Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Benbot : (23 July 2019 - 10:04 AM)

That does sound like fun.

@  Dekafox : (23 July 2019 - 09:35 AM)

Fun note: in the US(at least), by default if someone has your routing number and account number off a check, they can pull as much money out as they want with nothing you can do about it until after the fact.

@  Paladin : (23 July 2019 - 07:23 AM)

anything burns if it gets hot enough.

@  Benbot : (23 July 2019 - 07:12 AM)

That's why you should keep your under-the-bed money in gold and silver--that won't burn!

@  NotVeryKnightly : (23 July 2019 - 05:34 AM)

https://www.bbc.com/worklife/article/20171003-proof-that-people-have-always-complained-about-young-adults

@  PlutoniumBoss : (23 July 2019 - 02:24 AM)

Disparaging the youth has been a pastime for thousands of years. Pretty much every society we have writing from has some version of "kids these days" at some point.

@  Maximus Ambus : (23 July 2019 - 02:21 AM)

Numfar! dance of pain.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (23 July 2019 - 01:49 AM)

If the USA vanished from Earth prior to millennials (later to be joined by Generation Z) coming of age, would the global community have the same magnitude of disparaging upon youths as a pastime because old boomers are insecure about their inability to handle new technology?

@  Ashley : (23 July 2019 - 12:02 AM)

This wasn't that, this was a "we don't trust banks!" thing

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (22 July 2019 - 11:57 PM)

Well I know when I first got my back pay for disability, some of the paperwork said I couldn't have so much in the bank after 30 days...so I had to take out a huge chunk of cash.

@  Ashley : (22 July 2019 - 11:53 PM)

I know a family who lost thousands of dollars in a house fire because they were literally keeping it under the bed. Don't underestimate the USA's luddism.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (22 July 2019 - 10:39 PM)

The US is filled with people LITERALLY proud of their ignorance of tech. Don't expect the US to be a major power in the next 30 years.

@  Pennpenn : (22 July 2019 - 10:25 PM)

Most people in Australia that I've heard of use electronic transactions for rent (and similar things). I mean, doubtless there are some people who use cash for various reasons of varying levels of ethics, but most require electronic transfers.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (22 July 2019 - 09:22 PM)

But I don't understand Paladin's premise of "allowing the landlord access to one's bank account". I'm pretty sure I have acquaintances who pay monthly by check or automated bank transfer.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (22 July 2019 - 09:15 PM)

I know many lower-end restaurants in the USA take cash only as a probable method of tax evasion. Perhaps that is why some landlords do as well. Alternatively, such people demand cash upfront because they have thin profit margins or whatever and are too afraid of spending the time and effort to pursue someone whose check or electronic payment bounced.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (22 July 2019 - 09:14 PM)

@Nevermore The USA is a place where lots of people can proliferate at being technologically behind. e.g. almost no one accepts or pays by contactless yet despite the inherent security of the process. And by having a population of over 300 million we can generate large quantities of believers in the Luddite fallacy and such.

@  TM2-Megatron : (22 July 2019 - 07:59 PM)

I pay by credit card whenever possible for the rewards/points, but utilities don't usually allow that so those I just pay through the online bill payment feature rather than mess around with pre-authorizations

@  TM2-Megatron : (22 July 2019 - 07:57 PM)

Most monthly or whatever payments are done electronically around here, I think. Mine certainly are. Whether by pre-authorized debit, an e-transfer (transfer from one bank account to another), or your bank's online bill payment system/database

@  Nevermore : (22 July 2019 - 07:04 PM)

If I overpaid, it may take several months for them to pay me back the difference. If I underpaid, they're very quick with demanding the difference.

@  Nevermore : (22 July 2019 - 07:03 PM)

Meanwhile, I can write a tax report, but since the employer already deduced the standard legal taxes from my monthly payment, the tax report is also mostly just to let the tax authority determine if I underpaid or overpaid.

@  Nevermore : (22 July 2019 - 07:02 PM)

Based on my average costs for the year, they will then calculate the estimated monthly costs for the upcoming year.

@  Nevermore : (22 July 2019 - 07:01 PM)

At the end of the year, the power company will send me an annual invoice which shows if I overpaid or underpaid. If I overpaid, the difference may just be deduced from my December bill.

@  Nevermore : (22 July 2019 - 06:59 PM)

I also pay my monthly gas and electricity bills that way.

@  Nevermore : (22 July 2019 - 06:59 PM)

It's funny. Here in Germany, many people still pay cash in stores, restaurants etc. (the staff usually asks "cash or wireless?"), but many regular payments are handled wirelessly and automatically.

@  Nevermore : (22 July 2019 - 06:57 PM)

Around the same time, I get sent a slip from payroll that lists my gross income, all the deductions and the net income, i.e. the final transaction sum.

@  Nevermore : (22 July 2019 - 06:56 PM)

My monthly payment from my employer is wirelessly transferred to my bank account. Taxes, health insurance, unemployment insurance and social security fees are calculated by the payroll department, handled by the employer, and I just get paid the rest after taxes and everything.

@  Paladin : (22 July 2019 - 06:55 PM)

yes. you're assuming US employers would pay fairly & take fairly.

@  Telly : (22 July 2019 - 06:55 PM)

we dont get paid on a monthly basis, if thats what you mean. i myself get paid every 2 weeks. some are every week. and if im telling you something you already know, just ignore me...

@  Nevermore : (22 July 2019 - 06:54 PM)

Which I assume doesn't work that way in the US either?

@  Nevermore : (22 July 2019 - 06:53 PM)

That way you may time the transaction with your monthly payment from your employer.

@  Nevermore : (22 July 2019 - 06:52 PM)

You don't need to give the landlord access to anything. You go to your bank, show the clerk your bank account card, give them the landlord's bank details, tell them the exact amount of the rent and which day of the month the transaction should happen, sign the order, and you're done.

@  Paladin : (22 July 2019 - 06:49 PM)

most Americans wouldn't trust a landlord with access to their bank account.

@  Nevermore : (22 July 2019 - 06:47 PM)

Do people in other countries really still pay their landlords in cash? Here in Germany, it's very common to have the payment as an automated bank transaction on a set day of the month, so if the payment is late, it's either the bank's fault, or there's not enough money on the bank account.

@  Paladin : (22 July 2019 - 05:46 PM)

meanwhile some of us are trying to calculate if they'll have a spare forty bucks at the end of the week for some food...

@  unluckiness : (22 July 2019 - 07:20 AM)

At least I can see where the 600 US bucks is going in this case. The MP line looks more ridiculous by the day.

@  Maximus Ambus : (22 July 2019 - 07:09 AM)

It's ridiculous. I'll stick to Armadacron

@  unluckiness : (22 July 2019 - 06:13 AM)

If anything, shipping is going to make the actual toy's price look affordable.

@  Pennpenn : (22 July 2019 - 02:28 AM)

Its like, $550 ish in US money (so probably about $800 for my Australian self) and is taller than TR Fort Max. He's gonna be a hefty boy.

@  TM2-Megatron : (21 July 2019 - 10:05 PM)

Damn, that Unicron looks big. Not gonna be cheap

@  wonko the sane? : (21 July 2019 - 09:09 PM)

"By the way, your landlord called. Something about being late with the rent."

@  Nevermore : (21 July 2019 - 04:09 PM)

"Hi there, I'm Unicron. Your husband ordered me."

@  unluckiness : (21 July 2019 - 09:04 AM)

"Perhaps I misjudged you. Proceed on your way to the couch."

@  Donocropolis : (21 July 2019 - 07:33 AM)

I'm just afraid of what my wife would do to me if it showed up at our door.

@  TheMightyMol... : (21 July 2019 - 01:23 AM)

Giant Robot Satan has that effect on people.

@  Ashley : (21 July 2019 - 12:31 AM)

So, I might not be able to get Hasbro Pulse Unicron because my mother is afraid of it

@  Pennpenn : (20 July 2019 - 09:58 PM)

But that's neither here nor there.

@  TheMightyMol... : (20 July 2019 - 06:57 PM)

Six of one, half-dozen of the other.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (20 July 2019 - 05:13 PM)

Both maybe?

@  Benbot : (20 July 2019 - 04:44 PM)

Do you need a criminal lawyer or a criminal, lawyer.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (20 July 2019 - 10:40 AM)

I don't suppose the allspark has any criminal lawyers from Georgia. ;P

Photo
* * * * * 4 votes

Titans Returns General Discussion Thread - Trypticon $49.99 at Ollie's, page 611

12460 replies to this topic

#9601 NotVeryKnightly

NotVeryKnightly
  • Staff
  • 22283 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 20 June 2017 - 11:29 AM

That Primitive Skateboarding collaboration redeco of Powermaster Optimus Prime we saw before is apparently an SDCC exclusive.
https://hypebeast.co...ng-transformers

I'm confused. It says the source is an Allspark article from earlier this month but that didn't mention what this is exclusive to. It also says they got the images from someone on Weibo, so this doesn't seem to be a Hasbro press release.

Edited by NotVeryKnightly, 20 June 2017 - 11:30 AM.

#9602 LV!

LV!

A tendency to speak in jest

• Citizen
  • 17273 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 11:48 AM

Shreddicus Maximus is the hero we deserve.

#9603 Sabrblade

Sabrblade
  • Citizen
  • 28151 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 20 June 2017 - 11:55 AM

That is the snazziest Nucleon Quest Super Convoy has ever looked! Radical!

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#9604 Cattleprod

Cattleprod
  • Citizen
  • 2303 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 20 June 2017 - 11:55 AM

His bio better have some sort of reference to Call of the Primitives.

#9605 ExVee

ExVee

That Kup, he is a Chear

• Supporter
  • 9359 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 12:01 PM

I'm confused. It says the source is an Allspark article from earlier this month but that didn't mention what this is exclusive to. It also says they got the images from someone on Weibo, so this doesn't seem to be a Hasbro press release.

With two previously unseen photos with no Weibo watermarks, I'm inclined to think the origin of all of this is an official release, but probably under embargo. And they're just skirting that by acting like they're reposting info from an earlier source even though they're just paraphrasing it out of the PR sheet. I have nothing to back that up, but it fits what we can see right now.

#9606 Nevermore

Nevermore

Unionized and proud of it.

• Supporter
  • 12826 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 20 June 2017 - 12:05 PM

That Primitive Skateboarding collaboration redeco of Powermaster Optimus Prime we saw before is apparently an SDCC exclusive.
https://hypebeast.co...ng-transformers

But the robot mode photo and the photo of the ramp were not part of the Weibo leak... And none of these photos have those obligatory Weibo watermarks...

Are they just being hyper-attentive and reference all previous news about this figure?

Edited by Nevermore, 20 June 2017 - 12:09 PM.

"'[Foreigners] at least need to be able to speak proper German.' Okay, what the hell is that supposed to be? Proper German'? Where do they speak that? Have you ever been there? Are you German? Can you engage in a conversation in a Swabian pub? Most people from Cologne already fail at asking for directions in the Eifel region."
- Volker Pispers, German comedian

#9607 SpectrumBelle

SpectrumBelle
  • Citizen
  • 68 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 20 June 2017 - 12:24 PM

What a snazzy boy. I hope he's not too hard to get a hold of after the event.

#9608 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 65139 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 20 June 2017 - 12:31 PM

Wow!  :o  That's the best that PM OP mold has ever looked.  Fantastic that it actually comes with a hoverboard for Shreddicus Maximus, and it's the same as the one Daniel rode in TF:TM to boot!

ACItEK8.png

#9609 Dracula

Dracula

IT'S MYSTERIOUS PARTY WITH DRACULA

• Retired Staff
  • 4657 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 12:57 PM

Up on the front page.

I thought the BAPE versions of MP Prime or maybe Eva Prime were the weirdest exclusive Primes, but this one might top them for WTF factor.

5140629382_7d653c135f.jpg

ALL OF TREASURES

#9610 Spark

Spark
  • Citizen
  • 38716 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 12:58 PM

BAPE tops it just by being incredibly lame.  Eva probably always wins the WTF fight, though.

Fall of Cybertron will blow your mind. That is all.

#9611 Dave Zero1

Dave Zero1
  • Citizen
  • 2430 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 20 June 2017 - 01:17 PM

Sweet! Assuming SDCC exclucives are shared at other conventions again this year, I'll gladly pick up one at fanexpo this September. 

#9612 Dave Zero1

Dave Zero1
  • Citizen
  • 2430 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 20 June 2017 - 01:21 PM

WAIT A MINUTE!

THAT'S DANIEL'S HOVERBOARD FROM TFTM!

http%3A%2F%2Fhypebeast.com%2Fimage%2F201hoverboard-1200x800.jpg?width=960

Edited by Dave Zero1, 20 June 2017 - 01:22 PM.

#9613 Blacknife

Blacknife

Never heard of it; never will

• Citizen
  • 5750 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 01:22 PM

Ramp and board make must get.

#9614 Gizmoboy

Gizmoboy

I live to serve

• Administrator
  • 10032 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 20 June 2017 - 01:32 PM

It would give me a chance to own the Hasbro version of this mold.  I wonder if I can cover the Autobot symbols with Decepticon stickers.

#9615 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 65139 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 02:00 PM

Wow!  :o  That's the best that PM OP mold has ever looked.  Fantastic that it actually comes with a hoverboard for Shreddicus Maximus, and it's the same as the one Daniel rode in TF:TM to boot!

WAIT A MINUTE!

THAT'S DANIEL'S HOVERBOARD FROM TFTM!

http%3A%2F%2Fhypebeast.com%2Fimage%2F201hoverboard-1200x800.jpg?width=960

Yup.  :)

ACItEK8.png

#9616 Twilight Noisemaze

Twilight Noisemaze
  • Citizen
  • 198 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 20 June 2017 - 02:02 PM

This ... is the best use of this figure isn't it....
I want it

#9617 M Sipher

M Sipher

All hail Newmie.

• Citizen
  • 12473 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 02:08 PM

Welp, I wanted this already, and now I MUST OWN IT.

M "Will I Be In SD By Then, And Will I Want To Suffer SDCC For This?" Sipher

The ISLE OF RANGOON - Advantures in Learning and Sarcasm!
Holy crap Sipher has a Tumblr apparently!
http://www.tfwiki.net - We left Wikia before it was cool to do so!

"I don't know whether it's a new thing, but it's certainly a current thing, in that it doesn't seem to matter what facts are. It used to be, everyone was entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts."
- Stephen Colbert

#9618 Chip

Chip

Machine Saurer, my strength / Only you can understand my heart.

• Citizen
  • 8029 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 02:09 PM

I wonder if that board mold's intended for other uses. An Arcee/Daniel titan Master would be pretty nice.

#9619 Dracula

Dracula

IT'S MYSTERIOUS PARTY WITH DRACULA

• Retired Staff
  • 4657 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 02:21 PM

OK wiki people, here are the official backstory deets from Hasbro via a press release we just got:

Before OPTIMUS PRIME was blasting DECEPTICONS in battle, he was greasing the wheels of his skateboard with fellow skater, SHREDDICUS MAXIMUS. Shredding rad gnar on the boardwalks of the Senti Rust Pier, they up their street cred while nailing down their signature trick, the Null-Ray-Ray, annihilating the competition into mere grime… Now get ready for the gnarliest TRANSFORMERS stunt of the 21st century… TRANSFORMERS has worked with Primitive Skateboarding, the company founded by legendary skateboarder, Paul Rodriguez, to roll out this special edition TRANSFORMERS PRIMITIVE OPTIMUS PRIME Figure convention exclusive. Co-designed by Paul, the figure features Primitive Skate’s classic black and gold colors for a more sophisticated and on-brand look. To up the skateboarding theme, the figure is placed in premium Primitive Skate-inspired packaging that mimics a “skate shoe” box featuring grip-tape inspired texture. As the ultimate twist, the pack features rail, ramp and hover board accessories!

You heard it here. Orion Pax was a skateboardin' dude with 'tude.

Edited by Dracula, 20 June 2017 - 02:22 PM.

5140629382_7d653c135f.jpg

ALL OF TREASURES

#9620 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 17083 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 02:29 PM

OK wiki people, here are the official backstory deets from Hasbro via a press release we just got:

Before OPTIMUS PRIME was blasting DECEPTICONS in battle, he was greasing the wheels of his skateboard with fellow skater, SHREDDICUS MAXIMUS. Shredding rad gnar on the boardwalks of the Senti Rust Pier, they up their street cred while nailing down their signature trick, the Null-Ray-Ray, annihilating the competition into mere grime Now get ready for the gnarliest TRANSFORMERS stunt of the 21st century TRANSFORMERS has worked with Primitive Skateboarding, the company founded by legendary skateboarder, Paul Rodriguez, to roll out this special edition TRANSFORMERS PRIMITIVE OPTIMUS PRIME Figure convention exclusive. Co-designed by Paul, the figure features Primitive Skates classic black and gold colors for a more sophisticated and on-brand look. To up the skateboarding theme, the figure is placed in premium Primitive Skate-inspired packaging that mimics a skate shoe box featuring grip-tape inspired texture. As the ultimate twist, the pack features rail, ramp and hover board accessories!

You heard it here. Orion Pax was a skateboardin' dude with 'tude.

So now we know who the Titan Master with the Orion Pax Kup repaint must be - and this one is Middle Age slacker skater sleeps in his old friend's cabin and doubles as his head during the day Shreddicus.

-ZacWilliam, which is why this Prime has the Helmet head, cause you never know when Shreddicus will actually show up to crash with Prime...

Edited by ZacWilliam1, 20 June 2017 - 02:47 PM.

Ever wonder about the speed of Turbofoxes?
Or the proverbial ailerons of Titanium Moosebots?

*Visit the one and only Cybertronic Bestiary.
For a mechazoologic tour of the mechanimals of Cybertron.

Reply to this topic

11 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 11 guests, 0 anonymous users