Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Nevermore : (19 May 2019 - 06:12 PM)

But it's also a SUPER-well known location in my region, so these extensive exterior shots without any post production alterations completely ruin the illusion for me.

@  Nevermore : (19 May 2019 - 06:11 PM)

I mean, I get why they did it: It's an existing location that fits the purpose, it's open for the public, and they had to shoot some scenes in my home state anyway to due a subsidizing deal.

@  Nevermore : (19 May 2019 - 06:09 PM)

Needless to say, it's not in Berlin, and even what's seen onscreen is waaaaay too modern for something that's supposed to exist in 1929 (even moreso as a derelict site in 1929). The structures seen haven't even been built until the 1960s!

@  Nevermore : (19 May 2019 - 06:07 PM)

I'm currently in the process of watching season 2 of Babylon Berlin, and there's a recurring setting of a "derelict industrial site" or whatever it's supposed to be on the show, and I easily recognize it as a place only a few minutes from where I live (it's actually a former ironworks site that's been turned into a public park).

@  Xellos : (19 May 2019 - 05:52 PM)

Ever since I went to Japan last year, I have friend who dread watching anime with me due to that...

@  Xellos : (19 May 2019 - 05:51 PM)

Not hugely, but I am the type to notice places once I have been there and say "Hey, I've been there!"

@  wonko the sane? : (19 May 2019 - 05:50 PM)

Half of new york city (on tape.) is actually montreal.

@  TM2-Megatron : (19 May 2019 - 05:50 PM)

I watched Death Wish 5 last night and clearly recognized Toronto streets; didn't pull me out of Bronson's 1-man war on drugs or fashion or whatever it was that pissed him off that time

@  TM2-Megatron : (19 May 2019 - 05:49 PM)

it's nice to finally be thought of as exotic by somebody! lol

@  Nevermore : (19 May 2019 - 05:48 PM)

In an "I cannot possibly make my brain ignore the location I'm familiar with and pretend it's whatever the story claims it is" way?

@  Nevermore : (19 May 2019 - 05:42 PM)

Question for those of you living in exotic locations such as the US or the UK: If you watch a movie or a TV show that features a real-life location as a stand-in for someplace else, and you recognize the real-life location due to having been there in person, does that pull you out of the story?

@  Xellos : (19 May 2019 - 05:15 PM)

Maybe you should have installed macOS in your house instead.

@  Noideaforaname : (19 May 2019 - 04:40 PM)

Nothing like coming home after a long day to find a bird in the house. And then once you sit down for a well-earned rest after leading the bird back outside, you find it had a friend. A friend who *really* doesn't understand how windows work...

@  PlutoniumBoss : (19 May 2019 - 01:26 PM)

Bingo. The big polls don't tell people what's actually happening because that doesn't sell.

@  fourteenwings : (19 May 2019 - 10:59 AM)

IIRC there are good polls but data is easily manipulated so they give people what they want to hear

@  wonko the sane? : (19 May 2019 - 10:58 AM)

The only way to get people interested in politics is to make into reality TV. So they lie to do it.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (19 May 2019 - 01:38 AM)

Yeah, polling these days is garbage.

@  Sean Whitmore : (18 May 2019 - 11:53 PM)

Well, he was an honest man. He wasn’t gonna lie to a 5-year-old.

@  Paladin : (18 May 2019 - 08:34 PM)

Grandfather once said to me, "I'm going upstairs and hug your grandma."

@  Sabrblade : (18 May 2019 - 07:08 PM)

Mama always said that you can tell a lot 'bout a person from 'is shoes...

@  TheMightyMol... : (18 May 2019 - 03:54 PM)

Life is like a box of chocolates. Stay out of the sun or melt into a pile of gross slop.

@  wonko the sane? : (18 May 2019 - 10:26 AM)

Greasy, disappointing and still managing to be over priced?

@  Lancer : (18 May 2019 - 10:22 AM)

... Yes, it is!

@  Noideaforaname : (18 May 2019 - 09:48 AM)

Life's a fillet of fish!

@  unluckiness : (18 May 2019 - 08:53 AM)

ow the edge

@  Paladin : (18 May 2019 - 07:03 AM)

a reminder that life is an unrepentant hellscape where everyone & everything you know will eventually betray you.

@  Pennpenn : (18 May 2019 - 06:45 AM)

You know, this election is what has finally broken me of any confidence at any point of pre-polling data. I mean, it's always been sketchy, but this is just... aaaargh!

@  Pennpenn : (18 May 2019 - 06:08 AM)

I was going to make an Auspol election thread in P&R, but the outcome so far has made me feel physically ill.

@  Gamma V : (18 May 2019 - 03:28 AM)

Haven't been here in a long time.

@  Pennpenn : (18 May 2019 - 03:16 AM)

I have heard that, it's rather disappointing. Ah, maybe they'll just leech each others stores of "awful racist vote" and not go anywhere.

@  Trpodeca : (17 May 2019 - 11:09 PM)

I voted. Boy there are a worrying amount of parties which sound like fascists.

@  Pennpenn : (17 May 2019 - 06:55 PM)

For those in Australia, it is a federal election today. Go Vote! It's Mandatory!

@  TheMightyMol... : (17 May 2019 - 04:19 PM)

Humor? I 'ardly know 'or!

@  wonko the sane? : (17 May 2019 - 03:51 PM)

I was intemately familiar with humour... but she just wanted to be friends...

@  Maximus Ambus : (17 May 2019 - 12:10 PM)

BZT Time out! Time out! Time ooooooouuuuuut!!!

@  unluckiness : (17 May 2019 - 08:23 AM)

Yes. Are you familiar with humor?

@  Sabrblade : (17 May 2019 - 07:50 AM)

You are familiar with The Room, yes?

@  unluckiness : (17 May 2019 - 01:14 AM)

nah, tuxedos are formal wear

@  Sabrblade : (16 May 2019 - 10:38 PM)

*...while dressed in a tuxedo*

@  unluckiness : (16 May 2019 - 09:22 PM)

*casually tosses kryptonite island at Lex*

@  Sean Whitmore : (16 May 2019 - 06:21 PM)

O hai Lex.

@  TheMightyMol... : (16 May 2019 - 04:31 PM)

You're just a little chicken! Cheep cheepcheep cheeEeeeEEEeeeep!

@  Nevermore : (16 May 2019 - 04:20 PM)

YOU ARE TEARING ME APART

@  TheMightyMol... : (16 May 2019 - 04:14 PM)

So I guess I shouldn't try to tie in The Room.

@  TM2-Megatron : (16 May 2019 - 02:29 PM)

I was just talking cheesy in a dated filmmaking sense, not mind-bogglingly god-awful.

@  Sabrblade : (16 May 2019 - 11:49 AM)

Well, certainly The Last Airbender is worse at being a Superman movie.

@  TheMightyMol... : (16 May 2019 - 11:31 AM)

Is that better or worse than The Last Airbender? I mean, they're both terrible, but....

@  RichardT1977 : (16 May 2019 - 09:28 AM)

And the worst Superman movie is "Dragonball: Evolution".

@  Paladin : (16 May 2019 - 08:01 AM)

the best Superman movie is "The Iron Giant." You cannot convince me otherwise.

@  RichardT1977 : (15 May 2019 - 10:16 PM)

At least even in the first Christopher Reeve movie, when he caught Lois that first time, the background kept scrolling down for a second to indicate it wasn't a sudden stop.

Photo

Suicide Squad - 2016 movie discussion

499 replies to this topic

#481 Broadside

Broadside

Crack Calibre Laser-Blazer Broadside

• Staff
  • 10890 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 22 September 2016 - 07:57 AM

I really hope you're posting that ironically.

3nAcIwa.png

#482 Jalaguy

Jalaguy

won't hold Six Shot upside-down.

• Staff
  • 9496 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 05 October 2016 - 03:23 PM

https://twitter.com/...685958034034689

For god's sake, Warner Bros.

#483 Ironbite

Ironbite

I might be a touch....angry

• Supporter
  • 27543 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 05 October 2016 - 03:31 PM

How much more Joker footage did they throw in there?

xC9l3eY.gif

#484 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 64622 posts

Posted 05 October 2016 - 06:11 PM

Yeah I thought it strange that the scenes that we saw of Harley and Joker through those set photos never ended up in there.

ACItEK8.png

#485 Telly

Telly

Killing forums since 1999!

• Retired Staff
  • 7809 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 05 October 2016 - 09:01 PM

if theyre gonna keep releasing all their movies in extended editions, im gonna stop going to the theater to see them as thats not the one they apparently want me to see

When I die I will surely go to Heaven for i spent my life in Hell

#486 Jalaguy

Jalaguy

• Staff
  • 9496 posts

Posted 06 October 2016 - 01:45 AM

Yeah, after the reviews came through I figured I'd just wait for for home video, and unexpectedly WB seems to support me in that decision.

As somebody who is indifferent at best to what they're doing with these films, WB sure is doing a great job of convincing me to never bother seeing any of them in the cinema ever.

#487 skankerzero

skankerzero

Back in DFW!

• Citizen
  • 7459 posts

Posted 07 October 2016 - 11:24 AM

WB came out a month or so ago and said that in the future, they're just going to release the movies in whatever length they're supposed to be in as opposed to editing them down like they did with the last two.

-----------
jesse sosa
owner / creative director
Dinosaur Games

#488 Dusty

Dusty
  • Citizen
  • 5850 posts

Posted 07 October 2016 - 02:40 PM

Yeah, after the reviews came through I figured I'd just wait for for home video, and unexpectedly WB seems to support me in that decision.

As somebody who is indifferent at best to what they're doing with these films, WB sure is doing a great job of convincing me to never bother seeing any of them in the cinema ever.

I'm hoping that's going to be something that stops with the Johns regime.

#489 Rust

Rust

all that was real is left behind

• Supporter
  • 45455 posts

Posted 08 October 2016 - 11:30 AM

WB came out a month or so ago and said that in the future, they're just going to release the movies in whatever length they're supposed to be in as opposed to editing them down like they did with the last two.

So Justice League is going to be 10 hours long to cover all the origin stories and story set up?

Don't fight it, it's coming for you, running at ya / It's only this moment, don't care what comes after
Your fever dream, can't you see it getting closer / Just surrender 'cause you feel the feeling taking over
It's fire, it's freedom, it's flooding open / It's a preacher in the pulpit and you'll find devotion
There's something breaking at the brick of every wall, it's holding All that you know
So tell me do you wanna go?

#490 Jalaguy

Jalaguy

• Staff
  • 9496 posts

Posted 21 November 2016 - 09:59 AM

So I finally saw Suicide Squad, and wow, I don't I've ever felt as much second-hand embarrassment from a piece of entertainment before. I legit had my face in my hands when the Joker started waffling about how he's An Idea, and Can't Be Loved...

Deadshot and Harley were decent enough, though some of the gags she was saddled with were kind of cringey too.

#491 Mouse_Pad

Mouse_Pad

It's a nice day for a...

• Citizen
  • 9091 posts

Posted 21 November 2016 - 01:54 PM

Has anybody yet seen both versions of the film yet?  I'm wondering if it's worth sitting through a second time for the extra footage.  BvS wasn't.

#492 skankerzero

skankerzero

Back in DFW!

• Citizen
  • 7459 posts

Posted 23 November 2016 - 01:47 AM

If you didn't think BvS was worth it with 30 extra minutes that actually clarified some plot holes, then you will definitely not think SS is worth it. I think it's only about 10 minutes or so of extra footage.

-----------
jesse sosa
owner / creative director
Dinosaur Games

#493 Telly

Telly

Killing forums since 1999!

• Retired Staff
  • 7809 posts

Posted 23 November 2016 - 02:04 AM

i didnt think this movie was all that bad. probly helps i know very little about dc characters nowadays lol

i did think joker was...i dont even know how to describe it. and i dont think hes all that devoted to harley to do all that. but theres like 20 years difference between the joker i know and this one, so ymmv

When I die I will surely go to Heaven for i spent my life in Hell

#494 Jalaguy

Jalaguy

• Staff
  • 9496 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 05:54 PM

So apparently they're gonna do a Gotham City Sirens film... directed by Ayer.

http://www.hollywood...llains-project-

#495 Tyranno

Tyranno

Let's not lose our heads

• Citizen
  • 34984 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 06:08 PM

Ew.

"Disabled people don’t have special needs. We have very reasonable human needs. Our needs include freedom from abuse, violence, and mistreatment, the right to autonomy and self-direction, the right to represent ourselves, equal opportunity for education and employment, the right to accommodation, and societal inclusion and acceptance.

The need for accommodation isn’t a “special need”. It’s a basic human right. It’s a leveling of the playing field that allows us the same opportunities and chances as non-disabled people."

- Amethyst Schaber, http://neurowonderful.tumblr.com/

#496 Caldwin

Caldwin

Waaaaaaah!

• Supporter
  • 24050 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 13 December 2016 - 11:21 PM

Well, I just saw it tonight. Never did see it in the theatre. Can't say I'm sorry for that. I watched the extended version. I see no reason to see the theatrical.

I think it was a decent enough movie. I mean, I don't see it winning any awards any time soon and some of Harley's lines had some odd syncopated delivery that made no sense. Jared Leto's Joker was...well to be fair, no one's ever going to top Heath Ledger, but he seemed less crazy psycho clown and more street thug.

I also find it funny that the animated version (Assault on Arkham) seemed to have more balls than the live action version (more blood, bigger body count, more swearing, more toplessness, more yahtzee).

But over all, it was a nice mindless special effects action romp. I'll probably see it again when I just want to see pretty light shows and things go boom.
PSN = Caldwin
Wii U = Caldwin
Switch = SW-7457-8143-2029
3DS = 5370-0412-9068

Before you do anything you can't undo...
National Suicide Prevention Hotline: 1-800-273-8255

#497 Fishbug

Fishbug

Coming out of my can and I've been doing just fine

• Citizen
  • 11913 posts
  • Faction::Predacon

Posted 14 December 2016 - 11:14 AM

Thing is, wanksta Joker could work if he wasn't played straight.

Oh well at least it's not Young Justice Joker.
25aputg.jpg
#WHERESINJECTOR

#498 Ya Kid K MK VII

Ya Kid K MK VII

Mic check onetwo onetwo

• Supporter
  • 4063 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 14 December 2016 - 01:02 PM

Aside from his awful design, I actually liked this Joker pretty well. I did not see the extended version, though. Just whatever was posted on Exodus.

#499 Axaday

Axaday
  • Supporter
  • 34201 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 10:18 AM

I saw Suicide Squad finally. I didn't avoid it because of bad reviews. I was just busy. But the bad reviews probably primed me so I really wasn't disappointed. Not one of my new favorite movies, but I thought it was good enough. I couldn't help but think about how much more they did, character-wise, with their ensemble cast than Rogue One managed. I had no previous knowledge of the big bad. I thought they'd be going after Joker. I didn't find I much cared about the big bad, but I had plenty of connection with most of the Task Force themselves. I appreciated the stinger, which I hadn't heard anything about.

#500 Fero McPigletron

Fero McPigletron

Not a Maverick! Maybe.

• Citizen
  • 8211 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 24 July 2018 - 01:52 AM

Resurrecting cuz I remember the Killer Croc not having his crimes mentioned in the movie so we assumed he was a criminal cuz of his skin. Plus killer in his name.

FWXOT0z.gif

TOY DRAMA THEATER!

1 minute of (minimal) lights, (steady) camera and...  ACTION FIGURES! (mostly Transformers) - Episode 031: Combiners and chest envy 

Episodes here

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users