Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Maximus Ambus : (20 November 2019 - 01:05 PM)

On my shelf I have Ginrai donning the Star Convoy armor.

@  Liege : (19 November 2019 - 07:42 AM)

That he is.

@  Benbot : (18 November 2019 - 04:01 PM)

And a good boy

@  Liege : (18 November 2019 - 09:19 AM)

Hound is at least a very good toy.

@  ThunderWear : (18 November 2019 - 09:11 AM)

Hound is the only other one that even comes close to Chromia in my area, and he ships in two separate waves.

@  Liege : (18 November 2019 - 08:58 AM)

This might be how they finally get rid of all the Chromias. I've not seen a shelfwarmer like that in ages.

@  RichardT1977 : (17 November 2019 - 08:26 PM)

It's a good deal if you want a full set of Refraktor (and if they have them at your location)

@  TheMightyMol... : (17 November 2019 - 04:43 PM)

Here we can buy two and get one free, but at least two of them are gonna be the same toy, because lol distribution.

@  Bass X0 : (17 November 2019 - 01:01 PM)

In the U.K., it’s more like you but two, you only get one given how expensive they are.

@  RichardT1977 : (17 November 2019 - 11:38 AM)

Transformers are Buy 2 Get 1 free at Target this week.

@  Bass X0 : (17 November 2019 - 04:29 AM)

2019 has been one long South Park episode.

@  Sjogre : (16 November 2019 - 10:46 PM)

Okay, that actually sounds pretty fun.

@  Maximus Ambus : (15 November 2019 - 12:49 PM)

It was set in the forties, featured Nazi's as the villains and had Kiko fight mostly Ice Age animals and a mythical dragon that now ruled the island guarding Kongs treasure.

@  Paladin : (15 November 2019 - 11:37 AM)

and it was ALSO eleven hours long.

@  Maximus Ambus : (15 November 2019 - 10:55 AM)

In a alternate reality Peter Jackson made Son of Kong.

@  wonko the sane? : (15 November 2019 - 09:30 AM)

To be fair to boba: everyone else to go into the sarlacc was a sacrifice. Stripped almost naked and tossed, and didn't have body armor, a jetpack and a weapon.

@  TheMightyMol... : (15 November 2019 - 06:54 AM)

Nah, he just has to keep up his plot insurance payments so he can shoot his way out of the Sarlacc again.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (15 November 2019 - 02:59 AM)

Funny, but everyone knows he bounty hunts for Jabba Hutt to finance his 'Vette.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (15 November 2019 - 02:54 AM)

Okay.. Not sure why.. but streaming is harder than jsut playing the game.. even though that's pretty much what I was doing.

@  Xellos : (14 November 2019 - 06:47 PM)

What type of vehicle does Boba Fett use for time travel? A Man-DeLorean.

@  TM2-Megatron : (14 November 2019 - 03:55 PM)

Admittedly, it's been a long time since I've been to a walk-in clinic, as I tend not to get sick (and the one time I do every 4-5 years, I prefer just riding it out at home), but the last time I went I'm pretty sure you could just show up, no appointment. It may be different in Quebec,though

@  Nevermore : (14 November 2019 - 02:36 PM)

One thing to note about health insurance in Germany is that we have a two-class system: mandatory health insurance is basically the economy class, while private health insurance is the business class.

@  Nevermore : (14 November 2019 - 02:32 PM)

My local doctor is actually a shared office with several doctors where you will get randomly assigned to one of the doctors available that day.

@  Nevermore : (14 November 2019 - 02:30 PM)

Also, employers are required by law to cover part of their employees' health insurance fees, so I only have to pay my part.

@  Nevermore : (14 November 2019 - 02:28 PM)

Basic examinations and sick notes (known as "work-inability certificates" in Germany) for the employer are covered by our health insurances by default.

@  TheMightyMol... : (14 November 2019 - 12:02 PM)

Around here, we can go to a walk-in clinic whenever, but might have to wait in the queue until there's a doctor available, which can take hours on a busy day. And then hope our insurance will cover anything.

@  wonko the sane? : (14 November 2019 - 07:38 AM)

There actually are a good number of clinics around here: but the walk ins require an appointment (what?) and are only done once a week. IF you can get an appointment, you see a doctor usually within 40 minutes, but good luck getting the appointment.

@  Nevermore : (14 November 2019 - 03:35 AM)

Depending on the day.

@  Nevermore : (14 November 2019 - 03:35 AM)

We have family doctors (called "house doctors") with regular office hours where you may need an hour or two of waiting time.

@  TM2-Megatron : (14 November 2019 - 12:50 AM)

Two weeks? That seems a little long; are there not a lot of walk-in clinics around you?

@  wonko the sane? : (13 November 2019 - 07:01 PM)

Does germany make it quick and easy to see a doctor too? Cause an emergency doctor visit can take two weeks out here, and an emergency ROOM visit can take 18-24 hours.

@  Nevermore : (13 November 2019 - 06:43 PM)

(Good thing is, under German law, if you call in sick during your vacation and see a doctor immediately, you get to keep your vacation days.)

@  Nevermore : (13 November 2019 - 06:42 PM)

Too bad. My plans wee to do two more overtime hours before having my last day of vacation for the year on Friday. Oh well.

@  Nevermore : (13 November 2019 - 06:41 PM)

So I'm currently on medical leave for a particularly stupid reason: Burned my back with a hot-water bag while sleeping last night. Though the doctor said I'm hardly the first person to have this happen to them.

@  Patch : (13 November 2019 - 06:11 PM)

Just a particularly odious example of the 90s era of depicting transgender women as either the subject of crude humor, or "Jerry Springer" material.

@  Ashley : (13 November 2019 - 04:55 PM)

I think Ace Ventura legit contributed to me spending years in self denial. I will never be ok with Jim Carrey.

@  Benbot : (13 November 2019 - 01:22 PM)

I thought he since changed his tune.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (13 November 2019 - 12:51 PM)

Jim Carry Paladin?

@  Maximus Ambus : (13 November 2019 - 12:22 PM)

Don't doubt what he can do. Sonic the Hedgehog!

@  Paladin : (13 November 2019 - 11:51 AM)

not giving a dime to a transphobic antivaxxer.

@  wonko the sane? : (13 November 2019 - 11:25 AM)

It'll be a terrible movie if jim carrey phones it in. Otherwise it should be decent.

@  Paladin : (13 November 2019 - 10:45 AM)

sonics' still gonna be a terrible movie but at least they whined loud enough to make him look passable for a 2-minute trailer. "yay."

@  ▲ndrusi : (13 November 2019 - 10:37 AM)

But of course to annoying people there's no such thing as different decisions made for different reasons, there is only "I like it so it's right" and "I don't like it so it's wrong."

@  ▲ndrusi : (13 November 2019 - 10:35 AM)

Even if we pretend it's objective truth that they were both bad, then they were bad in very different ways.

@  ▲ndrusi : (13 November 2019 - 10:33 AM)

Sonic's previous movie design looked genuinely bad. The Transformers '07 designs just looked insufficiently like what certain loud and obnoxious parts of the fandom think Transformers are required to always look like.

@  Otaku : (13 November 2019 - 08:50 AM)

Um... Purple Monkey Dishwasher?

@  TheMightyMol... : (13 November 2019 - 08:25 AM)

Do we really need to have Every Movie Transformer Thread Ever in the Squawkbox?

@  Bass X0 : (13 November 2019 - 08:13 AM)

Sure it made money but that doesn’t mean it has appealing character designs. Lot of god awful fugly faces in the Transformers movies.

@  Otaku : (12 November 2019 - 08:25 PM)

@Liege My issue with Transformers (2007) were elements I thought were unnecessary.  I know it was supposed to just be a joke, but I didn't ever need to hear about "Sam's Happy Time". >.> Which, being in awe of the first "live action" TF-film, didn't even register until I'd already purchased and watched it on DVD a few times (after seeing it in theaters 3 times).

@  Liege : (12 November 2019 - 08:22 PM)

For all the Bayisms in the 07 movie, it was tempered by Spielberg as producer. Designs aside it was an enjoyable popcorn blockbuster about a boy and his first car who happens to be an alien from another planet. They sequels are just Bay going unchecked after he proved how much bank he could bring in.

Photo
- - - - -

Yo, it's the Dragon Ball thread! Z, Kai, Super, FighterZ, and anything else you wish to discuss

1595 replies to this topic

#41 HellCat

HellCat

Opinionated idiot

• Citizen
  • 28707 posts

Posted 29 April 2015 - 02:46 PM

I admit the designs for the new Saiyan and Freeza forms don't do much for me. They literally look like the palette swap crap you'd see from a fan character. Super Saiyan God I was willing to give a break because it was that or the awful Super Saiyan Four, but 'It's Freeza but he gold now!'....seriously?

#42 Tyranno

Tyranno

Let's not lose our heads

• Citizen
  • 35133 posts

Posted 29 April 2015 - 02:46 PM

and what is a super saiyan, then?

"Disabled people dont have special needs. We have very reasonable human needs. Our needs include freedom from abuse, violence, and mistreatment, the right to autonomy and self-direction, the right to represent ourselves, equal opportunity for education and employment, the right to accommodation, and societal inclusion and acceptance.

The need for accommodation isnt a special need. Its a basic human right. Its a leveling of the playing field that allows us the same opportunities and chances as non-disabled people."

- Amethyst Schaber, http://neurowonderful.tumblr.com/

#43 Sailor Unicron

Sailor Unicron
  • Citizen
  • 3551 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 29 April 2015 - 02:56 PM

You are more than flesh and bone / Can't you see, you're something beautiful...you gotta believe that you are / Someone worth dying for

God's not dead!

In 1996: "TRUKK NOT MUNKEY!"; In 2013: "PONEE NOT HUGHMAN!"; in 2014: "TREE NOT CASSUL"; Regardless of the fandom, it all boils down to one thing: "RUINED FOREVA!"

DA account

I got my counter at Jellyneo.net! NaNoWriMo is GO!

#44 HellCat

HellCat

Opinionated idiot

• Citizen
  • 28707 posts

Posted 29 April 2015 - 02:56 PM

A Super Saiyan doesn't go completely gold, the hair stands on end and goes gold plus the eyes go turquoise.

Frieza's new form...you could get that if you just spray painted any toy of Freeza since the 90s. It would have been nice to have had something that suggested the body had ascended. This isn't G Gundam where 'gold hue, super mode' works because we're talking about robots.

#45 Sailor Unicron

Sailor Unicron
  • Citizen
  • 3551 posts

Posted 29 April 2015 - 02:57 PM

I admit the designs for the new Saiyan and Freeza forms don't do much for me. They literally look like the palette swap crap you'd see from a fan character. Super Saiyan God I was willing to give a break because it was that or the awful Super Saiyan Four, but 'It's Freeza but he gold now!'....seriously?

A wild Shiny FREEZA appeared!  What will Goku do?

Save for Vegeta, at least the first Super Saiyan forms had altered hairstyles.  They weren't just a lazy palette swap.

Edited by Sailor Unicron, 29 April 2015 - 02:58 PM.

You are more than flesh and bone / Can't you see, you're something beautiful...you gotta believe that you are / Someone worth dying for

God's not dead!

In 1996: "TRUKK NOT MUNKEY!"; In 2013: "PONEE NOT HUGHMAN!"; in 2014: "TREE NOT CASSUL"; Regardless of the fandom, it all boils down to one thing: "RUINED FOREVA!"

DA account

#46 Shadewing

Shadewing

Artichoke of Misery

• Supporter
  • 36482 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 29 April 2015 - 05:00 PM

A miserable little pile of secrets. And palette swaps.

3DS Friend Code: 0387-9040-3532

Twitch Channel

Youtube Replays

VOTE for what I play on 8/30!

Friday: Sonic Generations - Sunday: Transformers WFC - Tuesday: Little Inferno

#47 Shadewing

Shadewing

Artichoke of Misery

• Supporter
  • 36482 posts

Posted 29 April 2015 - 05:03 PM

Also I still prefer Super Sayian 4, becuase at least that is an actual form change and not just 'Oh, I'm going to dye my hair RED today to fight the villian!"

Twitch Channel

Youtube Replays

#48 HellCat

HellCat

Opinionated idiot

• Citizen
  • 28707 posts

Posted 29 April 2015 - 05:11 PM

I'm mixed because on the one hand I think saying a true Super Saiyan needs to have the tail actually makes sense.

On the other hand, I think the SS4 design looks silly and GT never did anything that really sold it as what it was meant to be. I mean going into SS 2 simply powering up shook the entire planet. Super Saiyan 4 is one of the many times GT TELLS us this is beyond anything we've seen before but nothing about it really sells that as the case.

#49 TheMightyMollusk

TheMightyMollusk

Master of the sword, champion of the fight

• Supporter
  • 45432 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 29 April 2015 - 05:19 PM

There's basically no reason Goku doesn't break the planet rolling over in his sleep at this point. Trying to make sense out of power levels in this franchise is a fool's errand.

#50 Shadewing

Shadewing

Artichoke of Misery

• Supporter
  • 36482 posts

Posted 29 April 2015 - 05:22 PM

I'm mixed because on the one hand I think saying a true Super Saiyan needs to have the tail actually makes sense.

On the other hand, I think the SS4 design looks silly and GT never did anything that really sold it as what it was meant to be. I mean going into SS 2 simply powering up shook the entire planet. Super Saiyan 4 is one of the many times GT TELLS us this is beyond anything we've seen before but nothing about it really sells that as the case.

That is the fault of GT, which is filled with faults, and not the actual form itself. There is, imo, nothing wrong with the design and as you say it makes sense. Its just like everything else in GT there was a lot of missteps. GT has some good and interesting ideas, like Trunks being the bored president of CC and looks for adventure. Plenty of fun that could be had there. Pan is a rather fun character, but as mentioned by others limited by the fact they decided she couldn't go Super Sayian. Not having Goten join as they could have really helped sell the threat of Bebi if a fused SS3 Gotenks couldn't deal with them. I think that's generally why the Omega Shenlong arc is the most memorable part of the series, becuase it felt like they were trying to really sell the threat of everything.

Twitch Channel

Youtube Replays

#51 HellCat

HellCat

Opinionated idiot

• Citizen
  • 28707 posts

Posted 29 April 2015 - 05:38 PM

I dislike Pan because she's basically a brat. I don't expect her to stay as the little girl who loves her grandpa but in GT she's just the worst kind of teenage brat and when all that attitude isn't even backed up by being able to go at least Super Saiyan...

Likewise, I'm not the biggest fan of where they took Goten. I can kind of see why he might have turned out like that but the one note angle of him being a teenage playboy does nothing for me. Especially given how bland his character design was.

#52 Shadewing

Shadewing

Artichoke of Misery

• Supporter
  • 36482 posts

Posted 29 April 2015 - 06:21 PM

I dislike Pan because she's basically a brat. I don't expect her to stay as the little girl who loves her grandpa but in GT she's just the worst kind of teenage brat and when all that attitude isn't even backed up by being able to go at least Super Saiyan...

Likewise, I'm not the biggest fan of where they took Goten. I can kind of see why he might have turned out like that but the one note angle of him being a teenage playboy does nothing for me. Especially given how bland his character design was.

Goten probably would have been less one-note if he'd actually been a main character in the series. I like Vegeta's idea "Our kids have gotten soft, so lets throw them into space on a dangerous adventure." It's totally in character for him and is fitting to the world and themes. It would/should have allowed Goten to grow out of the teenage playboy phase with him and Trunks basically having to both grow up more to protect Goku with his significantly decreased power level and Pan with her stupidly limited one when thing started to get serious on the machine planet. And Plus, I feel it would have added more weight to the reveal of SS4 when Goku finally recovers his power level after they get beaten merciliessly; as Gotenks was one of their strongest fighters and his absurd 'make shit up' fighting style meant he was unpredicable and dangerously so. So Gotenks getting owned would have really given a good reason to need an even stronger form to win. ...yes it would kinda mirror the Buu arc even more.. but it would have at least upped the drama as that arc lasted WAY too long and got really boring when it felt like they weren't using their full potential to tell the story.

Twitch Channel

Youtube Replays

#53 Sean Whitmore

Sean Whitmore
  • Citizen
  • 8042 posts

Posted 29 April 2015 - 06:26 PM

I wouldn't say that I liked feckless teen Gotenks, but I did like the idea that he'd be the most likely of the group to normalize, having lived most of his life in an era of peace.

PSN: SeanWhitmore

Switch: SW-7452-6932-0513

3DS: 0490-6399-8582

I did a new video thing:
https://www.allspark.com/forums/topic/159447-whos-the-right-arm/

#54 Varnon

Varnon

Counterpoint is a man's soul.

• Citizen
  • 10207 posts

Posted 29 April 2015 - 06:27 PM

"A true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles."

I guess I would consider more DB material. Not sure I could maintain the same kind of interest as I could when I was a teenager. Might be a pass for me, but I'm still curious about the new material.

What signature?

#55 Tyranno

Tyranno

Let's not lose our heads

• Citizen
  • 35133 posts

Posted 29 April 2015 - 06:31 PM

I prefer the color changes because... honestly, the physical transformations and spontaneous hair growth fits less with the fact that these are martial artists getting their strength through training and their own spiritual energy. The glowing hair and auras are about the limit of what I would accept from thhat; Frieza getting a color change instead of another transformation likewise shows that he's finally relying on self improvement and not on the fact that he was born a prodigy and his alien race's mysterious awesome powers, and that's finally training to improve himself for once in his life instead of riding on ego and meeting his adversaries on semi equal terms.

"Disabled people dont have special needs. We have very reasonable human needs. Our needs include freedom from abuse, violence, and mistreatment, the right to autonomy and self-direction, the right to represent ourselves, equal opportunity for education and employment, the right to accommodation, and societal inclusion and acceptance.

The need for accommodation isnt a special need. Its a basic human right. Its a leveling of the playing field that allows us the same opportunities and chances as non-disabled people."

- Amethyst Schaber, http://neurowonderful.tumblr.com/

#56 HellCat

HellCat

Opinionated idiot

• Citizen
  • 28707 posts

Posted 29 April 2015 - 07:02 PM

"A true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles."

"Y-you're just hugging with me! Super pooper scoopers are just legend!!"

#57 Eneon

Eneon
  • Citizen
  • 6166 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 29 April 2015 - 07:37 PM

I wasn't much of a fan of the archetype when I was younger, but Pan's personality is one of my favorite things in my current watch of GT.

And it's not her fault she didn't go Super Saiyan.

You know, I think it's kind of weird we haven't seen any forms with extra arms yet.

I wouldn't be surprised if they go there at some point.

#58 Fishbug

Fishbug

Coming out of my can and I've been doing just fine

• Citizen
  • 11935 posts
  • Faction::Predacon

Posted 29 April 2015 - 09:07 PM

It's somewhat amusing that despite being the spotlight villain over and over again, we still don't know what the hell to call Frieza and his race.

And form 3 > everything else.

25aputg.jpg
#WHERESINJECTOR

#59 Sailor Unicron

Sailor Unicron
  • Citizen
  • 3551 posts

Posted 29 April 2015 - 09:12 PM

It's somewhat amusing that despite being the spotlight villain over and over again, we still don't know what the hell to call Frieza and his race.

And form 3 > everything else.

Dragon Ball Xenoverse called them both Frieza Race and Frost Demons, if the Dragon Ball Wiki is to be believed.

Personally, I prefer the latter to the former.

Edited by Sailor Unicron, 29 April 2015 - 09:20 PM.

God's not dead!

DA account

#60 Shadewing

Shadewing

Artichoke of Misery

• Supporter
  • 36482 posts

Posted 29 April 2015 - 09:21 PM

I'd rather call them Frost Demons, then just 'Frieza Race' mihgt as well make the Sayian's 'Goku Race'  and humans 'Krillan Race'

Twitch Channel

Youtube Replays

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users