Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  2017 : (21 August 2017 - 12:01 AM)

Yeah, I'm pretty surprised.

@  Maruten : (20 August 2017 - 10:13 PM)

This stuff I think. http://www.vulture.c...-hypocrite.html

@  Confuzor : (20 August 2017 - 10:05 PM)

The what now?

@  2017 : (20 August 2017 - 09:39 PM)

This news about Joss Whedon sure was a thing to wake up to.

@  Sabrblade : (20 August 2017 - 06:59 PM)

To back up to the original question about Scramble City's existence in regards to the English-language cartoon continuity, the pack-in comic that came with the Australian DVD boxed set released by Madman did feature a timeline of events that included a point in history titles "Scramble City", so that comic may at least want us to "pretend" that Scramble City happened in the cartoon continuity. But then again, that same comic also used the Marvel Comics' asteroid crisis as the true reason for the Ark's launch, and included the Beast Wars as being unambiguously part of this timeline, so make of that comic's timeline what you will.

@  NightViper : (20 August 2017 - 09:16 AM)

And unlike Takara's JG1 that has been steadily evolving and passing itself down from writer to writer in more-or-less smooth transition, anyone going back now to Hasbro's G1 does feel a bit more like changing history rather than reviving or continuing it.

@  NightViper : (20 August 2017 - 09:11 AM)

Editors at Fun Pub didn't feel it was right to try to "fix" or otherwise change or alter other writers' works. Which is why everything Fun Pub-written became its own stream (Animated was written by the same creative team as the show, so it's one of the very few stories still set in its original continuity). So rather than write words into the original creative team's mouths, Wings only sought to offer one possible solution to the Constructicons weirdness.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (19 August 2017 - 08:24 PM)

Too bad there weren't that many Wings stories. On the other hand, JG1 is still continuing with stories!

@  Spacewarp : (19 August 2017 - 06:10 PM)

Wings is obviously not cartoon continuity, but is heavily indebted to it.

@  Spacewarp : (19 August 2017 - 06:09 PM)

Basically what my original point was that continuities based on the original cartoon but not actually a part of it have used what Pennpenn originally said.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (19 August 2017 - 05:42 PM)

I get what you mean, but the wording is awful. It's not possible for Wings to "alter" or "destroy" something it was never part of, nor really interacted with.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (19 August 2017 - 05:40 PM)

It didn't "alter the existing continuity". It's an entirely new one that left the cartoon's continuity exactly as it ever was.

@  Bass X0 : (19 August 2017 - 05:24 PM)

didn't it take the original cartoon continuity but change parts of it to make a new continuity? i said i'd have preferred it stayed within the original cartoon continuity instead of altering the existing continuity. thats what i would have done. stories would have been written around the existing stories.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (19 August 2017 - 04:24 PM)

Wings can't "destroy it even further" when it was never the cartoon continuity in the first place.

@  TheMightyMol... : (19 August 2017 - 03:57 PM)

The problem is that it isn't really fixable without redoing it from the ground up. Or going into insane retcons and rewrites, which A) is about the same thing, and B) is kinda Takara's thing.

@  Bass X0 : (19 August 2017 - 03:22 PM)

I find its better to fix a broken continuity than to destroy it even further.

@  TheMightyMol... : (19 August 2017 - 03:06 PM)

The cartoon couldn't even stay consistent with the cartoon, so why worry when something else can't, either?

@  Bass X0 : (19 August 2017 - 02:53 PM)

I never connected with the whole "Wings is similar to the cartoon continuity but several things are different" thing they had going on. they should really have done it so that it stayed in continuity with the cartoon but focused on the off-screen events prior, during and after the cartoon stories.

@  unluckiness : (19 August 2017 - 10:42 AM)

Not like it's ever relevant anyway.

@  Pennpenn : (19 August 2017 - 10:00 AM)

I mean, it doesn't make sense otherwise, regardless of how official particular fiction is.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (19 August 2017 - 09:57 AM)

Wings is officially not really cartoon continuity, though.

@  Spacewarp : (19 August 2017 - 09:55 AM)

@Pennpenn: There is some fiction that does actually use the whole "they were rebuilt on Earth" explanation. The Fun Pub Wings stuff comes to mind.

@  Pennpenn : (19 August 2017 - 08:36 AM)

Oh absolutely

@  unluckiness : (19 August 2017 - 05:00 AM)

point is, the cartoon's continuity was hugged to begin with.

@  Pennpenn : (19 August 2017 - 03:53 AM)

My brain usually parses that as "Constructicons built him on contract or something so weren't evil then, and Megatron meant rebuilt in Heavy Metal War". Yeah it's a stretch, but whatever

@  unluckiness : (19 August 2017 - 03:16 AM)

Just like the evil constructicons built Megatron then turned good and then were robosmashed back to evil and then somehow built on Earth.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (18 August 2017 - 06:28 PM)

Though to be fair, Japanese continuity itself did not reconcile how Dinosaurer was destroyed in the 1980s and rebuilt in 2010 until the Unite Warriors manga of 2017.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (18 August 2017 - 05:45 PM)

Also, Scramble City has Trypticon in existence while the English version had Trypticon built in 2005 in season 3.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (18 August 2017 - 04:15 PM)

English and Japanese dubs of the cartoon are officially different continuities from each other, so...

@  Bass X0 : (18 August 2017 - 04:07 PM)

Is Scramble City canon or in continuity with the U.S. 80s Transformers cartoon despite not being dubbed?

@  TheMightyMol... : (18 August 2017 - 03:10 PM)

Make it a link instead of just pasting the URL.

@  Evac : (18 August 2017 - 02:56 PM)

If I could post youtube links without them becoming videos in the box, I'd link to the "parrot singing 'Let The Bodies Hit The Floor'" video.

@  Bass X0 : (18 August 2017 - 02:51 PM)

it was....... SPOILERS..... Detective Conan.

@  TheMightyMol... : (18 August 2017 - 02:38 PM)

let the bodies hit the floor, let the bodies hit the floor let the bodies hit the.....FLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR

@  NotVeryKnightly : (18 August 2017 - 02:34 PM)

Only almost?

@  Bass X0 : (18 August 2017 - 02:17 PM)

someone dies almost every episode.

@  TheMightyMol... : (18 August 2017 - 01:59 PM)

Don't be in an anime?

@  Bass X0 : (18 August 2017 - 01:11 PM)

An episode of an anime I watched was about a woman who killed her husband because he spent most of his money on toys instead of on her. Let this be a lesson to us all.

@  TheMightyMol... : (17 August 2017 - 02:24 PM)

You'd be a banker.

@  RichardT1977 : (17 August 2017 - 12:20 PM)

What if you paid your job but they don't love you?

@  BlackMax : (16 August 2017 - 08:01 PM)

...crap, never mind, enough searching and I turned it up. I am convinced this would not have happened without asking.

@  BlackMax : (16 August 2017 - 07:43 PM)

Forgive me for being the last one aboard the bus that came and went after the previous bus... but can anyone direct me to the comic based on UW Megatronia?

@  Bass X0 : (16 August 2017 - 04:36 PM)

I'll refer to Simon Furman's work on Dreamwave.

@  OrionPax44 : (16 August 2017 - 04:28 PM)

How bout if you love your job but they don't pay you?

@  Bass X0 : (16 August 2017 - 02:31 PM)

It doesn't feel like work when you love your job!

@  2017 : (16 August 2017 - 08:24 AM)

Why do you want to remove it? Just in the way or something?

@  Pennpenn : (16 August 2017 - 03:42 AM)

I wonder if there's any way to remove Destiny 2 from the Battlenet launcher entirely?

@  OrionPax44 : (15 August 2017 - 01:55 PM)

Cause they wanna slice your head off but irritation is all they can pull off.

@  Benbot : (15 August 2017 - 10:59 AM)

why do electric razors do such a poor job with the neck?

@  RichardT1977 : (13 August 2017 - 08:17 PM)

"We Are Number One" but with the cancer in remission.

Photo
- - - - -

What's your Transformers franchise/series pitch?

131 replies to this topic

#121 LordGigaIce

LordGigaIce

See if you can take the power of justice!

• Staff
  • 2007 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 25 June 2017 - 08:46 PM

Seinfield-esq but less neurotic.

S1eI4pC.png

Edited by LordGigaIce, 25 June 2017 - 08:57 PM.

B3v0h0W.png

What a relief it would be to end this all, how easy to fly the white flag and give up. But would I run today, just to die another day? Give up now, and every fight has been in vain. Stand up and fight!

Basically a Podcast Network

#122 Fortress Ironhold

Fortress Ironhold

Blasphemer

• Citizen
  • 19757 posts

Posted 25 June 2017 - 09:20 PM

Wonderland.

Back in the 1950s, Wonderland Studios was the dream of a series of investors and Hollywood types who felt that the town of Port Manteau, Texas, could be another Hollywood. A massive studio set was erected, complete with on-site housing and amenities for the workers and staff.

The first few movies Wonderland produced gave the world the impression that perhaps these yahoos knew what they were doing. But by the end of the 1960s, the dream was over. Embezzlement. Cost over-runs. Damage from a hurricane. Coastal bias against "fly-over country". Wonderland's decision to allow non-union labor and talent. All these, and more, combined to drive the studio deep into debt. Before too long, a vengeful IRS agent with an axe to grind against one of the main investors had succeeded in seizing the property.

Too bad "failed movie lots" weren't in high demand back then, leaving Uncle Sam stuck paying the tab to maintain a very much attractive nuisance.

A decade back, it seemed like their prayers were answered when a mysterious fire devastated much of the facility; in particular, a section of the lot purpose-built for science fiction films was completely destroyed. But when the IRS sent people in to condemn and demolish the rest, they were met by a number of UNIT:E types. If the IRS didn't want Wonderland, UNIT:E was going to take it.

Before too long, Wonderland was back in business... as UNIT:E's de facto headquarters. So far as everyone knew, E was leasing property out to small-time film studios when they weren't using the property themselves to produce PSAs and training films. In reality, the core of the rebuilt "Future Town" is the Cybertronian titan Metroplex, who came to Earth in pursuit of his foe Trypticon. The fire? A consequence of their climactic battle. Trypticon, who appeared to have been mortally wounded, was last seen slipping beneath the ocean. Meanwhile, an apologetic Metroplex agreed to take the form of the destroyed facilities as a disguise so that he could serve as a guard against further Decepticon incursion. While he was at it, he also started using his various defensive mechanisms to protect the town from further hurricane threats. UNIT:E quickly learned everything he was willing to teach them, allowing them to be ready for the day the war came back to Earth.

It just came back.
Lexicon: still up and running!

"At my last intern briefing, Craig was clearly tired. His message had changed to, "Stay out of trouble, period." It seemed that, as director of security, Livingstone was growing old fast. If he didn't watch out, he'd become one of us - a 'Mormon' or a 'straight,' which is what Clinton staffers called FBI agents, the Secret Service, and former Bush employees."

Aldrich, Gary. Unlimited Access Washington D.C.: Regency, 1996. Pg 38

Please visit my Half.com store

Deviant Art page

#123 Fortress Ironhold

Fortress Ironhold

Blasphemer

• Citizen
  • 19757 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 12:48 AM

RiD '01, season 2

Someone back on Cybertron finally gets around to doing a head count, at which point they realize Sky Byte's still on Earth. 

A team under the command of Storm Jet is sent back inside of Fortress Maximus to go retrieve him, only to find that he's been secretly keeping tabs on a group of "space pirates" that have landed on the planet in the absence of the Autobot forces. Someone told the pirates that Fortress Maximus' rival Scorponok was still in hiding on the planet, and so they've been secretly trying to look for him. 

Basically, it's something that would let the non-show characters have face time, including all six of the second assortment of Spychangers (Prowl 2 and Side Burn 2 would be renamed and presented as new characters). 

"At my last intern briefing, Craig was clearly tired. His message had changed to, "Stay out of trouble, period." It seemed that, as director of security, Livingstone was growing old fast. If he didn't watch out, he'd become one of us - a 'Mormon' or a 'straight,' which is what Clinton staffers called FBI agents, the Secret Service, and former Bush employees."

Deviant Art page

#124 Fortress Ironhold

Fortress Ironhold

Blasphemer

• Citizen
  • 19757 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 02:02 PM

RiD '01, season 2

Someone back on Cybertron finally gets around to doing a head count, at which point they realize Sky Byte's still on Earth. 

A team under the command of Storm Jet is sent back inside of Fortress Maximus to go retrieve him, only to find that he's been secretly keeping tabs on a group of "space pirates" that have landed on the planet in the absence of the Autobot forces. Someone told the pirates that Fortress Maximus' rival Scorponok was still in hiding on the planet, and so they've been secretly trying to look for him. 

Basically, it's something that would let the non-show characters have face time, including all six of the second assortment of Spychangers (Prowl 2 and Side Burn 2 would be renamed and presented as new characters). 

By coincidence, I was looking at some old concept car designs and found this: 

http://www.diseno-ar...aihatsu_ai.html

I'm now saying that Ai-Chan is somehow going to become a headmaster. 

For Koji, I guess something like this: http://www.diseno-ar..._truckster.html

Deviant Art page

#125 Superomegaprime

Superomegaprime
  • Citizen
  • 1229 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 29 June 2017 - 06:48 PM

I was thinking of a bit of an idea, if they were to reboot the movies and yet want to bring in Gi Joe & M.A.S.K, as a shared universe on screen, it would kind of start like this:

Just a normal day for the people of a city, New York maybe, when in the sky a massive fireball appears and explodes, then pieces of metal come showering down all over the city, including a robot's head that lands in the middle of a street upside down. Then everything flashes back to a short time before and we see two massive alien warships engaged in battle, anything of earth's orbit is simply in the way, the two ships are locked together and we see robots fighting each other, some hand to hand others with guns. We go to the bridge of one of the ships and see Optimus, pre-earth look along with a couple of his officers, one says their taking heavy fire and they can't maintain orbit and Optimus says for those controlling the ship main weapons to blast the enemy ship engines with everything they got, if they go down, so will they. We see a shot of the gun batteries pounding the enemy ship as they change direction towards the enemy rear end. Then we go to the bridge of the other ship and see Starscream yelling to keep up the pressure while one of his underlings says that they must disengage if they want to return to base but SS says for them to shut up and do as he commands and destory the Autobot ship with everything they got. Then there is a massive explosion and the con ship engines have been hit badly, SS orders that they ram their ship into the Autobot one and evacuate. The ship collides with the Autobot one and the two are in a uncontrolled sprial, plunging downwards towards the city, Optimus orders his troops to evacuate as he prepares the self destruct to take out the enemy ship and then Optimus runs for the last escape pod where BB tells him to hurry up but then there is a explosion and BB is decapated while the escape pod falls away from the ship. Optimus having no choice, makes a break for it by simply jumping out of the burning wreakage of his ship.

The aftermath is, many bots from both side surive the crash and adopt earth forms and go into hidding and wait for a signal from their superiors to gather, the groverment is unable to cover up the disaster due to thousands of pictures including pictures of the robot head on the internet. The presidant makes a public statement that they are no longer alone in the universe, of course a massive cloud of dirt risen into the sky and covering the remains of the city, the ships have crashed landed in the middle of the city, fires burn around the area, but the remains of the Autobot ship is far more scattered because of the self destruction. The city has fallen into complete chaos, so people who got the desire to take over or at least curious to what had landed begin looking into the wreckage of the ships.

Elsewhere, Optimus's body is found by the milltray and they secure it for reserach purposes among other things, their movements are seen by Prowl who taken the form of a police car and selected to remain hidden at that time and contact Blaster to have his minions take charge of tracking where Optimus's body being taken and find out what his actual status is, where or not he is alive.

Starscream would serve as the main villian for the first film, his goals are to establish a base and wipe out the surving Autobots and get reinforcements from their home world as well as plunder the earth for its resources, he launches a attack on the humans who trying to prevent people from getting close to the con ship remains and gets inside and tries to establish contact with the main command, only to get into a fight with a Autobot and he kills the Autobot who has a red deco and works to try and get a signal out but long range contact has been made useless because of the battle and the crash. He able to summon the nearby cons to gather at the ship and decares that he will make the earth his world but he is unaware of one of Blaster's minions spying on him and they report back to Blaster who reports the information to Prowl.

Optimus awakens to the surprise of the milltray and they threaten him with their weapons, he looks around and from a truck appears one of Blaster's minions holding their hands up as they walk to Optimus and they speak in Cybertionan for a moment and then after a long pause Optimus speaks in the human langauges and wants to speak with their leader. A captian comes forwards and Optimus explains their sitution and why they had come to that region of space only to encounter their mortal enemies. The cons aren't native to Cybertron but come from another planet made of metal and desire conquest of the galaxy and have been raging war against other races with the bid to have them submit. They tried to invade a colony world and the Autobots were sent to engage them in battle and the war expanded across the galaxy, the Autobots were after the leader of the enemy and believed his flag ship the Nemesis was in the region of space and the two ships escorts were destoryed in battle around Jupiter and the two main ships got into a fight that resulted in them going off course and battling it out above the planet Earth.

Optimus being much bigger than the soldiers is able to move and the human weaponary has very little effect upon him or his subordate, he tells the humans to stay away from the con ship, even damaged it still was highly dangerous and Optimus picks the form of a nearby truck and transforms and rolls off much to the surprise of the human soldiers. Optimus reunites with the surivors of his crew and gets a round up of what transpired while he was offline and repairing his systems after the crash and explosion. Optimus says they can morn their fallen later, they must stop Starscream from contacting Decepticon command regardless of the cost, if Megatron were to bring his most dangerous officers to this world, there be little chance for its natives to surive.

The Autobots go to the crash site of the con ship and we get a couple of comments on how well it surived the crash despite having the Autobot ship blow up around it, the ship lays in a massive creator and lots of ruined buildings surround it, Optimus orders his troops forwards with caution and evenly this leads into a major fight between the two sides where laser blasts fire back and forth. The human milltray arrive to see what looks like a scene of complete chaos and they are at a lost who they should aid, so the commander says to do nothing but obsere and keep civilians away from the site as best possible as the ones that were doing that job have vanished thou burn marks and broken milltray & police vehicles lay nearby indicating that they been killed by some advanced weaponary.

Inside of the ship Starscream's troops get taken down and Starscream yells he will not let Optimus steal his ship and activates the self destruct before fleeing only to encounter Jazz, Optimus works to deactivate the self destruct because of the damage it could do to the humans, while he not allied with them in any form, he sees that they need protecting as a treaty signed by the leaders of Cybertron and its colonies state they must protect intellegent life regardless of where or not they are made of metal. SS does manages to get away from Jazz and takes to the skies in his jet form abandoning his remaining troops and yelling at them to flee the scene which they do. Optimus manages to disable the self destruct before it goes off, giving the Autobots a minor victory in their war.

After that day the Autobots reach an agreement with the leaders of earth to lend them their aid and some of their tech in exchange for resources to help them repair the transmitter on the enemy ship and Optimus sends out a signal into space to get help from their allies but their unaware of the fact the ship they been seraching for in space picks up the signal and Soundwave reports it to Megatron who says for them to set acourse for that planet so he can kill the leader of his most hated enemy personally.

The stuff that doesn't fall into the milltray hands from the wreckage of the ships would lead into the creation of terrorist groups bent on misusing the tech for their own selfish purposes, thus Cobra & Vemon are formed, the Joes would be created as elite soldiers to tackle these threats but from a private group, M.A.S.K is born with the intent of stopping Vemon.

For a sequel, I would have Megatron coming to Earth to kill Optimus

That's pretty much what I thought up, some of it came to me as I wrote this post and I think its a pretty plausable story at least for getting the bots to earth in the first place

36428543702_ff3b1fc457_m.jpg

#126 Fero McPigletron

Fero McPigletron

Not a Maverick! Maybe.

• Citizen
  • 6245 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 05 July 2017 - 02:05 PM

I would have a series based on this Megatron being forced to entertain tourists. It's Dark of the Moon Megatron but I've never seen this before. He's hilarious!

Edit - put in Zero vs Metal Sonic by mistake

Edited by Fero McPigletron, 05 July 2017 - 03:43 PM.

photo_zpsa2a20628.gifDJPon3Handopt100_zps7b9d25eb.gif

Toy Drama Theater - 1 minute episodes of Transformers (and others) having drama in their lives

https://www.youtube....CateRo5nEbdkDhF

#127 Nutjob R/T

Nutjob R/T

I love this thread.

• Citizen
  • 24015 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 10 July 2017 - 12:41 AM

Everything FI pitched but the dudes are now Urbosa-like giant women and the women are now dainty pretty men
Earth is Kill because Santa.

#128 ▲ndrusi

▲ndrusi

Praise be to Stakeout.

• Supporter
  • 24684 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 10 July 2017 - 09:18 AM

I would have a series based on this Megatron being forced to entertain tourists. It's Dark of the Moon Megatron but I've never seen this before. He's hilarious!

This, but minus the "being forced" part. Entertaining tourists is just what he does.

QUOTE(orionpax44 @ Jun 24 2012, 01:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Childrens toys? whaa the boxes seriously say ages 5+ I consider myself the plus.
QUOTE(mx-01 archon @ Sep 9 2012, 01:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You're talking to ▲ndrusi. Assume everything that he posts is snark.

#129 Undead Scottsman

Undead Scottsman

THANOSCOPTER

• Citizen
  • 10070 posts

Posted 13 July 2017 - 06:08 AM

Transformers: Colony

This was partially inspired by how I felt about the Decepticons in the first Transformers movie. (How they felt very alien, almost lovecraftian).  So while the Autobots turn into Earth vehicles and have human forms, the Decepticons turn into alien vehicles and have more monstrous and alien robot modes. (Multiple arms, spider legs, etc.etc.).  Really push the alien angle on them.  Think of it as the Autobots being G1 while the Decepticons are the really crazy designs that wound up coming out of the Live action franchise.

The premise that at some point the Autobots take whatever spark-creating McGuffin you want (Matrix, Allspark, doesn't matter) to keep it away from the Decepticons, but it dooms Cybertron.  Eventually there's no longer enough Energon for either side to win the war and there is no point staying and all the various factions evacuate.  Some time later, there's a hidden colony on Earth, where the Autobots live with humanity in secret. (I want to keep the robots in disguise bit)

In present day, an alien warfleet shows up and begins invading Earth.  The aliens (Let's have 'em be Nebulons, 'cause trademarks) are actual, organic aliens who are expanding their Emprie.  The Autobots are forced out of hiding to fight back the invaders.  The first part of the series deals with the Autobots trying to form an alliance with earth, who don't trust them because, you know, an entire colony of alien robots living on Earth.  This is especially compounded when it's revealed that the Nebulons are in fact servants of the Decepticons, who colonized Nebulos like the Autobots did Earth. In the absence of the McGuffin, they did SOMETHING to try and survive, but it caused them to degenerate into these monsters. The Autobots are barely even able recognize them as fellow Cybertronians.

Dunno what the line-wide gimmick would be.  One idea is to give everyone a spring-loaded "battle mode".  For the Autobots it's extra armor or weapons, but for the Decepticons, they mutate to become even more monstrous.

Edited by Undead Scottsman, 13 July 2017 - 06:09 AM.

MSzBav1.jpg

#130 Fortress Ironhold

Fortress Ironhold

Blasphemer

• Citizen
  • 19757 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 02:45 AM

Idea for how to launch a live-action M.A.S.K. movie series off of Transformers.

After everything that's happened, from getting caught up in the war to prolonged exposure to cube fragments to the consequences thereof to Cemetery Wind hunting his pals, Sam finally lost his already-tenuous grip on reality and had to be institutionalized. He barely remembers who Carly is, and doesn't remember their son Daniel.

Fortunately for the pair, Mikaela reached out to them and invited them to come live with her and her husband Gavin.

Officially, Gavin was a government type who spent most of his days pushing papers, something he really can't talk about because of confidentiality issues; fate smiled on him when he came into some money, money he parlayed into ownership of a dozen Trakker gas station franchises and a reasonable white-collar house out behind one of them. Trakker gas stations all follow a similar design, in that they have a small repair facility alongside the convenience store.

...And nobody would think anything of vehicles going in and out of a repair bay all day.

In reality, Gavin was black ops until he was burned in retaliation for his refusal to participate in Cemetery Wind; the "money" he came into was hush money. Since then, he and Mikaela have used their ties to the Autobots to find a group of stragglers. This includes field medic Hoist (serving as the main station's tow truck), chevalier Van-Guard (who serves as the family van), tactician and field commander Trailcutter (Gavin's personal ride), and a mixed group of triple-changers consisting of Downshift, Camshaft, Overdrive, and Sandstorm.

Trakker Enterprises itself has secretly undertaken a government contract to produce an assortment of "weapons in disguise", seemingly innocent civilian vehicles that can convert into military hardware. But unlike Joshua Joyce, Matt Trakker sees this as a means to help the Autobots; after all, the government liaisons are absolute idiots, meaning that the various Autobot refugees Gavin and Mikaela find can easily be passed off as yet another series of prototypes. Matt knows that he has to deliver something eventually, but until then his entire research facility is a sanctuary hiding in plain sight.

Unfortunately for everyone, one of the government liaisons, high-level military officer Miles Meihim, isn't as dumb as he looks. Miles' twin brother is the power behind the power at Snake Oil, a major rival for Trakker Enterprises' petroleum operations. Miles thinks nothing of passing what he knows on to his brother as a means of gaining an edge over Trakker in exchange for a seat at the table when he retires, but soon he finds out what Matt and Gavin have been doing... and decides that Megatron is in a position to pay him more than Uncle Sam, since the former is going to pay in Cybertronian tech.

Deviant Art page

#131 Fortress Ironhold

Fortress Ironhold

Blasphemer

• Citizen
  • 19757 posts

Posted Today, 12:06 AM

More of a "what-if?" than a full pitch. 

Marvel G1, post-Underbase. 

Instead of panicking at all of the deactivated, Ratchet pulls himself together. He realizes that trying to fix them all at once won't work, so he pumps all of his energy into reviving Hoist. Hoist can handle the after-action repair work, leaving Ratchet to focus on reviving First Aid. Between Ratchet and First Aid, they're able to quickly get individual bots back online. Jetfire is first, followed by Blaster, giving Optimus trusted field commanders. Wheeljack, Huffer, and Grapple are next, creating a technical crew who can handle the Ark. 

Blackjack's offer of aid is thus a lot less tempting, and so Ratchet doesn't blindly fall for it. Blackjack's efforts to retrieve Ratchet by force fail because there's now more bots to stop him, and so Starscream never gets revived... but at the same time, Megatron is still out and about on Cybertron, and Xxaron doesn't have Grimlock, Bee, and Jazz to help fend him off... at least, not until Ratchet and First Aid can revive the Dinobots and send them as reinforcements. 

In short order, it's Megatron vs. Thunderwing for control of the Decepticon forces on Cybertron, while Ratchet and First Aid revive mech after mech without the need for nucleon. 

Deviant Art page

#132 lastmaximal

lastmaximal

Cyber Key Power...linx!

• Citizen
  • 12453 posts
  • Faction::Minicon

Posted Today, 12:25 AM

Are these still SERIES pitches?

SO OKAY IT'S AVERAGE
Virtually every custom as good as the title suggests!
SoOkayItsAverage.2.gif

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users