Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  TheMightyMol... : (19 June 2019 - 05:44 PM)

They make a lot of pills for that.

@  Nevermore : (19 June 2019 - 05:42 PM)

I got the results of the test back. I definitely have no sense of humor.

@  Paladin : (18 June 2019 - 05:59 PM)

so anyway how is your sex life?

@  TheMightyMol... : (18 June 2019 - 10:50 AM)

These jokes are tearing me apart.

@  unluckiness : (18 June 2019 - 08:55 AM)

Only if the customer reviews give it all high marks.

@  Patch : (18 June 2019 - 04:42 AM)

Are they going to call it "I-Did-Nawtflix?"

@  unluckiness : (18 June 2019 - 12:48 AM)

I see, so what the world needs is a Tommy Wiseau streaming service.

@  TM2-Megatron : (17 June 2019 - 11:02 PM)

Well, Conan did start the trend that resulted in a wave of Barbarian films in the mid to late 80s

@  MEDdMI : (17 June 2019 - 10:57 PM)

I keep wanting to read Corman as Conan

@  TM2-Megatron : (17 June 2019 - 10:29 PM)

There needs to be some streaming service that caters to connoisseurs of schlock. Otherwise, a huge part of our cultural history will be wiped away. While many of these films are available on blu-ray, with more coming out each month, it's good they're also available for the streaming crowd.

@  TM2-Megatron : (17 June 2019 - 10:18 PM)

Corman did make an impressive number of barbarian films back in the day. If impressive is the word

@  Steevy Maximus : (17 June 2019 - 08:11 PM)

I mean, where else are you going to see the entire Roger Corman barbarian fantasy library (legally) for free?

@  Steevy Maximus : (17 June 2019 - 08:09 PM)

Oh Tubi TV, you are a haven for terrible films. Netflix, Hulu and Crackle all push for mainstream appeal and prestige, you got the guts to have ready access to dregs even the SyFy channel wouldn't air

@  ▲ndrusi : (17 June 2019 - 01:33 PM)

Also you have Bayonetta and a bunch of Fire Emblem people.

@  ▲ndrusi : (17 June 2019 - 01:33 PM)

...I mean, Tales character. Probably up to/for it.

@  TheMightyMol... : (17 June 2019 - 01:26 PM)

But what if I need to kill a god? Or several of them?

@  ▲ndrusi : (17 June 2019 - 11:25 AM)

Kratos is allowed, but only the one from Tales of Symphonia

@  TheMightyMol... : (17 June 2019 - 10:56 AM)

So no Kratos?

@  ▲ndrusi : (17 June 2019 - 10:42 AM)

In any case I'd rather have another Fire Emblem character than another character from a PlayStation exclusive game who teeeeeechnically was in a spinoff.

@  ▲ndrusi : (17 June 2019 - 10:39 AM)

Kong had his name on the games first, but Mario was the protagonist first. It's debatable.

@  Rycochet : (17 June 2019 - 10:33 AM)

Wouldn't Mario be the one spun off from the Donkey Kong franchise, given that Kong was first?

@  Pennpenn : (17 June 2019 - 05:19 AM)

I would count Wario and Yoshi, but not DK (might be because I wasn't even aware DK was spun off from the Mario franchise until I was in my mid-20s, but whatever)

@  unluckiness : (17 June 2019 - 04:13 AM)

But to be fair, Corrin is the only one I particularly dislike and it's really more boredom due to their blandness as characters

@  unluckiness : (17 June 2019 - 04:09 AM)

It would depend on whether or not you count DK, Wario and Yoshi as part of the Mario franchise or separate. Scratch that, there are more Mario characters even with just the mushroom symbol people but it's a close call.

@  Pennpenn : (17 June 2019 - 02:55 AM)

You'd figure Fire Emblem would have enough characters in Smash. Kinda feels like there's more FE characters than Mario characters.

@  unluckiness : (16 June 2019 - 01:20 AM)

And for hug's sake, I hope that the new Fire Emblem's PC isn't one of the DLC

@  Sean Whitmore : (15 June 2019 - 04:11 PM)

Smash Bros could never touch a new franchise again, and I'd still have laundry lists of side characters and villains I'd love to see included.

@  unluckiness : (15 June 2019 - 09:36 AM)

DINNER

@  SG Roadbuster : (15 June 2019 - 09:36 AM)

cuz i wanna fight a boat

@  SG Roadbuster : (15 June 2019 - 09:35 AM)

if we must have another zelda character, id want the king of red lion

@  MEDdMI : (14 June 2019 - 10:38 PM)

I would unironically love Tingle in Smash.

@  Paladin : (14 June 2019 - 02:06 PM)

they HAVE to put Travis Touchdown in at some point now, right???

@  TheMightyMol... : (14 June 2019 - 01:24 PM)

Right after Shaq.

@  Locoman : (14 June 2019 - 12:36 PM)

When will we get Bluster Kong in Smash?

@  unluckiness : (14 June 2019 - 08:20 AM)

The last three DLC characters are Tingle, Charles Barkley and L Tetris block with Reverse L Tetris block as an Echo fighter.

@  MEDdMI : (14 June 2019 - 08:09 AM)

Pipe dream Smash entry: The Prince from the Katamari series. :D

@  MEDdMI : (14 June 2019 - 06:35 AM)

The space/time around them gets frozen too! ....or something.

@  unluckiness : (14 June 2019 - 06:01 AM)

I still want to find out how freezing people suspends them in midair

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (14 June 2019 - 02:45 AM)

We really need Subzero or Scorpion in Smash. Violence aside, they are pretty big gaming icons as well.

@  Steevy Maximus : (13 June 2019 - 08:18 PM)

Given Nintendo's relationship with Tecmo, I'm still waiting for Ryu Hyabusa

@  TheMightyMol... : (13 June 2019 - 07:19 PM)

I'm still waiting for Doomguy.

@  Steevy Maximus : (13 June 2019 - 06:47 PM)

I just started watching High School DxD (don't judge me...) and I caught on the Nintendo Treehouse some request Rias for Smash lol

@  ▲ndrusi : (13 June 2019 - 11:25 AM)

I have having to watch a video to find out why someone wanted me to watch the video

@  Nevermore : (11 June 2019 - 04:58 PM)

I remember when the TPB for The Dark Age 2 was delayed for an entire year...

@  Trpodeca : (11 June 2019 - 03:55 AM)

I just wish they'd release the Astro City paperback trades.

@  Nevermore : (10 June 2019 - 05:31 AM)

As an open-minded heterosexual, I wouldn't mind seeing more of that.

@  Nevermore : (10 June 2019 - 05:29 AM)

Currently in the process of re-reading Kurt Busiek's Astro City. Big props for the issue featuring the "Dancing Master" and its portrayal of non-stereotypical gay characters.

@  TM2-Megatron : (10 June 2019 - 05:25 AM)

Don't phone charges often contain special rapid charge circuitry, though? The voltage might be higher too, given the selfie stick probably has a very basic battery.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (09 June 2019 - 11:28 PM)

Glad to be of assistance!

@  Telly : (09 June 2019 - 10:32 PM)

*checks selfie stick and phone charger* huh. perfect fit. thanks!

Photo
* * * * * 4 votes

Titans Returns General Discussion Thread - Trypticon $49.99 at Ollie's, page 611

12460 replies to this topic

#9541 The Predaking

The Predaking

Finally! A new Predaking is here!

• Staff
  • 38817 posts
  • Faction::Predacon

Posted 18 June 2017 - 08:16 PM

So my local target finally restocked this weekend after I have gotten all the deluxes that I wanted to get. I did finally get to see Quake and Crock and while they were tempting to get, I really don't have room for them, and I don't need them in  my CHUG collection.

Restoring an Old Arcade Machine!

http://www.allspark....ade-game/page-2

#9542 Sabrblade

Sabrblade
  • Citizen
  • 27883 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 18 June 2017 - 09:03 PM

Given Michael Bay won't be directing, that's actually very plausible.

What makes you think Bay wont be doing the next one? Last Knight is his fourth 'final' Transformers movie.

I presume he meant the next TF movie to be released after TLK, which will be the Bumblebee movie, which is being directed by Travis Knight.

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#9543 Echowarrior

Echowarrior

I write stuff...just not as much as I used to.

• Citizen
  • 10227 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 09:54 PM

What makes you think Bay wont be doing the next one? Last Knight is his fourth 'final' Transformers movie.

I presume he meant the next TF movie to be released after TLK, which will be the Bumblebee movie, which is being directed by Travis Knight.

Nope. I meant the one that comes afterwards.

What? I'd want to take a step back after directing five movies in the same franchise, why wouldn't Michael Bay?

William Rendfeld
That Echowarrior guy...
Author of "Transformers: Armada (Revisited)"- Allspark Fic of the Month for December 2005. Archive here.
"In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock." - Credited to Thomas Jefferson.
"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." - Credited to Winston Churchill.

#9544 Walky

Walky

King Kong Aventure Fudge

• Citizen
  • 39870 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 18 June 2017 - 10:03 PM

Bay has already done four female TFs. Is this maybe one of those things Everybody Knows?

I'm pretty sure this was born from his MTV interview regarding Arcee in Revenge of the Fallen:

"You know what? I didn't like Arcee," the filmmaker revealed exclusively to us Thursday night, "so I kill her later, all right?"

We caught up with the outspoken filmmaker at ShoWest, where he received a Director of the Year award. The special-effects-driven Bay told us that technological advances since 2007's "Transformers" are allowing him to grab more articulate, complex performances from his metallic leading actors — but still, at least one of his fictional stars turned out to be a bit disappointing.

"You know what? It's like actors," he explained, comparing his Transformers to flesh-and-blood stars Shia LaBeouf and Megan Fox. "There are certain actors that blossom on screen, and there are certain others where you're like, 'Yuck, I'm cutting them out of the movie.' "

So Bay decided to kill Arcee — a pink motorcycle who can be glimpsed in the movie's trailer during a chase scene in Japan. As some fans might remember, the death of Jazz in Bay's first "Transformers" film not only served as a reminder of the severity of the robot war, but also became one of the film's most touching moments. In the sequel, however, Bay was so eager to kill off Arcee that he had no desire to milk the moment for emotional impact.

"This isn't sad," he grinned, discussing Arcee's sudden death. "This is just 'get it out and get it over with.' "

I mean, sure, there have been four female Transformers in Bay's movies, but three of them he was happy to casually bump off to get out of the way because he clearly wasn't feeling them, and the fourth was a sexy college girl who wanted to bang you until she turned into a robot and subsequently hit with a car.  

Maybe he'd be more magnanimous towards Windblade.  Maybe he's being honest when he says "yeah I'm just not feeling her performance," and that he'd be happy to debut another female Transformer who would get a fair shake.  But we can probably understand folks being .... incredulous.  

#9545 LV!

LV!

A tendency to speak in jest

• Citizen
  • 17106 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 10:21 PM

I mean, sure, there have been four female Transformers in Bay's movies, but three of them he was happy to casually bump off to get out of the way because he clearly wasn't feeling them, and the fourth was a sexy college girl who wanted to bang you until she turned into a robot and subsequently hit with a car.  

Maybe he'd be more magnanimous towards Windblade.  Maybe he's being honest when he says "yeah I'm just not feeling her performance," and that he'd be happy to debut another female Transformer who would get a fair shake.  But we can probably understand folks being .... incredulous.  

Alice, even as a robot, has significant screen time. In the same movie, Sideways, Rampage and a horde of other Decepticons die just as casually as the Arcees. Jolt barely appears. The Arcees aren't treated differently than anyone else.

How are there no good GIFs of Yoda saying "Only what you take with you"?

#9546 Walky

Walky

King Kong Aventure Fudge

• Citizen
  • 39870 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 18 June 2017 - 10:43 PM

I mean, yeah, Alice had a lot of screen time.  But as I said, she had that screentime as Sexy College Student Who Wants To Bang You.  That's an important facet.  

#9547 LV!

LV!

• Citizen
  • 17106 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 11:01 PM

She definitely had more time as a sexy sexy seductress, but humans always have more screentime than robots. She has a pretty significant run as a robot afterward. I'm sure she's onscreen more than Reedman or Jolt, for example.

I just don't see much reason to think Michael Bay has no use for females. You can question how intensely sexualized they are, without question, but both Mikaela and Carly have significant, proactive roles, and Mikaela's even includes being the one who can actually stand up for herself against Transformers. Reading anything anti-female into a general comment about Arcee (who, let's face it, he was probably struggling to remember during the interview) doesn't seem warranted.

#9548 Telly

Telly

Killing forums since 1999!

• Retired Staff
  • 7860 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 18 June 2017 - 11:02 PM

Nope. I meant the one that comes afterwards.

What? I'd want to take a step back after directing five movies in the same franchise, why wouldn't Michael Bay?

cause paramounts scared they wont make all that money without him so they keep sending dump trucks of ever increasing size to his door filled with money to keep doing them

When I die I will surely go to Heaven for i spent my life in Hell

#9549 LV!

LV!

• Citizen
  • 17106 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 11:19 PM

My assumption is that he'll do something else and then realize he's up for Transformers again.

But you never know. And it's possible that if Bee Movie does well, Paramount won't lean on him as hard as they presumably have in the past.

#9550 Maruten

Maruten
  • Staff
  • 6907 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 11:26 PM

Yeah, I think the performance of... Filmblebee... will give us a lot more information about how the franchise might look going forward. But Bay or no Bay, I think it will be a long time before we get a movie that isn't trying to be Bay-esque. 

ANYWAY I hope TR Orion Pax has had his leak fixed by now. I think that's what the thread used to be about. 

WsuGTl1.jpg

#9551 LV!

LV!

• Citizen
  • 17106 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 11:30 PM

At least he's not still being teased like MP Dinobot.

#9552 Cattleprod

Cattleprod
  • Citizen
  • 2281 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 18 June 2017 - 11:34 PM

Oh, I was thinking of the next 'main' movie, Bumblebee's like Rogue One.

#9553 The Predaking

The Predaking

• Staff
  • 38817 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 08:54 AM

Well, this isn't the last wave, so I wouldn't worry about that.

EDIT: Ninja'd. To be specific, we still have one more wave of everything to be revealed (although we've seen Slugslinger already for the last Deluxe wave).

Ahh, Well, hopefully stores will restock when his wave comes out. Does anyone know if Overlord is in the next wave or is he a possible candidate for Last Wave syndrome?

#9554 Dave Zero1

Dave Zero1
  • Citizen
  • 2389 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 19 June 2017 - 09:07 AM

Overlord is wave 5,

Wave 6 leader(s) are still unknown. (My money's on Twincast/Soundblaster)

#9555 Dracula

Dracula

IT'S MYSTERIOUS PARTY WITH DRACULA

• Retired Staff
  • 4623 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 09:33 AM

All we know for sure of Wave 6 are Slugslinger and Misfire...I think?

5140629382_7d653c135f.jpg

ALL OF TREASURES

#9556 NotVeryKnightly

NotVeryKnightly
  • Staff
  • 22081 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 19 June 2017 - 09:36 AM

Will there even be a wave 6 for Leaders? Different size classes aren't guaranteed to get the same number of waves.

#9557 Dave Zero1

Dave Zero1
  • Citizen
  • 2389 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 19 June 2017 - 10:01 AM

All we know for sure of Wave 6 are Slugslinger and Misfire...I think?

Just Slugslinger, Misfire is wave 5

#9558 The Predaking

The Predaking

• Staff
  • 38817 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 11:16 AM

Will there even be a wave 6 for Leaders? Different size classes aren't guaranteed to get the same number of waves.

Pretty much the only leaders that I have seen are Blaster and Soundwave. I saw a Optimus a couple times, and Sixshot once.

I say that to bring up the point that the sheer size and price of this figure might make him rare this late into the line.

#9559 Sabrblade

Sabrblade
  • Citizen
  • 27883 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 01:14 PM

Buh buh WUH????!! :wtf  :wtf  :wtf

Edited by Sabrblade, 19 June 2017 - 01:14 PM.

I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#9560 Sabrblade

Sabrblade
  • Citizen
  • 27883 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 01:16 PM

^ This:

WPzxSkW.jpg

Reply to this topic

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users