Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Plokatron : (21 June 2018 - 10:05 PM)

I'm still working on my comic just been trying to start up a Custom Lego shop. Won't be too long but I'm still here.

@  Dracula : (21 June 2018 - 10:02 PM)

(really though, great display)

@  Dracula : (21 June 2018 - 10:02 PM)

you're gonna have a buildup of dinosaur electrons.

@  Dracula : (21 June 2018 - 10:01 PM)

he needs his dino-breathing room! :D

@  Dracula : (21 June 2018 - 10:01 PM)

Trypticon looks a bit cramped in there, nevermore!

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (21 June 2018 - 05:54 PM)

Sad thing is we've thought more about the foam than the show writers ever did. :D

@  Nevermore : (21 June 2018 - 05:47 PM)

https://imgur.com/ky0qGVD

@  Nevermore : (21 June 2018 - 05:47 PM)

Current status of my collection room in my new, still-under-construction apartment:

@  wonko the sane? : (21 June 2018 - 05:31 PM)

Depends on whether or not the motive engines for the vehicle mode are the same as the robot mode. Cause we know they use energon for everything.

@  Bass X0 : (21 June 2018 - 05:17 PM)

I was thinking today if Transformers would carry the fuel for their alternate mode in their robot mode? They'd have to, right?

@  TheMightyMol... : (21 June 2018 - 01:28 PM)

I mean, the clear meta reason is so non-Transformers don't die horribly on their ships, but that's not as fun to speculate about.

@  wonko the sane? : (21 June 2018 - 10:43 AM)

There's also lots of chemical reactions which only precipite with oxygen.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (21 June 2018 - 09:27 AM)

Oxygen is obviously a native gas on cybertron and also let’s the equipment “breath” so to speak.

@  Cybersnark : (21 June 2018 - 08:47 AM)

@Wonko; Yeah, but why oxygen? There are a lot of non-flammable gasses they could've used. And we've seen TFs using radio to communicate in vacuum.

@  Robowang : (21 June 2018 - 08:29 AM)

As the Cream of Wheat glugged forth from his meatus, his mind focused on only one thing: Mommy loved him so.

@  wonko the sane? : (21 June 2018 - 08:17 AM)

there's lots you can't do in vaccuum. The least of which is audio communication.

@  Cybersnark : (21 June 2018 - 08:04 AM)

Though that begs the question of why a robotic species would keep their ships pressurized with oxygen in the first place.

@  Pennpenn : (21 June 2018 - 07:29 AM)

Guess it's just me playing FTL recently. Opening a few doors out to the void is a good way to deal with fires and rude visitors.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (21 June 2018 - 07:14 AM)

Plus it depends on what part of the ship, can’t easily vent an interior area.

@  wonko the sane? : (21 June 2018 - 06:34 AM)

depends on what's wrong. If you need to get something out and away, would also need to have started in a pressurised space to begin with. If you just want to vent extra heat: it wouldn't work as well as vaccuum is an insulator.

@  Pennpenn : (21 June 2018 - 03:12 AM)

If they're in space wouldn't it make more sense just to vent the area affected to vacuum?

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (20 June 2018 - 07:16 PM)

I mean the foam was dangerous, but in space they probably put out the fires, then wore the equivalent of a hazmat suit to clean up.

@  TheMightyMol... : (20 June 2018 - 04:38 PM)

Only on special occassions.

@  Paladin : (20 June 2018 - 03:50 PM)

you don't?

@  TheMightyMol... : (20 June 2018 - 02:17 PM)

I mean, we don't usually use asbestos on our souls.....

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (20 June 2018 - 10:11 AM)

*looks at asbestos" Yep... Cause we've never used something harmful as a fire retardant. x.x;

@  unluckiness : (20 June 2018 - 06:32 AM)

fire retardant foam is so powerful it can extinguish even sparks

@  Pennpenn : (20 June 2018 - 05:23 AM)

I mean, this is a species that can be disabled (possibly fatally after a while?) by flame retardant foam, so yeah.

@  TheMightyMol... : (20 June 2018 - 01:28 AM)

Transformers are exactly as resilient as the plot needs them to be, so who knows, it could be lethal today.

@  RichardT1977 : (19 June 2018 - 08:50 PM)

Which is why Marvel Megatron was interested in Dr. Biggles-Jones' railgun design and had it grafted onto his G2 tank mode.

@  wonko the sane? : (19 June 2018 - 08:43 PM)

Doesn't really matter what transformers are made of. If you send a 10 pound ball of metal flying at a good enough velocity, you will do damage.

@  Soft Snow : (19 June 2018 - 05:53 PM)

A regular cannon that shoots cannon balls and does nothing to other transformers because they are robots but would put a mean whole in the side of your wooden boat...

@  Shiny Chariot : (19 June 2018 - 05:44 PM)

wtf did the shoutbox do to my emoji

also @ patchy its whatever your heart desires 😘

shes not a drill but she is a grill

@  ▲ndrusi : (19 June 2018 - 05:40 PM)

POTP CINDERSAUR IS A GIRL THIS IS NOT A DRILL

@  Patchouli Kn... : (19 June 2018 - 05:18 PM)

A fusion cannon, or just a regular cannon?

@  Shiny Chariot : (19 June 2018 - 05:04 PM)

megatron but he turns into a ford fusion with a cannon badly welded onto the roof

@  TheMightyMol... : (19 June 2018 - 02:22 PM)

My Little Fusion Cannon: Friendship Through Tyranny.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (19 June 2018 - 02:01 PM)

was that supposed to sound sexual

@  wonko the sane? : (19 June 2018 - 01:55 PM)

I'm pretty sure that megatrons cannon is his best friend, so that friendship is magic stuff won't work.

@  MEDdMI : (19 June 2018 - 01:16 PM)

And then the magic ponies force everyone to be friends FOREVERRRRRRR

@  wonko the sane? : (19 June 2018 - 12:06 PM)

Or... megatron just goes to war against skynet cause he can't stand the competition.

@  Otaku : (19 June 2018 - 10:53 AM)

As for Megatron vs Skynet... Shockwave decides to partner with Skynet and oust Megatron after first contact is made. We get Terminator/Vehicon hybrids. At first the humans are expedient pawns (why waste loyal Decepticons), then enough humans augmented with Cybertronian tech impress Megs that, after victory, humanity is absorbed into the Decepticon empire. Even if only as second or third class citizens, it still beats being seen as vermin by Skynet.

@  Otaku : (19 June 2018 - 10:51 AM)

Like I said, it is a nitpick; it makes sense, I'd just like to see a "regular" Earth setting where the 'cons take a stealthier approach to things - maybe because the Autobots are a better check against them and so they play the heroes. I mean, they could use various means to take being a sort of M.A.S.K. meets Power Rangers style team. ;)

@  Otaku : (19 June 2018 - 10:45 AM)

@Nevermore Works well enough for me. If I had to nitpick, I think there are actually two different stories being forced together. A "Thunderbolts" style story with the Decepticons doesn't need Skynet... and Megatron liberating the humans from Skynet doesn't need the subterfuge, at least for long.

@  unluckiness : (19 June 2018 - 08:33 AM)

I can dig it

@  unluckiness : (19 June 2018 - 08:21 AM)

So Thunderbolts with giant robots?

@  Nevermore : (18 June 2018 - 06:22 PM)

Thundercracker, in particular.

@  Nevermore : (18 June 2018 - 06:21 PM)

Some of the Decepticons start to really enjoy being the good guys. Well, they enjoy the act, at least. They find fulfillment in their assumed personas.

Photo

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2 - News & Updates

201 replies to this topic

#61 D Buster Prime

D Buster Prime

Timeout. Do I convert?

• Staff
  • 25071 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 01 March 2017 - 10:24 PM

I love the rigged Mattel Electronics football game.  Fits right in with the Walkman cassette player from the first movie.

VOTE FOR SIDEWAYS:

He's on your side...except when he isn't!

Z7ACRD0.jpg

10 Combatants left in March Mayhem. Join the action here!

Spoiler

#62 Gridlock

Gridlock
  • Citizen
  • 319 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 09 April 2017 - 09:43 AM

Cool new Walkman promo. :)

Edited by Gridlock, 09 April 2017 - 09:44 AM.

#63 Fero McPigletron

Fero McPigletron

Not a Maverick! Maybe.

• Citizen
  • 7124 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 19 April 2017 - 03:00 AM

Ok, i saw an advanced screening. There's... five bonus scenes at the credits (I think it's five but I might be thinking they were part of the actual movie before the credits. I list five) so wait until the very, very end of everything.

General thought, rather emotional. My friend, who's a DC fan and didn't watch the first movie (gasp!) said it was forced (jerk). While I thought there were smarmy moments, I still got emotional anyway at two parts.

Ask me anything.

Spoilers here

Spoiler

Edited by Fero McPigletron, 19 April 2017 - 03:06 AM.

FWXOT0z.gifphoto_zpsa2a20628.gif

Toy Drama Theater - 1 minute episodes of Transformers (and others) having drama in their lives

https://www.youtube....CateRo5nEbdkDhF

#64 BlitzwingHaz

BlitzwingHaz

"Wooo! I'm freaking out!"

• Citizen
  • 16264 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 08:35 PM

Just saw it. Loved it.
Its definitely more emotional but I really like this crew. A couple of the jokes didn't work for me but maybe 9/10 did.
Maybe not quite as good as the first but it's close.
Music never landed as well with me this time either. Im still gonna buy the cd again if there is one though.
Spoiler

Edited by BlitzwingHaz, 28 April 2017 - 08:37 PM.

#65 Fero McPigletron

Fero McPigletron

Not a Maverick! Maybe.

• Citizen
  • 7124 posts

Posted 30 April 2017 - 12:45 PM

I actually didn't like the abundance of drama. Everybody kept with the theme so it got tired for me. I still teared up with one of them though.

Toy Drama Theater - 1 minute episodes of Transformers (and others) having drama in their lives

#66 TM2-Megatron

TM2-Megatron
  • Supporter
  • 10386 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 30 April 2017 - 01:08 PM

Spoiler

Spoiler

#67 Robowang

Robowang

Nard Extractor

• Supporter
  • 3621 posts
  • Faction::Vehicon

Posted 01 May 2017 - 09:44 AM

I saw this was already available on Kodi, but I held back since my wife and older son want to see it in the theater.

#68 Glenn

Glenn

Sitting next to me may result in Smart-ass poisoning

• Supporter
  • 9207 posts

Posted 03 May 2017 - 11:35 AM

I get to see it tomorrow, I'm excited.

#69 bigbot69

bigbot69

Back and slightly less angry...kinda

• Citizen
  • 1292 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 03 May 2017 - 05:18 PM

Saw it, Loved it.

Honestly up there as one of my favourite Marvel films. In my opinion it's more developed than the first.

While it does retread some tropes, the plot itself is different enough to feel special and it brings a lot of new stuff to the table that develops both the team and the galaxy as a whole.

Spoiler

It's a Newcomic (apparently)

#70 Glenn

Glenn

Sitting next to me may result in Smart-ass poisoning

• Supporter
  • 9207 posts

Posted 04 May 2017 - 08:50 PM

I really liked this movie. More thoughts once I collect them.. wow

#71 Master Fwiffo

Master Fwiffo

HUZZAH!

• Retired Staff
  • 20264 posts
  • Faction::Minicon

Posted 04 May 2017 - 09:53 PM

Long story short, it wasn't as good as the first, especially in the first half which was over indulgent with silliness. Fortunately it tempered out by the second half and became fully engrossing. I'd give it 8/10.

Ok Spoiler question: Was Stalones group at the end supposed to be someone? I'm not familiar with the comics.

ty3jHaa.jpg

#72 Betty Nor

Betty Nor
  • Citizen
  • 7540 posts

Posted 04 May 2017 - 10:44 PM

I dunno.  The intro scene was easily the most entertained that I've been at an MCU film.

Some of it seemed very forced at times, but overall, I really liked this film and would definitely go and see it in the cinema again.

#73 AgentOrange

AgentOrange
  • Citizen
  • 920 posts

Posted 04 May 2017 - 11:07 PM

Long story short, it wasn't as good as the first, especially in the first half which was over indulgent with silliness. Fortunately it tempered out by the second half and became fully engrossing. I'd give it 8/10.

Ok Spoiler question: Was Stalones group at the end supposed to be someone? I'm not familiar with the comics.

They were the Guardians of the Galaxy.

LOOKDOWN.png

#74 Fero McPigletron

Fero McPigletron

Not a Maverick! Maybe.

• Citizen
  • 7124 posts

Posted 05 May 2017 - 12:40 AM

Original. But some guys were just allies.

Do we still have to spoiler tag?

#75 Strafe

Strafe

Secretary of Balloon Doggies

• Validating
  • 11525 posts

Posted 05 May 2017 - 05:03 AM

Saw it last night, had a hell of a lot of fun.

Spoiler

They were the Guardians of the Galaxy.

I never thought I'd say this about any of those characters, but holy crap, can we get that movie right now? Stallone at age 70 still looks like he could smash a brick wall with his chin and walk away, whistling.

I've read more than a few of the older books, enough that Martinex, Charlie-27, Nikki, and Starhawk (obviously) were easy to figure out. Really loved seeing Krugarr there, I'd be delighted if that guy earned another cameo in Doctor Strange. Who was the head though, was that Mainframe? It's been a while and some of the details are a bit foggy. The original books weren't particularly interesting and I didn't stick with them for long, I think I enjoyed them more when I was a kid. But the cameos still left me giddy.

What an exuberant movie, too. And they hit a lot of the right dramatic notes! With me, anyway. 

I've said for years that "Brandy" by Looking Glass is the perfect song. Validation of this magnitude is going to make me difficult to live with for the next week or so.

Edited by Strafe, 05 May 2017 - 05:12 AM.

#76 Big Show

Big Show

Had about enough of your crap, Mario.

• Supporter
  • 7862 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 05 May 2017 - 07:45 AM

Saw it last night. No, it wasn't as good as the first (which might be in my personal top 3 all-time). Yes, it was still excellent and a film I'll be more than happy to see multiple times. I'm taking my sons to the matinee Sunday, and was excited for that as I was walking out of the theater last night.

It was exciting. It was engaging. It was funny. It was emotional. I cared about these characters.

And holy balls, that Stan Lee cameo. All the wide-eyed, cheer-stifling, finger pointing at that cameo.

Edited by Big Show, 05 May 2017 - 07:45 AM.

QUOTE(David Willis)
There's a distinct difference between buying something and SUPERbuying.
And SUPERbuying is not quite as extreme as buying the HUG outta something.
There's a hierarchy.

#77 PiratedTVPro

PiratedTVPro

Quoth Akitsu, "NEVERMORE!"

• Retired Staff
  • 14374 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 05 May 2017 - 08:14 AM

I thought it was good. Not as good as the original. Much sloppier storytelling and script here.

Also, I'm really hating these sequels where they take all agency away from the characters. This story felt like the Guardians reading to events happening around them, rather than them having a say in their own story. It really makes a difference in the feeling of the story. I did like the change in theme this time around...

Spoiler

Yep.

#78 Dvandom

Dvandom

Purveyor of Ponies. And Physics.

• Supporter
  • 16210 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 05 May 2017 - 06:43 PM

Spoiler

DAVE'S WEBPAGES
-- www.eyrie.org/~dvandom/BW --
NEWS, REVIEWS and SIGHTINGS
-- www.dvandom.com --
ARTWORK and IMAGES

Pssst...if you
can't see my images,
try my deviantArt!

#79 Destron D-69

Destron D-69

Back in Business

• Supporter
  • 58344 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 05 May 2017 - 09:35 PM

Loved it, going back tomorrow 

#80 Daith

Daith

You must Unlearn what you have Learned

• Supporter
  • 8391 posts

Posted 06 May 2017 - 01:16 AM

I think it was about equal to the first for me. Which means it's a boatload of fun action. I found Drax and Mantis fun playing off each other.

But Stan's Cameo!

Spoiler

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users