Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Paladin : (14 November 2018 - 12:18 PM)

not really. duck meat is fowl.

@  wonko the sane? : (14 November 2018 - 12:01 PM)

Couldn't we just cook the duck? I mean, it would be tastier...

@  MEDdMI : (14 November 2018 - 12:09 AM)

That is much less than a duck, therefore it also floats. BURN THE INTERNET! ((Although it's an old article, I was surprised to find a result))

@  MEDdMI : (14 November 2018 - 12:04 AM)

http://discovermagazine.com/2007/jun/how-much-does-the-internet-weigh

@  wonko the sane? : (13 November 2018 - 05:11 PM)

If thou knows how to weigh wireless signals, thou are surely more of a witch than I.

@  MEDdMI : (13 November 2018 - 01:26 PM)

Does it weigh the same as a duck?

@  wonko the sane? : (13 November 2018 - 12:26 PM)

Nay! Tis merely the miracle of WIFI!

@  MEDdMI : (13 November 2018 - 11:49 AM)

WITCHCRAFT!

@  wonko the sane? : (13 November 2018 - 11:40 AM)

Mwahahaha! I am writing this WIRELESSLY from my desktop!

@  unluckiness : (13 November 2018 - 10:28 AM)

yes.

@  Pennpenn : (13 November 2018 - 07:48 AM)

Is that nightmare fuel for wanking or nightmare fuel that is- actually you know what never mind.

@  TheMightyMol... : (13 November 2018 - 05:07 AM)

This is the Internet. Everything produces wanking nightmare fuel.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (13 November 2018 - 01:52 AM)

Yet both have produced wanking nightmare fuel. (Rule 34 is a harsh mistress)

@  fourteenwings : (12 November 2018 - 11:41 PM)

I don't know if "magic animals" and "mecha" abide by the same design principals.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (12 November 2018 - 09:20 PM)

PS4 controllers are crap. x.x;

@  Paladin : (12 November 2018 - 08:16 PM)

it took me way too long to realize that didn't actually say "wanking nightmare fuel."

@  NotVeryKnightly : (12 November 2018 - 08:14 PM)

I'm quite sure that directors don't make the designs because that would be ludicrous amount of work for a single person.

@  Noideaforaname : (12 November 2018 - 05:35 PM)

I guess "walking nightmare fuel" is an improvement...

@  Bass X0 : (12 November 2018 - 04:12 PM)

It’s something when the new Pokemon movie is completely accurate to the original source character designs than the Transformers movies. Michael Bay would have created hyper stylised redesigns of Pokemon and many completely new designs if he was doing it.

@  Maximus Ambus : (12 November 2018 - 01:54 PM)

RIP Stan Lee.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (12 November 2018 - 04:25 AM)

Ehh.. Except for a couple of people, the video game section isn't that bad.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (11 November 2018 - 08:27 PM)

It feels like this hasn't been said enough: anybody who cares what people at TFW does would surely just check there themselves.

@  Gryllid : (11 November 2018 - 06:50 PM)

And with the Seinfeld/Cyberverse names, the genders matched up, and some of them seem fitting enough ("Peterman" for a leader figure prone to dramatic pronouncements; "Puddy" for a big, strong, gruff guy, etc.)

@  Gryllid : (11 November 2018 - 06:46 PM)

Well, the codenames aren't completely random. Shatter and Dropkick were "Red Light" and "Blue Light", weren't they? Referencing their colors.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (11 November 2018 - 09:05 AM)

I'm sure the Hasbro logistics guy in charge of assigning the code names would be amused too, if he knew what TFW2005 was.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (11 November 2018 - 01:30 AM)

Yup. TFW2005.

@  Nevermore : (10 November 2018 - 02:57 PM)

Even though we have seen time and again that those names are just randomly applied names from whatever "theme" Hasbro has chosen for the respective line, with no intentional relation between code name and character.

@  Nevermore : (10 November 2018 - 02:57 PM)

I love how folks on TFW2005 still assume the code names for toys from new toylines are mystery games Hasbro has created for the fans, and thus are trying to interpret a meaning into those names to guess the character.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (09 November 2018 - 07:56 PM)

I haven't watched many eps yet... Mainly cause I've gotten where I just wait till seasons end and watch the whole thing.

@  RichardT1977 : (09 November 2018 - 07:23 PM)

I presume he's going to feature heavily in episode 15

@  RichardT1977 : (09 November 2018 - 07:20 PM)

And like I said in one of the discussion threads, his voice reminds me of the English dub of Alexander Armstrong from Fullmetal Alchemist

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (09 November 2018 - 07:20 PM)

Ahh, I ment shown up as a Main character yet, but I wasn't specific. :D

@  RichardT1977 : (09 November 2018 - 07:19 PM)

He showed up in "Maccadam's", and has at least been heard in a few other prior episodes.

@  abates : (09 November 2018 - 07:06 PM)

Yeah, he's shown up a couple of times.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (09 November 2018 - 07:01 PM)

I ment in the show.

@  Nevermore : (09 November 2018 - 06:38 PM)

Which one?

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (09 November 2018 - 05:31 PM)

Has Cyberverse Grim even showed up yet?

@  Paladin : (09 November 2018 - 05:26 PM)

now that it's out in the open, can I just say NuRID Grimlock is the most interesting version of the character in TWENTY YEARS?

@  Foffy : (09 November 2018 - 05:08 PM)

grimlock eats sloppily at olive garden (ASMR)

@  abates : (09 November 2018 - 05:07 PM)

Sorry, just had to get that off my chest.

It could have fit perfectly in Robots in Disguise too. Just have Grimlock waving a pool noodle around and give the line to Drift.

Underquoted Transformers: The Movie quotes: "Grimlock, get your noodle out of my face."

@  RichardT1977 : (09 November 2018 - 04:58 PM)

Yeah, IIRC Wilbur was a spring pig.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (09 November 2018 - 01:48 PM)

I read that as "First sow of the season" and I was about to say that I wasn't aware pigs were typically born in the winter.

@  Paladin : (09 November 2018 - 08:59 AM)

ugh. first snow of the season...

@  wonko the sane? : (09 November 2018 - 08:22 AM)

Shield agent, that's just nuts...

@  Pennpenn : (09 November 2018 - 03:56 AM)

Though there are rumours he's secretly a Pine.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (09 November 2018 - 01:15 AM)

Idea: in a universe wherein plant alt-modes are common, Maccadam transforms into a macadamia tree.

@  Waspinator : (08 November 2018 - 08:51 PM)

That apparently gets you the help you want. https://www.schlockm....com/2010-04-14

@  wonko the sane? : (08 November 2018 - 07:01 PM)

Eh, just conference call it to the suicide hotline AI.

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

The BotCon 2015 Super Thread

Botcon Botcon 2015

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
767 replies to this topic

#381 Dr Syn

Dr Syn

C-Cobra Commander Senpai...

• Citizen
  • 2761 posts

Posted 20 June 2015 - 06:10 PM

I do like Skylynx and the new Legends releases (lovely Shockwave).

Where there no new RiD legends shown?

Photobucket blows chunks

#382 Admiral Lilwall

Admiral Lilwall

Lilwall Leader

• Citizen
  • 1330 posts

Posted 20 June 2015 - 06:12 PM

Greatly looking forward to Takara doing a better Blast Off and Vortex

'Words do not win wars. That is a tragedy.'
Lilwall.net

#383 Fnu Aw

Fnu Aw

I like coffee!

• Staff
  • 36115 posts

Posted 20 June 2015 - 06:13 PM

More pictures from the display case.

B5ofTKU.jpg

#384 The Phazer

The Phazer

Pipes LIVES.

• Citizen
  • 12350 posts

Posted 20 June 2015 - 06:20 PM

Sky Lynx isn't bad. And legends Shockwave is neat.

That's pretty much it. Sigh. I wish these things were executed better. Brawl looks okay by virtue of being the hardest to screw up.

I really can't believe no one asked about Groove.

EDIT: I take it by the spectacular avoiding of the question when the Spark asked about why Platinum Blitzwing/Astrotrain were coloured as they were is that the answer is someone was drunk and really screwed up.

Edited by The Phazer, 20 June 2015 - 06:22 PM.

#385 Skids

Skids

Get your quest on.

• Supporter
  • 2048 posts

Posted 20 June 2015 - 06:47 PM

The reveals that been coming out this weekend.  Have just been amazing.  While it has been heavily playing on my nostalgic card.  The presentation and the approach of redoing everything with combiner concept and updated has been near perfect.  Their still flaws but Hasbro really thought this out well.  I have not been this excited for new transformers in general for quiet some time.  Where to began

Devastator:  Seeing the non stock toy image is huge.  Especially between the three versions. I can pass on SDCC due to the chrome.  But the fight with Hasbro and Takara version is going to be fierce. Definitely have to see the prices if its worth to go for the elbows.  which is going be tough since I normal favor Hasbro version on toys.

Combaticons:  So we get the confirmation Onslaught is Hot Spot remold and what remold.  Very well done.  Swindle, Brawl and Vortex look awesome.  They did good job with the new molds and redo for Vortex from the Alpha Bravo mold. Blast Off he's the big surprise.  I'm glad their willing to do something new to freshen him up by not having as a space shuttle.  Which always seem a bit odd with the group when they had earth vehicle molds. Plus having him as jet make more sense for combat.  Granted the slingshot head.  I have to think about it.  Was not expecting that but it may work.  Having a legends Shockwave is pure brilliance.  Nice tf history nod and just cool way to add a role play toy for the combiners.  Overall very well done on the whole team and any issue with Blastoff hopefully Takara can address for this who prefer spaceship and different head sculpt.  Plus is the running change just for Onslaught or all the Combaticons?

Optimus Maximus Team:  With the Battlecore Optimus Prime.  Going into this I was glad he wasn't the white Ultra Magus Repaint.  Where I'm glad they did a new head sculpt homage Star Convoy.  just to make it least feel different a tad.   While I will get at one point he won't be the priority buy per say.  His team on the other hand.  While I new they were coming up with G1 84 autobots as new combiner guys.  Seeing the actually  toy form reveal.  Really just brings it home in a way.  They look good especially Iron Hide who really needed the new toy.  The idea of doing characters they aren't combiners is a nice change pace. Which I'm glad Hasbro is willing to try.  Plus with the 84/85 guys from Sky Reign team.  You have a nice scale presence with the combiner limbs and the rest of the deluxes.  Where in g1 in seem like a crime that they toy wise the combiner limbs were always smaller then the main cars and jets.  Unlike their animation models. Play wise this just seem awesome.  Plus creativity wise you have combiner team vets dealing with new guys who aren't use to the tech.  So it shows bring sup new play ideas for this guys.  Granted I knew in few years we just went through generations version of Iron Hide, Prowl, Sunstreaker, and Mirage.  Its nice giving a new group of fans coming in the chance to get those characters and in way these our new gimmick since they combine unlike their generations which was transforming.  Lastly with Hot Rod seeing the Star Convoy homage with the head.  Makes Hot Rod's inclusion more impactful since he was a micromaster with Star Convoy so having a legends Hot Rod keeps homage going.

Sky Reign Team:  Hasbro here's is my money please take for exchange of product. Sly Lynx THAT IS JUST AWESOME.  No one saw that coming and they kept it so well hidden.  The update concept is pure win. From what we can tell focusing on the combine form of Sky Lynx for the main body and using the Lynx head for the combiner is brilliant.  Plus the fact he is few toys him or club have not touch in updates just make this sweeter.  I can't wait to get him.  Now his limb team.  I'm sucker for a good Smokescreen so I buy him in heart beat. With the limbs in general with updating older character as combiners.  The choice make sense mold wise and look good. With mold reuse and their popular character that want to keep active.  I can see the argument of some of them being too soon.  Mainly Trail Breaker but with going with what earlier its nice seeing them try new stuff with old characters and giving people a second chance with them.  Maybe the concept would have been look better ifold character chosen were all the ones used in G1 episode Masquerade.  Plus Wreck Gar gets some love with mini Wreck gar.

Sky Warp Leader: We got the trinity out of the way.  So yea.

Pipes:  We gets Pipes with an update.  Has Huffer head but still good.  I think this just leave 4 mini vechiles to get a small figure update with modern tooling.  Sea Spray, Outback, Hubcap, and Bumper Jumper.

Buzz Saw:  Were getting Buzz Saw first? Ok holding judgement until its confirm if he is stand alone or gimmick to go with an new Sound or the tease Blaster.

Chop Shop:  He's making a comeback.  Good choice on redeco for Shrapnel. Granted him being reuse begs the question.  Would Barrage be Bombshell redeco?

Mayhem Attack Squad:  The club final got me on  Figure Subscription stuff.  In the past while all the figure look great. and I wouldn't go wrong with getting them  But trying to balance what I really wanted justify expenditures.  I been normally just buying the one or two figure I really wanted from the subscription at Bigbadtoystore..  This year they got 5 of spot of stuff I can justify. I'm really loving this new combiner gimmick and their presenting five more figure with it.  With, Windsweeper, being a child hood toy favorite and target master for the 2 junior target master character. Really sells this plus add in this helps balance limp options for Decepticon side.  Oboy.  This just really seems great idea.  Plus for those who love the team idea on in the comics.  its just really good use of the Subscription idea.  The only thing that hurts it thou is two things.  Those who don't like the idea of non combiner being combiners and the club doing nother Spinister  3 to 4 years after previous Botcon version.  May not sit well.

G.I. Joes:  I would be more excited about these if I wasn't trying to phase out all my G. I. Joe toys. They look great. Marissa and Afterburner look good. Old Snake with Prime Soundwave as bats works great.  Plus we finally get the only human Arcee and Rhodimus.  Its stuff I will consider but not must buys per say given everything else that's coming out.  It really depends on the price on these.

Ramjet and SkyWarp: as the incentive and Club exclusive figures they look good.  Especially for those who want a good universe nod or continuing Armada homages.  So far it seems like good choice especially if the club plans to do armada Thundercracker in subscription or botcon toy.  what will break or make these toys is how the head fin is in vehicle mode.  robot mode looks but vehicle mold will tell.

Combiner War Hunters: Good seeing non stock toy images.  Defiently going to try to get them.

Female Combiner Team:  Victorion, like the name and the reveal comic art design.  Good we got confirmation what her components turn into.  Will probably get more infor about her at SDCC.

TITAN WARS:  Brain broke.  Too much joy overwhelming it. Blaster yes who might be battle station I can dig it.  Headmaster shuttle theirs so many ways go with that. Fort Max update.  Using new Metroplex body frame with retooling to match his IDW concept.  Add in Spike and Cerebros.  2016 going to be an epic year.

kbucmu.jpg

#386 Verity Carlo

Verity Carlo

trash meme goddess

• Citizen
  • 22272 posts

Posted 20 June 2015 - 07:14 PM

Woo, Ramjet!

And I actually kinda like the Mayhem guys. They're not perfect, but then look at all the revisions they did for Tarantulas. 

staring dog stares

doggie_zpsafvtedef.png

#387 NOIP

NOIP

No One In Particular

• Citizen
  • 2047 posts

Posted 20 June 2015 - 07:24 PM

That picture of vehicle mode Vortex looks like Airwolf to me.

And now I have the Airwolf theme stuck in my head...
While you live, shine/ Have no grief at all/ Life exists only for a short while/ And time demands an end. Seikilos Epitaph

#388 Tyranno

Tyranno

Let's not lose our heads

• Citizen
  • 34789 posts

Posted 20 June 2015 - 07:28 PM

near as I can tell Buzzsaw is some kind of rugged smartphone.

The iMurder.

"Disabled people donít have special needs. We have very reasonable human needs. Our needs include freedom from abuse, violence, and mistreatment, the right to autonomy and self-direction, the right to represent ourselves, equal opportunity for education and employment, the right to accommodation, and societal inclusion and acceptance.

The need for accommodation isnít a ďspecial needĒ. Itís a basic human right. Itís a leveling of the playing field that allows us the same opportunities and chances as non-disabled people."

- Amethyst Schaber, http://neurowonderful.tumblr.com/

#389 Verity Carlo

Verity Carlo

trash meme goddess

• Citizen
  • 22272 posts

Posted 20 June 2015 - 07:29 PM

Buzzsaw feels vaguely Real Gear Robot-ish.

staring dog stares

doggie_zpsafvtedef.png

#390 Jalaguy

Jalaguy

won't hold Six Shot upside-down.

• Staff
  • 9176 posts

Posted 20 June 2015 - 07:31 PM

I'm assuming that Buzzsaw's bizarre third buggy mode can be ridden by a Headmaster?

#391 Tyranno

Tyranno

Let's not lose our heads

• Citizen
  • 34789 posts

Posted 20 June 2015 - 07:35 PM

Third mode?

"Disabled people donít have special needs. We have very reasonable human needs. Our needs include freedom from abuse, violence, and mistreatment, the right to autonomy and self-direction, the right to represent ourselves, equal opportunity for education and employment, the right to accommodation, and societal inclusion and acceptance.

The need for accommodation isnít a ďspecial needĒ. Itís a basic human right. Itís a leveling of the playing field that allows us the same opportunities and chances as non-disabled people."

- Amethyst Schaber, http://neurowonderful.tumblr.com/

#392 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 16469 posts

Posted 20 June 2015 - 07:42 PM

Yeah. Bird. Device. Roller-tank thing.

Seeing the big clear stock promotion pics of Buzzsaw Hasbro has now released and even more confused than before.

The bird mode is slightly better than I thought. But really odd apparently somewhat motivated by the other two modes. But the PDA/I-Device/Digital Recorder whatever and the ground-roller mode and the particulars of how it looks to be engineered just seems so very odd if there isn't a very particular idea/gimmick we don't know motivating it.

ZacWilliam, it's really bugging me. I assume it's Titan Wars motivated somehow. Like Prime's design at last Botcon was weird because we didn't know he was a torso. I want to know what's up.

Edited by ZacWilliam1, 20 June 2015 - 07:43 PM.

Ever wonder about the speed of Turbofoxes?
Or the proverbial ailerons of Titanium Moosebots?

*Visit the one and only Cybertronic Bestiary.
For a mechazoologic tour of the mechanimals of Cybertron.

#393 Yami4ct

Yami4ct
  • Citizen
  • 151 posts

Posted 20 June 2015 - 07:58 PM

Any confirmation whether or not Sky Lynx can split, per his original G1 self? I've been staring at this thing for a while and I can't figure it out one way or the other. I assume no, but I don't see any reason why it wouldn't. 

#394 Bass X0

Bass X0
  • Citizen
  • 43830 posts

Posted 20 June 2015 - 08:00 PM

Maybe the concept would have been look better ifold character chosen were all the ones used in G1 episode Masquerade. 

Not really. They don't combine in Masquerade in their Autobot forms. Complete Menasor and then think of him as the Autobots in disguise. 

Just because you can't win doesn't mean you stop working.

#395 Blacknife

Blacknife

Never heard of it; never will

• Citizen
  • 5736 posts

Posted 20 June 2015 - 08:02 PM

Buzzsaws drone tank gives me hope for a Ravage drone mode that looks like that random one off black drone...

#396 MidnightFox

MidnightFox

Lunar Rabbit

• Citizen
  • 1242 posts

Posted 20 June 2015 - 08:06 PM

Buzzsaws drone tank gives me hope for a Ravage drone mode that looks like that random one off black drone...

I kinda want his 3rd mode to just be his BW humanoid cat Ravage form cause I doubt we're ever getting one again.

Edited by MidnightFox, 20 June 2015 - 08:06 PM.

#397 Fnu Aw

Fnu Aw

I like coffee!

• Staff
  • 36115 posts

Posted 20 June 2015 - 08:06 PM

I actually really like the 1984 bots. They've been done before, and these are just repaints with new heads, but I like them. Something about them just looks inviting. I would reach for most of those before their previous CHUG versions. The only exception is Hound, because the Universe one is perfect.

B5ofTKU.jpg

#398 Lisbon Virgo

Lisbon Virgo

My mosh pit is more fun than your mosh pit!

• Supporter
  • 4383 posts

Posted 20 June 2015 - 08:11 PM

Buzzsaw's device mode really reminds me of an Android cellphone, maybe one made by Casio. Shockwave looks wonderful. I'm wondering how Bruticus will hold him.
WHAT AM I REACTING TO AND IS ANGER APPROPRIATE?!

#399 NICK NEMESIS

NICK NEMESIS

Www.scatterville.com

• Supporter
  • 16377 posts

Posted 20 June 2015 - 08:12 PM

Sky Lynx can not split. His two halves are screwed together and his neck joint utilizes both sections. If there's a way to make it work it's messy.

Edited by NICK TYRANNO, 20 June 2015 - 08:12 PM.

Http://www.scatterville.com

#400 Blacknife

Blacknife

Never heard of it; never will

• Citizen
  • 5736 posts

Posted 20 June 2015 - 08:15 PM

Im assuming Shockwave will have landing gear\weapon post ala Powerglide. Hasbro cant risk anything bigger than that...