Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  wonko the sane? : (22 September 2018 - 01:53 PM)

So apparently some models of air-conditioner are on trays inside the case, so they can be removed for easy access to the internals. I did not know that two hours ago: and have since cleaned three. It's been a learning kind of day.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (22 September 2018 - 09:15 AM)

There's probably been a Pokedex-themed 3DS cover.

@  Noideaforaname : (21 September 2018 - 04:34 PM)

I still got that Pikachu Edition Gameboy Color from back in the day. Yellow and Blue and with Pikachu, Jigglypuff and Togepi on the screen.

@  wonko the sane? : (21 September 2018 - 04:30 PM)

Quote of the day: I either need bourbon or aspirin, and I'm pretty sure the liquor cabinet is closer than the medicine chest.

@  TM2-Megatron : (21 September 2018 - 02:38 PM)

I don't recall any Pokedex themed DS or Game Boy, but plenty of Pokemon-themed ones. My favourite, and the one I've got myself, was the Pokemon Red/Blue themed 3DS with the swappable faceplates that came out around the time the original games were made available via digital download

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (21 September 2018 - 02:30 PM)

I'm fairly certain Nintendo has done Pokéball red and white, but I don't know about specific Pokédex colors.

@  Paladin : (21 September 2018 - 11:10 AM)

random thought: has Nintendo ever made a 3DS that looks like a Pokedex? because that seems like a GOLDMINE waiting to happen...

@  Nevermore : (21 September 2018 - 03:23 AM)

Wiigii! Titans Return Grotusque for only 60 Euros (actually 70 but I somehow had an eBay gift card for reasons that escape me) with free shipping from within my own country!

@  Whirl Maximus : (21 September 2018 - 03:02 AM)

That was the plan for Predators too with the Super Predators.

@  Waspinator : (21 September 2018 - 01:46 AM)

So, apparently in the new Predator movie, the Predators don't hunt us for honor or the challenge or anything like that, but because they're stealing human DNA to modify themselves. Congrats Hollywood, on making a monster far less cool and scary.

@  Pennpenn : (20 September 2018 - 08:46 AM)

I only started playing it recently so I don't know what it was like before. Actually surprised they haven't finished the story yet. Then again, unless they introduce another world it's pretty much just Maleficent and whatever the Foretellers are playing at left.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (20 September 2018 - 08:30 AM)

Geeze.. I reloaded up Kingdom Hearts X for the first time in a long time. That game has massivily inflated from when I played it when it first launced in the US.

@  Pennpenn : (19 September 2018 - 09:07 AM)

It's an annoying thing to have happen in any game. I'm hoping they actually finish releasing all the story mode parts before 3 comes out.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (19 September 2018 - 06:24 AM)

Ahh. Hadn't played that in a long time.. Since before the PVP I think.

@  Pennpenn : (19 September 2018 - 04:33 AM)

Kingdom Hearts Union Cross. Specifically the PVP fights.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (19 September 2018 - 04:31 AM)

What game PennPenn

@  Pennpenn : (19 September 2018 - 03:13 AM)

Man, I love it when you've got limited attempts at something in a game, said game crashes at the end of the thing, so you lose the attempt but don't get any credit.

@  wonko the sane? : (18 September 2018 - 08:44 PM)

I know. I'm back to the classic purple for the first time since the comic theme was introduced.

@  Fenix Twilight : (18 September 2018 - 08:32 PM)

Alright thanks, gonna be weird without the speech bubble boxes but I'll manage.

@  wonko the sane? : (18 September 2018 - 07:59 PM)

Nope, ongoing problem for a bunch of us. The mods know, so... just hunker down and wait. In the mean time: changing themes will sort it out for a bit. Only the comic theme is affected.

@  Fenix Twilight : (18 September 2018 - 05:36 PM)

Is something going on? I'm missing the buttons to go to the newest post and there's no banner for the forum list, it just says "logo" in the corner.

@  TheMightyMol... : (18 September 2018 - 06:03 AM)

Leader-1!

@  Whirl Maximus : (18 September 2018 - 02:25 AM)

"huh?" 'chuckle' in every reaction shot. That's all I remember of Armada.

@  Paladin : (16 September 2018 - 07:36 PM)

if youre looking for sympathy its in the dictionary between shit & syphilis.

@  TheMightyMol... : (15 September 2018 - 03:10 PM)

Uuuhhhhhh.......

@  Rycochet : (15 September 2018 - 11:56 AM)

Due to it's concentrated lousiness, even small doses of Energon will age you, yes.

@  Lazy Garou : (15 September 2018 - 10:32 AM)

unicron trilogy video was great, but made me feel a hundred years old.

@  wonko the sane? : (12 September 2018 - 07:32 AM)

Awesome. Good job man.

@  Lazy Garou : (11 September 2018 - 09:30 PM)

cleaning up, mostly.but the little plastic piece where the power cable hooked up was broken. That I managed to put back together.

@  Patch : (11 September 2018 - 04:48 PM)

So he also has White Castle-like qualities?

@  TheMightyMol... : (11 September 2018 - 02:23 PM)

Just keep him away from the plumbing, he's really hard on the pipes.

@  RichardT1977 : (11 September 2018 - 01:22 PM)

Overlord has some castle-like qualities to him

@  wonko the sane? : (11 September 2018 - 12:15 PM)

Fix it, like, found a working power adaptor, or fix it like: there was saudering involved.

@  Lazy Garou : (11 September 2018 - 11:58 AM)

that feeling when you fix something and works like a dream. we now have a working snes in my house and I have tested 10 games on it and they all work.

@  Arazyr : (11 September 2018 - 10:44 AM)

...Now I want a Transformer that turns into a castle.

@  wonko the sane? : (11 September 2018 - 09:37 AM)

You should be careful man, lots of allsparkers life in castle law states. It's a good way to get shot you know.

@  ▲ndrusi : (11 September 2018 - 09:35 AM)

Which house? Mine? Dammit I thought I locked my door!

@  GrungeWerX : (11 September 2018 - 01:20 AM)

GrungeWerX in tha HOUSE!!! WOOT!!

@  TM2-Megatron : (10 September 2018 - 11:54 PM)

There's been consistently good sc-fi flicks; most just fly under the radar as lower-budget or indie pictures

@  Steevy Maximus : (10 September 2018 - 09:28 PM)

If you can forget about that garbage Ghost in the Shell feature...

@  Steevy Maximus : (10 September 2018 - 09:27 PM)

Upgrade is a GREAT dark sci fi throwback film. Kind of feels like the genre has been nailing some good stuff after a LONG time of drek

@  Sabrblade : (10 September 2018 - 06:34 PM)

Hey, Steve is a Vehicon!

@  abates : (10 September 2018 - 04:44 PM)

I thought it was spelled "Stege".

@  Arazyr : (10 September 2018 - 02:10 PM)

So, "I before E, except after Siege"? :D

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (10 September 2018 - 01:59 PM)

Memorandum to all: the word "siege" is spelled with the "i" before the "e".

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (08 September 2018 - 12:55 PM)

Happy birthday to Star Trek and Star Trek: The Animated Series!

@  MEDdMI : (08 September 2018 - 07:55 AM)

*smacks TMM upside the head*

@  TheMightyMol... : (08 September 2018 - 02:51 AM)

& Knuckles.

@  Pennpenn : (07 September 2018 - 11:01 PM)

Re: Coded?

@  Waspinator : (07 September 2018 - 09:14 PM)

Final Fantasy: The Movie: The Game: Pocket Edition HD Boogaloo

Photo

Suicide Squad - 2016 movie discussion

499 replies to this topic

#461 Fero McPigletron

Fero McPigletron

Not a Maverick! Maybe.

• Citizen
  • 7544 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 11 August 2016 - 12:20 AM

Didn't even realize there were toys.

I wonder if DC will do Nick Fury and change comic Deadshot to African American? They rebooted again anyhow.

FWXOT0z.gifphoto_zpsa2a20628.gif
                                                               TOY DRAMA THEATER!

1 minute of (minimal) lights, (steady) camera and...  ACTION FIGURES! (mostly Transformers)
                                         - Episode 030 Devastator knock offs hang out

Episodes here

#462 Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely

That was then, this is now.

• Citizen
  • 9108 posts

Posted 11 August 2016 - 05:06 AM

The whole "will smith is the face of Suicide Squad"'is becoming more and more true. Looking at the toys he is everywhere...more than Joker. Even has a 12" figure I saw at Target next to the Deadshot, Harley Quinn and Batman 6" figures. Can see who DC is pushing.

Well, GOOD! Deadshot SHOULD be the lead face of the Suicide Squad! 

• Cat likes this

#463 Paladin

Paladin

Have Zord, Will Travel

• Citizen
  • 10352 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 11 August 2016 - 06:43 AM

I think it's been vastly underestimated how much the moviegoing public has missed the smartass action movie star version of Will Smith. He does a lot of things well, but there's nothing he's better at than that.

Thing about that is... 

Name the last good movie Will Smith was actually in. 

His last 4 major projects before this were "Winter's Tale," "After Earth," "Men In Black 3," and "Seven Pounds." they all SUCK. 

SUPERHERO TIME!!!! Ruining Jokes For Everyone! TWITTER: Paladin4221

#464 Nutjob R/T

Nutjob R/T

I love this thread.

• Citizen
  • 24730 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 11 August 2016 - 09:00 AM

Er...

I liked MiB3....
Earth is Kill because Santa.

#465 bigbot69

bigbot69

Back and slightly less angry...kinda

• Citizen
  • 1307 posts

Posted 11 August 2016 - 10:22 AM

I enjoyed Seven Pounds

It's a Newcomic (apparently)

#466 Ironbite

Ironbite

I might be a touch....angry

• Supporter
  • 26122 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 11 August 2016 - 10:54 AM

Seven Pounds is a vaaaaaaaaaaaaastly underrated film that moviegoers just hated.

Ironbite-its not terribly good but it's not a stinker like a lot of people say it is.

xC9l3eY.gif

#467 Dusty

Dusty
  • Citizen
  • 5850 posts

Posted 11 August 2016 - 12:03 PM

I think it's been vastly underestimated how much the moviegoing public has missed the smartass action movie star version of Will Smith. He does a lot of things well, but there's nothing he's better at than that.

Thing about that is... 

Name the last good movie Will Smith was actually in. 

His last 4 major projects before this were "Winter's Tale," "After Earth," "Men In Black 3," and "Seven Pounds." they all SUCK.

This is sort of my point. Other than MIB 3, which everyone was sleepwalking through, those movies were all pretty dour affairs. And you didn't even mention Concussion, his terrible Oscar bait movie from last year!

People were delighted to see him doing things like shooting monsters and yelling "TRIANGLE, BITCH!" again.

#468 mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon

Hello, world

• Supporter
  • 19125 posts

Posted 11 August 2016 - 12:35 PM

Er...

I liked MiB3....

Ditto.  Not as good or fresh as the first, of course, but Josh Brolin's Tommy Lee Jones impression was impressive, and the underlying heart of the movie was ooey-gooey sappy cheesy goodness.  Also the movie's Neuralizer gags were some of the most gut-bustingly funny ones of the entire series.

I didn't mind Seven Pounds either.  No, it wasn't a great movie, and really heavy-handed in its emotional manipulation, but the story was pretty interesting and different to say the least.

#469 Shadewing

Shadewing

Evil faces a Black Night

• Supporter
  • 35638 posts

Posted 11 August 2016 - 12:58 PM

Er...

I liked MiB3....

Ditto.  Not as good or fresh as the first, of course, but Josh Brolin's Tommy Lee Jones impression was impressive, and the underlying heart of the movie was ooey-gooey sappy cheesy goodness.  Also the movie's Neuralizer gags were some of the most gut-bustingly funny ones of the entire series.

MiB3 wasn't great, but just about everyone agrees that its much better film and sequel then 2 was. I don't think they'll ever make one as great at the original, but MiB3 I can actually rewatch and enjoy, compare to cringing for most everything in 2. After 2 I think most everyone was done with the Franchise and 3 feels like "Hey, it can still be good" as I know that if there was a 4th if its at least as enjoyable as 3 I won't mind seeing other sequels. 

3DS Friend Code: 0387-9040-3532

Twitch Channel

Youtube Replays

VOTE for what I play on 8/30!

Friday: Sonic Generations - Sunday: Transformers WFC - Tuesday: Little Inferno

#470 Fero McPigletron

Fero McPigletron

Not a Maverick! Maybe.

• Citizen
  • 7544 posts

Posted 11 August 2016 - 01:33 PM

Er...

I liked MiB3....

Ditto.  Not as good or fresh as the first, of course, but Josh Brolin's Tommy Lee Jones impression was impressive,

Brolin as young Tommy Lee was awesome! He got virtually all the K inflections down pat. Bravo to him!

Don't really want Will Smith as the face of Suicide Squad but, well, is it successful enough that they can afford him for a sequel? Without turning it into a Harley Joker romance movie?

FWXOT0z.gifphoto_zpsa2a20628.gif
                                                               TOY DRAMA THEATER!

1 minute of (minimal) lights, (steady) camera and...  ACTION FIGURES! (mostly Transformers)
                                         - Episode 030 Devastator knock offs hang out

Episodes here

#471 Dusty

Dusty
  • Citizen
  • 5850 posts

Posted 11 August 2016 - 01:53 PM

Don't really want Will Smith as the face of Suicide Squad but, well, is it successful enough that they can afford him for a sequel?

It's having a pretty great first week at the box office. At least $300 million domestic is looking like a sure thing, and probably an ever bigger number internationally. I'd say you can put money on a sequel 2019-ish.

#472 Cat

Cat
  • Retired Staff
  • 11612 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 09:05 AM

Er...
I liked MiB3....

In the past there's literally only 1 black character, so OF COURSE he turns out to be Will Smith's father. It was screamingly obvious, and oh so insultingly stupid at the same time. Horrid film.

#473 Teufel

Teufel

Doesn't look like anything to me.

• Supporter
  • 5588 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 13 August 2016 - 10:12 AM

From the trailers I'd hoped for an entertaining jive-show and that's more or less what I got. Truth be told it actually exceeded my low expectations, except for Jared Leto whose interpretation of The Joker was pretty bad. Not quite Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor embarrassingly godawful, but not great (although I did love when he christened Harley at the chemical plant.) Admittedly when I first saw the pictures my instinctual response was "NO!" but I went in with an open mind and my gut reaction was absolutely right. *shrugs*

As for the actual squad I liked the characters and their interactions, I think the team worked great together and had chemistry. Will Smith as Will Smith as it was described in an earlier post is very appropriate, but oh well, there's a reason the guy's a star. I grew up on the Sorkin Harley Quinn so this didn't feel like Harley Quinn to me and the pronunciation of puddin' bugged me, but in general I thought Margot Robbie was entertaining and kind of awesome. Boomerang was funny but I feel robbed because I was expecting some sort of payoff with the pink unicorn. Katana was pointless but I'm certainly not going to complain about a hot sword-wielding Japanese woman randomly showing up in movies I watch. Diablo was interesting although I think they bungled the execution of his backstory. Croc was better than I thought he'd be.

The villains were lame, the action wasn't very exciting against faceless dull toons, the structure of the story was a mess.

I feel like it had all the ingredients to be so much better and with all its faults I could easily come away hating it, yet I was able to have fun and enjoyed it more than I thought I would going in. Maybe that's because the last DC film I saw was Batman vs  Superman.

#474 ultra magnus13

ultra magnus13

Razzaroo

• Citizen
  • 6505 posts

Posted 13 August 2016 - 12:46 PM

Saw it last night. Holy medicority Batman!

Cons:
Joker. I think he could have delivered a good joker if they weren't trying so hard to make him a "take" on the joker, and just made him the joker. I also didn't care for the anti heroing of him, going to such lengths to save hq.

Hq. Obnoxious. After a couple of the early trailers I saw her dialogue described as "pulled entirley from hot topic t shirts" which is really not far off in the final product. I was also dumb that the character with no powers or special skills seemed to get more kills than any of the others. She consistantly killed the monster things with one shot, while deadshot didn't? Her bat was just as effective as a soul stealing katana? I'm not sure of ss oragin in the comics, but in the movie as an anti meta human team what would she even bring to the table?

Croc. wierd racial stuff, and dialogue that pretty much amounts to "rawr"

Flagg. Exists only to advance the plot. You don't root for him, or hate him, he is just there.

Character arcs. There are none. About all you get is "we are a team now" which isn't much since they got a long fairly well since the begining.

Music. There were a ton of excellent songs actually, but throwing great, but often nonsensical music selections, at the audience to try to generate posative feeling towards the movie is weak.

Terrible use of flash backs in a few spots. Didnt need to see diablos dodgy cgi prison scene 2 or 3 times, or the flash back to enchantress and flagg that I watched happen 40 minutes ago.

Did we really need 3 helicopter crash scenes?

Pros:
Better than bvs
Captain boomerang was borderline fun (sub con: criminally underutalized)
I finally got rid of that big white box.

#475 Sabrblade

Sabrblade
  • Citizen
  • 25817 posts

Posted 18 August 2016 - 07:16 AM

Not as bad as Man of Steel or Dawn of Justice, but still pretty meh.

Favorite part was when Deadshot jumped onto the police car and started gunning down all of the monsters in the street singlehandledy with everything he had in his wrist-mounted weaponry.

But, alas, this movie still has the exact same problem as its two predecessors: The threat level was too big. How many here would have preferred the main villain to have been the Joker, with Task Force X instead assembled for a black ops mission to stop whatever horrible plan the Joker was cooking up? That would have been a much more reasonable threat level for them to take on since the Joker is a big enough deal to be a threat without the movie having to force on us yet another "end of the world" type scenario. We don't need world-ending threats all the time for these movies to be entertaining. Just tell a story that's straightforward and wholesome without constantly trying to be so darn arrogant and epic in how uber serious the villain is. Joker would have been enough of a threat to deal with instead of the nobodies that Enchantress and her brother were. As is, Joker was completely wasted and served only as a distraction from the movie's main plot--what little of that there was here--and the two actual villains weren't the least bit threatening or interesting at all.

As for why Task Force X would be needed instead of Batman to stop the Joker, come up with some reason to get him out of the way like saying Batman's mysteriously gone of the grid since BvS for some reason (which could serve as more JL foreshadowing), or have the Joker's plot be something personal to the government that they'd want to deal with themselves without Batman's help or awareness.

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#476 Ironbite

Ironbite

I might be a touch....angry

• Supporter
  • 26122 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 18 August 2016 - 07:28 AM

So Jared Leto is saying he feels like he was tricked into doing this movie.  Guess the offers haven't been coming in thick as mud or something.

Ironbite-poor little baby tricked into acting like an asshole....someone give him a starring role.

xC9l3eY.gif

#477 Shadewing

Shadewing

Evil faces a Black Night

• Supporter
  • 35638 posts

Posted 18 August 2016 - 08:29 AM

So Jared Leto is saying he feels like he was tricked into doing this movie.  Guess the offers haven't been coming in thick as mud or something.

Ironbite-poor little baby tricked into acting like an asshole....someone give him a starring role.

Or maybe its the fact that the movie that got pitched was more Suicude Squad vs Joker, which is what also which a lot of movie goers were sold on, and even Trailers seemed to play Joker up as a Major character in the movie. 

3DS Friend Code: 0387-9040-3532

Twitch Channel

Youtube Replays

VOTE for what I play on 8/30!

Friday: Sonic Generations - Sunday: Transformers WFC - Tuesday: Little Inferno

#478 bigbot69

bigbot69

Back and slightly less angry...kinda

• Citizen
  • 1307 posts

Posted 19 August 2016 - 06:40 AM

Plus he'#s just been rumoured to be in BLade Runner 2

It's a Newcomic (apparently)

#479 Fishbug

Fishbug

precocious

• Citizen
  • 11853 posts
  • Faction::Predacon

Posted 19 August 2016 - 03:46 PM

That's the second worst thing I've heard about Blade Runner 2.

The first is that there's going to be a Blade Runner 2.
25aputg.jpg
#WHERESINJECTOR

#480 (Deactivated) BillBarclay

(Deactivated) BillBarclay
  • Guests

Posted 22 September 2016 - 07:29 AM

Hmmm....could be?

Attached Thumbnails

• FB_IMG_1474545615142.jpg

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users