Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Rycochet : (07 May 2021 - 05:10 PM)

Surprised we didn't get a full size retool from the monsterbot mold. I'd rather have a CW Ironhide retool though, we need a van Wilder.

@  tigerhawk : (07 May 2021 - 04:19 PM)

I just noticed Wilder was the only omission from Takara Legends.

@  Nevermore : (07 May 2021 - 06:01 AM)

Even more weirdly, it was the early shift where some people had their regular day off for the week, while the late shift was supposed to have full attendance (not counting sick days, vacations and overtime reduction).

@  Nevermore : (07 May 2021 - 01:15 AM)

The weirdest part was that there was a steady influx of voters during the early shift, while hardly anyone showed up during the late shift.

@  Nevermore : (07 May 2021 - 01:14 AM)

Wow, that was a long day. But it's over, and I finally got some sleep. Not particularly happy with the outcome, but then again, my candidates both admit they didn't really campaign that much.

@  Echowarrior : (06 May 2021 - 08:56 PM)

Best of luck, Nevermore.

@  wonko the sane? : (06 May 2021 - 10:18 AM)

Best of luck man.

@  electricidad : (05 May 2021 - 03:22 PM)

GOOD LUCK, NEVERMORE!

@  Nevermore : (05 May 2021 - 03:14 PM)

The election committee whose chairman I am has been preparing this election since February. There's no real gain for me either way, so I don't care that much for the outcome, but it's going to be a stressful day for me either way.

@  Nevermore : (05 May 2021 - 03:13 PM)

Wish me luck. Tomorrow is this year's supervisory board election at my workplace, and I'm the guy in charge of organizing the election.

@  tigerhawk : (05 May 2021 - 01:30 PM)

I have two Overlords one was faulty with a melted foot and they never took it back but replaced it, I just checked the guns, both the handles seem to be turning white.

@  TheMightyMol... : (04 May 2021 - 07:38 PM)

REVELATION! Towering war machines more durable than nerd!

@  Telly : (04 May 2021 - 07:18 PM)

pansy. my trypticon AND scorponok took a header from 4 feet up and only had parts pop off that were easily reattached. guess 'cons are tougher...

@  tigerhawk : (04 May 2021 - 04:03 PM)

My TR Perceptor fell and the titan master peg in the leg snapped off. Fortunately I have the Legends one.

@  wonko the sane? : (02 May 2021 - 08:50 PM)

It's a fairly well known fact that "it's a wonderful life" only became popular after it dropped into the public domain. So, yeah, they probably did.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (02 May 2021 - 08:29 PM)

I read an interesting observation on Twitter. If it is the natural course of a human to grow into Grandpa Abe yelling at a cloud, but nostalgia also yields rose-tinted glasses for the likes of one's youth, then did Greatest Generation adults bemoan how Baby Boomer children loved box office flops such as The Wizard of Oz and It's a Wonderful Life?

@  Steevy Maximus : (02 May 2021 - 09:54 AM)

You’re traveling down a rabbit hole I dare not follow

@  Otaku : (02 May 2021 - 09:26 AM)

At the same time, with my almost non-existent knowledge of Japanese and how oddly some things translate, seeing "Gorgeous Giorgios Gorges" made me wonder if that would make it "JoJoJo"... which now has my brain terrified of a weird Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo/Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Crossover. @[email protected]

@  Otaku : (02 May 2021 - 09:24 AM)

It is always weird when things align.  This talk of Gorgeous Giorgios Gorges in the SquawkBox reminded me of King Gorgeous Gorge on the FoxBox.

@  -LittleAutob... : (01 May 2021 - 08:52 PM)

Nice

@  Nevermore : (01 May 2021 - 09:03 AM)

I got one even better: After that character by the name of Gorgeous Giorgios dies in a gorge, they name that whole area after him: The Gorgeous Giorgios Gorges.

@  tigerhawk : (30 April 2021 - 01:56 AM)

Paint apps did slide notably during TR, wave one's Titan Masters had detail but wave 2 onwards was absent of them. Wave 5's Ramhorn, Dreadnaut, Scorchfire and Aimless had detail but Murk and Hazard didn't, can't speak for Flameout as I got Legends Twintwist and Slugslinger.

@  kizudarake : (29 April 2021 - 04:50 PM)

Anyone here got any g1 jet fire parts for sale?

@  wonko the sane? : (29 April 2021 - 04:12 PM)

Other than a few overly tight joints, the paints apps are my single complaint about the generations line.

@  tigerhawk : (29 April 2021 - 02:25 PM)

I just saw Legends Leo Prime now I wish Titans Return Alpha Trion had a few more paint apps for ship mode.

@  walruslaw : (28 April 2021 - 09:33 PM)

dagrimbo

@  CORVUS : (27 April 2021 - 08:11 PM)

Indeed.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (27 April 2021 - 04:59 PM)

CORVUS: considering that reply, I'm pretty sure this was just another instance of Bass posting poorly-defined drivel as if it were profound.

@  TheMightyMol... : (27 April 2021 - 04:24 PM)

Given the last year and a half or so, is it any surprise?

@  Bass X0 : (27 April 2021 - 04:12 PM)

People are snapping already it seems.

@  Kaon : (27 April 2021 - 12:15 PM)

I like the Shattered Glass Megatron's alt mode

@  CORVUS : (26 April 2021 - 07:30 PM)

I'd like to know what society he's talking about, and what qualifies as "nothing", TBH.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (26 April 2021 - 05:09 PM)

I don't see the point in such a poorly defined "everyone is terrible" statement. He's not complaining about any specific people or specific problems.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (26 April 2021 - 05:06 PM)

I do not see anything about Bass's comment that felt a need for you to attack him.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (26 April 2021 - 04:35 PM)

Bass: does that "everyone" include yourself or are you just trying to act like you're better than everybody without actually proving anything?

@  wonko the sane? : (26 April 2021 - 04:10 PM)

Mostly it's "oh, don't say that right now" and "better learn when to duck".

@  Bass X0 : (26 April 2021 - 04:05 PM)

There's something to be said about society when everyones just an inch away from snapping over nothing.

@  Steevy Maximus : (26 April 2021 - 02:17 PM)

WalMart is a cruel mistress. Today she runneth over...tommorrow, she'll be barren as a desert.

@  -LittleAutob... : (26 April 2021 - 12:21 PM)

I love Wal-mart now- They have way more Transformers figures than Target- last night I came home with a WFC Authentic Wheeljack even though I was torn between wanting TFP Arcee and TF: The Movie Blurr, two figures I have never ever seen before-

@  -LittleAutob... : (25 April 2021 - 10:29 AM)

Spelling intended lol

@  -LittleAutob... : (25 April 2021 - 10:29 AM)

Curious Geogore

@  NotVeryKnightly : (25 April 2021 - 07:54 AM)

"My name is Giovanni Giorgio, but everybody calls me Giorgio"

@  MEDdMI : (25 April 2021 - 07:52 AM)

New JoJo villain, GoGio

@  TheMightyMol... : (25 April 2021 - 07:52 AM)

Is this a Jojo?

@  Nevermore : (25 April 2021 - 06:49 AM)

Now I suddenly have a character with the name "Gorgeous Georgios" in mind.

@  -LittleAutob... : (24 April 2021 - 04:00 PM)

H A -

@  Nevermore : (24 April 2021 - 01:58 PM)

Saint Georgios Day?

@  Donocropolis : (23 April 2021 - 06:59 AM)

more like Saint GORGEOUS Day.

@  tigerhawk : (23 April 2021 - 04:59 AM)

Saint Georges Day.

@  Sabrblade : (21 April 2021 - 11:55 PM)

Glenn Morshower would agree. He goes to auditions with his shoes full of syrup.

Wonder Woman Movie

Wonder Woman movie WB Gal Gadot Chris Pine Said Taghmaoui

227 replies to this topic

#1 (Deactivated) BB Shockwave

(Deactivated) BB Shockwave
  • Guests

Posted 17 November 2015 - 09:12 AM

Did not see a thread for this, so... some official and leaked information.

This pic got leaked - Said Taghmaoui shared it, of himself (rumored to be either Doctor Fate or Zatara) and Chris Pine, who will be playing Steve Trevor! And yes, based on the clothing style it seems this will indeed be set around WWII.

Wonder-Woman-600x717.jpg

Later this pic got released officially from the shooting of the movie, confirming the casting.

first-photo-from-the-set-of-wonder-woman

Edited by BB Shockwave, 17 November 2015 - 09:14 AM.

#2 skankerzero

skankerzero

Back in DFW!

• Citizen
  • 7459 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 17 November 2015 - 09:16 AM

Yeah, from what I've read it will be a prequel set in WW2 time.

Man, I really hope Said is playing Zatara. He really looks the part. Though I would wonder what role he plays in WW2.

-----------
jesse sosa
owner / creative director
Dinosaur Games

#3 (Deactivated) BB Shockwave

• Guests

Posted 17 November 2015 - 09:30 AM

Well, Zatara is mostly dead in present time in modern comics, Zatanna continuing his role. So he would fit well for a story set in the past.

#4 skankerzero

skankerzero

Back in DFW!

• Citizen
  • 7459 posts

Posted 17 November 2015 - 11:39 AM

Well I just mean how does a character like Zatara, a stage magician (publicly), fit into WW2.

Perhaps his arc will help set up some kind of JL Dark movie or he's called in to help with some supernatural enemy in this movie.

-----------
jesse sosa
Dinosaur Games

#5 Maruten

Maruten
  • Staff
  • 8333 posts

Posted 17 November 2015 - 05:06 PM

I can't bring myself to hope that this movie will be bearable, but I applaud them for finally making it and I'll sure as hell go see it. 

WsuGTl1.jpg

#6 Dusty

Dusty
  • Citizen
  • 5850 posts

Posted 17 November 2015 - 05:11 PM

There's been some debate about the time period of the movie. Some sources are saying WWI, others are saying WWII. Everybody seems to agree that only part of the movie will take place back then; it'll pivot to modern day at some point.

#7 (Deactivated) BB Shockwave

• Guests

Posted 18 November 2015 - 06:44 AM

Should be WW2 no? That's when the original golden age comic takes place too.

Well I just mean how does a character like Zatara, a stage magician (publicly), fit into WW2.

Perhaps his arc will help set up some kind of JL Dark movie or he's called in to help with some supernatural enemy in this movie.

Simple - he is sent overseas to entertain the troops (was quite a general practice). Or, given how he is Italian (I think), Trevor can meet him during the assault on Italy.

Edited by BB Shockwave, 18 November 2015 - 06:46 AM.

#8 Dusty

Dusty
  • Citizen
  • 5850 posts

Posted 21 November 2015 - 03:44 AM

Production is seemingly underway. Here's the first official promo image.

cuugdd8veaabmc8_large.jpg

#9 skankerzero

skankerzero

Back in DFW!

• Citizen
  • 7459 posts

Posted 21 November 2015 - 10:25 AM

I dig her head piece.

-----------
jesse sosa
Dinosaur Games

#10 Dusty

Dusty
  • Citizen
  • 5850 posts

Posted 21 November 2015 - 04:10 PM

Here's the official press release with more cast info.

I'm guessing Robin Wright is playing Hyppolyta, since Nicole Kidman isn't mentioned and must have passed.

"BURBANK, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Principal photography is underway on Warner Bros. Pictures’ Wonder Woman feature film, the highly anticipated action adventure from director Patty Jenkins (“Monster,” AMC’s “The Killing”), starring Gal Gadot (the “Fast & Furious” movies) in the role of Diana Prince/Wonder Woman. The character will make her big screen debut this spring in “Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice,” but the new film will mark her first time headlining a feature.

The film also stars Chris Pine (the “Star Trek” films) as Captain Steve Trevor, Robin Wright (“The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo,” Netflix’s “House of Cards”), Danny Huston (“Clash of the Titans,” “X-Men Origins: Wolverine”), David Thewlis (the “Harry Potter” films, “The Theory of Everything”), Ewen Bremner (“Exodus: Gods and Kings,” “Snowpiercer”), Saïd Taghmaoui (“American Hustle”), Elena Anaya (“The Skin I Live In”) and Lucy Davis (“Shaun of the Dead”).

The film is being produced by Charles Roven, Zack Snyder and Deborah Snyder, with Richard Suckle, Stephen Jones, Wesley Coller, Geoff Johns and Rebecca Roven serving as executive producers.
Joining Jenkins behind the camera are director of photography Matthew Jensen (“Chronicle,” “Fantastic Four,” HBO’s “Game of Thrones”), Oscar-nominated production designer Aline Bonetto (“Amélie,” “A Very Long Engagement,” “Pan”), and Oscar-winning editor Martin Walsh (“Chicago,” “Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit,” “V for Vendetta”), and Oscar-winning costume designer Lindy Hemming (“The Dark Knight” trilogy, “Topsy-Turvy”).

Principal photography will take place on location in the UK, France and Italy.

Set to open in 2017, the Wonder Woman feature film is based on characters created by William Moulton Marston, appearing in comic books published by DC Entertainment. It will be distributed worldwide by Warner Bros. Pictures, a Warner Bros. Entertainment Company."

#11 Mouse_Pad

Mouse_Pad

Maker of Toy Box Comix

• Citizen
  • 9675 posts

Posted 23 November 2015 - 12:45 PM

What's going on with her neck?

#12 Dusty

Dusty
  • Citizen
  • 5850 posts

Posted 23 November 2015 - 01:05 PM

I think that's her hair.

#13 Mouse_Pad

Mouse_Pad

Maker of Toy Box Comix

• Citizen
  • 9675 posts

Posted 24 November 2015 - 12:24 PM

Oh, I guess it is.  I thought it was a geometric pattern.

#14 Sean Whitmore

Sean Whitmore
  • Citizen
  • 8512 posts

Posted 25 November 2015 - 04:15 PM

I didn't watch the TV show, so WW fighting Nazis doesn't push many nostalgic buttons for me. But as long as she has some giants or gorgons or medusas to slay, I don't care what time period it's set in.

PSN: SeanWhitmore

Switch: SW-7452-6932-0513

3DS: 0490-6399-8582

I did a new video thing:
https://www.allspark.com/forums/topic/159447-whos-the-right-arm/
And a fic thing:
https://www.allspark.com/forums/topic/169332-do-no-harm-first-aid/

#15 (Deactivated) BillBarclay

(Deactivated) BillBarclay
  • Guests

Posted 05 December 2015 - 09:33 PM

you sure that's Wonder Woman & not Star Wars? coz she looks awfully like Daisy Ridley

#16 Dusty

Dusty
  • Citizen
  • 5850 posts

Posted 06 December 2015 - 01:25 AM

I'm pretty sure!

Oh, and further leaked set photos would seem to confirm the WWI setting, which I find intriguing since that's not an era superhero stories tend to focus on much.

#17 Maruten

Maruten
  • Staff
  • 8333 posts

Posted 06 December 2015 - 06:04 AM

I'm surprised Warner Bros didn't think it would be too Captain America to go with the period piece angle. Or maybe that's why they did. If they are.

I hope it isn't too origin-focused. Sooooo sick of superhero movies that are 90% Not The Superhero Yet. REALLY glad Marvel has supposedly decided to do away with pure origin films.

WsuGTl1.jpg

#18 Dusty

Dusty
  • Citizen
  • 5850 posts

Posted 07 December 2015 - 02:39 AM

I'm surprised Warner Bros didn't think it would be too Captain America to go with the period piece angle. Or maybe that's why they did. If they are.

I hope it isn't too origin-focused. Sooooo sick of superhero movies that are 90% Not The Superhero Yet. REALLY glad Marvel has supposedly decided to do away with pure origin films.

They have? Isn't Doctor Strange supposed to be a straight origin story?

And I suspect dodging WWII might have been more of a reaction to Captain America.

#19 Maruten

Maruten
  • Staff
  • 8333 posts

Posted 07 December 2015 - 02:45 AM

Last I heard was reports that Doctor Strange was deliberately and explicitly not an origin story. But that was a while back and also may have been crap...

WsuGTl1.jpg

#20 Sean Whitmore

Sean Whitmore
  • Citizen
  • 8512 posts

Posted 07 December 2015 - 02:51 AM

All I've heard is that the new Spider-Man movie won't be a straight origin story. But that's because he's already had two origin movies; one of which is less than 5 years old, and the other which was insanely popular.

Edited by Sean Whitmore, 07 December 2015 - 02:53 AM.

PSN: SeanWhitmore

Switch: SW-7452-6932-0513

3DS: 0490-6399-8582

I did a new video thing:
https://www.allspark.com/forums/topic/159447-whos-the-right-arm/
And a fic thing:
https://www.allspark.com/forums/topic/169332-do-no-harm-first-aid/

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users