Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Bass X0 : (20 May 2019 - 11:16 AM)

SEND THE BOOKS!!

@  Cybersnark : (20 May 2019 - 08:52 AM)

So, now that Game of Thrones is over, when can we get back to The Dragon Prince?

@  unluckiness : (20 May 2019 - 12:19 AM)

Like, half of them nowadays are montages of tweet screencaps from the writer's inbox

@  unluckiness : (20 May 2019 - 12:18 AM)

lol you expected integrity from internet news

@  fourteenwings : (19 May 2019 - 11:33 PM)

I'm mostly confused how news sites went from "Analysing all the amazingness of Game of Thrones" to "Fans sure don't like this season!", like... way to prioritize clicks over a solid editorial opinion

@  fourteenwings : (19 May 2019 - 11:30 PM)

[and there's a recurring setting of a "derelict industrial site"] is this like the Toei Quarry?

@  MEDdMI : (19 May 2019 - 11:17 PM)

@Foffy and then that giant lasagna just tipped over and killed everyone, to be later known as the infamous Bad Monday event.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (19 May 2019 - 10:59 PM)

Ahahaha!!! Go read the reactions for yourself. To say anything more here risks spoiling the finale for subscribing Allsparkers, the quality of this season notwithstanding.

@  Foffy : (19 May 2019 - 10:59 PM)

pretty wild how heathcliff was in the game of thrones finale, i was not expecting that crossover

@  TM2-Megatron : (19 May 2019 - 10:48 PM)

were they still super pissed?

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (19 May 2019 - 10:48 PM)

Well, as someone who is not into Game of Thrones, it sure was entertaining to open up social media this evening to unexpectedly see headlines about fan reactions to the finale. Lmao.

@  Nevermore : (19 May 2019 - 06:12 PM)

But it's also a SUPER-well known location in my region, so these extensive exterior shots without any post production alterations completely ruin the illusion for me.

@  Nevermore : (19 May 2019 - 06:11 PM)

I mean, I get why they did it: It's an existing location that fits the purpose, it's open for the public, and they had to shoot some scenes in my home state anyway to due a subsidizing deal.

@  Nevermore : (19 May 2019 - 06:09 PM)

Needless to say, it's not in Berlin, and even what's seen onscreen is waaaaay too modern for something that's supposed to exist in 1929 (even moreso as a derelict site in 1929). The structures seen haven't even been built until the 1960s!

@  Nevermore : (19 May 2019 - 06:07 PM)

I'm currently in the process of watching season 2 of Babylon Berlin, and there's a recurring setting of a "derelict industrial site" or whatever it's supposed to be on the show, and I easily recognize it as a place only a few minutes from where I live (it's actually a former ironworks site that's been turned into a public park).

@  Xellos : (19 May 2019 - 05:52 PM)

Ever since I went to Japan last year, I have friend who dread watching anime with me due to that...

@  Xellos : (19 May 2019 - 05:51 PM)

Not hugely, but I am the type to notice places once I have been there and say "Hey, I've been there!"

@  wonko the sane? : (19 May 2019 - 05:50 PM)

Half of new york city (on tape.) is actually montreal.

@  TM2-Megatron : (19 May 2019 - 05:50 PM)

I watched Death Wish 5 last night and clearly recognized Toronto streets; didn't pull me out of Bronson's 1-man war on drugs or fashion or whatever it was that pissed him off that time

@  TM2-Megatron : (19 May 2019 - 05:49 PM)

it's nice to finally be thought of as exotic by somebody! lol

@  Nevermore : (19 May 2019 - 05:48 PM)

In an "I cannot possibly make my brain ignore the location I'm familiar with and pretend it's whatever the story claims it is" way?

@  Nevermore : (19 May 2019 - 05:42 PM)

Question for those of you living in exotic locations such as the US or the UK: If you watch a movie or a TV show that features a real-life location as a stand-in for someplace else, and you recognize the real-life location due to having been there in person, does that pull you out of the story?

@  Xellos : (19 May 2019 - 05:15 PM)

Maybe you should have installed macOS in your house instead.

@  Noideaforaname : (19 May 2019 - 04:40 PM)

Nothing like coming home after a long day to find a bird in the house. And then once you sit down for a well-earned rest after leading the bird back outside, you find it had a friend. A friend who *really* doesn't understand how windows work...

@  PlutoniumBoss : (19 May 2019 - 01:26 PM)

Bingo. The big polls don't tell people what's actually happening because that doesn't sell.

@  fourteenwings : (19 May 2019 - 10:59 AM)

IIRC there are good polls but data is easily manipulated so they give people what they want to hear

@  wonko the sane? : (19 May 2019 - 10:58 AM)

The only way to get people interested in politics is to make into reality TV. So they lie to do it.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (19 May 2019 - 01:38 AM)

Yeah, polling these days is garbage.

@  Sean Whitmore : (18 May 2019 - 11:53 PM)

Well, he was an honest man. He wasn’t gonna lie to a 5-year-old.

@  Paladin : (18 May 2019 - 08:34 PM)

Grandfather once said to me, "I'm going upstairs and hug your grandma."

@  Sabrblade : (18 May 2019 - 07:08 PM)

Mama always said that you can tell a lot 'bout a person from 'is shoes...

@  TheMightyMol... : (18 May 2019 - 03:54 PM)

Life is like a box of chocolates. Stay out of the sun or melt into a pile of gross slop.

@  wonko the sane? : (18 May 2019 - 10:26 AM)

Greasy, disappointing and still managing to be over priced?

@  Lancer : (18 May 2019 - 10:22 AM)

... Yes, it is!

@  Noideaforaname : (18 May 2019 - 09:48 AM)

Life's a fillet of fish!

@  unluckiness : (18 May 2019 - 08:53 AM)

ow the edge

@  Paladin : (18 May 2019 - 07:03 AM)

a reminder that life is an unrepentant hellscape where everyone & everything you know will eventually betray you.

@  Pennpenn : (18 May 2019 - 06:45 AM)

You know, this election is what has finally broken me of any confidence at any point of pre-polling data. I mean, it's always been sketchy, but this is just... aaaargh!

@  Pennpenn : (18 May 2019 - 06:08 AM)

I was going to make an Auspol election thread in P&R, but the outcome so far has made me feel physically ill.

@  Gamma V : (18 May 2019 - 03:28 AM)

Haven't been here in a long time.

@  Pennpenn : (18 May 2019 - 03:16 AM)

I have heard that, it's rather disappointing. Ah, maybe they'll just leech each others stores of "awful racist vote" and not go anywhere.

@  Trpodeca : (17 May 2019 - 11:09 PM)

I voted. Boy there are a worrying amount of parties which sound like fascists.

@  Pennpenn : (17 May 2019 - 06:55 PM)

For those in Australia, it is a federal election today. Go Vote! It's Mandatory!

@  TheMightyMol... : (17 May 2019 - 04:19 PM)

Humor? I 'ardly know 'or!

@  wonko the sane? : (17 May 2019 - 03:51 PM)

I was intemately familiar with humour... but she just wanted to be friends...

@  Maximus Ambus : (17 May 2019 - 12:10 PM)

BZT Time out! Time out! Time ooooooouuuuuut!!!

@  unluckiness : (17 May 2019 - 08:23 AM)

Yes. Are you familiar with humor?

@  Sabrblade : (17 May 2019 - 07:50 AM)

You are familiar with The Room, yes?

@  unluckiness : (17 May 2019 - 01:14 AM)

nah, tuxedos are formal wear

@  Sabrblade : (16 May 2019 - 10:38 PM)

*...while dressed in a tuxedo*

Photo
- - - - -

Yo, it's the Dragon Ball thread! Z, Kai, Super, FighterZ, and anything else you wish to discuss

1589 replies to this topic

#1 HellCat

HellCat

Opinionated idiot

• Citizen
  • 28221 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 09:09 AM

http://www.toonzone....-for-july-2015/

My underpants?

Dodoria:"Complete annihilation."

Edited by HellCat, 13 January 2018 - 09:55 AM.

#2 Eneon

Eneon
  • Citizen
  • 6166 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 28 April 2015 - 09:11 AM

I really hope it isn't just "The Goku Show", but I'm excited.

#3 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 64624 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 28 April 2015 - 09:12 AM

So will this have anything to do with the new blue and red haired Goku and gold Freiza movie?

ACItEK8.png

#4 HellCat

HellCat

Opinionated idiot

• Citizen
  • 28221 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 09:14 AM

So will this have anything to do with the new blue and red haired Goku and gold Freiza movie?

Per the article this is indeed set after Battle of Gods and Resurrection of F.

#5 Eneon

Eneon
  • Citizen
  • 6166 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 09:26 AM

I don't hate GT as much as most people seem to, but I do hope all of this new stuff eventually does outright replace it.

I like the idea that Bulla/Bra should be absurdly strong because of how powerful Vegata was when she was/will be conceived.

Edited by Silent_Magnus, 28 April 2015 - 09:27 AM.

#6 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 64624 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 28 April 2015 - 09:51 AM

Thanks, yeah I just read the article.  Interesting that they're bringing it back.  But everything popular comes back again eventually.  :)

Randy

ACItEK8.png

#7 Fishbug

Fishbug

Coming out of my can and I've been doing just fine

• Citizen
  • 11913 posts
  • Faction::Predacon

Posted 28 April 2015 - 10:16 AM

So I guess this is DBZ's ReG1?

25aputg.jpg
#WHERESINJECTOR

#8 Daith

Daith

My Nyah brings all the girls to the yard

• Supporter
  • 8924 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 10:37 AM

DBS to replace DBGT. Hopefully with Toriyama's input it'll do better. But as Gundam, Indiana Jones, and Star Wars has shown us sometimes the original creator might need to step back and let someone else take the franchise. Still I don't think it'll be hard to top GT.

#9 unluckiness

unluckiness

THE HUGGING STRONG in color

• Citizen
  • 18610 posts
  • Faction::Minicon

Posted 28 April 2015 - 11:05 AM

Seeing how the Battle of Gods movie turned out, this'll at least have good fight scenes. 

xOyvpt9.png

#10 Eneon

Eneon
  • Citizen
  • 6166 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 11:51 AM

Toriyama has some issues, such as forgetting characters and forms, but I still like him as a creator.

I read "Jaco the Galactic Patrolman" recently and thought it was a pretty fun adventure.

I wouldn't be surprised if they adapted that into a movie or OVA at some point.

Edited by Silent_Magnus, 28 April 2015 - 11:51 AM.

#11 Aberration

Aberration
  • Citizen
  • 2803 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 11:53 AM

I hope that, with no manga to follow, this can be paced like a real TV show. I loved DBZ, but I'm old and don't have time to get into a 300 episode series again.

I'll have to track down the new movies at some point though, have they all been dubbed?

#12 Eneon

Eneon
  • Citizen
  • 6166 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 11:55 AM

I hope that, with no manga to follow, this can be paced like a real TV show. I loved DBZ, but I'm old and don't have time to get into a 300 episode series again.

I'll have to track down the new movies at some point though, have they all been dubbed?

"Battle of Gods" has been dubbed, but "Revival of F" only recently debuted in theaters in Japan.
I think it's planned to come out in English sometime in the summer.

Edited by Silent_Magnus, 28 April 2015 - 12:06 PM.

#13 Axaday

Axaday
  • Supporter
  • 34201 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 02:26 PM

I'm in

#14 tec

tec

Put a little spring in your step

• Supporter
  • 30255 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 28 April 2015 - 03:50 PM

So DBZ and Sailor Moon huh

So whats missing now Bubblegum Crisis?

I know a lot of people thats gonna be happy for new DBZ

Edited by tec, 28 April 2015 - 03:50 PM.

Visit my store! Vintage toys (SW/ST/TFs Collectables)

www.vintagenerdvana.com

Wait. Wait, wait, wait. Are you telling me that tec has a job? I thought his sole reasons for existence are cheesecake and horrible grammar.-Shadowman024

#15 Sean Whitmore

Sean Whitmore
  • Citizen
  • 7910 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 04:55 PM

Man, I gotta hurry up and watch Battle of Gods. I've had it for months, but I'm so used to doing other things while I watch TV that I can't find a solid hour to sit and pay attention to something that's subtitled.

I didn't even realize the sequel had already come out. Weird that they went back to the Frieza well. With a fanbase that memorizes and defends character power levels like they're from the Torah, it's funny to me that they'd go back 3 or 4 Big Bads (not counting GT, obviously) and try to make him threatening again.

PSN: SeanWhitmore

Switch: SW-7452-6932-0513

3DS: 0490-6399-8582

I did a new video thing:
https://www.allspark.com/forums/topic/159447-whos-the-right-arm/

#16 Confuzor

Confuzor

They put em in Smash Bros!!!!

• Supporter
  • 7764 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 05:06 PM

This is totally a thing I'm down for! And I too would love to see some actual prowess from Bulla/Bra as well.  I'd like to see a canon female supersaiyan dammit!

#17 D.M

D.M
  • Citizen
  • 2930 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 05:52 PM

Gotta admire Japanese studios for not having cynical attitude toward their own old shows.

#18 Eneon

Eneon
  • Citizen
  • 6166 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 06:03 PM

I liked Battle of Gods, and I haven't seen Revival of F yet, but I think a series makes for a better Dragon Ball revival.

With both Battle of Gods and and the older special where they introduced Vegeta's brother I got the impression they were spending time checking a lot of boxes. Making sure they get enough references in there to satisfy all of the fans.

With a series I would hope they would have enough space to focus on more new stuff.(That can then be referenced in later movies)

This is totally a thing I'm down for! And I too would love to see some actual prowess from Bulla/Bra as well.  I'd like to see a canon female supersaiyan dammit!

I've been re-watching GT recently, good to watch before bed, and there were a couple moments when they were on M-2, the Machine Mutant planet, that seemed like they would have been perfect for Pan to go Super Saiyan. So disappointing.

Edited by Silent_Magnus, 28 April 2015 - 06:03 PM.

#19 Shadewing

Shadewing

Evil faces a Black Night

• Supporter
  • 36051 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 28 April 2015 - 07:25 PM

While I am a fan of DBZ, I kinda feel the the new stuff is kinda creatively bankrupt. Vegata's brother, Bardock being the legendary Super Sayian, "new" Super Sayian forms that are just normal super sayian with red or blue hair, Freiza's new form being his old form in gold. GT wasn't perfect, but at least it had idea that didn't feel like retreading everything, even SS4 was somethign interesting and different then just a damn pallet swap. So I am not really sure if this isn't gonna be more of the same.

3DS Friend Code: 0387-9040-3532

Twitch Channel

Youtube Replays

VOTE for what I play on 8/30!

Friday: Sonic Generations - Sunday: Transformers WFC - Tuesday: Little Inferno

#20 Eneon

Eneon
  • Citizen
  • 6166 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 07:47 PM

While I am a fan of DBZ, I kinda feel the the new stuff is kinda creatively bankrupt. Vegata's brother, Bardock being the legendary Super Sayian, "new" Super Sayian forms that are just normal super sayian with red or blue hair, Freiza's new form being his old form in gold. GT wasn't perfect, but at least it had idea that didn't feel like retreading everything, even SS4 was somethign interesting and different then just a damn pallet swap. So I am not really sure if this isn't gonna be more of the same.

I think that's being a bit reductive. Dragon Ball is more than just the forms and power ups. Having a hook to get people to watch doesn't mean the rest of it can't be fun and interesting.

Also, isn't the Bardock thing a non-canon video game tie-in?

edit:

That said, I think that sentiment goes along with my wanting them to move away from the movie format.

The reason they're handing out new forms like candy might be because they think it's required for movies.

A new series would probably also have new forms, but there would probably be, proportionally, less time dedicated to them.

Edited by Silent_Magnus, 28 April 2015 - 08:08 PM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users