Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  TheMightyMol... : (16 July 2018 - 06:31 PM)

I stopped reading it.

@  wonko the sane? : (16 July 2018 - 06:04 PM)

If talking about it here is all it takes to get you, why hasn't the oreo thread killed you yet?

@  TheMightyMol... : (16 July 2018 - 04:51 PM)

ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL. Of your stomach.

@  wonko the sane? : (16 July 2018 - 04:09 PM)

Hey man, how you deal with yo problems is yo bidness.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (16 July 2018 - 04:08 PM)

I did no such thing! I am innocent of the pop tart corruption!

@  TheMightyMol... : (16 July 2018 - 02:57 PM)

You guys made me buy cinnamon roll Pop Tarts today.

@  Otaku : (16 July 2018 - 02:38 PM)

@D Immortalis Just fill the bag with air first and pop that? XP Oh, and you won't like that I grew up microwaving them more often than actually toasting. ;)

@  Otaku : (16 July 2018 - 02:37 PM)

@MEDdMI Yeah, the even more artificial flavors like S'more are the ones that usually taste good cold. There exceptions... I think it was Sugar Cookie that needed to be toasted...

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (16 July 2018 - 02:19 PM)

And.. Amazon is borked.

@  Donocropolis : (16 July 2018 - 05:55 AM)

@Tm_Silverclaw - Thanks for the heads up. Just ordered him and P/CP

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (16 July 2018 - 01:41 AM)

Repugnus up

@  Paladin : (15 July 2018 - 07:41 PM)

or add peanut butter.

@  MEDdMI : (15 July 2018 - 07:33 PM)

Nuke them enough in the microwave....?

@  D Immortalis : (15 July 2018 - 06:43 PM)

if po tarts dont POP then they become a lie.

@  TM2-Megatron : (15 July 2018 - 05:10 PM)

I typically just went for the traditional flavours... I think mostly Rasberry or Strawberry. I'll have to pick up a box next time I'm out

@  MEDdMI : (15 July 2018 - 04:09 PM)

@Otaku I've tried that too with a few of them. I liked the soda flavored ones they had. Too bad they were limited. :(

@  Otaku : (15 July 2018 - 03:48 PM)

@D Immortalis Most Pop-Tarts I like are better eaten frozen... and the only reason I started doing that is because Pop-Tarts commercials told me to try them that way. XD

@  D Immortalis : (15 July 2018 - 03:03 PM)

woohoo, just got my tickets to see From Ashes To New and Hollywood Undead on the 26th!

@  unluckiness : (15 July 2018 - 10:07 AM)

oh wow Jazz has heel spurs.

@  wonko the sane? : (15 July 2018 - 06:32 AM)

That's basically what happened to me. I was on that aisle for completely other reasons, caught sight of them in my peripheral, and then... just couldn't stop thinking about them.

@  TM2-Megatron : (15 July 2018 - 02:47 AM)

Hungry for pop tarts now - haven't had those in years

@  D Immortalis : (15 July 2018 - 12:32 AM)

anyone that doesnt put theit pop tarts in a toaster is a heretic.

@  unluckiness : (15 July 2018 - 12:32 AM)

Do they still make the cinnamon-brown sugar ones?

@  wonko the sane? : (14 July 2018 - 09:03 PM)

Yup. And?

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (14 July 2018 - 08:29 PM)

Aren't Pop Tarts like, totally junk for you by the definition of the word?

@  wonko the sane? : (14 July 2018 - 08:27 PM)

Four IS standard... but it's been so long I had forgotten.

@  Steevy Maximus : (14 July 2018 - 07:29 PM)

Bah, wonko, I remember when 4 was STANDARD

@  Paladin : (14 July 2018 - 04:10 PM)

https://twitter.com/NickRoche/status/1018234094310879234 people suck...

@  wonko the sane? : (14 July 2018 - 01:10 PM)

Me: opening a box of pop tarts. "Oh my god! There's FOUR in here?!?! Score!"

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (14 July 2018 - 10:22 AM)

Well, some people are into shopping, anyway.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (14 July 2018 - 10:22 AM)

Taiwanese Costco also has lots of things that shoppers would want!

@  unluckiness : (14 July 2018 - 10:18 AM)

The Taiwan Costco I visited once was nice but I have to question why our guide thought it'd be a good place to bring tourists.

@  wonko the sane? : (14 July 2018 - 09:40 AM)

Lower prices, lower taxes, bigger selection... yeah, I can see that happening.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (14 July 2018 - 09:14 AM)

Didn't a Washington Costco make the news a couple years ago for being sheerly flooded with customers from British Columbia?

@  TM2-Megatron : (14 July 2018 - 01:25 AM)

That's cool. There's a Sam's Club in Niagara Falls, where I tend to cross the border, but I've never been in. I'm a Costco member, but not Sam's Club; and unfortunately Costco makes sure there aren't any locations in the US too near the Canadian border

@  wonko the sane? : (13 July 2018 - 07:02 PM)

Nope, not the battle damaged version. He got it from his cousin, whose family has a camping ground in... I wanna say new york state, but I'm probably wrong. Just across the border anyway.

@  Nevermore : (13 July 2018 - 06:36 PM)

Sam's Club exclusive was the battle damaged version, right?

@  TheMightyMol... : (13 July 2018 - 06:34 PM)

He's got friends on the other side.

@  TM2-Megatron : (13 July 2018 - 06:08 PM)

where'd your nephew get a US retailer exclusive

@  wonko the sane? : (13 July 2018 - 04:39 PM)

Alright, I managed to identify him. The 2007 voyager class that was apparently exclusive to sam's club.

@  wonko the sane? : (13 July 2018 - 04:20 PM)

Well, that was a nice surprise. Me nephew (the 10 year old.) just gave me an optimus prime that's minorly older than he is.

@  wonko the sane? : (13 July 2018 - 10:25 AM)

Nah, even better. He'll be a memory of the mission briefing. Just a voice over. Four different figures in the toyline, but not actually in the movie.

@  unluckiness : (13 July 2018 - 10:06 AM)

I am 110% sure that Optimus will show up, even as a transmission or something. At least maybe we can get a cybertronian form this time.

@  Pennpenn : (13 July 2018 - 09:55 AM)

At least one Optimus sodding Prime.

@  wonko the sane? : (13 July 2018 - 06:57 AM)

Same way as always: completely unrelated figures and models that weren't even in the movie.

@  unluckiness : (12 July 2018 - 11:47 PM)

I think that's a given, though, given the small number of transformers in Bee Movie, I wonder how they'll fill the toyline

@  Steevy Maximus : (12 July 2018 - 02:07 PM)

Yeah. I'm hoping with the new film, we might get something closer to the deluxe range

@  NotVeryKnightly : (12 July 2018 - 01:20 PM)

Isn't the Masterpiece the only recent VW G1-looking Bee?

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (12 July 2018 - 11:02 AM)

Especially when they are questioned directly and respond by dodging the question.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (12 July 2018 - 11:01 AM)

Watching hypocrites parade their high ground is equally amusing and cringeworthy.

Photo
- - - - -

Best of BotCon: New Generations In-Depth

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
41 replies to this topic

#1 Jalaguy

Jalaguy

won't hold Six Shot upside-down.

• Staff
  • 8998 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 02:35 PM

In our next "Best of BotCon" article, we've taken a detailed look at new Generations product that Hasbro revealed, taking note of things like design choices, deco differences with the real samples and CG renders, and future possibilities.

I don't think anyone will disagree that Sky Lynx was the biggest surprise of the panel, but what's eveyrybody's favourite or most anticipated figure? Are people continuing to enjoy the line-wide combiners theme, or do you miss the variety of eras and more obscure characters of the previous Thrilling 30 theme?

There's also a lot to consider with regards to future reveals - is that mystery silhouette Computron? How will the cassettes tie into what we've seen of Titan Wars?

#2 Bass X0

Bass X0
  • Citizen
  • 43820 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 02:40 PM

I'm hoping they do the remaining four 1984 Autobot cars in Combiner Wars - Jazz, Sideswipe, Ratchet and Bluestreak. They may as well having come this far. I don't know why they chose to do Smokescreen instead of Bluestreak for Sky Reign.  Possibly they preferred the color scheme?

Just because you can't win doesn't mean you stop working.

#3 Shattered

Shattered
  • Retired Staff
  • 6958 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 07:51 PM

I've updated the article to include the fact that Hasbro confirmed the Sky Reign head does tilt to allow a pseudo-Lynx mode.

#4 Esser-Z

Esser-Z

I'm never going down at the hands of the likes of you

• Citizen
  • 32946 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 07:56 PM

I've updated the article to include the fact that Hasbro confirmed the Sky Reign head does tilt to allow a pseudo-Lynx mode.

Yesssssss

#5 Sciflyer

Sciflyer

Tomorrow's Harvest

• Citizen
  • 3422 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 08:11 PM

I do miss the variety of eras that the Thrilling 30 referenced, but since it was tied to the anniversary, I didn't really expect it to continue in any meaningful way.  Lots to look forward to with what was announced though.  As a minor gripe, I feel like the "camper shell" First Aid tooling would have been a bit better suited for Trailbreaker and Ironhide, but I'm sure Hasbro had their reasons for doing it like they did.  Who knows--maybe Takara will show their own versions of the '84 guys at some point. 

#6 NotVeryKnightly

NotVeryKnightly
  • Staff
  • 19887 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 08:27 PM

I think TakTom showed a silhouette for their version of '84 combiner a few weeks ago, so that's probably happening.

#7 Octavius Prime

Octavius Prime

Do it, FP

• Citizen
  • 10225 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 08:32 PM

I'm hoping they do the remaining four 1984 Autobot cars in Combiner Wars - Jazz, Sideswipe, Ratchet and Bluestreak. They may as well having come this far. I don't know why they chose to do Smokescreen instead of Bluestreak for Sky Reign.  Possibly they preferred the color scheme?

I think that would be the most reasonable next wave of autobots, but I'd want a wave of Decepticons first. I my self would want some for Galvatronus, but considering Hasbro felt the need to make an entirely different Optimus for the Op Max wave, I don't know that we would get a Decepticon team that would thematically fit well with Galvatronus (because they sure aren't gonna make a new, randomly-recolored version of him, at least not as the same character).

#8 Dake

Dake

Resident resident

• Supporter
  • 18262 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 08:34 PM

Great round-up!

You know, the more I look at it (and someone may have already said this), the more I wonder if Sky Lynx's shuttle mode is a nod to Bay's Armageddon shuttle.

8ZSy6aw.jpg

#9 Aberration

Aberration
  • Citizen
  • 2664 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 09:06 PM

Thanks for clarifying the Onslaught running change here, I wasn't quite understanding the way it was stated in other places.  I'll probably get the one with the olive plastic, even if it does have the "wrong" chestplate.

Overall, I love the combiners that we're getting, but I'm also kinda missing that spirit from the previous years, where the designers remembered that "Generations" is plural.

#10 Cabooceratops

Cabooceratops

Far Beyond the Stars

• Staff
  • 21761 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 09:36 PM

I really kind of wish Combiner Wars took the Power Core Combiners approach to themes and character selection. With the combination of mold, character, and concept rehashing, it's starting to feel a little stale in spite of how good the figures are.

Or, perhaps, if it wasn't an onslaught of the same type of combiner and had a bunch of different types instead. A couple 5-member "traditional" combiners, a Magnaboss made out of two deluxes and a voyager, Leader Class Safeguard...

Also if I don't see another set of G1 cars it'll be too soon.

Edited by Cabooceratops, 22 June 2015 - 09:48 PM.

Like my art? I do commissions!! -> https://www.allspark...

#11 Lisbon Virgo

Lisbon Virgo

What a nerd!

• Supporter
  • 4329 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 09:45 PM

My only real complaint about Combiner Wars is the lack of Deluxe level Decepticons. I'd even settle with the Aerialbots being repainted as Dirge, Ramjet, Thrust, Acid Storm, and Sunstorm. Even with tossing the two Primes and including Devastator, the Cons are undermanned right now.
3DS Friend Code: 5155 - 3611 - 9787
I was Ursa'ed on 10/22/13!

#12 Dake

Dake

Resident resident

• Supporter
  • 18262 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 10:01 PM

My only real complaint about Combiner Wars is the lack of Deluxe level Decepticons. I'd even settle with the Aerialbots being repainted as Dirge, Ramjet, Thrust, Acid Storm, and Sunstorm. Even with tossing the two Primes and including Devastator, the Cons are undermanned right now.

That could seriously get me to consider rebuying those molds - especially if they managed to give the Coneheads actual little coneheads. We could throw all sense out the window and redo Silverbolt as Darkwind. That would make for quite the color palette. :D

Edited by Dake, 22 June 2015 - 10:06 PM.

8ZSy6aw.jpg

#13 unluckiness

unluckiness

THEY'RE IN MAH BELLY

• Apprentice Staff
  • 17317 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 12:34 AM

I guess I'll buy the olive onslaught and paint the chestplate. Everything CW but the Op Max guys are must-buys. I'll probably mix and match between the 84 Cars to get a set of limbs for Sky Lynx. 

pDHhVB1.jpg

#14 NICK TYRANNO

NICK TYRANNO

Www.scatterville.com

• Supporter
  • 16090 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 12:37 AM

I wish combiner wars had more crazy character selections, but after listening to Mr. Ono talk and realizing that man was all about everything combining into everything, the 84 bots resonate with me a little stronger than they had before.

Edited by NICK TYRANNO, 23 June 2015 - 12:38 AM.

Http://www.scatterville.com

#15 tec

tec

Its a Gunda..oh its a Samus

• Supporter
  • 28155 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 01:53 AM

I just hope that I can find these in stores

Wait. Wait, wait, wait. Are you telling me that tec has a job? I thought his sole reasons for existence are cheesecake and horrible grammar.-Shadowman024

#16 Telly

Telly

Killing forums since 1999!

• Retired Staff
  • 7188 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 04:09 AM

what is this "stores" thing you mention?

When I die I will surely go to Heaven for i spent my life in Hell

#17 Broadside

Broadside

Now I'm a beeliever

• Staff
  • 10331 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 06:09 AM

I'm resigned to not getting new Seacons ever, but it'd be nice to see Abominus to complete the traditional pairs, since we're getting Computron. Plus, Abominus and Monstructor have similar modes on the limb bots, so...

#18 Jalaguy

Jalaguy

won't hold Six Shot upside-down.

• Staff
  • 8998 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 08:22 AM

Another observation - the only Hasbro CW Deluxe moulds that we've yet to see a 'reshell' of are the Harrier jet, the helicopter, and the F1 racer. At this point it seems unlikely that they're the only moulds without one, so I wonder what they might be...

#19 Mighty Maximal

Mighty Maximal
  • Citizen
  • 1908 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 08:33 AM

I suggest you got buy the Kabaya ones those Seacons may give you so warm fuzzy feeling of some sort perhaps.

#20 Mighty Maximal

Mighty Maximal
  • Citizen
  • 1908 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 08:38 AM

Another observation - the only Hasbro CW Deluxe moulds that we've yet to see a 'reshell' of are the Harrier jet, the helicopter, and the F1 racer. At this point it seems unlikely that they're the only moulds without one, so I wonder what they might be...

Lightspeed could be a reshelled Mirage perhaps ?

I am disappointed that Vortex wasn't a more elaborate retool - if he'd got a more combat like look that would have been nice. I'm sure he was supposed to have new arms at one point at least and a 4 blade rotor & tail rotor (not a fan) would have been nice too.

I do personally see a lack of another Jet mould or two so if it's practical to do that by adapting existing Aerialbots I'm fine with that.

I think we could do with a Delta Wing plane, a FSW plane and a F-22 and perhaps even a stealth plane.

Those sorts of jets would be useful for all kinds of characters.

I would hope if they did get pestered about making a Deluxe Sweep (if they didn't think of it themselves yet) that it would be a new mould.