I see Scourge having blue eyes is a thing now.
Or at least this image leads me to believe it is.
Jump to content
Posted 27 January 2016 - 08:36 AM
Posted 27 January 2016 - 08:43 AM
Pretty much where I'm at with the line.
For the larger figures, I'm pretty much only in it for the ones that were actually Headmasters in G1 (although I'll get PMOP and might get Galvatron and Alpha Trion for those characters regardless of gimmick). But I could EASILY see myself becoming enamored with the mini-figs and their interactions with the larger figures as vehicles and bases.
Posted 27 January 2016 - 08:43 AM
Rumors for 7/30/2015
1. Blaster is Leader Class.
2. Soundwave is Leader Class.
3. Leader Class Optimus Prime's head will turn into a Ginrai/High-Q. No word on whether it has a base mode or Roller, but Combiner Wars Ultra Magnus can do a base mode, so it's likely.
4. It looks like the Headmasters will fit on Generations Voyager Brainstorm.
5. It does not look like Cerebros will have a vehicle mode.
6. Titans Return will be very season 3/4 and The Rebirth centric. Think twice before buying third party Headmasters. (they might be Voyager size).
7. Headmasters will all come with a small accessory/partner who is a vehicle for the Autobots or a creature for the Decepticons, that the head can connect to. These accessories have 5mm pegs, for possible weapon modes.
8. For the Deluxes in Titan Wars, expect the 1986 movie robots in "2005" Cybertronian alt modes, like Blurr, Hot Rod and Kup.
Apparently Kup and Hot Rod were mentioned in one of the podcasts and went unreported (?) until now.
Obviously people assumed a new Hot Rod was coming based on the Junkion set.
Posted 27 January 2016 - 08:46 AM
I still think that choosing to do the Movie characters as Headmsters is a bad idea. Pretty much all of them have head shapes or protrusions incompatible with the general Headmaster "fold into a cube" transformation unless they have helmets to complete the look like the bigger toys.
Edited by unluckiness, 27 January 2016 - 08:46 AM.
Posted 27 January 2016 - 08:49 AM
Kup could work as a Headmaster. Hot Rod (either IDW or Movie) would be more difficult.
Though they did round Brainstorm's head up quite a bit.
Am I the only one who finds it funny that Chromedome has the better (IMO) toy colors for his head rather than the IDW colors? Especially when the TFSS version originally had the toy colors (while not IDW accurate surely are the more stand out choice) and were then changed due to fan demand.
As for why I like the original head colors better it's because the helmet, face, and eyes don't end up all blended in together.
Posted 27 January 2016 - 08:57 AM
I do wonder if Hot Rod will be full on Movie like Blurr and Scourge or if he'll be IDW based like Chromedome.
Or even possibly toy based like Hardhead.
We have the Masterpiece coming up, but we haven't gotten a really good Movie or IDW style Hot Rod figure (the Classics one hasn't aged that well) so I could see them going either way.
Posted 27 January 2016 - 09:08 AM
Or an overly-loose neck, depending on how you look at it.
I thought Brainstorm's problem was an overly-tight neck...?
Posted 27 January 2016 - 09:17 AM
I'd imagine that the Horrocons, being triple changers, would likely be voyagers rather then deluxe, and we've not see too many voyagers for the line yet. I half expect Galvatron to be remolded into one of them.
3DS Friend Code: 0387-9040-3532
VOTE for what I play on 8/30!
Friday: Sonic Generations - Sunday: Transformers WFC - Tuesday: Little Inferno
Posted 27 January 2016 - 09:18 AM
Edited by ZacWilliam1, 27 January 2016 - 09:30 AM.
Posted 27 January 2016 - 09:37 AM
Still want to buy this entire line. Love it.
NEEDS: Beast Wars II DRILLNUTS
Beast Wars Powerpinch
Beast Wars Returns Strika
Beast Wars Returns Obsidian
SCF Chase figures - see post here - plenty to trade
0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users