Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  unluckiness : (22 August 2017 - 09:44 AM)

Nah, they could tell by the lack of the very distinctive dialogue delivery. They just didn't want to be mean.

@  Dracula : (22 August 2017 - 08:42 AM)

Moon base is fine. I knew the castle was a total loss so I gave Olrox my best cape and told him he could have the throne room. The damn belmonts couldn't tell the difference

@  Pennpenn : (22 August 2017 - 06:39 AM)

It's probably because that's a direct quote rather than an attempt to self censor

@  NotVeryKnightly : (22 August 2017 - 06:26 AM)

"shit" isn't filtered anymore

@  Donocropolis : (22 August 2017 - 05:51 AM)

Elvis doesn't do sh*t.

@  Pennpenn : (22 August 2017 - 03:38 AM)

Fine, though Elvis has a bit of a headache.

@  TheMightyMol... : (22 August 2017 - 03:27 AM)

How's his moon base?

@  Waspinator : (21 August 2017 - 11:02 PM)

Thankfully, Dracula's castle didn't escape the eclipse this time.

@  Nevermore : (21 August 2017 - 09:41 PM)

In retaliation, President Trump threatens to nuke the moon.

@  Nevermore : (21 August 2017 - 09:40 PM)

This just in: ISIS claims responsibility for the eclipse.

@  Diecast : (21 August 2017 - 06:09 PM)

Which left like a hundred disappointed middle schoolers.

@  Diecast : (21 August 2017 - 06:09 PM)

Where I'm located got 95% eclipse. Which lacked a worthwhile climax. I really should have driven into it, but I planned on going to my science teacher wife's school thing that got cancelled last minute.

@  TM2-Megatron : (21 August 2017 - 03:44 PM)

I was considering trying to get the day off for it and driving down south to the US far enough that I could see the total eclipse, but after looking into it it seems like there's another total eclipse coming up in 2024 where the totality will be visible just 45 minutes south-west of me, so I figure I'll wait it out

@  Bass X0 : (21 August 2017 - 03:30 PM)

don't worry, social media didn't.

@  MEDdMI : (21 August 2017 - 02:59 PM)

shoot... I forgot all about the eclipse.

@  TheMightyMol... : (21 August 2017 - 02:36 PM)

lewd

@  Bass X0 : (21 August 2017 - 01:30 PM)

i wanted a peek at the sun's peak too.

@  Noideaforaname : (21 August 2017 - 01:02 PM)

Just caught a peak of the 'bitten' sun. COOL!!

@  Noideaforaname : (21 August 2017 - 12:46 PM)

I got my cereal box eclipse viewer ready. Hopefully these clouds part...

@  Dracula : (21 August 2017 - 09:44 AM)

well I'm supposed to be permanently sealed in a dimensional rift today so I've gotta stay on guard

@  Diecast : (21 August 2017 - 09:38 AM)

Any of you nerds going outside today?

@  NotVeryKnightly : (21 August 2017 - 07:52 AM)

"Would have been?" Isn't he still on the Batgirl thing?

@  unluckiness : (21 August 2017 - 07:46 AM)

It probably wouldn't be worse but it sure would have been really samey to everything else he's done.

@  Paladin : (21 August 2017 - 06:42 AM)

i am still not convinced he could do a worse job with Batgirl than Bruce Timm already did.

@  Pennpenn : (21 August 2017 - 03:42 AM)

The thing to remember about Madman is that they are often more enthusiastic than they are reliable.

@  2017 : (21 August 2017 - 12:01 AM)

Yeah, I'm pretty surprised.

@  Maruten : (20 August 2017 - 10:13 PM)

This stuff I think. http://www.vulture.c...-hypocrite.html

@  Confuzor : (20 August 2017 - 10:05 PM)

The what now?

@  2017 : (20 August 2017 - 09:39 PM)

This news about Joss Whedon sure was a thing to wake up to.

@  Sabrblade : (20 August 2017 - 06:59 PM)

To back up to the original question about Scramble City's existence in regards to the English-language cartoon continuity, the pack-in comic that came with the Australian DVD boxed set released by Madman did feature a timeline of events that included a point in history titles "Scramble City", so that comic may at least want us to "pretend" that Scramble City happened in the cartoon continuity. But then again, that same comic also used the Marvel Comics' asteroid crisis as the true reason for the Ark's launch, and included the Beast Wars as being unambiguously part of this timeline, so make of that comic's timeline what you will.

@  NightViper : (20 August 2017 - 09:16 AM)

And unlike Takara's JG1 that has been steadily evolving and passing itself down from writer to writer in more-or-less smooth transition, anyone going back now to Hasbro's G1 does feel a bit more like changing history rather than reviving or continuing it.

@  NightViper : (20 August 2017 - 09:11 AM)

Editors at Fun Pub didn't feel it was right to try to "fix" or otherwise change or alter other writers' works. Which is why everything Fun Pub-written became its own stream (Animated was written by the same creative team as the show, so it's one of the very few stories still set in its original continuity). So rather than write words into the original creative team's mouths, Wings only sought to offer one possible solution to the Constructicons weirdness.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (19 August 2017 - 08:24 PM)

Too bad there weren't that many Wings stories. On the other hand, JG1 is still continuing with stories!

@  Spacewarp : (19 August 2017 - 06:10 PM)

Wings is obviously not cartoon continuity, but is heavily indebted to it.

@  Spacewarp : (19 August 2017 - 06:09 PM)

Basically what my original point was that continuities based on the original cartoon but not actually a part of it have used what Pennpenn originally said.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (19 August 2017 - 05:42 PM)

I get what you mean, but the wording is awful. It's not possible for Wings to "alter" or "destroy" something it was never part of, nor really interacted with.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (19 August 2017 - 05:40 PM)

It didn't "alter the existing continuity". It's an entirely new one that left the cartoon's continuity exactly as it ever was.

@  Bass X0 : (19 August 2017 - 05:24 PM)

didn't it take the original cartoon continuity but change parts of it to make a new continuity? i said i'd have preferred it stayed within the original cartoon continuity instead of altering the existing continuity. thats what i would have done. stories would have been written around the existing stories.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (19 August 2017 - 04:24 PM)

Wings can't "destroy it even further" when it was never the cartoon continuity in the first place.

@  TheMightyMol... : (19 August 2017 - 03:57 PM)

The problem is that it isn't really fixable without redoing it from the ground up. Or going into insane retcons and rewrites, which A) is about the same thing, and B) is kinda Takara's thing.

@  Bass X0 : (19 August 2017 - 03:22 PM)

I find its better to fix a broken continuity than to destroy it even further.

@  TheMightyMol... : (19 August 2017 - 03:06 PM)

The cartoon couldn't even stay consistent with the cartoon, so why worry when something else can't, either?

@  Bass X0 : (19 August 2017 - 02:53 PM)

I never connected with the whole "Wings is similar to the cartoon continuity but several things are different" thing they had going on. they should really have done it so that it stayed in continuity with the cartoon but focused on the off-screen events prior, during and after the cartoon stories.

@  unluckiness : (19 August 2017 - 10:42 AM)

Not like it's ever relevant anyway.

@  Pennpenn : (19 August 2017 - 10:00 AM)

I mean, it doesn't make sense otherwise, regardless of how official particular fiction is.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (19 August 2017 - 09:57 AM)

Wings is officially not really cartoon continuity, though.

@  Spacewarp : (19 August 2017 - 09:55 AM)

@Pennpenn: There is some fiction that does actually use the whole "they were rebuilt on Earth" explanation. The Fun Pub Wings stuff comes to mind.

@  Pennpenn : (19 August 2017 - 08:36 AM)

Oh absolutely

@  unluckiness : (19 August 2017 - 05:00 AM)

point is, the cartoon's continuity was hugged to begin with.

@  Pennpenn : (19 August 2017 - 03:53 AM)

My brain usually parses that as "Constructicons built him on contract or something so weren't evil then, and Megatron meant rebuilt in Heavy Metal War". Yeah it's a stretch, but whatever

Photo

All-New, All-Different Marvel (Spoilers for post-Secret Wars)

519 replies to this topic

#41 Silent_Magnus

Silent_Magnus
  • Citizen
  • 5962 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 29 June 2015 - 08:50 PM

I wasn't aware of why this info was happening until after I posted the Venom thing.

I bet someone's not happy this all leaked so soon before SDCC.

Edited by Silent_Magnus, 29 June 2015 - 08:50 PM.

#42 Sockie

Sockie
  • Citizen
  • 1697 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 29 June 2015 - 09:21 PM

None of this was going to be announced at SDCC, it's all from the preview magazine coming out on Wednesday.

#43 Undead Scottsman

Undead Scottsman

THANOSCOPTER

• Citizen
  • 10070 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 10:27 PM

Stolen from another forum

45 Titles 

All-New, All-Different Avengers by (W) Mark Waid (A) Mahmud Asrar and Adam Kubert "Earth's Mightiest Most Dedicated Heroes."
A-Force by (W) G. Willow Wilson (A) ???
Uncanny Avengers by (W) Garry Duggan (A) Ryan Stegman “Fighting for Humanity, Inhumanity, Mutants... and Deadpool.”
New Avengers by (W) Al Ewing (A) Gerado Sandoval “Avengers Idea Mechanics. We AIM to help.”

Squadron Supreme by (W) James Robinson (A) Leonard Kirk "Sole survivors of their own worlds, they'll do ANYTHING to protect this one.
Agents of SHIELD by (W) Marc Guggenheim (A) Mike Norton "Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer."
Howling Commandos of SHIELD by (W) Frank Barbieri (A) Brent Schoonover “To fight the monster of the world… we need the monsters of the night!”
The Illuminati bu (W) Josh Williamson (A) Shawn Crystal "Forever Evil"
The Ultimates by (W) Al Ewing (A) Kenneth Rocafort "Ultimate problems need Ultimate solutions.”

Guardians of The Galaxy by (W) Briand Micheal Bendis (A) Valero Schiti "The racoon's in Charge"
Star Lord by (W) Sam Humphries (A) ??? "Feels like the first time. Feels like the very first time.”
Drax by (W) CM Punk (A) Ed McGuinness "Best in the Galaxy"
Nova by (W) Sean Ryan (A) Cory Smith "The Family Business..."

Sam Wilson, Captain America by (W) Nick Spencer (A) Daniel Acuna “Who do you stand with?”
Invincible Iron Man by (W) Brian Bendis (A) David Marquez
The Mighty Thor by (W) Jason Aaron (A) Russel Dauternan “The flesh may be weak but the thunder is strong.”
Captain Marvel by (W) Tara Butters and Michele Fazekas (A) Kris Anka "Captain Marvel rises"
The Totally Awesome Hulk by (W) Greg Pak (A) Frank Cho
Ant-Man by (W) Nick Spencer (A) Ramon Rosanas "Once a criminal...?"
Vision by (W) Tom King (A) Gabriel H Walta "A brold new Vision for the Marvel Universe."
Scarlet Witch by (W) James Robinson (A) ??? "Seeing Red"
Hawkeye by (W) Jeff Lemire (A) Ramon Perez "Hawkeye vs. Hawkeye"
Ms Marvel by (W) G Willow Wilson (A) Takeshi Miyazawa and Adrian Alphona "CRUSHED IT."

Angela: Asgard’s Assassin by (W) Marguerite Bennett (A) Kim Jacinto and Stephanie Hans “Hel hath a new fury.”
Venom: Spaceknight by (W) Robbie Thompson (A) Areil Olivetti “Sometimes a hero needs a little space...”
Daredevil by (W) Charles Soule (A) Ron Garney “The devil’s apprentice”
Doctor Strange by (W) Jason Aaron (A) Chris Bachalo "Some surgery requires a scalpel- some, an axe."
Howard the Duck by (W) Chip Zdarsky (A) Joe Quinones "Howard, uh, gets a new hat..."

Amazing Spider-Man (W) Dan Slott (A) Giuseppe Cammuncoli “Your friendly neighborhood just got bigger”
Spider-Man by (W) Brian Bendis (A) Sara Pichelli "Welcome to the Marvel Universe, Miles Morales.  Hope you survive the experience!"
Spider-Gwen by (W) Jason Latour (A) Robbi Rodriguez “The secret history of Gwen Stacy and Peter Parker.”
Spider-Woman by (W) Dennis Hopeless (A) Javier Rodriguez “Parent by day. Hero by night.”
Carnage by (W) Gerry Conway (A) Mike Perkins "Descent into madness..."
Silk by (W) Robbie Thompson (A) Stacey Lee "The Sinister Silk"
Spider-Man 2099 (W) Peter David (A) Will Sliney "Smack to the Future"
Web Warriors by (W) Mike Costa (A) David Baldeon “Defending the spider-verse”

Uncanny Inhumans by (W) Charles Soule (A) Steve McNiven "The silence is broken."

Karnak by (W) Warren Ellis (A) Gerado Zaffino “The flaw in all things”

All-New X-Men by (W) Dennis Hopelss (A) Mark Bagely “On a mission to make their own future”

Extraordinary X-Men by (W) Jeff Lemire (A) Humberto Ramos “Still hated. Still feared. Still standing.”

Uncanny X-Men by (W) Cullen Bunn (A) Greg Land “Bigger threats require more threatening X-Men.”
Old Man Logan by (W) Jeff Lemire (A) Andrea Dorrention “Older. Wiser. Sharper.”
All-New Wolverine by (W) Tom Taylor (A) David Lopez "Best there is at what she does"
Deadpool by (W) Gerry Duggan (A) Mike Hawthrone “More Deadpool than you wanted.”

Contest of Champions by (W) Al Ewing (A) Paco Medina "When heroes gather..."

This imgur account has pics for everything but Invincible Iron Man, The Totally Awesome Hulk and A-Force
http://imgur.com/a/Vxmh9

Edited by Undead Scottsman, 29 June 2015 - 10:57 PM.

MSzBav1.jpg

#44 Internet Jesus

Internet Jesus

Run.

• Citizen
  • 21235 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 30 June 2015 - 12:10 AM

Avengers Idea Mechanics sounds spectacular. I'm on board for a lot of these.

EDIT: The new Spidey 2099 costume looks absolutely amazing.

EDIT: AIMvengers has Sunspot, Hulkling, Wiccan, Hawkeye, Songbird (AN AVENGER, FINALLY!) and Squirrel Girl.

Edited by Internet Jesus, 30 June 2015 - 12:16 AM.

#45 Daith

Daith

United, our roar will level Mountains!

• Supporter
  • 7766 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 12:30 AM

Slightly surprised Silk isn't the Mama Spider considering how frisky she'd get around Pete.

But Venom: SpaceKnight?! Weird way to spell Rom.

No FF and no sign of Reed or Susan

So is that Amadaues in the New Avengers in the AIM suit?

Seems like Parker Industries isn't hurting despite the former building destruction pre Secret Wars. Is Pete going to be the Super Spy Gadget Spider Man?

X titles are going strong but The classic X-boys and X-23 going for a route 66 trip in VW Van? Okayyyyy.....

Love the Howard the Duck cover with all the Hat easter eggs. Blabbering Blatherskite!

3DS Friend Codes : 1633-4354-6578 and 4270-3512-2442 Username: Daith (on both) Pokemon profiles - Trainer Name: X-Phil, Y-Emma Lynn, OR- Mara, AS- Ron Nintendo WiiU ID: Daithirian

#46 Undead Scottsman

Undead Scottsman

THANOSCOPTER

• Citizen
  • 10070 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 12:54 AM

Slightly surprised Silk isn't the Mama Spider considering how frisky she'd get around Pete.

But Venom: SpaceKnight?! Weird way to spell Rom.

No FF and no sign of Reed or Susan

So is that Amadaues in the New Avengers in the AIM suit?

Seems like Parker Industries isn't hurting despite the former building destruction pre Secret Wars. Is Pete going to be the Super Spy Gadget Spider Man?

X titles are going strong but The classic X-boys and X-23 going for a route 66 trip in VW Van? Okayyyyy.....

Love the Howard the Duck cover with all the Hat easter eggs. Blabbering Blatherskite!

Silk was only like that around Pete due to "spider pheremones"

That's Sunspot in the AIM suit.  He bought out AIM during Hickman's Avengers/New Avengers run and turned them into a force for good.

MSzBav1.jpg

#47 Silent_Magnus

Silent_Magnus
  • Citizen
  • 5962 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 08:27 AM

Are the spider-books allowed to use the "Hope you survive the experience!" line?

Does having that recent crossover with the X-men give Miles special clearance? 

I liked Karnak all right from what I saw of him,(Mainly from all of the modern cosmic stuff the Inhumans were involved in)

but I don't get why he's looking all edgy here.

#48 Undead Scottsman

Undead Scottsman

THANOSCOPTER

• Citizen
  • 10070 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 11:36 AM

Karnak plunged to his death from the top of Avengers tower, so I imagine however he survived that or came back to life from that left a mark.

MSzBav1.jpg

#49 Wildwade

Wildwade

No, no. Finish sounding dumb, I'll wait.

• Citizen
  • 2186 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 30 June 2015 - 01:37 PM

Songbird finally gets to be an Avenger, that's nice.  Now bring back Genis-Vell and have him join too so Kurt Busiek can be all "TOLD YOU SO!!!"

#50 Sockie

Sockie
  • Citizen
  • 1697 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 01:45 PM

The premise for the Vision book sounds... weird. And not in a good way.

#51 skankerzero

skankerzero

Back in Austin!!

• Citizen
  • 7439 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 04:32 PM

I don't read Marvel, but this image alone interests me. I may pick it up when I learn more about the plot.

All-New_X-Men.jpg?1435674626

-----------
jesse sosa
owner / creative director
Dinosaur Games
studio art director
Samsung

#52 Ruler Bulon

Ruler Bulon
  • Citizen
  • 2400 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 04:42 PM

Karnak plunged to his death from the top of Avengers tower, so I imagine however he survived that or came back to life from that left a mark.

He recently returned to life by punching his way out of the Inhuman afterlife, which also happened to be inside of another dude. It was gross.

I'm mean to the core...I got meanness oozing out of every pore.

#53 Shadewing

Shadewing

Evil faces a Black Night

• Supporter
  • 33212 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 05:11 PM

He recently returned to life by punching his way out of the Inhuman afterlife, which also happened to be inside of another dude. It was gross.

So long as its not the reason for all the realities collapsing like the last comic character to punch their way out of death, I'm fine with that.

3DS Friend Code: 0387-9040-3532

Twitch Channel

Youtube Replays

VOTE for what I play on 8/30!

Friday: Sonic Generations - Sunday: Transformers WFC - Tuesday: Little Inferno

#54 Confuzor

Confuzor

They put em in Smash Bros!!!!

• Supporter
  • 6793 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 05:31 PM

I don't know from Songbird, but her design is awesome!

Also, I saw some more designs on Peter Parker's new Spidey outfit. I'm not too keen on the green glow of the new (nifty) logo, but I'm totally digging the way the blue tapers into the red on both his wrists/forearms and ankles/calves.  Feels like a better implementation of the strange design element on Spider-Gwen's inner arms and ribcage. Still don't know why Spidey needs a vehicle tho...

I'm a little behind on the goings on with Marvel, I know Secret Wars is bringing together different realities and mashing them together. Am I correct in assuming all of these books are going to me a new amalgam of those disparate realities in one singular world, or are we simply focussing on different, but similar realities here? Cuz like Captain Marvel and Venom sure seem like they're in a handful of books each. Drax is in Guardians and his own book as well.

Edited by Confuzor, 30 June 2015 - 05:33 PM.

#55 Undead Scottsman

Undead Scottsman

THANOSCOPTER

• Citizen
  • 10070 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 06:55 PM

I don't know from Songbird, but her design is awesome!

Also, I saw some more designs on Peter Parker's new Spidey outfit. I'm not too keen on the green glow of the new (nifty) logo, but I'm totally digging the way the blue tapers into the red on both his wrists/forearms and ankles/calves.  Feels like a better implementation of the strange design element on Spider-Gwen's inner arms and ribcage. Still don't know why Spidey needs a vehicle tho...

I'm a little behind on the goings on with Marvel, I know Secret Wars is bringing together different realities and mashing them together. Am I correct in assuming all of these books are going to me a new amalgam of those disparate realities in one singular world, or are we simply focussing on different, but similar realities here? Cuz like Captain Marvel and Venom sure seem like they're in a handful of books each. Drax is in Guardians and his own book as well.

Secret Wars is basically chunks of various realities smashed together into a planet; so there's multiple Wolverines and Hulks and what not running around.  We don't know the specifics of how we'll go from Secret Wars to All-New, All-Different, but its looking like it's just going to be the pre-Secret Wars marvel universe with a few extras.  Thor is still a woman, Sam is still Cap, Wolverine is still dead.  But now Miles Morales and Old Man Logan are hanging out.  Spider-Gwen is still chilling in her own universe, so there's more than just the main Marvel universe after Secret Wars, but (for example) the Drax and Venom that are on the Guardians of the Galaxy are the same Drax and Venom who are in their solo books. (Much like, how, back in the day, Wolverine was on the Avengers, a billion X-teams and had a solo book as well.)

MSzBav1.jpg

#56 Internet Jesus

Internet Jesus

Run.

• Citizen
  • 21235 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 01 July 2015 - 01:00 AM

I really love that Peter's new boots evoke Ben Reilly's Spidey outfit.

It's little touches like that that make me glad Alex Ross is still a fanboy and not jaded after all these years.

I don't read Marvel, but this image alone interests me. I may pick it up when I learn more about the plot.

Dennis Hopeless is probably one of the most polarizing writers at Marvel today. I still don't like that a few of the characters he killed in his Avengers Arena series haven't been revived yet but there's Secret wars for that, so...

#57 Year Zero

Year Zero

New dawn rises. Behold the Lord of flies.

• Supporter
  • 31190 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 07:04 AM

Okay, I am absolutely on board for Thor, Extraordinary X-Men, The Vision, Captain Marvel, Squadron Supreme, and Wolverine.

"Don’t you see? Violence doesn’t end violence. It extends it." - The Tenth Doctor

#58 Silent_Magnus

Silent_Magnus
  • Citizen
  • 5962 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 09:50 AM

Before Secret Wars I was mainly just buying Ms Marvel and Squirrel Girl. After Secret Wars it seems like it is going to be Ms Marvel and Venom: Spaceknight.

For the rest I'll probably wait until they're on Marvel Unlimited depending on how they are received.

I don't have a ton of money to spend on comics, and most of it goes to IDW.

#59 Spark

Spark
  • Citizen
  • 35594 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 01:29 PM

Other than the Spider-people overload (Carnage?  Really?), this looks like a waaaaay more competent soft reboot than New 52 ever did.

Fall of Cybertron will blow your mind. That is all.

#60 Silent_Magnus

Silent_Magnus
  • Citizen
  • 5962 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 01:52 PM

Carnage has been oddly present and getting his own books for awhile now. Seems like he always has a mini-series or something on the horizon.

Carnage(2010)

Carnage, USA

The Minimum Carnage crossover with Agent Venom, Scarlet Spider, and the Microverse.

Superior Carnage

Deadpool vs Carnage

Axis: Carnage

So much Carnage.

Edited by Silent_Magnus, 01 July 2015 - 01:57 PM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users