Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  MEDdMI : (01 March 2017 - 02:38 PM)

I'm genuinely amused/impressed, even if it wasn't intentional.

@  Benbot : (01 March 2017 - 02:38 PM)

That's a lot of shouting

@  MEDdMI : (01 March 2017 - 02:37 PM)

Wow, Bass, your post took up the entire Shoutbox exactly without being over/under a line.

@  ShadowMan024 : (01 March 2017 - 02:36 PM)

The best Marvel issue is, was, and always will be Decepticon Graffiti. The Battlechargers are awesome.

@  Bass X0 : (01 March 2017 - 02:27 PM)

ReGeneration was criticised for being too slow paced and drawn out way too long, yet the Decepticon leaders are introduced and dispatched just to tick the box that they made an appearance. I also preferred the single stand alone stories from the original Marvel comics instead of each issue having like four different plots running through it, which didn't make for satisfying reading IMO. If a writer is writing for a trade, don't release individual issues. I also thought the artwork was poor - before, the Marvel comics tried to have the best artwork they could at the time, whereas now they were intentionally limiting themselves to appear "retro", and it shows. The pacing was the worst though, some characters just stand around doing nothing to progress their part of the story, like Shockwave's segments. In contrast, compare any six consecutive issues from the Marvel comics and a whole lot more happens than in RG1. Furman also fell into his pattern of wasting space world building and pointless scenes when the story had to end at #100.

@  LBD "Nyt... : (01 March 2017 - 02:10 PM)

Even then, Furman's material never really had a huge toy-push aspect to it, other than "here's new character!"

@  LBD "Nyt... : (01 March 2017 - 02:09 PM)

Considering it was a wrap-up for a story whose toyline had ended anyway, I feel like it worked out well enough. I mean, the last major iteration did play an important part in things.

@  Steevy Maximus : (01 March 2017 - 02:04 PM)

New comics didn't need to shill any toys at all...so there wasn't any push to do weird and different things.

@  Steevy Maximus : (01 March 2017 - 02:03 PM)

The big problem is that stuff like the old comics were produced under the idea of shilling toys...which ultimately resulted in a lot of the weirdness people remember

@  Rycochet : (01 March 2017 - 02:01 PM)

He was hired to write an exercise in nostalgia and that's what he produced.

@  LBD "Nyt... : (01 March 2017 - 01:38 PM)

Speaking of Marvel, finally read the rest of ReGeneration One, thanks to a Comixology sale. I... don't understand the hate.

@  lastmaximal : (28 February 2017 - 09:09 PM)

Works for some, not all. http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Trademark

@  Waspinator : (28 February 2017 - 08:57 PM)

Yeah, making it "Autobot X" seems to be their way of getting around many of those issues with overly generic terms

@  Rycochet : (28 February 2017 - 08:41 PM)

Hasbro would just call the toys Marvel's Thunderstrike or Autobot/Decepticon Thunderstrike.

@  ShadowMan024 : (28 February 2017 - 08:19 PM)

D.C. owns Bumblebee and they've made toys of her, so if a Mattel licensee can share names with a TF...

@  Telly : (28 February 2017 - 07:42 PM)

doesnt marvel own that? i know theyve got the comic character, not sure about the name for toys though. there ever been a thunderstrike figure? would it even be in the same area as a tf name?

@  ShadowMan024 : (28 February 2017 - 07:38 PM)

You know, "Thunderstrike" would actually be a pretty kickass TF name! Surprised it's never been used!

@  ShadowMan024 : (28 February 2017 - 07:27 PM)

Thunderstruck.

@  Waspinator : (28 February 2017 - 07:25 PM)

How about Thunderblust? http://gatherer.wiza...iverseid=157411

@  ShadowMan024 : (28 February 2017 - 07:23 PM)

Or Shockburninator, who turns into a satellite and a dragon.

@  Waspinator : (28 February 2017 - 07:22 PM)

Burninationblastatron

@  ShadowMan024 : (28 February 2017 - 07:22 PM)

It's Thunderblast, but she turns into a wingaling dragon instead of "transforming" into a boat.

@  ShadowMan024 : (28 February 2017 - 07:22 PM)

Thunderburninator.

@  Waspinator : (28 February 2017 - 07:20 PM)

You need to get "blast" in there somewhere

@  ShadowMan024 : (28 February 2017 - 11:26 AM)

THATCH-ROOF COTTAGEEEEEEEEES

@  TheMightyMol... : (28 February 2017 - 03:06 AM)

Only if the packaging looks like a thatch-roofed cottage.

@  ShadowMan024 : (27 February 2017 - 09:27 PM)

They need to make a dragonbot named "Burninatron."

@  BlackMax : (27 February 2017 - 09:15 PM)

I find upcoming Last Knght's Steelbane sexy. A very Skyrim name for a giant robot who is also a dragon? Be still my heart.

@  MEDdMI : (27 February 2017 - 06:24 PM)

I never found most Hollywood heartthrobs sexy, even if they were around my age. I think I knew even back then that the char they play doesn't reflect how the actor really looks/behaves.

@  Rycochet : (27 February 2017 - 06:11 PM)

The only thing I've seen with Megan Fox in is the Jonah Hex movie... She was bad, but everyone and everything was bad.

@  RichardT1977 : (27 February 2017 - 05:53 PM)

Modern western culture, ladies and gentlemen...

@  ▲ndrusi : (27 February 2017 - 04:50 PM)

Ha! You can't fool a true Z-block afficionado like me! That's actually an S-block viewed from behind!

@  The Doctor Who : (27 February 2017 - 04:36 PM)

*unveils a Tetris Z-Block in moody lighting* Not at aaaaall?

@  ▲ndrusi : (27 February 2017 - 04:27 PM)

That would be silly.

@  ▲ndrusi : (27 February 2017 - 04:26 PM)

Because I definitely wasn't. Nope. Not at all.

@  ▲ndrusi : (27 February 2017 - 04:26 PM)

Am I the only straight male Nintendo fan who was never strangely aroused by the Tetris Z-block?

@  ShadowMan024 : (27 February 2017 - 01:28 PM)

Her acting makes her come across as a living Pat Lee illustration.

@  ShadowMan024 : (27 February 2017 - 01:27 PM)

No. No, you're not.

@  Bass X0 : (27 February 2017 - 01:26 PM)

And am I the only straight male Transformers fan who never found Megan Fox attractive?

@  ShadowMan024 : (27 February 2017 - 01:21 PM)

Especially since she's the same age as my parents.

@  ShadowMan024 : (27 February 2017 - 01:19 PM)

It's like I instinctually knew that by the time I watched the movies, it'd be weird since IRL she was way older than me.

@  ShadowMan024 : (27 February 2017 - 01:18 PM)

Am I, like, the only straight male Star Wars fan who never had a thing for Leia?

@  Bass X0 : (27 February 2017 - 12:44 PM)

Call the police!

@  Paladin : (27 February 2017 - 08:24 AM)

Kubo got robbed. TWICE.

@  Lazy Garou : (27 February 2017 - 08:10 AM)

god! Thrawn is awesome.he's got super detective skills!

@  Telly : (27 February 2017 - 01:10 AM)

i didnt. not until '83 anyway :thumbsup

@  TM2-Megatron : (27 February 2017 - 01:00 AM)

Yeah, that was a hard one to take. So many nerds from '77 on must've grown up having a crush on her

@  ShadowMan024 : (27 February 2017 - 12:34 AM)

I mean, I knew it was coming, but just hearing Carrie say "May the Force be with you" hurt :(

@  ShadowMan024 : (27 February 2017 - 12:32 AM)

They always save the saddest deaths for last in the "in memoriam" sequence.

@  TM2-Megatron : (27 February 2017 - 12:30 AM)

I am glad they made the right choice with Best Animated, even if it was a tough call this year.

Photo

New Justice League cartoon coming where James Woods plays Lex Luthor

27 replies to this topic

#21 Star-A-Star

Star-A-Star

To me, Meowlnir!

• Citizen
  • 6130 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 03 December 2016 - 09:26 PM

So the first three eps are out. Pretty good so far with the Space Cabbie ep being the best and the Firestorm ep a little too heavy on exposition. It definitely feels like it could fit with the old DCAU without firmly committing to the continuity.

Well, Art is Art, isn't it? Still, on the other hand, water is water. And east is east and west is west and if you take cranberries and stew them like applesauce they taste much more like prunes than rhubarb does. Now you tell me what you know.

Groucho Marx

#22 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

Oh dear lord I am bored...

• Citizen
  • 36418 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 03 December 2016 - 09:36 PM

Timm is involved... so decent story and exposition will be present, and generally hanging together pretty well over the long term. Liking what I've seen so far. I'm also generally curious about the 11 minute cartoons of late (not just TTG and this, but steven universe and adventure time as well.) but hey, seems to work, and something you can watch in it's entirety during a smoke break is pretty awesome.

#23 Razorsaw

Razorsaw

Let's not lose our heads

• Citizen
  • 32949 posts

Posted 03 December 2016 - 11:26 PM

I'd rather accept this as it's own thing than yet another DCAU thing, to be honest.

That universe is done for me.

"Disabled people donít have special needs. We have very reasonable human needs. Our needs include freedom from abuse, violence, and mistreatment, the right to autonomy and self-direction, the right to represent ourselves, equal opportunity for education and employment, the right to accommodation, and societal inclusion and acceptance.

The need for accommodation isnít a ďspecial needĒ. Itís a basic human right. Itís a leveling of the playing field that allows us the same opportunities and chances as non-disabled people."

- Amethyst Schaber, http://neurowonderful.tumblr.com/

#24 zephyrX9

zephyrX9
  • Citizen
  • 1146 posts
  • Location:London, a small village on Mars, just outside the capital city, Wbbl.
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 07 December 2016 - 11:44 PM

I enjoyed it, as a short little action-oriented thing goes. It's very Brave and the Bold in character choices, which I approve of. The animation in the first two was mediocre, though it got better. 

Honestly, I'm not looking for heavy story in this, and I'm not hoping for it. Nothing can top the DCAU. I just want short little action romps, something lacking from TTG and PPG, aka what should be "superhero" shows. 

Ranking the episodes so far best to worst:

1. the Firestorm one (goddang Nuclear Family)
  2. the Space Cabbie one 
  3. the Joker one
  4. the Swamp Thing one (purely because Swamp Thing)
  5. the first one

#25 Confuzor

Confuzor

They put em in Smash Bros!!!!

• Supporter
  • 6544 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 10:55 PM

Watched the Cartoon Network premier. Very fun, not too serious but not TTG silly either. That said it was fun, but a bit jarring to hear Khary Peyton as Cyborg in this. I kinda hope that if they do bring in other Teen Titans characters we use their voices as well.

#26 Mouse_Pad

Mouse_Pad

It's a nice day for a...

• Citizen
  • 8322 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 01:51 PM

I watched the hour premier on CN and...eh.  The tone feels to me like an unsatisfying middle ground between Justice Leage Unlimited and Batman:  The Brave and the Bold.

I might watch a couple more episodes but I don't think it's going to win me over.

Twitter:  @The_Waspinator

http://the-waspinator.tumblr.com

#27 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 14545 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 20 December 2016 - 03:57 PM

I haven't gotten to watch it yet but that middle ground sounds like a pretty great spot.

-ZacWilliam, I wish the Movies aimed for that.

Edited by ZacWilliam1, 20 December 2016 - 03:57 PM.

Ever wonder about the speed of Turbofoxes?
Or the proverbial ailerons of Titanium Moosebots?

*Visit the one and only Cybertronic Bestiary.
For a mechazoologic tour of the mechanimals of Cybertron.

#28 Fero McPigletron

Fero McPigletron

Not a Maverick! Maybe.

• Citizen
  • 5787 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 14 January 2017 - 01:01 AM

Only saw the nuclear family EP and Firestorm's voice was familiar me but couldn't place it until I read that it was Bolin from Korra.

But who were the robot family based on? Feels like Ivo.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users