Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  NotVeryKnightly : (20 January 2018 - 02:20 AM)

You just did.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (20 January 2018 - 02:18 AM)

Can I just say that right now... I hate the USA?

@  NotVeryKnightly : (20 January 2018 - 01:34 AM)

There are languages where the days are named for numbers and Sunday is "one". Like Arabic.

@  Pennpenn : (20 January 2018 - 01:31 AM)

Isn't it sort of a religious thing for Sunday to be the start of the week but most people just go with the first day they go to work for the week?

@  unitremover : (20 January 2018 - 01:02 AM)

I feel like I've known plenty of Americans who'd say Monday is the first day of the week.

@  Pennpenn : (20 January 2018 - 12:57 AM)

Personally Monday will always be the first day of the week for me. The notion that Sunday is somehow the first day of the week seems completely nonsensical to me.

@  Pennpenn : (20 January 2018 - 12:57 AM)

I'm fairly sure it is in Australia, but that tends to get blurred because of US influence.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (20 January 2018 - 12:19 AM)

(It's Sunday here in the U.S.)

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (20 January 2018 - 12:18 AM)

Anyone here live in a country where Monday is considered the first day of the week?

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (19 January 2018 - 08:40 PM)

Maybe?

@  Patchouli Kn... : (19 January 2018 - 08:38 PM)

But do they search barf?

@  BlackMax : (19 January 2018 - 08:38 PM)

Under water, the fish don't stink.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (19 January 2018 - 07:42 PM)

I read that at first as "Everyone is a fish...."

@  TheMightyMol... : (19 January 2018 - 06:08 PM)

Everyone has a fetish, I guess.

@  BlackMax : (19 January 2018 - 05:56 PM)

I parsed it as "search barf" at first.

@  Nevermore : (19 January 2018 - 05:05 PM)

Robowang nude hiden cam photos

@  Robowang : (19 January 2018 - 02:54 PM)

Oh, hey, that's not the search bar! Whoops.

@  Robowang : (19 January 2018 - 12:48 PM)

reflector camera mode

@  MEDdMI : (19 January 2018 - 12:14 PM)

But did you get a Snowbombcyclopsragnarokdoomstorm like the US NE got last week?

@  Nevermore : (19 January 2018 - 11:40 AM)

Netherlands? We got one hell of a storm here in Germany the other day too.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (19 January 2018 - 01:59 AM)

When that happens in Cocoa Beach there's always someone getting out their surfboard.

@  CORVUS : (19 January 2018 - 12:04 AM)

Damn!

@  Telly : (18 January 2018 - 10:29 PM)

holy hug

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (18 January 2018 - 06:27 PM)

Goddamn look what happened to the Dutch this week.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (18 January 2018 - 06:27 PM)

https://twitter.com/dwnews/status/954066379610628097

@  Locoman : (18 January 2018 - 03:43 PM)

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand brick and mortar.

@  siccoyote : (18 January 2018 - 04:31 AM)

Who sings the first part of the GIJoe The Movie theme song? (Cobra) Sounds so familiar.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (17 January 2018 - 10:46 PM)

Also true.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (17 January 2018 - 10:40 PM)

I hate brick and mortar stores around here.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (17 January 2018 - 10:38 PM)

But I like the feel of the brick and mortar search a bit more. And I can see inside packages at brick and mortar. True, Amazon has a good return policy, but I like buying once and settling.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (17 January 2018 - 10:37 PM)

I suppose I could save more if I bought more often from Amazon.

@  wonko the sane? : (17 January 2018 - 10:36 PM)

Closest I got to "free" was 30% off warpath, which just about lined him up to the canadian price had he ever shown up around me. The pile of loot saved me a pile, but it was still pricy.

@  Shrug : (17 January 2018 - 09:34 PM)

Yeah, I purposefully waited on them because I knew they'd be perfect "add onto orders to get free shipping" fodder. Already gotten two that way. Technically "free" and I barely had to wait.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (17 January 2018 - 09:21 PM)

That's how I feel about Prime Masters. Getting back into collecting last year taught me to be patient, which grants rewards most of the time.

@  Shrug : (17 January 2018 - 09:18 PM)

I want Starscream so hard after seeing him in person, but since he's the one being left behind by every other collector in my area, I feel like I can wait for a sale.

@  wonko the sane? : (17 January 2018 - 09:09 PM)

I mean: I maybe woulda jumped on starscream if I found a sale or something, but it wasn't a priority.

@  wonko the sane? : (17 January 2018 - 09:08 PM)

I only wanted the dinobots (cause... volcanicus.) but got saddled with three I didn't want due to the bundling. I'd still be waiting to order if I had waited on individual figures.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (17 January 2018 - 08:27 PM)

Ahh.. I just ordered the whole case cause I wanted too. :)

@  wonko the sane? : (17 January 2018 - 06:49 PM)

Mostly PotP dinobots. Plus some stuff I couldn't opt out of to get those dinobots. And CW warpath... cause he was on sale.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (17 January 2018 - 04:54 PM)

What ya getting?

@  wonko the sane? : (17 January 2018 - 04:38 PM)

Yay! My package from BBTS is in canada! I might even get it this week!

@  Benbot : (17 January 2018 - 02:04 PM)

I need a laptop more than a new desktop

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (17 January 2018 - 01:18 PM)

Buying a pre-built computer you should be okay.. It's just the individual parts that jumped huge in price.

@  Paladin : (17 January 2018 - 01:14 PM)

well all the idiots who invested in "bitcoin" will be selling theirs en masse to make ends meet so you might be able to find something cheap if you watch auctions.

@  Benbot : (17 January 2018 - 12:59 PM)

Is now a good time to buy a computer? Or should I wait?

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (17 January 2018 - 12:01 PM)

I pointed out that I'm on disabilty.. I don't have to pretend to be an adult anymore. ;D

@  MEDdMI : (17 January 2018 - 11:25 AM)

Also Bayonetta 3.

@  TheMightyMol... : (17 January 2018 - 10:55 AM)

Nintendo also announced Dark Souls for the Switch, so those people should shut up.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (17 January 2018 - 10:51 AM)

Apparently people are freaking out that Nintendo announced something for kids and kids at heart. And people are absolutely freaking out about it.

@  TheMightyMol... : (17 January 2018 - 10:23 AM)

...what?

Photo
* * * * * 4 votes

Titans Returns General Discussion Thread - Grotusque available on Toys R Us site, p.596

12003 replies to this topic

#11521 SHIELD Agent 47

SHIELD Agent 47

Knight of Infinity

• Staff
  • 5458 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 11 November 2017 - 06:37 AM

Likewise.

Is there somewhere in the hundreds of pages of this thread an accounting of what was planned for the scrapped box sets in the Voyager and Leader sizes?  I doubt we'll actually see them like we did the three smaller classes, but I'm starting to wonder if an undocumented feature on Overlord was meant to let a redeco pass as a significantly different character, like Starsaber or something.  (The jet nose piece can peg onto the chest as armor.)

---Dave

All we have is speculation on those figures as our best hypotheses point to the latter two boxsets being scrapped early on in planning, to be replaced with the Arcee/Ultra Magnus and Grotusque/Scorponok sets.

And while I'm no industry expert, given the costs that go into designing Leader Class figures, I would speculate that Sky Shadow and Overlord are paired toolings.

Visit the Transformers Wiki and the IDW Hasbro Wiki!

#11522 Jim S

Jim S

Evil Genius

• Citizen
  • 1391 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 11 November 2017 - 08:32 AM

Godbomber was probably slated for one of the boxes.

#11523 Dave Zero1

Dave Zero1
  • Citizen
  • 2097 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 11 November 2017 - 10:24 AM

Hasbro said that Grotusque would be hitting a retailer, and I am taking them at their word. They just didn't say 'which' retailer. We've all assumed it will be TRU because of Arcee yet for all we know we might get hit with another surprise.

Edited by Dave Zero1, 11 November 2017 - 10:24 AM.

#11524 Jalaguy

Jalaguy

won't hold Six Shot upside-down.

• Staff
  • 8448 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 11 November 2017 - 02:23 PM

Hasbro said that Grotusque would be hitting a retailer, and I am taking them at their word. They just didn't say 'which' retailer. We've all assumed it will be TRU because of Arcee yet for all we know we might get hit with another surprise.

Nah, it's been confirmed as TRU. They didn't specify during the original presentation, but IIRC it got confirmed by a Hasbro rep at the show a few hours later.

DAEH6hLUAAAgb9l.png

#11525 LiamA

LiamA
  • Citizen
  • 2513 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 03:44 PM

It's funny.  I want to get the rest of the wave with Kup and Krok but I can't really find them in stores so I'm going to have order them but I have yet to go and do it.

#11526 The Predaking

The Predaking

Warlord is amazing!

• Supporter
  • 37597 posts
  • Faction::Predacon

Posted 12 November 2017 - 01:18 AM

I am still looking for Wingblade, Misfire, and Twintwist. I never saw that wave anywhere around here. I am just going o have to buy those online since PotP is out in Retail now. 

Restoring an Old Arcade Machine!

http://www.allspark....ade-game/page-2

#11527 Dvandom

Dvandom

Purveyor of Ponies. And Physics.

• Supporter
  • 15868 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 02:14 AM

Overlord has new toolings that seem to be in the service of something else entirely, like how he can wear his jet nose on his chest as armor, or the missile pods in his abdomen that are never actually both visible and pointed somewhere useful.  It makes me suspect they planned a "New faceplate and fold it differently" alternate character to be a third use of the basic tooling alongside Overlord and Sky Shadow.  Like, Dai Atlas perhaps.

---Dave

DAVE'S WEBPAGES
-- www.eyrie.org/~dvandom/BW --
NEWS, REVIEWS and SIGHTINGS
-- www.dvandom.com --
ARTWORK and IMAGES

Pssst...if you
can't see my images,
try my deviantArt!

#11528 Dracula

Dracula

IS DEAD NOW

• Staff
  • 4177 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 02:57 PM

Yeah, I went ahead and ordered Misfire, Windblade, and Twin Twist from Amazon. I ended up paying about $15 total over retail, which I figured makes up for the amount of gas I'd use driving around trying and failing to find them.

My Arcee also came in the mail last week. Now I just need to find the clones and pick up a Sky Shadow and I'll be done.

5140629382_7d653c135f.jpg

ALL OF TREASURES

#11529 Dave Zero1

Dave Zero1
  • Citizen
  • 2097 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 05:48 PM

I've given up on Ramhorn Showing up at Canadian retail, so i went ahead and pre-ordered one  off Entertainment earth and sending it to a friend's house to the states.

Now i just need to wait  for grotusque.

#11530 PlasmaWolf

PlasmaWolf

Tóg go bog é

• Citizen
  • 3092 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 12 November 2017 - 07:08 PM

I am still looking for Wingblade, Misfire, and Twintwist. I never saw that wave anywhere around here. I am just going o have to buy those online since PotP is out in Retail now. 

Wait......What's this about POTP figures being out now??

2 Timothy 3:16,17 - "All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, that the man of God may be competent, equipped for every good work."

2 Timothy 1:9,10 - "God, who saved us and called us to a holy calling, not because of our works but because of his own purpose and grace, which he gave us in Christ Jesus before the ages began, and which now has been manifested through the appearing of our Savior Christ Jesus, who abolished death and brought life and immortality to light through the gospel."

Acts 17:30,31 - "The times of ignorance God overlooked, but now he commands all people everywhere to repent, because he has fixed a day on which he will judge the world in righteousness by a man whom he has appointed; and of this he has given assurance to all by raising him from the dead."

John 3:16,17 - "For God so loved the world,that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him."

#11531 Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname

Noideaforamembertitleeither

• Citizen
  • 1350 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 07:39 PM

Targets are starting to get them in. Use this site to see if there in stores near you:

https://brickseek.co...entory-checker/

DPCI code is: 087-06-5863

#11532 The Predaking

The Predaking

Warlord is amazing!

• Supporter
  • 37597 posts
  • Faction::Predacon

Posted 12 November 2017 - 08:17 PM

Targets are starting to get them in. Use this site to see if there in stores near you:

https://brickseek.co...entory-checker/

DPCI code is: 087-06-5863

Well, there are some around 3 hour drive away from me. I think that I will wait for them to show up a bit closer. 

Yeah, I couldn't believe it either. 

Restoring an Old Arcade Machine!

http://www.allspark....ade-game/page-2

#11533 NovaSaber

NovaSaber

Soundwave is colorblind

• Citizen
  • 5376 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 08:25 PM

Overlord has new toolings that seem to be in the service of something else entirely, like how he can wear his jet nose on his chest as armor, or the missile pods in his abdomen that are never actually both visible and pointed somewhere useful.  It makes me suspect they planned a "New faceplate and fold it differently" alternate character to be a third use of the basic tooling alongside Overlord and Sky Shadow.  Like, Dai Atlas perhaps.

---Dave

Or Flywheels. Flywheels has a jet nose chest.

#11534 The Phazer

The Phazer

Pipes LIVES.

• Citizen
  • 12229 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 05:34 AM

Yeah, it's a reasonably safe assumption that Flywheels or Dai Atlas or Thunderwing were planned out of that mold, and Godbomber/Apex is a good guess for the other.

So the question becomes about the Voyagers, which is more open. The Japanese releases are a possibility, with Lioconvoy and G2 Megatron. Gutcruncher would have been cool, but the fact he was proposed for Botcon suggests it wasn't him. Comic Galvatron?

#11535 Jim S

Jim S

Evil Genius

• Citizen
  • 1391 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 08:25 AM

Gutcruncher would have been cool, but the fact he was proposed for Botcon suggests it wasn't him. Comic Galvatron?

Remember, those were not proposed. Those were what MIGHT have been proposed had they had the opportunity. I don't think it tells us anything about what may or may not have been in a box set that we also didn't get.

#11536 LBD "Nytetrayn"

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Quyzbuk

• Supporter
  • 17928 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 08:28 AM

I've given up on Ramhorn Showing up at Canadian retail, so i went ahead and pre-ordered one  off Entertainment earth and sending it to a friend's house to the states.

Now i just need to wait  for grotusque.

Well, that Ramhorn bit is just lovely...

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gif0g9jaoG.gifuWt4fLV.gif

#11537 SHIELD Agent 47

SHIELD Agent 47

Knight of Infinity

• Staff
  • 5458 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 09:33 AM

Someone remind me again, did PRC2017 say how many BotCon 2017 concepts did have tentative approval? I can't remember if an exact figure was given.

Edited by SHIELD Agent 47, 13 November 2017 - 09:35 AM.

Visit the Transformers Wiki and the IDW Hasbro Wiki!

#11538 Gearshift

Gearshift

insanely here for buff ROM

• Citizen
  • 2230 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 09:56 AM

The boxset itself had tentative approval, and everything else was in the stages of being prepared for pitching before the entire thing was shitcanned. They self-admitted to doctoring the proposals further, by the way - Onyx Primal was going to be Convobat, since e-Hobby's wasn't announced.

Edited by Gearshift, 13 November 2017 - 09:58 AM.

#11539 NightViper

NightViper

Ehhhhh...

• Retired Staff
  • 40111 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 12:05 PM

It depends on what level of approval you're talking about. Pete was the first stage of approval, then Brian (usually a rubber stamp unless it sounded infeasible due to budget), then John Warden and Ben Montano, then higher Hasbro officials who had to coordinate with other offices inside Hasbro and contact Takara Tomy, then Takara Tomy themselves had to approve it, then it was finally sent to the factory... who also had to do their own approvals, especially when it came to the new sculpt pieces.

I can tell you with certainty that nothing got past John Warden in the chain of approvals. I cannot tell you specifically what concepts did and didn't make it that far, however. Some from the box set, some from the souvenirs, some from the FSS had mock-ups sent over the designers. Others were just concepts submitted asking for better renders and product photography so that more final and meaningful mock-ups could be made (depending on size class, we knew the first 2-3 waves of TR while working on the Club/Con product for 2016). We kept working on it all even when rumors were circulating, so it's difficult to remember what ended up getting to which level of approval. 

#11540 Jim S

Jim S

Evil Genius

• Citizen
  • 1391 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 02:16 PM

Geeze, it's a miracle you guys had any product come out at all.

Reply to this topic

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users