Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Xellos : (14 November 2019 - 06:47 PM)

What type of vehicle does Boba Fett use for time travel? A Man-DeLorean.

@  TM2-Megatron : (14 November 2019 - 03:55 PM)

Admittedly, it's been a long time since I've been to a walk-in clinic, as I tend not to get sick (and the one time I do every 4-5 years, I prefer just riding it out at home), but the last time I went I'm pretty sure you could just show up, no appointment. It may be different in Quebec,though

@  Nevermore : (14 November 2019 - 02:36 PM)

One thing to note about health insurance in Germany is that we have a two-class system: mandatory health insurance is basically the economy class, while private health insurance is the business class.

@  Nevermore : (14 November 2019 - 02:32 PM)

My local doctor is actually a shared office with several doctors where you will get randomly assigned to one of the doctors available that day.

@  Nevermore : (14 November 2019 - 02:30 PM)

Also, employers are required by law to cover part of their employees' health insurance fees, so I only have to pay my part.

@  Nevermore : (14 November 2019 - 02:28 PM)

Basic examinations and sick notes (known as "work-inability certificates" in Germany) for the employer are covered by our health insurances by default.

@  TheMightyMol... : (14 November 2019 - 12:02 PM)

Around here, we can go to a walk-in clinic whenever, but might have to wait in the queue until there's a doctor available, which can take hours on a busy day. And then hope our insurance will cover anything.

@  wonko the sane? : (14 November 2019 - 07:38 AM)

There actually are a good number of clinics around here: but the walk ins require an appointment (what?) and are only done once a week. IF you can get an appointment, you see a doctor usually within 40 minutes, but good luck getting the appointment.

@  Nevermore : (14 November 2019 - 03:35 AM)

Depending on the day.

@  Nevermore : (14 November 2019 - 03:35 AM)

We have family doctors (called "house doctors") with regular office hours where you may need an hour or two of waiting time.

@  TM2-Megatron : (14 November 2019 - 12:50 AM)

Two weeks? That seems a little long; are there not a lot of walk-in clinics around you?

@  wonko the sane? : (13 November 2019 - 07:01 PM)

Does germany make it quick and easy to see a doctor too? Cause an emergency doctor visit can take two weeks out here, and an emergency ROOM visit can take 18-24 hours.

@  Nevermore : (13 November 2019 - 06:43 PM)

(Good thing is, under German law, if you call in sick during your vacation and see a doctor immediately, you get to keep your vacation days.)

@  Nevermore : (13 November 2019 - 06:42 PM)

Too bad. My plans wee to do two more overtime hours before having my last day of vacation for the year on Friday. Oh well.

@  Nevermore : (13 November 2019 - 06:41 PM)

So I'm currently on medical leave for a particularly stupid reason: Burned my back with a hot-water bag while sleeping last night. Though the doctor said I'm hardly the first person to have this happen to them.

@  Patch : (13 November 2019 - 06:11 PM)

Just a particularly odious example of the 90s era of depicting transgender women as either the subject of crude humor, or "Jerry Springer" material.

@  Ashley : (13 November 2019 - 04:55 PM)

I think Ace Ventura legit contributed to me spending years in self denial. I will never be ok with Jim Carrey.

@  Benbot : (13 November 2019 - 01:22 PM)

I thought he since changed his tune.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (13 November 2019 - 12:51 PM)

Jim Carry Paladin?

@  Maximus Ambus : (13 November 2019 - 12:22 PM)

Don't doubt what he can do. Sonic the Hedgehog!

@  Paladin : (13 November 2019 - 11:51 AM)

not giving a dime to a transphobic antivaxxer.

@  wonko the sane? : (13 November 2019 - 11:25 AM)

It'll be a terrible movie if jim carrey phones it in. Otherwise it should be decent.

@  Paladin : (13 November 2019 - 10:45 AM)

sonics' still gonna be a terrible movie but at least they whined loud enough to make him look passable for a 2-minute trailer. "yay."

@  ▲ndrusi : (13 November 2019 - 10:37 AM)

But of course to annoying people there's no such thing as different decisions made for different reasons, there is only "I like it so it's right" and "I don't like it so it's wrong."

@  ▲ndrusi : (13 November 2019 - 10:35 AM)

Even if we pretend it's objective truth that they were both bad, then they were bad in very different ways.

@  ▲ndrusi : (13 November 2019 - 10:33 AM)

Sonic's previous movie design looked genuinely bad. The Transformers '07 designs just looked insufficiently like what certain loud and obnoxious parts of the fandom think Transformers are required to always look like.

@  Otaku : (13 November 2019 - 08:50 AM)

Um... Purple Monkey Dishwasher?

@  TheMightyMol... : (13 November 2019 - 08:25 AM)

Do we really need to have Every Movie Transformer Thread Ever in the Squawkbox?

@  Bass X0 : (13 November 2019 - 08:13 AM)

Sure it made money but that doesn’t mean it has appealing character designs. Lot of god awful fugly faces in the Transformers movies.

@  Otaku : (12 November 2019 - 08:25 PM)

@Liege My issue with Transformers (2007) were elements I thought were unnecessary.  I know it was supposed to just be a joke, but I didn't ever need to hear about "Sam's Happy Time". >.> Which, being in awe of the first "live action" TF-film, didn't even register until I'd already purchased and watched it on DVD a few times (after seeing it in theaters 3 times).

@  Liege : (12 November 2019 - 08:22 PM)

For all the Bayisms in the 07 movie, it was tempered by Spielberg as producer. Designs aside it was an enjoyable popcorn blockbuster about a boy and his first car who happens to be an alien from another planet. They sequels are just Bay going unchecked after he proved how much bank he could bring in.

@  TM2-Megatron : (12 November 2019 - 07:12 PM)

I didn't find the designs in the '07 movie to be that bad, personally. What got really offputting was how Cybertronians in general become such huge a-holes in the later films; the designs were very much secondary to their horrible personalities

@  Sabrblade : (12 November 2019 - 06:59 PM)

And yet, Transformers still broke the bank at the box office, opened up the brand to a whole new generation of fans, shot the brand up to mainstream appeal, and enabled all kinds of new collector-oriented lines and other avenues to come about. Not saying Sonic's movie will do the same for his series, but the 2007 TF movie certainly did more good than harm.

@  Bass X0 : (12 November 2019 - 06:09 PM)

Paramount changed Sonic due to fan backlash but refused to redo Transformers 2007 with new cgi appearances based on their classic forms everyone’s knows and loves, and can relate to. Trailer 1 Sonic is as appealing a design as 2007 Bumblebee...

@  TheMightyMol... : (12 November 2019 - 02:14 PM)

I don't. They're a pain in the ass to repair.

@  Benbot : (12 November 2019 - 12:48 PM)

I wish car companies would bring back flip up headlights

@  TheMightyMol... : (12 November 2019 - 09:07 AM)

Wear a hazmat suit. It's Walmart, they're used to weird.

@  wonko the sane? : (12 November 2019 - 07:54 AM)

2 inches of snow on the side of the house, 2 feet of snow on the deck. I hate this winter already.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (11 November 2019 - 11:33 PM)

But that requires actually going IN walmart. ;P

@  Liege : (11 November 2019 - 11:22 PM)

Pro tip for anyone hunting the for the Walmart 35th exclusives: try the seasonal aisles rather than the toy section. I found the display with all the exclusives and a bunch of the reflector wave practically untouched amongst those novelty arcade machines and a bunch of frozen merch.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (11 November 2019 - 09:45 PM)

Although that does spark an idea for me. In a new continuity, Censere the Necrobot could be the herald Cityspeaker for Quintessa the Necrotitan just to play on their monikers utilizing Greek for dead, nekrós.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (11 November 2019 - 09:26 PM)

I hate to burst your bubble, Maximus Ambus, but 90% of things said in IDW turned out to be amnesiac half-rememberings courtesy of Adaptus or outright lies courtesy of Shockwave.

@  Jenny : (11 November 2019 - 08:54 AM)

The toy's designed to look like Wipe-Out, anyway.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (11 November 2019 - 08:14 AM)

Didn't they try to retcon that into a figure of speech because that connection went against everybody else's long-term plans?

@  Maximus Ambus : (11 November 2019 - 03:53 AM)

There's still some connection given Trypticon was created by Mortilus.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (11 November 2019 - 12:12 AM)

Yeah that toy doesn't exactly look like Necrobot.

@  Sabrblade : (10 November 2019 - 08:24 PM)

But.... it's just "Necro" not "Necrobot".

@  TheMightyMol... : (10 November 2019 - 05:10 PM)

But why does the God of Death need a giant space kaiju? Wait, never mind, answered my own question.

@  Maximus Ambus : (10 November 2019 - 02:15 PM)

Yowza I just realised Titans Trypticon comes with Necro AKA Censere AKA Mortilus.

@  Nevermore : (10 November 2019 - 01:15 PM)

I... think the best equivalent would actually be the British "There is room for improvement".

Photo
* * * * * 4 votes

Titans Returns General Discussion Thread - Trypticon $49.99 at Ollie's, page 611

12444 replies to this topic

#9521 LV!

LV!

A tendency to speak in jest

• Citizen
  • 17733 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 01:25 PM

Targets are starting to actually get recent releases, but Walmart is still sitting on more of wave 1 than I've ever seen of any other toyline.

My Walmarts mostly didn't seem to get a ton of wave 1 in, which gave me hope for promptness in later waves there...

...and then they got those big aisle displays full of wave 1. Oh well.

#9522 Cabooceratops

Cabooceratops

Girl Whomst Love Girls

• Staff
  • 22565 posts
  • Faction::Dinobot

Posted 18 June 2017 - 01:41 PM

Yeah, same here. At least I got a Brawn out of it?

Like my art? I do commissions!! -> https://www.allspark...

#9523 Kira Kira

Kira Kira

Gimmick Princess

• Supporter
  • 2213 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 18 June 2017 - 02:42 PM

Wheeljack sort of did have long/big arms back in G1 in both the cartoon and comic, allowing for variations in animation and art. Not as massive as his toy but yeah

270px-Wheeljack_transformers_universe.jp
Wheeljack_G1_1_MTMTE1_1276723714.jpg
gRulwhSh.jpg

(he also apparently had stubby legs and a huge-ass chest lol)

And of course this feature was homage by another iconic Wheeljack

PrimeWheeljack-HowToDraw.jpg
wheeljack2.jpg
PrimeRIDtoy-WheeljackDeluxe.jpg

So I guess any guy who wants a short-armed Wheeljack really doesn't know anything about Transformers? And is probably one of those "fake geewuner boys" pretending to like them just cuz he likes the attention he gets from all the girls who actually do know about Transformers~
;3
Looking for Combiner Hunters Chromia and Arcee! If you can help plz pm me

My Amazon wish list~! http://a.co/4lE2Xrw

#9524 NotVeryKnightly

NotVeryKnightly
  • Staff
  • 22899 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 18 June 2017 - 03:07 PM

Looking at Unicron.com's screenshots, there's quite a few where his arms don't reach further down relative to his body than anybody else's, so I'm not sure if that's the intention.

eJDMiMw.jpg

dBDDznn.jpg

#9525 Luke

Luke
  • Retired Staff
  • 15021 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 18 June 2017 - 04:48 PM

Bay has already done four female TFs. Is this maybe one of those things Everybody Knows?

Not only that, but he explicitly said that he kept them out of the first movie because he felt he'd have to "explain" female TFs. Then during ROTF's development he decided "no, I really don't" and so he included them. While it's not impossible that Bay would go back on that (as he has with many other elements of the movies), the biggest hurdle has already been cleared.

That said, movie Windblade would probably end up as a fanboat that floated around on the fan instead of legs and after having one line would unceremoniously die by having her upper body shoved through the fan during a fight with Bonecrusher who came back because reasons. :p

Edited by Luke, 18 June 2017 - 04:49 PM.

#9526 Broadside

Broadside

SHARK PET DOG! SHARK PET DOG!

• Staff
  • 11023 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 18 June 2017 - 04:52 PM

I think he should use the "knight" Windblade concept art and have her as a knight who's been hidden on Earth for thousands of years.

Not that he would, but...

3nAcIwa.png

#9527 Echowarrior

Echowarrior

I write stuff...just not as much as I used to.

• Citizen
  • 10520 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 18 June 2017 - 05:03 PM

I think he should use the "knight" Windblade concept art and have her as a knight who's been hidden on Earth for thousands of years.

Not that he would, but...

That would be epic.

William Rendfeld
That Echowarrior guy...
Author of "Transformers: Armada (Revisited)"- Allspark Fic of the Month for December 2005. Archive here.
"In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock." - Credited to Thomas Jefferson.
"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." - Credited to Winston Churchill.

#9528 The Predaking

The Predaking

Finally! A new Predaking is here!

• Staff
  • 39067 posts
  • Faction::Predacon

Posted 18 June 2017 - 08:16 PM

So my local target finally restocked this weekend after I have gotten all the deluxes that I wanted to get. I did finally get to see Quake and Crock and while they were tempting to get, I really don't have room for them, and I don't need them in  my CHUG collection.

Restoring an Old Arcade Machine!

http://www.allspark....ade-game/page-2

#9529 Sabrblade

Sabrblade
  • Citizen
  • 28982 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 09:03 PM

Given Michael Bay won't be directing, that's actually very plausible.

What makes you think Bay wont be doing the next one? Last Knight is his fourth 'final' Transformers movie.

I presume he meant the next TF movie to be released after TLK, which will be the Bumblebee movie, which is being directed by Travis Knight.

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#9530 Echowarrior

Echowarrior

I write stuff...just not as much as I used to.

• Citizen
  • 10520 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 09:54 PM

What makes you think Bay wont be doing the next one? Last Knight is his fourth 'final' Transformers movie.

I presume he meant the next TF movie to be released after TLK, which will be the Bumblebee movie, which is being directed by Travis Knight.

Nope. I meant the one that comes afterwards.

What? I'd want to take a step back after directing five movies in the same franchise, why wouldn't Michael Bay?

William Rendfeld
That Echowarrior guy...
Author of "Transformers: Armada (Revisited)"- Allspark Fic of the Month for December 2005. Archive here.
"In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock." - Credited to Thomas Jefferson.
"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." - Credited to Winston Churchill.

#9531 Walky

Walky

King Kong Aventure Fudge

• Citizen
  • 40524 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 18 June 2017 - 10:03 PM

Bay has already done four female TFs. Is this maybe one of those things Everybody Knows?

I'm pretty sure this was born from his MTV interview regarding Arcee in Revenge of the Fallen:

"You know what? I didn't like Arcee," the filmmaker revealed exclusively to us Thursday night, "so I kill her later, all right?"

We caught up with the outspoken filmmaker at ShoWest, where he received a Director of the Year award. The special-effects-driven Bay told us that technological advances since 2007's "Transformers" are allowing him to grab more articulate, complex performances from his metallic leading actors — but still, at least one of his fictional stars turned out to be a bit disappointing.

"You know what? It's like actors," he explained, comparing his Transformers to flesh-and-blood stars Shia LaBeouf and Megan Fox. "There are certain actors that blossom on screen, and there are certain others where you're like, 'Yuck, I'm cutting them out of the movie.' "

So Bay decided to kill Arcee — a pink motorcycle who can be glimpsed in the movie's trailer during a chase scene in Japan. As some fans might remember, the death of Jazz in Bay's first "Transformers" film not only served as a reminder of the severity of the robot war, but also became one of the film's most touching moments. In the sequel, however, Bay was so eager to kill off Arcee that he had no desire to milk the moment for emotional impact.

"This isn't sad," he grinned, discussing Arcee's sudden death. "This is just 'get it out and get it over with.' "

I mean, sure, there have been four female Transformers in Bay's movies, but three of them he was happy to casually bump off to get out of the way because he clearly wasn't feeling them, and the fourth was a sexy college girl who wanted to bang you until she turned into a robot and subsequently hit with a car.  

Maybe he'd be more magnanimous towards Windblade.  Maybe he's being honest when he says "yeah I'm just not feeling her performance," and that he'd be happy to debut another female Transformer who would get a fair shake.  But we can probably understand folks being .... incredulous.  

#9532 LV!

LV!

• Citizen
  • 17733 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 10:21 PM

I mean, sure, there have been four female Transformers in Bay's movies, but three of them he was happy to casually bump off to get out of the way because he clearly wasn't feeling them, and the fourth was a sexy college girl who wanted to bang you until she turned into a robot and subsequently hit with a car.  

Maybe he'd be more magnanimous towards Windblade.  Maybe he's being honest when he says "yeah I'm just not feeling her performance," and that he'd be happy to debut another female Transformer who would get a fair shake.  But we can probably understand folks being .... incredulous.  

Alice, even as a robot, has significant screen time. In the same movie, Sideways, Rampage and a horde of other Decepticons die just as casually as the Arcees. Jolt barely appears. The Arcees aren't treated differently than anyone else.

How are there no good GIFs of Yoda saying "Only what you take with you"?

#9533 Walky

Walky

King Kong Aventure Fudge

• Citizen
  • 40524 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 18 June 2017 - 10:43 PM

I mean, yeah, Alice had a lot of screen time.  But as I said, she had that screentime as Sexy College Student Who Wants To Bang You.  That's an important facet.  

#9534 LV!

LV!

• Citizen
  • 17733 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 11:01 PM

She definitely had more time as a sexy sexy seductress, but humans always have more screentime than robots. She has a pretty significant run as a robot afterward. I'm sure she's onscreen more than Reedman or Jolt, for example.

I just don't see much reason to think Michael Bay has no use for females. You can question how intensely sexualized they are, without question, but both Mikaela and Carly have significant, proactive roles, and Mikaela's even includes being the one who can actually stand up for herself against Transformers. Reading anything anti-female into a general comment about Arcee (who, let's face it, he was probably struggling to remember during the interview) doesn't seem warranted.

#9535 Telly

Telly

Like a tiny sandwich...

• Retired Staff
  • 8197 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 18 June 2017 - 11:02 PM

Nope. I meant the one that comes afterwards.

What? I'd want to take a step back after directing five movies in the same franchise, why wouldn't Michael Bay?

cause paramounts scared they wont make all that money without him so they keep sending dump trucks of ever increasing size to his door filled with money to keep doing them

When I die I will surely go to Heaven for i spent my life in Hell

#9536 LV!

LV!

• Citizen
  • 17733 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 11:19 PM

My assumption is that he'll do something else and then realize he's up for Transformers again.

But you never know. And it's possible that if Bee Movie does well, Paramount won't lean on him as hard as they presumably have in the past.

#9537 Maruten

Maruten
  • Staff
  • 7277 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 18 June 2017 - 11:26 PM

Yeah, I think the performance of... Filmblebee... will give us a lot more information about how the franchise might look going forward. But Bay or no Bay, I think it will be a long time before we get a movie that isn't trying to be Bay-esque. 

ANYWAY I hope TR Orion Pax has had his leak fixed by now. I think that's what the thread used to be about. 

WsuGTl1.jpg

#9538 LV!

LV!

• Citizen
  • 17733 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 11:30 PM

At least he's not still being teased like MP Dinobot.

#9539 Cattleprod

Cattleprod
  • Citizen
  • 2338 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 18 June 2017 - 11:34 PM

Oh, I was thinking of the next 'main' movie, Bumblebee's like Rogue One.

#9540 The Predaking

The Predaking

Finally! A new Predaking is here!

• Staff
  • 39067 posts
  • Faction::Predacon

Posted 19 June 2017 - 08:54 AM

Well, this isn't the last wave, so I wouldn't worry about that.

EDIT: Ninja'd. To be specific, we still have one more wave of everything to be revealed (although we've seen Slugslinger already for the last Deluxe wave).

Ahh, Well, hopefully stores will restock when his wave comes out. Does anyone know if Overlord is in the next wave or is he a possible candidate for Last Wave syndrome?

Restoring an Old Arcade Machine!

http://www.allspark....ade-game/page-2

Reply to this topic

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users