Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Nevermore : (16 June 2021 - 04:33 AM)

You know what's kewl? Poor literacy.

@  wonko the sane? : (15 June 2021 - 04:31 PM)

Awesome, thanks for the heads up.

@  CORVUS : (15 June 2021 - 04:12 PM)

Kewl. Thanks!

@  Kalidor : (15 June 2021 - 02:08 PM)

Hey everybody! I wanted to announce that Sarahthecutevixen is our newest addition to the Allspark staff. She's primarily looking over discord stuff, but I wanted to make sure she got a welcome over here as well.

@  NovaSaber : (14 June 2021 - 11:07 AM)

Turn-Bass RPG

@  Sabrblade : (14 June 2021 - 10:21 AM)

Do not X0 quietly into the night.

@  ▲ndrusi : (14 June 2021 - 10:13 AM)

All your Bass are--

@  Donocropolis : (14 June 2021 - 05:56 AM)

*Bass X0 not available in Alaska or Hawaii.

@  Steevy Maximus : (13 June 2021 - 07:36 PM)

Get your own Big Mouth BassX0 for the low price of $19.95 (plusshippingandhandling)

@  repowers : (13 June 2021 - 12:45 PM)

Mr. Speaker, we are for the Bass X0.

@  Nevermore : (13 June 2021 - 06:04 AM)

It's all about that Bass XD.

@  tigerhawk : (13 June 2021 - 02:16 AM)

Will altering the moons orbit in any way help.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (13 June 2021 - 01:51 AM)

Now that you have seen this Bass XO, you must send it to five other Bass XOs or BassXO will come to you in a week and then you too will be BassXO.

@  Telly : (13 June 2021 - 12:08 AM)

or feed him after midnight

@  wonko the sane? : (12 June 2021 - 09:00 PM)

Just don't drop him.

@  Kaon : (12 June 2021 - 08:03 PM)

man this chat is nothing but Bass X)

@  Nevermore : (12 June 2021 - 07:08 PM)

Carefull, he is a Bass Xo.

@  TheMightyMol... : (12 June 2021 - 05:53 PM)

Aw, it's not even a shiny.

@  Sabrblade : (12 June 2021 - 05:27 PM)

A wild Bass X0 has appeared!

@  Bass X0 : (12 June 2021 - 05:20 PM)

I didn't even try this time.

@  Nevermore : (12 June 2021 - 03:43 AM)

8ass X÷ has hijacked this conversation.

@  Bass X0 : (12 June 2021 - 03:37 AM)

Its Bass X0. I named myself after my three favourite Mega Man characters - Bass, X and Zero. I did consider going with Vile Bass X0, but that would have been going too far.

@  repowers : (11 June 2021 - 11:29 PM)

Bass XO has been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.

@  Echowarrior : (11 June 2021 - 09:25 PM)

Do not taunt Bass XO.

@  wonko the sane? : (11 June 2021 - 09:02 PM)

Please consult a technician before using Bass XO. Do not operate Bass XO while consuming alcohol.

@  TheMightyMol... : (11 June 2021 - 04:48 PM)

Nine out of ten doctors recommend Bass XO. The last doctor is on my list.

@  Dekafox : (11 June 2021 - 01:51 PM)

Bass XO is available at these fine retailers.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (11 June 2021 - 02:01 AM)

Bass XO is not to be confused with Bay Sexo.

@  Fenix Twilight : (10 June 2021 - 08:38 PM)

It's good to be back, after that outage I think I'll try to post more.

@  Steevy Maximus : (10 June 2021 - 12:16 PM)

I think Hasbro Pulse is broken. Dang Star Wars nerds!

@  tigerhawk : (10 June 2021 - 04:46 AM)

When I googled 'space bridge' I was disappointed. Maybe in a hundred years.

@  ▲ndrusi : (09 June 2021 - 04:05 PM)

Bass XO is backward compatible with the Sega Master System.

@  Donocropolis : (09 June 2021 - 05:37 AM)

Bass XO has 9" long, dagger-like teeth and a 12,000 lb. bite force

@  repowers : (08 June 2021 - 07:26 PM)

Bass XO doesn't feel pain. He can't be reasoned with!

@  TheMightyMol... : (08 June 2021 - 02:57 PM)

Bass XO has no known weaknesses.

@  Nevermore : (08 June 2021 - 06:15 AM)

Base XO is definitely unstoppable.

@  Donocropolis : (07 June 2021 - 04:30 PM)

What about magnets? No one knows how they work or what they can do.

@  Bass X0 : (07 June 2021 - 02:22 PM)

Yes Cybershark, and now no force in the universe can stop us.

@  Cybersnark : (07 June 2021 - 10:03 AM)

Aaaan we're back!

@  Telly : (06 June 2021 - 09:07 PM)

its alive! AAAALIIIIIIVEEEEEE! *maniacal laugh*

@  repowers : (06 June 2021 - 02:18 PM)

WHAT!!! ALLSPARK!!! you IN LIVE!!!!!!

@  Donocropolis : (06 June 2021 - 01:53 PM)

Indeed. I was missing it.

@  Shockwave 75 : (06 June 2021 - 11:35 AM)

So glad the boards are back!

@  Echowarrior : (06 June 2021 - 07:45 AM)

It's alive! Alive!

@  wonko the sane? : (05 June 2021 - 08:32 PM)

Aw man, I missed this place...

@  Sabrblade : (05 June 2021 - 08:31 PM)

Now here in Manhattan, the spell is broken! And we live again!

@  PlutoniumBoss : (05 June 2021 - 08:16 PM)

Groovy.

@  Kaon : (05 June 2021 - 07:23 PM)

How is everyone

@  Kaon : (05 June 2021 - 06:42 PM)

test

@  tigerhawk : (24 May 2021 - 07:42 AM)

I'm making progress with tweezers. It's no great loss given Dai Atlas minor roles anyway, I really do prefer this mold for Titans Overlord and Sky Shadow,

Photo

What Stupid Thing Did the GOP Say Or Do Today -The Full Monty

GOP Stupid

8275 replies to this topic

#61 Autobot Bubbs

Autobot Bubbs

Professional procrastinator

• Citizen
  • 5568 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 30 April 2015 - 02:21 AM

So, the Supreme Court is finally in the process of discussing & deciding marriage equality. 

Which means its about time for the opponents of said equality to come out of the woodworks. Even more than usual.

Case in point- this lawyer claiming gay marriage will result in nine hundred thousand abortions. 

http://www.independe...s-10194093.html

I have the perfect picture to accompany this.... unfortunately, I'm at work right now and thus can't post it.

Alla yuz'll have to wait after 6:00cst.

EDIT: Sorry I'm late.

Attached Files

Edited by Autobot Bubbs, 30 April 2015 - 07:14 AM.

spoilers are a stabbing weight upon my soul.... crushing it into a dark existential nothingness

#62 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

Oh dear lord I am bored...

• Citizen
  • 44806 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 30 April 2015 - 06:39 AM

It's not an "it's over 9 thousand" meme pic, is it?

Per Nick Nemesis's Suggestion: I hate everything.

#63 Autobot Bubbs

Autobot Bubbs

• Citizen
  • 5568 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 07:11 AM

Nope

spoilers are a stabbing weight upon my soul.... crushing it into a dark existential nothingness

#64 Copper Bezel

Copper Bezel

Thighs should be seductive.

• Supporter
  • 52873 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 30 April 2015 - 07:17 AM

Okay, here's what I don't understand. The public has moved on this issue. There are plenty of social issues left for the GOP to use as wedge issues, including abortion itself. Now, I do understand that there's always benefit to be had in demonizing your opponents, and not an awful lot of cost in doing it unconvincingly - in a worst case scenario, you step back from whoever you made say the ridiculous thing and pretend it was never your position. There's a jiveload of material out there about gay people as pedophiles and things, sometimes with hilarious made up numbers there, too. 

But for real, what benefit is there to the GOP in defining gay people as their enemies that they're going to go as far as using troll math to do it, presumably in the hope that some number of people will half-recognize and half-believe the number without thinking any further and so on ....

Gay marriage is winning in popular support, and states are falling over like dominoes to legally recognize it. Everyone knows where this is going. The GOP can't stop it any more than they can universally ban abortion. But ... the GOP still has a clear stance on abortion, too, and not all of their supporters actually support that, either. 

Is that the game plan - to lose the issue, gain the fealty of anyone who takes the side they've taken out of sheer spite, and let it become such a lost battle that people who oppose their stance on it still feel comfortable siding with them, because those supporters know the party can't actually do any damage on the issue? Ultimately, to patronize opponents of gay marriage by nominally supporting their stance, and securing their loyalty without actually reflecting it in policy?

Edited by Copper Bezel, 30 April 2015 - 07:18 AM.

Shouldn't gravity be doing something?

Of course there's a figure of Rodimus as some kind of animal girl. Why would I be surprised by this?

#65 Autobot Bubbs

Autobot Bubbs

• Citizen
  • 5568 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 07:55 AM

Well, I've always seen it as kind of a Bullying thing.  The right likes to prop itself up as 'the moral majority', the bible-loving righteous folk to lead us on the righteous path of biblical righteousness.  And naturally, if one actually follows the bible, the adversary of righteousness is Sin.  There in lies the problem; everybody sins.  As is said every Sunday morning, 'if we say we are without sin we deceive ourselves'.  SO, what is 'the moral majority' to do?  They can't go after the Adulterers and thieves and liars... they do that and they'd likely find themselves in someone's cross-hairs (especially for the lying thing).  Thus they've cherry-picked a verse from the bible to target the odd men/women out.  Fewer homosexuals, so it's unlikely they'll do any damage to their constituent base.

And as we've already seen... the right tends to stick to their guns, regardless of wither or not their the right guns to stick to.

#66 Ironbite

Ironbite

TIME JUDGED ALL!

• Supporter
  • 29932 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 30 April 2015 - 08:15 AM

That.  The GOP has a very hard time letting stuff go.  See the Obama Birth Certificate.  They honestly believe that they'll win and an entire voting base will continue to vote for them and get them elected.  Maybe on a local, state, and Congressional level.  Nationally....they're boned.

Ironbite-completely boned.

xC9l3eY.gif

#67 Paladin

Paladin

Have Zord, Will Travel

• Citizen
  • 14207 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 08:26 AM

Don't be so sure. They've spent a fortune on news networks cultivating a generation of idiots. Hence why the GOP has majority control over the House/Senate at the moment. 

They will lose eventually (the villains always do) but they will fight it every inch and destroy anything they can even potentially associate with an opponent. 

Stuff for sale; every little bit helps. :) https://www.allspark.com/forums/topic/143212-for-sale-3p-mp-potp-super-sentai-stuff TWITTER: Paladin4221

#68 Copper Bezel

Copper Bezel

• Supporter
  • 52873 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 08:49 AM

I'm not convinced. I feel like they can lose every policy battle there is and still retain enough support to keep the war at a stalemate. I feel like everything has been done that possibly can to institutionalize the two parties and that no setback in an election cycle represents any kind of existential threat to either party.

Of course there's a figure of Rodimus as some kind of animal girl. Why would I be surprised by this?

#69 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

Oh dear lord I am bored...

• Citizen
  • 44806 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 09:35 AM

That.  The GOP has a very hard time letting stuff go.  See the Obama Birth Certificate.  They honestly believe that they'll win and an entire voting base will continue to vote for them and get them elected.  Maybe on a local, state, and Congressional level.  Nationally....they're boned.

Ironbite-completely boned.

Yeah... been on the forum for a LONG time, seen plenty of elections in that time.

We always say this. Always. And its never true. They do better than the other guy, half the time, just about.

Per Nick Nemesis's Suggestion: I hate everything.

#70 Patch

Patch
  • Retired Staff
  • 36687 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 10:42 AM

Essentially the primary candidates are throwing a bunch of red meat to the party base.  This is what their base wants to hear.  Then whoever makes it into the general election is then going to have to make a shift back toward the center because the same thing that riles up the base makes them fundamentally unelectable to moderates, centrists, and the left.

#71 CORVUS

CORVUS

Holy crap!

• Supporter
  • 34412 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 11:43 AM

And the stupid just keeps on a rolling...

Insanity: GOP Gov. Calls In State Guard In Case Obama Plans To Invade Texas

“We’re not going to interfere with their rights or their privacy,” the U.S. Army’s Lt. Col. Mark Lastoria tried to reassure Bastrop County, Texas residents at a jam-packed meeting. But most neighbors present wanted nothing to do with Operation Jade Helm 15, a two month military training exercise.

Despite Lastoria’s promises to conduct the training exercises “safely and courteously,” KXAN news footage shows one resident getting loud applause when he declared:

“Would the court be offended if I told the colonel I don’t believe a single word that he just said?”

Apparently, some folks in Basrop County think Jade Helm’s some sort of smoke screen for Barack Obama to invade Texas and take their guns, including Daniel DuCloux:

“I think historically, it’s much more common for governments to be tyrannical and infringe on other’s rights. So when you see a large military build-up like this, I think it’s our duty as citizens to question what’s going on and to find answers. I mean, if we don’t, then who will?”

Gov. Greg Abbot must have heard quite an earful, because radio station KUT.Org reports Abbot’s sending in the state guard to keep a beady eye on this training exercise. Or, as Abbot explains in officialese “monitor” it:

Texas Governor Greg Abbott is ordering the Texas State Guard to monitor a two-month long U.S. military exercise scheduled to be held in Bastrop County this summer. The move comes amid suspicions from some residents (and the Internet) about the motivations behind the training.

Abbot also tweeted:

I’ve ordered the Texas State Guard to monitor Jade Helm 15 to safeguard Texans’ constitutional rights, private property & civil liberties

— Greg Abbott (@GregAbbott_TX) April 28, 2015

Jade Helm 15 involves over 1,200 Special Operations trainees in seven states:  Texas, Nevada, California, Utah, Colorado, Arizona, and New Mexico. Only 60 of those soldiers are coming to Batsrop County, and the training takes place on private land offered voluntarily and free of charge. Lastoria explained at the town meeting:

“After driving around Texas all of two weeks ago logging in about 900 miles in less than 48 hours, I can see the terrain is very challenging and is going to make our soldiers sweat. And sweating in peacetime is what we want because we want to reduce the bleeding in wartime.”

At least there were a few sane voices in the crowd. Bastrop resident Tom Watts told KXAN:

“If they’re not going to be on the roads, doing road blocks, stopping people or anything, this little exercise here [the meeting] seems to be complete overkill.”

Dan Nichols added:

“We’re training the military and the special operations people specifically to go out and defend our country so we can have that right.”

That’s right. Here are our tax dollars at work training military forces to protect our God-given American right to promote bizarre conspiracy theories.

My response?

a46.jpg

Edited by CORVUS, 30 April 2015 - 11:45 AM.

"Whoa, it's been upgraded to stank. Just last week it was only stink. Stonk can't be far away." - Strong Bad

#72 Wheelimus

Wheelimus

And we're back to meh

• Administrator
  • 35318 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 01:12 PM

It's important to remember that a lot of these creeps in the Republican party actually believe their bullshit. So you have to remove reason and logic when thinking about why they do what they do.

These are people who think all of the battles they're losing are a test from god (little g because I refuse to humor their idiocy) and thus all they need is conviction and they'll be proven right in the end. When you tell them they've lost because of how much the landscape has changed in ten years they'll reply that god will swing opinion back the other way a decade from now. Seriously.

They aren't shitting their pants in Texas over an Obama takeover just for giggles...they believe it. Which is scary as fuck because dealing with crazy people is bad...dealing with ones who think they're right and everyone else is crazy is even worse.

As for the current Republican majorities in Congress they have little to do with Americans embracing conservative ideology and everything to do with the political facts of the last two elections. In 2012 Democratic House candidates got more votes than the GOP. Which makes sense, Obama won the election after all. But the gerrymandering done in the preceding years negated that. If you stack the deck with most districts being 60%+ Republican and zig zag all of the Democrats into a few ultra concentrated districts this is what happens. 2014 wasn't a Republican ultimatum, Democrats just had twice as many seats to defend in the Senate and lost ground in the House in a sub 50% non POTUS election (which was even more gerrymandered than two years prior).

2016 will be different because well over 70% of the country will vote in the election. Democrats are likely to have the momentum of fighting for the first female President behind them. Republicans will have some nutter. Not saying it will be easy but I'm looking forward to the fight. As for the future we'd be far better off figuring out how to get participation up in off year year elections than fearing conservative thinking. My favorite idea there is to push for election day to be a national holiday and fight for increasing early voting and someday online voting.

#73 Patch

Patch
  • Retired Staff
  • 36687 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 01:57 PM

Ugh.  Sending in the National Guard to monitor a military training exercise.  Way to legitimize a load of tin-foil hat nonsense, Guv.

#74 Ironbite

Ironbite

TIME JUDGED ALL!

• Supporter
  • 29932 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 05:02 PM

Oh let the hypocrisy....continue/

Dustin Smith is an “out and proud gay man” living in North Dakota, one of America’s more conservative states. So the 21-year-old wasn’t exactly surprised when he read that state legislators had refused to outlaw discrimination against gays. “These are the members of the House who voted against legal protections,” read the headline of an April 2 articlealongside photos of the politicians.

What surprised Smith was that he knew one of them — somewhat intimately, it turns out.

“I’m sure I’ve talked to this person before,” Smith remembers thinking to himself, as he told The Washington Post in a telephone interview from his home in Bismarck, N.D. “Suddenly it dawned on me: I think I’ve seen this guy on Grindr!”

Smith started going through his conversations on Grindr — “an all-male location-based social network“— searching for the round, bespectacled face and bushy eyebrows. And there he was: Top Man!, a.k.a. Randy Boehning, the Republican state representative from Fargo.

Scrolling through the conversation, however, Smith found more than sexually suggestive messages. He found an unsolicited picture of the public servant’s not-so-public parts.

“I just felt like this story had to get out,” Smith said. “A [representative] had voted against a bill for the LGBT community and here he was talking to me on Grindr.”

[“Outrage” documentary outs gay politicians who vote against gay rights]

Smith approached a reporter from the Forum in Fargo, and on Monday night the newspaper ran an exposé.

Since his election in 2002, Boehning has proved a staunch conservative. He has pushed to allow guns in classrooms and churches and sponsored strict voter identification requirements. He once attacked Democrats over their effort to give poor kids extra milk at school. Twice, he’s voted against expanding legal protections for gays.

Grindr-gate, however, has plunged Boehning into an existential crisis. Confronted with the photos he had sent Smith, the lawmaker admitted that he was gay. (His Grindr bio reads: “Seems I haven’t found mister right yet, so need to keep looking for and having fun on the way! Hit me up boys.”)

Boehning, 49, also defended sending the younger man a picture of his private parts and pickup lines such as “What’s up tonight sexy?”

“That’s what gay guys do on gay sites, don’t they?” he told the Forum. “That’s how things happen on Grindr. It’s a gay chat site. It’s not the first thing you do on that site. That’s what we do, exchange pics on the site.”

But then things got weird.

Boehning said Smith’s disclosure of the photos was part of a campaign to retaliate against him for his vote against the anti-discrimination bill. A fellow state representative had tried to blackmail him before the April 2 vote, threatening Boehning that he would be targeted for retaliation if he didn’t back the legislation, Boehning also claimed. But then he refused to name the alleged blackmailer.

He also gave two reasons for voting against the bill, even though he is gay,according to the Forum. Boehning quibbled with the language of the proposed legislation, which would have protected people “perceived” to be gay. But he also said he voted against his own self-interest because his south Fargo constituents would want him to.

“This has been a challenge for me,” he said. “You don’t tell everyone you’re going to vote one way and then switch your vote another way — you don’t have any credibility that way.”

Grindr-gate has caused controversy in Bismarck, a city of less than 70,000. Some questioned whether it was right for Smith — and the Forum — to effectively out the politician.

So it's not that some newspaper outed this man, as has been done to so many homosexual and transgendered folks before, it's the fact that he's an utter hypocrite that is getting people's goats.  Cause I think the second to last line says it all.

Ironbite-why trust anything you say if you're just gonna speak out of both sides of your ass?

xC9l3eY.gif

#75 Patch

Patch
  • Retired Staff
  • 36687 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 05:06 PM

I think we covered that one already on the previous page.

#76 Ironbite

Ironbite

TIME JUDGED ALL!

• Supporter
  • 29932 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 05:59 PM

Did we?  Hard to tell.

xC9l3eY.gif

#77 Copper Bezel

Copper Bezel

• Supporter
  • 52873 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 06:03 PM

Yes.

#78 Patch

Patch
  • Retired Staff
  • 36687 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 06:05 PM

Yeah.  See here? Where I linked the exact same article?  And you were the first to respond to my post?

It's okay, we're all getting older and we forget things sometimes.  :D

#79 Wheelimus

Wheelimus

And we're back to meh

• Administrator
  • 35318 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 07:12 PM

Did we?  Hard to tell.

<pretend Rick James> Cocaine is a hell of a drug! </pretend Rick James>

#80 Ironbite

Ironbite

TIME JUDGED ALL!

• Supporter
  • 29932 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 08:36 PM

Hey my memory is swiss cheese I'll have you know.  APU exhaust might be warm in the winter time but hell on the memory.

xC9l3eY.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users