Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  TM2-Megatron : (17 June 2019 - 10:29 PM)

There needs to be some streaming service that caters to connoisseurs of schlock. Otherwise, a huge part of our cultural history will be wiped away. While many of these films are available on blu-ray, with more coming out each month, it's good they're also available for the streaming crowd.

@  TM2-Megatron : (17 June 2019 - 10:18 PM)

Corman did make an impressive number of barbarian films back in the day. If impressive is the word

@  Steevy Maximus : (17 June 2019 - 08:11 PM)

I mean, where else are you going to see the entire Roger Corman barbarian fantasy library (legally) for free?

@  Steevy Maximus : (17 June 2019 - 08:09 PM)

Oh Tubi TV, you are a haven for terrible films. Netflix, Hulu and Crackle all push for mainstream appeal and prestige, you got the guts to have ready access to dregs even the SyFy channel wouldn't air

@  ▲ndrusi : (17 June 2019 - 01:33 PM)

Also you have Bayonetta and a bunch of Fire Emblem people.

@  ▲ndrusi : (17 June 2019 - 01:33 PM)

...I mean, Tales character. Probably up to/for it.

@  TheMightyMol... : (17 June 2019 - 01:26 PM)

But what if I need to kill a god? Or several of them?

@  ▲ndrusi : (17 June 2019 - 11:25 AM)

Kratos is allowed, but only the one from Tales of Symphonia

@  TheMightyMol... : (17 June 2019 - 10:56 AM)

So no Kratos?

@  ▲ndrusi : (17 June 2019 - 10:42 AM)

In any case I'd rather have another Fire Emblem character than another character from a PlayStation exclusive game who teeeeeechnically was in a spinoff.

@  ▲ndrusi : (17 June 2019 - 10:39 AM)

Kong had his name on the games first, but Mario was the protagonist first. It's debatable.

@  Rycochet : (17 June 2019 - 10:33 AM)

Wouldn't Mario be the one spun off from the Donkey Kong franchise, given that Kong was first?

@  Pennpenn : (17 June 2019 - 05:19 AM)

I would count Wario and Yoshi, but not DK (might be because I wasn't even aware DK was spun off from the Mario franchise until I was in my mid-20s, but whatever)

@  unluckiness : (17 June 2019 - 04:13 AM)

But to be fair, Corrin is the only one I particularly dislike and it's really more boredom due to their blandness as characters

@  unluckiness : (17 June 2019 - 04:09 AM)

It would depend on whether or not you count DK, Wario and Yoshi as part of the Mario franchise or separate. Scratch that, there are more Mario characters even with just the mushroom symbol people but it's a close call.

@  Pennpenn : (17 June 2019 - 02:55 AM)

You'd figure Fire Emblem would have enough characters in Smash. Kinda feels like there's more FE characters than Mario characters.

@  unluckiness : (16 June 2019 - 01:20 AM)

And for hug's sake, I hope that the new Fire Emblem's PC isn't one of the DLC

@  Sean Whitmore : (15 June 2019 - 04:11 PM)

Smash Bros could never touch a new franchise again, and I'd still have laundry lists of side characters and villains I'd love to see included.

@  unluckiness : (15 June 2019 - 09:36 AM)

DINNER

@  SG Roadbuster : (15 June 2019 - 09:36 AM)

cuz i wanna fight a boat

@  SG Roadbuster : (15 June 2019 - 09:35 AM)

if we must have another zelda character, id want the king of red lion

@  MEDdMI : (14 June 2019 - 10:38 PM)

I would unironically love Tingle in Smash.

@  Paladin : (14 June 2019 - 02:06 PM)

they HAVE to put Travis Touchdown in at some point now, right???

@  TheMightyMol... : (14 June 2019 - 01:24 PM)

Right after Shaq.

@  Locoman : (14 June 2019 - 12:36 PM)

When will we get Bluster Kong in Smash?

@  unluckiness : (14 June 2019 - 08:20 AM)

The last three DLC characters are Tingle, Charles Barkley and L Tetris block with Reverse L Tetris block as an Echo fighter.

@  MEDdMI : (14 June 2019 - 08:09 AM)

Pipe dream Smash entry: The Prince from the Katamari series. :D

@  MEDdMI : (14 June 2019 - 06:35 AM)

The space/time around them gets frozen too! ....or something.

@  unluckiness : (14 June 2019 - 06:01 AM)

I still want to find out how freezing people suspends them in midair

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (14 June 2019 - 02:45 AM)

We really need Subzero or Scorpion in Smash. Violence aside, they are pretty big gaming icons as well.

@  Steevy Maximus : (13 June 2019 - 08:18 PM)

Given Nintendo's relationship with Tecmo, I'm still waiting for Ryu Hyabusa

@  TheMightyMol... : (13 June 2019 - 07:19 PM)

I'm still waiting for Doomguy.

@  Steevy Maximus : (13 June 2019 - 06:47 PM)

I just started watching High School DxD (don't judge me...) and I caught on the Nintendo Treehouse some request Rias for Smash lol

@  ▲ndrusi : (13 June 2019 - 11:25 AM)

I have having to watch a video to find out why someone wanted me to watch the video

@  Nevermore : (11 June 2019 - 04:58 PM)

I remember when the TPB for The Dark Age 2 was delayed for an entire year...

@  Trpodeca : (11 June 2019 - 03:55 AM)

I just wish they'd release the Astro City paperback trades.

@  Nevermore : (10 June 2019 - 05:31 AM)

As an open-minded heterosexual, I wouldn't mind seeing more of that.

@  Nevermore : (10 June 2019 - 05:29 AM)

Currently in the process of re-reading Kurt Busiek's Astro City. Big props for the issue featuring the "Dancing Master" and its portrayal of non-stereotypical gay characters.

@  TM2-Megatron : (10 June 2019 - 05:25 AM)

Don't phone charges often contain special rapid charge circuitry, though? The voltage might be higher too, given the selfie stick probably has a very basic battery.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (09 June 2019 - 11:28 PM)

Glad to be of assistance!

@  Telly : (09 June 2019 - 10:32 PM)

*checks selfie stick and phone charger* huh. perfect fit. thanks!

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (09 June 2019 - 09:58 PM)

I would use the USB-to-AC adapter that came with my iPhone, though I gather you must have a different brand of cell phone.

@  TM2-Megatron : (09 June 2019 - 05:42 PM)

In that case a generic adapter is probably your best bet, then. Keep in mind a lot of hotels now have plain USB outlets in rooms too, though; but I guess that's not guaranteed

@  Telly : (09 June 2019 - 05:31 PM)

yeah, i just need something small to plug into the wall. im not sure im taking my laptop on my trip later this year and i want a way to charge my stuff

@  TM2-Megatron : (09 June 2019 - 05:04 PM)

They also have wall outlets with built-in USB in addition to the two regular plugs; I installed those around my place so I have USB ports everywhere

@  TM2-Megatron : (09 June 2019 - 05:02 PM)

You might be able to get a generic adapter to use with it at Radio Shack if you know the appropriate voltages or whatever

@  TM2-Megatron : (09 June 2019 - 05:01 PM)

It came with a USB cable with no AC adapter? A lot of lower priced electronics do that, presumably assuming that USB is pretty ubiquitous

@  TM2-Megatron : (09 June 2019 - 05:00 PM)

Yeah, must be, I guess.

@  Telly : (09 June 2019 - 04:59 PM)

maybe having bluetooth has something to do with it?

@  Telly : (09 June 2019 - 04:58 PM)

the one i got has an on/off button, and came with a usb to attach to my laptop to charge it. its this one https://www.walmart....ility/432985497

Photo

DC Animated Movies General Discussion - Justice League vs. the Fatal Five launches March 30

143 replies to this topic

#101 AgentOrange

AgentOrange
  • Citizen
  • 1171 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 06 April 2018 - 12:11 PM

So we're getting an actual version and not the lame truncated version they did a few years back?

No. You're getting a longer version that's shit in an entirely different way than the previous one.
LOOKDOWN.png

#102 Daith

Daith

My Nyah brings all the girls to the yard

• Supporter
  • 8962 posts

Posted 07 April 2018 - 09:01 PM

Yes but its in their New 52/ JL War style and setting. Feels a bit odd having the new style bend backwards to doing the original story and not their version of Doomsday. Cant say I blame them. My understanding of New 52 Doomsday was it was pretty dumb.

Edit: didnt see AgentOranges post on this page yet. But I like to be a bit more glass half full and say that they are going to feature Doomsday beating his way through the league before the final fight with Supes.

Edited by Daith, 07 April 2018 - 09:09 PM.

#103 TM2-Megatron

TM2-Megatron
  • Supporter
  • 10596 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 07 April 2018 - 10:37 PM

I'm hoping this new adaptation is more like the novelization 'The Death and Life of Superman'. The old Superman: Doomsday animated movie was terrible, and nothing like I expected after reading that book.

#104 GodSentinelOmega

GodSentinelOmega

The New Year brings New Powers!

• Staff
  • 12879 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 08 April 2018 - 10:38 AM

The mid 90s radio dramatisation of the whole event was awesome too.

Im guessing based on some of clips that youre guess will be right and Doomsday will pummell his way through the heroes, until the final fight.

It is definitely weird to have this in full on New 52 style, yet so faithful to the classic story. Aesthetically, im just not a big fan of the dark, muted colours the leaguers have. Supes just looks dark. Also, didnt these New 52 DCAU movies carry over the comic books idea of Supes and Wondie in a relationship? Because they clearly arent here and im nore than ok with that.

Vlark amd Lois is where Supes should always be.

I wonder how theyll with Supes waning power in the movie. Since in the original it was very clearly set up the Supes body was a solar battery and only had so much inbuilt energy. Doomsdays beats him til his powers literally run dry.

Edited by GodSentinelOmega, 08 April 2018 - 10:43 AM.

fslookup.jpg

#105 GodSentinelOmega

GodSentinelOmega

• Staff
  • 12879 posts

Posted 07 August 2018 - 12:44 PM

Picked up The Death of Superman DC animated film and about to watch it. I hope its good.

Part 2 will be called Reign of the Supermen, somi'm hopeful.

fslookup.jpg

#106 TM2-Megatron

TM2-Megatron
  • Supporter
  • 10596 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 07 August 2018 - 05:16 PM

I picked up the 4K version, myself. No Best Buys near me had it, but Walmart did. Really looking forward to checking it out.

#107 GodSentinelOmega

GodSentinelOmega

• Staff
  • 12879 posts

Posted 07 August 2018 - 05:29 PM

What i've watched so far is pretty good.

I do wish they'd just pretended Supes and Wondy never dated. Since this is part of their New 52 style animated movies, they have to bring it ip by saying they ended it at some point.

fslookup.jpg

#108 Fero McPigletron

Fero McPigletron

Not a Maverick! Maybe.

• Citizen
  • 8269 posts

Posted 15 August 2018 - 04:56 PM

Watched it. At the first part, I was wondering when they'll get to Doomsday. Of course when he came, it was a long fight. They could have spent longer time with Aquaman and Cyborg getting beaten up, haha.

Btw, I know Doomsday can adapt to threats but I don't recall him having his bones grow in the first fight. I know for sure the heat vision wasn't there yet.

FWXOT0z.gif

TOY DRAMA THEATER!

1 minute of (minimal) lights, (steady) camera and...  ACTION FIGURES! (mostly Transformers) - Episode 031: Combiners and chest envy 

Episodes here

#109 Ironbite

Ironbite

I might be a touch....angry

• Supporter
  • 27634 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 16 August 2018 - 06:53 AM

Yeah they're going for the "instant adaptation" part from the comics a bit too literally.  I mean, in the comics, it took death to actually get Doomsday to evolve so....that was odd.

Ironbite-good fight though.

xC9l3eY.gif

#110 Exatron

Exatron

Kaiser Dragon

• Citizen
  • 1629 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 28 August 2018 - 04:16 PM

I'm finally caught up with all the animated movies from the last few years. Hard to find time to watch movies anymore without the kids around or my wife using the good TV.

This was the story that got me really reading comics. I'd had a few random issues before then, but when a friend loaned me the Death of Superman TPB, it was the first time I'd really read an extended comic book story arc. That then got me to find my LCS and subscribe just in time for Adventures 500.

Have to say, I really enjoyed this adaptation. I thought they did a really good job of taking the story from the comics, including setting up the relevant characters for both this story itself and its sequel, and making it mesh well with the universe they've set up through the past several movies. Had a lot of good action too. I think my biggest complaint is that the older Superman: Doomsday movie had a better climax to the fight, but that's more praising with faint damnation than anything else.

Really looking forward to the next movie.  :)

#111 Sean Whitmore

Sean Whitmore
  • Citizen
  • 7926 posts

Posted 13 September 2018 - 08:50 PM

Reign of the Supermen was the story that got me into collecting Superman regularly, after years of cherry-picking random issues from the spinner rack whenever it looked like there was a good fight scene. So I'm looking forward to the next one. Can't wait to see the non-sucky version of Superboy finally get animated, and I also really like Steel, Cyborg Superman, and Eradicator. (I like Eradicator's concept so much I don't even mind when they graft it onto Brainiac)

I must say, this every-other-movie-or-so animated continuity they've put together is pretty fun. It's no JLU or Young Justice, but it's still pretty good. There's definitely been growth since their inauspicious beginnings with "War" (a faithful adaptation of a terrible comic) and "Son of Batman" (where my main point of contention was how sucky they made Deathstroke).

PSN: SeanWhitmore

Switch: SW-7452-6932-0513

3DS: 0490-6399-8582

I did a new video thing:
https://www.allspark.com/forums/topic/159447-whos-the-right-arm/

#112 Daith

Daith

My Nyah brings all the girls to the yard

• Supporter
  • 8962 posts

Posted 13 September 2018 - 10:52 PM

You realize the version of Superboy in Young Justice was still based on the Reign of the Superman version, just adjusting past his awkward 90s phase.

#113 AgentOrange

AgentOrange
  • Citizen
  • 1171 posts

Posted 13 September 2018 - 10:56 PM

You realize the version of Superboy in Young Justice was still based on the Reign of the Superman version, just adjusting past his awkward 90s phase.

No, he was based on the idea Geoff John's thought would be cool when he was a fan writing letters to comics and then decided to canonize and run roughshod over all previous development. It's a different version without canonically being a different character but still a different version. And a sucky one.
LOOKDOWN.png

#114 Fero McPigletron

Fero McPigletron

Not a Maverick! Maybe.

• Citizen
  • 8269 posts

Posted 13 September 2018 - 11:50 PM

I liked Kesel's original 90's hip Superboy. His origin was revised slightly by Geoff to make it more iconic (genetic material wise).

FWXOT0z.gif

TOY DRAMA THEATER!

1 minute of (minimal) lights, (steady) camera and...  ACTION FIGURES! (mostly Transformers) - Episode 031: Combiners and chest envy 

Episodes here

#115 Sean Whitmore

Sean Whitmore
  • Citizen
  • 7926 posts

Posted 14 September 2018 - 12:11 AM

No, he was based on the idea Geoff John's thought would be cool when he was a fan writing letters to comics and then decided to canonize and run roughshod over all previous development. It's a different version without canonically being a different character but still a different version. And a sucky one.

Exactamundo.

By "non-sucky version of Superboy", I don't mean in comparison to young Clark, I mean in comparison to Kon after Johns got a hold of him.

PSN: SeanWhitmore

Switch: SW-7452-6932-0513

3DS: 0490-6399-8582

I did a new video thing:
https://www.allspark.com/forums/topic/159447-whos-the-right-arm/

#116 Paladin

Paladin

Have Zord, Will Travel

• Citizen
  • 11812 posts

Posted 08 January 2019 - 07:31 AM

"Justice League VS The Fatal Five" is next on the docket.

and DC got the band back together.

Longtime Batman voice actor Kevin Conroy reprises his role as the Dark Knight. Susan Eisenberg once again voices Wonder Woman, while George Newbern rounds out the Justice League as Superman. https://www.hollywoo...ast-set-1173352

Stuff for sale; every little bit helps. :) https://www.allspark.com/forums/topic/143212-for-sale-3p-mp-potp-super-sentai-stuff TWITTER: Paladin4221

#117 Ironbite

Ironbite

I might be a touch....angry

• Supporter
  • 27634 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 08 January 2019 - 03:23 PM

Eh.

Ironbite-while I did grow up with that era I think it's time we moved on from them.

xC9l3eY.gif

#118 lastmaximal

lastmaximal

Cyber Key Power...linx!

• Staff
  • 14043 posts
  • Faction::Minicon

Posted 16 January 2019 - 01:16 PM

I'm hoping this new adaptation is more like the novelization 'The Death and Life of Superman'. The old Superman: Doomsday animated movie was terrible, and nothing like I expected after reading that book.

Man, I remember that book. Loved every bit of it as a kid. Super thick novel feel, cool embossed cover, my first real exposure to the whole storyline since at that age I wasn't allowed any actual comics (the prevailing stigma of the time and parenting being what they were).

SO OKAY IT'S AVERAGE
Virtually every custom as good as the title suggests!
SoOkayItsAverage.2.gif

#119 Fero McPigletron

Fero McPigletron

Not a Maverick! Maybe.

• Citizen
  • 8269 posts

Posted 26 January 2019 - 09:52 PM

Reign was ok.

My biggest whiny nitpicks were:

A) where's Aquaman?
B) why is Superboy using heat vision?! Where's his Tactile Telekinesis?

Luthor was great though. And Eradicator was shortchanged at the end.

FWXOT0z.gif

TOY DRAMA THEATER!

Episodes here

#120 tec

tec

Put a little spring in your step

• Supporter
  • 30424 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 27 January 2019 - 12:44 AM

Saw the death of Superman

The novel is still my preferred version

Visit my store! Vintage toys (SW/ST/TFs Collectables)

www.vintagenerdvana.com

Wait. Wait, wait, wait. Are you telling me that tec has a job? I thought his sole reasons for existence are cheesecake and horrible grammar.-Shadowman024

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users