Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  -LittleAutob... : (13 July 2020 - 06:21 PM)

\(-_-)

@  Bass X0 : (13 July 2020 - 05:26 PM)

"Here's a little---whatever. A little thing. A disclosure. An insight. Revisionism---I've always been fascinated by it. By the idea of a writer going back and altering things. Make no mistake: an edit is a profoundly aggressive act. As Froid once said, we grieve for the murdered word. If you want to get the measure of an author, don't look at what they've left on the page.... look at what they've taken away." -- Rung (MTMTE #28)

@  Verno : (11 July 2020 - 11:20 PM)

2021: :idea :rolleyes :p :D

@  -LittleAutob... : (11 July 2020 - 06:20 PM)

Perfection. :thumbsup

@  Patch : (11 July 2020 - 06:17 PM)

My plans:  :hmm  2020:  :)

@  -LittleAutob... : (11 July 2020 - 06:02 PM)

Our plans for 2020 were as amazing as Optimus Prime. But then 2020 came like Hot Rod.

@  -LittleAutob... : (11 July 2020 - 05:50 PM)

Indeed....

@  Bass X0 : (11 July 2020 - 05:40 PM)

"He who dies with the most toys wins."

@  Rycochet : (11 July 2020 - 01:11 PM)

Hey you, get moving, it's not too far, you're looking good so come as you are. Hey you, you never know what you'll see, when it's through that door with the 73.

@  Rycochet : (11 July 2020 - 01:10 PM)

Hey you, get ready, get on your feet. Get into gear and hit the street.

@  Maximus Ambus : (11 July 2020 - 12:46 PM)

I recall number 73 (old british show) discussing the Transformers movie and had the presenters trying to transform a few figures, one argued his deflated beach ball was a Transformer too.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (11 July 2020 - 08:03 AM)

And he's a big ball, but he's not the biggest ball of them all. (That'll be Pulse Unicron.)

@  Maximus Ambus : (11 July 2020 - 07:37 AM)

Trypticon so scared my Primus figure he turned into a ball.

@  ▲ndrusi : (09 July 2020 - 09:56 PM)

King Nine, however, will not return.

@  Bass X0 : (09 July 2020 - 05:05 PM)

Bass_X0 will return after these messages ^^^

@  TheMightyMol... : (09 July 2020 - 03:37 PM)

WHATAMIFIGHTINGFOOOOOOOOARRGH

@  -LittleAutob... : (09 July 2020 - 02:06 PM)

Okay?

@  Otaku : (09 July 2020 - 07:47 AM)

@TheMightyMollusk Ah, but the series itself has pronounced "Bass" both ways. ;)  Oh, 90s English Capcom video game voice acting...

@  Maximus Ambus : (09 July 2020 - 03:14 AM)

Looking at my Titan Returns collection I can see they realised they didn't have to paint the Titan Masters after wave one, lazy bums.

@  Maruten : (08 July 2020 - 09:13 PM)

No, I'm going with "fish".

@  TheMightyMol... : (08 July 2020 - 04:19 PM)

He stated that it's in reference to the Mega Man character, so it follows the series' tradition of music names.

@  Cybersnark : (08 July 2020 - 03:59 PM)

The real question is if it's "bass" as in music or "bass" as in the fish.

@  Otaku : (08 July 2020 - 01:27 PM)

Well, at least now I know how to pronounce @Bass X0 's screen name. ^^'  Rather, I think I'd just forgotten.  In my defense, it really does look like an emoticon or maybe just "decoration", which is what a lot of folks add to their screen names online.  Usually because someone has the name they really want. XD

@  ▲ndrusi : (08 July 2020 - 01:27 PM)

Extremely unimpressed with your idea that someone making a negative observation you don't like means they "got triggered."

@  NotVeryKnightly : (08 July 2020 - 11:16 AM)

You know somebody asked "And this would be in relation to... what exactly?"

@  Bass X0 : (08 July 2020 - 11:15 AM)

Its because someone got triggered over my random musings instead of just ignoring them. If I read one of your comments that is of no relevance or interest to me, I don't feel the need to say so.

@  -LittleAutob... : (08 July 2020 - 10:56 AM)

All this over someone's username lol

@  ▲ndrusi : (08 July 2020 - 08:34 AM)

Bazro.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (08 July 2020 - 06:34 AM)

It could be Bass 10-0

@  Nevermore : (08 July 2020 - 06:11 AM)

How do you pronounce yourself? "Bass Ex-O" or "Bass Ex-Zero"?

@  Bass X0 : (08 July 2020 - 03:23 AM)

I did almost go with Vile Bass X0, because Vile is cool too.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (07 July 2020 - 08:34 PM)

Bossk Saw

@  ▲ndrusi : (07 July 2020 - 04:16 PM)

Bass XD

@  Bass X0 : (07 July 2020 - 03:43 PM)

And its not Bass XO, its Bass X0, as in Bass, X and Zero from the Mega Man series.

@  -LittleAutob... : (07 July 2020 - 02:33 PM)

@Trpodeca :( :(

@  -LittleAutob... : (07 July 2020 - 02:32 PM)

Thats what a gray rock is? Then I'm not one.

@  Trpodeca : (07 July 2020 - 02:12 PM)

Man I just learnt about what seemed like a really cool show, only to realize it was a dream and it dosen't really exist.

@  Bass X0 : (07 July 2020 - 01:02 PM)

Just something I read that I wanted to share. I heard "gray rock" mentioned in a video, so I looked it up and that was the definition.

@  TheMightyMol... : (07 July 2020 - 12:20 PM)

It's a fancy way of saying "Ignore annoying people".

@  NotVeryKnightly : (07 July 2020 - 12:15 PM)

Bass XO has a habit of pasting random drivel here as if doing so were profound.

@  wonko the sane? : (07 July 2020 - 11:30 AM)

And this would be in relation to... what exactly?

@  Bass X0 : (07 July 2020 - 11:25 AM)

"One strategy for dealing with a narcissist or sociopath is to act like a "gray rock," meaning that you become uninteresting and unresponsive. You don't feed their needs for drama or attention. You don't show emotion, say anything interesting, or disclose any personal information"

@  Nevermore : (06 July 2020 - 07:23 PM)

Oh wow. Studio Series Offroad Bumblebee is awesome. His articulation is amazing.

@  -LittleAutob... : (06 July 2020 - 11:18 AM)

Oof-

@  Maximus Ambus : (05 July 2020 - 01:10 AM)

I got Studio Series 39 Cogman yesterday and woke up to find he'd decapitated my titans returns figures.

@  wonko the sane? : (04 July 2020 - 10:19 PM)

If I had a sarcasm powered mouth.. ooohh waaaiiittt...

@  -LittleAutob... : (04 July 2020 - 05:01 PM)

Heh

@  Bass X0 : (04 July 2020 - 02:56 PM)

"If I had sarcasm-powered legs, I'd do a happy dance...!"

@  TheMightyMol... : (04 July 2020 - 02:39 PM)

The real clones were the friends we made along the way.

@  Maximus Ambus : (04 July 2020 - 01:47 PM)

So the Emperor in episodes 1 through 6 was a clone?

Photo

Suicide Squad - 2016 movie discussion

498 replies to this topic

#1 Dusty

Dusty
  • Citizen
  • 5850 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 06:57 PM

Lest Batman v Superman (and rearguing Man of Steel) eat up all of the DCCU discussion, Suicide Squad is currently filming, and a lot of people think it might end up setting the tone for the universe even more than Batman v Superman.

David Ayer (End of Watch, Training Day, Fury) is writing and directing.

It stars Will Smith as Deadshot, Margot Robbie as Harley Quinn, Jai Courtney as Captain Boomerang, Viola Davis as Amanda Waller, Cara Delevingne as Enchantress, Joel Kinnaman as Rick Flagg, and Jared Leto as The Joker.

Common, Scott Eastwood, Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje, Jim Parrack, Adam Beach, and Ike Barinholtz have been cast as yet to be revealed characters. 

Jesse Eisenberg's Lex Luthor and Ben Affleck's Batman are rumored to cameo.

The first image of the Joker from the movie was released on the character's 75th anniversary. The internet has opinions.

CDZbuEiUUAAtGQb.jpg

#2 BHFlint

BHFlint

Bork!

• Retired Staff
  • 30666 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 25 April 2015 - 07:24 PM

Joker, in every incarnation, has been drastically different from previous ones. Caesar Romero's is different from Dick Sprang/Bill Finger's Joker, who was different from Bob Kane's, who is different from Burton and Nicholson's, who is different from Kevin Michael Richardson's, all of whom are worlds apart from Mark Hamill's quintessential iteration of the character.

And all of those are valid interpretations of the Joker, because he is so chaotic... Jared Leto is a talented, dedicated actor who is showing recently he can play a fairly broad range, so I am optimistic about his Joker. From just this one image, I sense the character will be a mix of Alex from A Clockwork Orange, Woody Harrelson from Natural Born Killers and maybe some Conrad Veidt for good measure.

What's interesting is that Task Force X has traditionally been made up of character who have been fairly well established; they often have history with each other. What's more, you have Boomerang, who's a Flash Rogue (will they maintain the Rogue Code for this one? Digger was always an outlier among the Rogues as far as following the rules is concerned); two Batman villains, and Deadshot, who has run up against literally the entire Justice League. When will this take place in the newly aligned DCCU? I think it might be neat to have some jumping around in the timeline as the movies are released. This could take place after the JLA has been established for a while... just a thought.

#3 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 30401 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 25 April 2015 - 07:31 PM

So they finally cast Waller, eh? Any pics of her yet or no?

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#4 Dusty

Dusty
  • Citizen
  • 5850 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 07:32 PM

The timeline question is a good one. I don't think it's been plainly stated yet when this takes place in relation to Batman v Superman.

#5 Detour

Detour

Too lazy to change the avatar but Graham Linehan is a sack of sh

• Supporter
  • 20723 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 07:33 PM

This could take place after the JLA has been established for a while... just a thought.

Oh good so we're getting a timeline as convoluted as the "easily accessible" timeline for the New 52.

You're far too young to be this bitter and angry at the world....

I'm reading that with Roy's voice. Heck, I read everything you post in a laconic Irish accent.

#6 Dusty

Dusty
  • Citizen
  • 5850 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 07:36 PM

So they finally cast Waller, eh? Any pics of her yet or no?

Not yet. I have to assume cast pictures will start trickling out as we get closer to SDCC since they're filming already.

This could take place after the JLA has been established for a while... just a thought.

Oh good so we're getting a timeline as convoluted as the "easily accessible" timeline for the New 52.

He's just spitballing. Please hold your indignation for a later date.

#7 skankerzero

skankerzero

Back in DFW!

• Citizen
  • 7459 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 25 April 2015 - 08:05 PM

Yeah, if this is similar to new 52, which it appears to be, Batman has already been a crimefighter for some time. So it makes sense that there is already a rogues gallery out there for other heroes that just aren't public yet.

-----------
jesse sosa
owner / creative director
Dinosaur Games

#8 Dusty

Dusty
  • Citizen
  • 5850 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 08:14 PM

Some of those announced actors are heavily rumored to be playing specific characters. Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje is almost certainly playing Killer Croc, and Scott Eastwood is widely believed to be playing Steve Trevor.

#9 Rust

Rust

Slightly Off

• Supporter
  • 47900 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 08:14 PM

Oddly enough, the only thing I'm not keen on with Leto's Joker is the "Damaged" tattoo on his forehead.

#10 Dusty

Dusty
  • Citizen
  • 5850 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 08:18 PM

Oddly enough, the only thing I'm not keen on with Leto's Joker is the "Damaged" tattoo on his forehead.

That's exactly where I am with it. The other tattoos and affectations don't bother me at all. The Joker reappropriating aspects of the trashier corners of current culture (the grill, the pinky ring, the dumb Hot Topic tattoos) seems like something he would think is funny.

#11 Rust

Rust

Slightly Off

• Supporter
  • 47900 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 08:21 PM

Exactly. I also like the parody of the "Tear drop" tattoo in a stylized J. That's very much Joker-ish.

#12 (Deactivated) BB Shockwave

(Deactivated) BB Shockwave
  • Guests

Posted 27 April 2015 - 08:56 AM

It speaks volumes that it took this for the movie to actually get a topic here...

I'm still annoyed that they killed off Arrow's Deathshot because of Will Smith.

Joker... is weird. It's like Marilyn Manson cosplaying as the Joker. Too many weird tatoos, too.

That said, Margot Robbie will be an awesome Harley.

#13 Shenanigans

Shenanigans

Cynic-in-residence

• Supporter
  • 6492 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 27 April 2015 - 09:21 AM

He looks like Ninja from Die Antwoord.

XnIZN7T.jpg 

Shenanigans

Nonsense; mischief; often, a treacherous or deceitful trick.

#14 Mouse_Pad

Mouse_Pad

Maker of Toy Box Comix

• Citizen
  • 9451 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 12:39 PM

He doesn't look like The Joker.  He looks like a Joker copycat.  Some guy who's stealing the Joker's iconography and gimmickry.  I don't care for it, but I'm still willing to give the movie a shot.  Hopefully his acting will win me over.

#15 BHFlint

BHFlint

Bork!

• Retired Staff
  • 30666 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 27 April 2015 - 05:16 PM

Wouldn't that be interesting if it were the case? 

#16 Dusty

Dusty
  • Citizen
  • 5850 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 06:01 PM

I'm fairly sure he's the real Joker, but if one were to assume this is a Batman who's been around for 20 or so years, then this is presumably a Joker who's been active just as long, and has maybe been in and out of prison several times (which could account for some of the affectations). It could be an interesting angle if, in this version, he actually went to some sort of supermax prison, rather than just Arkham. Can you imagine the kind of cult that would be built up around the Joker if he were in the general population of a maximum security prison full of murderers and drug kingpins?

(Just to clarify, I have no plot information that backs up any of that, I'm just thinking out loud.)

#17 Detour

Detour

Too lazy to change the avatar but Graham Linehan is a sack of sh

• Supporter
  • 20723 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 06:06 PM

I'm kind of hoping all those fake teeth in front came about because Batman punches him really really hard.

Bonus points if you actually flash back to the punch that knocked most of em out.

You're far too young to be this bitter and angry at the world....

I'm reading that with Roy's voice. Heck, I read everything you post in a laconic Irish accent.

#18 Dusty

Dusty
  • Citizen
  • 5850 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 06:09 PM

Yeah, a lot of people have theorized that's why he's wearing those. Batman's been punching him in the face for 20 years and it took its toll.

(Also, jesus, Jared Leto is 43 and Ben Affleck is 42. That is not god damn fair.)

Edited by Dustybot, 27 April 2015 - 06:10 PM.

#19 Rust

Rust

Slightly Off

• Supporter
  • 47900 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 08:16 PM

Also, this is Joker shirtless. The majority of the tattoos will be covered I would assume.

Even if they weren't, this is hardly the first reimagination of the Clown Prince of Crime. He honestly looks like a Hollywood-ized version of the Joker from The Batman.

#20 unluckiness

unluckiness

Kazuma desu

• Citizen
  • 20295 posts
  • Faction::Minicon

Posted 27 April 2015 - 08:19 PM

That can't be right. He looks nothing like a Rastafarian hobo.

Edited by unluckiness, 27 April 2015 - 08:25 PM.

XgxCpmP.png

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users