Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Steevy Maximus : (25 January 2020 - 10:01 PM)

But when was the last time you saw a major retailer (since TRU) actually allot shelf space for a Transformers Titan? Or the Vintage Collection Poe X-Wing? There's clearly some sort of disparity between "girls" and "boys" toys that give companies justification to create $100+ items in the girls segment in FAR greater frequency than in boys.

@  fourteenwings : (25 January 2020 - 12:56 AM)

"how expensive they were" Tell that to L.O.L. O.M.G. and the $129 Amazing Surprise (I mean I guess when it comes to the toy aisle Power Rangers isn't a juggernaut like L.O.L.)

@  Steevy Maximus : (24 January 2020 - 09:18 PM)

I think the big reason we didn't see the actual combining Zords at retail was because of how expensive they were. It would cost $100 to get enough of them to make a Megazord, $160+ if you want the Ultrazord. Or parents could just get the dang Ultrazord for $40 even if it didn't combine.

@  Steevy Maximus : (24 January 2020 - 09:11 PM)

Because they are "kids toys" not "collector toys"

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (24 January 2020 - 03:27 PM)

1) I don't have Target. 2) can't go into my walmart. I'm surprised Hasbro won't sell the toys on Pulse

@  Bass X0 : (24 January 2020 - 02:43 PM)

I dreamt my phone was ringing and woke up to answer it.

@  Sabrblade : (24 January 2020 - 02:05 PM)

The Lightning Collection figures, the smaller normal-sized Beast Morphers Ranger/enemy/Beast-Bot figures, the role-play morpher and weapon toys, and the simplistic non-combining megazord toys have all been very easy to find at various Targets and Walmarts. It's only been the actual combining Beast Morphers zord toys (which are bizarrely being sold individually this time) that have been hard to find in stores.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (24 January 2020 - 01:49 PM)

Thought I do question Hasbro's almost reluctance to have the toys available anywhere.

@  Paladin : (24 January 2020 - 01:44 PM)

i've been trying to sell mine for weeks...

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (24 January 2020 - 01:37 PM)

I hadn't opened mine yet, but from what I've seen, the general agreement is that the Beast Morpher zords are much better than Bandais.

@  ThunderWear : (24 January 2020 - 11:16 AM)

I'm guessing if they're going to do anything on the level of Legacy Zords, it's being discussed behind NDAs at Toy Fair

@  Rodimus Supreme : (24 January 2020 - 10:38 AM)

Lightning Collection is good, and they're taking their sweet time on making Zords that are better than Bandai's Zords.

@  ThunderWear : (24 January 2020 - 10:34 AM)

So, what's the general PR fandom consensus of the Hasbro run of PR so far? I pretty much stepped out of the community after I got the Bandai Legacy zords I wanted.

@  Paladin : (24 January 2020 - 08:46 AM)

that would require someone to BUY Hasbro PR toys...

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (24 January 2020 - 07:17 AM)

Well hopefully see some cool PR stuff. Wish BBTS sold Hasbro PR toys.

@  fourteenwings : (24 January 2020 - 07:01 AM)

February 22nd through 25th, I feel like it was earlier last year...

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (24 January 2020 - 06:32 AM)

When is NY TF?

@  fourteenwings : (23 January 2020 - 11:43 PM)

I don't know about Hasbro's general policy but I know everybody was on lockdown for Frozen II, which included both LEGO and Hasbro. Plus, I'm guessing everybody is holding off PR for NY Toy Fair? Overall, it's best to remember that Toy Fairs are for buyers, not fans.

@  fourteenwings : (23 January 2020 - 11:41 PM)

LEGO has been doing this for ages, including sending cease and desists when outlets get leaked images.

@  ThunderWear : (23 January 2020 - 10:42 PM)

And then they ended up selling off the brand, so I guess I wasn't the only one.

@  ThunderWear : (23 January 2020 - 10:41 PM)

Last time a toy brand I followed tightened down on toy fair and all the invited guests posted glowing reviews of what they saw, I ended up being disappointed as heck.

@  Steevy Maximus : (23 January 2020 - 10:34 PM)

JediNews UK basically said they got a walkthrough of Lego's showcase...but were legally bound to NOT talk about anything, much less take pics.

@  ThunderWear : (23 January 2020 - 10:24 PM)

I wondered why I had seen basically nothing newsworthy from the event

@  Steevy Maximus : (23 January 2020 - 10:14 PM)

Word is that Hasbro and Lego have their UK Toy Fair stuff on MAJOR lockdown. Full NDAs and everything.

@  ThunderWear : (23 January 2020 - 09:28 PM)

Seeing people say the $0.99 + $20 shipping item is cheaper than the $19.99 + free shipping item and getting tons of likes for it... I just don't know anymore.

@  Telly : (23 January 2020 - 09:11 PM)

if you havent already, y'all check your walmarts clearance aisle. i found siege six shot for $5. course, it could just be my walmart, but never hurts to look

@  Vexwing : (23 January 2020 - 07:20 PM)

Candlejack is going to need more ro

@  Patch : (23 January 2020 - 06:30 PM)

I thought you had to type out Candlejack's full name bef

@  Maximus Ambus : (23 January 2020 - 02:46 PM)

I typed in the wrong tab.

@  Paladin : (23 January 2020 - 02:32 PM)

must've been the works of Candleja

@  Telly : (23 January 2020 - 02:06 PM)

looks like maximus wiped himself out mid-sentence

@  Maximus Ambus : (23 January 2020 - 08:42 AM)

Disregard this.

@  TheMightyMol... : (22 January 2020 - 06:58 PM)

Bold of you all to assume we won't wipe ourselves out in 50 years.

@  Benbot : (22 January 2020 - 04:27 PM)

There will be no UBI, people will just live in a ditch while they celebrate owning the libs.

@  Rycochet : (22 January 2020 - 03:24 PM)

In 50 years, retail will be dead because all stores are staffless fully automated operations controlled by Amazon. The UBI will be less than a fifth of what it actually costs to live after two decades of cuts and.a steadfast refusal to match inflation.

@  Maximus Ambus : (22 January 2020 - 02:55 PM)

In fifty years retail will be a thing of the past through robots, printers and Universal Basic Income.

@  Rodimus Supreme : (21 January 2020 - 11:16 AM)

Big retailers just don't want money anymore, so let's not give them any,

@  TheMightyMol... : (20 January 2020 - 04:12 PM)

This place is a madhouse, feels like being cloned.

@  Maximus Ambus : (20 January 2020 - 03:38 PM)

I took one step beyond the outer limits to the twilight zone.

@  TheMightyMol... : (20 January 2020 - 10:19 AM)

All retail is basically the same.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (20 January 2020 - 10:00 AM)

Walmart just needs to go bankrupt already.

@  ThunderWear : (20 January 2020 - 07:19 AM)

They didn't put the 35th anniversary stuff back out until after new year. I'm no retail expert, but I feel like having stock on the shelf is better than the back. Especially toys at christmas time.

@  ThunderWear : (20 January 2020 - 07:18 AM)

Yeah, my local walmart took away the 35th anniversary endcap weeks before Christmas and left the Transformer section empty well past Christmas.

@  TheMightyMol... : (20 January 2020 - 04:44 AM)

Mine only has the 35th Anniversary Voyagers. A whole lot of them.

@  Telly : (19 January 2020 - 11:35 PM)

just be happy your walmart even stocks voyagers. mine doesnt

@  Steevy Maximus : (19 January 2020 - 08:53 PM)

Figures that Walmart finally restocks Studio Voyagers...with Wave ONE

@  ThunderWear : (19 January 2020 - 09:27 AM)

I snagged Rainmakers for half off.  They make me want jolly ranchers.

@  Trpodeca : (18 January 2020 - 04:21 PM)

I was using my account on another comptuer, and oddly it seemed to default to $US rather than converting it.

@  TM2-Megatron : (18 January 2020 - 02:02 PM)

You should be able to set eBay to display in your local currency, although personally I like to know the actual currency the item is listed in so I know if I need to account for forex fees or not

@  Trpodeca : (18 January 2020 - 06:34 AM)

I'd also like to take the opportunity to say I despise Ebay for showing the list prices in US money.

Photo

New reimagined Hanna Barbera line from DC

65 replies to this topic

#21 Sockie

Sockie
  • Citizen
  • 1932 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 28 January 2016 - 07:00 PM

Future Quest is going to be the best simply because it's Parker and Shaner.

Scooby Apocalypse sure looks like it's going to be... something, though.

#22 MrBlud

MrBlud

Goes down smooth...

• Retired Staff
  • 52136 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 28 January 2016 - 07:44 PM

Future Quest looks amazing.

The rest sound like Robot Chicken sketches. Not saying that in a "bad" way per se but that's the vibe I'm getting.

card-strongarm.jpg

#23 D Buster Prime

D Buster Prime

Timeout. Do I convert?

• Retired Staff
  • 26131 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 28 January 2016 - 08:38 PM

Can't wait until Scrappy Doo makes an appearance to be killed in a violent way by one of the monsters.

Scrappy Doo IS the violent monster.

VOTE FOR SIDEWAYS:

He's on your side...except when he isn't!

Z7ACRD0.jpg

Spoiler

#24 Jenny

Jenny
  • Citizen
  • 23014 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 28 January 2016 - 08:49 PM

(Swear to god, though, if they do some "Dark Orko" bullshit with this I'll be annoyed beyond belief.)

#25 Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus

Snarky Siegie

• Citizen
  • 4663 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 28 January 2016 - 09:14 PM

Yeah, most come across as, as another poster put it, "fanfic reinventions from a 13 year old".  Which, oddly, seems par for course for DC as a whole these days.

I think Flintstones has potential, and Wacky Races is just weird enough to take a look at, but Scooby?  Talking something that stepped out of the late 90s right there (again, perfectly in line with the tripe DC is generally pushing out these days).

That said, I think Future Quest looks VERY interesting, and the talent involved seems to have more an understanding of the concepts than the other books seem to.  Of all of the HB book, Future Quest has enough of my interest to pick up an issue.

Edited by Steevy Maximus, 28 January 2016 - 09:17 PM.

#26 Maruten

Maruten
  • Staff
  • 7352 posts

Posted 28 January 2016 - 09:31 PM

One way to look at this line is "it can't be any worse than everything else DC is publishing". So at least it has that going for it. 

And the more I think about it, the more I think that a Wacky Races book than leans on Fury Road is a brilliant idea. 

WsuGTl1.jpg

#27 Fero McPigletron

Fero McPigletron

Not a Maverick! Maybe.

• Citizen
  • 8828 posts

Posted 28 January 2016 - 10:01 PM

Future Quest will be written by Jeff Parker? He's amazing in Thunderbolts and even that supposed for kids Avengers with Storm and Giant Girl. He'looks treat the characters right but will add humor, hehe.

Wacky Races Ala Mad Max won't have enough bite if they don't kill any racers. One or two of the Ant hill Mob don't count.

FWXOT0z.gif

TOY DRAMA THEATER!

1 minute of (minimal) lights, (steady) camera and...  ACTION FIGURES! (mostly Transformers) - Episode 031: Combiners and chest envy 

Episodes here

#28 (Deactivated) BB Shockwave

(Deactivated) BB Shockwave
  • Guests

Posted 29 January 2016 - 04:40 AM

Yes, this is what  we need, gritty grimdark reimaginings of Wacky Races as a Mad Max clone and the Scooby gang as DC superheroes.
I cannot wait for the issue where we learn that Freddy's obsession for traps is because his parents were killed by him by accident when he was a kid and dabbled with traps. Or how Dick Dastardly raped Penelope and then the Great Gonzo erased this memory out of everyone's minds and turned Dick into the wacky useless joke of a villain he is now.
Or heck, how about when we learn that Rosie the robot's body has been taken over by some ancient Lovecraftian monstrosity from the beginning of time and she has been manipulating everything all along in a Shyalaman-twist!

Just... NO. Just stop,DC. Give it up, you have lost, you will never beat the popularity contest now that Marvel has billions to back it in advertising and tie-in-movies. Just do the sensible thing and sell yourself to the Mouse, too. Maybe they will do a house cleaning and get rid of the idiots running ship now. Especially this Didiot  guy. He is like what Jeph Loeb was for Marvel.

The team on Future Quest previously did a run of Flash Gordon I've seen get a LOT of praise.

-ZacWilliam, they're a creative team I trust pretty well to do that concept right.

If you mean the reimagining called Zeitgeist, I read it, and it was terrible.
http://www.comicvine...ist/4050-44258/

(Swear to god, though, if they do some "Dark Orko" bullshit with this I'll be annoyed beyond belief.)

They did? Now why am I not surprised... Glad I stopped reading their He-Man comics. Or well, ALL their comics. I gain more enjoyment from reading DC comics from the nineties than these.

Edited by BB Shockwave, 29 January 2016 - 04:51 AM.

#29 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 17428 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 29 January 2016 - 05:02 AM

The team on Future Quest previously did a run of Flash Gordon I've seen get a LOT of praise.

-ZacWilliam, they're a creative team I trust pretty well to do that concept right.

If you mean the reimagining called Zeitgeist, I read it, and it was terrible.
http://www.comicvine...ist/4050-44258/

Nope. Not those. (Check the credits.)

These guys wrote/drew this critically praised run:
http://www.comicvine...don/4050-72935/

And Parker has written a bunch of other very well received stuff as well.

-ZacWilliam, it's a pretty great creative team choice actually.

Edited by ZacWilliam1, 29 January 2016 - 05:03 AM.

Ever wonder about the speed of Turbofoxes?
Or the proverbial ailerons of Titanium Moosebots?

*Visit the one and only Cybertronic Bestiary.
For a mechazoologic tour of the mechanimals of Cybertron.

#30 Maruten

Maruten
  • Staff
  • 7352 posts

Posted 29 January 2016 - 05:51 AM

The Parker/Shaner Flash Gordon run is comics at their best. Those guys don't care which cylinders surrender, they fire on all of them.

I'm the last guy you're going to find wanting to defend DC, but it's waaaaay too early to label this a trainwreck. Whether these books succeed or fail (and we can probably assume that there will be both hits and misses) in the end we get some potentially interesting new material featuring characters who, in some of these cases, have not seen meaningful attention in decades.

Even if the best thing that comes of this is someone at Warner saying "Jesus, what's this shit? It's time somebody did Hanna-Barbera right", that's probably still a win.

And if these books are HALF as good as DC's modern MOTU output, I'll be happy. I agree we didn't need Dark Orko in our lives, but which series was built around him? The DCU crossover. DC is not an innately terrible publisher; they just (currently) make awful, awful decisions when it comes to the DCU. Plenty of their licensed/Vertigo/etc output is decent or great.

WsuGTl1.jpg

#31 LBD "Nytetrayn"

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Quyzbuk

• Supporter
  • 18723 posts

Posted 29 January 2016 - 06:17 AM

Anyone else completely unable to take Brak seriously, spear or no spear?

Moltar or Zorak, sure, they kind of had some sort of mean intent, but Brak? He's forever singing "Whatever Happened to the Water?" in my mind.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gif0g9jaoG.gifuWt4fLV.gif

#32 Confuzor

Confuzor

They put em in Smash Bros!!!!

• Supporter
  • 8092 posts

Posted 29 January 2016 - 11:47 AM

For me its "I Love you,Baby".

A handful of years ago there was an interesting Space Ghost reboot mini series. I'd love to see something more along those lines. The art was gorgeous (I can't remember who it was but it had a solid painterly feel. With Alex Ross covers) and an interesting take on Zorak. He was a hive-mind swarm with an appointed leader until that one was killed, then another would step up and be the new leader. Kind of a cute way of addressing the various outfit changes he went through that Coast to Coast poked fun at.

#33 Fero McPigletron

Fero McPigletron

Not a Maverick! Maybe.

• Citizen
  • 8828 posts

Posted 29 January 2016 - 12:05 PM

Brak always made me think of Swat Kats cuz of his suit.

It'd be nice if at least Future Quest lasts for 3 years plus. I'm sure the others will only last a year or so.

FWXOT0z.gif

TOY DRAMA THEATER!

1 minute of (minimal) lights, (steady) camera and...  ACTION FIGURES! (mostly Transformers) - Episode 031: Combiners and chest envy 

Episodes here

#34 Cattleprod

Cattleprod
  • Citizen
  • 2348 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 29 January 2016 - 12:35 PM

I'm the last guy you're going to find wanting to defend DC, but it's waaaaay too early to label this a trainwreck.

I can't even judge the Scooby Doo art, since there's no way in hell Jim Lee will draw a single interior page of that and who knows what the real artist will do?

#35 Maruten

Maruten
  • Staff
  • 7352 posts

Posted 29 January 2016 - 03:12 PM

Ariel Olivetti did that Space Ghost mini I think, with Joe Kelly. So another good team.

I read it but it doesn't seem to have left much of an impression. It's hard to imagine that being the case with Future Quest!

WsuGTl1.jpg

#36 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 17428 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 17 May 2016 - 08:36 PM

This looks like something I absolutely dreamed of as a kid. I remember sitting around trying to imagine the origin of the Herculoids. Can not wait. :)

http://comicsallianc...uest-interview/

-ZacWilliam, I mean the family lived like cavemen on a primitive planet but all these super advanced space people both good and bad knew them personally and knew of the Herculoids unmatched power and I want to know why...
Ever wonder about the speed of Turbofoxes?
Or the proverbial ailerons of Titanium Moosebots?

*Visit the one and only Cybertronic Bestiary.
For a mechazoologic tour of the mechanimals of Cybertron.

#37 Maruten

Maruten
  • Staff
  • 7352 posts

Posted 17 May 2016 - 09:16 PM

I had no idea the book was so close. 

I'm all for (pretty much) anything that brings attention to classic HB characters, so I'm pretty keen to check out this whole line.

WsuGTl1.jpg

#38 Shadewing

Shadewing

Artichoke of Misery

• Supporter
  • 36545 posts

Posted 17 May 2016 - 09:46 PM

Okay, so not only is Space Ghost the Batman of the series; he was previously part of a Green Lantern-esque space corps,

3DS Friend Code: 0387-9040-3532

Twitch Channel

Youtube Replays

VOTE for what I play on 8/30!

Friday: Sonic Generations - Sunday: Transformers WFC - Tuesday: Little Inferno

#39 D Buster Prime

D Buster Prime

Timeout. Do I convert?

• Retired Staff
  • 26131 posts

Posted 17 May 2016 - 10:23 PM

Where's my Blue Falcon?! He's the HB Batman! He's got the rich playboy thing going on already.

C'mon!!!!

Grrrrr....

VOTE FOR SIDEWAYS:

He's on your side...except when he isn't!

Z7ACRD0.jpg

Spoiler

#40 Shadewing

Shadewing

Artichoke of Misery

• Supporter
  • 36545 posts

Posted 17 May 2016 - 10:27 PM

Where's my Blue Falcon?! He's the HB Batman! He's got the rich playboy thing going on already.

C'mon!!!!

Grrrrr....

I'd prefer he'd be less of Batman, mostly becuase every modern take tends to make him into boring brooding serious Batman, when he needs to be more Adam West or maybe Brave and the Bold Batman.

3DS Friend Code: 0387-9040-3532

Twitch Channel

Youtube Replays

VOTE for what I play on 8/30!

Friday: Sonic Generations - Sunday: Transformers WFC - Tuesday: Little Inferno

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users