Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  unluckiness : (24 June 2019 - 03:18 AM)

That is not a good thing, especially in the long term

@  MEDdMI : (23 June 2019 - 10:17 PM)

So who wants to hear about this mole on my nose that I keep scratching open

@  NotVeryKnightly : (23 June 2019 - 09:24 PM)

Yeah, it's kind of defeating the purpose of making political discussions more restricted if you're just gonna go at it elsewhere on this site.

@  Telly : (23 June 2019 - 07:06 PM)

that would probly fit better in the p & r thread. its there for things just like this

@  Nevermore : (23 June 2019 - 03:29 PM)

The citizens resisted by buying up all the town's beer reserves so the Nazis would have to stay sober the entire time.

@  Nevermore : (23 June 2019 - 03:28 PM)

Meanwhile, congratulations civil resistance, part 2: So a group of Nazis were holding one of their Good Old Times Reenactment festivals in a small East German town.

@  Nevermore : (23 June 2019 - 03:26 PM)

It's basically like an anti-Trump candidate winning Texas.

@  Nevermore : (23 June 2019 - 03:25 PM)

The mayoral elections of Istanbul are considered to be a key indicator for the political climate in the entire country.

@  Nevermore : (23 June 2019 - 03:24 PM)

This time, it was a landslide victory for the opposition's candidate.

@  Nevermore : (23 June 2019 - 03:23 PM)

After president Erdogan had a court revoke the results of the mayoral election of Istanbul after the opposition party's candidate had won by a small margin, the election was repeated today.

@  Nevermore : (23 June 2019 - 03:21 PM)

Congratulations, democracy part 1: Today is a historic day for Turkey.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (23 June 2019 - 02:31 PM)

Convert, does he timeout?

@  unluckiness : (23 June 2019 - 09:12 AM)

Did he form the feet and legs or the arms and body?

@  Patch : (22 June 2019 - 06:11 PM)

Nah, he was one of the Lions

@  MEDdMI : (22 June 2019 - 04:45 PM)

Is he a Shellformer

@  Nevermore : (22 June 2019 - 12:38 PM)

Supposedly it's about that football player Calvin Johnson.

@  Pennpenn : (22 June 2019 - 07:03 AM)

I'm vaguely confused why there is a Nicki Minaj song in my youtube reccomendations, but even more confused as to why that song (which appears to be from an official account) is called "MEGATRON".

@  Liege : (21 June 2019 - 10:03 PM)

Alpha Q all night long.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (21 June 2019 - 10:44 AM)

Only if you ask nicely, Silv.

@  RichardT1977 : (21 June 2019 - 09:42 AM)

1998 Zilla is the Gaijin era.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (21 June 2019 - 01:59 AM)

Alpha Q?

@  PlutoniumBoss : (21 June 2019 - 01:16 AM)

Alpha Q, and U, but not U.

@  Steevy Maximus : (20 June 2019 - 08:55 PM)

KISS Players

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (20 June 2019 - 07:15 PM)

Ultra Q

@  TheMightyMol... : (20 June 2019 - 03:15 PM)

So which series is 90s American Godzilla?

@  Dekafox : (20 June 2019 - 03:12 PM)

So G1 Marvel would be Showa Transformers then

@  NotVeryKnightly : (20 June 2019 - 12:37 PM)

Yes.

@  RichardT1977 : (20 June 2019 - 12:05 PM)

Is it weeby of me to refer to the two IDW TF continuities as Heisei and Reiwa? I mean, the switchover almost perfectly lines up with the change of eras...

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (20 June 2019 - 10:35 AM)

I hate when the spicy version of something isn't spicy!

@  Pennpenn : (20 June 2019 - 08:43 AM)

I hate it when the spicy version of something is in almost identical packaging to the non-spicy version. Especially when I don't notice until I've got home.

@  TheMightyMol... : (19 June 2019 - 05:44 PM)

They make a lot of pills for that.

@  Nevermore : (19 June 2019 - 05:42 PM)

I got the results of the test back. I definitely have no sense of humor.

@  Paladin : (18 June 2019 - 05:59 PM)

so anyway how is your sex life?

@  TheMightyMol... : (18 June 2019 - 10:50 AM)

These jokes are tearing me apart.

@  unluckiness : (18 June 2019 - 08:55 AM)

Only if the customer reviews give it all high marks.

@  Patch : (18 June 2019 - 04:42 AM)

Are they going to call it "I-Did-Nawtflix?"

@  unluckiness : (18 June 2019 - 12:48 AM)

I see, so what the world needs is a Tommy Wiseau streaming service.

@  TM2-Megatron : (17 June 2019 - 11:02 PM)

Well, Conan did start the trend that resulted in a wave of Barbarian films in the mid to late 80s

@  MEDdMI : (17 June 2019 - 10:57 PM)

I keep wanting to read Corman as Conan

@  TM2-Megatron : (17 June 2019 - 10:29 PM)

There needs to be some streaming service that caters to connoisseurs of schlock. Otherwise, a huge part of our cultural history will be wiped away. While many of these films are available on blu-ray, with more coming out each month, it's good they're also available for the streaming crowd.

@  TM2-Megatron : (17 June 2019 - 10:18 PM)

Corman did make an impressive number of barbarian films back in the day. If impressive is the word

@  Steevy Maximus : (17 June 2019 - 08:11 PM)

I mean, where else are you going to see the entire Roger Corman barbarian fantasy library (legally) for free?

@  Steevy Maximus : (17 June 2019 - 08:09 PM)

Oh Tubi TV, you are a haven for terrible films. Netflix, Hulu and Crackle all push for mainstream appeal and prestige, you got the guts to have ready access to dregs even the SyFy channel wouldn't air

@  ▲ndrusi : (17 June 2019 - 01:33 PM)

Also you have Bayonetta and a bunch of Fire Emblem people.

@  ▲ndrusi : (17 June 2019 - 01:33 PM)

...I mean, Tales character. Probably up to/for it.

@  TheMightyMol... : (17 June 2019 - 01:26 PM)

But what if I need to kill a god? Or several of them?

@  ▲ndrusi : (17 June 2019 - 11:25 AM)

Kratos is allowed, but only the one from Tales of Symphonia

@  TheMightyMol... : (17 June 2019 - 10:56 AM)

So no Kratos?

@  ▲ndrusi : (17 June 2019 - 10:42 AM)

In any case I'd rather have another Fire Emblem character than another character from a PlayStation exclusive game who teeeeeechnically was in a spinoff.

@  ▲ndrusi : (17 June 2019 - 10:39 AM)

Kong had his name on the games first, but Mario was the protagonist first. It's debatable.

DocChloroplast's Starscreams and more

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
No replies to this topic

#1 (Deactivated) DocChloroplast

(Deactivated) DocChloroplast
  • Guests

Posted 24 January 2016 - 03:55 PM

Here's my relatively meager collection, started in about 2002 when I got back into Transformers as a result of Armada. As the title says, I focused mostly on Starscream over the last 14 years, but when my wife got into TF via MTMTE, we started accumulating a few of the female TFs, too. Toss in the odd Legends figure and we get the motley that is our collection.

U9hFpG7.png

First up are the Leader/Masterpiece-type 'screamers adorning the top of the shelf (that's US Masterpiece V1 transformed on the right there). Below are Strongarm, a Legends OP, Windblade, CW Rodimus, Chromia, Prime Hyperspeed Wheeljack, and Legends (CW) Starscream w/Waspinator, Skywarp, and Thundercracker. The poor-man's seeker collection! Also behind Windblade and Chromia is a still-in-box Alternators Skywarp; I need a good place to display him in car mode.

wPX5NT5.png

Up next is likely my favorite version, the G1 kind, with Commemorative Edition Starscream leading the pack on the far left. There's a fair bit of merchandise here, including the multi-part Kreon to the left of the Armada Starscream, imports of the Revoltech, Takara "WFC", Q-Transformer, and Alternity Starscreams, some non-Starscream Kreons atop the Mighty Mugs box, and the plane for Action Master Starscream at the far end. I brought it from my parents' house when I was down there last; sadly, AM Starscream seems to be gone.

Next shelf down is Armada Starscream. There's a bit of merchandise missing which is in storage in Boston, but in the meantime I have most of the domestic releases of the figure. The "Heroes of Cybertron"-styled figure and Voyager-class Cyberton Starscreams are, of course, Takara imports.

jKiUHzv.png

On the fourth shelf is my Movie Starscream collection. It may surprise some of you to know that Hasbro really pushed for merchandising for its films. It's true. Anyways, I have MOST of his domestic figures here; I briefly entertained the idea of trying my hand at some of the Takara exclusives, but that one Red Starscream is so garish I decided against it. Among the missing items are various repaints (mostly of the Legends class figures, but I'm also missing some of the ROTF Voyager redecos and one or two of the first Movie mold), along with a few merch items like the Gravity Bots and Activators.. Below are my Animated and Prime collection. Surprisingly, Starscream had very little Animated stuff for me to get; for a while I wanted to get all the clones, but they weren't all released in the same size so screw it. I missed a few key guys in the Prime lineup, especially his Voyager class incarnation and the first Legends one, but otherwise I'm pretty satisfied with it.

FysuvTv.png

Rounding things out is my current crown jewel, the Hasbro V2 Masterpiece figure. I ended up paying probably a bit more than I should have for him, but again, I consider him to be the best figure of the lot so far. Here he is bravely (?) guarding the lightswitch for our electric fireplace. What an asset to the Decepticon cause. Not shown to the left are a bunch of Sailor Moon Figuarts figures and some amiibos.

And that's that. Among the figures I would LOVE to add to this are some version of CW Devastator, Victorion, and Unite Warriors Grand Galvatron (mostly for the Starscream figure). I honestly wouldn't mind some other representation of him in "Ghost" form. I'd love to have the MP one, but I'd settle for the Classics mold or even the WFC one. Barring that, I'm pretty satisfied with my collection, and dont' see myself necessarily hunting down any of the older figures (unless, of course, I happen to run across a Pretenders or Machine Wars Starscream somewhere for like 5 bucks, then yes please).

Thanks for reading. And, as Starscream would say, *whine b*tch moan complain*