Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  tigerhawk : (17 June 2021 - 11:59 PM)

'save the cheerleader' then in season 3 he tears her skull open, scans her power and she simply heals. They didn't think any of it through.

@  Shockwave 75 : (17 June 2021 - 07:04 PM)

Well, you know Hollywood; if something's popular, run it into the ground!

@  Cybersnark : (17 June 2021 - 04:40 PM)

And then there was the Writers' Strike, which isn't the show's fault.

@  Cybersnark : (17 June 2021 - 04:40 PM)

Yeah, Sylar should've been, if not killed off, at least left to rest.

@  Nevermore : (17 June 2021 - 03:43 PM)

It never truly recovered from that.

@  Nevermore : (17 June 2021 - 03:43 PM)

Season 1 was good until the finale.

@  Paladin : (17 June 2021 - 09:37 AM)

because it sucked.

@  tigerhawk : (17 June 2021 - 08:58 AM)

Heroes was cancelled twice.

@  Nevermore : (17 June 2021 - 06:33 AM)

The song's official name is "Holding Out for a Hero".

@  PlutoniumBoss : (17 June 2021 - 12:54 AM)

That's a long time to wait for a sandwich.

@  Maruten : (16 June 2021 - 07:13 PM)

Lucky there's a hero arriving in July.

@  Steevy Maximus : (16 June 2021 - 05:38 PM)

I think I've heard "I Need a Hero" more times this past week than I have in the past several years.

@  tigerhawk : (16 June 2021 - 12:41 PM)

Thanks to Earthrise I can recreate the end of Return of Optimus Prime part 1.

@  wonko the sane? : (16 June 2021 - 11:19 AM)

I wish they would do something like that here: but then it would become obvious in which provinces you're getting gouged.

@  Nevermore : (16 June 2021 - 10:42 AM)

Here in Germany, the price you see is the price you pay, tax included.

@  Nevermore : (16 June 2021 - 10:42 AM)

I always find it weaird hearing that stores in the US don't initially already taxes in their prices.

@  Nevermore : (16 June 2021 - 04:33 AM)

You know what's kewl? Poor literacy.

@  wonko the sane? : (15 June 2021 - 04:31 PM)

Awesome, thanks for the heads up.

@  CORVUS : (15 June 2021 - 04:12 PM)

Kewl. Thanks!

@  Kalidor : (15 June 2021 - 02:08 PM)

Hey everybody! I wanted to announce that Sarahthecutevixen is our newest addition to the Allspark staff. She's primarily looking over discord stuff, but I wanted to make sure she got a welcome over here as well.

@  NovaSaber : (14 June 2021 - 11:07 AM)

Turn-Bass RPG

@  Sabrblade : (14 June 2021 - 10:21 AM)

Do not X0 quietly into the night.

@  ▲ndrusi : (14 June 2021 - 10:13 AM)

All your Bass are--

@  Donocropolis : (14 June 2021 - 05:56 AM)

*Bass X0 not available in Alaska or Hawaii.

@  Steevy Maximus : (13 June 2021 - 07:36 PM)

Get your own Big Mouth BassX0 for the low price of $19.95 (plusshippingandhandling)

@  repowers : (13 June 2021 - 12:45 PM)

Mr. Speaker, we are for the Bass X0.

@  Nevermore : (13 June 2021 - 06:04 AM)

It's all about that Bass XD.

@  tigerhawk : (13 June 2021 - 02:16 AM)

Will altering the moons orbit in any way help.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (13 June 2021 - 01:51 AM)

Now that you have seen this Bass XO, you must send it to five other Bass XOs or BassXO will come to you in a week and then you too will be BassXO.

@  Telly : (13 June 2021 - 12:08 AM)

or feed him after midnight

@  wonko the sane? : (12 June 2021 - 09:00 PM)

Just don't drop him.

@  Kaon : (12 June 2021 - 08:03 PM)

man this chat is nothing but Bass X)

@  Nevermore : (12 June 2021 - 07:08 PM)

Carefull, he is a Bass Xo.

@  TheMightyMol... : (12 June 2021 - 05:53 PM)

Aw, it's not even a shiny.

@  Sabrblade : (12 June 2021 - 05:27 PM)

A wild Bass X0 has appeared!

@  Bass X0 : (12 June 2021 - 05:20 PM)

I didn't even try this time.

@  Nevermore : (12 June 2021 - 03:43 AM)

8ass X÷ has hijacked this conversation.

@  Bass X0 : (12 June 2021 - 03:37 AM)

Its Bass X0. I named myself after my three favourite Mega Man characters - Bass, X and Zero. I did consider going with Vile Bass X0, but that would have been going too far.

@  repowers : (11 June 2021 - 11:29 PM)

Bass XO has been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.

@  Echowarrior : (11 June 2021 - 09:25 PM)

Do not taunt Bass XO.

@  wonko the sane? : (11 June 2021 - 09:02 PM)

Please consult a technician before using Bass XO. Do not operate Bass XO while consuming alcohol.

@  TheMightyMol... : (11 June 2021 - 04:48 PM)

Nine out of ten doctors recommend Bass XO. The last doctor is on my list.

@  Dekafox : (11 June 2021 - 01:51 PM)

Bass XO is available at these fine retailers.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (11 June 2021 - 02:01 AM)

Bass XO is not to be confused with Bay Sexo.

@  Fenix Twilight : (10 June 2021 - 08:38 PM)

It's good to be back, after that outage I think I'll try to post more.

@  Steevy Maximus : (10 June 2021 - 12:16 PM)

I think Hasbro Pulse is broken. Dang Star Wars nerds!

@  tigerhawk : (10 June 2021 - 04:46 AM)

When I googled 'space bridge' I was disappointed. Maybe in a hundred years.

@  ▲ndrusi : (09 June 2021 - 04:05 PM)

Bass XO is backward compatible with the Sega Master System.

@  Donocropolis : (09 June 2021 - 05:37 AM)

Bass XO has 9" long, dagger-like teeth and a 12,000 lb. bite force

@  repowers : (08 June 2021 - 07:26 PM)

Bass XO doesn't feel pain. He can't be reasoned with!

Photo
- - - - -

Thundercats 6" line coming from Matt...er... Super7! (And Silverhawks too!)

Thundercats SDCC15 Mattel MattyCollector MOTU

420 replies to this topic

#401 Rhinox

Rhinox

Yeah, I'm kind of pissy.

• Supporter
  • 14693 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 06 February 2021 - 11:33 AM

Seriously, you will never get anywhere arguing with Lio.  He takes pride in that. 

"Why does history repeat itself? Because God doesn't have TiVo."

Wounds of honor are always self inflicted.

#402 Confuzor

Confuzor

They put em in Smash Bros!!!!

• Supporter
  • 8502 posts

Posted 06 February 2021 - 02:50 PM

Thundercats.org has an article with 2 of the designers of the tank. Some really intriguing info and also some neat behind the scenes artwork!

http://thundercats.o...XAGLE-boDDNtI4g

#403 LioConvoy

LioConvoy

FEEL THE RAGE

• Supporter
  • 5704 posts

Posted 06 February 2021 - 05:32 PM

You weirdly seem personally offended and angry by this item.

A statement without examples to showcase the claim are less than worthless. I criticize the product. 

It looks quite accurate for being a real world 3d representation of inconsistent cell animation.

I can literally break down point by point how completely wrong this statement is. It would take time to compile all the images and references, and I don't want to do that unless you're actually going to listen. Let me know if you're open for that, and I'll do just that for you. 

If the lines where a little softer on that box art it could easily pass as real vintage box art.

Not really. The characters are way too stiff, the composition is completely off, and lacks the dynamics that the original box art had. 

It would be perfectly reasonable for me to post about wishing they had done a better a job on this, and mention that I may not be purchasing him because of this. It would be much less reasonable for me to continually post about how Hasbro is trash because of this, that he is overpriced despite being priced in line with other comparable toys, and that his above average box art is a dumpster fire, and tell other people they shouldn't want to buy him either, and call them out and act confrontational when they say they like him or want to buy him.

Replying to people's comments = / =  what you're making a comparison to here. 

If you want to talk about people taking things personally, it seems like you and a couple of others are taking my comments about a toyline and franchise you generally don't care about too personally. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm saying this line should be better and more accurate it is for the product line and price that it is. You're fine with it being the way it is. Cool. Then you can stop getting upset that I think it should be better; you win either way. 

As others have mentioned, LioConvoy clearly has some other stuff going on and this is the outlet.

Come back when you have an actual argument instead of trying to attack my character with vague references about "others". Ok champ? I broke down the last goofy post you made for me point by point and you couldn't cobble together an actual response. Maybe project less?

The Board's "Ignore Preferences" under Settings is super helpful here

Then keep your mouth shut about me as a person before I decide to return the favor of how you're commenting towards me. It's not that difficult of a concept. Let me know if I should get out the crayons for you.

Seriously, you will never get anywhere arguing with Lio.  He takes pride in that.

I've had you on facebook for six years. I have NEVER once said I take pride in people "never getting anywhere with me". 

Never. 

I've made it clear that I find it amusing when people engage me with zero arguments to the point that they have to attack my character. Amusement isn't the same as pride. 

If you have a problem with me or what I'm saying, Jon, then I recommend you put on your big boi pants and DM me on facebook. 

Edited by LioConvoy, 06 February 2021 - 05:39 PM.

#404 ultra magnus13

ultra magnus13

Razzaroo

• Citizen
  • 7143 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 06 February 2021 - 05:42 PM

"I can literally break down point by point how completely wrong this statement is. It would take time to compile all the images and references, and I don't want to do that unless you're actually going to listen. Let me know if you're open for that, and I'll do just that for you."

I'd be interesting in seeing that.
I finally got rid of that big white box.

#405 LioConvoy

LioConvoy

FEEL THE RAGE

• Supporter
  • 5704 posts

Posted 06 February 2021 - 06:46 PM

"I can literally break down point by point how completely wrong this statement is. It would take time to compile all the images and references, and I don't want to do that unless you're actually going to listen. Let me know if you're open for that, and I'll do just that for you."

Sounds good my dude. It'll take me a couple of days to do it because of the work involved. I'll post here when done. 

#406 ultra magnus13

ultra magnus13

Razzaroo

• Citizen
  • 7143 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 06 February 2021 - 06:57 PM

Sounds good my dude. It'll take me a couple of days to do it because of the work involved. I'll post here when done. 

No rush. I'd looked for comparison picks and couldn't find any. Looking at pics from the cartoon and the preview pics they looked close to me, bit I admit I'm a very casual T cats fan.
I finally got rid of that big white box.

#407 LioConvoy

LioConvoy

FEEL THE RAGE

• Supporter
  • 5704 posts

Posted 06 February 2021 - 07:24 PM

No rush. I'd looked for comparison picks and couldn't find any. Looking at pics from the cartoon and the preview pics they looked close to me, bit I admit I'm a very casual T cats fan.

The preview pics are honestly a bad metric to begin with; they're really not accurate the final product we received. But I could understand why a casual fan would get that impression. 

#408 Rhinox

Rhinox

Yeah, I'm kind of pissy.

• Supporter
  • 14693 posts

Posted 06 February 2021 - 11:05 PM

You weirdly seem personally offended and angry by this item.

A statement without examples to showcase the claim are less than worthless. I criticize the product. 

It looks quite accurate for being a real world 3d representation of inconsistent cell animation.

I can literally break down point by point how completely wrong this statement is. It would take time to compile all the images and references, and I don't want to do that unless you're actually going to listen. Let me know if you're open for that, and I'll do just that for you. 

If the lines where a little softer on that box art it could easily pass as real vintage box art.

Not really. The characters are way too stiff, the composition is completely off, and lacks the dynamics that the original box art had. 

It would be perfectly reasonable for me to post about wishing they had done a better a job on this, and mention that I may not be purchasing him because of this. It would be much less reasonable for me to continually post about how Hasbro is trash because of this, that he is overpriced despite being priced in line with other comparable toys, and that his above average box art is a dumpster fire, and tell other people they shouldn't want to buy him either, and call them out and act confrontational when they say they like him or want to buy him.

Replying to people's comments = / =  what you're making a comparison to here. 

If you want to talk about people taking things personally, it seems like you and a couple of others are taking my comments about a toyline and franchise you generally don't care about too personally. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm saying this line should be better and more accurate it is for the product line and price that it is. You're fine with it being the way it is. Cool. Then you can stop getting upset that I think it should be better; you win either way. 

As others have mentioned, LioConvoy clearly has some other stuff going on and this is the outlet.

Come back when you have an actual argument instead of trying to attack my character with vague references about "others". Ok champ? I broke down the last goofy post you made for me point by point and you couldn't cobble together an actual response. Maybe project less?

The Board's "Ignore Preferences" under Settings is super helpful here

Then keep your mouth shut about me as a person before I decide to return the favor of how you're commenting towards me. It's not that difficult of a concept. Let me know if I should get out the crayons for you.

I've had you on facebook for six years. I have NEVER once said I take pride in people "never getting anywhere with me". 

Never. 

I've made it clear that I find it amusing when people engage me with zero arguments to the point that they have to attack my character. Amusement isn't the same as pride. 

If you have a problem with me or what I'm saying, Jon, then I recommend you put on your big boi pants and DM me on facebook. 

Ok.  

"Why does history repeat itself? Because God doesn't have TiVo."

Wounds of honor are always self inflicted.

#409 Confuzor

Confuzor

• Supporter
  • 8502 posts

Posted 19 February 2021 - 12:02 AM

Wave 1 LionO and Panthro and Wave 2 MummRa are getting a second run preorder. If you missed em the first time, nows your chance!

#410 Confuzor

Confuzor

• Supporter
  • 8502 posts

Posted 29 March 2021 - 10:27 AM

Friendly reminder that this is the last week to preorder Thundertank.

I just got a pretty sizeable bonus from work, so that pushed me in the direction pf "definitely getting it!".

#411 Confuzor

Confuzor

• Supporter
  • 8502 posts

Posted 09 June 2021 - 10:18 AM

Figured it wasn't worth starting a new thread over since they are tangentially related so...

Super7 revealed the first wave of Silverhawks Ultimates.

https://super7.com/b...xW8G9OF866Wl1mo

Quicksilver, Steelheart and Buzzsaw are all $55 and 11" Mon*Star is $85. Each comes with alternate hands and heads and a bird companion. Silverhawks have deployed wings accessories as well as blast effects.

Preorders go up tomorrow.

I was hoping for a slightly.more metallic looking paint. Something like how their Mutagen Man's metallic blue parts look. Also for some reason I've always preferred Buzzsaw's toy colors.

Likely passing on MonStar as I'm partial to his untransformed look.

#412 Shockwave 75

Shockwave 75

That's what I do. I drink, and I know things.

• Supporter
  • 5413 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 09 June 2021 - 10:35 AM

Figured it wasn't worth starting a new thread over since they are tangentially related so...

Super7 revealed the first wave of Silverhawks Ultimates.

https://super7.com/b...xW8G9OF866Wl1mo

Quicksilver, Steelheart and Buzzsaw are all $55 and 11" Mon*Star is $85. Each comes with alternate hands and heads and a bird companion. Silverhawks have deployed wings accessories as well as blast effects.

Preorders go up tomorrow.

I was hoping for a slightly.more metallic looking paint. Something like how their Mutagen Man's metallic blue parts look. Also for some reason I've always preferred Buzzsaw's toy colors.

Likely passing on MonStar as I'm partial to his untransformed look.

And like their ThunderCats line, it'll probably be at least two years before anybody has any of these in hand.

"The objective truths of the world are controversial only to people who are both under-informed and who like to argue." - Neil deGrasse Tyson

#413 Dake

Dake

Resident resident

• Supporter
  • 20396 posts

Posted 09 June 2021 - 11:44 AM

Whew... I knew they wouldn't be cheap but dang.

I was hoping for a slightly more metallic looking paint.

I'd be shocked if there weren't repaints down the road just to recoup costs - the question is whether the line will go long enough to get through the whole team again.

8ZSy6aw.jpg

#414 Confuzor

Confuzor

• Supporter
  • 8502 posts

Posted 09 June 2021 - 12:03 PM

End of episode Lesson Jumpsuit variants.

Edited by Confuzor, 09 June 2021 - 12:03 PM.

#415 Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus

Snarky Siegie

• Citizen
  • 5490 posts
  • Faction::Dinobot

Posted 14 June 2021 - 12:12 AM

I recall Silverhawks being one of my EARLIEST “big toy lines”.  I have vague recollections of the show (need to get that DVD set...), but I have stronger memories with the toys.  While I had about 75% of the first wave figures and all the vehicle/role play birds, the “core 5” and MonStar seem more ingrained into my mind.  That and I couldn’t abide a Buzzsaw NOT being neon green.  Screw show accuracy.

I put down on all but Buzzsaw.  Lord knows if anyone else will pick up for Silverhawks toys.  Even if we get ReAction, Super7 will probably never give us a Miraj in that scale.  And I don’t think I could swing an Ultimates scale one either.  My main goal is to get the “core 5” complete.  Anything else will be gravy.

Also, Silverhawks would have been a GREAT test bed for a “anime deco” thing like we’ve seen with Transformers and even some of the older Marvel stuff from Hasbro (I recall a Cyclops comic pack figure that did the shading thing REALLY well).

#416 Dake

Dake

Resident resident

• Supporter
  • 20396 posts

Posted 15 June 2021 - 09:34 PM

They are anime colored (in that they are painted like the cartoon and not vac-metalized like the toys), or do you mean cel-shaded?

8ZSy6aw.jpg

#417 Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus

Snarky Siegie

• Citizen
  • 5490 posts
  • Faction::Dinobot

Posted 15 June 2021 - 11:14 PM

Cel-shading.  Kind of like the 35th Anniversary Siege Optimus and Megatron that used paint apps to replicate the layered effect used in animation to denote “shiny” objects.

#418 Dake

Dake

Resident resident

• Supporter
  • 20396 posts

Posted 16 June 2021 - 07:45 AM

I gotcha yeah - that'd be kind of cool. I wonder what it would add to the price?

8ZSy6aw.jpg

#419 Confuzor

Confuzor

• Supporter
  • 8502 posts

Posted 16 June 2021 - 09:19 AM

I'm still waiting on some kind of physical view of the figures where we can see a little more clearly how the paint will look in person as opposed to renders. Fully expected an interview woth Brian Flynn would've shown up on Pixel Dan or Fwoosh by now regarding the issue.

#420 Axaday

Axaday
  • Supporter
  • 35500 posts

Posted 16 June 2021 - 02:11 PM

I don't want vac metal that is going to flake off 10 years later, but there are other ways to make a shiny finish that looks metallic.  They don't need to be chrome shiny.  But the way they look so far is disappointing.

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Thundercats, SDCC15, Mattel, MattyCollector, MOTU

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users