Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Diecast : (26 April 2017 - 02:17 PM)

That was a quality read. Both sides of that thread's argument went pretty crazy.

@  Noideaforaname : (26 April 2017 - 02:11 PM)

"When Beast Wars made Optimus a monkey nobody complained" ~ someone desperate for a 'gotcha'

@  Diecast : (26 April 2017 - 02:05 PM)

I want to find the rock they've been under that there isn't constantly complaining about something.

@  Diecast : (26 April 2017 - 02:04 PM)

For the lack if a better word, it baffles me when someone starts a discussion somewhere that's like "Does anyone else not like the movies?"

@  TheMightyMol... : (26 April 2017 - 12:13 PM)

Careful, it might have something to say about that.

@  MEDdMI : (26 April 2017 - 12:13 PM)

I'm gonna have to check your opinion out real good to make sure.

@  TheMightyMol... : (26 April 2017 - 11:55 AM)

Oppinions are like assholes. Everyone has one, but mine is better so shut up.

@  ▲ndrusi : (26 April 2017 - 11:08 AM)

To clarify on point 1 since I was typing early in the morning again, "you must hate exactly what I hate" and "you msut like exactly what I like" aren't actually the same statement but they're the same thought process which is "my opinions are objective facts." If you see someone espousing one, they're probably thinking the other, too.

@  lastmaximal : (26 April 2017 - 10:57 AM)

... what.

@  Bass X0 : (26 April 2017 - 10:15 AM)

Andrusi, I imagine to some people online, there isn't that much of a world of difference, at least going by the venom they post; although not at RiD specifically.

@  unluckiness : (26 April 2017 - 08:55 AM)

The scale of liking and hating is an interval one so you can not like something but not hate it. Pretty sure there's apathy and dislike in between there at least.

@  wonko the sane? : (26 April 2017 - 08:07 AM)

And humans are perfectly capable of hating things in unison while being divided on liking.

@  ▲ndrusi : (26 April 2017 - 07:34 AM)

On the other hand, there's a world of difference between "I hate RID" and "I hate Nazis."

@  ▲ndrusi : (26 April 2017 - 07:27 AM)

On one hand, "hating what I hate" IS "liking what I like." One of those cultures can't be worse than the other because they're literally the same culture.

@  ▲ndrusi : (26 April 2017 - 07:26 AM)

I think that comparison is both an oversimplification AND a meaningless distinction.

@  wonko the sane? : (26 April 2017 - 07:16 AM)

That's the internet effect. Distance and anonimity make for easy and consequence-less extremism.

@  Bass X0 : (26 April 2017 - 06:58 AM)

I think the aggressive "How dare you not hate exactly what I hate" culture online is worse than the aggressive "How dare you not like exactly what I like" culture.

@  MEDdMI : (26 April 2017 - 06:19 AM)

And now that song/scene and its many many parodies are running through my head.

@  unluckiness : (26 April 2017 - 06:18 AM)

Patrick Swayze didnt!

@  MEDdMI : (26 April 2017 - 05:58 AM)

lol. As long as they knock first.

@  LBD "Nyt... : (26 April 2017 - 05:57 AM)

Or as ghosts. I guess ghosts would be acceptable.

@  LBD "Nyt... : (26 April 2017 - 05:57 AM)

For now, I'd just find some small comfort in knowing those who have passed actually are in some sort of better place.

@  LBD "Nyt... : (26 April 2017 - 05:56 AM)

I'd find comfort in knowing that one way or another, that suffering would eventually end and a new, potentially happier beginning awaits.

@  MEDdMI : (26 April 2017 - 05:54 AM)

@LBD At the same time, I can't imagine wanting to stay in even a happy afterlife when fleshies are still suffering.

@  2017 : (26 April 2017 - 05:49 AM)

Celebrating and welcoming death just gives them more ideological hoops to justify killing others. So yeah, no thanks.

@  LBD "Nyt... : (26 April 2017 - 05:48 AM)

The idea of death doesn't bother me so much as no longer existing.

@  MEDdMI : (26 April 2017 - 05:48 AM)

at the very least, my body will feed the grass which feeds the antelope which feeds the lio- ....wait

@  LBD "Nyt... : (26 April 2017 - 05:47 AM)

Yeah, that's kind of the thing.

@  MEDdMI : (26 April 2017 - 05:47 AM)

Some cultures celebrate/welcome death (of course, those also have some form of afterlife)

@  wonko the sane? : (26 April 2017 - 05:45 AM)

You shouldn't be. What with having absolutely no knowledge or control over it.

@  2017 : (26 April 2017 - 05:45 AM)

Death is scary, which is why we either spend our lives avoiding the subject or staying up late overthinking it.

@  LBD "Nyt... : (26 April 2017 - 05:44 AM)

"Never did want to live forever." I'm more bothered about what -- if anything -- is next.

@  2017 : (26 April 2017 - 05:44 AM)

Though I think the brain is a finite storage space so you'd probably start forgetting so much after some point it'd be like a new person transitioning in every few centuries. That'd be a good reason to keep a diary.

@  2017 : (26 April 2017 - 05:43 AM)

I think immortality is possible biologically in the future, or at least living for vastly longer spans of time. I'd personally be happy to live at least a few thousand years, but I'd aim for forever.

@  LBD "Nyt... : (26 April 2017 - 05:34 AM)

@MEDdMI Oh man, that bugs me all the time.

@  LBD "Nyt... : (26 April 2017 - 05:33 AM)

Well, yesterday was a depressing bout of thinking I was going to get TR Hot Rod and then not getting TR Hot Rod after all (among other things).

@  MEDdMI : (26 April 2017 - 05:31 AM)

Which is also something that bugs me about the "your dead loved ones are always watching you" concept. Do you mind? I'd like a little privacy, please!

@  MEDdMI : (26 April 2017 - 05:30 AM)

Even if it was possible, I can't help but think people would skip to the "good" parts, like sex.

@  MEDdMI : (26 April 2017 - 05:26 AM)

exactly.

@  unluckiness : (26 April 2017 - 05:21 AM)

Besides the fact that it's all silly sci-fi scenarios, you can't just experience a memory and feel what that person felt since you have your own set of perceptual biases by which to judge the event

@  unluckiness : (26 April 2017 - 05:19 AM)

We already have something like that. It's called history class.

@  MEDdMI : (26 April 2017 - 05:18 AM)

"But in my ancestor's memory, they stole our orange first!"

@  Nevermore : (26 April 2017 - 05:14 AM)

"Your great-great-great-great-grandfather stole my great-great-great-great-grandfather's apple! I will kill you for that!"

@  Nevermore : (26 April 2017 - 05:14 AM)

If we had all our ancestors' knowledge, too many people would just use that as a excuse to continue old grudges for generations.

@  MEDdMI : (26 April 2017 - 05:13 AM)

I remember the same event a bit differently than my parents do, some things I'm sure happened but they don't remember or vice versa, etc.

@  MEDdMI : (26 April 2017 - 05:12 AM)

the problem with knowledge and memories is that our brains interpret/fill in gaps so it may not be completely accurate. It wouldn't be much different from autobiographical books/movies.

@  LordGigaIce : (26 April 2017 - 03:37 AM)

yeah...this could just end up as a way for them to sell our grandkids Crystal Pepsi Max

@  TM2-Megatron : (26 April 2017 - 03:35 AM)

Well, maybe this facebook mind reading thing I've been hearing about is the first step to that.... though I have to admit I'd prefer if it weren't such an advertising and data-collection obsessed company working on it

@  LordGigaIce : (26 April 2017 - 03:25 AM)

i'm legitimately hoping for the day when that happens, my snark aside, TM2-Megatron. Imagine what could be accomplished if future generations had first hand knowledge of the thoughts and contexts of the events that shaped their ancestors', and their own, world?

@  TM2-Megatron : (26 April 2017 - 03:24 AM)

Even if it's just a way to download knowledge and memories without consciousness from a brain, I think that would go a long way towards easing people's minds.

Photo
- - - - -

What's your Transformers franchise/series pitch?

117 replies to this topic

#1 Jalaguy

Jalaguy

won't hold Six Shot upside-down.

• Staff
  • 6964 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 21 July 2015 - 11:51 AM

Since there some discussion of this nature in the "character alterations" thread, I thought I'd start something dedicated. Basically, what's your pitch for the scenario/setting/backstory of a new Transformers cartoon/comic/other story?

I'll start things off with the one that's been knocking around my head for ages.

----

So, the Decepticons command a huge empire that started on Cybertron, and then took control of both pre-existing colonies like Paradron and Velocitron, and organic planets like Nebulos. Optimus is a young labourer on Orion, a small colony moon that has been turned into a manufacturing plant under imperial rule, and his older friend Ironhide is always telling him stories of the time before the empire came to their world. One day, Optimus winds up a wanted 'bot after fighting some imperial guards who beat another worker for a clumsy mistake, and him and Ironhide steal a ship and flee the moon.

As they hop from world to world, they wind up going from fleeing to actively acting against the empire, and are joined by like-minded individuals such as Cheetor from Eukaris, Nautica from Caminus, etc. Optimus decides to name their band of rebels the 'Autobots', after an ancient group of Transformers who protected the weak. For the first few "episodes" they're chased by enforcers from Orion (perhaps Cyclonus and Demolishor), but eventually the Decepticon High Council (composed of guys like Straxus, Gigatron, maybe a UT Galvatron...) sits up and takes notice, and dispatches one of their six-'bot Spec Ops squads to pursue them. This squad is lead by competent and charismatic rising star Megatron, and his second-in-command Slipstream. The strict, by-the-book Slipstream isn't popular with Starscream, her old partner from the academy, who was a mid-ranking air force officer before a treasonous attempt to increase his standing landed him with an execution sentence that he was only saved from when Megatron requisitioned him for the team.

The two small teams clash across different planets, etcetera, etcetera.

Edited by Jalaguy, 29 June 2016 - 10:21 AM.

card-steeljaw.jpg

#2 lastmaximal

lastmaximal

Cyber Key Power...linx!

• Citizen
  • 11904 posts
  • Faction::Minicon

Posted 21 July 2015 - 11:57 AM

"Autobots wage their battle to destroy the evil forces of the Decepticons."

IN SPACE

(I really like the one you came up with though!)

Edited by lastmaximal, 21 July 2015 - 11:57 AM.

SO OKAY IT'S AVERAGE
Virtually every custom as good as the title suggests!
SoOkayItsAverage.2.gif

#3 Msol

Msol

Grade killer.

• Supporter
  • 3187 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 12:21 PM

Transformers: Pretenders!

Optimus Prime-Al is a truck that turns into a robot that hides in a gorilla shell. 

And so on!

#4 Broadside

Broadside

Aw yeah!

• Citizen
  • 6765 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 21 July 2015 - 12:44 PM

I have a few, though most of them are more like AU concepts than series ideas. The biggest setting reinterpretation is one that I've been working on for a while, that I tossed my plot idea for out for being kind of bad. The basic idea, though, was that it would take place after the Great War had cooled, a hundred centuries after Megatron went missing; but it would be discovered that he was imprisoned on (where else?) Earth, leading to a race between a low-ranked Autobot patrol ship crew and some of the Decepticons' most fearsome warriors.

Autobot crew would be Elita One (field leader, delivery truck); Arcee (sniper, motorcycle); Jazz (SiC, sports car); Wheeljack (engineer, towtruck); Strongarm (heavy warrior, crane-truck); and Red Alert (medic, ambulance).

The Decepticons I have less well defined, but would include Shockwave, Soundwave, Skullgrin (the only member of the Decepticons to have an earth mode, since she's part of a Pretender squadron), Shrapnel (to provide insecticlone mooks that the Autobots can kill without the moral questions raised by mass Vehicon murder), and Starscream (who would be released to help fight the Autobots from his imprisonment, supposedly prior to his execution for attempting to kill Megatron shortly before he went missing). And yes, it is a coincidence that all their names begin with S.

Over the course of the show at least one of the Autobots would die, Megatron would be found and rejoin the Decepticons, Cybertron would be visited, members of Autobot Command such as Optimus, Bumblebee and Prowl would appear and, eventually, Elita would become Elita Prime after the death of Optimus. Also, at least one member of the Thirteen would appear (Vector), and Elita would obtain some of his artifacts (his Skyboom shield and one of the Blades of Time) to use as Elita Prime. (She'd have time-stopping powers, G1 style! Just without the using-it-kills-her thing.)

...That was significantly more than I intended to say about this.

card-rewind.jpg

#5 Vexwing

Vexwing

You are being deceived

• Citizen
  • 2416 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 21 July 2015 - 01:16 PM

I've always wanted a Transformers series sort of in the vein of Outlaw Star, Cowboy Bebop, or Firefly. Basically a small group of Cybertronians who left the war and are on a ship, taking on bounties and other odd jobs. The focus would really be on how these mechanical beings are scraping out an existence in a galaxy that's largely populated by organic beings. Whereas in the G1 cartoon mechanical life was pretty prevalent, I'd want it presented as something rather aberrant, and they'd face a lot of prejudice from species who would barely accept them as a life form at all. 

Thanks to Roberts we finally have a series that has a bit of overlap with this concept, but the Lost Light's dealings with organic races have been fairly minimal so far.

Ambus_Sig_Vexwing_Under40.jpg
I'm on Twitter for some reason! Hell if I know why.
@vexwing
www.flickr.com/vexwing

#6 Axaday

Axaday
  • Supporter
  • 33680 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 01:30 PM

So, the Decepticons command a huge empire that started on Cybertron, and then took control of both pre-existing colonies like Paradron and Velocitron, and organic planets like Nebulos. Optimus is a young labourer on Orion, a small colony moon that has been turned into a manufacturing plant under imperial rule, and his older friend Ironhide is always telling him stories of the time before the empire came to their world. One day, Optimus winds up a wanted 'bot after fighting some imperial guards who beat another worker for a clumsy mistake, and him and Ironhide steal a ship and fleeing the moon.

Moses Skywalker

I'd like a Diaclone series. The Autobots and Decepticons have left Earth and haven't been heard from since the 80s. Then the Waruders attack and humans build mecha to fight them resembling Transformers.

#7 Cybersnark

Cybersnark

Sorry I'm late. Had to get my powersuit.

• Citizen
  • 9818 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 21 July 2015 - 02:17 PM

CONCEPT:
A real-robot style Transformers series, set on Earth, with an arc-based structure (NO scavenger hunts!), significant human involvement both as allies and enemies, and mythos references celebrating the 35-ish year history of the brand.

These Transformers are machines, not magic aliens. Their origins can be explained in terms of AI and robotics --covered with a patina of mythologized legend (the Thirteen weren't gods, but prototypes). Transformers can sustain massive damage, and have their spark cores pulled and either held in stasis or installed into (unarmed and fragile) "vehicon" bodies (for questioning or parole). Repairs, maintenance, and fuel are regular concerns, just like human medecine, hygiene, and nutrition.

PILOT:
A young bot (Breakout) finishes Autobot training, and laments to his fellow graduates that he's missed out on the War --he wanted to serve with Optimus Prime, liberating worlds from the Decepticons and exploring the galaxy, but now the war's over, Cybertron is at peace, and Rodimus Prime is no Optimus.

His complaining is overheard by the Academy headmaster, Elita-1, who offers him placement on a special mission detail.

Weeks into his "punishment detail" (monitoring Cybertron's orbital space for unauthorized traffic), he detects a ship launching from the wastes near Kaon and departing along a red-flagged transwarp vector. Rather than simply logging it (as he should), he conscripts some of his cohorts to take a shuttle and investigate.

Their path ends up leading them to a tiny Decepticon battlefleet --too small to threaten Cybertron. The fleet tries to silence them before they can report back, leading to a dramatic space battle (the shuttle has no weapons, so our heroes have to resort to Gundam-style melee fighting).

During the battle, Sideways gets aboard the shuttle and reveals that he's an Autobot Security Agent working with Elita-1. He helps them escape, programming a random warp-jump that carries them away from Cybertron --to coordinates that are security-blocked, on the Senate's orders.

They end up crash-landing on an organic planet, where they are eventually surrounded by human soldiers, armed with weaponry that can disable even Transformers. They're preparing to make their last stand when the humans' leader rolls up --Optimus Prime!

SEASON ONE:
The Autobot/Decepticon war is over --officially. A new Senate has taken charge of Cybertron, empowered a new Prime, and ushered in an age of reconstruction and isolationism.

Only a few know the truth: the Decepticons are still out there somewhere, and though Cybertron may be beyond their reach, more primitive worlds are not. Optimus Prime and a crew of volunteers (including many G1 veterans) have spread out to at-risk planets, establishing local beacheads with whatever resources and personnel they can get (including local natives and even a few turncoat Decepticons).

At the moment, the situation on Earth is stable; Prime's Autobots (supported by NEST and Blackrock Industries) are in control, and scattered Decepticon refugees are being slowly hunted down. Starscream is at large, but in hiding, and Optimus doesn't feel the need to single him out (he knows Starscream won't do anything to endanger large numbers of humans, and he's more interested in preserving lives than seeking vengeance).

Some among Prime's crew are unhappy with this, and think he should be doing more to find and scrap as many 'cons as possible.

Also, NEST and Blackrock (for whom Spike Witwicky works as his right hand) have confirmed that someone is leaking classified tech and data to third parties on Earth --something called "MECH."

Sideways' news upsets the status-quo; that Decepticon fleet is headed for Earth, and Galvatron intends to turn Earth into his new Cybertron --and his agents are already here.

Meanwhile, Scourge has arrived on Earth, and begun pulling the Decepticons together into an organized fighting force --which gains Starscream's attention and leads to him finding out about Galvatron's approach.

Starscream reaches out to Optimus (using Alexis as his go-between [and the existence of an openly Decepticon-allied human causes major freak-outs around Autobase]), offering a deal. Starscream doesn't want Galvatron on Earth any more than the Autobots do.

Around now, we'd get a flashback two-parter, as Optimus briefs Breakout (and the audience) on modified versions of G1 (part 1) and A/E/C (Part 2).

Meanwhile, Alexis reviews her contract with Starscream (he'll help her become leader of a United Earth, and she'll grant amnesty to any Decepticons who want a fresh beginning --which means that Starscream and his allies are now Earth's Guardians).

A number of Autobots go rogue and start staging highly-destructive attacks on areas of suspected Decepticon activity. Optimus tries to put his foot down, and several Autobots cut ties --becoming Renegades. Breakout is caught between his loyalty to Optimus and his instilled hatred for Decepticons.

MECH appears, as a human organization sponsored by Scourge. Sophie Beller is revealed as a mole within Blackrock Industries, and gets "killed" by Alexis (Soundwave recovers her offscreen and begins turning her into a cyborg). G.B. Blackrock passes away (of natural causes), willing his company to Spike Witwicky (to his shock).

Eventually, Optimus re-establishes contact with his agent on Cybertron: Elita-1. She confirms that she's been keeping an eye on Breakout as a potential recruit, and that she's been trying to place an agent in Galvatron's circle --but has no idea who this "Sideways" is. . .

#8 tec

tec

Make fun of my spelling again

• Supporter
  • 25414 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 21 July 2015 - 02:19 PM

School Scramble!

Three female pretenders trying to fit in at a Japanese High School

Ok ok I kid

Honestly Im tired of series after series where the TF "hide" on earth lets change up this concept a bit and try something different have them out in the open and just have us deal with it

Wait. Wait, wait, wait. Are you telling me that tec has a job? I thought his sole reasons for existence are cheesecake and horrible grammar.-Shadowman024

TRY1SIG1_zpseutucm1m.jpg

#9 Broadside

Broadside

Aw yeah!

• Citizen
  • 6765 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 02:23 PM

Honestly Im tired of series after series where the TF "hide" on earth lets change up this concept a bit and try something different have them out in the open and just have us deal with it

So... Transformers Animated, then?

card-rewind.jpg

#10 Fortress Ironhold

Fortress Ironhold

Blasphemer

• Citizen
  • 19459 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 03:33 PM

This is an idea I had a few months back for a live-action series to support the movie-verse. 

10 years ago, S7 sent agent Jamison Newman into Kerbomya (Carbomya) to locate a suspected Cybertronian artifact. Escorting him was intelligence operative Adrian Brinkerhoff and a trio of military commandos. However, Newman blew their cover, endangering his escort and their local assets. Upon failing to locate the artifact, the agent left the others to their deaths so that he could save his own skin. Instead, Adrian - who was originally believed to have been mortally wounded while trying to provide cover fire for the others - reappeared at a critical moment at the helm of an F-19 fighter plane, which he used to strafe the Kerbomya military into submission after establishing air dominance. Making matters more bizarre is that once his new, mysterious high-impact flight suit was removed for an examination, he showed no signs of having been injured at all. 

For the next few years, Adrian and his "magic" F-19 traveled the globe pulling off miracle after miracle. However, Adrian had no stomach for politics, and so once Cemetery Wind took over he was shoved to the side as an outdated relic. Instead of being the hero, he was sent on increasingly trivial missions just to get him out of the way. His final mission involved a trip to Borovia, where he was tasked with assessing the current state of their MiG-37B fleet. Rather than get the data and leave, however, he came upon a female pilot known as Natalya Nureyev. At the time, Natalya was suicidal: not only was the government treating her as a pin-up girl instead of a loyal soldier, her flight commander Kristoff Breshniv was threatening to ground her permanently if she didn't marry him. Adrian instead offered her a third option, that of defecting to the West along with her beloved plane. Things didn't go smoothly, however, as Natalya couldn't resist leaving a final note telling off her flight commander. This set in motion a series of events that saw most of the Borovian air force and several Russian planes destroyed as Adrian and Natalya fled to friendly territory (the USS Galileo, a small aircraft carrier disguised as a cargo ship). The incident was the final excuse needed to force Adrian out of service, albeit with a large sum of "hush" money and no questions asked about the disposition of his F-19. 

Adrian ultimately used the hush money to return to his native Central Texas, at which point he became a partner in a major financial venture. With his future established, he married Natalya and the pair seemingly settled down into domestic bliss. This bliss is interrupted, however, when the one-time S7 agent and a young federal agent come knocking on their door. It turns out that the S7 agent got hitched his star to Cemetery Wind, and with the group having fallen from grace after AoE his career is now going down in flames. He wants Adrian to help him finish the job in Kerbomya, the idea being that if he can find the artifact it'll save his career. 

What Newman isn't telling anyone is that he's worked out a deal with a Decepticon named Take-Off: if Newman gives Take-Off the artifact, Take-Off will give him a massive amount of gold Newman can use to disappear. 

What Adrian never told anyone is that the F-19 is the artifact. The device is a "transtector", a symbiote that allows the person in possession to become a Cybertronian (essentially a reverse of the Pretenders in "Masterforce"). 

Given the massive power that Adrian - AKA "Skyfall" - now possesses, he and Natalya are put in charge of a task force meant to hunt down any and all other transtector devices before Take-Off and his allies can track them down. 

Edited by Fortress Ironhold, 22 July 2015 - 09:37 PM.

Lexicon: still up and running!

"At my last intern briefing, Craig was clearly tired. His message had changed to, "Stay out of trouble, period." It seemed that, as director of security, Livingstone was growing old fast. If he didn't watch out, he'd become one of us - a 'Mormon' or a 'straight,' which is what Clinton staffers called FBI agents, the Secret Service, and former Bush employees."

Aldrich, Gary. Unlimited Access Washington D.C.: Regency, 1996. Pg 38

Please visit my Half.com store

Deviant Art page

#11 Broadside

Broadside

Aw yeah!

• Citizen
  • 6765 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 03:41 PM

I don't really think we need any references of any kind to Carbombya, ever. At all.

card-rewind.jpg

#12 Fero McPigletron

Fero McPigletron

Not a Maverick! Maybe.

• Citizen
  • 5889 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 21 July 2015 - 07:11 PM

Transformers in a Toy Story type of way where they have destructive battles but hiding from humans is the most important thing. There's nobody bigger than an appliance (no fridges though or cars) and nobody is disguised as a toy. Everybody is a household item type.

Your room could be filled with hidden Transformers, paused in mid battle cuz you took a nap. Woe betide you if your game console was fatally injured in a fight. Your missing keys are gone cuz they're a combiner on a stealth mission. Hitting your alarm clock means he malfunctions later on. The blender is one the fritz cuz he shredded what used to be a spy coffee mug.

The Autobots sometimes help the humans in small ways (being a more efficient vacuum cleaner) and Decepticons are sometimes inconvenient (disappearing when you need your cell charger) but both are in agreement never to reveal themselves. The Decepticons want to murder all the Autobots while the Autobots are focused on surviving and trying to escape the planet.

Both factions keep their chosen altmodes secret from each other. Meeting another Transformer is tricky. Reveal yourself to the wrong faction and you might be a mangled calculator, done in by a revolver.

It's a Minicon, Real Gear war. Dramatically serious to the robots involved but almost ridiculous if humans see it, which they never will.

#13 Shenanigans

Shenanigans

Cynic-in-residence

• Supporter
  • 5987 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 22 July 2015 - 02:05 PM

The war on Cybertron has reached a stalemate and an uneasy ceasefire has prevailed for many cycles. Then, one day, a mysterious race lands on the planet, hailing from a planet called Earth, they are THE HUMANS! Actually two empires in a future space Cold War, their arrival changes the balance of power and soon a new technorganic arms race between Autobots and Decepticons commences, leading to Headmasters, Targetmasters, Powermasters and Beast Wars/Machines style mergers of technology and organic life.

card-soundwave.jpg 

Shenanigans

Nonsense; mischief; often, a treacherous or deceitful trick.

#14 Exatron

Exatron
  • Citizen
  • 1143 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 22 July 2015 - 05:43 PM

What I would love to see is essentially G1 movie/S3 redux. I'd want it to focus on Hot Rod and actually do him justice. Here's how I picture it:

The show would start on Cybertron. Optimus, Megatron, & co. have been missing for ages, off battling on Earth unknown to any of the characters. Ultra Magnus has handed off leadership of the Wreckers to either Springer or Kup so he can fill in for Optimus leading all Autobots. Things are getting desperate as Cybertron's energy supply problems are well past the critical point.

Hot Rod is a bit of a young punk who has been making his own way without having joined either side. The premiere would be where he finally ends up getting pulled into the war. His natural talent and skill would lead to Kup taking him under his wing as a member of the Wreckers, who would be mostly made up of the bots added in the movie and would be the main cast. Season 1 would be the usual world building, character stories, etc., with the overarching plot revolving around an unexplained resurgence of the Decepticons. The source of this resurgence would be revealed in the season finale when the team infiltrates Decepticon HQ: Megatron, freshly back from Earth with sufficient energy to power the Decepticons indefinitely. Naturally, they'd be discovered, leading to the team attempting to engage Megatron.

We'd quickly discover that this Megatron is terrifyingly powerful, with the hopelessly outmatched bots easily being defeated. Season 2 would start off with Optimus Prime also returning to Cybertron and enabling the bots to escape. Hot Rod, who had been skeptical of the legends of Optimus Prime, would finally get to see firsthand how truly great he is. This season would see the war truly erupt, with both sides re-energized and engaging on both Cybertron and Earth. Optimus would be central to a couple major character arcs. One would be with Magnus, who loves him as a brother, yet strongly resents his seeming abandonment of the planet. Meanwhile, Hot Rod would eventually get over his initial awe and idolization of Optimus to grow frustrated with his methods of running the war, with the Autobots never managing to make any significant headway.

By the end of the season, it would be clear that Optimus is essentially delaying the inevitable. The Decepticons have the upper hand, and it's only a matter of time until they win. Optimus has managed to force a stalemate more often than not and eke out victories here and there, but Megatron himself has never been defeated. Eventually, Hot Rod would take it upon himself to try to turn things around, but would compromise the Autobots in the process. His mistake allows the Decepticons to finally launch an all-out assault. The Decepticons utterly crush the Autobots and win the war. Megatron personally kills Optimus. He takes the Matrix, which powers him up into Galvatron. As season 2 ends, Hot Rod is on his own, the remaining Autobots are prisoners, and the previously-unstoppable Megatron is now even more powerful than ever.

Season 3 would basically be Hot Rod's redemption. He starts out small, rescuing his teammates one by one, and working to regain their trust. Eventually they would rescue Ultra Magnus, but find him a bitter shell of a bot. Moreso than any of the other Autobots, Magnus blames and hates Hot Rod for not only losing the war, but especially for getting Optimus killed. Despite Magnus's detachment and self-destructive attitude, the bots continue to take small steps forward. Eventually, matters come to a head, with Hot Rod again venturing off on his own, eventually confronting Galvatron. While obviously overpowered, he manages to at least crack his armor a bit, maybe using nearby heavy weaponry or something along those lines. As Galvatron is about to crush Hot Rod (with his bare hands!), Hot Rod manages to shove his arm blasters through those cracks in his armor and fire, essentially blowing Galvatron's chest open from the inside out. The Matrix goes flying. Recovering it, Hot Rod becomes Rodimus Prime. He's then forced to flee when Decepticon reinforcements arrive.

Season 4 would be all about Rodimus Prime taking over the war. While he'll have now won over most of the Autobots, Magnus's hatred only gets cranked up to 11 at seeing the Matrix choose Hot Rod. Rodimus quickly finds himself in over his head. Attempting to carry on as he had been doesn't get the Autobots anywhere. So he tries and fails miserably to emulate Optimus. Eventually, through both Matrix visions and his own trial and error, he comes to realize that he isn't Optimus and shouldn't be trying to be. Meanwhile, Galvatron is no longer the bot he once was. His arrogance in his post-Matrix power, newfound sense of fear following his first defeat, and complete disregard for his troops in light of those changes destabilize the Decepticons.

Ultimately, Rodimus convinces Magnus to grudgingly help lead a two-pronged attack. While Rodimus engages Galvatron, Magnus leads an all-out attack aimed more at breaking the Decepticons' spirit rather than a traditional tactical victory. He succeeds, with most of the Decepticons agreeing to abandon the war. The combined Autobot and Decepticon forces then intervene in time to save Rodimus and defeat Galvatron. A new age launches with all Cybertronians, Autobot and Decepticon alike, united as one society.

#15 Fortress Ironhold

Fortress Ironhold

Blasphemer

• Citizen
  • 19459 posts

Posted 28 September 2016 - 04:56 PM

A few months back in the "Transformers Dreams" thread, I posted a dream I had about a Post-Great War Cybertron in which the Autobots and pardoned Decepticons were trying to adapt, only for Scorponok to threaten war anew after being convicted of fraud. 

A bit back I came up with a whole slew of Spychanger design concepts for something else I was doing, only to realize that they rather roughly match some of the characters in my dream. It only took a little bit of tinkering around to make things fit. 

Premise:

The Great War is over. Megatron has been captured and imprisoned, while several other top Decepticons have either sought clemency, been killed, or have gone into hiding. Peace has come to Cybertron and the other planets caught up in the fighting. 

...But it does not last. Scorponok, one of the Decepticons to have been given clemency, finds himself on trial for a number of crimes, including fraud and being a slum lord. The evidence against him is overwhelming, and so he is quickly convicted. Because this conviction will mean that his clemency is overturned, he can now be tried for his crimes during the war. Realizing that this will likely mean life imprisonment or even execution if the full details come out, he instead reactivates his weapons systems and fights his way out of the court building. He successfully links back up with a trio of Decepticon resistance cells, and they spring Megatron on their way off-planet. The motley group now marauds planet after planet, stealing resources and striking at targets of opportunity. Optimus, for obvious reasons, wants the group stopped once and for all, and so has enlisted Fortress Maximus and a large contingent of volunteers for the job. 

Autobots:

Optimus Prime -> Airport Fire Tender. If RiD 2001 Prime was George Lazenby, then this one is Pierce Brosnan. 

Ghost Striker -> F-117A Stealth Fighter. He not just a Wrecker; he's the star of the show. 

Blaster -> Scion XB. Essentially the G1 character. 

Slipshod -> Hummer H2. He'll get the job done, even if it's by the skin of his metaphorical teeth. 

Dragonfly -> F-19 "slick" concept. It's easy to forget that the pyrotechnics display you're watching is his most recent target. 

Sky Knight -> G. I. Joe Conquest. Takes the whole "knights of the air" bit rather seriously.

Raizor -> KA-50 Hokum. Ghost Striker's drinking buddy. 

Trailhead -> Snow Plow. Essentially G1 Trailbreaker with a new name. 

Hoist -> Semi Tow Truck. Essentially the G1 character.

Moonshot -> Space Shuttle. Essentially Go-Bots Spay-C. 

Vector -> F-14. Imagine if Chuck Norris could fly. 

X-Radar -> Transportpanzer Fuchs. He's the halfway point between your company's tech support guy and Carlos Hathcock. 

Seaspray -> LCAC. Essentially the G1 character.

Freezerburn -> AAVP7A1 Amphibious Transport. Honey badgers don't care, and neither does he. 

Ironhide -> F-150. Essentially the G1 character.

Overdrive -> Lamborghini Diablo. The G1 character, but with a hint of X-Brawn. 

Camshaft -> Formula 1 race car. The G1 character, but with a hint of RiD 2001 Prowl. 

Downshift -> Dodge Viper. The G1 character, but with a hint of RiD 2001 Sideburn. The kid appeal character of the team. 

Jazz -> Porsche 911 Turbo. Optimus' head of intelligence. 

Roadburner -> Pro Stock racer. The halfway point between G1 Road Rage and Cybertron Override

Prowl -> Ford Crown Victoria Police Model. Essentially the G1 character. The head of Optimus' security element. 

Hound -> Generic military jeep. Optimus' forward scout. 

Decepticons:

Megatron -> Cargo lorry. Doesn't need help running any blockades. 

Nitro Viper -> Micro Machines BX-21 Vindicator. It's not the kill with him; it's the overkill. 

Soundwave -> Halftrack. Essentially the G1 character. 

Paywall -> Aurora spy plane. Soundwave decides what Megatron needs to see; she decides what the Decepticon legions don't need to see... unless they can meet her price. 

Starscream -> F-15. More closely resembles the Prime version. 

Slipstream -> Micro Machines X3 Raider. Yang to Starscream's Yin. 

Boombomber -> Artillery track. "Able to blow things up" defines his entire skill set. 

Greejeeber -> Gaz Tiger. Essentially Go-Bots Jeeper Creeper. 

Rage -> Supercar. Essentially the G1 character.

Hydradread -> NASCAR race car. Essentially the G1 character

Aquablast -> Porsche Le Mans. Essentially the G1 character

Drench -> Sports Coupe. Essentially the G1 character.

Lexicon: still up and running!

"At my last intern briefing, Craig was clearly tired. His message had changed to, "Stay out of trouble, period." It seemed that, as director of security, Livingstone was growing old fast. If he didn't watch out, he'd become one of us - a 'Mormon' or a 'straight,' which is what Clinton staffers called FBI agents, the Secret Service, and former Bush employees."

Aldrich, Gary. Unlimited Access Washington D.C.: Regency, 1996. Pg 38

Please visit my Half.com store

Deviant Art page

#16 Year Zero

Year Zero

New dawn rises. Behold the Lord of flies.

• Supporter
  • 31141 posts

Posted 28 September 2016 - 06:27 PM

Optimus Prime is a young, idealistic, up-and-coming Archivist.

Megatron is a rough-and-tumble athlete who shows promise as a warrior.

Watch, as these two Cybertronians become unlikely roommates at Iacon Academy, and wackiness ensues.

"Don’t you see? Violence doesn’t end violence. It extends it." - The Tenth Doctor

#17 D.M

D.M
  • Citizen
  • 2571 posts

Posted 28 September 2016 - 06:29 PM

Megatron becomes an Autobot and then Optimus Prime loses his mind and becomes the new leader of the Decepticons. He seeks the ancient Decepticon Matrix in order to become the ultimate Decepticon. Will he find it before raging Bumblebee kills everyone?

#18 Year Zero

Year Zero

New dawn rises. Behold the Lord of flies.

• Supporter
  • 31141 posts

Posted 28 September 2016 - 06:32 PM

Megatron becomes an Autobot and then Optimus Prime loses his mind and becomes the new leader of the Decepticons. He seeks the ancient Decepticon Matrix in order to become the ultimate Decepticon. Will he find it before raging Bumblebee Murderbee kills everyone?

Fix'd ;)

"Don’t you see? Violence doesn’t end violence. It extends it." - The Tenth Doctor

#19 Destron D-69

Destron D-69

Princess of Hugging

• Supporter
  • 49945 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 28 September 2016 - 06:42 PM

I'd basically pitch them season 4 of Prime that takes place after Rid 

You must have Signatures turned on

#20 Broadside

Broadside

Aw yeah!

• Citizen
  • 6765 posts

Posted 28 September 2016 - 06:49 PM

A Transformers version of Batman: The Brave and the Bold.
With musical numbers.

card-rewind.jpg

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users