Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Paladin : (20 October 2020 - 05:15 PM)

only takes three pounds to be a cereal killer.

@  Kalidor : (20 October 2020 - 04:54 PM)

5 pounds is a lot of cereal! /deadpan

@  Maximus Ambus : (20 October 2020 - 02:32 PM)

Seems the area near my work place is due to be gentrified. Electric car ports, fifty pound haircuts and five pound bowls of cereal in breakfast cafes I'll bet.

@  Steevy Maximus : (19 October 2020 - 11:31 PM)

@ZakuConvoy Lumines Electric Symphony. So still halfway interesting, and it’ll play on the PS TV

@  Demovere Xeno : (19 October 2020 - 10:36 PM)

@Maximus: I paired the Battle Patrol with Ironworks and they look good together, though the Off Road Patrol would probably fit best as vehicles you're likely to find at a construction site.

@  ZakuConvoy : (19 October 2020 - 09:39 PM)

So...was it something like Tearaway or Gravity Rush or was it just a FIFA or a Madden?

@  wonko the sane? : (19 October 2020 - 08:26 PM)

Sounds like they need to clean more often.

@  Steevy Maximus : (19 October 2020 - 06:51 PM)

From the depths of Walmart's backroom comes...a Playstation Vita game in 2020?

@  Telly : (19 October 2020 - 02:20 PM)

and my bow

@  Donocropolis : (19 October 2020 - 11:49 AM)

<GIMLI> And my axe! </GIMLI>

@  Donocropolis : (19 October 2020 - 11:47 AM)

He's got my vote!

@  wonko the sane? : (19 October 2020 - 11:26 AM)

Mayor?

@  Maximus Ambus : (19 October 2020 - 07:38 AM)

Greasepit for the Sports Car Patrol, Airwave for the Airstrike Patrol, Hot House for the Rescue Patrol, Ironworks for ????

@  Steevy Maximus : (19 October 2020 - 04:09 AM)

My local Walmart FINALLY got a restock of Generations during the early September reset and got a big shipment of Earthrise wave 1 (the first I’d seen around here). IF, and that’s a big IF, they restock I’m expecting a bunch of wave 3. Or wave 2. But we’ll be skipping one of those waves.

@  Steevy Maximus : (19 October 2020 - 04:08 AM)

Barricade hanging around

@  Steevy Maximus : (19 October 2020 - 04:08 AM)

Brunt barely appeared here at all, wave 3 was pretty much skipped for a big load of wave 4, with Impactor and

@  wonko the sane? : (18 October 2020 - 10:13 PM)

Brunt is shelfwarming around me. One walmart moved the whole lot of them off to a side shelf, but couldn't be added to liquidate them.

@  unluckiness : (18 October 2020 - 09:01 PM)

Ironworks is a plague. No idea if it was overproduced or if nobody wants it but thing's clogging shelves.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (18 October 2020 - 04:23 PM)

My walmart the few times I go in will be lucky to have two or three transformers period.

@  TheMightyMol... : (18 October 2020 - 10:29 AM)

I mostly just see walls of Ironworks. And the occassional Siege Hound.

@  Paladin : (18 October 2020 - 08:44 AM)

condolences.

@  Nevermore : (18 October 2020 - 08:40 AM)

My local Symths is still chock full of Earthrise wave 1.

@  wonko the sane? : (18 October 2020 - 08:24 AM)

Yup, generally so much they don't bother with any other waves as the existing stock doesn't sell out.

@  Nevermore : (18 October 2020 - 07:56 AM)

All the damn time.

If there's anything there's going to be plenty of stock, it's wave 1.

I'm really not worried about wave 1 of a new line EVER.

@  wonko the sane? : (18 October 2020 - 07:47 AM)

At least you got listings for kingdom. walmart canada won't list them until they're actually in stock and that could very well never happen. I'm gonna get mine from BBTS cause I'm not missing out on the maximals.

@  Nevermore : (18 October 2020 - 07:32 AM)

And I don't buy the "they all sold out" explanation. The Kingdom figures are still listed.

@  Nevermore : (18 October 2020 - 07:32 AM)

I don't see any of Friday's reveals at Walmart.

@  Nevermore : (18 October 2020 - 07:23 AM)

There's a difference between "sold out" and "no trace of a listing".

@  Nevermore : (18 October 2020 - 07:23 AM)

There is still a listing for the scalped and sold out Walmart exclusive limited edition version of Gigawatt.

@  Nevermore : (18 October 2020 - 07:22 AM)

But there should still be a listing.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (18 October 2020 - 06:30 AM)

Probably got scalped and sold out in seconds.

@  Nevermore : (18 October 2020 - 04:10 AM)

And I don't see links anywhere either.

@  Nevermore : (18 October 2020 - 04:10 AM)

So did Walmart somehow fail put up the Headmasters preorders as promised by Hasbro, or have the listings been taken down again? I cannot find them.

@  Kalidor : (18 October 2020 - 03:02 AM)

My Depth Charge is signed by David Sobolov on the wing.

@  Echowarrior : (16 October 2020 - 09:51 PM)

So do I, and I am one.

@  TheMightyMol... : (16 October 2020 - 07:33 PM)

I need an adult.

@  -LittleAutob... : (16 October 2020 - 11:26 AM)

Watching people talk here is satisfying-

@  wonko the sane? : (16 October 2020 - 05:57 AM)

Nope, just awesome 80's metal hair.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (15 October 2020 - 12:17 PM)

Feathered Depthcharge? Does he turn into a fish with feathers?

@  Maximus Ambus : (15 October 2020 - 11:57 AM)

i've seen fan vids of feathered Dinobot and Depthcharge (which got a top comment by someone who claims to be his voice actor) which show how CG progressed.

@  wonko the sane? : (15 October 2020 - 08:01 AM)

A great story, and characters which more than make up for the now dated looking (but still clean and fluid.) CGI.

@  Maximus Ambus : (15 October 2020 - 03:31 AM)

Thanks to Kingdom I've been rewatching Beast Wars. Still tops.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (15 October 2020 - 03:19 AM)

If they manage to tie GI Joe into Transformers like I hear they're trying to do, and it manages to put Joe product on the shelves again? I will totally forgive even the worst movie ever.

@  Telly : (15 October 2020 - 12:58 AM)

they LOOK cool, but i dont like the size. i grew up in the late 70s and early 80s where action figure size was 3 3/4, so thats what i prefer

@  fourteenwings : (15 October 2020 - 12:32 AM)

I think the new G.I. Joe Classified figures are pretty cool.

@  Telly : (14 October 2020 - 07:11 PM)

speaking of gi joe, just bought my first gi joe figure since...2011? whenever the 30th anniversary/pursuit of cobra was. got the so-called "retro" storm shadow. only got him cause i missed the ultimate version way back when

@  wonko the sane? : (14 October 2020 - 02:13 PM)

He has to say something eventually...

@  Bass X0 : (14 October 2020 - 02:11 PM)

New G.I. Joe anything has been a disappointment. The biggest of which is what I hear they will do with SnakeEyes.

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

The BotCon 2015 Super Thread

Botcon Botcon 2015

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
767 replies to this topic

#741 Fenix Twilight

Fenix Twilight
  • Citizen
  • 5278 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 01:46 PM

Those repaints are cool I think I really want the Optimus, Megatron and Shockwave there, but on this tiny screen I'm on I could hardly make out Starscream, and is that Brawn from a Warpath mold?

And the next pic I can see the Springer, Seaspray and RotF Knock Out molds, but no ideas for who they are.

#742 Spark

Spark
  • Citizen
  • 39394 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 03:02 PM

Maybe Hydra will have some closer up pics of them?

Posssssst the PowerPoint...  We wantsss it...

Fall of Cybertron will blow your mind. That is all.

#743 Fishbug

Fishbug

Coming out of my can and I've been doing just fine

• Citizen
  • 11950 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 03:05 PM

Zoom. Enhance. Kind of.

iwozmf.jpg

Can't really pick out any unique details on Wheeljack to peg him as any particular mold. Blaster might be one of the deluxe Ratchets? Bumblebee is a damn yellow mess. I'm going to go out on a limb and say RotF scout class Dead End?

mbjubm.jpg

25aputg.jpg
#WHERESINJECTOR

#744 gearshift

gearshift

insanely here for buff ROM

• Citizen
  • 2351 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 03:10 PM

LORD IMPERIOUS DELERIOUS FROM MINDWIPE

#745 Walky

Walky

King Kong Aventure Fudge

• Citizen
  • 40686 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 03:25 PM

Bumblebee looks like movie ROTF Dead End/Nightbeat to me.

#746 Spark

Spark
  • Citizen
  • 39394 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 03:39 PM

Zoom. Enhance. Kind of.

iwozmf.jpg

Can't really pick out any unique details on Wheeljack to peg him as any particular mold. Blaster might be one of the deluxe Ratchets? Bumblebee is a damn yellow mess. I'm going to go out on a limb and say RotF scout class Dead End?

I think "Bumblebee" there might be Swindle, as insane as that sounds.  It's damn hard to tell.

Actually, it that black dot in the center his chest or his face?  I'm having a hard time sorting out what's what with him.

Wheeljack might be Dune Runner.

Edited by Spark, 01 July 2015 - 03:48 PM.

#747 Fishbug

Fishbug

Coming out of my can and I've been doing just fine

• Citizen
  • 11950 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 03:48 PM

I considered Swindle, but seeing him in yellow in the other image, there's really no similarity between the two.

25aputg.jpg
#WHERESINJECTOR

#748 Jalaguy

Jalaguy

won't hold Six Shot upside-down.

• Citizen
  • 9628 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 03:50 PM

That's a green Skyhammer on the left in the second picture.

#749 Spark

Spark
  • Citizen
  • 39394 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 04:03 PM

I considered Swindle, but seeing him in yellow in the other image, there's really no similarity between the two.

I can't even make out where he starts and other characters end in the second image.

Edited by Spark, 01 July 2015 - 04:03 PM.

#750 Spark

Spark
  • Citizen
  • 39394 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 04:08 PM

Is Blaster a Real Gear Robot guy?  Looks like he might be Zoom Out or something, given the lack of kibble.

#751 Mighty Maximal

Mighty Maximal
  • Citizen
  • 1910 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 04:14 PM

I would rather have a sandy Coloured version of the Skyhammer/Drift/Sandstorm Mould but if Guess a greenish one would be OK too - I adore that mould so heck they can paint it red baron colours and I would still be happy.

#752 Cabooceratops

Cabooceratops

Former Staff~

• Citizen
  • 23084 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 04:43 PM

That's a green Skyhammer on the left in the second picture.

Seaspray to the right of him. Knockout in pink underneath Seaspray. I think the middle hero guy in red/blue/white is the Breacher mold. To the left of Breacher is the Swindle mold, it has the big door kibble bits on the arms, and the headlight pecs.

Underneath the Mindwipe redeco seem to straight inserts of various Decepticons from other movie toylines, from left to right: Vortex, Highbrow*, Terradive, Hailstorm, Skystalker 

Wheeljack's the Windcharger mold, the general features line up and if so I'm pretty sure his left hand is transformed into the magnet thing that Windcharger has. Blaster is the Brakedown mold, he has the right chest and the wheels on his shoulders.

*(I am absolutely certain it's Highbrow, but his inclusion among the Decepticons is weird.)

Edited by Cabooceratops, 01 July 2015 - 04:43 PM.

Like my art? I do commissions!! -> https://www.allspark...

#753 Mighty Maximal

Mighty Maximal
  • Citizen
  • 1910 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 04:50 PM

I suppose showing Megatron as Wreckage makes sense as he does look a bit like him anyway.

#754 gwynn

gwynn

squirt

• Citizen
  • 819 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 05:35 PM

I really like the idea of the Timelines Megatron figure. I hope that next year they will have a Timelines Sentinel Prime. But what mold would they use?

#755 Jenny

Jenny
  • Citizen
  • 23047 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 05:40 PM

Combiner Wars Hot Spot?

#756 LV!

LV!

A tendency to speak in jest

• Citizen
  • 18877 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 05:50 PM

Leader Magnus, with a big brash obnoxious giant blue and orange truck on the outside, and a tiny, spiteful, treacherous little bearded red guy on the inside.

#757 ▲ndrusi

▲ndrusi

Praise be to Stakeout.

• Supporter
  • 27636 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 06:57 PM

Combiner Wars Hot Spot?

Make him black with red paint, rather than red with black paint, and he'll look different from any prospective We Have A Fire Truck Let's Redeco Him Into All The Other Fire Trucks proposals.

#758 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 31213 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 06:42 AM

Finally caught up with this thread!

I took coverage notes for eight panels and the Awards Dinner (they let me use my laptop with the promise of no video) here.

At the Club store on Thursday night, I asked Lanny Lathem about the white Waspinator redeco's deco, and he explained to me that, in addition to it being a VERY LOOSE homage to Bug Bite (which was repeated at the TCC magazine panel), it's also based on a particular real species of wasp, so it’s the one of the four that they wanted to stand out as more unique, being not directly based on a specific deco.

At the Hasbro booth, I asked about what the proper name for the RID Three-Step Changers/Hyperchange Heroes is, and "Three-Step Changers" is the correct name.

I was the one who recorded the online fandom panel video for Unicron.com (with Jason Lukis's phone), so as it was my first ever panel recording, that's why the camera work is so shaky and amateurish:

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#759 Defensis Prime

Defensis Prime

Multiversal Singularity-haters = puppykickers who belong on Junk

• Citizen
  • 1923 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 02:11 PM

shaky and amateurish

Describes the panel itself pretty well, honestly.

(Time better spent in the dealer room.)
-- L A S E R AUTOBOT LEADER DEFENSIS PRIME : Psychotic Completist

"...Transformers should have retina-searing colorschemes--your eyes bleed after one glance..."

I'm putting together the full POWER OF THE PRIMES cardset, and I need your help to do it! For chances to win great customs from BotCon custom class leader Shawn Tessmann, visit StraightFromTheMatrix.com!

#760 Mighty Maximal

Mighty Maximal
  • Citizen
  • 1910 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 04:19 PM

I had previously been under the impression that the simplistic Voyager like size RID toys class was called "Hero" class.

But don't they call Grimlock "Stomp & Chomp" in the mobile phone game?

Which begs the question what the heck size is a Mega 5-step changer like Megatronus then? I'm guessing it's "Mega-Class"!

come to think of it where is the Warrior Class Megatronus that the Game promises ?

So if you want a more consistent naming focus I would guess it's something along these lines: 

Legion

1-Step (unless anyone has another suggestion)

Warrior

Hero (also know as 3-step Changers)

Titan (also know as Electronic Titan Hero)

Mega (also known as Mega One-step or Mega 3-step or Mega 5-step etc..)

Super (as in Super Bumblebee)

But they throw words like Mega, Titan & Hero around so much I don't think any of them stuck at all - I think these size classes will be mostly ignored - in a few years people might even forget that RID-15 "Deluxes" were called warrior Class just as a lot of people have got so used to Voyager class now they might not immediately think of Mega Class or Max-con .

I suspect a contemporary MEGA class is a bit bigger than a Beast Wars Mega though or even something from before the Beast Era that were called Mega too (that people might not remember they were) like Mega-Pretenders or the use of Mega in Machine Wars or some other places pre-beast era and even post Beast Era but before Voyager - Like Robots in Disguise's repaint based follow-on toyline for example.

I suppose it's way to late to hope for some consistency - but sometimes you can have fun with the old names mirroring the new - such as with the old Legends type Pretenders - amusingly having inner robots (sold away from the shells at one point) that are contemporary legends size - a amusement that only works now - but didn't really in the past when Legends was the old name for Legion.

RID's naming schemes must drive some toy buying parents potty though.