Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Maximus Ambus : (28 October 2020 - 01:52 PM)

50/60's Twilight Zone, the 80's, millennium and recent ones also, all are in The Twilight Zone.

@  wonko the sane? : (28 October 2020 - 08:03 AM)

Twilight zone. Duh.

@  -LittleAutob... : (28 October 2020 - 07:52 AM)

Um.... what did I log in on...

@  Paladin : (28 October 2020 - 06:17 AM)

have they actually gotten worse than the one where Homer gets paralyzed by a spider and has to learn to communicate through his farts?

@  unluckiness : (28 October 2020 - 05:53 AM)

It's only fitting that SImpsons have halloween specials since it's been a shambling corpse of its former self since its teens.

@  Maximus Ambus : (28 October 2020 - 04:12 AM)

No I caught one of the latest one with parodies of Stranger Things which admittedly is horror series but Heaven Can Wait and The Shape of Water are Fantasy films. Plus implications of the characters being sociopaths or twisted has become a norm these days.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (28 October 2020 - 02:58 AM)

Which probably adds to the "reasons they should just stop making more of The Simpsons" pile.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (28 October 2020 - 02:58 AM)

You make it sound like The Simpsons becoming less repetitive is a bad thing.

@  Maximus Ambus : (28 October 2020 - 02:48 AM)

Remember when Simpsons Halloween specials parodied horror movies and would have the characters make off out of character remarks like "we chucked donuts at a old man for kicks."? they don't and can't do that any more.

@  Steevy Maximus : (27 October 2020 - 08:00 PM)

Tired of the same old Halloween stuff? Check out Tubi. The depths of the schlock available is astounding.

@  Donocropolis : (27 October 2020 - 11:51 AM)

Not sure if it's news or not, but I'm at Ross right now and they have Masterpiece Movie Ironhide for $24.99

@  Steevy Maximus : (27 October 2020 - 12:45 AM)

Final Fantasy 7 Remake’s Best Buy exclusive deluxe version is available for $10 as one of today’s daily deals

@  PlutoniumBoss : (26 October 2020 - 08:50 PM)

We can play the "Is it a real headline or an Onion headline" game.

@  Steevy Maximus : (26 October 2020 - 08:22 PM)

It's weird to see how much of Larry Hama's "satire" from the old GI Joe comic has no longer become satire in the past few years.

@  Maximus Ambus : (26 October 2020 - 11:29 AM)

Funny how 2020 gave me new appreciation for Dawn of the Dead 1978.

@  Sukoshiko : (25 October 2020 - 07:43 PM)

@Fenix Twilight Sure. Just not a good one.

@  Fenix Twilight : (25 October 2020 - 04:02 PM)

@Sukoshiko Well his clothes left an impression on you didn't they?

@  TheMightyMol... : (25 October 2020 - 06:09 AM)

I just read "Tesla Cybertruck" like AC/DC's "Thunderstruck", now it won't get out of my head, so I inflict it on all of you as well.

@  Sukoshiko : (25 October 2020 - 12:25 AM)

Tesla Cybertruck: amazing or just silly looking? I can't decide.

@  Sukoshiko : (25 October 2020 - 12:24 AM)

Weird question: I had to deal with a guy today... I'm not exactly up on modern fashions... or even archaic fashions... But this guy... Tuxedo Jacket and shirt, studs in all the button holes except the bottom one, blue jeans, and cowboy boots... Take a moment to imagine that get up. And this was to a business meeting, trying to impress someone. What look is that? Who on earth would dress that way? (I mean on purpose)

@  wonko the sane? : (24 October 2020 - 06:04 PM)

I think the few up here were lost to bad placement, poor weather, and the usual language trap.

@  TM2-Megatron : (24 October 2020 - 04:25 PM)

There are 5 spread around southwestern Ontario, all run by the same company. I've only been to the one in my area, but it seems to do good business even in non-pandemic times. On long weekends, when they do triple features, there's a normally a lineup to get in Friday and Saturday nights

@  Telly : (24 October 2020 - 01:51 PM)

there been one outside of my town for as long as ive been alive at least. its gone through its share of owners and periods of being closed down, but its been open for the past decade at least

@  Otaku : (24 October 2020 - 12:08 PM)

Bias from personal experience, but drive-in theaters are nearly extinct.  I grew up near one but it went out of business in the late 80s, and was torn down and replaced with some other business by the early 90s.

@  wonko the sane? : (24 October 2020 - 07:47 AM)

Out here, I mean. Couldn't comment on their popularity in place where they actually exist.

@  wonko the sane? : (24 October 2020 - 06:44 AM)

I wouldn't know. They've only come back into vogue with the social distancing from the plague, and while some places have made an effort to shoestring the places together, it's all largely too distant to be accessible.

@  TM2-Megatron : (23 October 2020 - 09:46 PM)

I'd hate to see ours replaced by condos. They're a great way to spend an evening, whether with family or on a date. And they've never been as common in Canada as the US, so we cna't afford to lose as many

@  wonko the sane? : (23 October 2020 - 09:45 PM)

Largely they were either poorly placed or bought out and torn down to be replaced by something other than over priced short term parking. Mostly condos.

@  TM2-Megatron : (23 October 2020 - 09:14 PM)

I guess your winters are worse, so they have a shorter operating season. Drive-ins in the Toronto area can usually operate until early or mid-December; maybe even into early January if there's no real snowfall, and open up again sometime in March.

@  TM2-Megatron : (23 October 2020 - 09:13 PM)

THere's really only 1 left in the entire province?

@  wonko the sane? : (23 October 2020 - 09:03 PM)

Ha! It's probably faster for me to drive to your drive in than to make my way to the only one left in quebec.

@  TM2-Megatron : (23 October 2020 - 06:57 PM)

Fortunately we still have a drive-in theatre that's exempt from the closures about a 10 minute drive away

@  TM2-Megatron : (23 October 2020 - 06:57 PM)

Theatres around here are closed again for at least another couple weeks (wouldn't be surprised if it's extended by another month or so, either), but that's what they've been doing here as well. Playing the old classics

@  Maximus Ambus : (23 October 2020 - 02:36 PM)

I got Earthrise Megatron, he's better then I thought he'd be though Netflix Megatron is still tops.

@  Bass X0 : (23 October 2020 - 10:44 AM)

The original Rocky movie is also showing. May go next weekend. That’s how you get people back in the theatres - show the old classics every adult loves.

@  wonko the sane? : (23 October 2020 - 10:35 AM)

They did a limited run showing of it up here too, back when the theaters were open... red zones suck.

@  Bass X0 : (23 October 2020 - 10:13 AM)

The original Back To The Future is showing in the Odeon in the UK now. I think I will go see it tomorrow.

@  Donocropolis : (23 October 2020 - 05:51 AM)

It was either the Bumblebee or Cliffjumper. Can't remember the colors.

@  Kalidor : (22 October 2020 - 06:43 PM)

What did it look like?

@  Donocropolis : (22 October 2020 - 01:34 PM)

I swear I remember getting the Happymeal G1 minibot as a child, but I live 2.5 hours from St. Louis, which is the only place they apparently came out. It's possible that I got it on a family vacation, though, as we went to Six Flags pretty often.

@  ▲ndrusi : (22 October 2020 - 01:07 PM)

Conversely, I had the Gobot helicopter from Wendy's and I was absolutely convinced it was an actual Transformer.

@  Donocropolis : (22 October 2020 - 08:13 AM)

I used to rubber-band Hot-Wheels style construction vehicles together and pretend it was Devestator.

@  Bass X0 : (21 October 2020 - 05:26 PM)

When I was about four years old, my parents bought me Bugbite and tried to tell me it was Bumblebee. I was not yet a fan of Transformers, but I knew that wasn't Bumblebee. I didn't even have the real Bumblebee at that time.

@  Maximus Ambus : (21 October 2020 - 01:39 PM)

It would come with two soundtracks: the eighties classic and one featuring dubstep and the VAs are popular Youtubers.

@  wonko the sane? : (21 October 2020 - 12:13 PM)

But yeah, reading it: I came off as a bit of an ass.

@  wonko the sane? : (21 October 2020 - 11:52 AM)

I just couldn't think of worse music than disco...

@  NotVeryKnightly : (21 October 2020 - 11:35 AM)

What were you trying to imply with the mocking sarcasm, though? Nobody suggested that '80s music was any more "of it's time" than '70s music.

@  wonko the sane? : (21 October 2020 - 11:18 AM)

I said that disco wouldn't fare much better with the same context: media is property of it's time; biases, culture and limitations are all inherent in that. Some stuff can be brought forward because of an inherently timeless nature or the simplicity with which it was made but lots of media is a time capsule of the period of when it was made.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (21 October 2020 - 08:46 AM)

I'm not sure what you're trying to imply, or what you even think I said.

@  wonko the sane? : (21 October 2020 - 08:11 AM)

Yeah, cause disco would make the transition so much better...

Photo

Stream Schedule for the rest of the Month and voting for 8/30's game

Sonic Transformers Star Wars Monkey Island X-com Fallout

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
15 replies to this topic

Poll: 8/30's game

What should I play next Sunday?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Shadewing

Shadewing

Artichoke of Misery

• Supporter
  • 36888 posts

Posted 21 August 2015 - 01:58 PM

First off, can a mod please close or lock the previous two polls?

----

Alright, Tonight around 7pm will be my stream of Sonic Generations, and will run for about 3 hours.

Sunday will be Transformers: War For Cybertron, also starting around 7pm and I'm hoping to at least beat the Decepticon Campaign.

Tuesday's midday stream will be Little Inferno. Since it is a short game I should be able to do it all in one sitting.

Next Friday, I am aiming to beat the rest of War for Cybertron's single player campaign. I'll get back to Sonic Generations in September since its a longer game.

Next Sunday will be of course whatever my followers vote for.

-----

Now for the games for next Sunday's vote:

Since I get comments about 'not knowing some/all of the games' I've decided to provide links for each game, so that if you don't have a clear favorite for me to play you can vote for whatever you think looks the most interesting.

Fallout New Vegas – all DLC - http://store.steampo...ck/app/2028016/
Life Is Strange - Episode 1- http://store.steampo...eck/app/319630/
Citizens of Earth - http://store.steampo...com/app/258910/
Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition - http://store.steampo...eck/app/211420/
The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition - http://store.steampo....com/app/32360/
X-Com: Enemy Unknown - http://store.steampo...eck/app/200510/
Jade Empire - http://store.steampo...d.com/app/7110/
The Bard's Tale - http://store.steampo....com/app/41900/
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 2 - http://store.steampo...com/app/208580/
L. A. Noire - http://store.steampo...eck/app/110800/

----

Also before anyone asks: Why KOTOR2? Because it was recently and massively updated in Steam, including Steam Workshop options, so this will have mods such as cut content and better graphics. As I've only played the original sloppy and rushed retail version, this will be something new and unique for me as this will be a play-through of the hopefully superior version of the game. Also maybe potentially raising awareness that its gotten these updates.

Edited by Shadewing, 21 August 2015 - 02:01 PM.

3DS Friend Code: 0387-9040-3532

Twitch Channel

Youtube Replays

VOTE for what I play on 8/30!

Friday: Sonic Generations - Sunday: Transformers WFC - Tuesday: Little Inferno

#2 Shadewing

Shadewing

Artichoke of Misery

• Supporter
  • 36888 posts

Posted 21 August 2015 - 05:56 PM

Just as a heads up I'll be starting my stream soon:

http://www.twitch.tv/transgamergirl

Twitch Channel

Youtube Replays

#3 Fnu Aw

Fnu Aw

*Vader breathing*

• Administrator
  • 41258 posts

Posted 21 August 2015 - 07:16 PM

This thing just will not let me comment.

This boss looks worse than Biolizard. Omochao is annoying but for this boss ii can see why it might be needed.

ooh, I like this level. (Speed Highway)

That frigging GUN truck.   :D

Sonic Heroes was boring as heck.

I love how that Sonic 06 level trolls the player. They knew everyone wanted to get that level over with and forget that game happened.

Edited by Fnu Aw, 21 August 2015 - 08:34 PM.

B5ofTKU.jpg

#4 Shadewing

Shadewing

Artichoke of Misery

• Supporter
  • 36888 posts

Posted 23 August 2015 - 09:02 AM

Bumping to remind everyone that tonight I will be playing Transformers: War For Cybertron around 7pm Eastern Time

Twitch Channel

Youtube Replays

#5 Shadewing

Shadewing

Artichoke of Misery

• Supporter
  • 36888 posts

Posted 23 August 2015 - 06:08 PM

If anyone is interested, I'll be streaming Transformers: War for Cybertron soon. http://www.twitch.tv...mergirl/profile

Twitch Channel

Youtube Replays

#6 Fnu Aw

Fnu Aw

*Vader breathing*

• Administrator
  • 41258 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 05:02 PM

The Bard's Tale sounds funny.

B5ofTKU.jpg

#7 Caldwin

Caldwin

Am I pretty?

• Supporter
  • 26343 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 05:18 PM

I don't know how many of these I could make it to. Sunday night is usually family night. But since you seem to be recording the streams...an eventual Mass Effect stream might be kinda cool...1,2 or 3.

I'm hopelessly addicted to that darn thing!
PSN = Caldwin

Switch = SW-7457-8143-2029

Mornings are for coffee and contemplation.

Before you do anything you can't undo...National Suicide Prevention Hotline: 1-800-273-8255

#8 Shadewing

Shadewing

Artichoke of Misery

• Supporter
  • 36888 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 05:34 PM

I don't know how many of these I could make it to. Sunday night is usually family night. But since you seem to be recording the streams...an eventual Mass Effect stream might be kinda cool...1,2 or 3.

I'm hopelessly addicted to that darn thing!

I think atm I only have ME2 on my computer, and I don't yet know how to stream my PS3. They're possibility but probably a 'next year' thing.

Sunday is my 'big stream', as Saturday too friends have obligations then. Tomorrow I'll be doing Little Inferno, either mid day or evening, not sure yet. Then Friday night I'll be doing the rest of WFC Single player campaign. As mentioned in a previous thread, Next month is more 'pot luck' with just random games I wanna play, October is Halloween Theme month, November is Fallout Month (First week is gonna be Tactics, as I've never played it, and the rest is going to be FO4) December... not sure, possibly more FO4 alternated with potential Christmas-y/wintery games. (Might be doing Saints Row 4's Christmas DLC as one of the Shorter games, and if I get it, probably Visceral Clean Up Santa's Workshop.)

Twitch Channel

Youtube Replays

#9 Shadewing

Shadewing

Artichoke of Misery

• Supporter
  • 36888 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 06:08 PM

So I'll be starting my Stream of Little Inferno shortly:

http://www.twitch.tv...mergirl/profile

Twitch Channel

Youtube Replays

#10 Shadewing

Shadewing

Artichoke of Misery

• Supporter
  • 36888 posts

Posted 26 August 2015 - 01:06 AM

So For those that missed it, and are both able to watch and interested here is the replay of Little Inferno, skip to about 9:20 as before that is me trying to deal with audio issues*:

Spoiler

Twitch Channel

Youtube Replays

#11 Tripredacus

Tripredacus

K-Mart-ian Legend

• Citizen
  • 1101 posts

Posted 26 August 2015 - 01:42 PM

It was a good stream. I usually don't stick around that long in one.
jBU1ixT.jpg

#12 Shadewing

Shadewing

Artichoke of Misery

• Supporter
  • 36888 posts

Posted 26 August 2015 - 02:54 PM

Thank you very much for joining last night, I hope you'll be trying to join future streams as well.

Twitch Channel

Youtube Replays

#13 Shadewing

Shadewing

Artichoke of Misery

• Supporter
  • 36888 posts

Posted 27 August 2015 - 05:12 PM

These polls seem to get diminishing returns... -_-

Anyway, based on what few votes I did get, Monkey Island is the winner.

So the new schedule will be:

8/28: WFC - Autobot Campagin

8/30: Secret of Monkey Island

9/1:  Sonic Generations

9/4: Life is Strange - Episode 1

Twitch Channel

Youtube Replays

#14 Fnu Aw

Fnu Aw

*Vader breathing*

• Administrator
  • 41258 posts

Posted 27 August 2015 - 05:16 PM

Wow. That poll result isn't particularly useful.

Looks like a fun schedule. I'll keep watching.

B5ofTKU.jpg

#15 Shadewing

Shadewing

Artichoke of Misery

• Supporter
  • 36888 posts

Posted 27 August 2015 - 05:38 PM

Yeah, from here on out, I'm gonna reduce things to 5 choices. See if that helps things any.

I'm thinking next month is gonna be more or less 'point and click adventure month' somewhat starting with Monkey Island and Fridays being Life if Strange. Sundays will still be fans choice, and Tuesdays will be mostly some quirky games since Little Inferno went over well, and most of them are PnCA types like Monkey Island.

October I have something special with my first crossover, which will be hosted on their stream for several reasons and be exclusively on Saturdays, so October I'll be doing 4 streams a week.

Twitch Channel

Youtube Replays

#16 Shadewing

Shadewing

Artichoke of Misery

• Supporter
  • 36888 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 05:53 PM

IN about 10-15 minutes I'll be starting my stream of WFC doing the Autobot Campaign this time

http://www.twitch.tv/transgamergirl

Twitch Channel

Youtube Replays