Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Steevy Maximus : (10 May 2021 - 05:22 PM)

God, it's such a pain to have a local email address shut down. So many accounts to update...

@  Bass X0 : (10 May 2021 - 04:43 PM)

"Let's make a bargain, shall we? You ask Primus for help and I'll stop the moment He shows up."

@  tigerhawk : (10 May 2021 - 02:56 AM)

The 1988 G1 line up could all have been done as Titan Master things, I figure the Pretenders could be done as Titan Master Drones and Prime Master shells.

@  Cyoti : (08 May 2021 - 11:14 AM)

Perfect is the enemy of the good. And it's still better than making him a remold of RTS Jazz as planned originally. Fact of the matter is: Nightbeat is just not a priority with Hasbro.

@  Demovere Xeno : (08 May 2021 - 08:58 AM)

Generations Nightbeat never really scratched that itch sadly; he looked okay, but his transformation was fiddly, his robot mode had far too many bits and pieces flopping around unsecured, and his chest dragged along the surface in var mode. =/

@  Demovere Xeno : (08 May 2021 - 08:57 AM)

I second wishing that we got a Deluxe Nightbeat from TR, mostly because as a kid he was second-in-command to my old Powermaster Optimus for the longest time. =P

@  tigerhawk : (08 May 2021 - 05:41 AM)

Wipe Out and Wilder it coulda been: Wipe Out is down in the dumps because the Scramble City Trypticon was destroyed and left him a drifting to the point he arrives in Legends World, he finds Wilder and both go on a crime spree subverted by their realisation neither gets any joy from it until they stop a violent crook together and become anti heroes. (Bass XO beat me!)

@  Bass X0 : (08 May 2021 - 05:39 AM)

Yes, Nightbeat and Siren would have been easy remolds of Chromedome - just give them new chests and each other's Titan Master heads. Fangry and Squeezeplay would be remolded from Twinferno with their own Titan Master heads. And Horri-Bull would have been remolded from Wolfwire.

@  Rycochet : (07 May 2021 - 05:10 PM)

Surprised we didn't get a full size retool from the monsterbot mold. I'd rather have a CW Ironhide retool though, we need a van Wilder.

@  tigerhawk : (07 May 2021 - 04:19 PM)

I just noticed Wilder was the only omission from Takara Legends.

@  Nevermore : (07 May 2021 - 06:01 AM)

Even more weirdly, it was the early shift where some people had their regular day off for the week, while the late shift was supposed to have full attendance (not counting sick days, vacations and overtime reduction).

@  Nevermore : (07 May 2021 - 01:15 AM)

The weirdest part was that there was a steady influx of voters during the early shift, while hardly anyone showed up during the late shift.

@  Nevermore : (07 May 2021 - 01:14 AM)

Wow, that was a long day. But it's over, and I finally got some sleep. Not particularly happy with the outcome, but then again, my candidates both admit they didn't really campaign that much.

@  Echowarrior : (06 May 2021 - 08:56 PM)

Best of luck, Nevermore.

@  wonko the sane? : (06 May 2021 - 10:18 AM)

Best of luck man.

@  electricidad : (05 May 2021 - 03:22 PM)

GOOD LUCK, NEVERMORE!

@  Nevermore : (05 May 2021 - 03:14 PM)

The election committee whose chairman I am has been preparing this election since February. There's no real gain for me either way, so I don't care that much for the outcome, but it's going to be a stressful day for me either way.

@  Nevermore : (05 May 2021 - 03:13 PM)

Wish me luck. Tomorrow is this year's supervisory board election at my workplace, and I'm the guy in charge of organizing the election.

@  tigerhawk : (05 May 2021 - 01:30 PM)

I have two Overlords one was faulty with a melted foot and they never took it back but replaced it, I just checked the guns, both the handles seem to be turning white.

@  TheMightyMol... : (04 May 2021 - 07:38 PM)

REVELATION! Towering war machines more durable than nerd!

@  Telly : (04 May 2021 - 07:18 PM)

pansy. my trypticon AND scorponok took a header from 4 feet up and only had parts pop off that were easily reattached. guess 'cons are tougher...

@  tigerhawk : (04 May 2021 - 04:03 PM)

My TR Perceptor fell and the titan master peg in the leg snapped off. Fortunately I have the Legends one.

@  wonko the sane? : (02 May 2021 - 08:50 PM)

It's a fairly well known fact that "it's a wonderful life" only became popular after it dropped into the public domain. So, yeah, they probably did.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (02 May 2021 - 08:29 PM)

I read an interesting observation on Twitter. If it is the natural course of a human to grow into Grandpa Abe yelling at a cloud, but nostalgia also yields rose-tinted glasses for the likes of one's youth, then did Greatest Generation adults bemoan how Baby Boomer children loved box office flops such as The Wizard of Oz and It's a Wonderful Life?

@  Steevy Maximus : (02 May 2021 - 09:54 AM)

You’re traveling down a rabbit hole I dare not follow

@  Otaku : (02 May 2021 - 09:26 AM)

At the same time, with my almost non-existent knowledge of Japanese and how oddly some things translate, seeing "Gorgeous Giorgios Gorges" made me wonder if that would make it "JoJoJo"... which now has my brain terrified of a weird Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo/Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Crossover. @[email protected]

@  Otaku : (02 May 2021 - 09:24 AM)

It is always weird when things align.  This talk of Gorgeous Giorgios Gorges in the SquawkBox reminded me of King Gorgeous Gorge on the FoxBox.

@  -LittleAutob... : (01 May 2021 - 08:52 PM)

Nice

@  Nevermore : (01 May 2021 - 09:03 AM)

I got one even better: After that character by the name of Gorgeous Giorgios dies in a gorge, they name that whole area after him: The Gorgeous Giorgios Gorges.

@  tigerhawk : (30 April 2021 - 01:56 AM)

Paint apps did slide notably during TR, wave one's Titan Masters had detail but wave 2 onwards was absent of them. Wave 5's Ramhorn, Dreadnaut, Scorchfire and Aimless had detail but Murk and Hazard didn't, can't speak for Flameout as I got Legends Twintwist and Slugslinger.

@  kizudarake : (29 April 2021 - 04:50 PM)

Anyone here got any g1 jet fire parts for sale?

@  wonko the sane? : (29 April 2021 - 04:12 PM)

Other than a few overly tight joints, the paints apps are my single complaint about the generations line.

@  tigerhawk : (29 April 2021 - 02:25 PM)

I just saw Legends Leo Prime now I wish Titans Return Alpha Trion had a few more paint apps for ship mode.

@  walruslaw : (28 April 2021 - 09:33 PM)

dagrimbo

@  CORVUS : (27 April 2021 - 08:11 PM)

Indeed.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (27 April 2021 - 04:59 PM)

CORVUS: considering that reply, I'm pretty sure this was just another instance of Bass posting poorly-defined drivel as if it were profound.

@  TheMightyMol... : (27 April 2021 - 04:24 PM)

Given the last year and a half or so, is it any surprise?

@  Bass X0 : (27 April 2021 - 04:12 PM)

People are snapping already it seems.

@  Kaon : (27 April 2021 - 12:15 PM)

I like the Shattered Glass Megatron's alt mode

@  CORVUS : (26 April 2021 - 07:30 PM)

I'd like to know what society he's talking about, and what qualifies as "nothing", TBH.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (26 April 2021 - 05:09 PM)

I don't see the point in such a poorly defined "everyone is terrible" statement. He's not complaining about any specific people or specific problems.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (26 April 2021 - 05:06 PM)

I do not see anything about Bass's comment that felt a need for you to attack him.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (26 April 2021 - 04:35 PM)

Bass: does that "everyone" include yourself or are you just trying to act like you're better than everybody without actually proving anything?

@  wonko the sane? : (26 April 2021 - 04:10 PM)

Mostly it's "oh, don't say that right now" and "better learn when to duck".

@  Bass X0 : (26 April 2021 - 04:05 PM)

There's something to be said about society when everyones just an inch away from snapping over nothing.

@  Steevy Maximus : (26 April 2021 - 02:17 PM)

WalMart is a cruel mistress. Today she runneth over...tommorrow, she'll be barren as a desert.

@  -LittleAutob... : (26 April 2021 - 12:21 PM)

I love Wal-mart now- They have way more Transformers figures than Target- last night I came home with a WFC Authentic Wheeljack even though I was torn between wanting TFP Arcee and TF: The Movie Blurr, two figures I have never ever seen before-

@  -LittleAutob... : (25 April 2021 - 10:29 AM)

Spelling intended lol

@  -LittleAutob... : (25 April 2021 - 10:29 AM)

Curious Geogore

@  NotVeryKnightly : (25 April 2021 - 07:54 AM)

"My name is Giovanni Giorgio, but everybody calls me Giorgio"

Photo

What Stupid Thing Did the GOP Say Or Do Today -CHOKE TURTLE CHOKE!

GOP Stupid

8163 replies to this topic

#21 Wheelimus

Wheelimus

And we're back to meh

• Administrator
  • 35313 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 24 April 2015 - 11:34 AM

Lets just not go down that road. It's clearly twisting, full of explosives & quicksand, AND you have to deal with Sand People in the distance shooting at you.

#22 Paladin

Paladin

Have Zord, Will Travel

• Citizen
  • 14174 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 24 April 2015 - 02:34 PM

Lets just not go down that road. It's clearly twisting, full of explosives & quicksand, AND you have to deal with Sand People in the distance shooting at you.

Be nice. They're called Texans. 

Stuff for sale; every little bit helps. :) https://www.allspark.com/forums/topic/143212-for-sale-3p-mp-potp-super-sentai-stuff TWITTER: Paladin4221

#23 Galenraff

Galenraff

Sarcasm: unappreciated.

• Retired Staff
  • 33615 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 24 April 2015 - 02:38 PM

Well, "Law" of course extends beyond just the constitution.  There's lots of other sources of law like treaties, there's interpretations of law, judgements and precedents set as law in court cases, to name a few.

The separation of church and state doesn't come from the Constitution, but from the Treaty of Tripoli.  So even though not in a strict reading of the Constitution itself, it's law.

For the right to privacy, the Constitution and other laws don't explicitly detail what this is.  There's clearly (as in the case with the 4th amendment) limits on government intrusiveness on a person and their effects, but nothing about what others do to each other as a top level right.  There's property laws, and some states make other complaints available to citizens under the law, but it's never been recognized as a thing at the federal level.

Law is so much more complex than people like it to be...sadly many of those people are currently lawmakers.  Ugh.

ALERT: Everything is fine.

#24 Ashley

Ashley

The nerd formerly known as Waspinator

• Citizen
  • 23934 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 24 April 2015 - 09:20 PM

The Bill of Rights does prohibit a national religion, which is definitely a part of separation of church and state.

If you can read this, you don't need glasses.

#25 Copper Bezel

Copper Bezel

Thighs should be seductive.

• Supporter
  • 52842 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 10:12 PM

Separation of church and state is still a broader concept than that, though.

Shouldn't gravity be doing something?

Of course there's a figure of Rodimus as some kind of animal girl. Why would I be surprised by this?

#26 Patch

Patch
  • Retired Staff
  • 36658 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 10:50 PM

I think what the Founding Fathers DID envision with the Constitution was the need for it to provide a foundation for governing, but also for it to evolve to suit the needs of a changing society.  That's why amendments are a thing.

The Founding Fathers are all dead and gone so it's not like their personal viewpoints are particularly relevant to marriage equality in today's society, but they set everything up so that we'd be able to deal with it ourselves.

#27 Autobot Bubbs

Autobot Bubbs

Professional procrastinator

• Citizen
  • 5556 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 24 April 2015 - 11:42 PM

The Bill of Rights does prohibit a national religion, which is definitely a part of separation of church and state.

But.... "The constitution is a holy document".  That's why "You can't be liberal leaning and respect the constitution".

Or at least that how some 'gay-cake' obsessed troll on Facebook sees it.

spoilers are a stabbing weight upon my soul.... crushing it into a dark existential nothingness

#28 Copper Bezel

Copper Bezel

• Supporter
  • 52842 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 12:28 AM

The Founding Fathers are all dead and gone so it's not like their personal viewpoints are particularly relevant to marriage equality in today's society, but they set everything up so that we'd be able to deal with it ourselves.

Sure, if you can accept that a 200 year old legal document can have relevance today in the first place. It's not as if it's a uniquely good constitution. It's just the one that both parties are working under, ostensibly the rules of the game. But when someone lies about the contents or holds views more regressive than the ones being represented at the time of the constitution's actual writing, it's worth pointing out to them.

Of course there's a figure of Rodimus as some kind of animal girl. Why would I be surprised by this?

#29 Pennpenn

Pennpenn
  • Citizen
  • 12182 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 12:32 AM

But.... "The constitution is a holy document".  That's why "You can't be liberal leaning and respect the constitution".

I wonder if the majority of the Founding Fathers would be amused or disgusted by that interpretation?

#30 Patch

Patch
  • Retired Staff
  • 36658 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 12:40 AM

Sure, if you can accept that a 200 year old legal document can have relevance today in the first place. It's not as if it's a uniquely good constitution. It's just the one that both parties are working under, ostensibly the rules of the game.

That's why I think the amendment process was genius.  They planned for obsolescence.  The main problem is, nowadays we could really use some big changes, but the two-party gridlock is not about to let that happen.

But when someone lies about the contents or holds views more regressive than the ones being represented at the time of the constitution's actual writing, it's worth pointing out to them.

Agreed.  It's aggravating to see people who treat the Constitution like they'd treat the Bible - inerrant and everlasting - yet highly misunderstand the contents or the intent of its authors.

#31 Rust

Rust

Slightly Off

• Supporter
  • 49562 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 09:11 AM

I wonder if the majority of the Founding Fathers would be amused or disgusted by that interpretation?

I'm reasonably confident seeing today's political system would either: A) Cause the Founders to start another Revolution or B) Washington would shoot both Jefferson and Madison.

Possibly both.

#32 Wheelimus

Wheelimus

And we're back to meh

• Administrator
  • 35313 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 12:11 PM

If we talk The Doctor into bringing them here to test this theory out we'll need to be extra careful with their introduction, some shit right out of a Captain America movie, or else we're going to kill every single one of them as they run into oncoming traffic like scared squirrels.

Kind of why I don't put a huge amount of value in what they believed. Another time and place in history that could never understand where we are anymore than we truly understand the lives they led. I'll uphold the things they believed in that aren't fucking stupid in their memory but everything else is up for reevaluation.

#33 Copper Bezel

Copper Bezel

• Supporter
  • 52842 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 04:53 PM

Sounds like my relationship to the teachings of Christ. Selective reverence. = )

#34 MrBlud

MrBlud

Goes down smooth...

• Retired Staff
  • 52915 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 10:08 PM

I'm reasonably confident seeing today's political system would either: A) Cause the Founders to start another Revolution or B) Washington would shoot both Jefferson and Madison.

Possibly both.

Washington can hate parties all he wants but we've always had (and always will) people with differing opinions on how things should be run.

They're going to break off into their own little cliques even if we don't call them "parties".

card-strongarm.jpg

#35 Rust

Rust

Slightly Off

• Supporter
  • 49562 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 10:19 PM

I think it was more the tone Jefferson and Madison set for politics more then anything. Both men were the owners of the largest newspapers and broadsheets of the day and there was no such thing as "Yellow Journalism" back then. Their papers were terribly biased against various aspects of Washington's administration (As going after the President and his polices directly was both illegal and ruinous - $200 fine. In Seventeenth Century money.).

Seeing the modern news media would finally be the straw that broke Washington's back in regards to those two nutballs. Washington was terrified of the wheels coming off their untested republic...Madison and Jefferson were sitting on the wheels seeing how far they'd bend.

#36 Ironbite

Ironbite

TIME JUDGED ALL!

• Supporter
  • 29885 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 06:32 PM

RESET THE COUN-oh.  Right.  No counter.  How awkward.

Source: http://www.huffingto...kushpmg00000067

DES MOINES, Iowa, April 26 (Reuters) - Republican presidential hopefuls in Iowa and elsewhere have recently begun sounding a call to arms to Christian conservatives, describing what they say is an urgent threat to religious liberty.

Citing high-profile dust-ups over religious freedom bills in Indiana and Arkansas, the contenders are painting a vivid picture of faith under fire.

"In the past month, we have seen religious liberty under assault at an unprecedented level," Senator Ted Cruz of Texas said on Saturday at a forum sponsored by the Iowa Faith and Freedom Coalition outside Des Moines.

In both Indiana and Arkansas, bills aimed at protecting religious liberty were modified after critics, including a number of corporations, asserted the laws would allow discrimination against lesbians and gays.

On the campaign trail, Republican hopefuls are blasting the modifications.

"Corporate America needs to be careful," Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal said on Saturday.

"We've got legislation in Louisiana to protect people of faith and of conscience. Corporate America is not going to bully the governor of Louisiana," he said, drawing loud applause.

Iowa traditionally draws early and intense campaigning by presidential aspirants because it is the first electoral contest in the long primary season. But candidates face a dilemma there: Do they emphasize the socially conservative principles that play well with Iowa's more conservative Republican electorate? Or do they stress a more mainstream conservatism that might play better later in the campaign?

Gay marriage is a particularly thorny issue, especially with the U.S. Supreme Court set to hear oral arguments this week in a legal challenge to laws prohibiting same-sex unions.

Overall, 50 percent of Americans now support gay marriage, according to data from Reuters/Ipsos, with 34 percent opposing it and 16 percent unsure. Still, according to polling from the Pew Research Center, nearly 70 percent of white evangelicals oppose gay marriage, and in 2012, about 57 percent of Republican voters in the Iowa caucuses described themselves as evangelical Christians.

Ironbite-really can't wait till Tuesday when Gay Marriage opponents argue "BUT IT'S ICKEY!" in front of 9 Supreme Court Justices.

xC9l3eY.gif

#37 Patch

Patch
  • Retired Staff
  • 36658 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 06:36 PM

"Corporate America needs to be careful," Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal said on Saturday.

"We've got legislation in Louisiana to protect people of faith and of conscience. Corporate America is not going to bully the governor of Louisiana," he said, drawing loud applause.

Funny how they're anti-business when it suits their purposes.  And who's going to stand up for the LGBT population of Louisiana when the governor tries to bully them?

#38 Wheelimus

Wheelimus

And we're back to meh

• Administrator
  • 35313 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 07:07 PM

I'm too lazy to do the work but slap a GOP logo on this and we have our counter.

homerplant.png

#39 Princess Viola

Princess Viola
  • Supporter
  • 31900 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 27 April 2015 - 10:35 PM

can't we just tell these radicals that if they wanna live in a theocracy so badly, there's a little ally of ours called saudi arabia they're free to move to?

dznwjievmaanw90kooil.png

#40 Tm_Silverclaw

Tm_Silverclaw
  • Citizen
  • 11361 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 28 April 2015 - 02:19 AM

I want someone to seriously ask these one of these Republicans in a debate, "With your religious Zeal and wanting to remove the religious rights of others, how does that make you any different from Isis or the Talaban."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users