Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Telly : (27 February 2017 - 01:10 AM)

i didnt. not until '83 anyway :thumbsup

@  TM2-Megatron : (27 February 2017 - 01:00 AM)

Yeah, that was a hard one to take. So many nerds from '77 on must've grown up having a crush on her

@  ShadowMan024 : (27 February 2017 - 12:34 AM)

I mean, I knew it was coming, but just hearing Carrie say "May the Force be with you" hurt :(

@  ShadowMan024 : (27 February 2017 - 12:32 AM)

They always save the saddest deaths for last in the "in memoriam" sequence.

@  TM2-Megatron : (27 February 2017 - 12:30 AM)

I am glad they made the right choice with Best Animated, even if it was a tough call this year.

@  TM2-Megatron : (27 February 2017 - 12:28 AM)

I remember him from the old days on Breaker High airing on YTV

@  TM2-Megatron : (27 February 2017 - 12:28 AM)

Also, Ryan Gosling. Ugh, go #### yourself Ryan Gosling, with your perfect bone structure

@  NotVeryKnightly : (27 February 2017 - 12:26 AM)

Since there's way more nominees than winners in every category that's not exactly unusual.

@  ShadowMan024 : (27 February 2017 - 12:25 AM)

Even then, I think it lost more nominations than it won.

@  ShadowMan024 : (27 February 2017 - 12:24 AM)

I think the reason La La Land won so many awards is because it was basically Hollywood stroking its own ego

@  TM2-Megatron : (27 February 2017 - 12:20 AM)

Kinda glad. I like Emma Stone, but for whatever reason I can't stand that movie. I'm surprised it didn't win though, as it was typical Oscar bait

@  ShadowMan024 : (27 February 2017 - 12:19 AM)

This is just goddamn surreal.

@  ShadowMan024 : (27 February 2017 - 12:19 AM)

Holy shit. It had the second-most nominations of any movie, and La La Land just lost Best Picture.

@  ShadowMan024 : (27 February 2017 - 12:11 AM)

"Look where I've been, I make everything happen! Look at that mean Mini Maui just tikkity tappin'! Ha ha ha ha HA HA HA HEY!"

@  ShadowMan024 : (27 February 2017 - 12:10 AM)

Yeah, same. "You're Welcome" is honestly the best song in the movie.

@  TM2-Megatron : (27 February 2017 - 12:06 AM)

I liked the Moana song, though personally I enjoyed You're Welcome a little bit more because of the humor.

@  ShadowMan024 : (27 February 2017 - 12:04 AM)

Ah, well. As much as him not getting an Oscar hurts, Lin-Manuel has a shitload of awards already, so missing out on one isn't too bad. The guy managed to hit the jackpot with the Tonys for Hamilton and win a Grammy for it and get an Emmy... Somewhere. Don't know where he got the Emmy.

@  ShadowMan024 : (27 February 2017 - 12:02 AM)

@NVK: I realize that, but I still don't like that a terrible Zak Snyder film managed to even get an award.

@  ShadowMan024 : (27 February 2017 - 12:00 AM)

Look, I can understand The Force Awakens not getting a single award. Hell, I can even understand why Transformers lost to The Golden Compass.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (27 February 2017 - 12:00 AM)

But Moana and Suicide Squad weren't nominated for the same things.

@  ShadowMan024 : (26 February 2017 - 11:47 PM)

We officially live in a world where a film involving Zak Snyder is apparently more deserving of an award than Lin-Manuel Miranda.

@  TM2-Megatron : (26 February 2017 - 10:58 PM)

I was pretty shocked Star Trek Beyond lost out in Best Makeup to Suicide Squad. Killer Croc looked good, but Trek had a lot of good alien makeup

@  Maruten : (26 February 2017 - 10:36 PM)

I was surprised to see that everyone's so into La La Land. On paper it seems right up my alley, but I thought it was pretty... meh.

@  ▲ndrusi : (26 February 2017 - 09:38 PM)

I read that as EPCOT status

@  ShadowMan024 : (26 February 2017 - 09:26 PM)

I have a sinking feeling La La Land is going to win Best Song and keep Lin-Manuel Miranda from achieving EGOT status.

@  Echowarrior : (26 February 2017 - 07:12 PM)

Our Hydra is better than Marvel's Hydra. Just saying.

@  ShadowMan024 : (26 February 2017 - 07:05 PM)

ALL HAIL THE MAGIC CONCH!

@  TriBlurr : (26 February 2017 - 07:03 PM)

Hail Hydra!

@  ShadowMan024 : (26 February 2017 - 06:22 PM)

Don't we still have Hydra?

@  Verno : (26 February 2017 - 06:10 PM)

There was always the chance we had some Japanese members on the board.

@  Confuzor : (26 February 2017 - 06:01 PM)

I got my MP Primal pretty quickly, but I haven't sent the payment confirmation on my Cheetor yet

@  Paladin : (26 February 2017 - 05:32 PM)

he's been out what, 3 days? Most shipping methods aren't THAT fast...

@  Verno : (26 February 2017 - 04:52 PM)

Does anyone have MP Cheetor in hand yet?

@  Confuzor : (26 February 2017 - 03:11 PM)

Y'all need more Rocko's Modern Life

@  Noideaforaname : (26 February 2017 - 11:04 AM)

I remember watching Doug all the time as a kid, but I watch it now and I don't at all see the appeal. *shrug* On the plus side, it added the word "nematode" to my vocabulary.

@  Paladin : (26 February 2017 - 10:47 AM)

https://twitter.com/CBR/status/835877002192306176 ...game over, man. :(

@  unluckiness : (26 February 2017 - 09:25 AM)

better than the current ones at least

@  Rycochet : (26 February 2017 - 09:08 AM)

90s Nicktoons were awful.

@  LBD "Nyt... : (26 February 2017 - 08:16 AM)

Yeah, I'd get really pumped to watch it and the other Nicktoons.

@  lastmaximal : (26 February 2017 - 08:04 AM)

You digdug?

@  LBD "Nyt... : (26 February 2017 - 07:40 AM)

Hate watching stuff like that.

@  LBD "Nyt... : (26 February 2017 - 07:40 AM)

Also, I digged Doug. Mostly for the ancillary characters, though. Doug himself is one of those characters who gets into situations that make YOU feel embarrassd. Like Fred Savage on The Wonder Years.

@  LBD "Nyt... : (26 February 2017 - 07:39 AM)

@PlutoniumBoss *Pinwheel fistbump*

@  LBD "Nyt... : (26 February 2017 - 07:38 AM)

I remember Today's Special. The Toronto part was something of a revelation from my wife and her family when I came here.

@  ShadowMan024 : (26 February 2017 - 02:34 AM)

In hindsight, I'm pretty sure Miss Frizzle was a Time Lord.

@  ShadowMan024 : (26 February 2017 - 02:34 AM)

I got into science because of Magic School Bus.

@  TM2-Megatron : (25 February 2017 - 11:25 PM)

Anyone else remember Puttnam's Prairie Emporium? Not sure if it aired outside Canada

@  TM2-Megatron : (25 February 2017 - 11:21 PM)

Today's Special was a favourite of mine. Some of it was actually filmed at a department store here in Toronto

@  PlutoniumBoss : (25 February 2017 - 10:34 PM)

Eureka! and Start Here were awesome too.

@  The Doctor Who : (25 February 2017 - 09:59 PM)

I remember watching Newton's Apple on PBS. That's where I learned about thermal insulation layers and why things change temperature faster when you blow on them.

Photo
- - - - -

What's your Transformers franchise/series pitch?

115 replies to this topic

#21 Superomegaprime

Superomegaprime
  • Citizen
  • 567 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 28 September 2016 - 06:57 PM

Two ideas I had and explored in photo comics of mine:

1. The future, Autobots rule Cybertron, cons lost, mostly scattered and broken, but Shockwave being the genius he is, creates a time machine, the current leader of the cons sends one of his minons back in time to kill Orion Pax before he can become Optimus prime (merely a test for him) and alter the future, also Sentinal Prime is killed by Megatron once again, who throws him into a melting pool, Matrix and all! Autobots in this new timeline are on the run, to hunt them down, Shockwave of the present/past creates the Predacons. The Autobots spilt into two groups primary, one lead by Ultra Magnus, the other by Springer but things aren't going well for the Autobots while most of the Dcons are off conquering other worlds

2. A bunch of cons have gone back in time to kill Orion Pax, a single Autobot travels back to try and save him, while Galvatron attempts to take control of the Ultimate power, the power that can destroy or make reailty its self: the Nexus! History for that Autobot goes a stray in a bad way, while the flames of war are lit around the same time as Megatron rises.

I can't say much more because it spoils my photo comics actual storylines along with their twists!

Omega4.jpg

#22 Caboo

Caboo

Local Tentacle Maiden

• Supporter
  • 19483 posts
  • Faction::Dinobot

Posted 28 September 2016 - 07:11 PM

Transformers Deep Space Nine with teh gays and regular Musical Numbers

#23 Destron D-69

Destron D-69

SSJ4 Nappa

• Supporter
  • 48067 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 28 September 2016 - 07:13 PM

I'd watch that.

But Autobot Lyraflare and Decepticon Bonbontron are just friends Caboo 

You must have Signatures turned on

#24 Caboo

Caboo

Local Tentacle Maiden

• Supporter
  • 19483 posts
  • Faction::Dinobot

Posted 28 September 2016 - 07:14 PM

I'd watch that.

But Autobot Lyraflare and Decepticon Bonbontron are just friends Caboo 

just gals being pals

*vibrates intensely*

Edited by Cabooceratops, 28 September 2016 - 07:14 PM.

#25 Destron D-69

Destron D-69

SSJ4 Nappa

• Supporter
  • 48067 posts

Posted 28 September 2016 - 07:26 PM

2788645-0846519930-Sunbo.gif

#26 Year Zero

Year Zero

New dawn rises. Behold the Lord of flies.

• Supporter
  • 31141 posts

Posted 28 September 2016 - 07:33 PM

The Autobrand is watching you!

"Don’t you see? Violence doesn’t end violence. It extends it." - The Tenth Doctor

#27 Destron D-69

Destron D-69

SSJ4 Nappa

• Supporter
  • 48067 posts

Posted 28 September 2016 - 07:44 PM

and the con 1 too, its a gif 

#28 ShadowMan024

ShadowMan024

The Twentiest... Whatever that means.

• Citizen
  • 20391 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 28 September 2016 - 08:38 PM

Transformers made by the crew behind Voltron: Legendary Defender. *drops mic*

Transformers is a brand that really has something for everyone. We are a darn lucky fandom.

There are days when the wind doesn't feel like wind so much as it's a swarm of invisible wraiths shrieking and tearing and clawing at everything.

#29 Destron D-69

Destron D-69

SSJ4 Nappa

• Supporter
  • 48067 posts

Posted 28 September 2016 - 09:39 PM

I'd honestly love to see those writers and animaters tackle any of the female characters ever presented in the fiction... O_O oh my gosh, get them on Animated 2.0  Cybertonian Sari Sumdac with legend of Korra quality animation....

I am in love with that idea Shadowman 

#30 ▲ndrusi

▲ndrusi

Praise be to Stakeout.

• Supporter
  • 24108 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 28 September 2016 - 09:58 PM

Transformers Deep Space Nine with teh gays and regular Musical Numbers

By "Transformers Deep Space Nine" do you just mean a similar concept and setting or would Avery Brooks be involved?

QUOTE(orionpax44 @ Jun 24 2012, 01:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Childrens toys? whaa the boxes seriously say ages 5+ I consider myself the plus.
QUOTE(mx-01 archon @ Sep 9 2012, 01:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You're talking to ▲ndrusi. Assume everything that he posts is snark.

#31 LordGigaIce

LordGigaIce

(((Prime)))

• Apprentice Staff
  • 1113 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 28 September 2016 - 11:05 PM

I'd use the NetFlix Voltron show as an example of what I would want to do. Energetic anime-style art and direction done in the west, in a series that aims to give a tried and true franchise a bit of a face lift. I'd also point to Animated, as an example of the "fresh" tone I'd want to go for.

Setup. The War's more or less over. The Cybertronian Commonwealth (Cybertron and the colonies) have been overwhelmed by the Decepticons. Sentinel Prime leads the remnants of the Autobot military and civilians fleeing Decepticon tyranny on an exodus. Sentinel's flagship, the mighty Ark, holds the line as the various ships of the Autobot fleet jump away to a secret point in far space, where they should be safe from Decepticon expansion for the time being. Megatron, meanwhile, wants his fleet to eliminate as many Autobots as possible so he can finish this war once and for all.

Megs' flagship, the Nemesis, attacks the Ark directly. Megatron leads a boarding party onto the Ark, just as the last Autobot ship jumps away. Megatron and Sentinel fight one on one, and Megs beats the Autobot leader down. He would have finished him and claimed the Matrix, if not for Sentinel's protege, Orion Pax. Pax distracts Megatron long enough for Ironhide and Jetfire to lead a counterattack to drive the Decepticons off the Ark.

Nav systems are damaged, and they're unable to lock on to the secret jump point. They have to make a blind jump, or else the Decepticon fleet will annihilate them. Orion takes command as Sentinel begins to succumb to his wounds, and the Autobot flagship jumps, appearing behind the Earth's moon.

Ratchet tends to Sentinel, but the Prime isn't going to make it. He passes the Matrix to Orion, who insists he's not worthy. Sentinel merely tells him that fate rarely calls upon you on a moment of your choosing, and passes on to the AllSpark. Orion reluctantly accepts the Matrix, and becomes Optimus Prime.

Optimus now needs to settle what Autobots he has left aboard the Ark on Earth, and attempt to reconnect with the rest of the Autobot fleet (who are unaware of what's happened with the Ark and her crew). He needs to learn how to lead his scattered people in the darkest of times, as well as adapt to life on Earth.

The Decepticons, meanwhile, are scouring the galaxy for the Autobots. The Matrix Flame on Caminus expired and relit, so the 'Cons know that Sentinel is dead and that there's a new Prime. Megs wants him found and crushed before he can rally the Autobots. One of his scout teams, lead by Starscream, arrives on Earth and discovers the Autobots. The Autobots are able to destroy Starscream's team's communications relay, but they now have to content with a team of battle hardened Decepticons who now threaten their new refuge. 

Season one would focus on the fight against Starscream and his team. It would end with Starscream's plans to conquer Earth defeated, yet he's still able to send a single into deep space. Megs gets it, and he's coming to Earth with an army.

Season two would focus on Megatron bringing the war to Earth. Optimus and co. would have been building connections with the humans through season one, and now he needs to rally them to stand with his Autobots to defend the planet. Things look dire until the last few episodes, when Ultra Magnus, Springer, and Star Sabre arrive, bringing the rest of the Autobot fleet with them. Season ends with a huge battle above and on Earth that sees the 'Cons defeated.

Season three picks up with the Autobots about to return to the Cybertronian Commonwealth in victory. But then a new threat emerges. An old Prime, long thought dead, returns. Nova Prime and his right hand man Jhiaxus were thought lost millions upon millions of years back, when their exploratory expedition went missing. It was assumed they were dead, but in reality they were lost in the Dead Universe, an empty void parallel to the universe we know. There their forces slowly went mad, and Nova and Jhiaxus formed what they called the Cybertronian Empire. Now they've found a way to cross back into the living universe, and Nova is disgusted by what he sees. Decepticon malcontents and weakened Autobots collaborating with lesser lifeforms. Yes, Nova will reclaim the Cybertronian Commonwealth, but first he needs to deal with Earth. And this weak-minded Prime who calls himself Optimus.

The season will end with Nova's death and Optimus ushering in a new age of peace for both Cybertronians and humans.

Jhiaxus still got away though. He retreated with a portion of the Cybertronian Empire. Now he and Sideways plot in the shadow of a large, ringed, metallic planet. There's peace now, among Cybertronians and humans. But for how long? 

UkCs6TT.png

What a relief it would be to end this all, how easy to fly the white flag and give up. But would I run today, just to die another day? Give up now, and every fight has been in vain. Stand up and fight!

Basically a Podcast Network

#32 D Buster Prime

D Buster Prime

WTCHOP?!!!

• Retired Staff
  • 23220 posts

Posted 29 September 2016 - 05:01 AM

Transformers vs. Kaiju: Let them fight!

VOTE FOR SNAPDRAGON: GETTING KRUNK SINCE 1987!

card-snapdragon.jpg

#33 MidnightFox

MidnightFox

Lunar Rabbit

• Citizen
  • 809 posts

Posted 29 September 2016 - 07:35 AM

Transformers vs. Kaiju: Let them fight!

I found some early concept work for it!

102_1134_zpsb3ecd1ff.jpg

#34 Fear or Courage

Fear or Courage

Do I compel you?

• Citizen
  • 1486 posts

Posted 29 September 2016 - 08:41 AM

In all seriousness, an animated series and toyline called “Transformers: Lost Light,” based on MTMTE, aimed at the Avatar/Korra audience, if not outright done by their team. The core premise is still “Rodimus and his crew feel alienated in a postwar Cybertron, and so hop on their ship with half the Matrix to find the Knights of Cybertron.” Keep that, adapt some of the comic arcs, simplify the backstory a bit for a more casual audience.

To fill a season, mix in the comic’s story arcs with random encounters with Cybertronian colonies/cells of Decepticon resistance for the sake of Selling More Toys. Heck, the problem of there needing to be an Optimus in every line can easily be solved by having him appear in the premiere, during an adaptation of Rewind’s “Shadowplay” story, and during a loose adaptation of “Dark Cybertron” to close Season One. Or maybe to open Season Two so S1 can end with Tyrest? Either way, the second season would involve Megatron’s captaincy and end with his battle against the DJD.

#35 zephyrX9

zephyrX9
  • Citizen
  • 1139 posts
  • Location:London, a small village on Mars, just outside the capital city, Wbbl.

Posted 29 September 2016 - 01:37 PM

I have two different ideas.

My usual personal fanon is a series about various conflicts and battles in the Cybertronian Wars, with a general blend of continuities.

My "cartoon" idea is a series of episodes with a general outline on twitter: https://twitter.com/...833152267661312

In short, season one would be the EDC trying to cooperate with Autobots in their turf war against the Decepticons. But Simmons is conducting some shady stuff and the EDC is building an anti-Cybertronian weapon, accidentally discovered by Optimus. This comes to a head when  the weapon is activated, giving the Decepticons a huge advantage until the Torchbearers arrive. Prowl makes the tactical decision to kill Simmons, splitting Faireborne from the EDC. Her quest for Simmons' killer becomes her own subplot through out seasons 2 and 3. 

Season 2 is Torchbearers vs Combaticons, as Windblade and Nightbeat investigate various Cybertronian colonies "going dark". Optimus deals with the past Primes, and Megatron deals with an increasingly out of control set of troops, and their brutality. In the end, Nova Prime and Galvatron attack, Optimus raises a Titan, Megatron becomes an Autobot, the Combaticons are imprisoned, and the Mind Bomb is brought back.

Season 3 has Optimus return to Cybertron in the midst of a refugee crisis and a war. Prowl takes over the Earth Autobots with Megatron as his advisor. Faireborne teams up with the Decepticons, and reveals Prowl as Simmons' murderer, causing him to go on the run, and Megatron to assume command. Starscream, meanwhile, follows Galvatron on belief he plans to save Cybertron, while in actuality the tyrant plans to destroy it to turn it into a power source for himself. Towards the end, Red Alert is killed, and Galvatron tries to use altered copies of the Mind Bombs in a simple plan: kill EVERYTHING. In a last ditch effort, Faireborne links with the Titan to become Fortress Maximus, and Starscream and Prowl unite to head into orbit to deactivate the source of the Mind Bombs, at the cost of their own lives.

S1 Cast: Optimus, Prowl, Windblade, (Armada) Red Alert, and Bumblebee vs Megatron, (Armada) Starscream, Soundwave, Ravage, Sky-Byte, and Astrotrain vs Seymour Simmons and Marissa Faireborne.

S2 Cast: Optimus, Prowl, Red Alert, Windblade, Nightbeat, and the Torchbearers vs Megatron, Starscream, Soundwave, Ravage, the Combaticons, and Flatline vs Nova Prime, the Sweeps, and Galvatron vs Faireborne.

S3 Cast: Megatron, Red Alert, Windblade, Nightbeat, Fortress Maximus, and the Torchbearers vs Galvatron, Soundwave, Ravage, Starscream, Straxus, and Twirl vs Prowl.

Edited by zephyrX9, 29 September 2016 - 01:37 PM.

#36 Bass X0

Bass X0
  • Citizen
  • 42920 posts

Posted 30 September 2016 - 03:19 PM

Earth is at war in the future with the heroic Autobots and evil Decepticons fighting each other piloting non-sentient transforming mecha called Transformers. However, this time, the Autobots and Decepticons are human in origin, not Cybertronian. 

The Cybertronians are one faction, and are mostly at peace despite being made up of familiar Autobots and Decepticons from previous series. They cannot transform. When they travel to Earth though, they join either the heroic Autobots or the evil Decepticons (depending on their traditional faction from previous series) and learn how to transform.  They do not bond with a human pilot; they don't need to. 

Optimus Prime is a Cybertronian while Megatron is a Transformer. The human piloting the familiar Transformers would be that familiar character's traditional personality exactly. So if Starscream was a Transformer, its human pilot would have the typical Starscream personality. Likewise, despite originally being a peaceful Cybertronian, each familiar character from Cybertron would have their typical personality. 

Edited by Bass X0, 30 September 2016 - 03:21 PM.

Just because you can't win doesn't mean you stop working.

#37 Blot

Blot

Grumble grumble complain grouse.

• Citizen
  • 5793 posts

Posted 30 September 2016 - 03:49 PM

Transformers: Blot Wars.

#38 Zodberg

Zodberg

The doctor is in.

• Citizen
  • 14934 posts

Posted 01 October 2016 - 02:24 AM

my pitch:

A bunch of humans as Headmasters.

The twist?

They have personalities and charisma! Character! Nuance! One is silly, one is enthusiastic, one nerd? No nerds are big now, two nerds.

Ethnic diversity! Gender diversity! Hair style diversity! And they all have serious issues with their personal lives which cause them to act the way they do. One episode would have them just chat about different musicians they like. Unstated romantic tension.

They're on a journey (more like an odyssey) to do whatever and on the way they meet several different friends.

Basically Digimon, but when actually making the pitch it's going to sound more like Ben 10 since that series made money.

in transformer terms it takes elements of Masterforce and mixes them with Armada.

No adult supervision.

They would travel in a mobile garage like the Rescue-Bots carrier. The transtectors can either park inside of it, or attach to the outside to make the missile pop-out.

Woooo!

#39 ▲ndrusi

▲ndrusi

Praise be to Stakeout.

• Supporter
  • 24108 posts

Posted 01 October 2016 - 06:58 AM

They would travel in a mobile garage like the Rescue-Bots carrier. The transtectors can either park inside of it, or attach to the outside to make the missile pop-out.

Please tell me that's actually how it works in-universe and they constantly complain about why do their missiles work this way.

QUOTE(orionpax44 @ Jun 24 2012, 01:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Childrens toys? whaa the boxes seriously say ages 5+ I consider myself the plus.
QUOTE(mx-01 archon @ Sep 9 2012, 01:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You're talking to ▲ndrusi. Assume everything that he posts is snark.

#40 Verity Carlo

Verity Carlo

trash meme goddess

• Citizen
  • 19377 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 01 October 2016 - 01:30 PM

To most Cybertronians, the most scariest creatures to them are usually off world. But what lies beneath.....only a few have the questionable honor of knowing. Sure, there's Mutants, Demons, Trans-Organics, even the occasional Sparkeater-but they're what is allowed to leak to the surfaces. Eldritch entities, corpses with their inner energon dried out and sewn together shambling around, viruses that take over and mimic the CNA from inside a Cybertronian body until mutating the body beyond recognizance, and things which are impossible to describe. The faction's highest leaders have agreed to set aside differences for protection against these entities, keeping certain areas off limits from their troops, while inter-faction squadrons go in to take care of problems. They don't always come out, and those that do aren't always the same person they were before....or even alive at all.

(Imagine Men in Black or the SCP Foundation)

staring dog stares

doggie_zpsafvtedef.png

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users