Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Paladin : (14 November 2018 - 12:18 PM)

not really. duck meat is fowl.

@  wonko the sane? : (14 November 2018 - 12:01 PM)

Couldn't we just cook the duck? I mean, it would be tastier...

@  MEDdMI : (14 November 2018 - 12:09 AM)

That is much less than a duck, therefore it also floats. BURN THE INTERNET! ((Although it's an old article, I was surprised to find a result))

@  MEDdMI : (14 November 2018 - 12:04 AM)

http://discovermagazine.com/2007/jun/how-much-does-the-internet-weigh

@  wonko the sane? : (13 November 2018 - 05:11 PM)

If thou knows how to weigh wireless signals, thou are surely more of a witch than I.

@  MEDdMI : (13 November 2018 - 01:26 PM)

Does it weigh the same as a duck?

@  wonko the sane? : (13 November 2018 - 12:26 PM)

Nay! Tis merely the miracle of WIFI!

@  MEDdMI : (13 November 2018 - 11:49 AM)

WITCHCRAFT!

@  wonko the sane? : (13 November 2018 - 11:40 AM)

Mwahahaha! I am writing this WIRELESSLY from my desktop!

@  unluckiness : (13 November 2018 - 10:28 AM)

yes.

@  Pennpenn : (13 November 2018 - 07:48 AM)

Is that nightmare fuel for wanking or nightmare fuel that is- actually you know what never mind.

@  TheMightyMol... : (13 November 2018 - 05:07 AM)

This is the Internet. Everything produces wanking nightmare fuel.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (13 November 2018 - 01:52 AM)

Yet both have produced wanking nightmare fuel. (Rule 34 is a harsh mistress)

@  fourteenwings : (12 November 2018 - 11:41 PM)

I don't know if "magic animals" and "mecha" abide by the same design principals.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (12 November 2018 - 09:20 PM)

PS4 controllers are crap. x.x;

@  Paladin : (12 November 2018 - 08:16 PM)

it took me way too long to realize that didn't actually say "wanking nightmare fuel."

@  NotVeryKnightly : (12 November 2018 - 08:14 PM)

I'm quite sure that directors don't make the designs because that would be ludicrous amount of work for a single person.

@  Noideaforaname : (12 November 2018 - 05:35 PM)

I guess "walking nightmare fuel" is an improvement...

@  Bass X0 : (12 November 2018 - 04:12 PM)

It’s something when the new Pokemon movie is completely accurate to the original source character designs than the Transformers movies. Michael Bay would have created hyper stylised redesigns of Pokemon and many completely new designs if he was doing it.

@  Maximus Ambus : (12 November 2018 - 01:54 PM)

RIP Stan Lee.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (12 November 2018 - 04:25 AM)

Ehh.. Except for a couple of people, the video game section isn't that bad.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (11 November 2018 - 08:27 PM)

It feels like this hasn't been said enough: anybody who cares what people at TFW does would surely just check there themselves.

@  Gryllid : (11 November 2018 - 06:50 PM)

And with the Seinfeld/Cyberverse names, the genders matched up, and some of them seem fitting enough ("Peterman" for a leader figure prone to dramatic pronouncements; "Puddy" for a big, strong, gruff guy, etc.)

@  Gryllid : (11 November 2018 - 06:46 PM)

Well, the codenames aren't completely random. Shatter and Dropkick were "Red Light" and "Blue Light", weren't they? Referencing their colors.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (11 November 2018 - 09:05 AM)

I'm sure the Hasbro logistics guy in charge of assigning the code names would be amused too, if he knew what TFW2005 was.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (11 November 2018 - 01:30 AM)

Yup. TFW2005.

@  Nevermore : (10 November 2018 - 02:57 PM)

Even though we have seen time and again that those names are just randomly applied names from whatever "theme" Hasbro has chosen for the respective line, with no intentional relation between code name and character.

@  Nevermore : (10 November 2018 - 02:57 PM)

I love how folks on TFW2005 still assume the code names for toys from new toylines are mystery games Hasbro has created for the fans, and thus are trying to interpret a meaning into those names to guess the character.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (09 November 2018 - 07:56 PM)

I haven't watched many eps yet... Mainly cause I've gotten where I just wait till seasons end and watch the whole thing.

@  RichardT1977 : (09 November 2018 - 07:23 PM)

I presume he's going to feature heavily in episode 15

@  RichardT1977 : (09 November 2018 - 07:20 PM)

And like I said in one of the discussion threads, his voice reminds me of the English dub of Alexander Armstrong from Fullmetal Alchemist

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (09 November 2018 - 07:20 PM)

Ahh, I ment shown up as a Main character yet, but I wasn't specific. :D

@  RichardT1977 : (09 November 2018 - 07:19 PM)

He showed up in "Maccadam's", and has at least been heard in a few other prior episodes.

@  abates : (09 November 2018 - 07:06 PM)

Yeah, he's shown up a couple of times.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (09 November 2018 - 07:01 PM)

I ment in the show.

@  Nevermore : (09 November 2018 - 06:38 PM)

Which one?

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (09 November 2018 - 05:31 PM)

Has Cyberverse Grim even showed up yet?

@  Paladin : (09 November 2018 - 05:26 PM)

now that it's out in the open, can I just say NuRID Grimlock is the most interesting version of the character in TWENTY YEARS?

@  Foffy : (09 November 2018 - 05:08 PM)

grimlock eats sloppily at olive garden (ASMR)

@  abates : (09 November 2018 - 05:07 PM)

Sorry, just had to get that off my chest.

It could have fit perfectly in Robots in Disguise too. Just have Grimlock waving a pool noodle around and give the line to Drift.

Underquoted Transformers: The Movie quotes: "Grimlock, get your noodle out of my face."

@  RichardT1977 : (09 November 2018 - 04:58 PM)

Yeah, IIRC Wilbur was a spring pig.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (09 November 2018 - 01:48 PM)

I read that as "First sow of the season" and I was about to say that I wasn't aware pigs were typically born in the winter.

@  Paladin : (09 November 2018 - 08:59 AM)

ugh. first snow of the season...

@  wonko the sane? : (09 November 2018 - 08:22 AM)

Shield agent, that's just nuts...

@  Pennpenn : (09 November 2018 - 03:56 AM)

Though there are rumours he's secretly a Pine.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (09 November 2018 - 01:15 AM)

Idea: in a universe wherein plant alt-modes are common, Maccadam transforms into a macadamia tree.

@  Waspinator : (08 November 2018 - 08:51 PM)

That apparently gets you the help you want. https://www.schlockm....com/2010-04-14

@  wonko the sane? : (08 November 2018 - 07:01 PM)

Eh, just conference call it to the suicide hotline AI.

Photo
- - - - -

BotCon 2016 Remaining Exclusives Speculation - UPDATE Terrorsaur Revealed pg45!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1191 replies to this topic

#1 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 63272 posts

Posted 17 November 2015 - 08:43 AM

The attendee figure will be a Deluxe with a new head.

Of their at-show toys, one is going to be their centerpiece toy for BotCon, which is not a Combiner Wars toy.... and they will be making it extra limited to drive demand. *snip*
Of the other at-show toys there will some Combiners, and a Generations toy using "not American" tooling (so a mould released in Japan).

So with this knowledge we know that the exclusives for this BotCon set has more new heads than any other, with 6 confirmed (1 for Ravage, Tarantulas, Ramhorn, the Attendee Figure, and 2 for Sea Clamp)

Any centerpiece figure is likely to have a new head, as what could be made that could be considered a centerpiece figure and not get some form of new tooling.  Potentially pushing the total to 7 new heads for this set.

As was mentioned, we have a few Japanese exclusive Generations (thereabouts) tooling.  This includes Nightbird, Slipstream, Blackarachnia, and Deluxe Groove (if you count Unite Warriors / Combiner Wars).

So who do we think the centerpiece is?  A centerpiece figure says to me something Voyager scale or bigger.

What about the attendee figure?  Who is this Japanese only tooling figure? 

Some of the other souvenirs are Combiner Wars, who do you think we'll see for CW figures?  I wouldn't be surprised if the Ravage head was reused as a Tigatron myself.

Thoughts?

#2 Broadside

Broadside

Now I'm a beeliever

• Staff
  • 10594 posts

Posted 17 November 2015 - 09:15 AM

Groove seems reasonably likely for the Japanese tooling; if we assume the at-show combiner toys are going to form a full combiner, then there's not room for many non-combining toys, especially since one is getting used for this "centrepiece". Unless there's an army builder set of limbs, I guess...?

I'm musing over what, exactly, they mean by centrepiece. Scorponok and Oilmaster would be the last two years' centrepieces, but given how many new heads we're getting I can't see a new "gimmick" on that level happening...

unknown.png

#3 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 63272 posts

Posted 17 November 2015 - 09:21 AM

Well the exclusive tooling could be a retool. Kind of like how Dion featured the Japanese exclusive tooling. I would think Groove might be something they would try to stick some place they could advertise for more.
I would also be surprised if a figure has a new gimmick, wat with the abundance of new heads.

#4 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 63272 posts

Posted 17 November 2015 - 11:00 AM

With Kre-O pretty much dead, I wonder what we can expect for Kre-O from this set?  Previous years have given us both characters from the set as Kreons (2013) as well as a best of BotCon set (2014) and a set of human based characters and robots (2015).

I'm also wondering if there are any troop builders that lend themselves well to CW molds.  We've gotten a 3 pack of distinct characters (with somewhat distinct colors) in 2013, heavy retools of each other in a 2 pack (2014's Pounce & Wingspan homages), and 4 completely distinct decos across the same tooling (Waruders with pilots).

Also has there every been an instance that the freebie figure had a new head that wasn't used in the set elsewhere?  Usually the freebie doesn't have a new head at all (the only one popping into my head was 2008's Ricochet).

Randy

#5 Broadside

Broadside

Now I'm a beeliever

• Staff
  • 10594 posts

Posted 17 November 2015 - 11:12 AM

With Kre-O pretty much dead, I wonder what we can expect for Kre-O from this set?  Previous years have given us both characters from the set as Kreons (2013) as well as a best of BotCon set (2014) and a set of human based characters and robots (2015).

Maybe just a Kre-O version of the Axalon or Nemesis crew? Either styled after their Beast Wars bodies or DOFP.

I'm also wondering if there are any troop builders that lend themselves well to CW molds.  We've gotten a 3 pack of distinct characters (with somewhat distinct colors) in 2013, heavy retools of each other in a 2 pack (2014's Pounce & Wingspan homages), and 4 completely distinct decos across the same tooling (Waruders with pilots).

A Go-Bot set? Firecracker/Sideswipe from Prowl, Gearhead/Soundwave from Streetwise, Blowout/Frenzy from Brake-Neck, and High Beam/Bumblebee from Dead End. Doesn't particularly fit the theme, but if the comic is set in the Wings universe in the early days of the Predacons, the Go-Bots should still be around.

(yes, this is just me recycling my spy changer army builder idea)

Edited by Broadside, 17 November 2015 - 11:12 AM.

unknown.png

#6 LV!

LV!

A tendency to speak in jest

• Citizen
  • 16001 posts

Posted 17 November 2015 - 11:32 AM

Also has there every been an instance that the freebie figure had a new head that wasn't used in the set elsewhere?  Usually the freebie doesn't have a new head at all (the only one popping into my head was 2008's Ricochet).

Tigatron also had Cheetor's head, and Ironfist had the Autotrooper head which wasn't from the main set, but I don't think an attendee toy has ever had its own unique head.

#7 G.B.Blackrock

G.B.Blackrock

Autobot Ally

• Supporter
  • 12066 posts

Posted 17 November 2015 - 11:41 AM

I really don't expect any Kre-O this year. The fact that it's on my data pages for 2016 is really just because I start each new year's entry by copying a previous year's entry (making edits as reveals are announced) and it seemed to me that it was better to leave the Kre-O line intact rather than remove it, only to have to add it later if I'm proven wrong.

Indeed, that philosophy served me well in 2015. I really didn't expect Kre-O exclusives at BotCon there, either....

#8 Fnu Aw

Fnu Aw

I like coffee!

• Staff
  • 36115 posts

Posted 17 November 2015 - 11:46 AM

Definitely expecting Tigatron from Ravage. Otherwise, I dunno.

B5ofTKU.jpg

#9 sparkasylum

sparkasylum
  • Citizen
  • 1013 posts

Posted 17 November 2015 - 11:50 AM

The freebie might have a new head... but that might not necessarily be the only use of that new head, right? Could be re-used in the souvenir sets, custom class figure, 2016 club exclusives, or TFSS5.0

I wonder if the troopbuilder set could be a set of 4 limbs and the "centerpiece" figure might be a notable re-mold of a torso to go along with the troopbuilder limbs.

Edited by sparkasylum, 17 November 2015 - 11:51 AM.

#10 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 63272 posts

Posted 17 November 2015 - 11:54 AM

The freebie might have a new head... but that might not necessarily be the only use of that new head, right? Could be re-used in the souvenir sets, custom class figure, 2016 club exclusives, or TFSS5.0

I wonder if the troopbuilder set could be a set of 4 limbs and the "centerpiece" figure might be a notable re-mold of a torso to go along with the troopbuilder limbs.

I'm thinking that's a distinct possibility.

Troop Builders are almost always Decepticons / Predacons / evil-whatevers.

2009 - Sweep

2010 - Sharkticons

2011 - Autotroopers

2012 - Junkions

2013 - Seekers

2014 - Clones

2015 - Waruders

Though we usually don't get sets that are 100% one faction like this year's is.  2011 is the only other year where the box set is all one faction AND we have a troop builder (2007 didn't have a troop builder).  So I wonder if the troop builder will be Maximals since the box set is Predacons.

I'm also going to go out on a limb and guess that most of the remainder of the souvenirs will be Maximals / Autobots since the box set is all Predacons.

Randy

#11 Vexwing

Vexwing

You are being deceived

• Staff
  • 3400 posts

Posted 17 November 2015 - 12:20 PM

I'd love for the centerpiece figure to be the 3H proposed TM3 Megatron finally realized in plastic.

It's like a decade later and I still want that thing.

35806863916_c3f0822359_o.jpg
I'm on twitter for some reason! Hell if I know why.
@vexwing

www.flickr.com/vexwing

#12 SwiftEagle

SwiftEagle
  • Citizen
  • 6035 posts

Posted 17 November 2015 - 12:47 PM

Galvatronus as King Starscream with four Seeker troop-builder limbs? All you'd need is one new head that seems to have been planned by Hasbro at some point anyway.

ASM
Tomorrow's nostalgia today!

#13 G.B.Blackrock

G.B.Blackrock

Autobot Ally

• Supporter
  • 12066 posts

Posted 17 November 2015 - 01:03 PM

I'd love for the centerpiece figure to be the 3H proposed TM3 Megatron finally realized in plastic.

It's like a decade later and I still want that thing.

While I consider the idea doubtful, I would certainly consider such a toy a "centerpiece" if done.

#14 lastmaximal

lastmaximal

Cyber Key Power...linx!

• Staff
  • 13736 posts

Posted 17 November 2015 - 01:07 PM

It'd be neat to have the Maximal Security Force (what were they called?) as the troop builders. Color Variation similar to the Rainmakers.

SO OKAY IT'S AVERAGE
Virtually every custom as good as the title suggests!
SoOkayItsAverage.2.gif

#15 Spark

Spark
  • Citizen
  • 37667 posts

Posted 17 November 2015 - 01:54 PM

Randy

That last Club comic did have an Autotrooper, so there's an easy limb multi-pack.

Fall of Cybertron will blow your mind. That is all.

#16 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 63272 posts

Posted 17 November 2015 - 02:18 PM

Yeah I was wondering about that too.  Makes me wonder if X-Brawn might be one too, since he was clearly based on Rook with Brawl's head (and not X-Brawn's head).  Though a white Rook might not be the most exciting figure, and they're already doing 2 versions of it with Impactor and Tarantulas.

Randy

#17 xZAOx

xZAOx

ALL HAIL GALVACRON

• Citizen
  • 5495 posts

Posted 17 November 2015 - 03:45 PM

Pete said they centerpiece had new tooling to make the head fit, didn't it?

Also, Pete doing his usual HYPE HYPE HYPE thing, said fans would flip out over it. Odds that it is, perhaps, not a normal legends/deluxe/voyager figure? Is it possible they've got a MP toy in the works? Or maybe a Leader?

#18 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 63272 posts

Posted 17 November 2015 - 03:54 PM

Pete said they centerpiece had new tooling to make the head fit, didn't it?

Also, Pete doing his usual HYPE HYPE HYPE thing, said fans would flip out over it. Odds that it is, perhaps, not a normal legends/deluxe/voyager figure? Is it possible they've got a MP toy in the works? Or maybe a Leader?

Anything Masterpiece car would require a license, which they're not likely to spring for.  Anything else is either too big or Cassettetrons, so I could only see them doing Cassettetrons.  That is if Masterpiece figures are even on the table for them.

Randy

#19 Bass X0

Bass X0
  • Citizen
  • 43830 posts

Posted 17 November 2015 - 03:56 PM

It'd be neat to have the Maximal Security Force (what were they called?) as the troop builders. Color Variation similar to the Rainmakers.

Yeah, I said this a while ago.  And the Waspinator foursome had better color schemes in comparison to each other than the Rainmakers which only changed one plastic color. I'd want them to continue doing troop builders the same quality as the Waspinators, and including a Targetmaster partner for each one.

Edited by Bass X0, 17 November 2015 - 03:58 PM.

Just because you can't win doesn't mean you stop working.

#20 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 63272 posts

Posted 17 November 2015 - 04:04 PM

That Waruder set was extremely awesome.  Very very expensive (probably for the reasons you mentioned), but extremely awesome.

Particularly everyone but the black and purple Waruder (I know, my least favorite is the black and purple repaint, who would have thought! :D).

Randy