Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  TheMightyMol... : (28 February 2021 - 09:39 AM)

The US election? *rimshot*

@  Paladin : (28 February 2021 - 09:19 AM)

WHICH 2016 clown panic?

@  NotVeryKnightly : (28 February 2021 - 07:22 AM)

Didn't that come right after the 2016 clown panic? No way to make clowns not disturbing at the time, surely.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (28 February 2021 - 04:26 AM)

The clown guise is supposed to lure kids in, it's no good if it looks sus in one glance.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (28 February 2021 - 04:15 AM)

The new one tries too hard to be unsettling from the start. Curry's look is just a plain old clown, until he very much is not.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (28 February 2021 - 04:14 AM)

And Curry has a far more disturbing look at times than the newbie.

@  Sabrblade : (28 February 2021 - 02:22 AM)

And the original was a showcase of Tim Curry's delightfulness as an actor. 'Nuff said.

@  unluckiness : (27 February 2021 - 10:19 PM)

first one was a decent horror flick but the second was a mess plotwise and even the scares were worse

@  tigerhawk : (27 February 2021 - 04:57 PM)

Never understood the hype for the IT movies, too many floppy zombie chases, They're not in the least unsettling.

@  Maruten : (25 February 2021 - 06:00 PM)

It's better than the last one!

@  Steevy Maximus : (25 February 2021 - 11:30 AM)

The new Wizards of the Coast logo looks stupid

@  Steevy Maximus : (25 February 2021 - 11:29 AM)

It's really rather shocking watching the Investor Day presentation and seeing how much Hasbro actually owns now.

@  -LittleAutob... : (25 February 2021 - 10:26 AM)

If everyone had COMMON SENSE, then things would maybe go a little better-

@  repowers : (24 February 2021 - 05:33 PM)

If everyone would just have the exact same opinions as me then we wouldn't have this problem

@  Kalidor : (24 February 2021 - 01:49 PM)

It just depends on what it is. It is preferable to take it to P&R though. But sometimes current news as it's happening is less restrictive.

@  fourteenwings : (24 February 2021 - 12:18 AM)

Huh, good point (x3)

@  ▲ndrusi : (23 February 2021 - 11:46 AM)

Yeah. 1. People treat it like Twitter. 2. There's no "take it to P&R" since there's no P&R for the Shoutbox. 3. There's similarly no way to avoid either subjects or people in the Shoutbox since there's no division and it doesn't respect the ignore function, so people end up engaging when they normally wouldn't.

@  fourteenwings : (23 February 2021 - 10:56 AM)

Is there something about the Shoutbox that just means we get politics taking over the thing at least once a week?

@  wonko the sane? : (23 February 2021 - 08:26 AM)

At least your government is willing to talk about the collapsing medicare system. In quebec, their ignoring it in favour of talking about language again! Oh, and unconstitutionally denying access to eduction.

@  Shockwave 75 : (23 February 2021 - 07:52 AM)

At least here in my home province of Ontario we have a conservative gov't who doesn't want to cuz $$$$, but the argument is that they'll end up paying in medical care anyways for those sick people so why not?

@  Shockwave 75 : (23 February 2021 - 07:51 AM)

We have paid sick leave here in Canada too, but it's not very much and not everyone has it. So we're trying to get the gov't to extend it, and give it to everyone.

@  Nevermore : (23 February 2021 - 02:23 AM)

The only reason people still go to work despite being sick is because they feel emotionally obliged to serve their employer.

@  Nevermore : (23 February 2021 - 02:20 AM)

Some people abuse the system by somehow getting sick with a different plague every five weeks.

@  Nevermore : (23 February 2021 - 02:20 AM)

Those six weeks are out of the employer's pocket by legal mandate. If you're still sick after those six weeks, the health insurance company takes over the payment.

@  Nevermore : (23 February 2021 - 02:19 AM)

That's the good thing in Germany - we have legally mandated paid sick days. Six weeks (!) for a single cause (consecutive or recurring, as long as it's the same cause; reinfections long after the fact don't count), Everytime the employee gets sick with a new cause, another six weeks start.

@  tigerhawk : (22 February 2021 - 04:48 PM)

That's how my family got sick, my brothers a teacher, he has a class for expelled students, they gave full attendance these past few lockdowns out of sheer boredom, they can turn in sick and break isolation and he nor the other staff, who also got sick, couldn't do anything about it.

@  TM2-Megatron : (22 February 2021 - 03:03 PM)

Yeah, pretty sure the only reason people don't stay home when they're sick is that the vast majority of society lives paycheque to paycheque, and they can't afford even one missed day of work.

@  -LittleAutob... : (22 February 2021 - 11:27 AM)

That's unfortunate... I know masks can be annoying, but I think not being able to breath comfortably for a while is better than actually having the virus and not being able to breath at all. bUt Oh, pEoPLe dOn'T bELiVe ThE dAmN vIrUs Is rEaL

@  wonko the sane? : (22 February 2021 - 08:28 AM)

Hahahaha! Oh, you're serious. Yeah, no one is going to do that. Far too many are in positions where they simply cannot afford the time off, and most of the rest are the kind who won't wear the mask in a global pandemic, never mind when they alone have the sniffles.

@  Shockwave 75 : (22 February 2021 - 08:20 AM)

I just hope a take-away from this will be for people to stay home when they're sick, and if they have to go out, wear a mask so as not to spread their illness.

@  TM2-Megatron : (21 February 2021 - 08:25 PM)

I think it's mostly the masking that's kept the flu season down so much, and that's unlikely to be kept up for that long. I'm sure there'll be some people who keep wearing masks for years after this, but I suspect a larger number are anticipating people able to toss them once vaccinations are complete.

@  wonko the sane? : (21 February 2021 - 05:27 PM)

Same in canada. Doctors report it to be basically non-existant. I kinda hope they keep some stuff up after everyone is vaccinated. Like hand sanitizer at store entrances, and actually cleaning the shopping carts.

@  tigerhawk : (21 February 2021 - 05:17 PM)

On the plus side cold and flu cases are down 80% this winter thanks to lockdowns, or at least that's the case in the UK.

@  Hg Dragon : (21 February 2021 - 04:37 PM)

This is quite possibly the most miserable i have ever felt.

@  Hg Dragon : (21 February 2021 - 04:37 PM)

i'll be nice and not bypass the cupcake monkey, but COVID can *bleep* itself in the *bleeping* *bleeper* with a *bleeping* cactus.

@  tigerhawk : (21 February 2021 - 02:39 AM)

He only appeared the once in the US comics and got one follow up in the UK comic. He never suffered badass decay like Omega Supreme and the combiners.

@  Rycochet : (19 February 2021 - 05:15 PM)

Trypticon's debut issues in the marvel comic were the absolute best 'To sell a toy' comics of the book.

@  tigerhawk : (19 February 2021 - 03:04 AM)

Then the audience goes "This was a stealth Transformers film wannit!"

@  tigerhawk : (19 February 2021 - 03:03 AM)

Godzilla vs Trypticon, co written by Christina Hobson and Max Borenstein.

@  Bass X0 : (19 February 2021 - 01:36 AM)

I now want G1 Grimlock to transform into Mecha Godzilla.

@  Steevy Maximus : (17 February 2021 - 04:23 PM)

I preferred Rush when Midway made it.

@  Bass X0 : (17 February 2021 - 03:13 PM)

The best Rush comes from Canada.

@  ▲ndrusi : (17 February 2021 - 02:54 PM)

In *other* wonderful and fantastic news, guess whose Kingdom Cheetor and Paleotrex FINALLY arrived today?

@  Bass X0 : (16 February 2021 - 03:07 PM)

yeah, its a good show. watch as much as you can.

@  tigerhawk : (16 February 2021 - 04:58 AM)

Goodnight Sweethearts turned out to be a gem, I only knew Nicholas Lyndhurst in Only Fools and Horses but never saw this show before.

@  Bass X0 : (15 February 2021 - 04:07 PM)

Then we got Ultra Magnus, Fortress Maximus, Dai Atlas, Megatron, Galvatron, Starscream, Thundercracker, Skywarp and Banzai-Tron in Alternity...

@  Sabrblade : (15 February 2021 - 12:04 PM)

Heh, that new Binaltech comic that Ichikawa wrote for one of the Japanese Generations books even had the other Dinobots make fun of Grimlock for his "Autobot Car" body.

@  wonko the sane? : (15 February 2021 - 12:03 PM)

They got that rescue bot grimlock that turns into a motorcycle. That's... pretty neat...

@  Otaku : (15 February 2021 - 11:35 AM)

Just to make Grimlock feel more "wrong", they even highlight how his character just seems ill-suited for a sports car alternate mode in his own backstory.  Hindsight is 20/20, so I now wish they'd made a T-rex that transformed into a sportscar.  Still probably would have been as much or more of a pain to transform, but at least it'd feel more like Grimlock. :D

@  Rycochet : (13 February 2021 - 04:39 PM)

Some Alternators were fine, then you have Grimlock/Wheeljack, with three transformers worth of fiddly and a giant buttflap.

Photo

What Stupid Thing Did the GOP Say Or Do Today -CHOKE TURTLE CHOKE!

GOP Stupid

7968 replies to this topic

#1 Ironbite

Ironbite

TIME JUDGED ALL!

• Supporter
  • 29717 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 21 April 2015 - 05:57 PM

I'm so sick and tired of making a billion topics about how stupid the GOP is so I've decided to bite the bullet and make one super topic.  Please keep this to GOP stupidity only as while the Dem's are also as stupid, they keep that jive away from cameras

In today's stupidity, Michele Bachmann has decided that Obama will be responsible for the upcoming Rapture

Michele Bachmann says the rapture is coming, thanks to President Barack Obama’s policies on Iran’s nuclear program and marriage equality.

In a radio interview last week, Bachmann, the former Minnesota Republican congresswoman, told "End Times" host Jan Markell, “We need to realize how close this clock is getting to the midnight hour.”

“We in our lifetimes potentially could see Jesus Christ returning to earth and the rapture of the church,” Bachmann said. “We see the destruction, but this was a destruction that was foretold.”

Bachmann cited the Obama administration’s nuclear negotiations with Iran as a cause. The U.S. and five partner nations are discussing a deal with Iran that would prevent the country from developing or obtaining nuclear weapons.

“We are literally watching, month by month, the speed move up to a level we’ve never seen before with these events," Bachmann said. "Barack Obama is intent. It is his number one goal to ensure that Iran has a nuclear weapon.”

Later in the interview, Bachmann again tied her rapture prediction to Obama’s foreign policy.

“If you look at the president’s rhetoric, and if you look at his actions, everything he has done has been to cut the legs out of Israel and lift up the agenda of radical Islam,” she said.

Obama has said repeatedly that the goal of the nuclear talks with Iran is to prevent the country from developing a nuclear weapon.

Bachmann also blamed abortion and gay marriage, arguing that God is punishing the United States for “embracing a pagan view.”

“Any nation that accepts God and his principles is blessed, and those who push away are cursed. That’s what we’re seeing happen to the United States,” she said. “We will suffer the consequences as a result.”

Some Christians believe those who are saved will be transported to heaven just before armageddon, which they call the rapture.

This is not the first time Bachmann has predicted extreme consequences from the Iran deal. Earlier this month, she claimed the deal would lead to "World War III." And in a Facebook post, she compared Obama to Andreas Lubitz, the pilot who crashed the Germanwings airliner into the French Alps in March.

And here I thought that when she compared Obama to Andreas Lubitz she couldn't get any lower.  Guess I was wrong.

Ironbite-so wrong.

Edited by Ironbite, 07 January 2021 - 01:32 PM.

xC9l3eY.gif

#2 Patch

Patch
  • Retired Staff
  • 36512 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 06:14 PM

What, is she trying to out-Santorum Santorum?

#3 Wheelimus

Wheelimus

And we're back to meh

• Administrator
  • 35299 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 07:31 PM

I'm disappointed this thread didn't follow the same naming structure as the DC Comics thread/website. "Has The Grand Old Party Done Something Stupid Today"'ish. #whatmighthavebeen. :thumbsup

Edited by Wheelimus, 21 April 2015 - 07:32 PM.

#4 Ironbite

Ironbite

TIME JUDGED ALL!

• Supporter
  • 29717 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 07:44 PM

And it's too bad you can't edit the title.

Ironbite-SUCH IS LIFE!

xC9l3eY.gif

#5 Wheelimus

Wheelimus

And we're back to meh

• Administrator
  • 35299 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 07:51 PM

wassssss onnnnccceeee aaaaaa maaaaaannnnnnn

#6 Ironbite

Ironbite

TIME JUDGED ALL!

• Supporter
  • 29717 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 05:36 PM

If I were making a topic about this, I know the perfect title.

WHY DO WE EVEN HAVE A JUDICIAL BRANCH!?

A Republican lawmaker is trying to keep federal courts from hearing same-sex marriage cases.

Less than a week before the Supreme Court plans to hear arguments in potentially one of the nation’s most influential cases on gay marriage, Rep. Steve King (R-Iowa) introduced the Restrain the Judges on Marriage Act of 2015 to preserve state bans.

“For too long, federal courts have overstepped their constitutionally limited duty to interpret the Constitution.” King said in a news release. “Rather, federal courts have perverted the Constitution to make law and create constitutional rights to things such as privacy, birth control, and abortion. These Unenumerated, so-called constitutionally-protected rights were not envisioned by our Founding Fathers.”

King’s bill strips way Article III of the Constitution, which gives federal courts the jurisdiction to hear or decide any question pertaining to the interpretation of, or the validity under the Constitution of, any type of marriage. The bill also prohibits federal funds from being used for any litigation in, or enforcement of any order or judgment by, any federal court.

King said his bill would stop the courts from “destroying traditional marriage.”

This isn't a bill...this an amendment and should be treated as such.  But I guess the current crop of dumbasses haven't even heard of the amendment process and will just put forth any old law they can because they think it'll pass both Constitutional muster and the President's desk.

Look we get it.  Someone paid you a hell of a lot of money to put this bill into circulation.  We get it.  But you've lost on this issue.  Move on to the next.

Ironbite-you know transgender rights which you'll lose on as well.

xC9l3eY.gif

#7 Patch

Patch
  • Retired Staff
  • 36512 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 06:05 PM

Holy cow.  This is proof positive of just how desperate these people are.  They're literally going to try every trick in the book to stop the inevitable. 

"Oh, you Republicans do love futility, don't you? Well, fortunately, this time your foolishness will destroy you and your party. The Marriage Equality Wars are over, GOP. You lose."

Edited by Patchouli Knowledge, 23 April 2015 - 06:06 PM.

#8 Wheelimus

Wheelimus

And we're back to meh

• Administrator
  • 35299 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 06:37 PM

President Obama has refused to dignify this bill with a response, instead giving it a simple "suck it" crotch chop.

#9 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

Oh dear lord I am bored...

• Citizen
  • 44466 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 23 April 2015 - 07:13 PM

President Obama has refused to dignify this bill with a response, instead giving it a simple "suck it" crotch chop.

Wow... guess seeing the door has really changed his demeanour. :D

Per Nick Nemesis's Suggestion: I hate everything.

#10 Wheelimus

Wheelimus

And we're back to meh

• Administrator
  • 35299 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 07:49 PM

By this point I assume and hope that he's The Rock Obama 100% of the time.

#11 MrBlud

MrBlud

Goes down smooth...

• Retired Staff
  • 52841 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 08:47 PM

“For too long, federal courts have overstepped their constitutionally limited duty to interpret the Constitution.” King said in a news release. “Rather, federal courts have perverted the Constitution to make law and create constitutional rights to things such as privacy, birth control, and abortion. These Unenumerated, so-called constitutionally-protected rights were not envisioned by our Founding Fathers.”

Really? I'm pretty sure the Founding Fathers were aware of (and big on) the concept of privacy.

They did write the Fourth Amendment to the Bill of Rights after all.

card-strongarm.jpg

#12 The Doctor Who

The Doctor Who

Properly Cross

• Supporter
  • 19033 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 09:16 PM

How dare the federal government do what the federal government is meant to do.

Edit: And how dare the edit button let me edit this post.

Edited by The Doctor Who, 23 April 2015 - 09:16 PM.

nzo8WYb.png

#13 Autobot Bubbs

Autobot Bubbs

Professional procrastinator

• Citizen
  • 5533 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 24 April 2015 - 12:01 AM

But wait.... I thought right-wingers eagerly awaited, and where even trying to kick off in some instances, the Rapture?  Y'know... being their such 'good christians' their all going up to heaven and such.

spoilers are a stabbing weight upon my soul.... crushing it into a dark existential nothingness

#14 Pennpenn

Pennpenn
  • Citizen
  • 12182 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 24 April 2015 - 05:52 AM

Holy cow.  This is proof positive of just how desperate these people are.  They're literally going to try every trick in the book to stop the inevitable. 

"Oh, you Republicans do love futility, don't you? Well, fortunately, this time your foolishness will destroy you and your party. The Marriage Equality Wars are over, GOP. You lose."

I'm not entirely sure why, but in my head that quote was done in Beast Wars Megatron's voice.

Also the GOP continue to be stupid.

#15 2019

• Citizen
  • 42884 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 06:06 AM

I'm not entirely sure why, but in my head that quote was done in Beast Wars Megatron's voice.

Isn't that because it's a Beast Wars Megatron quote, paraphrased?

At least I thought it was, now I'm not so sure.

if you can see this, i apologize for the above tweet, i was young and stupid and had nothing of value to say. please support lgbtq rights and listen to women's voices. that's all that really matters now. the right is evil, and should be opposed. thanks.

#16 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

Oh dear lord I am bored...

• Citizen
  • 44466 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 06:39 AM

Pretty sure it is.

Per Nick Nemesis's Suggestion: I hate everything.

#17 Wheelimus

Wheelimus

And we're back to meh

• Administrator
  • 35299 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 07:44 AM

But wait.... I thought right-wingers eagerly awaited, and where even trying to kick off in some instances, the Rapture?  Y'know... being their such 'good christians' their all going up to heaven and such.

The right wing Biblical Sharia Law demographic is like 99% coward. And since a lot of them believe some stupid shit about rapture that isn't even in their book the last thing they really want is for it to happen now. Oh sure, they'll say that they're so sure it's right around the corner but truly they hope to be either dead or too old to care if it happens. These are not holy warriors ready to battle demons. They'd probably be too scared to even high five said warriors at the big We Killed Satan afterparty.

What they really want though is to continue to live in unearned comfort taken from the downtrodden until they're dead and gone and to leave that whole end of the world shit to their descendents.

#18 Copper Bezel

Copper Bezel

Thighs should be seductive.

• Supporter
  • 52562 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 24 April 2015 - 08:01 AM

Pretty sure it is.

Yeah, I knew the last part was, but wasn't sure about the first, so I was confuzzled as well.

Really? I'm pretty sure the Founding Fathers were aware of (and big on) the concept of privacy.

They did write the Fourth Amendment to the Bill of Rights after all.

There's some bizarre little aside in a footnote somewhere where someone from the period asked a philosophical question about whether it would be the government's right to slip into someone's study bureau drawer and read a piece of paper if it could be done, magically, without entering the home. The argument was that this would, indeed, be an invasion. Does anyone remember that, and where it might have came from? I mean, it's literally true that the founding fathers were concerned about privacy in the modern sense, and there's documentary evidence of the fact, but I don't remember where I ran into that and it might be useful to drag out in these kinds of situations in the future.

Shouldn't gravity be doing something?

Of course there's a figure of Rodimus as some kind of animal girl. Why would I be surprised by this?

#19 Tm_Silverclaw

Tm_Silverclaw
  • Citizen
  • 11336 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 24 April 2015 - 09:52 AM

I'm pretty sure we actually don't have any constitutionally stated rights to privacy... Just a weird mish-mash of admendments that people reading as we do.

#20 MrBlud

MrBlud

Goes down smooth...

• Retired Staff
  • 52841 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 10:51 AM

If we're going down *that* road we don't have separation of church and state either.

card-strongarm.jpg

5 user(s) are reading this topic

4 members, 0 guests, 1 anonymous users