Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Nevermore : (10 December 2018 - 02:49 PM)

It's completely pointless... whch is exactly the point. Hundreds of workers showing up 50 minutes before their shift is over.

@  Nevermore : (10 December 2018 - 02:49 PM)

We're on strike until midnight tomorrow (Tuesday->Wednesday). Which means I will clock in at midnight and work until my shift is over... 50 minutes later.

@  Nevermore : (10 December 2018 - 02:48 PM)

Hahaha, awesome.

@  Cybersnark : (09 December 2018 - 09:36 PM)

But The Pillows prefer to kill you with Poison Rock'N'Roll

@  Rodimus Supreme : (09 December 2018 - 10:23 AM)

Pillows can kill you softly.

@  Pennpenn : (09 December 2018 - 07:26 AM)

His song.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (09 December 2018 - 05:34 AM)

But is anything killing you softly?

@  Pennpenn : (09 December 2018 - 03:03 AM)

Oh don't be ridiculous. Some things are killing us quickly!

@  Rodimus Supreme : (08 December 2018 - 10:46 PM)

Isn't everything just killing us all slowly?...

@  wonko the sane? : (08 December 2018 - 09:23 PM)

Except the planet of junk actually fosters life, as opposed to the garbage patch which is just killing us all slowly.

@  RichardT1977 : (08 December 2018 - 11:11 AM)

I realized the other day that the Planet of Junk/Junkion is the interstellar counterpart to the Great Pacific Garbage Patch.

@  unluckiness : (08 December 2018 - 08:56 AM)

awards are a joke to begin with. One for video games makes it twice so.

@  TheMightyMol... : (08 December 2018 - 03:21 AM)

Sorry, I had beans.

@  Waspinator : (07 December 2018 - 11:50 PM)

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. In one Age, called the Third Age by some, an Age yet to come, an Age long past, a wind rose in the Mountains of Mist. The wind was not the beginning. There are neither beginnings nor endings to the turning of the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (07 December 2018 - 10:33 PM)

Always hopeful yet discontent, he knows changes aren't permanent, but change is!

@  Pennpenn : (07 December 2018 - 07:16 PM)

Nonsense. Everything changes, the cycle is an illusion.

@  Waspinator : (07 December 2018 - 07:03 PM)

Turning, turning, turning through the years. Minutes into hours, and the hours into years. Nothing changes, nothing ever can. Round about the roundabout. Round and round and back where you began!

@  Pennpenn : (07 December 2018 - 06:56 PM)

The change was you got something off your wishlist. Be happy about that if nothing else!

@  wonko the sane? : (07 December 2018 - 02:09 PM)

I finally got something off my steam wishlist! but managed to add another title immediately: so there was no change. Dang it.

@  Dekafox : (07 December 2018 - 01:46 PM)

They're the thieves everyone is talking about though!

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (07 December 2018 - 11:06 AM)

Wrong Phantom thieves!

@  Dekafox : (07 December 2018 - 11:04 AM)

I thought they were just trying to take the Lupin Collection pieces

@  MEDdMI : (07 December 2018 - 09:25 AM)

damn you Phantom Thieves and your "Take Your heart wallet" motto!

@  MEDdMI : (07 December 2018 - 09:23 AM)

@Tm_Silverclaw whaaaaa????? :o *sees trailer* AAAAARRGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

@  unluckiness : (07 December 2018 - 03:15 AM)

Great, Waspinator got exploded again.

@  Waspinator : (07 December 2018 - 02:39 AM)

Taka, Tora, Batta: Ta-To-Ba! Tatoba, Ta-To-Ba!

@  unluckiness : (07 December 2018 - 12:08 AM)

cyclone

@  Waspinator : (06 December 2018 - 11:39 PM)

that is super weird

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (06 December 2018 - 11:32 PM)

My brain broke!

Joker... From Persona 5... In Smash....

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (06 December 2018 - 10:25 PM)

That doesn't suprise me.. I'm more waiting for Rockstar to pull a Bethesda.

@  Steevy Maximus : (06 December 2018 - 09:46 PM)

Red Dead is running wild over the Game Awards. More than a few have been awarded where I don't feel they should have won.

@  Steevy Maximus : (06 December 2018 - 09:11 PM)

Marvel Ultimate Allience 3 Switch Exclusive for 2019!?

@  unluckiness : (06 December 2018 - 08:57 AM)

The red plastic holding it together kinda worries me. It's the gummi kind of clear plasstic andmoving it feels uncpomfortably close to tearing.

@  Shrug : (06 December 2018 - 08:17 AM)

Yeah, that happened to mine a few weeks ago. Common problem.

@  Pennpenn : (06 December 2018 - 08:05 AM)

Oh for cryin' out loud, the yellow part on the back hinge of my TR Weirdwolf broke. Bleh. At least the red is still there I guess.

@  unluckiness : (06 December 2018 - 04:59 AM)

Man, I still haven't gotten past Rock Tunnel.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (06 December 2018 - 03:28 AM)

You know nothing.. NOTHING! Eevee is our lord and savior! He will give us the cuteness we need! ;) No seriously.. Both Pika and Eevee in the games are way OP and Eevee can learn elemental moves to replace evolving.

@  TheMightyMol... : (06 December 2018 - 03:22 AM)

It's cute, what other point does it need?

@  Pennpenn : (06 December 2018 - 03:17 AM)

I can get Pikachu not evolving, the species has had decades of not evolving. But Eevee without evolution seems... pointless?

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (06 December 2018 - 03:15 AM)

Neither can Pikachu... And you don't need Eevee to evolve!

@  TheMightyMol... : (06 December 2018 - 03:15 AM)

Neither of them can evolve as starters.

@  Pennpenn : (06 December 2018 - 02:30 AM)

Also damn it my mouse wheel broke. What a pisser.

@  Pennpenn : (06 December 2018 - 02:30 AM)

It can't evolve.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (06 December 2018 - 02:29 AM)

How dare you! You KNOW Eevee is the obvious choice!

@  wonko the sane? : (05 December 2018 - 05:48 PM)

Finished mine a few days ago, and just bought myself (I really shouldn't have, but did anyway.) let's go pikachu with the pokeball.

@  Cybersnark : (05 December 2018 - 03:47 PM)

Mostly. There's a book en route to my mom's house from the UK and I don't know if it'll arrive before January.

@  Cybersnark : (05 December 2018 - 03:46 PM)

Christmas shopping: complete.

@  RichardT1977 : (05 December 2018 - 12:37 PM)

(which would lead to a bunch of bad jokes about him selling a line of cashews, almonds, and pecans)

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (05 December 2018 - 12:37 PM)

That would make sense per the precedent of Kamen Rider OOO ("Kamen Raidā Ōzu").

@  RichardT1977 : (05 December 2018 - 12:35 PM)

Wouldn't it be pronounced "Kamen Rider D's"?

Photo
* * * * - 3 votes

Rook & Andromeda on Facebook

5784 replies to this topic

#41 Kil

Kil
  • Supporter
  • 9365 posts

Posted 10 May 2015 - 02:23 PM

If Sideways has an identity other than "Sideways, a dude from Planet X" I'm pretty sure my head will explode.

#42 Verity Carlo

Verity Carlo

trash meme goddess

• Citizen
  • 22344 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 10 May 2015 - 02:30 PM

well i mean the whole buisness and well look can we just get an outright statement every sideways is the same dude already

staring dog stares

doggie_zpsafvtedef.png

#43 Jim S

Jim S

Evil Genius

• Citizen
  • 1656 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 10 May 2015 - 02:36 PM

is sideways identity one of them?

please tell me it is

You can expect Vector Sigma to elaborate on that subject.

No, Sideways' identity is in the last Hot Shot's Bot Thoughts.

Excellent!

-JimS

#44 gearshift

gearshift

insanely here for buff ROM

• Citizen
  • 2305 posts

Posted 10 May 2015 - 03:07 PM

Please don't be playing with my heart strings.

Falling in love with a B-lister character is tough. Falling in love with a very specific interpretation of an extremely polarising B-lister character who creators for the franchise are bound to mess with more and more and more as time goes by is outright terrifying because you never know whether he's going to be Tarantulas or Reverb or some other B-lister character who doesn't share the name, thereby Ruining Transformers Forever as any change whatsoever is bound to do.

I am prepared to go and translate any Complete Allspark Almanac content on the matter in order to be able to sleep at night.

Edited by Gearshift, 10 May 2015 - 03:08 PM.

#45 Walky

Walky

A bigger physique than a gorilla captain

• Citizen
  • 39151 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 10 May 2015 - 03:09 PM

I would remain calm.  My mantra is always "don't break anything."

I can't speak for Jim's mantra, though.  I think his is the opposite.

#46 LV!

LV!

A tendency to speak in jest

• Citizen
  • 16121 posts

Posted 10 May 2015 - 03:40 PM

As I get older, I think I am more and more in favor of breaking things, because it undermines the entire unfounded, unsustainable illusion that Transformers can be made to all fit together in any kind of satisfying way, which just frees me up to enjoy the stuff I enjoy the way I should have been all along.

#47 gearshift

gearshift

• Citizen
  • 2305 posts

Posted 10 May 2015 - 03:56 PM

I mostly agree with you. Nothing in Transformers should be sacred... but then I think of Sideways, and I wonder why we can't have nice things. Is it a test? Will Sideways not bring us to robo-heaven until everyone agrees he should have a single wikipage based on the most tenuous of evidence? Nobody knows.

#48 Walky

Walky

• Citizen
  • 39151 posts

Posted 10 May 2015 - 03:58 PM

To be more precise, I think in order to be able to break things you gotta earn it first.  Marty Isenberg or Bob Forward or James Roberts or Polygon Studios or Simon Furman or whoever can break whatever they want.  They're custodians of the franchise.  These are now established folks who wouldn't just be taking potshots at the multiverse from underneath, like pulling out a Jenga piece and running away giggling. Wrecking things from, say, Recordicons would feel like that.  

#49 Nickelfan

Nickelfan
  • Protoform
  • 25 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 10 May 2015 - 04:03 PM

Wait, seriously? More Sideways in the Almanacs? I saw the game piece of him, but how do you "translate" it?

#50 Tyranno

Tyranno

Let's not lose our heads

• Citizen
  • 34818 posts

Posted 10 May 2015 - 04:31 PM

I don't want anything to fit together. I want the character I like to remain unmolested.

That's not me being hyperbolic. I legitimately can't think of a better or non-klunky word to use there.

"Disabled people dont have special needs. We have very reasonable human needs. Our needs include freedom from abuse, violence, and mistreatment, the right to autonomy and self-direction, the right to represent ourselves, equal opportunity for education and employment, the right to accommodation, and societal inclusion and acceptance.

The need for accommodation isnt a special need. Its a basic human right. Its a leveling of the playing field that allows us the same opportunities and chances as non-disabled people."

- Amethyst Schaber, http://neurowonderful.tumblr.com/

#51 Walky

Walky

• Citizen
  • 39151 posts

Posted 10 May 2015 - 04:41 PM

i, too, have trouble describing aesthetic changes made to transformers characters in anything other than sexual abuse terminology

#52 gearshift

gearshift

• Citizen
  • 2305 posts

Posted 10 May 2015 - 04:46 PM

"unchanged" would have worked. Because yikes.

Edited by Gearshift, 10 May 2015 - 04:47 PM.

#53 Jim S

Jim S

Evil Genius

• Citizen
  • 1656 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 10 May 2015 - 05:04 PM

Please don't be playing with my heart strings.

Falling in love with a B-lister character is tough. Falling in love with a very specific interpretation of an extremely polarising B-lister character who creators for the franchise are bound to mess with more and more and more as time goes by is outright terrifying because you never know whether he's going to be Tarantulas or Reverb or some other B-lister character who doesn't share the name, thereby Ruining Transformers Forever as any change whatsoever is bound to do.

I am prepared to go and translate any Complete Allspark Almanac content on the matter in order to be able to sleep at night.

I am well aware that emotions run hot around this character and took that into consideration. I thought the entry on him was fun and cheeky and shouldn't ruin him for anyone. I hope. 

I would remain calm.  My mantra is always "don't break anything."

I can't speak for Jim's mantra, though.  I think his is the opposite.

I wouldn't say the opposite. I'd say I like to have fun writing it and hope people will have fun reading it and not take things too seriously. I admit I enjoy provoking a debate. I enjoy drawing connections that weren't there before. 

Wait, seriously? More Sideways in the Almanacs? I saw the game piece of him, but how do you "translate" it?

The very short version of this story is, back in the 90s I noticed that there was a secret language (two, in fact) in the Beast Wars cartoon. I translated it and was able to read hidden messages. So, fast forward ten years and I'm writing TF books of my own, so I thought it'd be neat to do the same thing from the other perspective. 95% of the alien computery fonts in the book are one of these two character sets: http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Cybertronix

-JimS

Edited by Jim S, 10 May 2015 - 05:05 PM.

#54 Tyranno

Tyranno

Let's not lose our heads

• Citizen
  • 34818 posts

Posted 10 May 2015 - 05:32 PM

i, too, have trouble describing aesthetic changes made to transformers characters in anything other than sexual abuse terminology

um.

They use it in the context of "not being interfered with" in an episode of Gargoyles. That was what I was going for. :/

EDIT - urgh. Thinking on it, I really messed up. I realize what kind of thing this kind of jive can trigger in people and I just clumsily dropped it due to struggling with vocabulary. That doesn't make it right.

Just. Hrgh. Forget it.

Edited by Razorsaw, 10 May 2015 - 05:44 PM.

"Disabled people dont have special needs. We have very reasonable human needs. Our needs include freedom from abuse, violence, and mistreatment, the right to autonomy and self-direction, the right to represent ourselves, equal opportunity for education and employment, the right to accommodation, and societal inclusion and acceptance.

The need for accommodation isnt a special need. Its a basic human right. Its a leveling of the playing field that allows us the same opportunities and chances as non-disabled people."

#55 Kil

Kil
  • Supporter
  • 9365 posts

Posted 10 May 2015 - 05:47 PM

If you google "unmolested," Google's pre-links definition thingee gives you "not pestered or molested; left in peace" with "they allowed him to pass unmolested" as an example sentence, which is certainly the definition of the word that first comes to mind for me, not anything to do with sexual assault.

Edit: I mean, yes, obviously I am not everyone and even though my brain doesn't associate "unmolested" with the other definition of its root word, that doesn't mean other people wouldn't so yeah I probably shouldn't have jumped in there with my "it's a perfectly cromulent word" reaction. Sorry.

Edited by Kil, 10 May 2015 - 06:07 PM.

#56 Tyranno

Tyranno

Let's not lose our heads

• Citizen
  • 34818 posts

Posted 10 May 2015 - 05:48 PM

I don't really want to make this a debate or derail this. I hugged up. let's move on.

#57 Kil

Kil
  • Supporter
  • 9365 posts

Posted 10 May 2015 - 06:00 PM

Let's just make sure Sideways stays unTarantulas'd.

#58 LV!

LV!

• Citizen
  • 16121 posts

Posted 10 May 2015 - 06:24 PM

They use it in the context of "not being interfered with" in an episode of Gargoyles. That was what I was going for. :/

Every time I'm watching sports and someone is described as being "interfered with" I imagine them talking about someone being molested in a Victorian melodrama and I chuckle to myself. I'm pretty easily amused.

#59 Tyranno

Tyranno

Let's not lose our heads

• Citizen
  • 34818 posts

Posted 10 May 2015 - 06:28 PM

can we please just move on

#60 LV!

LV!

• Citizen
  • 16121 posts

Posted 10 May 2015 - 06:33 PM

Maybe after years of counseling.

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users