Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Ashley : (17 August 2019 - 02:30 AM)

They MIGHT have done it for Star Trek Online ships, but even if they have that'd be a fairly specific category.

@  Tieria Prime : (17 August 2019 - 02:11 AM)

Hi friends

@  Nevermore : (17 August 2019 - 02:05 AM)

So only if Viacom/Paramount has actively trademarked the term "multi-vector assault mode", offered goods or services under that name and has been offering those goods and services in recent years, Hasbro cannot offer goods or services under that name in the same category.

@  Nevermore : (17 August 2019 - 02:04 AM)

And they need to be consistently used on top of that.

@  Nevermore : (17 August 2019 - 02:03 AM)

Even if they are trademarked.

@  Nevermore : (17 August 2019 - 02:02 AM)

Words and terms used in dialogue shouldn't be affected.

@  Nevermore : (17 August 2019 - 02:02 AM)

Also, the trademarks only apply in commerce. You use them to identify goods and services.

@  Ashley : (16 August 2019 - 11:55 PM)

Yeah, you also need to apply for it. They might've never bothered to trademark that.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (16 August 2019 - 08:37 PM)

Trademark affects titles and product names, not every word in writing. For example, DC called their character "Captain Marvel" as recently as 2014.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (16 August 2019 - 08:30 PM)

You missed my point. I was addressing the usage of the phrase in dialogue. Hence the quotation marks.

@  Pennpenn : (16 August 2019 - 08:00 PM)

Well, they can anyway, they might just not be able to call it that...

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (16 August 2019 - 06:54 PM)

It would be awesome for Transformers to have the likes of Overlord and Sky Lynx "engage multi-vector assault mode!"

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (16 August 2019 - 06:53 PM)

It is a shame that "multi-vector assault mode" is probably trademarked for Star Trek.

@  unluckiness : (15 August 2019 - 10:54 PM)

Only if they manage to boomer-proof it

@  RichardT1977 : (15 August 2019 - 08:16 PM)

(and would that really be a bad thing?)

@  RichardT1977 : (15 August 2019 - 08:16 PM)

Wouldn't a cybernetic singularity actually remove one or more of the top levels of Maslow's hierarchy?

@  Steevy Maximus : (15 August 2019 - 07:40 PM)

Tomy made some strange selections on their first wave of Tomica releases for the US

@  TheMightyMol... : (15 August 2019 - 06:26 PM)

Resistance is futile.

@  wonko the sane? : (15 August 2019 - 06:20 PM)

I would be down for a nice cybernetic singularity if it meant we could actually reach the top of maslow's hierarchy.

@  Ashley : (15 August 2019 - 05:44 PM)

I'm pretty sure the origin of the villains in GaoGaiGar was a computer being told to reduce the stress of the population and it's answer was to assimilate everyone.

@  Maximus Ambus : (15 August 2019 - 01:53 PM)

Executions then followed by nano reanimation then cryonic suspension until everyone you know is deactivated for good so you can build happiness in a future society.

@  wonko the sane? : (15 August 2019 - 01:47 PM)

As opposed to the ones that lie already? As a civilization: we're emotional and socially broken. Might as well have the society that at least wants us to be "happy".

@  RichardT1977 : (15 August 2019 - 11:48 AM)

Or you'd have a lot of people lying about their emotional state to avoid being executed.

@  wonko the sane? : (15 August 2019 - 11:18 AM)

That would actually be a massive step up: since there's a LOT of stuff needed to quantify happiness, and it could only be an improvement over the existing governments which actually don't care if you live or die, never mind if you're "happy".

@  RichardT1977 : (15 August 2019 - 10:02 AM)

Happiness is mandatory, citizen. Failure to be happy is treason. Have a nice daycycle!

@  unluckiness : (15 August 2019 - 01:46 AM)

Maslow's hierarchy of needs

@  MrBlud : (14 August 2019 - 09:46 PM)

Humanity is pretty forgiving if you take care of its basic needs. "Freedom" and "Privacy" don't have much hold when you can't afford food, shelter, or medicine.

@  TheMightyMol... : (14 August 2019 - 03:29 PM)

Something something peace through tyranny.

@  Maximus Ambus : (14 August 2019 - 02:43 PM)

You probably will have a house, AI overseers will crack down on stress, poverty, homelessness and human administration.

@  Rycochet : (14 August 2019 - 02:36 PM)

The bad news is they'll probab;y be made and operated by Amazon so will record every single thing you do and transmit it to their datacenters so theycan have human operators sift through it and laugh at footage of you dancing in your socks or having intercourse.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (14 August 2019 - 02:32 PM)

What if I don't have a house by then?

@  wonko the sane? : (14 August 2019 - 02:32 PM)

If the robot will do the cleaning, I don't care if it's mandatory. I'm sick of moping floors.

@  Maximus Ambus : (14 August 2019 - 02:05 PM)

humanoid service robots, one for every house in the west. ETA: 2050. household robots will be mandatory.

@  Rycochet : (14 August 2019 - 02:03 PM)

All I know is it'd be tragic if those evil robots win. I know she can beat them.

@  TheMightyMol... : (14 August 2019 - 01:53 PM)

Big ones? Small ones? Ones as big as your head?

@  Rycochet : (14 August 2019 - 12:22 PM)

The robots are pink. Someone call Yoshimi!

@  wonko the sane? : (14 August 2019 - 11:11 AM)

Yeah, could you maybe be more specific? Are they good robots? Bad ones? Do they just want to take our jobs? We need more information to work out how we feel about them.

@  Benbot : (14 August 2019 - 11:03 AM)

which ones?

@  Maximus Ambus : (13 August 2019 - 11:24 AM)

Robots are coming....

@  wonko the sane? : (12 August 2019 - 07:14 PM)

my nephew showed me the cuphead rap, and now it's stuck in my head...

@  Hg Dragon : (12 August 2019 - 07:07 PM)

Hershey squirts. AKA diarrhea

@  Maximus Ambus : (12 August 2019 - 11:10 AM)

Scioli Cybertron has a paradox machine courtesy of Lord Umbra, a defence against Unicronus.

@  Pennpenn : (12 August 2019 - 09:16 AM)

Hershey Squirts? Is this going to be one of those questions it turns out I don't want to know the answer to?

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (12 August 2019 - 01:16 AM)

Breaking news from ALTernity Today: planet-monster found dead of OD

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (12 August 2019 - 01:15 AM)

Someone should tell multiversal Unicron to consume the reality of Scioli Transformers vs. G.I. Joe.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (12 August 2019 - 12:58 AM)

Lithone got its revenge. It gave the Chaos Bringer the Hershey Squirts.

@  Steevy Maximus : (11 August 2019 - 08:08 PM)

I guess the upcoming film "Don't Let Go" is a remake of Frequency but with cell phones instead of HAM radios?

@  Maximus Ambus : (11 August 2019 - 03:58 PM)

Lithone took a nibble first.

@  unluckiness : (11 August 2019 - 04:05 AM)

The time has come. Execute Patch 6.6

@  TheMightyMol... : (11 August 2019 - 02:57 AM)

This is why the Jedi had to be so brutally nerfed.

Photo
- - - - -

Transformers: Devastation

videogame leak G1

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
434 replies to this topic

#221 Blot

Blot

Grumble grumble complain grouse.

• Citizen
  • 8000 posts

Posted 30 September 2015 - 09:12 PM

Why.

#222 Tyranno

Tyranno

Let's not lose our heads

• Citizen
  • 35106 posts

Posted 30 September 2015 - 09:18 PM

God listening to those guys is like TFW in audio form.

"Disabled people donít have special needs. We have very reasonable human needs. Our needs include freedom from abuse, violence, and mistreatment, the right to autonomy and self-direction, the right to represent ourselves, equal opportunity for education and employment, the right to accommodation, and societal inclusion and acceptance.

The need for accommodation isnít a ďspecial needĒ. Itís a basic human right. Itís a leveling of the playing field that allows us the same opportunities and chances as non-disabled people."

- Amethyst Schaber, http://neurowonderful.tumblr.com/

#223 2019

Merciless.

• Citizen
  • 42884 posts

Posted 30 September 2015 - 09:21 PM

Yeah no thanks. I'll buy it myself in a week and record some commentary-free gameplay clips for the thread if people want that.

PM me if you're bored!

#224 Fishbug

Fishbug

Coming out of my can and I've been doing just fine

• Citizen
  • 11925 posts

Posted 30 September 2015 - 09:29 PM

Is that Daniel Tosh?

25aputg.jpg
#WHERESINJECTOR

#225 Benbot

Benbot

What a nerd

• Supporter
  • 5194 posts

Posted 30 September 2015 - 10:39 PM

Why do they keep cutting from shots of gameplay to show those guys' faces?

#226 HellCat

HellCat

Opinionated idiot

• Citizen
  • 28433 posts

Posted 30 September 2015 - 11:27 PM

Because Mike Matei loves himself.

#227 Strafe

Strafe

Secretary of Balloon Doggies

• Validating
  • 11525 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 01:00 AM

That's difficult to sit through. I got as far as "This is the Devastator people want! If you're listening, Michael Bay..." before I started clawing at my own face. The horror.

I'd like to not regret buying this, and it does look like there's some potential fun to be had, but the combat still looks preeeetty terrible.

#228 Sabrblade

Sabrblade
  • Citizen
  • 28294 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 01:10 AM

I sat through the whole thing. I want those 20mins, 33secs back.

They gush the game for how amazingly G1 it is while knocking on non-G1 things like the movies (they are the kindest to WFC and FOC, but still consider those not really G1 enough).

And they act like there's never been another G1 game before, despite acknowledging the Mystery of Convoy game's existence (tis a horrid game, yes, but it was still a G1 game), and act like they never heard of the Japanese PS2 G1 game (even if that game sucked).

The only complaint they had about the game was Megatron turning into a tank instead of a gun, but it was a minor thing for them and Shockwave's turning into a space gun seemed to be enough to make them forgive Megatron's non-gun altmode.

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#229 D Buster Prime

D Buster Prime

Timeout. Do I convert?

• Retired Staff
  • 25948 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 03:18 AM

I didn't mind the video. The guys have a strong buas towards G1, but there's nothing wrong with that, and they had more knowledge of other games/comics than a casual fan.

VOTE FOR SIDEWAYS:

He's on your side...except when he isn't!

Z7ACRD0.jpg

Spoiler

#230 Creature SH

Creature SH

Condimented

• Supporter
  • 6091 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 05:13 PM

I believe that this video may be more watchable.

Edited by Creature SH, 01 October 2015 - 05:14 PM.

j1GI7Gi.gif

#231 LV!

LV!

A tendency to speak in jest

• Citizen
  • 17413 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 05:24 PM

There must be a lot of people into these kinds of videos, because they are incredibly omnipresent, but I don't know or understand or value these people.

#232 Blot

Blot

Grumble grumble complain grouse.

• Citizen
  • 8000 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 06:13 PM

I don't mind or care about the whole Let's Play phenomenon, but I at least like it to happen after the game comes out first.

#233 Eneon

Eneon
  • Citizen
  • 6166 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 06:21 PM

I love let's plays, but I'm extremely particular about what I like in a host/player/commentator/whatever, and most of the popular ones don't do much for me.

I was going to buy this day one, but now I think I'm going to wait a bit and see what the DLC situation is.

#234 Tyranno

Tyranno

Let's not lose our heads

• Citizen
  • 35106 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 06:24 PM

I like how Brentalfloss thinks that going "G1 style" is a daring and original prospect.

"Disabled people donít have special needs. We have very reasonable human needs. Our needs include freedom from abuse, violence, and mistreatment, the right to autonomy and self-direction, the right to represent ourselves, equal opportunity for education and employment, the right to accommodation, and societal inclusion and acceptance.

The need for accommodation isnít a ďspecial needĒ. Itís a basic human right. Itís a leveling of the playing field that allows us the same opportunities and chances as non-disabled people."

- Amethyst Schaber, http://neurowonderful.tumblr.com/

#235 Sabrblade

Sabrblade
  • Citizen
  • 28294 posts

Posted 02 October 2015 - 12:37 AM

Brentalfloss's "picking up cars and doing silly things with them" jokes at least made me chuckle.

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#236 BlackMax

BlackMax

Turbonerd

• Citizen
  • 3022 posts

Posted 02 October 2015 - 04:36 AM

I'm kinda torn. On the one hand I'd kind of like to pre-order (even at this late point) and get some of the exclusive stuff with it, but on the other a new game's not exactly in the budget right now and it's not like waiting a couple weeks and ~not~ getting three character skins and weapons will likely hurt my experience.

Definitely going to own and play the hell out of it though. And probably re-enact scenes from it with my actual toys.

"Nobody is hugging me into feeling like church." -Destron

#237 Zodberg

Zodberg

The doctor is in.

• Citizen
  • 15421 posts

Posted 02 October 2015 - 06:50 AM

Let's Plays can be of use to people who want the experience of a game but don't want to fork out money for it and have no talent at playing games. I'm more of a speedrun guy myself since I value life.

Brentalfloss is poo because at Conbravo one year Greg was going to have a birthday dance (Greg is a DJ) but Brentalfloss had the dance room in the time before and Brental went on way too long and Greg didn't get to DJ for people on his birthday. Then the next day Greg and Brental ended up sitting next to each other during Mario Party so it was really awkward.

Woooo!

#238 HellCat

HellCat

Opinionated idiot

• Citizen
  • 28433 posts

Posted 02 October 2015 - 07:03 AM

Let's Players are their own microcosm of eventually believing their own hype way too much. Very few manage to become popular and yet stay humble.

#239 Mouse_Pad

Mouse_Pad

It's a nice day for a...

• Citizen
  • 9121 posts

Posted 02 October 2015 - 10:42 AM

All I want to know is if it's a good game that I should buy.

#240 Spectre

Spectre
  • Retired Staff
  • 10636 posts

Posted 05 October 2015 - 02:54 PM

My copy came a day early, though I won't be able to check it out until this evening.