Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  RichardT1977 : (21 October 2017 - 12:07 PM)

You know that Patton Oswalt knew he'd made it as an entertainer when people stopped asking him whether he was Pat or Oswald and where was the other one.

@  Shrug : (21 October 2017 - 10:20 AM)

He does lots of voice work, but it was young Oswalt in my dream, so I guess it was the King of Queens edition.

@  Bass X0 : (21 October 2017 - 09:56 AM)

I only know about Patton Oswalt from Transformers.

@  Shrug : (21 October 2017 - 09:11 AM)

We won because Ellen kept going up the other teams and telling them to not worry about their hair looking silly in their helmets.

@  Shrug : (21 October 2017 - 09:10 AM)

I had a dream I was in a team kick scooter competition and the 3 people on my team were Ellen DeGeneres, Patton Oswalt, and my third grade bus driver.

@  WorkbenchManiac : (20 October 2017 - 07:26 PM)

If you are looking to recoup some of the costs, I mean

@  WorkbenchManiac : (20 October 2017 - 07:26 PM)

If it works, I might be willing to take it off your hands. I've been meaning to get one for customs and such.

@  Nevermore : (20 October 2017 - 12:34 PM)

If that thing works, I can use it for potential future cases like this as well.

@  Nevermore : (20 October 2017 - 12:33 PM)

Ordered a watchmaker pin remover from Amazon.

@  Nevermore : (20 October 2017 - 12:33 PM)

No, bought the set at a convention.

@  Robowang : (20 October 2017 - 08:14 AM)

That's never good. Buy it from a place that will replace it?

@  Nevermore : (20 October 2017 - 04:57 AM)

Gaaaah, Hasbro. My Transformers Tribute Optimus Prime (from the two-pack with Orion Pack) has a misassembled part that has another part connected to it via a metal pin...

@  Robowang : (19 October 2017 - 05:22 PM)

I just know they have the same ID number in the computer as deluxes, so the search feature on the website is useless.

@  Robowang : (19 October 2017 - 05:21 PM)

No idea on price.

@  Shrug : (19 October 2017 - 05:14 PM)

Oh thanks. I just assumed it was a special item. Does that mean it'll be the $18ish the normal Deluxes are or can Walgreens price them separately?

@  Robowang : (19 October 2017 - 05:11 PM)

Before you go hunting at Walgreens, know that the Clone two-pack number is identical to the regular deluxe number. An in-stock listing for the clones likely just means they have deluxes in stock.

@  Vexwing : (19 October 2017 - 04:49 PM)

I had met him at BotCon 2014, he was a vendor there. He was part of the group I hung out with at the day at Universal. Really fun guy, it's sad he's gone.

@  Vexwing : (19 October 2017 - 04:46 PM)

I'm not sure if anyone here knew James Conan Gouig, but he passed away. Suicide, sadly.

@  Locoman : (19 October 2017 - 03:49 PM)

TR Triggerhappy's shoulders are terrifying.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (19 October 2017 - 03:18 PM)

Don't you hate when you join a Facebook group only to find that the moderator is a fool?

@  TheMightyMol... : (19 October 2017 - 03:04 PM)

CRAAAAAAAWLING IIIIIN MY BRAAAAAAAAINS

@  Paladin : (19 October 2017 - 08:34 AM)

must've been out of Kandrona.

@  Shrug : (19 October 2017 - 07:09 AM)

Least it wasn't a weird scratchy noise IN YOUR BRAIN.  Or was it.  Maybe you found it after it crawled out?

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (19 October 2017 - 02:47 AM)

Mine starved

@  Waspinator : (19 October 2017 - 02:16 AM)

Watch out for brain slugs

@  Pennpenn : (19 October 2017 - 01:34 AM)

Got replacements, so yeah. Main thing is, if you hear a weird scratchy noise in your headphones it might not be static..

@  PlutoniumBoss : (19 October 2017 - 01:28 AM)

Nuke the headphones from orbit, it's the only way to be sure.

@  Pennpenn : (18 October 2017 - 09:04 PM)

It's interesting how life gives you a good thing and then a bad thing. Like, just got my tax return and it was quite robust, and then I found an INCH LONG EARWIG IN MY HEADPHONES. AHHHHH-

@  BlackMax : (18 October 2017 - 05:50 PM)

I'm not completely sure what I missed but I think I love it.

@  TheMightyMol... : (18 October 2017 - 04:20 PM)

The S is for Sucks!

@  Waspinator : (18 October 2017 - 03:49 PM)

And the thatch-roofed cottagggggggggggges!

@  TheMightyMol... : (18 October 2017 - 03:30 PM)

BURN! BURN TO THE GRBURN! BURN TO THBURN! BURN TO THE GROUND!

@  Waspinator : (18 October 2017 - 03:06 PM)

Infinity Big Bang Storm! Burn in the everlasting hellfire of creation! Be utterly annihilated, down to the very last scrap of D N A!

@  Shrug : (18 October 2017 - 02:57 PM)

YES, MY QUEEN!

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (18 October 2017 - 02:37 PM)

BUUUUURN! FOR THE ROYALTY!

@  TheMightyMol... : (18 October 2017 - 02:25 PM)

BUUUUUUUUUUUURN, BABY BURN! DISCO INFERNO!

@  Agamus : (18 October 2017 - 01:55 PM)

LETS BERNNNN RRRRUBBER!!!!

@  Arazyr : (18 October 2017 - 01:12 PM)

No, thanks. I'll leave that to his wife. :p

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (18 October 2017 - 01:08 PM)

FEEL THE BERNNNNNN!!!!!

@  Nevermore : (18 October 2017 - 11:52 AM)

BERNIEEEEEEEE...

@  Shrug : (18 October 2017 - 10:47 AM)

I'm not saying they're the same. They're clearly not. But members of both parties do receive large sums of money from telecom companies. When it comes to net neutrality, the issue isn't solely bipartisan so much as it's Old Politicians that don't understand technology.  Republicans do seem intent on making it worse intentionally though.

@  Paladin : (18 October 2017 - 10:40 AM)

anyone who still says "they're both the same!" after the past 10 months is WILLFULLY ignorant.

@  unluckiness : (18 October 2017 - 10:22 AM)

I'm not American. Should I do something about it or just ignore it.

@  Shrug : (18 October 2017 - 08:48 AM)

I doubt we'd have a chance with Hillary either. Didn't she get like 100k from Comcast? Both parties are pretty dang corrupt. If only Bernie...

@  2017 : (17 October 2017 - 05:56 PM)

It scared me!

@  Kalidor : (17 October 2017 - 05:42 PM)

Yes - here is more information - https://www.battleforthenet.com/

@  Darth Gonzo : (17 October 2017 - 05:36 PM)

Hello?

@  Evac : (17 October 2017 - 04:39 PM)

Yeah, it's the Allspark.

@  wonko the sane? : (17 October 2017 - 04:35 PM)

Okay, so it is the allspark doing it, and not some piece of malware I need to run a system scan over, that's basically all I wanted to know.

@  Evac : (17 October 2017 - 04:34 PM)

If, say, Hillary or Bernie was president, we'd have a chance, but with the current administration... We're pretty much hugged.

Photo

DC Animated 2016- starting with Batman: THE KILLING JOKE

91 replies to this topic

#41 Tien85

Tien85

Viva la X-Warlock!

• Citizen
  • 3163 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 04:36 PM

I already got the iTunes version of this. I plan on watching it tonight. It was my most anticipated comic movie of the year. Killing Joke has been one story I've been dying for them to do. I was planning on getting the HD iTunes version plus whatever BluRay release they did...like...please oh please oh please have a Blu Ray with figurine and mini-comic pack-in.

http://www.bestbuy.c...p?skuId=5259400

In memory of Joelle Lawson: 1986-2004 A great friend to all. Rest in peace my friend.
In memory of Roscoe Brown: a loving grandfather who always tried to give his best for his family.

#42 Caldwin

Caldwin

Standing up to Ursa Minors since foalhood

• Supporter
  • 20424 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 26 July 2016 - 04:47 PM

I already got the iTunes version of this. I plan on watching it tonight. It was my most anticipated comic movie of the year. Killing Joke has been one story I've been dying for them to do. I was planning on getting the HD iTunes version plus whatever BluRay release they did...like...please oh please oh please have a Blu Ray with figurine and mini-comic pack-in.

Thanks, but no. I just finished watching it. I will not be buying it again and I seriously doubt I'll even watch it again.

The prologue was every bit as horrid as I feared. I was hoping that once it got to the part where the actual graphic novel started it would get better. But by that point the prologue just really colored everything that came afterword and it just...bleh! Yeah, bleh...even worse than meh.

As short as the story itself was anyway, and as much as they had to pad it out with 30 minutes of "dear sweet merciful heavens why," the parts that actually from the graphic novel just seemed rushed. The animation was...well...I suppose it was decent. But for something that so many people have been waiting so long for, "decent" just doesn't seem good enough. I know they can do better. I've seen them do better. But this just seemed...bleh!

Honestly: Kevin Conroy, Mark Hamill and Tara Strong. How does this get so hugged up?
How about we start with your complete and total surrender?

#43 Shadewing

Shadewing

Evil faces a Black Night

• Supporter
  • 33699 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 26 July 2016 - 04:47 PM

...knowing DC, I half expected the statue to also be of Bruce and Barbara having sex... 

3DS Friend Code: 0387-9040-3532

Twitch Channel

Youtube Replays

VOTE for what I play on 8/30!

Friday: Sonic Generations - Sunday: Transformers WFC - Tuesday: Little Inferno

#44 Caldwin

Caldwin

• Supporter
  • 20424 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 05:08 PM

And they just wouldn't let it go either. It wasn't just a "well that scenes over, let's just forget that ever happened." No! They kept on talking and talking about it to the point of "it didn't mean anything. Please let's just get things back the way they were before it ever happened." Like...seriously...not even joking. That conversation actually took place! And guess who's the one with the tail between the legs begging to be taken back!

Pathetic. They just...wouldn't...stop!

I hope they're happy. Right now I'm just hoping I can still read the comic without it bringing back the bad taste I get from having watched this crap!

#45 GodSentinelOmega

GodSentinelOmega

Vampire Knight-Mite! Bloodsucking in a Cape!

• Citizen
  • 9380 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 08:02 PM

I just can't understand how that kind of plot point was even considered. I mean just, why? It adds nothing. It has no purpose, other than to be an ugly, icky shock tactic. And as Caldwin said, they keep beating you over the head with it.

After the bad press they got over a COVER referencing the Killing Joke, and Jokers implied abuse of Babs. How could any sane person even rationlise throwing the 'relationship' on top of that.

When Rocksteady referenced the shooting scene from KJ in Arkham Knight, they toned it DOWN by having the Joker shoot Babs in the back and take a few pictures. Admittedly, they for some reason paired Babs with Tim, which is stupid too. Just not to this level.

Yet yhe makers of this thought random sex between Babs and Bruce was a 'fascinating angle' to take the story. What. The. Hell!

fslookup.jpg

#46 Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus

Snarky Siegie

• Citizen
  • 3645 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 26 July 2016 - 08:08 PM

Well, in addition to Killing Joke, we do have the nifty Justice League Dark feature coming in a few months.  That looked nifty, even if they are still pushing that pseudo "shared universe" deal on a bunch of their animated features.  And at SDCC, it was announced that The Judas Contract was back on (presumably, a sequel to JL vs TT, given the teaser at the end of that), and we're getting a Bruce Timm original story in Batman and Harley Quinn.

#47 AgentOrange

AgentOrange
  • Citizen
  • 836 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 26 July 2016 - 08:26 PM

Are people really bitching about Babs hugging Bruce and not the hookers they added in to make it extra clear that Joker raped her after shooting her because a subtle implication wasn't enough?  

LOOKDOWN.png

#48 Caldwin

Caldwin

• Supporter
  • 20424 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 08:39 PM

Yeah, not too thrilled about that part either. Really, the whole thing was just pretty crap. It just irks me that as long as people have been waiting for this, this is what they did with it.

#49 Dusty

Dusty
  • Citizen
  • 5850 posts

Posted 27 July 2016 - 12:34 AM

Are people really bitching about Babs hugging Bruce and not the hookers they added in to make it extra clear that Joker raped her after shooting her because a subtle implication wasn't enough?  

I forgot about the swear filter and was really confused by this sentence for a second.

#50 Glenn

Glenn

Sitting next to me may result in Smart-ass poisoning

• Supporter
  • 8272 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 02 August 2016 - 12:14 PM

It wasn't terrible, but the aforementioned sexcapade made the beginning painful and groan worthy.

#51 Fero McPigletron

Fero McPigletron

Not a Maverick! Maybe.

• Citizen
  • 6365 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 02 August 2016 - 12:31 PM

Haven't seen it but, eh, sex with Batman can't be that bad, haha.

photo_zpsa2a20628.gifDJPon3Handopt100_zps7b9d25eb.gif

Toy Drama Theater - 1 minute episodes of Transformers (and others) having drama in their lives

https://www.youtube....CateRo5nEbdkDhF

#52 Darth_Prime

Darth_Prime
  • Citizen
  • 7021 posts
  • Faction::Dinobot

Posted 03 August 2016 - 06:04 PM

So I am on my 2nd time watching this.  Picked up the blu ray today.  I think in future times watching Ill treat it like I do Attack Of The Clones....Ill just skip the first part.  So Ill skip the first 30 minutes or so and just watch where the book starts.  Other than the Batgirl opening, I think its a pretty good adaptation.  I haven't read a lot of Batman books over the years other than some graphic novels, and really nothing really dealing with Batgirl.  I took that scene with her and Batman as more creepy.  She's what, 21 ish at this point?  He's in his 40's and a father figure to her. gross.  

Id still like to see Dark Victory and The Long Halloween turned into an animated films.  The rape stuff....I honestly hadn't even thought of it while watching it until I read this.  But Ive been doing homework while its been playing so I guess I wasn't paying that close of attention.  But, I don't mind it.  It shows how demented Joker is and the lengths he was willing to go to turn Gordon crazy and continue to infuriate Batman.  Would I prefer the directors to just do a page for page adaptation....sure.  Give us the material as it was written.  But I can deal with it.  

#53 Rust

Rust

Slightly Off

• Supporter
  • 41975 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 04 August 2016 - 08:20 PM

Bruce Timm needs to stop trying to shoehorn in his Barbara/Bruce ship in everything he does.

Numbers 24:17

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. Plato

#54 GodSentinelOmega

GodSentinelOmega

Vampire Knight-Mite! Bloodsucking in a Cape!

• Citizen
  • 9380 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 10:27 AM

Makes you wonder whether the 'age difference makes it ugly and WRONG!' even registers for him.

fslookup.jpg

#55 StarSaber

StarSaber
  • Citizen
  • 2783 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 11:50 AM

If they're consenting adults, I can't really say the age differential makes it "wrong".

Some men and women like older partners. A lot of men and women like younger ones.

-SS (to each their own.)

#56 Evac

Evac

2mimik4yu

• Citizen
  • 23775 posts

Posted 06 August 2016 - 01:30 PM

Meh, if I want Hamill Joker, I'll still go back to this:

Also, they added hookers? Really? What, did they ask Frank Miller to help write the script?

Edited by ShadowMan024, 06 August 2016 - 01:31 PM.

#57 Dave Zero1

Dave Zero1
  • Citizen
  • 1983 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 22 August 2016 - 08:02 PM

I actually liked the 30min prologue, it was a pretty decent Batgirl movie when all is said & done, I saw it as they made a mistake... a BIG BIG mistake, and then having to deal with the consequences of that mistake, ultimately realizing that the genie can never go back into the bottle. It made them very human, very relateable.

However it really had no place in the story of the Killing Joke, that I always saw was about a twisted co-dependant relationship between two enemies. After buliding up Babs for so long, she suddenly becomes an afterthought in the rest of the movie making for a strange tone.

So I saw it as getting a good Batgirl Short movie, along with a "as good as we're probably gonna get" Adaptation of TKJ.

#58 HellCat

HellCat

Opinionated idiot

• Citizen
  • 25258 posts

Posted 28 August 2016 - 12:54 AM

I just don't get why Timm is so insistent. Barbara having a crush on Bruce I can get but his constant need to make them lovers...ew. It's like his defining Zack Synder moment he enforces on DC projects.

#59 Robowang

Robowang

Nard Extractor

• Supporter
  • 3255 posts
  • Faction::Vehicon

Posted 29 August 2016 - 12:28 PM

Haven't seen it but, eh, sex with Batman can't be that bad, haha.

Please let this scene be in full costume the entire time. 

NEEDS: Beast Wars II DRILLNUTS 

Beast Wars II Scissorboy

Beast Wars Returns Strika

Beast Machines Tank Drone

Beast Machines Motorcycle Drone

Robowang's eBay Store - lots of TFs

My feedback

#60 Shadewing

Shadewing

Evil faces a Black Night

• Supporter
  • 33699 posts