Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  TheMightyMol... : (14 August 2020 - 02:47 AM)

Fake news, no shinobi.

@  Sabrblade : (13 August 2020 - 10:31 PM)

Turns out the President set the whole thing up as a publicity stunt. Very rude.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (13 August 2020 - 08:11 PM)

The ninjas will go away, it will be fine.

@  Paladin : (13 August 2020 - 08:02 PM)

listen; i'm sure there were very fine ninjas on both sides.

@  TheMightyMol... : (13 August 2020 - 07:50 PM)

My thoughts and prayers go out to the ninjas.

@  Cybersnark : (13 August 2020 - 06:36 PM)

Can we just let them have him?

@  Bass X0 : (13 August 2020 - 06:18 PM)

The president has been kidnapped by ninjas. Are you a bad enough dude to rescue the president?

@  Otaku : (13 August 2020 - 03:08 PM)

At first, I obviously thought I was correct.  Then I thought perhaps the spelling had changed for some reason.  Copyright/trademark law is weird, ya know?  Now I just accept I goofed. XD

@  Otaku : (13 August 2020 - 03:07 PM)

See, that one directly applies to me.  Apparently, I'd been misreading and mispronouncing it wrong for over 30 years... and I still slip and do it the wrong way much of the time.

@  Paladin : (13 August 2020 - 07:37 AM)

for the Internet age its the "Berenstain" Effect.

@  Bass X0 : (12 August 2020 - 01:49 PM)

Can you root for what The Rock is cooking!?

@  -LittleAutob... : (12 August 2020 - 10:35 AM)

sOmEoNe NoTiCeD-

@  wonko the sane? : (12 August 2020 - 07:37 AM)

I am the only one rooting for the rock these days?

@  Maximus Ambus : (12 August 2020 - 12:37 AM)

Sour grapes for the next decade until Apophis hits.

@  Hg Dragon : (11 August 2020 - 11:26 PM)

Thank yoo for vatching hydroolic pthress chan-nel.

@  Hg Dragon : (11 August 2020 - 11:19 PM)

Hey, do you have any grapes?

@  Otaku : (11 August 2020 - 05:18 PM)

I dunno... it sounds kind of quackers to me.

@  -LittleAutob... : (11 August 2020 - 05:17 PM)

That would be nice....

@  TheMightyMol... : (11 August 2020 - 04:36 PM)

I wish I could just sit by a pond and watch ducks for a while.

@  Maximus Ambus : (11 August 2020 - 03:52 AM)

Others say Joe sat down at this pond next to these ducks but really there's just no place in this world for an old man and his ducks.

@  Nevermore : (10 August 2020 - 06:48 PM)

Even worse when I can produce those verifiable facts at a later point, and then the other person simply claims the argument was the other way round (as in, I was actually arguing their position and vice versa).

@  Nevermore : (10 August 2020 - 06:47 PM)

I can argue with people about my versus their memory of events when verifiable facts are not readily available, though, and I get really annoyed when I'm capable of presenting a precise, step-by-step summary with multiple key points that can be used for future verification, and the other person just goes "nope, wrong" without going into detail.

@  Nevermore : (10 August 2020 - 06:45 PM)

I forget things, and I misremember things. But when presented with verifiable facts, my reaction is more like "Huh, could have sworn it was like that", not "this reality is not my own".

@  Nevermore : (10 August 2020 - 06:43 PM)

I have an extremely good memory (which I have proven time and again), and even I can be mistaken.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (10 August 2020 - 06:40 PM)

Might be worth pointing out that it only became "Mandela Effect" and not just "I remembered this wrong" when a conspiracy theorist insisted it was proof of alternate timelines.

@  Otaku : (10 August 2020 - 06:29 PM)

Incorrectly remembering Nelson Mandela's fate may be uniquely American... but is it really that strange to get South African political history wrong when you're no where near South Africa?

@  Otaku : (10 August 2020 - 06:29 PM)

I always assumed the Mandela Effect was a "human thing", not an American thing.

@  wonko the sane? : (10 August 2020 - 02:03 PM)

Then there are people who outright manufacture memories for whatever reason.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (10 August 2020 - 01:13 PM)

The human brain is so flaky that it is extremely unlikely that a given person does NOT have any false memories.

@  OverDrive73 : (10 August 2020 - 01:05 PM)

Perhaps it's simple word association the movie Sinbad and then our minds apply the same memories to a man named Sinbad.

@  OverDrive73 : (10 August 2020 - 01:04 PM)

The Mandela Effect is the same as people remembering Sinbad in a movie where he played a genie... Of which he never did.

@  MidnightFox : (10 August 2020 - 09:36 AM)

People that believe Mandela Effect things would rather come up with any number of reasons as to why their version doesn't have any actual evidence(like alternate timelines collapsing into our own) than just admit they remembered something wrong

@  MidnightFox : (10 August 2020 - 09:35 AM)

Sort of. It's more that when presented with a verifiable fact, they double down because it's what they believe instead of changing their minds

@  ▲ndrusi : (10 August 2020 - 09:25 AM)

"I could have sworn that ______."

@  ▲ndrusi : (10 August 2020 - 09:25 AM)

I'm not arguing with either of those two statements, but they're not really connected. Mandela Effect is, to oversimplify, people being widely mistaken about what they think *is* a verifiable fact. Nothing to do with opinions.

@  MidnightFox : (10 August 2020 - 08:52 AM)

Pretty sure the Mandela Effect in general is an American thing. Opinion > Verifiable Facts is sadly a pretty American thing

@  Nevermore : (10 August 2020 - 04:27 AM)

Ask these people how Apartheid ended according to their recollection, and I'm sure they'll draw a blank.

@  Nevermore : (10 August 2020 - 04:25 AM)

You got two black anti-Apartheid activists who were imprisoned by the oppressive regime. One died, the other was Nelson Mandela. It's not a far stretch that Americans who don't know many details about the history of other countries would mix up the two.

@  Nevermore : (10 August 2020 - 04:24 AM)

My own theory is that these people are simply mixing up Nelson Mandela and Steve Biko, another South African anti-Apartheid activist, who did indeed die in police custody in 1977. There was an Oscar-nominated movie about his life starring Denzel Washington that came out in 1987, the same time frame these people claim remembering Mandela dying.

@  Nevermore : (10 August 2020 - 04:17 AM)

I met a few people from South Africa, and they either never heard of the phenomenon at all, or only know of it from the internet. Apparently, it's completely unknown in South Africa, and it might even be entirely limited to the United States.

@  Nevermore : (10 August 2020 - 04:16 AM)

So does anyone remember the "Mandela Effect"? I'm talking specifically about the original case where many people vividly remember Nelson Mandela dying in prison in the 1980s.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (10 August 2020 - 03:16 AM)

Crisis of Corona.

@  TheMightyMol... : (09 August 2020 - 06:16 PM)

Which crisis crossover are we on now? I lost track.

@  Rycochet : (09 August 2020 - 05:18 PM)

Much of the past decade has been the part of the comic series where less than stellar authors have driven the series into the ground and the editors are getting ready to either do a big multi issue crossover, leading to a reboot.

@  Bass X0 : (09 August 2020 - 02:28 PM)

At this point I've just decided to consider 2020 "not canon."

@  TheMightyMol... : (09 August 2020 - 02:18 PM)

'member Pepperidge Farm?

@  Maximus Ambus : (09 August 2020 - 02:10 PM)

Before the 'member berries there was Pepperidge farm. Pepperidge farm remembers.

@  OverDrive73 : (09 August 2020 - 12:21 PM)

>>>Shameless Plug<<< FYI. posted the last part of Quest for Tires in Allspark Pictures

@  SG Roadbuster : (08 August 2020 - 01:53 PM)

@Nevermore yes.

@  Nevermore : (08 August 2020 - 09:11 AM)

Is $30 a good deal for Subscription Service Breakdown?

Photo
- - - - -

Netflix and Voltron Combine Forces to Launch New Series!

1907 replies to this topic

#41 Tm_Silverclaw

Tm_Silverclaw
  • Citizen
  • 11247 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 07 January 2016 - 02:33 AM

The problem is.. story wise *unless it's a complete reboot* you can't have "newer lions." because the lions if not outright sentient, are at least very smart AI and not easily replicated. 

The best is you could go with the comic cannon of the Vehical Voltron being a knock off.. or a new attempt at a knock off.

#42 Daith

Daith

My Nyah brings all the girls to the yard

• Supporter
  • 9559 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 02:49 AM

Or watch the new Voltron be based on none of the previous series and make a new Mighty robot, loved by good, feared by evil...

Switch code: SW-6538-7795-1972

#43 Magick

Magick

Autobot Rainbow Brigade

• Citizen
  • 2728 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 07 January 2016 - 01:09 PM

I enjoyed Voltron as a kid, but I don't think a straight modernization would be great. Give me something Venture Bros esque. Simultaniouly lampoon and embrace the genre staples. The original pilots and lions are outdated by younger hipper pilots, and a newer more powerful robot. Maybe do a jurassic world style homage/not quite a reboot thing. Eventually the new Voltron force gets in over there heads and the og team blazing swords the jive out of something leaving the new guys stunned.

Sounds like you want Titan Maximum. Created by Seth Green a few years ago. I think it lasted only one season. It was like an Archer version of Voltron.
How is it that we put man on the moon before we figured out it would be a good idea to put wheels on luggage?

#44 Tm_Silverclaw

Tm_Silverclaw
  • Citizen
  • 11247 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 02:29 PM

I felt the Megas XLR spoof was better than Titan Maximum. Titan Maximum fell to AS's need to use potty humor way to much.

#45 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 30669 posts

Posted 09 January 2016 - 12:41 AM

It's gonna be an uphill battle for this new series to surpass the best one that is Voltron: The Third Dimension.

Yeah, I said it. The Third Dimension was (and still is) better than either Defender of the Universe or Force, and was cut short way too soon before its time.

Edited by Sabrblade, 09 January 2016 - 12:41 AM.

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#46 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

Oh dear lord I am bored...

• Citizen
  • 43615 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 09 January 2016 - 09:33 AM

How about we all take a nice, deep, calming breath.

Most of the stuff that netflix made has been pretty good. They have a decent track record for their own productions: why not give them the chance to wow us? Cause, and let's face it: netflix is probably staffed with fanboys and fangirls of all stripes and making a bad cartoon of any kind would more than likely end with open revolt at the offices.

I'll say it again: I'm looking forward to this, I have a pretty good feeling about it.

Per Nick Nemesis's Suggestion: I hate everything.

#47 Paladin

Paladin

Have Zord, Will Travel

• Citizen
  • 13494 posts

Posted 08 February 2016 - 04:46 PM

Seems the series has a name- 

L0BZyFG.jpg

Stuff for sale; every little bit helps. :) https://www.allspark.com/forums/topic/143212-for-sale-3p-mp-potp-super-sentai-stuff TWITTER: Paladin4221

#48 Sprocket

Sprocket

Problematic.

• Citizen
  • 9604 posts

Posted 08 February 2016 - 07:22 PM

Huh. Maybe this is what Avatar creators Bryan Konietzko and Michael Dante DiMartino are working on: when I talked to a Paramount rep at NYCC, he said they were working on the story treatment for Voltron, and I assumed it was yet another of WEP's attempts at a live-action movie, but maybe it's this.

Being part of any fandom is fundamentally embarassing.

#49 Confuzor

Confuzor

They put em in Smash Bros!!!!

• Supporter
  • 8254 posts

Posted 08 February 2016 - 08:26 PM

You can kinda make out a silhouette there.

#50 Fnu Aw

Fnu Aw

*Vader breathing*

• Administrator
  • 40864 posts

Posted 08 February 2016 - 09:16 PM

I want to believe.

B5ofTKU.jpg

#51 Daith

Daith

My Nyah brings all the girls to the yard

• Supporter
  • 9559 posts

Posted 08 February 2016 - 11:29 PM

This looks decent for Promo material.

Switch code: SW-6538-7795-1972

#52 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 30669 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 01:12 AM

DreamWorks? Didn't expect to see their name on this.

I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#53 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

Oh dear lord I am bored...

• Citizen
  • 43615 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 10:17 AM

DreamWorks? Didn't expect to see their name on this.

I'll give them one credit: their animated stuff is never that good, but it's usually fun.

Per Nick Nemesis's Suggestion: I hate everything.

#54 Benbot

Benbot

What a nerd

• Supporter
  • 5674 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 11:54 AM

I can't see much, but I like what I do see! 

#55 Paladin

Paladin

Have Zord, Will Travel

• Citizen
  • 13494 posts

Posted 12 February 2016 - 07:47 AM

Allegedly this is concept art for the new series. 

Attached Thumbnails

• VoltronNetflix.jpg

Stuff for sale; every little bit helps. :) https://www.allspark.com/forums/topic/143212-for-sale-3p-mp-potp-super-sentai-stuff TWITTER: Paladin4221

#56 Benbot

Benbot

What a nerd

• Supporter
  • 5674 posts

Posted 12 February 2016 - 08:19 AM

I generally hate reboots, but this is one case where one is necessary and wanted (by me).  The above design looks great--Voltron is in need of a visual refresh.  I didn't like the Voltron Force design, but if the new one is anything like that alleged concept art, I'm on board! 

Edited by Benbot, 12 February 2016 - 10:18 AM.

#57 GodSentinelOmega

GodSentinelOmega

Holy Electric Boogaloo Batman! I think

• Staff
  • 14587 posts

Posted 12 February 2016 - 08:43 AM

Voltron is cheest cool and i loved it. So i am hopeful this is gonna be good.

fslookup.jpg

#58 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 30669 posts

Posted 12 February 2016 - 11:48 AM

The curvy/angular hybrid design reminds me of the Voltron Force Voltron design.

#59 spikeriley

spikeriley

Time To Go Turbo!

• Citizen
  • 3675 posts

Posted 12 February 2016 - 05:44 PM

Seeing the concept art, it looks like DreamWorks is actually going to give Voltron a good reboot like they did with Peabody and Sherman.

#60 Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus

Snarky Siegie

• Citizen
  • 4976 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 13 February 2016 - 01:44 PM

It was revealed today that Playmates, makers of TMNT, had gotten the toy license for the new Voltron series.

And Ben 10, seemingly in conjunction with a new cartoon

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users