Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  wonko the sane? : (03 December 2020 - 03:13 PM)

Fuzzy little thermal vampires...

@  TheMightyMol... : (03 December 2020 - 02:38 PM)

Well of course. Your spot now has your body heat in it. That's what the cat really desires.

@  TM2-Megatron : (03 December 2020 - 12:23 PM)

The pictures when you google that are adorable, but unfortunately my cat hates cat-sized beds. He does like getting in the way on human-sized beds, chairs and sofas, though. If you get up, watch out, 'cuz your spot will be gone when you return.

@  wonko the sane? : (03 December 2020 - 09:01 AM)

I learned that the famed ikea cat bed actually IS available in canada, but they called it a doll bed up here for some reason.

@  Steevy Maximus : (02 December 2020 - 05:39 PM)

*good week

@  Steevy Maximus : (02 December 2020 - 05:35 PM)

It's been a good work for The Hunt: got Netflix Bumblebee (suck it Walmart!) and stopped at Walgreens and found a lone Bluestreak. I'm pretty much done until new stuff rolls out in February

@  tigerhawk : (02 December 2020 - 03:53 PM)

There's some fab fandubs of comic scenes on Youtube, it's MTMTE/LL mostly but there's some great stuff such as Tarn learning of Megatron's defection and Megatron talking to Ravage.

@  Steevy Maximus : (30 November 2020 - 09:31 PM)

Wonderful audio separation and balance.

@  Steevy Maximus : (30 November 2020 - 09:29 PM)

For Transformers The Movie 86

@  Steevy Maximus : (30 November 2020 - 09:28 PM)

I will say, the blu ray remaster, especially the audio is pretty spot on. Watching it on Apple TV has been enlightening.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (30 November 2020 - 09:00 PM)

Vode An!

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (30 November 2020 - 08:59 PM)

I do not overly care for the Bad Batch, but it will be interesting to see what the animated series will bring to the table.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (30 November 2020 - 08:59 PM)

Alpha, Delta Squad, Omega Squad, and the Muunilinst 10 are quite the contrast to what we have at present in Disney canon.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (30 November 2020 - 08:57 PM)

Who else here read the pre-2008 Clone Commandos and ARC Troopers back in the day?

@  tigerhawk : (30 November 2020 - 05:04 PM)

Monoliths in Utah and Romania.

@  Sabrblade : (29 November 2020 - 05:11 PM)

Also, the face of the black redeco is painted gray.

@  Sabrblade : (29 November 2020 - 05:09 PM)

To be a little fair, the original was also lacking in more detailed color. The Telemocha Series figure fixed that.

@  TheMightyMol... : (29 November 2020 - 05:05 PM)

The unpainted face and all the greys make that look like a knockoff.

@  Sabrblade : (29 November 2020 - 05:01 PM)

One could headcanon this one as such.

@  Otaku : (29 November 2020 - 01:06 PM)

@Bass X0 Weird how they come close, with the likes of Onyx Primal and Nemesis Prime (Universe 2003), but no actual evil gorilla...

@  wonko the sane? : (28 November 2020 - 03:00 PM)

Oh my god! WFC ravage is adorable! Who's a pudgy kitty? Yes you are!

@  tigerhawk : (28 November 2020 - 09:50 AM)

The 86 line prevented made me reconsider a new years resolution.

@  unluckiness : (28 November 2020 - 04:33 AM)

And Devastator because I'm a sucker for combiners

@  unluckiness : (28 November 2020 - 04:32 AM)

Decided to stick with the main cast from 2007 and a few assorted ones here and there.

@  TheMightyMol... : (27 November 2020 - 02:02 PM)

I said I wouldn't buy a lot, now I have seven. And at least three might be on the culling pile.

@  tigerhawk : (27 November 2020 - 11:44 AM)

"I'll just get one" I said now I have almost twenty Studio Series figures.

@  wonko the sane? : (27 November 2020 - 11:19 AM)

The geese are fleeing... death comes soon...

@  unluckiness : (25 November 2020 - 07:20 PM)

Not even head, just a faceeven

@  TheMightyMol... : (25 November 2020 - 12:58 PM)

Just stick a Megatron head on Optimal Optimus.

@  Sabrblade : (25 November 2020 - 12:46 PM)

There was also an evil-looking black and gray redeco of the RobotMasters toy

@  Arazyr : (25 November 2020 - 11:54 AM)

That's KIND-OF what I consider the Throne of the Primes Primal to be...

@  wonko the sane? : (25 November 2020 - 11:16 AM)

I would buy the hell out a nemesis primal...

@  Bass X0 : (25 November 2020 - 11:15 AM)

I'm surprised there's not been a Nemesis Primal given all the Nemesis Primes.

@  unluckiness : (23 November 2020 - 03:17 AM)

The real Drifts were the Windblades we made along the way

@  PlutoniumBoss : (23 November 2020 - 02:25 AM)

Drift-kun 2 Electric Boobylube

@  ▲ndrusi : (22 November 2020 - 11:36 PM)

I'm pretty sure Drift 2 was Empire of Stone.

@  Sabrblade : (22 November 2020 - 10:06 PM)

I thought people said Prime Wheeljack was Drift 2.

@  tigerhawk : (22 November 2020 - 03:51 PM)

Windblade was Drift.2.

@  TheMightyMol... : (22 November 2020 - 02:44 PM)

Drift with boobs.

@  Rycochet : (22 November 2020 - 11:50 AM)

I can't imagine a live action movie version of Windblade being all that different from Drift. Not my thing, but not the worst thing I've ever seen.

@  Bass X0 : (22 November 2020 - 09:54 AM)

The thought of Movie aesthetic Windblade makes me feel sick.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (22 November 2020 - 08:47 AM)

Though, the fact that Japanese people would pay for Windblade toys in the $30-40 range doesn't mean they'd pay however much MPs are going for now.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (22 November 2020 - 08:44 AM)

Back when I made a habit of checking Mandarake for pre-owned TFs, Windblade's toys went for surprisingly high prices. By which I mean not lower than the original price.

@  tigerhawk : (22 November 2020 - 08:15 AM)

If she's in the next movie you might get her.

@  unluckiness : (22 November 2020 - 07:58 AM)

Japan didn't get most of the IDW comics and are the target market for MP. They basically know windblade from a few crappy pack-in comics and a show that wasn't particularly popular there. Unless they start cranking out Cyberverse MPs, it's not very likely.

@  TheMightyMol... : (22 November 2020 - 04:24 AM)

Again, depends if she's popular enough in Japan to warrant it. Our view of which characters are popular is not the same as Takara's.

@  Bass X0 : (22 November 2020 - 01:53 AM)

So characters like Windblade then.

@  TheMightyMol... : (21 November 2020 - 07:19 PM)

They're complicated and expensive to design. By necessity, they're gonna be restricted to well-known characters who are more likely to sell.

@  Bass X0 : (21 November 2020 - 07:05 PM)

I don’t think Masterpiece toys should be restricted to only show characters.

@  Rycochet : (21 November 2020 - 03:09 PM)

If she wasn't in the Sunbow cartoon, Live Action movie or Beast Wars and can't be repainted from someone else, she's not getting an MP.

Photo

TMNT 2 First Trailer HD

198 replies to this topic

#181 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 31454 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 03 June 2016 - 09:13 PM

Y'know...  What is Casey's day job in other versions?  As far as I can remember, he's just some jobless dude hitting people as a hobby.

In the current cartoon on Nick, he's still a teenage student in school.

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#182 Confuzor

Confuzor

They put em in Smash Bros!!!!

• Supporter
  • 8378 posts

Posted 04 June 2016 - 12:14 AM

Movie was a hell of alot of fun. Much more coherent than the first one.

Only gripe:
Spoiler

Oh yeah. And Ice Ice Baby is credited as written by David Bowie.

Edited by Confuzor, 04 June 2016 - 12:17 AM.

#183 ShinMusashi44

ShinMusashi44
  • Citizen
  • 489 posts

Posted 04 June 2016 - 03:08 AM

I want to ask a spoiler. For anyone that's seen the movie, is Shredder supposed to be the same character from the first or a different character with the same name? Strange that it's a different actor if it's the same person.

#184 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 18328 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 04 June 2016 - 05:12 AM

I want to ask a spoiler. For anyone that's seen the movie, is Shredder supposed to be the same character from the first or a different character with the same name? Strange that it's a different actor if it's the same person.

Which character from the first one do you mean? It's been awhile but IIRC that movie had the scientist dork who dresses in cyber armor that's based on the Shredder and his only seen in shadow boss who is meant to be the actual Shredder the armor is built for.

- ZacWilliam, I havn't seen it yet but I'm assuming this film features the second one.
Ever wonder about the speed of Turbofoxes?
Or the proverbial ailerons of Titanium Moosebots?

*Visit the one and only Cybertronic Bestiary.
For a mechazoologic tour of the mechanimals of Cybertron.

#185 Confuzor

Confuzor

• Supporter
  • 8378 posts

Posted 04 June 2016 - 06:35 AM

Its not really a spoiler. Shredder didn't die at the end of the last movie. He's in police custody when the movie starts.

#186 skankerzero

skankerzero

Back in DFW!

• Citizen
  • 7459 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 06 June 2016 - 11:59 PM

Which character from the first one do you mean? It's been awhile but IIRC that movie had the scientist dork who dresses in cyber armor that's based on the Shredder and his only seen in shadow boss who is meant to be the actual Shredder the armor is built for.

- ZacWilliam, I havn't seen it yet but I'm assuming this film features the second one.

The only person that wore the cyber armor was Shredder.

-----------
jesse sosa
owner / creative director
Dinosaur Games

#187 Zodberg

Zodberg

The doctor is in.

• Citizen
  • 15563 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 07 June 2016 - 06:18 AM

Bebop and Rocksteady stole the movie.

Why was Shredder in it at all? Like, you could have had Krang interact with Stockman, cut Shredder out completely, no problem. It feels he was only there to establish him as him after the last movie had somebody else as him.

Jablonsky's score was excellent.

I'm surprised they went full on technodrome this early instead of saving that for movie 3.

Woooo!

#188 Cheetimus Primal

Cheetimus Primal
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 07 June 2016 - 06:58 AM

I'm glad they didn't wait because apparently this movie isn't making any money... :(

#189 Confuzor

Confuzor

• Supporter
  • 8378 posts

Posted 07 June 2016 - 04:06 PM

Thats such a shame after the hoops the movie is jumping through to evoke the 80s toon feel in life action.

I wonder what it is thats turning people off to this one that didn't for the first.

#190 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 18328 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 07 June 2016 - 04:19 PM

Likely having seen the first.

-ZacWilliam, that's my nightmare for TF5, movie actually much improved by the writers room and reletively good for once and THATS the film that finally bombs cause everyone got fed up at last with AOE.

Edited by ZacWilliam1, 07 June 2016 - 04:20 PM.

Ever wonder about the speed of Turbofoxes?
Or the proverbial ailerons of Titanium Moosebots?

*Visit the one and only Cybertronic Bestiary.
For a mechazoologic tour of the mechanimals of Cybertron.

#191 Zodberg

Zodberg

The doctor is in.

• Citizen
  • 15563 posts

Posted 07 June 2016 - 11:50 PM

Honestly after Deadpool, BvS, Captain America 3, and X-Men, movie going audiences might not have money left. This year is beyond over-saturated and the bubble on them was due to burst and TMNT ended up with the scantest of leftovers. And remember, people pay for the movie before they make up their mind about it. The first movie had dreams and nostalgia powering it, this movie had memory of a very average preceeding film.. I hope there will still be a sequel because this movie is all about the merchandising and whatever.
Woooo!

#192 LBD "Nytetrayn"

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Quyzbuk

• Supporter
  • 18991 posts

Posted 08 June 2016 - 04:10 AM

This article, "'Ninja Turtles 2' Box Office Is Terrible News For 'Justice League'," calls it "The Tomb Raider Trap."

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gif0g9jaoG.gifuWt4fLV.gif

#193 Have a Pickle

Have a Pickle

Have a Pickle

• Supporter
  • 4753 posts

Posted 08 June 2016 - 01:36 PM

Movie was GREAT, especially compared to the first one. Tons of fun. 

Only gripe was the Krang intro scene. It felt SUPER rushed. Like, ridiculously so. No dramatic reveal for Krang, just IN YOUR FACE fast-talking slurping Trypticon voice and BAM! Shredder's in on his plan just like that. Really off-setting, especially so early in the film. 

But hey, I enjoyed it enough to get past those butt-ugly turtles, so they did well. 

#194 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 31454 posts

Posted 10 June 2016 - 06:51 PM

Saw it this morning. This movie was even more of a mess than Transformers: Age of Extinction, with plenty nonsensical moments and a plot that was all over the place and extremely rushed in several areas... but MAN was it boatloads more FUN than it had any right to be! There were so many wonderfully awesome and entertainingly endearing moments in this movie that made it so very hard to dislike it. Even though the plot holes stood out more obvious than the giant hole in the sky that the Technodrome came through, there was just so much that I was unashamedly geeking out over like no tomorrow! The Turtles were still great (though, Leo was an angsty jerk in certain parts) and both Bebop and Rocksteady were fantastic scene-stealers. Like with the first movie, pretty much every character who wasn't a mutant (so, every human character) was subpar, but I liked Casey. I didn't think he was that great or even a good representation of the Casey Jones character that we all know and love, but on his own, he felt like the most decent human of the cast (which really isn't saying much, but still). But there was so much stupid stuff in this movie like Baxter Stockman, April's unnecessary antics, the stuff with Krang that basically felt like the audience and the characters were already supposed to know who he is and what his deal is (Krang's whole plot felt very rushed and tacked on despite most of the rest of the movie revolving almost entirely around it), and so many non-sequitur moments that contributed nothing to the story and felt more like random detours. And yet... gaaaagh, the action scenes were so stinkin' FUN! Absurd, but FUN! It really was like a Saturday morning cartoon, but one written for childlike adults rather than actual children, and yet so much the non-nutritional aspects of the film were just so enjoyable. There was just so much JOY in this movie! It's dumb and silly, but it's the right kind of dumb and silly. It strongly feels like there could have been so much more to improve this subpar product of a movie, and yet the final product that we got still had a ton of Turtle-rific moments to love and adore. It's probably best described as one of the most pleasurable of guilty pleasure movies out there.

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#195 LBD "Nytetrayn"

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Quyzbuk

• Supporter
  • 18991 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 05:37 AM

Bleh... I was supposed to go see this with the wife on Saturday, a bit of anniversary fun, but instead I ended up at the hospital for most of my day to find out I've got an ear infection. =\

Hopefully next weekend... or next week... or whenever.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gif0g9jaoG.gifuWt4fLV.gif

#196 Paladin

Paladin

Have Zord, Will Travel

• Citizen
  • 13825 posts

Posted 31 October 2016 - 12:13 PM

So, they may have abandoned plans for TMNT 3.

http://comicbook.com...t-of-the-shado/

Stuff for sale; every little bit helps. :) https://www.allspark.com/forums/topic/143212-for-sale-3p-mp-potp-super-sentai-stuff TWITTER: Paladin4221

#197 HellCat

HellCat

Opinionated idiot

• Citizen
  • 29426 posts

Posted 01 November 2016 - 06:56 AM

Eh, they shouldn't have put it through the Bay machine. A solid TMNT movie would have legs in current superhero climate.

#198 Fero McPigletron

Fero McPigletron

Not a Maverick! Maybe.

• Citizen
  • 9550 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 11:30 AM

Only just saw it. Was really impressed with the Technodrome, hehe. They put in the angst with wanting to be human and I automatically flashed back to 'give it to Splinter!' before I realized it's not the toon version, haha. Bebop and Rocksteady weren't dopey oafs but were more aggressive, strange but still ok. Rocksteady can operate a tank, haha. Krang shouldn't leave his armor really. Well, it was dumb but I wouldn't mind seeing a third film. Such a shame.

FWXOT0z.gif

TOY DRAMA THEATER!

1 minute of (minimal) lights, (steady) camera and...  ACTION FIGURES! (mostly Transformers) - Episode 031: Combiners and chest envy 

Episodes here

#199 Rust

Rust

Slightly Off

• Supporter
  • 48703 posts

Posted 03 November 2016 - 05:33 PM

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users