Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  wonko the sane? : (08 April 2020 - 08:42 AM)

It is. Thankfully, we don't use the thing too often. It was purchased to help take down one tree and spends about 362 days a year sitting in the shop.

@  Darkstream : (08 April 2020 - 08:23 AM)

Sounds tedious

@  wonko the sane? : (07 April 2020 - 06:25 PM)

grinding wheel on a dremel and a lot of patience.

@  Darkstream : (07 April 2020 - 06:11 PM)

What do you use to sharpen it? I was debating buying one of those kits on Amazon

@  wonko the sane? : (07 April 2020 - 11:49 AM)

Wasn't the first time. I probably did it one of the times the chain jumped the blade, or when I was cleaning it or sharpening it.

@  Darkstream : (07 April 2020 - 11:38 AM)

Sounds like something I'd do. I always install things backwards first.

@  wonko the sane? : (07 April 2020 - 07:32 AM)

Not while I'm outside working with the chainsaw. If it's working fine: then I don't need it. If it's NOT working; I use hand tools cause there is a job that brought me out there. No time to read.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (07 April 2020 - 03:07 AM)

You can Google manuals these days.

@  wonko the sane? : (06 April 2020 - 06:06 PM)

I can't. One: we don't know where dad hide the damn manual. Not that he read it either. And 2.) I'm congenitally incapable of reading it, being as I'm male.

@  TheMightyMol... : (06 April 2020 - 01:52 PM)

Lesson learned: RTFM.

@  wonko the sane? : (06 April 2020 - 11:45 AM)

It's time for todays lesson! Did you know there's a wrong way to install a chainsaw blade? I didn't. I thought the damn thing was just blunted, but nope. Backwards.

@  CORVUS : (05 April 2020 - 06:41 PM)

CONTAGION is on my current watchlist. I'm kicking it off with OUTBREAK, and I have a whole lineup of pandemic-based films. I treat this stuff as a fear-innoculant.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (05 April 2020 - 03:52 PM)

My point is that of late, Taiwan's government executed lockdown procedures to great success. Vietnam has done similarly.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (05 April 2020 - 03:34 PM)

Didn't SARS just suddenly stop before it got very far?

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (05 April 2020 - 03:24 PM)

*raises eyebrows due to familial knowledge of SARS*

@  Steevy Maximus : (05 April 2020 - 01:43 PM)

It was uncomfortably real in 2011, it's downright scary in relation to the current pandemic.

@  Steevy Maximus : (05 April 2020 - 01:42 PM)

It is, almost to an uncomfortable point.The virus portrayed in that film was FAR more aggressive and fatal than Coronavirus, but the sourcing and spread and impact hit REALLY close to home compared to what we're dealing with now

@  Maximus Ambus : (05 April 2020 - 04:50 AM)

Actually on the subject, I've hard a lot of people refer to a 2011 film called Contagion that they think is relevant.

@  Maximus Ambus : (05 April 2020 - 01:11 AM)

Ah well, I'll stick to the classic British sitcoms: One Foot in the Grave, Til Death Do Us Part and They Think It's All Over.

@  TM2-Megatron : (05 April 2020 - 12:53 AM)

There's always the original, cheesy as it is

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (05 April 2020 - 12:10 AM)

Dunno... Tonight one of the major networks showed a movie with plagues.. including that listening to their leader causes the first born to die. ;P So nah.. I think the Stand could work. :D

@  TM2-Megatron : (04 April 2020 - 09:18 PM)

That's probably the last thing anyone needs to see, at the moment. Maybe when we get to the end of June/beginning of July and we can venture back out, it might be possible to find some enjoyment in The Stand.

@  Maximus Ambus : (04 April 2020 - 02:08 PM)

I suppose the CBS adaptation of Stephen Kings The Stand will be delayed.

@  Rycochet : (04 April 2020 - 11:26 AM)

We'll always be together. Together in electric dreams.

@  Rycochet : (04 April 2020 - 11:25 AM)

Please remember that in these times of social distancing, we'll always be together however far it seems.

@  wonko the sane? : (03 April 2020 - 12:41 PM)

It arrived! Yay!

@  wonko the sane? : (03 April 2020 - 11:25 AM)

Given how the virus lasts about 3-4 days on metals and plastics, it's about the only way to go about getting stuff right now. I ordered a monitor mount for my desk and the delivery has been pushed back twice already.

@  Maximus Ambus : (03 April 2020 - 11:04 AM)

He ordered it online, says it was to keep those delivery boys in business. I did the same a week ago with some Transformers Studio Series figures off Kapow. Don't know if it's wise or not considering.

@  wonko the sane? : (03 April 2020 - 09:12 AM)

You'd be the first. Everyone else has either been frustrated cause the one they wanted was sold out (like during boxing week.) or rushing to replace something broken.

@  RYNO : (03 April 2020 - 08:53 AM)

I actually walked into a store the other day and just randomly decided to buy at 32inch TV. It was just a Vizio, and grabbed a Mounting Bracket for it. No duress. Just a spur of the moment wanted a TV for my master bedroom.

@  wonko the sane? : (03 April 2020 - 07:31 AM)

Conversely: I've never met a person who wasn't buying a TV under duress... so... yeah.

@  wonko the sane? : (03 April 2020 - 07:20 AM)

I think I've met maybe two people other than myself who count cables before buying a TV.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (03 April 2020 - 05:33 AM)

Seriously.. HDMI splitters and switches are so bloody finicky, but most tvs don't have enough inputs.

@  Maximus Ambus : (03 April 2020 - 05:09 AM)

Just spent a hour trying to get my brothers new Samsung TV to read his Playstation and Blu Ray player only to find he was using a HDMI splitter.

@  Steevy Maximus : (02 April 2020 - 11:07 AM)

I could never master oral bullshittery. But in my day I was quite adept with the written word.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (01 April 2020 - 11:32 PM)

You have mastered the art of Bulljive. You must use this power only for good, or entertainment.

@  Sabrblade : (01 April 2020 - 08:58 PM)

This morning, for one of my online classes, I had to give a positive oral presentation about a play that I hated having to watch. I went into it completely unprepared and just winged it. My professor LOVED my presentation and thought it was excellent. She believed every word I said and honestly thought that I enjoyed that miserable play. Best April Fools ever!

@  ▲ndrusi : (01 April 2020 - 10:06 AM)

Happy Everyone Thinks They're A Comedian Now Day!

@  Donocropolis : (31 March 2020 - 05:45 AM)

Who, I might add, has never been photographed together with Byteman. Just sayin'.

@  Sabrblade : (30 March 2020 - 10:27 PM)

Bruce Wayne's cyberpunk cousin?

@  PlutoniumBoss : (30 March 2020 - 09:27 PM)

Laser Wayne

@  Sabrblade : (30 March 2020 - 09:08 PM)

Luther Unum

@  PlutoniumBoss : (30 March 2020 - 07:09 PM)

Or Lee Derwon.

@  Steevy Maximus : (30 March 2020 - 06:51 PM)

Not to be confused with Leader I

@  Steevy Maximus : (30 March 2020 - 06:50 PM)

He was Leader Uno

@  Steevy Maximus : (30 March 2020 - 06:50 PM)

He was the OTHER Leader 1

@  TheMightyMol... : (30 March 2020 - 06:29 PM)

Or Sideways.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (30 March 2020 - 05:26 PM)

On the other hand, this is Armada we're talking about. It could have actually been Metroplex.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (28 March 2020 - 11:08 PM)

Oh yeah, that was Fort Max. My bad.

@  LBD "Nyt... : (28 March 2020 - 09:12 PM)

https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Peritus_Maximus

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

The BotCon 2015 Super Thread

Botcon Botcon 2015

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
767 replies to this topic

#741 Fenix Twilight

Fenix Twilight
  • Citizen
  • 5252 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 01:46 PM

Those repaints are cool I think I really want the Optimus, Megatron and Shockwave there, but on this tiny screen I'm on I could hardly make out Starscream, and is that Brawn from a Warpath mold?

And the next pic I can see the Springer, Seaspray and RotF Knock Out molds, but no ideas for who they are.

#742 Spark

Spark
  • Citizen
  • 39394 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 03:02 PM

Maybe Hydra will have some closer up pics of them?

Posssssst the PowerPoint...  We wantsss it...

Fall of Cybertron will blow your mind. That is all.

#743 Fishbug

Fishbug

Coming out of my can and I've been doing just fine

• Citizen
  • 11943 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 03:05 PM

Zoom. Enhance. Kind of.

iwozmf.jpg

Can't really pick out any unique details on Wheeljack to peg him as any particular mold. Blaster might be one of the deluxe Ratchets? Bumblebee is a damn yellow mess. I'm going to go out on a limb and say RotF scout class Dead End?

mbjubm.jpg

25aputg.jpg
#WHERESINJECTOR

#744 gearshift

gearshift

insanely here for buff ROM

• Citizen
  • 2351 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 03:10 PM

LORD IMPERIOUS DELERIOUS FROM MINDWIPE
Please check out my Sonic the Hedgehog project on LEGO Ideas. I've been working on it for pretty much the last year and it's almost there, so any more votes would really help me out.

#745 Walky

Walky

King Kong Aventure Fudge

• Citizen
  • 40686 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 03:25 PM

Bumblebee looks like movie ROTF Dead End/Nightbeat to me.

#746 Spark

Spark
  • Citizen
  • 39394 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 03:39 PM

Zoom. Enhance. Kind of.

iwozmf.jpg

Can't really pick out any unique details on Wheeljack to peg him as any particular mold. Blaster might be one of the deluxe Ratchets? Bumblebee is a damn yellow mess. I'm going to go out on a limb and say RotF scout class Dead End?

I think "Bumblebee" there might be Swindle, as insane as that sounds.  It's damn hard to tell.

Actually, it that black dot in the center his chest or his face?  I'm having a hard time sorting out what's what with him.

Wheeljack might be Dune Runner.

Edited by Spark, 01 July 2015 - 03:48 PM.

#747 Fishbug

Fishbug

Coming out of my can and I've been doing just fine

• Citizen
  • 11943 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 03:48 PM

I considered Swindle, but seeing him in yellow in the other image, there's really no similarity between the two.

25aputg.jpg
#WHERESINJECTOR

#748 Jalaguy

Jalaguy

won't hold Six Shot upside-down.

• Citizen
  • 9628 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 03:50 PM

That's a green Skyhammer on the left in the second picture.

#749 Spark

Spark
  • Citizen
  • 39394 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 04:03 PM

I considered Swindle, but seeing him in yellow in the other image, there's really no similarity between the two.

I can't even make out where he starts and other characters end in the second image.

Edited by Spark, 01 July 2015 - 04:03 PM.

#750 Spark

Spark
  • Citizen
  • 39394 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 04:08 PM

Is Blaster a Real Gear Robot guy?  Looks like he might be Zoom Out or something, given the lack of kibble.

#751 Mighty Maximal

Mighty Maximal
  • Citizen
  • 1910 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 04:14 PM

I would rather have a sandy Coloured version of the Skyhammer/Drift/Sandstorm Mould but if Guess a greenish one would be OK too - I adore that mould so heck they can paint it red baron colours and I would still be happy.

#752 Cabooceratops

Cabooceratops

Girl Whomst Love Girls

• Citizen
  • 22857 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 04:43 PM

That's a green Skyhammer on the left in the second picture.

Seaspray to the right of him. Knockout in pink underneath Seaspray. I think the middle hero guy in red/blue/white is the Breacher mold. To the left of Breacher is the Swindle mold, it has the big door kibble bits on the arms, and the headlight pecs.

Underneath the Mindwipe redeco seem to straight inserts of various Decepticons from other movie toylines, from left to right: Vortex, Highbrow*, Terradive, Hailstorm, Skystalker 

Wheeljack's the Windcharger mold, the general features line up and if so I'm pretty sure his left hand is transformed into the magnet thing that Windcharger has. Blaster is the Brakedown mold, he has the right chest and the wheels on his shoulders.

*(I am absolutely certain it's Highbrow, but his inclusion among the Decepticons is weird.)

Edited by Cabooceratops, 01 July 2015 - 04:43 PM.

Like my art? I do commissions!! -> https://www.allspark...

#753 Mighty Maximal

Mighty Maximal
  • Citizen
  • 1910 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 04:50 PM

I suppose showing Megatron as Wreckage makes sense as he does look a bit like him anyway.

#754 gwynn

gwynn

squirt

• Citizen
  • 819 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 05:35 PM

I really like the idea of the Timelines Megatron figure. I hope that next year they will have a Timelines Sentinel Prime. But what mold would they use?

#755 Jenny

Jenny
  • Citizen
  • 23044 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 05:40 PM

Combiner Wars Hot Spot?

#756 LV!

LV!

A tendency to speak in jest

• Citizen
  • 18164 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 05:50 PM

Leader Magnus, with a big brash obnoxious giant blue and orange truck on the outside, and a tiny, spiteful, treacherous little bearded red guy on the inside.

#757 ▲ndrusi

▲ndrusi

Praise be to Stakeout.

• Supporter
  • 27163 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 06:57 PM

Combiner Wars Hot Spot?

Make him black with red paint, rather than red with black paint, and he'll look different from any prospective We Have A Fire Truck Let's Redeco Him Into All The Other Fire Trucks proposals.

#758 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nut

• Citizen
  • 29722 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 06:42 AM

Finally caught up with this thread!

I took coverage notes for eight panels and the Awards Dinner (they let me use my laptop with the promise of no video) here.

At the Club store on Thursday night, I asked Lanny Lathem about the white Waspinator redeco's deco, and he explained to me that, in addition to it being a VERY LOOSE homage to Bug Bite (which was repeated at the TCC magazine panel), it's also based on a particular real species of wasp, so it’s the one of the four that they wanted to stand out as more unique, being not directly based on a specific deco.

At the Hasbro booth, I asked about what the proper name for the RID Three-Step Changers/Hyperchange Heroes is, and "Three-Step Changers" is the correct name.

I was the one who recorded the online fandom panel video for Unicron.com (with Jason Lukis's phone), so as it was my first ever panel recording, that's why the camera work is so shaky and amateurish:

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#759 Defensis Prime

Defensis Prime

Multiversal Singularity-haters = puppykickers who belong on Junk

• Citizen
  • 1923 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 02:11 PM

shaky and amateurish

Describes the panel itself pretty well, honestly.

(Time better spent in the dealer room.)
-- L A S E R AUTOBOT LEADER DEFENSIS PRIME : Psychotic Completist®

"...Transformers should have retina-searing colorschemes--your eyes bleed after one glance..."

I'm putting together the full POWER OF THE PRIMES cardset, and I need your help to do it! For chances to win great customs from BotCon custom class leader Shawn Tessmann, visit StraightFromTheMatrix.com!

#760 Mighty Maximal

Mighty Maximal
  • Citizen
  • 1910 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 04:19 PM

I had previously been under the impression that the simplistic Voyager like size RID toys class was called "Hero" class.

But don't they call Grimlock "Stomp & Chomp" in the mobile phone game?

Which begs the question what the heck size is a Mega 5-step changer like Megatronus then? I'm guessing it's "Mega-Class"!

come to think of it where is the Warrior Class Megatronus that the Game promises ?

So if you want a more consistent naming focus I would guess it's something along these lines: 

Legion

1-Step (unless anyone has another suggestion)

Warrior

Hero (also know as 3-step Changers)

Titan (also know as Electronic Titan Hero)

Mega (also known as Mega One-step or Mega 3-step or Mega 5-step etc..)

Super (as in Super Bumblebee)

But they throw words like Mega, Titan & Hero around so much I don't think any of them stuck at all - I think these size classes will be mostly ignored - in a few years people might even forget that RID-15 "Deluxes" were called warrior Class just as a lot of people have got so used to Voyager class now they might not immediately think of Mega Class or Max-con .

I suspect a contemporary MEGA class is a bit bigger than a Beast Wars Mega though or even something from before the Beast Era that were called Mega too (that people might not remember they were) like Mega-Pretenders or the use of Mega in Machine Wars or some other places pre-beast era and even post Beast Era but before Voyager - Like Robots in Disguise's repaint based follow-on toyline for example.

I suppose it's way to late to hope for some consistency - but sometimes you can have fun with the old names mirroring the new - such as with the old Legends type Pretenders - amusingly having inner robots (sold away from the shells at one point) that are contemporary legends size - a amusement that only works now - but didn't really in the past when Legends was the old name for Legion.

RID's naming schemes must drive some toy buying parents potty though.