbox wholesale! I'd rather have like 3 or 4 things stuck for a week or so than one person dominating the whole thing (no offense Nevermore).

@  PlutoniumBoss : (23 May 2020 - 03:30 AM)

I would argue that "full of something one doesn't read" and "devoid of reading material" are functionally identical at the end-user level. :D

@  NotVeryKnightly : (22 May 2020 - 07:58 PM)

If it emptied, it would become empty.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (22 May 2020 - 07:53 PM)

It would be the same effect as if the shoutbox simply emptied once or twice a week.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (22 May 2020 - 07:27 PM)

I don't see how having walls of the same guy on top whenever I go to any page on this site is "refreshing".

@  PlutoniumBoss : (22 May 2020 - 06:10 PM)

I don't know, I find the occasional flushing of the box to be refreshing.

@  Telly : (22 May 2020 - 04:20 PM)

but its gets annoying seeing a wall of text from him that takes up most of the shoutbox

@  PlutoniumBoss : (22 May 2020 - 03:53 PM)

Eh, that's just Nevermore.

@  fourteenwings : (22 May 2020 - 12:11 AM)

@Nevermore: Good rule of thumb is if you feel like you need not just multiple statements but also multiple shouts to make a point, best just make a thread.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (21 May 2020 - 05:36 PM)

Dude, do you just, not know when to stop?

@  Nevermore : (21 May 2020 - 03:35 PM)

Instead of "I have only ten hours to get all my stuff from place A to place B", it's more like "I temporarily stored 90% of my stuff in easily accessible place C in my spare time, so now I have ten hours to get the remaining 10% of my stuff over to the new place before permanently saying goodbye to the old place".

@  NotVeryKnightly : (21 May 2020 - 03:33 PM)

At these point you two are just repeating what you already said.

@  Nevermore : (21 May 2020 - 03:32 PM)

Again using my "moving apartments" analogy. If you can store the stuff you don't immediately need for everyday life somewhere else, it reduces the critical time of permanently switching your primary base of residence over to the new place because there's less stuff to move when the time comes.

@  Nevermore : (21 May 2020 - 03:30 PM)

Well, my main point is that it will speed up the system migration so I have A) less system downtime because there are fewer files to transfer before the new system can be up and running and B) it reduces the risk of something going wrong during the system migration.

Photo

Standoff: Assault on Pleasant Hill AKA How Steve Rogers Got His Groove Back

Steve Rogers Bucky Barnes Sam Wilson Captain America SHIELD Pleasant Hill Guantanamo Bay Maria Hill Nick Spencer Cosmic Cube

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
12 replies to this topic

#1 Internet Jesus

Internet Jesus

And this is the way the world ends.

• Citizen
  • 22355 posts

Posted 03 March 2016 - 05:52 PM

So the first couple issues are out and it's pretty great so far. Nick Spencer finally does something awesome with Maria Hill and manages to work in all three Captain Americas for his 75th anniversary/and also big feature film.

Spencer also manages to work in The Beyonders from Hickman's Avengers run and we get the foundations of the upcoming Thunderbolts book as well.

Discuss!

But in the current, digitized world, trivial information is accumulating every second, preserved in all its triteness. Never fading, always accessible. Rumors about petty issues, misinterpretations, slander... All this junk data preserved in an unfiltered state, growing at an alarming rate. It will only slow down social progress, reduce the rate of evolution. You seem to think that our plan is one of censorship. What we propose to do is not to control content, but to create context.

#2 bigbot69

bigbot69

Back and slightly less angry...kinda

• Citizen
  • 1422 posts

Posted 04 March 2016 - 05:06 PM

by the first couple of issues do you mean welcome to pleasent hill and assault on pleasent hill?

Assult on pleasent hill 1 was a great read for me. considering a lot of dialogue - it was a great morality issue.

It's a Newcomic (apparently)

#3 Internet Jesus

Internet Jesus

• Citizen
  • 22355 posts

Posted 04 March 2016 - 08:45 PM

Yeah, Welcome and Assault.

I also love the wordplay. Pleasant Hill makes Maria Hill Pleasant.

But in the current, digitized world, trivial information is accumulating every second, preserved in all its triteness. Never fading, always accessible. Rumors about petty issues, misinterpretations, slander... All this junk data preserved in an unfiltered state, growing at an alarming rate. It will only slow down social progress, reduce the rate of evolution. You seem to think that our plan is one of censorship. What we propose to do is not to control content, but to create context.

#4 Maruten

Maruten
  • Staff
  • 7523 posts

Posted 04 March 2016 - 11:14 PM

I was surprised that things kicked off so quickly Alpha. I'm still not sure this is a terribly interesting story, but there's a lot of character stuff here that I enjoy and having been around through the debut of the original Thunderbolts, I'm really digging seeing the team resurface after the book's recent rest.

WsuGTl1.jpg

#5 Internet Jesus

Internet Jesus

• Citizen
  • 22355 posts

Posted 28 April 2016 - 11:47 PM

So this just ended with some stuff spinning out of it:

Maria Hill is on probation and probably won't be Director of SHIELD for much longer

Kobik the Child Cosmic Cube has become friends with Bucky and along with most of the original Thunderbolts escaping Pleasant Hill, will form the new team.

Steve Rogers is young again and Sam suggested they share the mantle, inspired by there being two Spider-Men.

Steve offers Rick Jones (who kickstarted this whole storyline by leaking that Maria Hill has been using Cosmic Cube fragments) a job. Possibly his and Sam's Oracle? Or maybe the new Director of SHIELD?

#6 Maruten

Maruten
  • Staff
  • 7523 posts

Posted 29 April 2016 - 01:33 AM

I skipped straight from the Alpha to the Omega and I don't feel I missed much. I was keen to read this when I heard that we were getting a new Quasar. Gruenwald's Quasar is one of my favourite books and I'm happy to see Wendell back and training someone up.

Still keen for more Thunderbolts too.

WsuGTl1.jpg

#7 Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely

That was then, this is now.

• Citizen
  • 9298 posts

Posted 29 April 2016 - 07:30 AM

This, uh, this didn't really turn out to be much of a STORY, did it? The first two issues were a great kick-off, but it turns out they weren't a kick-off TO anything - the last issue was just a clip-show collection whose primary concern was setting up new books, rather than actually being a story in and of itself.

#8 Dvandom

Dvandom

Purveyor of Ponies. And Physics.

• Supporter
  • 17290 posts

Posted 29 April 2016 - 09:48 AM

Very underwhelmed by how the new Quasar debuted.  About as interesting as someone joining a pickup raid group on an MMO.

---Dave

DAVE'S WEBPAGES
-- www.eyrie.org/~dvandom/BW --
NEWS, REVIEWS and SIGHTINGS
-- www.dvandom.com --
ARTWORK and IMAGES

Pssst...if you
can't see my images,
try my deviantArt!

#9 Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely

That was then, this is now.

• Citizen
  • 9298 posts

Posted 29 April 2016 - 11:22 AM

No big splash page intro, no explanation of who Quasar or Wendell Vaughan is or what the quantum bands or are **who this woman is**... I assume she's been floating around in Spencer Cap run? Cause we all knew this story was to facilitate de-ageing Cap, but in the end-up it's basically turned out that - and instituting the new Thunderbolts - has been ALL it's been designed to do, and that didn't even happen IN the event book.

#10 LiamA

LiamA
  • Citizen
  • 3339 posts

Posted 29 April 2016 - 01:19 PM

Will there be a graphic novel collection of this story because I've been enjoying it.

#11 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 17697 posts

Posted 29 April 2016 - 01:55 PM

Will Marvel do a Graphic Novel collection of an important event series featuring a bunch of their major characters from a current theatrical blockbuster, you mean?

-ZacWilliam, I don't think you need to shake a magic 8ball on this one...
Ever wonder about the speed of Turbofoxes?
Or the proverbial ailerons of Titanium Moosebots?

*Visit the one and only Cybertronic Bestiary.
For a mechazoologic tour of the mechanimals of Cybertron.

#12 LiamA

LiamA
  • Citizen
  • 3339 posts

Posted 29 April 2016 - 05:01 PM

And so another miniseries ends with everyone standing around talking about the big special effects laden fight scene that happens off screen.

#13 LiamA

LiamA
  • Citizen
  • 3339 posts

Posted 29 April 2016 - 05:16 PM

What happened to the Red Skull?  In Uncanny Avengers #6 he was shown hiding out in the basement of the old Avengers Mansion and now here he is in Pleasant Hill.  What happened?  How did he go from one place to another in a short amount of time.