Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  RichardT1977 : (21 October 2017 - 12:07 PM)

You know that Patton Oswalt knew he'd made it as an entertainer when people stopped asking him whether he was Pat or Oswald and where was the other one.

@  Shrug : (21 October 2017 - 10:20 AM)

He does lots of voice work, but it was young Oswalt in my dream, so I guess it was the King of Queens edition.

@  Bass X0 : (21 October 2017 - 09:56 AM)

I only know about Patton Oswalt from Transformers.

@  Shrug : (21 October 2017 - 09:11 AM)

We won because Ellen kept going up the other teams and telling them to not worry about their hair looking silly in their helmets.

@  Shrug : (21 October 2017 - 09:10 AM)

I had a dream I was in a team kick scooter competition and the 3 people on my team were Ellen DeGeneres, Patton Oswalt, and my third grade bus driver.

@  WorkbenchManiac : (20 October 2017 - 07:26 PM)

If you are looking to recoup some of the costs, I mean

@  WorkbenchManiac : (20 October 2017 - 07:26 PM)

If it works, I might be willing to take it off your hands. I've been meaning to get one for customs and such.

@  Nevermore : (20 October 2017 - 12:34 PM)

If that thing works, I can use it for potential future cases like this as well.

@  Nevermore : (20 October 2017 - 12:33 PM)

Ordered a watchmaker pin remover from Amazon.

@  Nevermore : (20 October 2017 - 12:33 PM)

No, bought the set at a convention.

@  Robowang : (20 October 2017 - 08:14 AM)

That's never good. Buy it from a place that will replace it?

@  Nevermore : (20 October 2017 - 04:57 AM)

Gaaaah, Hasbro. My Transformers Tribute Optimus Prime (from the two-pack with Orion Pack) has a misassembled part that has another part connected to it via a metal pin...

@  Robowang : (19 October 2017 - 05:22 PM)

I just know they have the same ID number in the computer as deluxes, so the search feature on the website is useless.

@  Robowang : (19 October 2017 - 05:21 PM)

No idea on price.

@  Shrug : (19 October 2017 - 05:14 PM)

Oh thanks. I just assumed it was a special item. Does that mean it'll be the $18ish the normal Deluxes are or can Walgreens price them separately?

@  Robowang : (19 October 2017 - 05:11 PM)

Before you go hunting at Walgreens, know that the Clone two-pack number is identical to the regular deluxe number. An in-stock listing for the clones likely just means they have deluxes in stock.

@  Vexwing : (19 October 2017 - 04:49 PM)

I had met him at BotCon 2014, he was a vendor there. He was part of the group I hung out with at the day at Universal. Really fun guy, it's sad he's gone.

@  Vexwing : (19 October 2017 - 04:46 PM)

I'm not sure if anyone here knew James Conan Gouig, but he passed away. Suicide, sadly.

@  Locoman : (19 October 2017 - 03:49 PM)

TR Triggerhappy's shoulders are terrifying.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (19 October 2017 - 03:18 PM)

Don't you hate when you join a Facebook group only to find that the moderator is a fool?

@  TheMightyMol... : (19 October 2017 - 03:04 PM)

CRAAAAAAAWLING IIIIIN MY BRAAAAAAAAINS

@  Paladin : (19 October 2017 - 08:34 AM)

must've been out of Kandrona.

@  Shrug : (19 October 2017 - 07:09 AM)

Least it wasn't a weird scratchy noise IN YOUR BRAIN.  Or was it.  Maybe you found it after it crawled out?

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (19 October 2017 - 02:47 AM)

Mine starved

@  Waspinator : (19 October 2017 - 02:16 AM)

Watch out for brain slugs

@  Pennpenn : (19 October 2017 - 01:34 AM)

Got replacements, so yeah. Main thing is, if you hear a weird scratchy noise in your headphones it might not be static..

@  PlutoniumBoss : (19 October 2017 - 01:28 AM)

Nuke the headphones from orbit, it's the only way to be sure.

@  Pennpenn : (18 October 2017 - 09:04 PM)

It's interesting how life gives you a good thing and then a bad thing. Like, just got my tax return and it was quite robust, and then I found an INCH LONG EARWIG IN MY HEADPHONES. AHHHHH-

@  BlackMax : (18 October 2017 - 05:50 PM)

I'm not completely sure what I missed but I think I love it.

@  TheMightyMol... : (18 October 2017 - 04:20 PM)

The S is for Sucks!

@  Waspinator : (18 October 2017 - 03:49 PM)

And the thatch-roofed cottagggggggggggges!

@  TheMightyMol... : (18 October 2017 - 03:30 PM)

BURN! BURN TO THE GRBURN! BURN TO THBURN! BURN TO THE GROUND!

@  Waspinator : (18 October 2017 - 03:06 PM)

Infinity Big Bang Storm! Burn in the everlasting hellfire of creation! Be utterly annihilated, down to the very last scrap of D N A!

@  Shrug : (18 October 2017 - 02:57 PM)

YES, MY QUEEN!

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (18 October 2017 - 02:37 PM)

BUUUUURN! FOR THE ROYALTY!

@  TheMightyMol... : (18 October 2017 - 02:25 PM)

BUUUUUUUUUUUURN, BABY BURN! DISCO INFERNO!

@  Agamus : (18 October 2017 - 01:55 PM)

LETS BERNNNN RRRRUBBER!!!!

@  Arazyr : (18 October 2017 - 01:12 PM)

No, thanks. I'll leave that to his wife. :p

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (18 October 2017 - 01:08 PM)

FEEL THE BERNNNNNN!!!!!

@  Nevermore : (18 October 2017 - 11:52 AM)

BERNIEEEEEEEE...

@  Shrug : (18 October 2017 - 10:47 AM)

I'm not saying they're the same. They're clearly not. But members of both parties do receive large sums of money from telecom companies. When it comes to net neutrality, the issue isn't solely bipartisan so much as it's Old Politicians that don't understand technology.  Republicans do seem intent on making it worse intentionally though.

@  Paladin : (18 October 2017 - 10:40 AM)

anyone who still says "they're both the same!" after the past 10 months is WILLFULLY ignorant.

@  unluckiness : (18 October 2017 - 10:22 AM)

I'm not American. Should I do something about it or just ignore it.

@  Shrug : (18 October 2017 - 08:48 AM)

I doubt we'd have a chance with Hillary either. Didn't she get like 100k from Comcast? Both parties are pretty dang corrupt. If only Bernie...

@  2017 : (17 October 2017 - 05:56 PM)

It scared me!

@  Kalidor : (17 October 2017 - 05:42 PM)

Yes - here is more information - https://www.battleforthenet.com/

@  Darth Gonzo : (17 October 2017 - 05:36 PM)

Hello?

@  Evac : (17 October 2017 - 04:39 PM)

Yeah, it's the Allspark.

@  wonko the sane? : (17 October 2017 - 04:35 PM)

Okay, so it is the allspark doing it, and not some piece of malware I need to run a system scan over, that's basically all I wanted to know.

@  Evac : (17 October 2017 - 04:34 PM)

If, say, Hillary or Bernie was president, we'd have a chance, but with the current administration... We're pretty much hugged.

Photo

Suicide Squad - 2016 movie discussion

498 replies to this topic

#1 Dusty

Dusty
  • Citizen
  • 5850 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 06:57 PM

Lest Batman v Superman (and rearguing Man of Steel) eat up all of the DCCU discussion, Suicide Squad is currently filming, and a lot of people think it might end up setting the tone for the universe even more than Batman v Superman.

David Ayer (End of Watch, Training Day, Fury) is writing and directing.

It stars Will Smith as Deadshot, Margot Robbie as Harley Quinn, Jai Courtney as Captain Boomerang, Viola Davis as Amanda Waller, Cara Delevingne as Enchantress, Joel Kinnaman as Rick Flagg, and Jared Leto as The Joker.

Common, Scott Eastwood, Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje, Jim Parrack, Adam Beach, and Ike Barinholtz have been cast as yet to be revealed characters. 

Jesse Eisenberg's Lex Luthor and Ben Affleck's Batman are rumored to cameo.

The first image of the Joker from the movie was released on the character's 75th anniversary. The internet has opinions.

CDZbuEiUUAAtGQb.jpg

#2 BHFlint

BHFlint

Bork!

• Staff
  • 30664 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 25 April 2015 - 07:24 PM

Joker, in every incarnation, has been drastically different from previous ones. Caesar Romero's is different from Dick Sprang/Bill Finger's Joker, who was different from Bob Kane's, who is different from Burton and Nicholson's, who is different from Kevin Michael Richardson's, all of whom are worlds apart from Mark Hamill's quintessential iteration of the character.

And all of those are valid interpretations of the Joker, because he is so chaotic... Jared Leto is a talented, dedicated actor who is showing recently he can play a fairly broad range, so I am optimistic about his Joker. From just this one image, I sense the character will be a mix of Alex from A Clockwork Orange, Woody Harrelson from Natural Born Killers and maybe some Conrad Veidt for good measure.

What's interesting is that Task Force X has traditionally been made up of character who have been fairly well established; they often have history with each other. What's more, you have Boomerang, who's a Flash Rogue (will they maintain the Rogue Code for this one? Digger was always an outlier among the Rogues as far as following the rules is concerned); two Batman villains, and Deadshot, who has run up against literally the entire Justice League. When will this take place in the newly aligned DCCU? I think it might be neat to have some jumping around in the timeline as the movies are released. This could take place after the JLA has been established for a while... just a thought.

#3 Sabrblade

Sabrblade
  • Citizen
  • 22929 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 25 April 2015 - 07:31 PM

So they finally cast Waller, eh? Any pics of her yet or no?

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#4 Dusty

Dusty
  • Citizen
  • 5850 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 07:32 PM

The timeline question is a good one. I don't think it's been plainly stated yet when this takes place in relation to Batman v Superman.

#5 Detour

Detour

People.... What a bunch of bastards!

• Supporter
  • 19991 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 07:33 PM

This could take place after the JLA has been established for a while... just a thought.

Oh good so we're getting a timeline as convoluted as the "easily accessible" timeline for the New 52.

You're far too young to be this bitter and angry at the world....

I'm reading that with Roy's voice. Heck, I read everything you post in a laconic Irish accent.

#6 Dusty

Dusty
  • Citizen
  • 5850 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 07:36 PM

So they finally cast Waller, eh? Any pics of her yet or no?

Not yet. I have to assume cast pictures will start trickling out as we get closer to SDCC since they're filming already.

This could take place after the JLA has been established for a while... just a thought.

Oh good so we're getting a timeline as convoluted as the "easily accessible" timeline for the New 52.

He's just spitballing. Please hold your indignation for a later date.

#7 skankerzero

skankerzero

Back in DFW!

• Citizen
  • 7457 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 25 April 2015 - 08:05 PM

Yeah, if this is similar to new 52, which it appears to be, Batman has already been a crimefighter for some time. So it makes sense that there is already a rogues gallery out there for other heroes that just aren't public yet.

-----------
jesse sosa
owner / creative director
Dinosaur Games

#8 Dusty

Dusty
  • Citizen
  • 5850 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 08:14 PM

Some of those announced actors are heavily rumored to be playing specific characters. Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje is almost certainly playing Killer Croc, and Scott Eastwood is widely believed to be playing Steve Trevor.

#9 Rust

Rust

Slightly Off

• Supporter
  • 41975 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 08:14 PM

Oddly enough, the only thing I'm not keen on with Leto's Joker is the "Damaged" tattoo on his forehead.

Numbers 24:17

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. Plato

#10 Dusty

Dusty
  • Citizen
  • 5850 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 08:18 PM

Oddly enough, the only thing I'm not keen on with Leto's Joker is the "Damaged" tattoo on his forehead.

That's exactly where I am with it. The other tattoos and affectations don't bother me at all. The Joker reappropriating aspects of the trashier corners of current culture (the grill, the pinky ring, the dumb Hot Topic tattoos) seems like something he would think is funny.

#11 Rust

Rust

Slightly Off

• Supporter
  • 41975 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 08:21 PM

Exactly. I also like the parody of the "Tear drop" tattoo in a stylized J. That's very much Joker-ish.

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. Plato

#12 (Deactivated) BB Shockwave

(Deactivated) BB Shockwave
  • Guests

Posted 27 April 2015 - 08:56 AM

It speaks volumes that it took this for the movie to actually get a topic here...

I'm still annoyed that they killed off Arrow's Deathshot because of Will Smith.

Joker... is weird. It's like Marilyn Manson cosplaying as the Joker. Too many weird tatoos, too.

That said, Margot Robbie will be an awesome Harley.

#13 Shenanigans

Shenanigans

Cynic-in-residence

• Supporter
  • 6365 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 27 April 2015 - 09:21 AM

He looks like Ninja from Die Antwoord.

card-soundwave.jpg 

Shenanigans

Nonsense; mischief; often, a treacherous or deceitful trick.

#14 Mouse_Pad

Mouse_Pad

It's a nice day for a...

• Citizen
  • 8659 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 12:39 PM

He doesn't look like The Joker.  He looks like a Joker copycat.  Some guy who's stealing the Joker's iconography and gimmickry.  I don't care for it, but I'm still willing to give the movie a shot.  Hopefully his acting will win me over.

#15 BHFlint

BHFlint

Bork!

• Staff
  • 30664 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 27 April 2015 - 05:16 PM

Wouldn't that be interesting if it were the case? 

#16 Dusty

Dusty
  • Citizen
  • 5850 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 06:01 PM

I'm fairly sure he's the real Joker, but if one were to assume this is a Batman who's been around for 20 or so years, then this is presumably a Joker who's been active just as long, and has maybe been in and out of prison several times (which could account for some of the affectations). It could be an interesting angle if, in this version, he actually went to some sort of supermax prison, rather than just Arkham. Can you imagine the kind of cult that would be built up around the Joker if he were in the general population of a maximum security prison full of murderers and drug kingpins?

(Just to clarify, I have no plot information that backs up any of that, I'm just thinking out loud.)

#17 Detour

Detour

People.... What a bunch of bastards!

• Supporter
  • 19991 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 06:06 PM

I'm kind of hoping all those fake teeth in front came about because Batman punches him really really hard.

Bonus points if you actually flash back to the punch that knocked most of em out.

You're far too young to be this bitter and angry at the world....

I'm reading that with Roy's voice. Heck, I read everything you post in a laconic Irish accent.

#18 Dusty

Dusty
  • Citizen
  • 5850 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 06:09 PM

Yeah, a lot of people have theorized that's why he's wearing those. Batman's been punching him in the face for 20 years and it took its toll.

(Also, jesus, Jared Leto is 43 and Ben Affleck is 42. That is not god damn fair.)

Edited by Dustybot, 27 April 2015 - 06:10 PM.

#19 Rust

Rust

Slightly Off

• Supporter
  • 41975 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 08:16 PM

Also, this is Joker shirtless. The majority of the tattoos will be covered I would assume.

Even if they weren't, this is hardly the first reimagination of the Clown Prince of Crime. He honestly looks like a Hollywood-ized version of the Joker from The Batman.

#20 unluckiness

unluckiness

Get Krunk

• Citizen
  • 15442 posts
  • Faction::Minicon

Posted 27 April 2015 - 08:19 PM

That can't be right. He looks nothing like a Rastafarian hobo.

Edited by unluckiness, 27 April 2015 - 08:25 PM.

CNF5KJw.png

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users