Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  wonko the sane? : (14 November 2019 - 07:38 AM)

There actually are a good number of clinics around here: but the walk ins require an appointment (what?) and are only done once a week. IF you can get an appointment, you see a doctor usually within 40 minutes, but good luck getting the appointment.

@  Nevermore : (14 November 2019 - 03:35 AM)

Depending on the day.

@  Nevermore : (14 November 2019 - 03:35 AM)

We have family doctors (called "house doctors") with regular office hours where you may need an hour or two of waiting time.

@  TM2-Megatron : (14 November 2019 - 12:50 AM)

Two weeks? That seems a little long; are there not a lot of walk-in clinics around you?

@  wonko the sane? : (13 November 2019 - 07:01 PM)

Does germany make it quick and easy to see a doctor too? Cause an emergency doctor visit can take two weeks out here, and an emergency ROOM visit can take 18-24 hours.

@  Nevermore : (13 November 2019 - 06:43 PM)

(Good thing is, under German law, if you call in sick during your vacation and see a doctor immediately, you get to keep your vacation days.)

@  Nevermore : (13 November 2019 - 06:42 PM)

Too bad. My plans wee to do two more overtime hours before having my last day of vacation for the year on Friday. Oh well.

@  Nevermore : (13 November 2019 - 06:41 PM)

So I'm currently on medical leave for a particularly stupid reason: Burned my back with a hot-water bag while sleeping last night. Though the doctor said I'm hardly the first person to have this happen to them.

@  Patch : (13 November 2019 - 06:11 PM)

Just a particularly odious example of the 90s era of depicting transgender women as either the subject of crude humor, or "Jerry Springer" material.

@  Ashley : (13 November 2019 - 04:55 PM)

I think Ace Ventura legit contributed to me spending years in self denial. I will never be ok with Jim Carrey.

@  Benbot : (13 November 2019 - 01:22 PM)

I thought he since changed his tune.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (13 November 2019 - 12:51 PM)

Jim Carry Paladin?

@  Maximus Ambus : (13 November 2019 - 12:22 PM)

Don't doubt what he can do. Sonic the Hedgehog!

@  Paladin : (13 November 2019 - 11:51 AM)

not giving a dime to a transphobic antivaxxer.

@  wonko the sane? : (13 November 2019 - 11:25 AM)

It'll be a terrible movie if jim carrey phones it in. Otherwise it should be decent.

@  Paladin : (13 November 2019 - 10:45 AM)

sonics' still gonna be a terrible movie but at least they whined loud enough to make him look passable for a 2-minute trailer. "yay."

@  ▲ndrusi : (13 November 2019 - 10:37 AM)

But of course to annoying people there's no such thing as different decisions made for different reasons, there is only "I like it so it's right" and "I don't like it so it's wrong."

@  ▲ndrusi : (13 November 2019 - 10:35 AM)

Even if we pretend it's objective truth that they were both bad, then they were bad in very different ways.

@  ▲ndrusi : (13 November 2019 - 10:33 AM)

Sonic's previous movie design looked genuinely bad. The Transformers '07 designs just looked insufficiently like what certain loud and obnoxious parts of the fandom think Transformers are required to always look like.

@  Otaku : (13 November 2019 - 08:50 AM)

Um... Purple Monkey Dishwasher?

@  TheMightyMol... : (13 November 2019 - 08:25 AM)

Do we really need to have Every Movie Transformer Thread Ever in the Squawkbox?

@  Bass X0 : (13 November 2019 - 08:13 AM)

Sure it made money but that doesn’t mean it has appealing character designs. Lot of god awful fugly faces in the Transformers movies.

@  Otaku : (12 November 2019 - 08:25 PM)

@Liege My issue with Transformers (2007) were elements I thought were unnecessary.  I know it was supposed to just be a joke, but I didn't ever need to hear about "Sam's Happy Time". >.> Which, being in awe of the first "live action" TF-film, didn't even register until I'd already purchased and watched it on DVD a few times (after seeing it in theaters 3 times).

@  Liege : (12 November 2019 - 08:22 PM)

For all the Bayisms in the 07 movie, it was tempered by Spielberg as producer. Designs aside it was an enjoyable popcorn blockbuster about a boy and his first car who happens to be an alien from another planet. They sequels are just Bay going unchecked after he proved how much bank he could bring in.

@  TM2-Megatron : (12 November 2019 - 07:12 PM)

I didn't find the designs in the '07 movie to be that bad, personally. What got really offputting was how Cybertronians in general become such huge a-holes in the later films; the designs were very much secondary to their horrible personalities

@  Sabrblade : (12 November 2019 - 06:59 PM)

And yet, Transformers still broke the bank at the box office, opened up the brand to a whole new generation of fans, shot the brand up to mainstream appeal, and enabled all kinds of new collector-oriented lines and other avenues to come about. Not saying Sonic's movie will do the same for his series, but the 2007 TF movie certainly did more good than harm.

@  Bass X0 : (12 November 2019 - 06:09 PM)

Paramount changed Sonic due to fan backlash but refused to redo Transformers 2007 with new cgi appearances based on their classic forms everyone’s knows and loves, and can relate to. Trailer 1 Sonic is as appealing a design as 2007 Bumblebee...

@  TheMightyMol... : (12 November 2019 - 02:14 PM)

I don't. They're a pain in the ass to repair.

@  Benbot : (12 November 2019 - 12:48 PM)

I wish car companies would bring back flip up headlights

@  TheMightyMol... : (12 November 2019 - 09:07 AM)

Wear a hazmat suit. It's Walmart, they're used to weird.

@  wonko the sane? : (12 November 2019 - 07:54 AM)

2 inches of snow on the side of the house, 2 feet of snow on the deck. I hate this winter already.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (11 November 2019 - 11:33 PM)

But that requires actually going IN walmart. ;P

@  Liege : (11 November 2019 - 11:22 PM)

Pro tip for anyone hunting the for the Walmart 35th exclusives: try the seasonal aisles rather than the toy section. I found the display with all the exclusives and a bunch of the reflector wave practically untouched amongst those novelty arcade machines and a bunch of frozen merch.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (11 November 2019 - 09:45 PM)

Although that does spark an idea for me. In a new continuity, Censere the Necrobot could be the herald Cityspeaker for Quintessa the Necrotitan just to play on their monikers utilizing Greek for dead, nekrós.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (11 November 2019 - 09:26 PM)

I hate to burst your bubble, Maximus Ambus, but 90% of things said in IDW turned out to be amnesiac half-rememberings courtesy of Adaptus or outright lies courtesy of Shockwave.

@  Jenny : (11 November 2019 - 08:54 AM)

The toy's designed to look like Wipe-Out, anyway.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (11 November 2019 - 08:14 AM)

Didn't they try to retcon that into a figure of speech because that connection went against everybody else's long-term plans?

@  Maximus Ambus : (11 November 2019 - 03:53 AM)

There's still some connection given Trypticon was created by Mortilus.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (11 November 2019 - 12:12 AM)

Yeah that toy doesn't exactly look like Necrobot.

@  Sabrblade : (10 November 2019 - 08:24 PM)

But.... it's just "Necro" not "Necrobot".

@  TheMightyMol... : (10 November 2019 - 05:10 PM)

But why does the God of Death need a giant space kaiju? Wait, never mind, answered my own question.

@  Maximus Ambus : (10 November 2019 - 02:15 PM)

Yowza I just realised Titans Trypticon comes with Necro AKA Censere AKA Mortilus.

@  Nevermore : (10 November 2019 - 01:15 PM)

I... think the best equivalent would actually be the British "There is room for improvement".

@  Nevermore : (10 November 2019 - 01:15 PM)

There's always a sense of irony to it, but what the ratio between irony (you really failed) and straightworwardness (at least you achieved something) is depends on the situation and the speaker.

@  Nevermore : (10 November 2019 - 01:12 PM)

The meaning can be both literal (you succeed on one level but fail on another), or it can be utterly ironic (you fail in every regard but the most technical; or even worse, "you really gave your best"), and anything in between.

@  Nevermore : (10 November 2019 - 01:10 PM)

For example: A singer can hit the notes really well, but clearly isn't a native speaker and what little of the lyrics you can make out sounds nothing like what it's supposed to be.

@  wonko the sane? : (10 November 2019 - 01:06 PM)

The premise seems to be the mixing of technical and aesthetic technical qualities towards the overall success.

@  wonko the sane? : (10 November 2019 - 01:05 PM)

But both "hollow victory" and pyrrhic victory" are referring to having lost as much as you've gained. IE; a battle was won but both armies were destroyed. The town being seiged is victorious, but all the soldiers are still dead. Nevermore's concept is more "You did it, but it's so ugly we don't know if you actually succeeded".

@  Sabrblade : (10 November 2019 - 11:35 AM)

Alternately, one could probably also call it a "hollow victory".

@  Sabrblade : (10 November 2019 - 11:35 AM)

Example: In the Powerpuff Girls episode "Uh Oh Dynamo", the monster-of-the-day was a really tough, giant-size one that required the use of a really destructive mech to defeat it. While the monster was ultimately beaten, the city of Townsville was utterly trashed by the mech's weapons in the process. So, while the city was saved from the monster, it was harmed even worse by the mech that saved it, making the victory bittersweet.

DEEP DEEP TROUBLE!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
25 replies to this topic

#1 (Deactivated) atillah

(Deactivated) atillah
  • Guests

Posted 28 July 2006 - 12:54 AM

HI!
RECENTLY I SOLD A G1 DINOBOT LOT OF ALL 5 G1 DINOBOTS, AND 2 G1 DEVASTATOR GIFTSETS NEW MIB TO A GENTLEMAN NAMED C.S TORRES FROM TEXAS (REMEMBER THIS VILLAN!) . TODAY I FOUND OUT I WAS PAID WITH COUNTERFEIT POSTAL MONEY ORDERS. I CASHED 2 OF THEM. I AM IN SOME SERIOUS TROUBLE!!

THEREFORE I MUST SELL A GREAT DEAL OF MY TRANSFORMER COLLECTION, AND OTHER STUFF TO GET OUT OF THIS TROUBLE.THESE ARE WHAT I HAVE. I AM TAKING ALL REASONABLE OFFERS. NO REASONABLE OFFER WILL BE REFUSED!!! I AM LISTED AS ATILLAH0 ON EBAY FOR ANYONE WHO WANTS TO CHECK MY REPUTATION. I WILL SELL TO THE FIRST REASONABLE OFFER I HEAR FOR ANYTHING ON THIS LIST. I THANK EVERYONE FOR ANY HELP GIVEN.

TRANSFORMERS:

1 G1 BRUTICUS 100% COMPLETE (METAL CHEST VERSION)
1 G1 DEVASTATOR 100% COMPLETE
1 BEAST WARS GOD NEPTUNE COMPLETE WITH BOX (ON HOLD)
1 ALMOST COMPLETE G2 STARSCREAM (NEEDS VOICE PACK, RIGHT TAILWING AND RUDDER) (ON HOLD)
1 ALMOST COMPLETE G2 RAMJET (NEEDS VOICE PACK) (ON HOLD)
1 MONSTRUCTOR LOT THAT HAS ALL COMBINER PARTS, 3 INNERBOTS WITH SHELLS, AND BACKS (ON HOLD)
1 100% COMPLETE G1 CASSETTE RUMBLE
1 100% COMPLETE G1 CASSETTE FRENZY
1 100% COMPLETE G1 CASSETTE REWIND WITH GOLD GUNS
2 G1 CASSETTES RAVAGE
1 G1 CASSETTE LASERBEAK
1 G1 CASSETTE SLUGFEST (ON HOLD)
1 G1 CASSETTE OVERKILL (ON HOLD)
1 G1 CASSETTE RATBAT (ON HOLD)
1 G1 CASSETTE EJECT (ON HOLD)
1 G1 CASSETTE STEELJAW (ON HOLD)
1 G1 CASSETTE RAMHORN (ON HOLD)
1 G1 CASSETTE BUZZSAW
1 G1 SOUNDWAVE FOR PARTS
3 G1 BLASTERS (1 ON HOLD)
1 ALMOST COMPLETE G1 PERCEPTOR (NEEDS MISSLE LAUNCHER AND MISSLES)
2 G1 ULTRA MAGNUSES, 1 IS ALMOST COMPLETE (NEEDS ALL 4 FISTS, 2 MISSLES, AND 1 CLIP)
2 G1 OVERDRIVES
1 G1 RED ALERT
1 G1 ASTROTRAIN
1 G1 100% COMPLETE KICKBACK
1 G2 RED SNARL
1 G2 RED SLAG (ON HOLD)
1 G1 SKYWARP THAT NEEDS 2 BOMBS,2 MISSLES, 2 FISTS TO BE COMPLETE
1 G1 GRIMLOCK (ON HOLD)
1 G1 INSECTICON BARRAGE
2 G1 SILVERBOLTS
3 G1 SNARLS (ON HOLD)
1 G2 BLAST OFF (ON HOLD)
1 G1 SUNSTREAKER
2 G1 SLUDGES (ON HOLD)
2 G1 DIRGES THAT NEEDS BLASTERS
2 G1 SKYWARPS THAT NEEDS RUDDERS,MISSLES,BOMBS, AND FISTS
1 G2 100% COMPLETE BRAWL (ON HOLD)
1 GREEN G2 SLAG
1 G2 ONSLAUGHT (ON HOLD)
1 W.S.T. 100% COMPLETE MEGATRON
1 W.S.T. 100% COMPLETE OPTIMUS PRIME
1 W.S.T. 100% COMPLETE THRUST
5 G1 JUMPSTARTERS, 3 TWINTWISTS
2 G1 NAUTILATOR2, 1 WITH CLAWS
1 G1 RAMJET WITH JUST WINGS
1G1 TANTRUM THAT NEEDS HIP GUARDS, IS METAL BODIED
1G2 GRIMLOCK (ON HOLD)
1 G2 BEACHCOMBER (ON HOLD)
1 G2 BUMBLEBEE (ON HOLD)
1 COMPLETE RUINATION
1 COMPLETE ARCTIC CAMO RUINATION
1 G1 SLUDGE FOR PARTS (ON HOLD)
1 G1 SLAG FOR PARTS (ON HOLD)
ALL 5 TERRORCONS
1 G2 GRIMLOCK FOR PARTS
1 G2 HUBCAP (ON HOLD)
1 G1 SHARKTICON THAT NEEDS TAIL AND GUN (ON HOLD)
1 G1 WEIRDWOLF THAT NEEDS A HEAD AND WEAPON (ON HOLD)
1 G1 RATCHET
1 POWER RANGER WHITE TIGERZORD (ON HOLD)
ALL 5 G2 COMBATICONS (ON HOLD)
2 G1 WHEELJACKS. 1 NEEDS WINGS, AND DRIVER SPOILER TO BE COMPLETE
1 G1 SEAWING
4 G2 CONSTRUCTICONS( NEEDS SCRAPPER AND HOOK)
1 G1 DEFENSOR
2 G2 SKYDIVES
1 G1 SNAPTRAP
1 G1 DEAD END
1 G2 SWINDLE (ON HOLD)
1 G1 METROPLEX
1 G1 TRYPTICON
1 G1 CAMSHAFT
1 G1 TRACKS
1 G1 BREAKDOWN
1 G1 BLURR
1 G1 COSMOS
2 G1 AFTERBURNERS
2 G1 CUTTHROATS
2 BRAWNS
3 G1 SWOOPS (ON HOLD)
1 G1 SNAPDRAGON HEAD
1 G1 BLITZWING
1 G1 SPRINGER
1 G1 RAMPAGE
1 G1 THRUST WITH WINGS
1 G1 SCATTERSHOT
1 G1 OVERBITE
1 G1 CLONE WINGSPAN
1 CARNIVAC ROBOT
1 SKULLGRIN ROBOT
2 GOBOT SCOOTERS
1 G1 OUTBACK
1 G1 JETFIRE
1 W.S.T. SEALED 12 PACK CASE WAVE 2
1 100% COMPLETE SOUNDWAVE
1 G1 JOYRIDE
1 G1 SKYWARP BODY
1 G1 FASTLANE
1 G1 CATILLA
1 G1 WRECK GAR
1 G1 SUBMARAUDER
1 G1 FLYWHEELS
1 G1 FINBACK
1 G1 SCOOP
1 TRANSFORMERS COMMEMORATIVE SERIES VIII MISB SIDESWIPE
G1 TECH SPECS:

DECEPTICONS

1 BREAKDOWN
1 SOUNDWAVE
1 OVERKILL
1 MEGATRON
1 KICKBACK
1 ASTROTRAIN
1 SKYWARP
1 THRUST
1 RATBAT
1 MOTORMASTER
1 SHARKTICON
3 FRENZY
2 RUMBLE
2 RAVAGE
2 LASERBEAK
1 SLOG
1 BRISTLEBACK
1 WILDFLY
1 SCOWL
1 DEAD END
1 DRAG STRIP

AUTOBOTS

1 PERCEPTOR
1 IRONHIDE
1 BLASTER
1 SILVERBOLT
1 SUNSTREAKER
1 TOPSPIN
1 WHEELJACK

TRANSFORMERS CYBERTRON:

1 TRANSFORMERS CYBERTRON 100% COMPLETE MINI SOUNDWAVE
1 TRANSFORMERS CYBERTRON 100% COMPLETE MINI GALVATRON

OTHER STUFF FOR SALE:

PLAYSTATION:

1 PLAYSTATION FINAL FANTASY TACTICS
1 PLAYSTATION LEGEND OF LEGAIA
1 PLAYSTATION TORNEKO'S QUEST
1 PLAYSTATION BEYOND THE BEYOND

GAMEBOY ADVANCE:

1 PREHISTORIK MAN COMPLETE
1 SUPER MARIO ADVANCE 3 COMPLETE
1 SUPER MARIO ADVANCE 1 COMPLETE
1 CASTLEVANIA CLASSIC SERIES COMPLETE
1 FROGGER'S JOURNEY FORGOTTEN RELIC COMPLETE
1 MARIO KART SUPER CIRCUIT COMPLETE
1 F-ZERO GP LEGEND COMPLETE
1 MEGAMAN ZERO 3 WITH BOX
1 YU-GI-OH! WORLDWIDE EDITION GAME ONLY
1 CASTLEVANIA HARMONY OF DISSONANCE GAME ONLY
1 ULTIMATE MUSCLE PATH OF THE SUPERHERO GAME WITH BOOK
1 GOLDEN SUN GAME WITH BOOK
1 BANZO - KAZOOIE GRUNTY'S REVENGE GAME WITH BOOK
1 EZ - FLASH II 256 MB USB FLASH LINKER KIT
1 CD WITH OVER 150 GBA GAMES
1 FLASH ADVANCE EXTREME 64 MB FLASH LINKER KIT

4 REGGAE GOLD CD'S (2006,2005,2004,2003)
2 RIHANNA CD'S( MUSIC OF THE SUN, A GIRL LIKE ME DIGIPACK CD)

Edited by atillah, 28 July 2006 - 06:53 PM.

#2 (Deactivated) TheGhostOfStarscream

(Deactivated) TheGhostOfStarscream
  • Guests

Posted 28 July 2006 - 08:00 AM

why are YOU in trouble? its not like your the villan, you were screwed and im sure if you explained what happened you would be alright wouldnt you?

#3 GEN1FAN

GEN1FAN
  • Citizen
  • 349 posts

Posted 28 July 2006 - 10:04 AM

pm sent

#4 (Deactivated) atillah

(Deactivated) atillah
  • Guests

Posted 28 July 2006 - 11:04 AM

QUOTE(TheGhostOfStarscream @ Jul 28 2006, 09:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
why are YOU in trouble? its not like your the villan, you were screwed and im sure if you explained what happened you would be alright wouldnt you?

HI!

THERE IS THE FACT THAT THE BANK WANTS THEIR MONEY. I USED THE MONEY TO TAKE CARE OF OTHER BILLS. THEN THERE IS ALSO THE FACT THAT COUNTERFEITING IS A FEDERAL CRIME. NOT ONLY THAT, BUT IT WAS A POSTAL MONEY ORDER. ALL THIS ADDS UP TO EVEN MORE TROUBLE!

AROUND HERE THE LAW IS QUITE CROOKED. THEY SHOOT, ACCUSE, AND CONDEMN FIRST WITHOUT JUSTIFIABLE REASON. I WAS ARRESTED, AND CHARGED AS A COUNTERFEITER WITHOUT EVEN GETTING A CHANCE TO SAY A WORD.

THE ONLY THING THAT LET ME OUT ON BAIL WAS THE FACT THAT I'VE NEVER HAD A CRIMINAL RECORD. MY PARENTS HAD TO PUT UP THE HOUSE AS A SECURITY AGAINST ME COMING TO COURT! TEN THOUSAND DOLLARS IS A LOT OF CASH TO LOOSE BEHIND A COUNTERFEITER! WE DON'T EVEN GET THAT BACK! CALL IT THE PRIVELEDGE TO BE FREE AND GUILTY WITHOUT A TRIAL.

#5 Darkstream

Darkstream

The original darkstream since 2003!

• Supporter
  • 20494 posts

Posted 28 July 2006 - 11:10 AM

wanna take the caps lock key off?

#6 sleddogg83

sleddogg83
  • Citizen
  • 810 posts

Posted 28 July 2006 - 05:04 PM

i love me a good old fasion scam . . . buyer beware.

#7 (Deactivated) Moonscream

(Deactivated) Moonscream
  • Guests

Posted 28 July 2006 - 05:30 PM

Whooo...so...what, was that $5000 for the Dinobots and $2500 each for the Devastators? That's sure a crapload of cash for those items no matter how you slice it. Was the guy an eBay buyer?

Your eBay ID says you're in SC, you should be able to get some sort of legal redress.

--Moony

#8 (Deactivated) atillah

(Deactivated) atillah
  • Guests

Posted 28 July 2006 - 06:08 PM

QUOTE(Moonscream @ Jul 28 2006, 06:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Whooo...so...what, was that $5000 for the Dinobots and $2500 each for the Devastators? That's sure a crapload of cash for those items no matter how you slice it. Was the guy an eBay buyer?

Your eBay ID says you're in SC, you should be able to get some sort of legal redress.

--Moony

Hi!
Believe It Or Not, I Sold Them All For $1023.00. The Villian's Screenname On Ebay Was C E S Torres. The Address Given On The Money Order Was In Texas. There Is No Legal Redress In SC. This State Is #1 In Locking People Up. I Was Arrested As Soon As I Attempted To Cash The Third Money Order.

The Bank Wants Their Money. It's Pay Up, Or Prison. If I Pay Up, And Provide The Law With What They Need, I Can Walk Away Loosing Only $10,000.00 For My Bail, And About 8 To 10 Years Probation. Some Deal!

Yes The Amount Paid For Those Toys Are Astronomical, But I Accepted A Best Offer. I Could Have Gotten A Lot More From A Real Collector Like Myself.

#9 (Deactivated) Zero Prime

(Deactivated) Zero Prime
  • Guests

Posted 28 July 2006 - 09:59 PM

Give me a PM. I'm a C/O here in SC. I might be able to help you.

#10 Autobot Prowl

Autobot Prowl
  • Citizen
  • 957 posts

Posted 29 July 2006 - 07:47 AM

Huh, I maybe out of my element being a Florida Cop but in order to charge someone with a crime you have to have intent. If you were scammed like this they would be after the other guy not you. Providing them with your email communication with the other guy should be sufficient enough to prove that you were not at fault. I don`t know if you know this but anything you put on your computer stays on your computer even if you try to delete it. An officer who is trained in Computer forensics could pull up the info you want with little problem. If you have bad stuff on your computer though that`s another issue so be carefull. I`m curious though, why did you have multiple money orders from the same guy? This would make you look a bit fishy cashing in Fake Money orders at different times. Something isn`t right with what your telling us especially since money fraud isn`t a state crime as it wuld fall under the Department of the Treasury. SC has little authority on federal crimes like that.

#11 sleddogg83

sleddogg83
  • Citizen
  • 810 posts

Posted 29 July 2006 - 07:56 AM

why has there been such an influx of newbies typing in caps that are trying to sell stuff?

Edited by sleddogg83, 29 July 2006 - 07:57 AM.

#12 (Deactivated) atillah

(Deactivated) atillah
  • Guests

Posted 29 July 2006 - 02:05 PM

QUOTE(Autobot Prowl @ Jul 29 2006, 08:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Huh, I maybe out of my element being a Florida Cop but in order to charge someone with a crime you have to have intent. If you were scammed like this they would be after the other guy not you. Providing them with your email communication with the other guy should be sufficient enough to prove that you were not at fault. I don`t know if you know this but anything you put on your computer stays on your computer even if you try to delete it. An officer who is trained in Computer forensics could pull up the info you want with little problem. If you have bad stuff on your computer though that`s another issue so be carefull. I`m curious though, why did you have multiple money orders from the same guy? This would make you look a bit fishy cashing in Fake Money orders at different times. Something isn`t right with what your telling us especially since money fraud isn`t a state crime as it wuld fall under the Department of the Treasury. SC has little authority on federal crimes like that.

Hi!

Postal Money Orders Have A Maximum Value Of 1000.00. Yhe Counterfeiter Had No Choice But To Get At Least 2 Of Them. Why Get A Money Order For $1000.00, And One For $23.00? That Would Make Anyone With Sense Suspicious. Instead Get 3 For $341.00. The First Two The Bank Accepted. I Cashed The First Two At Seperate Times Because My Bills Came At Different Times. When Another Bill Came Up, I Went Back To The Bank To Cash The Third One. I Never Came Back Out Of The Bank. Apparently SC , Particularly Charleston County, Houses Federal Criminals In The County Jail Because That Is Where I Was. I Have No Reason To Lie. Why Else Would Anyone Put Up As Much Stuff As I Did For Sale? Be Serious! Who In Their Right Mind Would Take $25.00 Offered For An Item That Would Easily Sell To A Collector For 3 Or 4 Times As Much? Would You? I Think Not!

#13 sleddogg83

sleddogg83
  • Citizen
  • 810 posts

Posted 29 July 2006 - 03:02 PM

Someone who is clearly trying to sell stuff they dont have or dont intend to ship.

#14 Mattstfgraveyard

Mattstfgraveyard
  • Citizen
  • 2842 posts

Posted 29 July 2006 - 03:11 PM

QUOTE(atillah @ Jul 29 2006, 02:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi!

Postal Money Orders Have A Maximum Value Of 1000.00. Yhe Counterfeiter Had No Choice But To Get At Least 2 Of Them. Why Get A Money Order For $1000.00, And One For $23.00? That Would Make Anyone With Sense Suspicious. Instead Get 3 For $341.00. The First Two The Bank Accepted. I Cashed The First Two At Seperate Times Because My Bills Came At Different Times. When Another Bill Came Up, I Went Back To The Bank To Cash The Third One. I Never Came Back Out Of The Bank. Apparently SC , Particularly Charleston County, Houses Federal Criminals In The County Jail Because That Is Where I Was. I Have No Reason To Lie. Why Else Would Anyone Put Up As Much Stuff As I Did For Sale? Be Serious! Who In Their Right Mind Would Take $25.00 Offered For An Item That Would Easily Sell To A Collector For 3 Or 4 Times As Much? Would You? I Think Not!

Why did you cash them at the bank? If you would have taken it to the Post Office, they would have immediatly verified it, and upon discovering it was a fraud, they would have gone after the Purchaser of the Postal money order, not you.

#15 Asquian

Asquian
  • Supporter
  • 21605 posts

Posted 29 July 2006 - 04:34 PM

just a note, every bank i know of holds MOs like checks just for the very purpose of verifying them. my bank in particular, 5/3 puts a 30 day hold on any MO over like $5, and it only deposits if it's verified. if you go to cash them, then they hold the balance against an account.(i.e if you don't have enough in an account to cash them, they won't cash em). i'd like to know who your bank is that they don't do this.

#16 (Deactivated) atillah

(Deactivated) atillah
  • Guests

Posted 29 July 2006 - 05:34 PM

QUOTE(sleddogg83 @ Jul 29 2006, 04:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Someone who is clearly trying to sell stuff they dont have or dont intend to ship.

OKAY. OBVIOUSLY WHEN SOMEONE LOOKS UP IGNORANCE AND STUPIDITY IN A DICTIONARY, THEY SEE YOUR FACE! ARE YOU AWARE THAT BASICALLY YOU'VE CALLED ME A THIEF?! I WOULD LIKE TO THINK THAT WITH OVER 100 FEEDBACKS ON EBAY, ALL 100 PERCENT POSITIVE, AND THE FACT THAT I'VE DEALT WITH SEVERAL OTHER MEMBERS HERE WOULD ESTABLISH THE FACT THAT I NOT ONLY HAVE WHAT I SELL, BUT I ALSO SHIP THE ITEMS AS WELL!! THE CUSTOMERS SPEAK FOR THEMSELVES.

ALL OF THESE FACTS ARE IRRELEVANT BECAUSE RETARDS AND FOOLS CANNOT UNDERSTAND SIMPLE FIGURES!!!! KNOWLEDGE IS POWER!! STUPIDITY IS
THE DOORWAY TO DEATH!!! GROW UP, LEARN SOME MANNERS, AND LEARN TO READ THE MEMBER FEEDBACK FORUM BEFORE YOU ATTEMPT TO INSULT SOMEONE WHO IS OBVIOUSLY SEEKING WISDOM!!! MAYBE YOUR MOM SHOULD'VE TAUGHT YOU BETTER MANNERS.

#17 Asquian

Asquian
  • Supporter
  • 21605 posts

Posted 29 July 2006 - 05:42 PM

aaand this thread goes on the fast track to alock, methinks.....

#18 (Deactivated) atillah

(Deactivated) atillah
  • Guests

Posted 29 July 2006 - 05:44 PM

QUOTE(Asquian @ Jul 29 2006, 05:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
just a note, every bank i know of holds MOs like checks just for the very purpose of verifying them. my bank in particular, 5/3 puts a 30 day hold on any MO over like $5, and it only deposits if it's verified. if you go to cash them, then they hold the balance against an account.(i.e if you don't have enough in an account to cash them, they won't cash em). i'd like to know who your bank is that they don't do this.

HI!

THE BANK THAT I HAD WAS HERITAGE TRUST FEDERAL CREDIT UNION. IF THE CHECK/MONEY ORDER THAT THEY CASH FOR YOU COMES BACK UNPAID, THEY NEGATE YOUR ACCOUNT BALANCE. IF IT IS A POSTAL MONEY ORDER, OR GOVERNMENT CHECK, NOT ONLY DOES YOUR ACCOUNT GET NEGATED, BUT YOUR ACCOUNT IS FROZEN FOR SUSPICION OF COUNTERFEITING / FRAUD. BANKS HERE ARE REQUIRED TO REPORT ALL COUNTERFEIT POSTAL MONEY ORDERS TO THE AUTHORITIES. WORSE STILL, ALL THE CHECKS I WROTE ARE NOW SUBJECTED TO A $35.00 RETURNED CHECK FEE.

#19 Asquian

Asquian
  • Supporter
  • 21605 posts

Posted 29 July 2006 - 06:27 PM

ah, so you deposited them, then just started writing checks instead of making sure they cleared. ok, now i see.

#20 (Deactivated) Optimal Optimus Prime

(Deactivated) Optimal Optimus Prime
  • Guests

Posted 29 July 2006 - 11:34 PM

All I need to say is CAPS LOCK.

Sorry you're in Deep trouble. So the guy you did business with. Are you like contacting lawyers and pressing charges? Or do they not care at all (the authorities)?

This sounds like too much of a risk for me to wanna trade/be involved. I wouldn't want to send a MO and have it come back to haunt me.