Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (19 November 2017 - 01:25 PM)

I could handle going back to not existing. x.x;

@  Bass X0 : (19 November 2017 - 01:14 PM)

Life is the brief recess we get from not existing before going back to not existing.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (19 November 2017 - 01:10 PM)

Nah.. Life is simply the precursor to death.

@  Bass X0 : (19 November 2017 - 12:41 PM)

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it.

@  wonko the sane? : (18 November 2017 - 08:37 AM)

You won't be at school or work anymore... so mitigated success.

@  TheMightyMol... : (17 November 2017 - 05:21 PM)

Just don't try to plug yourself into an outlet. It won't end well.

@  Bass X0 : (17 November 2017 - 04:57 PM)

Trying to stay awake at work or school is a lot like using your controller when it's on low battery

@  Pennpenn : (17 November 2017 - 10:31 AM)

If you're used to doing it with tabs, that makes sense. It doesn't feel weird for me.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (17 November 2017 - 10:28 AM)

Also, it just feels weird if switching between webpages uses the same actions as switching between programs.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (17 November 2017 - 10:21 AM)

I switch between different things on the browser and click on various plugins and stuff far more often than switching from program to program.

@  Pennpenn : (17 November 2017 - 10:19 AM)

Yeah I'm mostly just venting from frustration rather than trying to convince anyone, though @NotVeryNightly I will point out that the windows for the other programs I'm running are at the bottom of the screen as well.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (17 November 2017 - 10:09 AM)

Tabs are on the top, near the address bar, browser tools, plugins and whatnot so the cursor will be there frequently anyway. Switching windows would require going down the screen.

@  Shrug : (17 November 2017 - 10:03 AM)

I mean, you do you. No bigs. You've just got a fairly unique stance that surprised me.

@  Shrug : (17 November 2017 - 09:54 AM)

I haven't seen words on the bottom bar of the screen since XP.

@  Pennpenn : (17 November 2017 - 09:13 AM)

All of which is put on the point that I don't care if people want to use tabs, I just want the option to not have them present for me on my browser.

@  Pennpenn : (17 November 2017 - 09:12 AM)

@Shrug- A quick glance at the bottom of the screen shows me what is open and where. Load times are basically so trivial that the load indicator on a tab is something I didn't notice until you mentioned it. The "which instance is playing noise" is a fair point but has basically only really been approaching meaningful for me maybe twice in all the time tabs have existed.

@  Pennpenn : (17 November 2017 - 09:07 AM)

@NotveryKnightly- I have never encountered a situation where that is true, especially given that tabs are on the other side of the screen to the other things I'm switching through.

@  Pennpenn : (17 November 2017 - 09:06 AM)

@ Nevermore- The windows at the bottom have the names of the websites on them, presuming you don't collapse them.

@  Shrug : (17 November 2017 - 08:08 AM)

Geez, this is reminding me of the awful pre-tab days.

@  Shrug : (17 November 2017 - 08:07 AM)

I can look at the tab to see if it hasn't finished loading yet. Now you can see which tab is playing sound, so no need to hunt through windows to find a video ad that started playing.

@  Shrug : (17 November 2017 - 08:07 AM)

And a quick glance lets me know whats open and where. No clicking multiple windows hunting for something. No waiting for some window preview to pop up (which wasn't available when tabs first started.)

@  NotVeryKnightly : (17 November 2017 - 06:03 AM)

Switching between tabs is way quicker than between windows.

@  Nevermore : (17 November 2017 - 04:09 AM)

It's like having a clear structore with sub-directores, instead of just having all files on your computer stored in one giant directory.

@  Nevermore : (17 November 2017 - 04:08 AM)

This way, I can switch between windows and then select the tab, instead of always trying to remember which window is for which website.

@  Nevermore : (17 November 2017 - 04:07 AM)

I find one browser window with multiple tabs a lot easier to handle alongside other windows than multiple browser windows alongside other windows.

@  Nevermore : (17 November 2017 - 04:06 AM)

I find multiple tabs a lot more comfortable than multiple windows.

@  Nevermore : (17 November 2017 - 04:06 AM)

erm... no?

@  Pennpenn : (17 November 2017 - 03:26 AM)

On mobile devices and whatever I understand why tabs would be a thing, but on a full desktop browser it's just- "Hey, here's a thing that's kind of like opening a new window, but objectively worse in every practical way"

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (17 November 2017 - 01:41 AM)

Someone remind me again: which versions of the CW Hot Spot mold did not suffer from bad hip ratcheting?

@  BlackMax : (16 November 2017 - 06:33 PM)

Holy crap I just pushed the F11 key for the first time on a keyboard since about 1994.

@  Shrug : (16 November 2017 - 01:11 PM)

tabs being wretched bs is definitely an opinion I've never seen before

@  RC85747 : (16 November 2017 - 08:25 AM)

Vivaldi lets you hide the tab bar

@  Pennpenn : (16 November 2017 - 07:45 AM)

Yeah but that gets rid of everything else as well.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (16 November 2017 - 07:33 AM)

Hit F11 Pennpenn

@  Pennpenn : (16 November 2017 - 04:15 AM)

I get that people like tabs. Fine. Whatever. I just detest the fact that most current browsers don't let you have the option of just hiding the bar away so I don't have to even think about the wretched bullshit things.

@  Pennpenn : (16 November 2017 - 04:06 AM)

Does anyone know of a browser that doesn't force tabs on you? Just... any sodding browser that doesn't have tabs.

@  Telly : (16 November 2017 - 01:59 AM)

being mostly wrong is better than being TOTALLY wrong!

@  BlackMax : (15 November 2017 - 09:26 PM)

ALL HAIL THE BLESSED OCTOBUTT.

@  Strafe : (15 November 2017 - 08:24 PM)

I really hope so. All of my high school drawings and notes (Hand-written notes! God, I'm old.) from girls are in a chest in the attic of my parents house. I'll check when I visit!

@  MEDdMI : (15 November 2017 - 06:39 PM)

Do you still have those drawings?

@  BlackMax : (15 November 2017 - 06:31 PM)

I think lesbian ninjas is just an unmitigated good idea. *shrug*

@  Devcon : (15 November 2017 - 05:56 PM)

well, that and Balloon Doggies, Mr secretary

@  Strafe : (15 November 2017 - 04:12 PM)

It's my crowning Allspark achievement! You're welcome.

@  Strafe : (15 November 2017 - 04:05 PM)

"Someone" being me. No mystery to it, I used to draw a lot during class when I was in high school. I came up with lesbian ninjas, which were a specialized team of assassins with amazing hair and impeccable style. I scanned some of my drawings and mentioned them a few times on the ezboard 17 years ago, and people seemed to like the idea.

@  Copper Bezel : (15 November 2017 - 01:05 PM)

Thanks in any case!

@  Copper Bezel : (15 November 2017 - 01:05 PM)

Oh, wow. That is ages ago. 

@  Telly : (15 November 2017 - 01:03 PM)

ages ago meaning when the spark was still on ezboard

@  Telly : (15 November 2017 - 01:02 PM)

i think maybe it was part of a title of a movie someone posted ages ago and the "lesbian ninja" part stood out and people just latched on to it. please note this is possibly totally and completely wrong cause my memory is terrible anymore

@  Copper Bezel : (15 November 2017 - 12:11 PM)

I don't think it's a fandom thing, I think it's an Allspark thing. Or that's been my perception. Mayhem has some lesbian ninja regulars now but I think the reference is much older. = ] 

@  Robowang : (15 November 2017 - 11:02 AM)

Who knows. I always thought it was stupid.

Photo
- - - - -

What's your Transformers franchise/series pitch?

139 replies to this topic

#121 LordGigaIce

LordGigaIce

See if you can take the power of justice!

• Staff
  • 2056 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 25 June 2017 - 08:46 PM

Seinfield-esq but less neurotic.

S1eI4pC.png

Edited by LordGigaIce, 25 June 2017 - 08:57 PM.

B3v0h0W.png

What a relief it would be to end this all, how easy to fly the white flag and give up. But would I run today, just to die another day? Give up now, and every fight has been in vain. Stand up and fight!

Basically a Podcast Network

#122 Fortress Ironhold

Fortress Ironhold

Blasphemer

• Citizen
  • 19976 posts

Posted 25 June 2017 - 09:20 PM

Wonderland.

Back in the 1950s, Wonderland Studios was the dream of a series of investors and Hollywood types who felt that the town of Port Manteau, Texas, could be another Hollywood. A massive studio set was erected, complete with on-site housing and amenities for the workers and staff.

The first few movies Wonderland produced gave the world the impression that perhaps these yahoos knew what they were doing. But by the end of the 1960s, the dream was over. Embezzlement. Cost over-runs. Damage from a hurricane. Coastal bias against "fly-over country". Wonderland's decision to allow non-union labor and talent. All these, and more, combined to drive the studio deep into debt. Before too long, a vengeful IRS agent with an axe to grind against one of the main investors had succeeded in seizing the property.

Too bad "failed movie lots" weren't in high demand back then, leaving Uncle Sam stuck paying the tab to maintain a very much attractive nuisance.

A decade back, it seemed like their prayers were answered when a mysterious fire devastated much of the facility; in particular, a section of the lot purpose-built for science fiction films was completely destroyed. But when the IRS sent people in to condemn and demolish the rest, they were met by a number of UNIT:E types. If the IRS didn't want Wonderland, UNIT:E was going to take it.

Before too long, Wonderland was back in business... as UNIT:E's de facto headquarters. So far as everyone knew, E was leasing property out to small-time film studios when they weren't using the property themselves to produce PSAs and training films. In reality, the core of the rebuilt "Future Town" is the Cybertronian titan Metroplex, who came to Earth in pursuit of his foe Trypticon. The fire? A consequence of their climactic battle. Trypticon, who appeared to have been mortally wounded, was last seen slipping beneath the ocean. Meanwhile, an apologetic Metroplex agreed to take the form of the destroyed facilities as a disguise so that he could serve as a guard against further Decepticon incursion. While he was at it, he also started using his various defensive mechanisms to protect the town from further hurricane threats. UNIT:E quickly learned everything he was willing to teach them, allowing them to be ready for the day the war came back to Earth.

It just came back.
Lexicon: still up and running!

"At my last intern briefing, Craig was clearly tired. His message had changed to, "Stay out of trouble, period." It seemed that, as director of security, Livingstone was growing old fast. If he didn't watch out, he'd become one of us - a 'Mormon' or a 'straight,' which is what Clinton staffers called FBI agents, the Secret Service, and former Bush employees."

Aldrich, Gary. Unlimited Access Washington D.C.: Regency, 1996. Pg 38

Please visit my Half.com store

Deviant Art page

#123 Fortress Ironhold

Fortress Ironhold

Blasphemer

• Citizen
  • 19976 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 12:48 AM

RiD '01, season 2

Someone back on Cybertron finally gets around to doing a head count, at which point they realize Sky Byte's still on Earth. 

A team under the command of Storm Jet is sent back inside of Fortress Maximus to go retrieve him, only to find that he's been secretly keeping tabs on a group of "space pirates" that have landed on the planet in the absence of the Autobot forces. Someone told the pirates that Fortress Maximus' rival Scorponok was still in hiding on the planet, and so they've been secretly trying to look for him. 

Basically, it's something that would let the non-show characters have face time, including all six of the second assortment of Spychangers (Prowl 2 and Side Burn 2 would be renamed and presented as new characters). 

"At my last intern briefing, Craig was clearly tired. His message had changed to, "Stay out of trouble, period." It seemed that, as director of security, Livingstone was growing old fast. If he didn't watch out, he'd become one of us - a 'Mormon' or a 'straight,' which is what Clinton staffers called FBI agents, the Secret Service, and former Bush employees."

Deviant Art page

#124 Fortress Ironhold

Fortress Ironhold

Blasphemer

• Citizen
  • 19976 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 02:02 PM

RiD '01, season 2

Someone back on Cybertron finally gets around to doing a head count, at which point they realize Sky Byte's still on Earth. 

A team under the command of Storm Jet is sent back inside of Fortress Maximus to go retrieve him, only to find that he's been secretly keeping tabs on a group of "space pirates" that have landed on the planet in the absence of the Autobot forces. Someone told the pirates that Fortress Maximus' rival Scorponok was still in hiding on the planet, and so they've been secretly trying to look for him. 

Basically, it's something that would let the non-show characters have face time, including all six of the second assortment of Spychangers (Prowl 2 and Side Burn 2 would be renamed and presented as new characters). 

By coincidence, I was looking at some old concept car designs and found this: 

http://www.diseno-ar...aihatsu_ai.html

I'm now saying that Ai-Chan is somehow going to become a headmaster. 

For Koji, I guess something like this: http://www.diseno-ar..._truckster.html

Deviant Art page

#125 Superomegaprime

Superomegaprime
  • Citizen
  • 1541 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 29 June 2017 - 06:48 PM

I was thinking of a bit of an idea, if they were to reboot the movies and yet want to bring in Gi Joe & M.A.S.K, as a shared universe on screen, it would kind of start like this:

Just a normal day for the people of a city, New York maybe, when in the sky a massive fireball appears and explodes, then pieces of metal come showering down all over the city, including a robot's head that lands in the middle of a street upside down. Then everything flashes back to a short time before and we see two massive alien warships engaged in battle, anything of earth's orbit is simply in the way, the two ships are locked together and we see robots fighting each other, some hand to hand others with guns. We go to the bridge of one of the ships and see Optimus, pre-earth look along with a couple of his officers, one says their taking heavy fire and they can't maintain orbit and Optimus says for those controlling the ship main weapons to blast the enemy ship engines with everything they got, if they go down, so will they. We see a shot of the gun batteries pounding the enemy ship as they change direction towards the enemy rear end. Then we go to the bridge of the other ship and see Starscream yelling to keep up the pressure while one of his underlings says that they must disengage if they want to return to base but SS says for them to shut up and do as he commands and destory the Autobot ship with everything they got. Then there is a massive explosion and the con ship engines have been hit badly, SS orders that they ram their ship into the Autobot one and evacuate. The ship collides with the Autobot one and the two are in a uncontrolled sprial, plunging downwards towards the city, Optimus orders his troops to evacuate as he prepares the self destruct to take out the enemy ship and then Optimus runs for the last escape pod where BB tells him to hurry up but then there is a explosion and BB is decapated while the escape pod falls away from the ship. Optimus having no choice, makes a break for it by simply jumping out of the burning wreakage of his ship.

The aftermath is, many bots from both side surive the crash and adopt earth forms and go into hidding and wait for a signal from their superiors to gather, the groverment is unable to cover up the disaster due to thousands of pictures including pictures of the robot head on the internet. The presidant makes a public statement that they are no longer alone in the universe, of course a massive cloud of dirt risen into the sky and covering the remains of the city, the ships have crashed landed in the middle of the city, fires burn around the area, but the remains of the Autobot ship is far more scattered because of the self destruction. The city has fallen into complete chaos, so people who got the desire to take over or at least curious to what had landed begin looking into the wreckage of the ships.

Elsewhere, Optimus's body is found by the milltray and they secure it for reserach purposes among other things, their movements are seen by Prowl who taken the form of a police car and selected to remain hidden at that time and contact Blaster to have his minions take charge of tracking where Optimus's body being taken and find out what his actual status is, where or not he is alive.

Starscream would serve as the main villian for the first film, his goals are to establish a base and wipe out the surving Autobots and get reinforcements from their home world as well as plunder the earth for its resources, he launches a attack on the humans who trying to prevent people from getting close to the con ship remains and gets inside and tries to establish contact with the main command, only to get into a fight with a Autobot and he kills the Autobot who has a red deco and works to try and get a signal out but long range contact has been made useless because of the battle and the crash. He able to summon the nearby cons to gather at the ship and decares that he will make the earth his world but he is unaware of one of Blaster's minions spying on him and they report back to Blaster who reports the information to Prowl.

Optimus awakens to the surprise of the milltray and they threaten him with their weapons, he looks around and from a truck appears one of Blaster's minions holding their hands up as they walk to Optimus and they speak in Cybertionan for a moment and then after a long pause Optimus speaks in the human langauges and wants to speak with their leader. A captian comes forwards and Optimus explains their sitution and why they had come to that region of space only to encounter their mortal enemies. The cons aren't native to Cybertron but come from another planet made of metal and desire conquest of the galaxy and have been raging war against other races with the bid to have them submit. They tried to invade a colony world and the Autobots were sent to engage them in battle and the war expanded across the galaxy, the Autobots were after the leader of the enemy and believed his flag ship the Nemesis was in the region of space and the two ships escorts were destoryed in battle around Jupiter and the two main ships got into a fight that resulted in them going off course and battling it out above the planet Earth.

Optimus being much bigger than the soldiers is able to move and the human weaponary has very little effect upon him or his subordate, he tells the humans to stay away from the con ship, even damaged it still was highly dangerous and Optimus picks the form of a nearby truck and transforms and rolls off much to the surprise of the human soldiers. Optimus reunites with the surivors of his crew and gets a round up of what transpired while he was offline and repairing his systems after the crash and explosion. Optimus says they can morn their fallen later, they must stop Starscream from contacting Decepticon command regardless of the cost, if Megatron were to bring his most dangerous officers to this world, there be little chance for its natives to surive.

The Autobots go to the crash site of the con ship and we get a couple of comments on how well it surived the crash despite having the Autobot ship blow up around it, the ship lays in a massive creator and lots of ruined buildings surround it, Optimus orders his troops forwards with caution and evenly this leads into a major fight between the two sides where laser blasts fire back and forth. The human milltray arrive to see what looks like a scene of complete chaos and they are at a lost who they should aid, so the commander says to do nothing but obsere and keep civilians away from the site as best possible as the ones that were doing that job have vanished thou burn marks and broken milltray & police vehicles lay nearby indicating that they been killed by some advanced weaponary.

Inside of the ship Starscream's troops get taken down and Starscream yells he will not let Optimus steal his ship and activates the self destruct before fleeing only to encounter Jazz, Optimus works to deactivate the self destruct because of the damage it could do to the humans, while he not allied with them in any form, he sees that they need protecting as a treaty signed by the leaders of Cybertron and its colonies state they must protect intellegent life regardless of where or not they are made of metal. SS does manages to get away from Jazz and takes to the skies in his jet form abandoning his remaining troops and yelling at them to flee the scene which they do. Optimus manages to disable the self destruct before it goes off, giving the Autobots a minor victory in their war.

After that day the Autobots reach an agreement with the leaders of earth to lend them their aid and some of their tech in exchange for resources to help them repair the transmitter on the enemy ship and Optimus sends out a signal into space to get help from their allies but their unaware of the fact the ship they been seraching for in space picks up the signal and Soundwave reports it to Megatron who says for them to set acourse for that planet so he can kill the leader of his most hated enemy personally.

The stuff that doesn't fall into the milltray hands from the wreckage of the ships would lead into the creation of terrorist groups bent on misusing the tech for their own selfish purposes, thus Cobra & Vemon are formed, the Joes would be created as elite soldiers to tackle these threats but from a private group, M.A.S.K is born with the intent of stopping Vemon.

For a sequel, I would have Megatron coming to Earth to kill Optimus

That's pretty much what I thought up, some of it came to me as I wrote this post and I think its a pretty plausable story at least for getting the bots to earth in the first place

36428543702_ff3b1fc457_m.jpg

#126 Fero McPigletron

Fero McPigletron

Not a Maverick! Maybe.

• Citizen
  • 6430 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 05 July 2017 - 02:05 PM

I would have a series based on this Megatron being forced to entertain tourists. It's Dark of the Moon Megatron but I've never seen this before. He's hilarious!

Edit - put in Zero vs Metal Sonic by mistake

Edited by Fero McPigletron, 05 July 2017 - 03:43 PM.

photo_zpsa2a20628.gifDJPon3Handopt100_zps7b9d25eb.gif

Toy Drama Theater - 1 minute episodes of Transformers (and others) having drama in their lives

https://www.youtube....CateRo5nEbdkDhF

#127 Nutjob R/T

Nutjob R/T

I love this thread.

• Citizen
  • 24183 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 10 July 2017 - 12:41 AM

Everything FI pitched but the dudes are now Urbosa-like giant women and the women are now dainty pretty men
Earth is Kill because Santa.

#128 ▲ndrusi

▲ndrusi

Praise be to Stakeout.

• Supporter
  • 24876 posts

Posted 10 July 2017 - 09:18 AM

I would have a series based on this Megatron being forced to entertain tourists. It's Dark of the Moon Megatron but I've never seen this before. He's hilarious!

This, but minus the "being forced" part. Entertaining tourists is just what he does.

QUOTE(orionpax44 @ Jun 24 2012, 01:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Childrens toys? whaa the boxes seriously say ages 5+ I consider myself the plus.
QUOTE(mx-01 archon @ Sep 9 2012, 01:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You're talking to ▲ndrusi. Assume everything that he posts is snark.

#129 Undead Scottsman

Undead Scottsman

THANOSCOPTER

• Citizen
  • 10100 posts

Posted 13 July 2017 - 06:08 AM

Transformers: Colony

This was partially inspired by how I felt about the Decepticons in the first Transformers movie. (How they felt very alien, almost lovecraftian).  So while the Autobots turn into Earth vehicles and have human forms, the Decepticons turn into alien vehicles and have more monstrous and alien robot modes. (Multiple arms, spider legs, etc.etc.).  Really push the alien angle on them.  Think of it as the Autobots being G1 while the Decepticons are the really crazy designs that wound up coming out of the Live action franchise.

The premise that at some point the Autobots take whatever spark-creating McGuffin you want (Matrix, Allspark, doesn't matter) to keep it away from the Decepticons, but it dooms Cybertron.  Eventually there's no longer enough Energon for either side to win the war and there is no point staying and all the various factions evacuate.  Some time later, there's a hidden colony on Earth, where the Autobots live with humanity in secret. (I want to keep the robots in disguise bit)

In present day, an alien warfleet shows up and begins invading Earth.  The aliens (Let's have 'em be Nebulons, 'cause trademarks) are actual, organic aliens who are expanding their Emprie.  The Autobots are forced out of hiding to fight back the invaders.  The first part of the series deals with the Autobots trying to form an alliance with earth, who don't trust them because, you know, an entire colony of alien robots living on Earth.  This is especially compounded when it's revealed that the Nebulons are in fact servants of the Decepticons, who colonized Nebulos like the Autobots did Earth. In the absence of the McGuffin, they did SOMETHING to try and survive, but it caused them to degenerate into these monsters. The Autobots are barely even able recognize them as fellow Cybertronians.

Dunno what the line-wide gimmick would be.  One idea is to give everyone a spring-loaded "battle mode".  For the Autobots it's extra armor or weapons, but for the Decepticons, they mutate to become even more monstrous.

Edited by Undead Scottsman, 13 July 2017 - 06:09 AM.

MSzBav1.jpg

#130 Fortress Ironhold

Fortress Ironhold

Blasphemer

• Citizen
  • 19976 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 02:45 AM

Idea for how to launch a live-action M.A.S.K. movie series off of Transformers.

After everything that's happened, from getting caught up in the war to prolonged exposure to cube fragments to the consequences thereof to Cemetery Wind hunting his pals, Sam finally lost his already-tenuous grip on reality and had to be institutionalized. He barely remembers who Carly is, and doesn't remember their son Daniel.

Fortunately for the pair, Mikaela reached out to them and invited them to come live with her and her husband Gavin.

Officially, Gavin was a government type who spent most of his days pushing papers, something he really can't talk about because of confidentiality issues; fate smiled on him when he came into some money, money he parlayed into ownership of a dozen Trakker gas station franchises and a reasonable white-collar house out behind one of them. Trakker gas stations all follow a similar design, in that they have a small repair facility alongside the convenience store.

...And nobody would think anything of vehicles going in and out of a repair bay all day.

In reality, Gavin was black ops until he was burned in retaliation for his refusal to participate in Cemetery Wind; the "money" he came into was hush money. Since then, he and Mikaela have used their ties to the Autobots to find a group of stragglers. This includes field medic Hoist (serving as the main station's tow truck), chevalier Van-Guard (who serves as the family van), tactician and field commander Trailcutter (Gavin's personal ride), and a mixed group of triple-changers consisting of Downshift, Camshaft, Overdrive, and Sandstorm.

Trakker Enterprises itself has secretly undertaken a government contract to produce an assortment of "weapons in disguise", seemingly innocent civilian vehicles that can convert into military hardware. But unlike Joshua Joyce, Matt Trakker sees this as a means to help the Autobots; after all, the government liaisons are absolute idiots, meaning that the various Autobot refugees Gavin and Mikaela find can easily be passed off as yet another series of prototypes. Matt knows that he has to deliver something eventually, but until then his entire research facility is a sanctuary hiding in plain sight.

Unfortunately for everyone, one of the government liaisons, high-level military officer Miles Meihim, isn't as dumb as he looks. Miles' twin brother is the power behind the power at Snake Oil, a major rival for Trakker Enterprises' petroleum operations. Miles thinks nothing of passing what he knows on to his brother as a means of gaining an edge over Trakker in exchange for a seat at the table when he retires, but soon he finds out what Matt and Gavin have been doing... and decides that Megatron is in a position to pay him more than Uncle Sam, since the former is going to pay in Cybertronian tech.

Deviant Art page

#131 Fortress Ironhold

Fortress Ironhold

Blasphemer

• Citizen
  • 19976 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 12:06 AM

More of a "what-if?" than a full pitch. 

Marvel G1, post-Underbase. 

Instead of panicking at all of the deactivated, Ratchet pulls himself together. He realizes that trying to fix them all at once won't work, so he pumps all of his energy into reviving Hoist. Hoist can handle the after-action repair work, leaving Ratchet to focus on reviving First Aid. Between Ratchet and First Aid, they're able to quickly get individual bots back online. Jetfire is first, followed by Blaster, giving Optimus trusted field commanders. Wheeljack, Huffer, and Grapple are next, creating a technical crew who can handle the Ark. 

Blackjack's offer of aid is thus a lot less tempting, and so Ratchet doesn't blindly fall for it. Blackjack's efforts to retrieve Ratchet by force fail because there's now more bots to stop him, and so Starscream never gets revived... but at the same time, Megatron is still out and about on Cybertron, and Xxaron doesn't have Grimlock, Bee, and Jazz to help fend him off... at least, not until Ratchet and First Aid can revive the Dinobots and send them as reinforcements. 

In short order, it's Megatron vs. Thunderwing for control of the Decepticon forces on Cybertron, while Ratchet and First Aid revive mech after mech without the need for nucleon. 

Deviant Art page

#132 lastmaximal

lastmaximal

Cyber Key Power...linx!

• Citizen
  • 12772 posts
  • Faction::Minicon

Posted 21 August 2017 - 12:25 AM

Are these still SERIES pitches?

SO OKAY IT'S AVERAGE
Virtually every custom as good as the title suggests!
SoOkayItsAverage.2.gif

#133 Fortress Ironhold

Fortress Ironhold

Blasphemer

• Citizen
  • 19976 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 05:19 PM

More of a UNIT:E focus...

Sylvia Avery is a grad student at the Port Manteau, Texas, campus of the Walter Ellis Wrangwit University system. She's trying to get a degree in marine biology, her end goal being to one day obtain her own research vessel. 

Right now, she's part of a team responsible for developing a series of sensor buoys that the government's commissioned them to develop. Each unit is supposed to be able to scan, register, and identify a wide variety of weather patterns, chemical signatures, biological signatures, et cetra. Oh, and they need to be designed in such a fashion that they can be deployed from a purpose-built system a third party has designed that would allow for them to be carried into place and dropped from a helicopter. 

Their liaison is a government operative named Galen Cavanaugh. He and two assistants are supposed to coming by to check on the progress of the project, but things immediately get off on the wrong foot when he drives up in what appears to be an early 1990s four-door sedan that's gotten the Carol Shelby treatment... and it's towing a large travel trailer that appears to have some electronic equipment up on top. What's more, despite being dressed in what appear to be government-style suits, the male assistant is sporting an obvious mullet and the female assistant has pink hair. This sets off the project head, who immediately dismisses him as some sort of hack... until he takes one look at the specs and shuts her down hard. As Galen explains, someone on the team decided to cut corners by cribbing from blueprints for an experimental Navy sensor buoy that was leaked online a few years ago. Not only does Galen recognize the design, he sees that whoever cribbed it never bothered to fix the flaw in the design; turns out that the leak was deliberate, and that anyone who copied the leaked designs was in for some problems. 

Sylvia successfully pleads with Galen concerning the fate of the project. If the guilty parties - and the current head - are removed from the project and replaced, he'll give them another chance. Sylvia manages to reconnect with some friends she made during her undergrad work, including engineering grad student Valerie and political science grad student Layla. Layla's boyfriend, an officer in the Navy Reserves, also joins the team... and nearly passes out when he's told that Galen is involved. Not only is Galen rather infamous for being a "men in black" type despite his rather casual dress and mannerisms, the design for the deployment mechanism indicates that the buoys won't be deployed by any known helicopter in the active United States arsenal. 

With the assistance of Valerie's boyfriend, a SWAT officer with connections, Sylvia decides to do some detective work on top of finishing the project. Whatever the buoys are for, everyone realizes, they aren't for what Uncle Sam said they're for; basically, if they aren't monitoring for Godzilla, they're monitoring for Mecha-Godzilla. 

The rather impromptu team manages to uncover enough material to where they realize they're unwitting pawns in some scheme, at which point they go to confront Galen. 

It turns out that while the government is looking for buoys of that type, a "third party" has already made them. Instead, past a certain point, the thing was a test to see if they had the kind of qualities needed to be recruited into UNIT:E... specifically, to see if they were ready to follow him down the rabbit hole. His two assistants reveal themselves to be the Cassette Bots Reject (male) and Mixtape (female), while the sedan / travel trailer combo is Rodimus Prime, a high-level military commander in the Autobot forces from Cybertron. Rodimus and a team arrived on Earth with the support of a Titan mech known as Metroplex to intercept a group of terrorists known as Decepticons and their Titan, Trypticon. The Autobots won with UNIT:E assistance (the UNIT:E headquarters in the former Wonderland Studios facility is now also Autobot HQ), but it wasn't a decisive victory and the Decepticons could well be back. Hence the rush to try and recruit new UNIT:E candidates. 

Deviant Art page

#134 Superomegaprime

Superomegaprime
  • Citizen
  • 1541 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 05:45 PM

An idea that kind of came to me from the thread about Beast Wars/machines, this could be set around the time of the Beast Wars, at least in the future side of it: A mysterious and dangerous Predacon has stolen a prototype time drive (likely invented by Wheeljack) and his goal is to alter history and escapes into the past and begins causing havoc, so a group of elite Maximals are to follow the Predacons into the past and they must chase the Predacons across history trying to capture them and not altering established events, such as BW Megatron attempt on Optimus prime life, say during the Predacons flight into the past, something goes wrong with the time drive and they are scattered across time and space thus the Maximals need to hunt down and capture these Predacons before its to late.

What I have in mind is, the two sides using beast forms to blend into their surroundings at least on Earth, yet the Predacons try to do things that could alter their known history of Earth & Cybertron, such as killing a king before he meant to die or telling a Decepticon officer about what the Autobots used as tatics during a major battle and change the outcome of the battle. Even attempt to kill Orion Pax before he meets Aphla Trion or obtains the Matrix of leadership, in other words, try to get the Decpections to win the war instead of the Autobots.

I know its not exactly well thought out but it could work as a show a bit, sort of explore history a bit while also having battles raging. Its just an idea, nothing more, nothing less.

#135 Evac

Evac

Bees. My God.

• Citizen
  • 23833 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 10:11 AM

Okay, this is partly inspired by Caboo's excellent Transformers: Rebellion idea, and partly by a dream I had last night.

Transformers: Alliance

It is an era of uneasy peace. Cybertron, a planet still reeling from the aftereffects of the Great War, has just made first contact with the planet Earth, and forged an alliance with them. However, there are conspirators within the alliance with motives to start a new Great War out of distrust for the other members. Fortunately, two great Cybertronian leaders seek to root out the conspiracies with the aid of some humans.

Core Autobots:

Optimus Prime: The young and untested leader of the Elite Guard, Optimus is a rising star in the Cybertronian political scene. He's secretly forged an alliance with the Lord High Protector Megatron, who is mentoring the younger Cybertronian on his doctrine of "Peace through empathy." He is a thinker more than a fighter, although he's more than able to fight with the aid of his greatsword and shield. He transforms into a 2017 JMC race truck concept.

Ironhide: An old soldier, Ironhide remembers the Great War well. Grumpy and irritable, he doesn't quite trust the Decepticons yet. However, he believes Optimus knows what's right. He transforms into a large military humvee.

Bumblebee: A Minicon, Bumblebee makes up for his small size with a lot of pluck. Despite being only 3 feet tall, he has battle-grade stinger weapons that can deal some serious damage to his opponents. He transforms into an RC race car.

Jetstream: "Crazy" is a good word for this Autobot. Unstable and violent, it's amazing Jetstream can focus long enough to do his job as a journalist. However, he was hand-picked by Optimus to be part of his taskforce. He transforms into a news helicopter.

Prowl: A stealthy law enforcement officer, Prowl is Optimus' agent in the Iacon Security Administration. He's one of the few good cops in the bunch, as the Security Administration is headed by the corrupt Chief Justice Tyrest; as a result, most officers are distrusting of Decepticons. Prowl is a Cyber-Ninja. He transforms into an enclosed recumbant police bike based on a 2003 Sbarro concept.

Core Decepticons:

Megatron: The Lord High Protector of Cybertron, Megatron is known as the "redeemer" among the Decepticons. Ascending to power after the Decepticon leader Devron fell in the Great War, Megatron, always a reluctant warrior, declared an end to the Great War. Jaded and weary, he doesn't like to dwell on the things he had to do during the war. He transforms into a mining vehicle; while he changed his alt-mode to a military vehicle during the Great War, he voluntarily returned to his original alt-mode after peace was declared.

Starscream: A young Decepticon, he is Megatron's other apprentice. Hot-headed and reckless, he's good friends with Optimus, although the two occasionally disagree. He transforms into a space jet.

Bayonet: A female Decepticon, Bayonet is a stoic and serious-natured officer and is Prowl's partner in the Security Administration. She has no sense of humor. She transforms into a police car. She's actually sort of like a female Barricade.

Lugnut: A fiercely-loyal Decepticon bruiser, Lugnut is undyingly loyal to Megatron. He's not too bright, though. He transforms into an old-fashioned bomber plane.

Terminology:

Autobot: One of the three Cybertronian races, Autobots generally transform into civilian vehicles and lack heavy armaments.

Decepticon: One of the three Cybertronian races, Decepticons have a variety of alt-modes and are generally heavily-armed.

Minicon: The third Cybertronian race, Minicons are small Cybertronians that stand about three feet tall. Most if not all have mouthplates covering their faces. Despite their small stature, they are just as powerful in a fight as larger Cybertronians. They're based on Medabots. Their role is to interact safely with smaller sentient races.

Edited by Evac, 18 September 2017 - 07:59 PM.

#136 Superomegaprime

Superomegaprime
  • Citizen
  • 1541 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 03:41 PM

Sounds much like Armada all over again, only that its involving political people from Earth

#137 Fortress Ironhold

Fortress Ironhold

Blasphemer

• Citizen
  • 19976 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 09:13 PM

You have three mini-cons who have the ability to create holo-matter disguises and an interest in Earth music.

How do you hide them?

For Renaissance Man Felix Browning, the answer was simple: grab his prototype super-keytar, salvage some junked instruments, and hide in plain sight as popular Vaporwave band Retrograde.

Six years and three successful albums later, however, and the Autobots & Decepticons may have just finally caught on...

Deviant Art page

#138 Evac

Evac

Bees. My God.

• Citizen
  • 23833 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 09:31 PM

CaTZPW1.jpg

#139 SG Roadbuster

SG Roadbuster
  • Citizen
  • 115 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 19 October 2017 - 10:11 AM

My series begins with a prelude movie titled "Transformers: Dusk"

Dusk begins with a standard Optimus led Autobots vs Megatron led Decepticons war on earth, except this war has escalated into an all out Armageddon. every single active service Autobot and Decepticon have come to earth, numbering in the millions. humanity is crushed underfoot, the moon shattered, the planet itself cracked open to the core so the Decepticons can harness geothermal power easier. The Autobots do what they can for humanity, but their primary objective is destroying the decepticons, not saving the earth.

Humanity fights back. a brilliant scientist, Sari Sumdac engineers a virus, using Cybertronian neural code as the base and splicing it with a mutagenic airborne pathogen (the common cold perhaps? in essence creating cybernetic microbes.

she releases this Virus dubbed "Ragnarok" upon the Cybertronians. sacrificing her life to do so as the prosthetics keeping her alive are based on Transformer technology.

The Ragnarok Virus runs roughshod through Autobot and Decepticon alike killing every single Transformer on Earth. when the Great Optimus prime is finally infected, the Virus is exposed to the Matrix of Leadership, and mutates. turning itself upon Earth's organic life, and mutating it beyond recognition. only humanity is spared the effects, as a single failsafe embedded in the Virus' code survived the mutation, ignoring Homo Sapiens.

the film's credits roll, accompanied by a montage, humanity struggling to survive this new world, adapting, thriving, a new Empire is built, spanning the whole of what is left of Earth. Humanity finally united under one banner. Technology never going past the steam powered and gear driven tech, as anything even resembling a basic transistor is set upon by the Virus and destroyed.

the series proper begins "Transformers: Ragnarok" it's first episode entitled "Dawn"

4000 years after Ragnarok, 2 Cybertronian ships enter Terran space firing upon each other. both ships are damaged and fall into the atmosphere. systems failing catastrophically, worse even than the damage normally incurred by such battles.the 2 ships crash. and as Protoforms aboard both vessels begin dying, the medical/scientific officers of both vessels realize what is happening. in a desperate bid for survival the local wildlife is scanned and the surviving crews are reconfigured and fitted with their "skin suits" the mutated dna of Terra's wildlife inoculating them against the Ragnarok virus, blasters are disabled, but melee weaponry is still functional.

(the wildlife of Terra by the way, now resembles "what if H.R. Giger designed the Ice Age")

The Eternal Terran Empire: a feudal system dominated by steampunk technology, but said technology is strictly regulated, anything big enough for a cybertronian to disguise itself as must be either under constant surveillance or disassembled between uses.

among the ETE's Military forces are a group known as the Metal Hunters. a group of Humans specially trained and armed to hunt and destroy cybertronians. they also seem to be showing signs of mutation similar to the Wildlife. perhaps the Sumdac failsafe is wearing off.

The Maximals and Predcons fight each other, and the Metal Hunters, and the local fauna simply to survive. 

( i havent had any ideas about which characters to use as I spent all of my brainpoints worldbuilding)

#140 Fortress Ironhold

Fortress Ironhold

Blasphemer

• Citizen
  • 19976 posts

Posted 25 October 2017 - 12:42 AM

More of a UNIT:E focus...

Rather significant revision for this one.

As a youth, Stuart King was the first of his siblings to realize that their father's job with UNIT:E entailed black ops work. As a "reward" for this, his father slowly began bringing him into the game (so to speak), essentially preparing him to be the next generation.

At some point in the early 1980s, a Cybertronian scout probe ended up here in the Milky Way. It was one of an absurd number of probes send out by group after group to gather information as it went, and so as long as it continued to broadcast, no one cared. This apathetic attitude meant that it wasn't sent out with a specific course in mind, and so the probe was left to its own devices when it came to avoiding Earth's atmosphere. After its long voyage, however, the probe didn't have the energy left to power its thrusters, and so ended up coming down in the Gulf of Mexico. UNIT:E eventually recovered it, but the research lab they took it to had a Russian mole. The mole reported on the fact that the Americans had some new satelite, not realizing what was going on, and so was given the authority to destroy that he couldn't steal. The fallout from this incident led to the probe being relocated to a UNIT:E facility in Port Manteau, Texas, which so happened to be the King family's stomping grounds.

UNIT:E didn't have the technology at the time to realize that the probe had been sending out a weak signal the entire time. Some years later, a Junkion scout vessel - a small ship about the size of a tugboat and crewed by mini-cons - happened to be in the area after a detour involving some Autobots on patrol, and so they were the first ones to come investigate. Unfortunately, they came to Earth during hurricane season, and decided (rather foolishly) to try their luck. They figured that if they were lucky, their ship could use the hurricane as cover while they got in close to investigate. They weren't lucky.

Daddy King was smart enough to pull the strings needed to buy a house in one of the few parts of Port Manteau that had never flooded in recorded history, meaning that when a hurricane or other weather incident hit it was just a matter of checking on the neighbors and then deploying his kids to help him run damage control. It was in this fashion that a younger (pre-teen?) Stuart encountered the wrecked Junkion ship. He was able to rescue the mini-cons and the ship's data core, but was severely injured when one of the ship's fuel tanks blew.

The grateful Junkions honestly tried to "fix" him, not realizing that organic matter can't be repaired like Cybertronians can. Fortunately for Stuart, however, the whole shebang caused a Wolverine-esque healing factor to kick in; in time, his body essentially absorbed what the Junkions had done to him and integrated it into his own organic material, essentially turning him into a cybernetically-enhanced human being.

Given such an incident, it's no wonder that his future as a UNIT:E operative would be fixed in place.

The damage done to his mind? Irrelevant...

Fast forward about 20 years.

Megatron, seeking any edge he could in the Cybertronian Civil War, heard reports about a Junkion vessel going missing near an inhabited planet. He dispatched a team under Toxitron, a team that included Trypticon, to investigate. Rodimus Prime and a team followed, Metroplex in tow. Once again, Port Manteau found itself playing unwitting host to alien robots, but fortunately for the city the carnage was confined to the abandoned Wonderland Studios facility.

In the aftermath, UNIT:E seized control of the property, establishing Metroplex's "base" mode on the site of the studio's old sci-fi movie lot. Thus, Port Manteau became both the unofficial Cybertronian embassy and UNIT:E HQ. Stuart, who had been given some... "special" upgrades to thank him for his part in helping out, was promoted to one of the top field commanders and given discretion in recruiting potential operatives as he saw fit.

It was in this capacity that he was assigned to liaison with the college in question about the buoy project, and when he noted the purity of Sylvia's desires to finish the job he realized he might just have another recruit on his hands. That she and her network of associates actually put their heads together and did enough digging to realize something was up sealed the deal, at which point all were extended offers to come join him and his crew of Chuckleheads.

What these new recruits don't realize, however, is that Toxitron isn't done with the planet. He's madder than a wet hen, and is willing to play dirty to get his revenge... up to and including recruiting human allies of his own. Thus, not only is Earth now the latest battlefield in the Civil War, its inhabitants are being pulled into taking sides as well.

...And whether the galaxy knows it or not, the fate of the conflict may rest in the hands of a man who isn't entirely what people think he is and his ever-expanding crew of misfits.

(Basically, the trauma of everything did some serious damage to Stuart's psyche. He basically has his own personal version of "Tim Burton Presents Inside Out" going on in his head, something that allows him to actually hold council with himself. This has effectively given him the mental capabilities of multiple people at once, and as needs be he can even let someone else take the wheel for a bit if their skills are more suited to the task at hand. This has amped up his effectiveness as an agent, but if anyone beyond a select few knew the truth of how "damaged" he is he'd be placed on an immediate and indefinite psych profile... which is why there's such an incentive to keep pushing him until the damage becomes permanent.)

Deviant Art page

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users