Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Paladin : (14 November 2018 - 12:18 PM)

not really. duck meat is fowl.

@  wonko the sane? : (14 November 2018 - 12:01 PM)

Couldn't we just cook the duck? I mean, it would be tastier...

@  MEDdMI : (14 November 2018 - 12:09 AM)

That is much less than a duck, therefore it also floats. BURN THE INTERNET! ((Although it's an old article, I was surprised to find a result))

@  MEDdMI : (14 November 2018 - 12:04 AM)

http://discovermagazine.com/2007/jun/how-much-does-the-internet-weigh

@  wonko the sane? : (13 November 2018 - 05:11 PM)

If thou knows how to weigh wireless signals, thou are surely more of a witch than I.

@  MEDdMI : (13 November 2018 - 01:26 PM)

Does it weigh the same as a duck?

@  wonko the sane? : (13 November 2018 - 12:26 PM)

Nay! Tis merely the miracle of WIFI!

@  MEDdMI : (13 November 2018 - 11:49 AM)

WITCHCRAFT!

@  wonko the sane? : (13 November 2018 - 11:40 AM)

Mwahahaha! I am writing this WIRELESSLY from my desktop!

@  unluckiness : (13 November 2018 - 10:28 AM)

yes.

@  Pennpenn : (13 November 2018 - 07:48 AM)

Is that nightmare fuel for wanking or nightmare fuel that is- actually you know what never mind.

@  TheMightyMol... : (13 November 2018 - 05:07 AM)

This is the Internet. Everything produces wanking nightmare fuel.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (13 November 2018 - 01:52 AM)

Yet both have produced wanking nightmare fuel. (Rule 34 is a harsh mistress)

@  fourteenwings : (12 November 2018 - 11:41 PM)

I don't know if "magic animals" and "mecha" abide by the same design principals.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (12 November 2018 - 09:20 PM)

PS4 controllers are crap. x.x;

@  Paladin : (12 November 2018 - 08:16 PM)

it took me way too long to realize that didn't actually say "wanking nightmare fuel."

@  NotVeryKnightly : (12 November 2018 - 08:14 PM)

I'm quite sure that directors don't make the designs because that would be ludicrous amount of work for a single person.

@  Noideaforaname : (12 November 2018 - 05:35 PM)

I guess "walking nightmare fuel" is an improvement...

@  Bass X0 : (12 November 2018 - 04:12 PM)

It’s something when the new Pokemon movie is completely accurate to the original source character designs than the Transformers movies. Michael Bay would have created hyper stylised redesigns of Pokemon and many completely new designs if he was doing it.

@  Maximus Ambus : (12 November 2018 - 01:54 PM)

RIP Stan Lee.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (12 November 2018 - 04:25 AM)

Ehh.. Except for a couple of people, the video game section isn't that bad.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (11 November 2018 - 08:27 PM)

It feels like this hasn't been said enough: anybody who cares what people at TFW does would surely just check there themselves.

@  Gryllid : (11 November 2018 - 06:50 PM)

And with the Seinfeld/Cyberverse names, the genders matched up, and some of them seem fitting enough ("Peterman" for a leader figure prone to dramatic pronouncements; "Puddy" for a big, strong, gruff guy, etc.)

@  Gryllid : (11 November 2018 - 06:46 PM)

Well, the codenames aren't completely random. Shatter and Dropkick were "Red Light" and "Blue Light", weren't they? Referencing their colors.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (11 November 2018 - 09:05 AM)

I'm sure the Hasbro logistics guy in charge of assigning the code names would be amused too, if he knew what TFW2005 was.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (11 November 2018 - 01:30 AM)

Yup. TFW2005.

@  Nevermore : (10 November 2018 - 02:57 PM)

Even though we have seen time and again that those names are just randomly applied names from whatever "theme" Hasbro has chosen for the respective line, with no intentional relation between code name and character.

@  Nevermore : (10 November 2018 - 02:57 PM)

I love how folks on TFW2005 still assume the code names for toys from new toylines are mystery games Hasbro has created for the fans, and thus are trying to interpret a meaning into those names to guess the character.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (09 November 2018 - 07:56 PM)

I haven't watched many eps yet... Mainly cause I've gotten where I just wait till seasons end and watch the whole thing.

@  RichardT1977 : (09 November 2018 - 07:23 PM)

I presume he's going to feature heavily in episode 15

@  RichardT1977 : (09 November 2018 - 07:20 PM)

And like I said in one of the discussion threads, his voice reminds me of the English dub of Alexander Armstrong from Fullmetal Alchemist

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (09 November 2018 - 07:20 PM)

Ahh, I ment shown up as a Main character yet, but I wasn't specific. :D

@  RichardT1977 : (09 November 2018 - 07:19 PM)

He showed up in "Maccadam's", and has at least been heard in a few other prior episodes.

@  abates : (09 November 2018 - 07:06 PM)

Yeah, he's shown up a couple of times.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (09 November 2018 - 07:01 PM)

I ment in the show.

@  Nevermore : (09 November 2018 - 06:38 PM)

Which one?

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (09 November 2018 - 05:31 PM)

Has Cyberverse Grim even showed up yet?

@  Paladin : (09 November 2018 - 05:26 PM)

now that it's out in the open, can I just say NuRID Grimlock is the most interesting version of the character in TWENTY YEARS?

@  Foffy : (09 November 2018 - 05:08 PM)

grimlock eats sloppily at olive garden (ASMR)

@  abates : (09 November 2018 - 05:07 PM)

Sorry, just had to get that off my chest.

It could have fit perfectly in Robots in Disguise too. Just have Grimlock waving a pool noodle around and give the line to Drift.

Underquoted Transformers: The Movie quotes: "Grimlock, get your noodle out of my face."

@  RichardT1977 : (09 November 2018 - 04:58 PM)

Yeah, IIRC Wilbur was a spring pig.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (09 November 2018 - 01:48 PM)

I read that as "First sow of the season" and I was about to say that I wasn't aware pigs were typically born in the winter.

@  Paladin : (09 November 2018 - 08:59 AM)

ugh. first snow of the season...

@  wonko the sane? : (09 November 2018 - 08:22 AM)

Shield agent, that's just nuts...

@  Pennpenn : (09 November 2018 - 03:56 AM)

Though there are rumours he's secretly a Pine.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (09 November 2018 - 01:15 AM)

Idea: in a universe wherein plant alt-modes are common, Maccadam transforms into a macadamia tree.

@  Waspinator : (08 November 2018 - 08:51 PM)

That apparently gets you the help you want. https://www.schlockm....com/2010-04-14

@  wonko the sane? : (08 November 2018 - 07:01 PM)

Eh, just conference call it to the suicide hotline AI.

Photo
- - - - -

Colour images of Unite Warriors Bruticus

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
143 replies to this topic

#1 gearshift

gearshift

insanely here for buff ROM

• Citizen
  • 2301 posts

Posted 05 February 2016 - 08:20 AM

rQZFOZH.png

bb8f1cf.png

...which are low res as hell.

Brawl looks even browner than his Hasbro release, but hey he's got a red mouthplate that's cool. And Vortex looks neat too, but it's a bit hard to see at this scale (and with that red text sitting over it...) Onslaught looks like he's trying to do too many things at once, unfortunately, Blast Off's still a Write Off and Swindle has painted hubcaps. Oh, and the Combiner feet are Brawl/Swindle coloured.

Edited by Gearshift, 05 February 2016 - 08:22 AM.

#2 Broadside

Broadside

Now I'm a beeliever

• Staff
  • 10594 posts

Posted 05 February 2016 - 08:27 AM

Gonna have to wait for clearer pictures on these guys, I think, but from what I can see here:

• Onslaught would be perfect without the grey paint on his legs
  • Colours on Vortex are unexpected but neat
  • That's a nice shade of orange-brown on Blast Off, and it'll probably help to distinguish him from Space Harrier
  • Swindle looks completely average
  • Brawl being brown is kind of hilarious, given how many people were insisting that "Takara will give us the green Brawl that we deserve"

Soooo... undecided? It'll basically come down to how much money I have when Victorion, Grand Galvatron and Bruticus come out which of them I get.

Edited by Broadside, 05 February 2016 - 08:30 AM.

unknown.png

#3 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 63272 posts

Posted 05 February 2016 - 08:27 AM

Posted Image

These look amazing!

Yellow and green feet, blue helmet & silver face on Onslaught, silver Bruticus torso with Blast Off colored chest plate, despite being cartoon accurate Onslaught still has his chest colored in like the toy (they didn't ignore that fact and colored it any way), red faced Brawl (I always saw it more as maroon), gray & blue Vortex, purple on Swindle's alt mode. 

Beautiful!

I'm so glad that we have two versions of almost everything, as it makes me appreciate when we get something like this all the more.

http://www.robotking...m/ttmeuw07.html

Vortex has a pretty light silver face as does Swindle.  You can also see Vortex's sporting a multi-colored combiner peg like Zombie War Breakdown.  Top is gray and the bottom is metallic blue.  Blast Off has the crest paint lilac and his eyes gray.  :D
Randy

Attached Thumbnails

• 1_2.png
  • 2_2.png

Edited by Powered Convoy, 05 February 2016 - 08:38 AM.

#4 RCX

RCX
  • Retired Staff
  • 2767 posts

Posted 05 February 2016 - 08:51 AM

Not that this is a big deal because 90% of people won't be displaying him this way, but how much is Onslaught's vehicle mode is going to suffer as a result of the Blast-off colored combiner chest?   It's pretty amazing what they've managed to do with Onslaught to achieve 2 different color schemes.  And Brawl is half-NOT-green in robot mode anyway, so I can deal...with that now. All I can hear in my head right now is [Vortex speaking in] Onslaught's voice: "Combaticons!  Transform to BROO-TEE-KUSS!"

"I am stronger than you know."
- Rattrap, The Weak Component

#5 NightViper

NightViper

Ehhhhh...

• Retired Staff
  • 41541 posts

Posted 05 February 2016 - 09:00 AM

Takara. Stop breaking nylon trees and not letting anyone else do the same.

It's not fair!!

#6 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 63272 posts

Posted 05 February 2016 - 09:02 AM

I wouldn't be surprised if Swindle does the same as Vortex with his peg.  Top blue (if they try to mirror the window color) and bottom purple.

#7 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 63272 posts

Posted 05 February 2016 - 09:07 AM

You can see you can angle all of Vortex's propeller blades up like the Hasbro version too (in the robot mode pic).

Randy

#8 Paladin

Paladin

Have Zord, Will Travel

• Citizen
  • 10687 posts

Posted 05 February 2016 - 09:14 AM

Here's hoping they also fixed Brawl's torso. 

Stuff for sale; every little bit helps. :) https://www.allspark.com/forums/topic/143212-for-sale-3p-mp-potp-super-sentai-stuff TWITTER: Paladin4221

#9 Broadside

Broadside

Now I'm a beeliever

• Staff
  • 10594 posts

Posted 05 February 2016 - 09:17 AM

I wouldn't be surprised if Swindle does the same as Vortex with his peg.  Top blue (if they try to mirror the window color) and bottom purple.

Yeah, is it me, or can you see what looks like a light blue peg-joint on Swindle in the combined mode picture?

unknown.png

#10 Sciflyer

Sciflyer

Tomorrow's Harvest

• Citizen
  • 3466 posts

Posted 05 February 2016 - 09:17 AM

This is looking great so far - what I can make out of it, that is.  It's too hard on my eyes to try and see all of the little details you guys are talking about, but I am really loving the color schemes and the fact that the combiner feet are designed to match their respective bots.  I especially like what they've done with Vortex's colors and am still loving the quad-peller.  :thumbsup

Edit:  The news article on the front page mentioned a new/different gun for Swindle.  I really don't see that in any pics.  Where is it?

Edited by Sciflyer, 05 February 2016 - 09:19 AM.

#11 Lachy Wiggle is Sad

Lachy Wiggle is Sad

HOT POTATO

• Supporter
  • 3777 posts

Posted 05 February 2016 - 09:31 AM

A little disappointed with the colored feet since that messes with the whole switcharoo concept (Transformers: Switcharoo City!) but I have to admit it looks really nice. They sure nailed the cartoon accuracy thing. Glad I preordered it. 

#12 NightViper

NightViper

Ehhhhh...

• Retired Staff
  • 41541 posts

Posted 05 February 2016 - 09:31 AM

That was in some of the previous magazine scans. One of the articles with the gray prototypes. 

#13 NightViper

NightViper

Ehhhhh...

• Retired Staff
  • 41541 posts

Posted 05 February 2016 - 09:33 AM

Yeah, is it me, or can you see what looks like a light blue peg-joint on Swindle in the combined mode picture?

Yup. The top half is light blue to be part of his windscreen. And the bottom half is purple to be his purple belly from the toon.

#14 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 63272 posts

Posted 05 February 2016 - 09:40 AM

:love You're right, nice job on noticing that!  :thumbsup

This is looking great so far - what I can make out of it, that is.  It's too hard on my eyes to try and see all of the little details you guys are talking about, but I am really loving the color schemes and the fact that the combiner feet are designed to match their respective bots.  I especially like what they've done with Vortex's colors and am still loving the quad-peller.  :thumbsup

Edit:  The news article on the front page mentioned a new/different gun for Swindle.  I really don't see that in any pics.  Where is it?

As NightViper mentioned it was in the magazine scans, particularly this one:

http://i0.wp.com/www...ing_216_095.jpg

The gun barrel isn't a triple barrel like the Hasbro one.

http://static.seiber...swindle-103.jpg

Randy

#15 Cybersnark

Cybersnark

Sorry I'm late. Had to get my powersuit.

• Citizen
  • 10729 posts

Posted 05 February 2016 - 09:44 AM

. . . Are tiny out-of-focus pictures a new Japanese meme, or something?

#16 Dracula

Dracula

IS DEAD NOW

• Retired Staff
  • 4544 posts

Posted 05 February 2016 - 09:46 AM

Wow, that blue on Vortex is way brighter than expected. 

I really want to know how the G1 artists came up with the Blast-Off colors on Bruticus' chest...

5140629382_7d653c135f.jpg

ALL OF TREASURES

#17 Robogeek1973

Robogeek1973
  • Retired Staff
  • 15424 posts

Posted 05 February 2016 - 09:51 AM

Not liking those color coded feet, and sadly Bruticus will end up having blue thighs if you do the thigh rotation.

Other than that, it looks good so far.

#18 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 63272 posts

Posted 05 February 2016 - 09:53 AM

I wonder if the G1 prototype of Bruticus's chest plate was colored like Blast off, or if it was just someone imagining Blast Off's wings become the chest or something.  Or if pre-TF Diaclone Bruticus' chest was colored similar to whatever color Blast Off was (if such an unseen deco ever existed)

Randy

#19 sparkasylum

sparkasylum
  • Citizen
  • 1013 posts

Posted 05 February 2016 - 10:05 AM

The Blast-off colored chest plate looks nice. I kinda want the gray on Onslaught's legs to be a lighter shade, but glad to see it's there. The colored feet is a cool detail I hadn't imagined.

I guess I just don't get the Brawl/green/brown issue.... Blast-off is brown. Compare Brawl to him, that's not the same color. Brawl's got a bit of a green hue to him. 

For robot mode, the 'wings' on the Bruticus chest plate fold up, right? In vehicle mode pics I've always seen them folded down. If they can fold up, then the underside could be painted a different color to help out Onslaught's vehicle mode colors a bit more.

Still, his vehicle mode should be better than Hasbro's. The Blast-off colors are closer to Onslaught's color that's missing from the Hasbro gray version, plus Hasbro's vehicle mode for him is nearly devoid of any paint.

#20 NightViper

NightViper

Ehhhhh...

• Retired Staff
  • 41541 posts

Posted 05 February 2016 - 10:05 AM

Quick vehicle mode color breakdown estimate based on what we see.

Attached Thumbnails

• tak_onslaught.jpg

Edited by NightViper, 05 February 2016 - 10:06 AM.