Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  fourteenwings : (22 November 2019 - 07:32 AM)

"any employer-initiated termination can be countered with a wrongful termination lawsuit within three weeks" By golly gee I do wonder why employers are so keen to make sure they don't get sued.

@  Nevermore : (22 November 2019 - 07:01 AM)

It's basically the same as someone tricking you into signing a contract you have no need for. Smart employees with balls just respond to such an offer with "You want to terminate me? For what reason exactly?"

@  Nevermore : (22 November 2019 - 07:00 AM)

And on average, a wrongful termination lawsuit, though more of a strain for the employee, will often result in better conditions (worst case: a settlement fee; best case: employment reinstated by the court) than whatever nonsense the employer is putting in the termination agreement.

@  Nevermore : (22 November 2019 - 06:58 AM)

That's obviously complete bull. Under German law, any employer-initiated termination can be countered with a wrongful termination lawsuit within three weeks. A termination agreement... is a binding contract.

@  Nevermore : (22 November 2019 - 06:57 AM)

A very nasty tactic by many German employers: Inviting an employee to a talk out of the blue, suggesting that things don't look good and a termination (for whatever reason) is about to happen, but they're being "nice" and offer the employee a termination agreement to end the working relationship on "good terms".

@  Ashley : (22 November 2019 - 02:12 AM)

what manufacturer is that? I'm trying to find a US source

@  Steevy Maximus : (21 November 2019 - 10:22 PM)

https://www.smythstoys.com/uk/en-gb/toys/action-figures-and-playsets/other-action-figures-and-playsets/alien-queen/p/185041

@  Steevy Maximus : (21 November 2019 - 10:22 PM)

I've already found the best toy of 2020: a foot tall, fully articulated (20 points) Alien Queen for a fraction of what Neca or anyone else would charge

@  Telly : (21 November 2019 - 09:46 PM)

no minerva toys until i get my devcon :p

@  NotVeryKnightly : (21 November 2019 - 08:28 PM)

Paladin keeps saying this every time they reveal another toy of an early character, including the first Earthrise reveals even though that had Micromasters.

@  TheMightyMol... : (21 November 2019 - 03:20 PM)

I'll concede the Titan Masters, but Magnus Prime is an existing mold, Liokaiser is a set of repaints, and Metalhawk is a repaint and prominently featured in IDW.

@  Cyoti : (21 November 2019 - 12:14 PM)

And Ginrai aka "Magnus Prime, Metalhawk, "Liokaiser", etc. The real characters that Warden actually doesn't know about are the late EuroUK characters like the Turbomasters/Predators

@  Sabrblade : (21 November 2019 - 11:06 AM)

Warden and Friends did give us a Lione (Sawback) and a Shuffler

@  TheMightyMol... : (21 November 2019 - 07:26 AM)

Or prominently featured in IDW, or an easy repaint of an existing toy.

@  Paladin : (21 November 2019 - 07:12 AM)

was she in the first 3 seasons of the cartoon? If not then she's on no one's list because they don't think she exists.

@  Cyoti : (20 November 2019 - 11:23 PM)

It's probably stuck on the low priority end of Warden's to-do list.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (20 November 2019 - 10:45 PM)

Because the only full-body Nightbeat was that Bumblebee with a new head one.

@  Bass X0 : (20 November 2019 - 04:14 PM)

Why has there been no new Minerva toys? I’m surprised at Takara. The Titan Master head doesn’t count.

@  Maximus Ambus : (20 November 2019 - 01:05 PM)

On my shelf I have Ginrai donning the Star Convoy armor.

@  Liege : (19 November 2019 - 07:42 AM)

That he is.

@  Benbot : (18 November 2019 - 04:01 PM)

And a good boy

@  Liege : (18 November 2019 - 09:19 AM)

Hound is at least a very good toy.

@  ThunderWear : (18 November 2019 - 09:11 AM)

Hound is the only other one that even comes close to Chromia in my area, and he ships in two separate waves.

@  Liege : (18 November 2019 - 08:58 AM)

This might be how they finally get rid of all the Chromias. I've not seen a shelfwarmer like that in ages.

@  RichardT1977 : (17 November 2019 - 08:26 PM)

It's a good deal if you want a full set of Refraktor (and if they have them at your location)

@  TheMightyMol... : (17 November 2019 - 04:43 PM)

Here we can buy two and get one free, but at least two of them are gonna be the same toy, because lol distribution.

@  Bass X0 : (17 November 2019 - 01:01 PM)

In the U.K., it’s more like you but two, you only get one given how expensive they are.

@  RichardT1977 : (17 November 2019 - 11:38 AM)

Transformers are Buy 2 Get 1 free at Target this week.

@  Bass X0 : (17 November 2019 - 04:29 AM)

2019 has been one long South Park episode.

@  Sjogre : (16 November 2019 - 10:46 PM)

Okay, that actually sounds pretty fun.

@  Maximus Ambus : (15 November 2019 - 12:49 PM)

It was set in the forties, featured Nazi's as the villains and had Kiko fight mostly Ice Age animals and a mythical dragon that now ruled the island guarding Kongs treasure.

@  Paladin : (15 November 2019 - 11:37 AM)

and it was ALSO eleven hours long.

@  Maximus Ambus : (15 November 2019 - 10:55 AM)

In a alternate reality Peter Jackson made Son of Kong.

@  wonko the sane? : (15 November 2019 - 09:30 AM)

To be fair to boba: everyone else to go into the sarlacc was a sacrifice. Stripped almost naked and tossed, and didn't have body armor, a jetpack and a weapon.

@  TheMightyMol... : (15 November 2019 - 06:54 AM)

Nah, he just has to keep up his plot insurance payments so he can shoot his way out of the Sarlacc again.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (15 November 2019 - 02:59 AM)

Funny, but everyone knows he bounty hunts for Jabba Hutt to finance his 'Vette.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (15 November 2019 - 02:54 AM)

Okay.. Not sure why.. but streaming is harder than jsut playing the game.. even though that's pretty much what I was doing.

@  Xellos : (14 November 2019 - 06:47 PM)

What type of vehicle does Boba Fett use for time travel? A Man-DeLorean.

@  TM2-Megatron : (14 November 2019 - 03:55 PM)

Admittedly, it's been a long time since I've been to a walk-in clinic, as I tend not to get sick (and the one time I do every 4-5 years, I prefer just riding it out at home), but the last time I went I'm pretty sure you could just show up, no appointment. It may be different in Quebec,though

@  Nevermore : (14 November 2019 - 02:36 PM)

One thing to note about health insurance in Germany is that we have a two-class system: mandatory health insurance is basically the economy class, while private health insurance is the business class.

@  Nevermore : (14 November 2019 - 02:32 PM)

My local doctor is actually a shared office with several doctors where you will get randomly assigned to one of the doctors available that day.

@  Nevermore : (14 November 2019 - 02:30 PM)

Also, employers are required by law to cover part of their employees' health insurance fees, so I only have to pay my part.

@  Nevermore : (14 November 2019 - 02:28 PM)

Basic examinations and sick notes (known as "work-inability certificates" in Germany) for the employer are covered by our health insurances by default.

@  TheMightyMol... : (14 November 2019 - 12:02 PM)

Around here, we can go to a walk-in clinic whenever, but might have to wait in the queue until there's a doctor available, which can take hours on a busy day. And then hope our insurance will cover anything.

@  wonko the sane? : (14 November 2019 - 07:38 AM)

There actually are a good number of clinics around here: but the walk ins require an appointment (what?) and are only done once a week. IF you can get an appointment, you see a doctor usually within 40 minutes, but good luck getting the appointment.

@  Nevermore : (14 November 2019 - 03:35 AM)

Depending on the day.

@  Nevermore : (14 November 2019 - 03:35 AM)

We have family doctors (called "house doctors") with regular office hours where you may need an hour or two of waiting time.

@  TM2-Megatron : (14 November 2019 - 12:50 AM)

Two weeks? That seems a little long; are there not a lot of walk-in clinics around you?

@  wonko the sane? : (13 November 2019 - 07:01 PM)

Does germany make it quick and easy to see a doctor too? Cause an emergency doctor visit can take two weeks out here, and an emergency ROOM visit can take 18-24 hours.

@  Nevermore : (13 November 2019 - 06:43 PM)

(Good thing is, under German law, if you call in sick during your vacation and see a doctor immediately, you get to keep your vacation days.)

Photo
* * * * * 4 votes

Titans Returns General Discussion Thread - Trypticon $49.99 at Ollie's, page 611

12448 replies to this topic

#9581 Betty Nor

Betty Nor
  • Citizen
  • 7762 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 10:10 AM

I wouldn't be surprised if the Beast Wars bit was using the copyright to retain it for future use if a certain MP Beast Wars character (or two) is imported and sold at ToysRus.

#9582 NotVeryKnightly

NotVeryKnightly
  • Staff
  • 22914 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 20 June 2017 - 10:14 AM

It's trademarks that need maintaining. Copyright lasts for really, really long.

#9583 Spark

Spark
  • Citizen
  • 39159 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 11:07 AM

"Magnus Prime" being a City Commander with missile launchers really makes me wonder how late the decision to make him Ginrai happened.

Pretty late, methinks.  Which lines up with when Takara would have finished their Ginrai retooling.

Fall of Cybertron will blow your mind. That is all.

#9584 Nevermore

Nevermore

Unionized and proud of it.

• Supporter
  • 12969 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 20 June 2017 - 11:16 AM

That Primitive Skateboarding collaboration redeco of Powermaster Optimus Prime we saw before is apparently an SDCC exclusive.
https://hypebeast.co...ng-transformers

Weird. They credit the Allspark as the original source, but link a news story about the leaked pics?

Edited by Nevermore, 20 June 2017 - 11:28 AM.

"'[Foreigners] at least need to be able to speak proper German.' Okay, what the hell is that supposed to be? Proper German'? Where do they speak that? Have you ever been there? Are you German? Can you engage in a conversation in a Swabian pub? Most people from Cologne already fail at asking for directions in the Eifel region."
- Volker Pispers, German comedian

#9585 Thylacine 2000

Thylacine 2000

Charismatic Megafauna

• Citizen
  • 16880 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 11:20 AM

I demand to see this hoverboard. It's Leader-scaled?

#9586 Spark

Spark
  • Citizen
  • 39159 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 11:22 AM

So that's two SDCC reveals thus far?  Voyager TF5 Prime and Primitive Prime.

#9587 Walky

Walky

King Kong Aventure Fudge

• Citizen
  • 40538 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 20 June 2017 - 11:28 AM

I demand to see this hoverboard. It's Leader-scaled?

http%3A%2F%2Fhypebeast.com%2Fimage%2F201

#9588 NotVeryKnightly

NotVeryKnightly
  • Staff
  • 22914 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 20 June 2017 - 11:29 AM

That Primitive Skateboarding collaboration redeco of Powermaster Optimus Prime we saw before is apparently an SDCC exclusive.

I'm confused. It says the source is an Allspark article from earlier this month but that didn't mention what this is exclusive to. It also says they got the images from someone on Weibo, so this doesn't seem to be a Hasbro press release.

Edited by NotVeryKnightly, 20 June 2017 - 11:30 AM.

#9589 LV!

LV!

A tendency to speak in jest

• Citizen
  • 17747 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 11:48 AM

Shreddicus Maximus is the hero we deserve.

#9590 Sabrblade

Sabrblade
  • Citizen
  • 29031 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 20 June 2017 - 11:55 AM

That is the snazziest Nucleon Quest Super Convoy has ever looked! Radical!

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#9591 Cattleprod

Cattleprod
  • Citizen
  • 2338 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 20 June 2017 - 11:55 AM

His bio better have some sort of reference to Call of the Primitives.

#9592 ExVee

ExVee

That Kup, he is a Chear

• Supporter
  • 9359 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 12:01 PM

I'm confused. It says the source is an Allspark article from earlier this month but that didn't mention what this is exclusive to. It also says they got the images from someone on Weibo, so this doesn't seem to be a Hasbro press release.

With two previously unseen photos with no Weibo watermarks, I'm inclined to think the origin of all of this is an official release, but probably under embargo. And they're just skirting that by acting like they're reposting info from an earlier source even though they're just paraphrasing it out of the PR sheet. I have nothing to back that up, but it fits what we can see right now.

#9593 Nevermore

Nevermore

Unionized and proud of it.

• Supporter
  • 12969 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 12:05 PM

But the robot mode photo and the photo of the ramp were not part of the Weibo leak... And none of these photos have those obligatory Weibo watermarks...

Are they just being hyper-attentive and reference all previous news about this figure?

Edited by Nevermore, 20 June 2017 - 12:09 PM.

"'[Foreigners] at least need to be able to speak proper German.' Okay, what the hell is that supposed to be? Proper German'? Where do they speak that? Have you ever been there? Are you German? Can you engage in a conversation in a Swabian pub? Most people from Cologne already fail at asking for directions in the Eifel region."
- Volker Pispers, German comedian

#9594 SpectrumBelle

SpectrumBelle
  • Citizen
  • 68 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 20 June 2017 - 12:24 PM

What a snazzy boy. I hope he's not too hard to get a hold of after the event.

#9595 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 66034 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 20 June 2017 - 12:31 PM

Wow!  :o  That's the best that PM OP mold has ever looked.  Fantastic that it actually comes with a hoverboard for Shreddicus Maximus, and it's the same as the one Daniel rode in TF:TM to boot!

ACItEK8.png

#9596 Dracula

Dracula

IT'S MYSTERIOUS PARTY WITH DRACULA

• Retired Staff
  • 4720 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 12:57 PM

Up on the front page.

I thought the BAPE versions of MP Prime or maybe Eva Prime were the weirdest exclusive Primes, but this one might top them for WTF factor.

5140629382_7d653c135f.jpg

ALL OF TREASURES

#9597 Spark

Spark
  • Citizen
  • 39159 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 12:58 PM

BAPE tops it just by being incredibly lame.  Eva probably always wins the WTF fight, though.

#9598 Dave Zero1

Dave Zero1
  • Citizen
  • 2488 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 20 June 2017 - 01:17 PM

Sweet! Assuming SDCC exclucives are shared at other conventions again this year, I'll gladly pick up one at fanexpo this September. 

#9599 Dave Zero1

Dave Zero1
  • Citizen
  • 2488 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 20 June 2017 - 01:21 PM

WAIT A MINUTE!

THAT'S DANIEL'S HOVERBOARD FROM TFTM!

http%3A%2F%2Fhypebeast.com%2Fimage%2F201hoverboard-1200x800.jpg?width=960

Edited by Dave Zero1, 20 June 2017 - 01:22 PM.

#9600 Blacknife

Blacknife

Never heard of it; never will

• Citizen
  • 5799 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 01:22 PM

Ramp and board make must get.

Reply to this topic

10 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 10 guests, 0 anonymous users