Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Nevermore : (28 February 2020 - 04:45 AM)

Did I say that? I must have been joking.

@  Sabrblade : (27 February 2020 - 11:46 PM)

And you say you have no sense of humor, Nevermore. ;)

@  Nevermore : (27 February 2020 - 09:07 PM)

Gonzo, start a thread in the main "Transformers Discussion" forum with that information in the title instead.

@  Sabrblade : (27 February 2020 - 08:33 PM)

Gonzo, please don't go spoiling things like that in the chat box.

@  TheMightyMol... : (27 February 2020 - 05:53 PM)

Neat.

@  Darth Gonzo : (27 February 2020 - 05:53 PM)

Tarn is in Cyberverse.

@  Benbot : (27 February 2020 - 10:24 AM)

I really don't like that guy. Show the toys, not your face. I'm tired of looking at him.

@  RCX : (27 February 2020 - 09:25 AM)

Toy Galaxy is excellent.

@  Benbot : (27 February 2020 - 09:03 AM)

I think you'll be save in Greenland.

@  CORVUS : (27 February 2020 - 01:12 AM)

Toy Galaxy is my favorite overall toy-related channel on YouTube.

@  fourteenwings : (26 February 2020 - 11:29 PM)

Last year's coverage via Toy YouTubers was brilliant. However, since YouTube's new (unfortunately necessary) guidelines the companies barely invited any of them back, so all we get is super-popular collector's info.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (26 February 2020 - 09:19 PM)

If it weren't for Toy Galaxy's coverage video, I would not have known about the Defenders of the Earth figures. New toys of Flash Gordon, The Phantom, and Mandrake the Magician? In 2020? I would have said you were smoking something strong.

@  Nevermore : (26 February 2020 - 06:32 PM)

So the question is... has Madagascar closed down all its ports yet?

@  Nevermore : (26 February 2020 - 06:31 PM)

A couple that got infected attended a Carnival event with over 300 people in attendance.

@  Nevermore : (26 February 2020 - 06:25 PM)

So the Corona virus keeps getting closer to where I live. Several confirmed cases in my federal state already.

@  Steevy Maximus : (26 February 2020 - 02:20 PM)

Man, only having collector sites to get Toy Fair news from sucks. Did you know there is a 4" line of kids figures for the new Avengers game coming?

@  Dekafox : (26 February 2020 - 11:54 AM)

Since Omega already exists they could name it Auntie

@  Otaku : (26 February 2020 - 10:07 AM)

Oh, and one last Titan,provided we can fudge things a bit to include a character from Transformers: Animated; how about something at least resembling TF:A Omega Supreme?

@  Otaku : (26 February 2020 - 10:05 AM)

How about they find a way to make a mold they can use for both Broadside and Tidal Wave?

@  Maximus Ambus : (26 February 2020 - 02:13 AM)

Optimus Maximus, the mysterious titan of the Arisen, also Iaconus from Cyberverse.

@  TriBlurr : (25 February 2020 - 12:41 AM)

I think the only other Titan class character that would interest me after Scoponok would be Tidal Wave

@  TheMightyMol... : (24 February 2020 - 07:34 PM)

A Titan would have more room for other toys to hang out, assuming one has the table space for it.

@  Darth Gonzo : (24 February 2020 - 03:32 PM)

Play wise which would be better a Commander Class Aircraft Carrier Mode Broadside or a Titan Class Aircraft Carrier Mode Broadside?

@  PlutoniumBoss : (24 February 2020 - 01:53 PM)

I'd be interested in a deluxe or voyager Fort Max in Armada flashback red-and-green.

@  TheMightyMol... : (24 February 2020 - 10:49 AM)

I'd honestly be more interested in Commander-class Scorponok and Fort Max. I don't have the space for Titans.

@  Maximus Ambus : (24 February 2020 - 10:44 AM)

Make Commander class city bots to annoy collectors too

@  TheMightyMol... : (24 February 2020 - 10:43 AM)

Make two Broadsides. One Voyager-sized that only turns into a jet, and one Titan-sized that only turns into an aircraft carrier. Piss off everyone on both sides of the scale.

@  Rodimus Supreme : (24 February 2020 - 10:41 AM)

Since they seem to also go by the oh-so holy cartoon scale thing, he'd probably be a Commander Class figure.

@  wonko the sane? : (24 February 2020 - 10:34 AM)

Broadside is an aircraft carrier. He should probably be metroplex sized.

@  Rodimus Supreme : (24 February 2020 - 10:21 AM)

Broadside's more of a Commander Class.

@  Darth Gonzo : (24 February 2020 - 04:47 AM)

I think Broadside should be the next Titan Class figure.

@  wonko the sane? : (23 February 2020 - 09:38 PM)

I tan nicely! But also have a family history of cancer... so... yeah, pasty for me it is.

@  Otaku : (23 February 2020 - 04:22 PM)

I really do begin to get sunburned after about 5 minutes of direct exposure, nowadays.  Side effect of already being pasty then going on a particular medication.  Yay?

@  TheMightyMol... : (23 February 2020 - 01:36 PM)

It makes me burn. Accursed daystar.

@  Maximus Ambus : (23 February 2020 - 01:33 PM)

Sunshine on my shoulders makes me happy....

@  Vexwing : (22 February 2020 - 03:26 AM)

I watched L.I.L.Y.Cat on there a while back, it was surprisingly good.

@  Steevy Maximus : (21 February 2020 - 08:47 PM)

@Dekafox, no DTP, but they DO have LILY Cat ;)

@  CORVUS : (21 February 2020 - 08:46 PM)

For me, it's "chocolate therapy".

@  wonko the sane? : (21 February 2020 - 08:32 PM)

Tonight dough owns my soul.

@  CORVUS : (21 February 2020 - 07:28 PM)

Stupid, delicious Ben & Jerry's.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (21 February 2020 - 06:42 PM)

Ahh. I remember watching Bubblegum Crisis 2020 or whatever.

@  Dekafox : (21 February 2020 - 06:25 PM)

Next you'll say they have Dominion Tank Police and L.I.L.Y.Cat

@  NotVeryKnightly : (21 February 2020 - 06:06 PM)

Bubblegum Crisis, going by several shouts down.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (21 February 2020 - 05:38 PM)

BGC?

@  Bass X0 : (21 February 2020 - 02:33 PM)

Enjoy the fudgy icing of this Hostess Cup Cake!

@  Telly : (21 February 2020 - 02:31 PM)

harlock is on tubi as well. not dubbed though :(

@  Rhinox42 : (21 February 2020 - 01:19 PM)

Blugh, the english dub of BGC is atrocious.

@  wonko the sane? : (21 February 2020 - 07:02 AM)

I might need to update my software, or they face regional limitations, cause I found no evidence of either.

@  Steevy Maximus : (20 February 2020 - 10:31 PM)

DUDE! Starcom and COPS are on Tubi too!

@  Steevy Maximus : (20 February 2020 - 09:29 PM)

Spiffy! The english dub of Bubblegum Crisis on Tubi. It's gotten so hard to find these oldies on modern streaming services.

Photo
* * * * - 2 votes

Everything that went wrong with the Transformers: Prime show panel at TFCon Charlotte

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
646 replies to this topic

#621 Telly

Telly

Needs things explained to him sometimes...

• Retired Staff
  • 8422 posts

Posted 18 November 2015 - 07:47 PM

where the Wii was featured in woman lifestyle magazines and so on.

i missed it. mainly cause i dont read woman lifestyle magazines....

Edited by Telly, 19 November 2015 - 01:18 AM.

When I die I will surely go to Heaven for i spent my life in Hell

#622 NovaSaber

NovaSaber

Soundwave is colorblind

• Citizen
  • 5940 posts

Posted 18 November 2015 - 11:20 PM

Did you miss that part of the Wii and DS's life cycle where there was a flood of adverts with woman in them aimed at woman. where the Wii was featured in woman lifestyle magazines and so on.

"Expanding to an additional audience" =/= "aiming the product specifically at that audience".

Or did you miss every other ad for the Wii and DS? They were trying to appeal to everyone, regardless of age or gender. (And generally succeeding.)

#623 Cabooceratops

Cabooceratops

Girl Whomst Love Girls

• Citizen
  • 22766 posts

Posted 18 November 2015 - 11:28 PM

Did you miss that part of the Wii and DS's life cycle where there was a flood of adverts with woman in them aimed at woman. where the Wii was featured in woman lifestyle magazines and so on.

"Expanding to an additional audience" =/= "aiming the product specifically at that audience".

Or did you miss every other ad for the Wii and DS? They were trying to appeal to everyone, regardless of age or gender. (And generally succeeding.)

xNLvVhT.gif

Edited by Cabooceratops, 18 November 2015 - 11:28 PM.

Like my art? I do commissions!! -> https://www.allspark...

#624 Luke

Luke
  • Retired Staff
  • 15021 posts

Posted 19 November 2015 - 12:00 AM

You can't appeal to multiple markets at the same time! That would be like if Transformers had a line targeting toddlers, another targeting kids, and still another targeting adult collectors! Stop being so absurd!

Edited by Lukeblast, 19 November 2015 - 12:01 AM.

#625 LV!

LV!

A tendency to speak in jest

• Citizen
  • 18051 posts

Posted 19 November 2015 - 12:32 AM

Luke, those lines are all targeting adult collectors. It's just that the toddler and kid lines suck at it and are stupid and for babies. Hasbro doesn't get what we want.

#626 Nevermore

Nevermore

Unionized and proud of it.

• Supporter
  • 13117 posts

Posted 19 November 2015 - 06:24 AM

Mighty Maximal sure is trying really hard to fill the void left by Deathy.
aR2oX8u.jpg
Big thanks to my dad for playing along with this visual recreation.

#627 (Deactivated) BB Shockwave

(Deactivated) BB Shockwave
  • Guests

Posted 19 November 2015 - 08:21 AM

A future, I'd say not THE future.

I don't think anyone ever believed that the Movie folks would give a rat's pink toenail about any Hasbro Binder.

And Aaron Archer seems like he had his head on straight enough to know that this was only ever a "for now" thing and that a lot of licensees, toons and comics going forward were going to need to be free to be creative, tell their own stories and make their own art designs. He pretty much said so at the time.

-ZacWilliam, basically I don't think this "plan" was ever as absolute a plan as you seem to be arguing. Not to folks who actually understood how things work.

Same way as how the Ultimate Guide was all things canon about everything... until Dreamwave was no more and suddenly, it wasn't.

#628 (Deactivated) BB Shockwave

• Guests

Posted 19 November 2015 - 08:38 AM

if Hasbro doesn't abandon its "let's make bad Chinese KO-like toys dumbed down for very young kids" approach.

You really just--

proper Deluxes/Voyagers/Leaders

--you know what? Never mind.

I wanna play!

if Hasbro doesn't abandon its "let's make bad Chinese KO-like toys dumbed down for very young kids" approach.

Erm... Transformers are all made in China. Says it right there on each one. EVERY SINGLE ONE. Well, now they're mostly made in Vietnam. But they most if not all come out of China dude. And Vietnam. I think one or two came from Malaysia. Is that a bird?? :wtf

This seems to boil down to just aesthetic preferences. Hasbro made RiD for kids. That's not going to change. They made Combiner Wars for us. So.... yeah. :)

YES. Hasbro makes toys for kids.
They did that with Armada. With Energon. With Cybertron. With Animated. With Prime.

Now PLEASE, go and put down one Deluxe toy from each line, and put them next to a RID or AOE one-step-changer.
Please do that. Then come back and tell me that a 5-year old when shown the same line-up would choose THAT toy.

#629 (Deactivated) BB Shockwave

• Guests

Posted 19 November 2015 - 08:42 AM

You really just--

--you know what? Never mind.

You know what? Next time I'll too quote YOU out of context.
You ommitted THIS:

If I was a kid today, I would want a poseable representation of the character I see doing cool moves on the TV show - not a brick with all the articulation of Powermaster Prime.

And please, pray tell why the scrap is wrong to expect proper articulation for toys that are the same size and same price as toys made by the SAME company 1 year ago that had much better articulation? Kids like to play with toys with good articulation that can be posed well. Even when I was a kid, my classmates mocked the 5-point articulation SW toys for not having the same articulation as a GI Joe toy.

Edited by BB Shockwave, 19 November 2015 - 08:43 AM.

#630 Boomhauer

Boomhauer

Creator of all things Transformers

• Citizen
  • 5497 posts

Posted 19 November 2015 - 10:28 AM

Wow. Your class mates were JERKS! Thank god Hasbro doesn't make toys for bullies.

#631 Luke

Luke
  • Retired Staff
  • 15021 posts

Posted 19 November 2015 - 10:32 AM

YES. Hasbro makes toys for kids.
They did that with Armada. With Energon. With Cybertron. With Animated. With Prime.

Now PLEASE, go and put down one Deluxe toy from each line, and put them next to a RID or AOE one-step-changer.
Please do that. Then come back and tell me that a 5-year old when shown the same line-up would choose THAT toy.

Sure, if you insist on ignoring the actual Deluxes and Deluxe-equivalent toys from AOE and RID, then the one-steps are proof of an inferior line somehow.

I'm not sure how that makes any sort of point... you know, because it isn't one.

Edited by Lukeblast, 19 November 2015 - 12:23 PM.

#632 unluckiness

unluckiness

curry on rice

• Citizen
  • 19943 posts

Posted 19 November 2015 - 10:44 AM

I think we're missing the point that Hasbro's target audience is younger nowadays because entire age brackets of kids who used to play with toys are now glued to their tablets and smartphones. 

Edited by unluckiness, 19 November 2015 - 10:45 AM.

xOyvpt9.png

#633 NICK NEMESIS

NICK NEMESIS

Www.scatterville.com

• Supporter
  • 17221 posts

Posted 19 November 2015 - 11:44 AM

Eventually the only transformers left to buy will be ones that already exist and the secondary market will be the only place to get them.

I have accepted this.
Http://www.scatterville.com

#634 LV!

LV!

A tendency to speak in jest

• Citizen
  • 18051 posts

Posted 19 November 2015 - 11:48 AM

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to buy.

#635 Broadside

Broadside

#HaulOfFame

• Citizen
  • 11067 posts

Posted 19 November 2015 - 11:49 AM

Hey, Lego's managed to work their play pattern into a video game, I don't see why the same can't be done with Transformers.

Actually, that's already kind of what they're doing, with the toys-to-app scanning. It's not quite Amiibo/Skylanders/Lego Dimensions yet, though.

unknown.png

#636 Creedence

Creedence

borf borf

• Citizen
  • 9193 posts

Posted 19 November 2015 - 12:13 PM

I think we're missing the point that Hasbro's target audience is younger nowadays because entire age brackets of kids who used to play with toys are now glued to their tablets and smartphones.

That's been mentioned several times, but it doesn't really stop the "But when I was a kid..." posts.

Edited by Creedence, 19 November 2015 - 12:14 PM.

#637 Luke

Luke
  • Retired Staff
  • 15021 posts

Posted 19 November 2015 - 12:45 PM

That's been mentioned several times, but it doesn't really stop the "But when I was a kid..." posts.

The full argument seems to be "when I was a kid the toys didn't suck as much as they do now", which when stated always makes me wonder if the person has objectively looked at G1 toys. I'm not denying that there are some crappy toys out there now, and yes let's call them that if they are. At the same time though, there have been some crappy toys since the beginning and we're all here anyway. Some one-steps are not going to RUINED FOREVER anything.

The separate/addendum argument of "Hasbro is stupid for not marketing the lines explicitly for kids to the adult fandom" is just... it's silly right on the face of it. How is someone supposed to take "Playskool bitchslaps the adult collector" seriously? If you like the kids lines, then buy the toys in them you like. If you don't like the toys in the kids lines... honestly, we're pretty much in "tough shit" territory here. They weren't made with you in mind and WHAT ABOUT MEEEE isn't a compelling reason to change that.

Edited by Lukeblast, 19 November 2015 - 12:51 PM.

#638 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nut

• Citizen
  • 29568 posts

Posted 19 November 2015 - 02:55 PM

The full argument seems to be "when I was a kid the toys didn't suck as much as they do now", which when stated always makes me wonder if the person has objectively looked at G1 toys.

What if some of the people making the argument aren't referring to G1 if it wasn't what they grew up on?

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#639 lastmaximal

lastmaximal

Cyber Key Power...linx!

• Staff
  • 14279 posts

Posted 19 November 2015 - 03:57 PM

See "target audience is younger".

SO OKAY IT'S AVERAGE
Virtually every custom as good as the title suggests!
SoOkayItsAverage.2.gif

#640 Tyranno

Tyranno

Let's not lose our heads

• Citizen
  • 35134 posts

Posted 19 November 2015 - 04:12 PM

I would think the one steps are better compared to stuff like the Activators and whatnot.

"Disabled people donít have special needs. We have very reasonable human needs. Our needs include freedom from abuse, violence, and mistreatment, the right to autonomy and self-direction, the right to represent ourselves, equal opportunity for education and employment, the right to accommodation, and societal inclusion and acceptance.

The need for accommodation isnít a ďspecial needĒ. Itís a basic human right. Itís a leveling of the playing field that allows us the same opportunities and chances as non-disabled people."

- Amethyst Schaber, http://neurowonderful.tumblr.com/