Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  PlutoniumBoss : (24 April 2018 - 01:01 AM)

I dislike him despite the trenchcoat. He's a jerk, and not the lovable kind. One note, and that note is douchebag.

@  Cybersnark : (23 April 2018 - 04:47 PM)

Honestly, I like him DESPITE the "trenchcoat." I prefer to keep it folded behind him like some Gundam-style flight-pack.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (23 April 2018 - 11:04 AM)

People really love movieverse Crosshairs sheerly for the sake of his trenchcoat, don't they?

@  Plokatron : (22 April 2018 - 10:17 PM)

@RichardT1977 @TM2-Megatron I'm not normally one to pull the Ruined Forever card but I care less than zip about anything involving the 2017 Power Rangers movie! They screwed it up worse than Bay past DoTM and a Mastodon has four legs not six! While I'm on this mini rant anyone remember the scans of the Super Sentai Mecha book from a while back? Would it be against the rules to ask if anyone knows where to find the new updated book scanned? I really want the Concept Art for ideas.

@  D Immortalis : (22 April 2018 - 03:39 PM)

hot damn...the new From Ashes To New album isfraggin amazing

@  Steevy Maximus : (21 April 2018 - 08:52 PM)

Just a few more days until my Battletech key goes live on GOG...

@  Steevy Maximus : (21 April 2018 - 08:51 PM)

The first Transformers live action film really IS a lot better than what popular culture has made it out to be.

@  TM2-Megatron : (21 April 2018 - 08:27 PM)

I dunno if I'd go that far. I enjoyed the first Bayformers more than the MMPR Movie remake

@  RichardT1977 : (21 April 2018 - 08:22 PM)

For the record, it was better than the (live-action) Transformers movies.

@  wonko the sane? : (21 April 2018 - 08:21 PM)

No, I wasn't at the krispy kreme when I beat them. Wait, what?

@  Paladin : (21 April 2018 - 08:13 PM)

go back to Krispy Kreme

@  wonko the sane? : (21 April 2018 - 07:08 PM)

I beat five teenagers with attitude before, I can do it again.

@  Pennpenn : (21 April 2018 - 07:02 PM)

Great, after ten thousand years Wonko is free again. Does this mean more Power Rangers are needed? Again?

@  Patchouli Kn... : (21 April 2018 - 06:14 PM)

Ah, the layer of ice that froze it shut finally melted?

@  wonko the sane? : (21 April 2018 - 09:14 AM)

Oh my god! GUYS! It's actually warm enough I was able to open my window!

@  Sabrblade : (20 April 2018 - 11:14 PM)

Eh, I guess. He did fairly well on his own as an independent in his first appearance and such.

@  Otaku : (20 April 2018 - 10:04 PM)

@Sabrblade Vulture tends to fare poorly as his own boss. Working for a great version of Doc Ock ain't a bad gig... and I did ask if about "bad" as opposed to "not the best". ;)

@  Plokatron : (20 April 2018 - 09:53 PM)

@Egon1982 No my friend Mutator Spiders as in get caught in their web and you are mutated into a even more animalistic creature than you were. Hordika were Half Sentient beings half Wild animal and unlike Spiderman it affected each race slightly differnt with Toa being of a similar mutation to each other. My guess for Spiderman is he would become more spider like but with a inside skeletal structure hmm wonder what Visorak Venom would do to CNA make Dinobot Predacon like monsters or something wild?!

@  Paladin : (20 April 2018 - 04:15 PM)

compared to the "youth-sucking" gimmick from the other series? BIG step up.

@  Sabrblade : (20 April 2018 - 03:57 PM)

@Otaku: What about that show's take on Vulture? He had potential at first but he eventually just settled into being a lackey rather than his own boss.

@  Egon1982 : (20 April 2018 - 02:44 PM)

Did anyone else thought Thunder in Big Trouble in Little China when he was inflating looked like a garbage pail kid before he blew up into salad? I always thought that since seeing the movie in theaters at age 5. 

@  Egon1982 : (20 April 2018 - 02:25 PM)

Mutator spiders as in man-spider?

@  Otaku : (20 April 2018 - 11:06 AM)

Shocker was a pretty good villain in The Spectacular Spider-Man animated series. Wait, does that count since I can't think of a bad take on any character from that series? ;)

@  Arazyr : (20 April 2018 - 09:26 AM)

Ontario/Detroit area? Yeah. Supposedly, you could feel it from where I live, but I didn't notice. I never feel these things. 8(

@  Paladin : (20 April 2018 - 07:08 AM)

so that WAS an earthquake last night...

@  Plokatron : (19 April 2018 - 09:43 PM)

Webhead Vs. Mutater Spiders. Hmmm I can see this ending badly with HordikaMan Hey maybe it'd make Venom catchable with spider sense.

@  Broadside : (19 April 2018 - 09:16 PM)

Can't wait for Spider-Man to fight the Visorak

@  RichardT1977 : (19 April 2018 - 05:32 PM)

Aw, man!

@  TheMightyMol... : (19 April 2018 - 04:47 PM)

SNIPER NO SNIPING

@  Bass X0 : (19 April 2018 - 04:33 PM)

SNIPERER!

@  Paladin : (19 April 2018 - 10:34 AM)

hated that game. damn sniper level's insane.

@  Plokatron : (19 April 2018 - 08:21 AM)

You know what's funny? Both Spiderman and Bionicle have a title in common. Web of Shadows. :p

@  Liege : (19 April 2018 - 08:03 AM)

Don't mocks the Shocker!

@  unluckiness : (19 April 2018 - 04:46 AM)

But he's the second lamest Spider-Man villain

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (18 April 2018 - 10:56 PM)

You know.. for all intents and purposes, Shocker should have won in Kamen Rider 71.

@  Plokatron : (18 April 2018 - 06:55 PM)

:wtf :D :wtf Can't wait can't wait just a couple more days and I'm at Comiccon Cape! Gonna be a blast! I hope they have that freaking proper Master Sword Replica this year with the black handel (I love the one from the old comic drawn by the guy who did Cyborg 009)!!!

@  TheMightyMol... : (18 April 2018 - 05:55 AM)

Found on Cranialtome.

@  unluckiness : (18 April 2018 - 05:32 AM)

Oh, so MP-scaled Bill Cypher with stupidly fiddly hands.

@  wonko the sane? : (17 April 2018 - 08:47 AM)

through a third party on facebook.

@  RichardT1977 : (16 April 2018 - 11:30 PM)

Did the Vok know Bill Cipher?

@  Steevy Maximus : (16 April 2018 - 08:09 PM)

See my thread ;)

@  wonko the sane? : (16 April 2018 - 01:32 PM)

Do you mean physically without actually wiring them up?

@  wonko the sane? : (16 April 2018 - 01:32 PM)

Uh... how do you not know?

@  Steevy Maximus : (16 April 2018 - 12:46 PM)

I'm wondering if HP stuck in an extra 128SDD + 3TB HDD into the computer I bought for $850

@  Benbot : (16 April 2018 - 11:58 AM)

"OH"

@  Sabrblade : (16 April 2018 - 11:06 AM)

"Semper Fi"

@  EShadowP : (16 April 2018 - 10:36 AM)

"Simper-Fi" :thumbsup

@  Plokatron : (16 April 2018 - 12:31 AM)

Oh my word it is true. The greatest Gunnery Sargent to live is now gone. Gunny I know I'd of never cut the mustard if you were my CO but as I friend I would of been humbled and honored to know a man who truly knew the corp. May the jackets always be full metal and no watermelon left standing. Forgive the jokes there but you made it clear you hated watermelons with how many you sliced, blasted and plain disintegrated on Tv. :thumbsup  (Why do we not have a Wheeljack salute emot?)  Simper-Fi Carry on Gunny see you up there in the great kingdom one day hope you enjoy the company of my great uncles and everyone who you saw last on that field of honor.

@  Plokatron : (16 April 2018 - 12:21 AM)

Wait what!!!!!!! Gunny is dead!!!!

@  Sabrblade : (15 April 2018 - 09:37 PM)

RIP, R. Lee Ermey :(

Photo

Suicide Squad - 2016 movie discussion

498 replies to this topic

#481 Broadside

Broadside

Black hole sun/Won't you come/And swallow Cybertron

• Apprentice Staff
  • 9880 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 22 September 2016 - 07:57 AM

I really hope you're posting that ironically.

#482 Jalaguy

Jalaguy

won't hold Six Shot upside-down.

• Staff
  • 8758 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 05 October 2016 - 03:23 PM

https://twitter.com/...685958034034689

For god's sake, Warner Bros.

#483 Ironbite

Ironbite

Gaze into the Thousand Faces of Death

• Supporter
  • 25112 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 05 October 2016 - 03:31 PM

How much more Joker footage did they throw in there?

xC9l3eY.gif

#484 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 61616 posts

Posted 05 October 2016 - 06:11 PM

Yeah I thought it strange that the scenes that we saw of Harley and Joker through those set photos never ended up in there.

#485 Telly

Telly

Killing forums since 1999!

• Retired Staff
  • 6911 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 05 October 2016 - 09:01 PM

if theyre gonna keep releasing all their movies in extended editions, im gonna stop going to the theater to see them as thats not the one they apparently want me to see

When I die I will surely go to Heaven for i spent my life in Hell

#486 Jalaguy

Jalaguy

• Staff
  • 8758 posts

Posted 06 October 2016 - 01:45 AM

Yeah, after the reviews came through I figured I'd just wait for for home video, and unexpectedly WB seems to support me in that decision.

As somebody who is indifferent at best to what they're doing with these films, WB sure is doing a great job of convincing me to never bother seeing any of them in the cinema ever.

#487 skankerzero

skankerzero

Back in DFW!

• Citizen
  • 7459 posts

Posted 07 October 2016 - 11:24 AM

WB came out a month or so ago and said that in the future, they're just going to release the movies in whatever length they're supposed to be in as opposed to editing them down like they did with the last two.

-----------
jesse sosa
owner / creative director
Dinosaur Games

#488 Dusty

Dusty
  • Citizen
  • 5850 posts

Posted 07 October 2016 - 02:40 PM

Yeah, after the reviews came through I figured I'd just wait for for home video, and unexpectedly WB seems to support me in that decision.

As somebody who is indifferent at best to what they're doing with these films, WB sure is doing a great job of convincing me to never bother seeing any of them in the cinema ever.

I'm hoping that's going to be something that stops with the Johns regime.

#489 Rust

Rust

Slightly Off

• Supporter
  • 43247 posts

Posted 08 October 2016 - 11:30 AM

WB came out a month or so ago and said that in the future, they're just going to release the movies in whatever length they're supposed to be in as opposed to editing them down like they did with the last two.

So Justice League is going to be 10 hours long to cover all the origin stories and story set up?

Numbers 24:17

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. Plato

#490 Jalaguy

Jalaguy

• Staff
  • 8758 posts

Posted 21 November 2016 - 09:59 AM

So I finally saw Suicide Squad, and wow, I don't I've ever felt as much second-hand embarrassment from a piece of entertainment before. I legit had my face in my hands when the Joker started waffling about how he's An Idea, and Can't Be Loved...

Deadshot and Harley were decent enough, though some of the gags she was saddled with were kind of cringey too.

#491 Mouse_Pad

Mouse_Pad

It's a nice day for a...

• Citizen
  • 8833 posts

Posted 21 November 2016 - 01:54 PM

Has anybody yet seen both versions of the film yet?  I'm wondering if it's worth sitting through a second time for the extra footage.  BvS wasn't.

#492 skankerzero

skankerzero

Back in DFW!

• Citizen
  • 7459 posts

Posted 23 November 2016 - 01:47 AM

If you didn't think BvS was worth it with 30 extra minutes that actually clarified some plot holes, then you will definitely not think SS is worth it. I think it's only about 10 minutes or so of extra footage.

-----------
jesse sosa
owner / creative director
Dinosaur Games

#493 Telly

Telly

Killing forums since 1999!

• Retired Staff
  • 6911 posts

Posted 23 November 2016 - 02:04 AM

i didnt think this movie was all that bad. probly helps i know very little about dc characters nowadays lol

i did think joker was...i dont even know how to describe it. and i dont think hes all that devoted to harley to do all that. but theres like 20 years difference between the joker i know and this one, so ymmv

When I die I will surely go to Heaven for i spent my life in Hell

#494 Jalaguy

Jalaguy

• Staff
  • 8758 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 05:54 PM

So apparently they're gonna do a Gotham City Sirens film... directed by Ayer.

http://www.hollywood...llains-project-

#495 Tyranno

Tyranno

Let's not lose our heads

• Citizen
  • 34204 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 06:08 PM

Ew.

"Disabled people donít have special needs. We have very reasonable human needs. Our needs include freedom from abuse, violence, and mistreatment, the right to autonomy and self-direction, the right to represent ourselves, equal opportunity for education and employment, the right to accommodation, and societal inclusion and acceptance.

The need for accommodation isnít a ďspecial needĒ. Itís a basic human right. Itís a leveling of the playing field that allows us the same opportunities and chances as non-disabled people."

- Amethyst Schaber, http://neurowonderful.tumblr.com/

#496 Caldwin

Caldwin

Wha?

• Supporter
  • 21846 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 13 December 2016 - 11:21 PM

Well, I just saw it tonight. Never did see it in the theatre. Can't say I'm sorry for that. I watched the extended version. I see no reason to see the theatrical.

I think it was a decent enough movie. I mean, I don't see it winning any awards any time soon and some of Harley's lines had some odd syncopated delivery that made no sense. Jared Leto's Joker was...well to be fair, no one's ever going to top Heath Ledger, but he seemed less crazy psycho clown and more street thug.

I also find it funny that the animated version (Assault on Arkham) seemed to have more balls than the live action version (more blood, bigger body count, more swearing, more toplessness, more yahtzee).

But over all, it was a nice mindless special effects action romp. I'll probably see it again when I just want to see pretty light shows and things go boom.
PSN = Caldwin
Wii U = Caldwin
Switch = SW-7457-8143-2029
3DS = 5370-0412-9068

#497 Fishbug

Fishbug

precocious

• Citizen
  • 11809 posts
  • Faction::Predacon

Posted 14 December 2016 - 11:14 AM

Thing is, wanksta Joker could work if he wasn't played straight.

Oh well at least it's not Young Justice Joker.
25aputg.jpg
#WHERESINJECTOR

#498 Robowang

Robowang

Nard Extractor

• Supporter
  • 3553 posts
  • Faction::Vehicon

Posted 14 December 2016 - 01:02 PM

Aside from his awful design, I actually liked this Joker pretty well. I did not see the extended version, though. Just whatever was posted on Exodus.

NEEDS: Beast Wars Powerpinch

Beast Wars Returns Strika

Beast Wars Returns Obsidian

SCF Chase figures - see post here - plenty to trade

Robowang's eBay Store - lots of TFs

MY WANTS LIST

My feedback

#499 Axaday

Axaday
  • Supporter
  • 33971 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 10:18 AM

I saw Suicide Squad finally. I didn't avoid it because of bad reviews. I was just busy. But the bad reviews probably primed me so I really wasn't disappointed. Not one of my new favorite movies, but I thought it was good enough. I couldn't help but think about how much more they did, character-wise, with their ensemble cast than Rogue One managed. I had no previous knowledge of the big bad. I thought they'd be going after Joker. I didn't find I much cared about the big bad, but I had plenty of connection with most of the Task Force themselves. I appreciated the stinger, which I hadn't heard anything about.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users