Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  RichardT1977 : (17 November 2019 - 08:26 PM)

It's a good deal if you want a full set of Refraktor (and if they have them at your location)

@  TheMightyMol... : (17 November 2019 - 04:43 PM)

Here we can buy two and get one free, but at least two of them are gonna be the same toy, because lol distribution.

@  Bass X0 : (17 November 2019 - 01:01 PM)

In the U.K., it’s more like you but two, you only get one given how expensive they are.

@  RichardT1977 : (17 November 2019 - 11:38 AM)

Transformers are Buy 2 Get 1 free at Target this week.

@  Bass X0 : (17 November 2019 - 04:29 AM)

2019 has been one long South Park episode.

@  Sjogre : (16 November 2019 - 10:46 PM)

Okay, that actually sounds pretty fun.

@  Maximus Ambus : (15 November 2019 - 12:49 PM)

It was set in the forties, featured Nazi's as the villains and had Kiko fight mostly Ice Age animals and a mythical dragon that now ruled the island guarding Kongs treasure.

@  Paladin : (15 November 2019 - 11:37 AM)

and it was ALSO eleven hours long.

@  Maximus Ambus : (15 November 2019 - 10:55 AM)

In a alternate reality Peter Jackson made Son of Kong.

@  wonko the sane? : (15 November 2019 - 09:30 AM)

To be fair to boba: everyone else to go into the sarlacc was a sacrifice. Stripped almost naked and tossed, and didn't have body armor, a jetpack and a weapon.

@  TheMightyMol... : (15 November 2019 - 06:54 AM)

Nah, he just has to keep up his plot insurance payments so he can shoot his way out of the Sarlacc again.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (15 November 2019 - 02:59 AM)

Funny, but everyone knows he bounty hunts for Jabba Hutt to finance his 'Vette.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (15 November 2019 - 02:54 AM)

Okay.. Not sure why.. but streaming is harder than jsut playing the game.. even though that's pretty much what I was doing.

@  Xellos : (14 November 2019 - 06:47 PM)

What type of vehicle does Boba Fett use for time travel? A Man-DeLorean.

@  TM2-Megatron : (14 November 2019 - 03:55 PM)

Admittedly, it's been a long time since I've been to a walk-in clinic, as I tend not to get sick (and the one time I do every 4-5 years, I prefer just riding it out at home), but the last time I went I'm pretty sure you could just show up, no appointment. It may be different in Quebec,though

@  Nevermore : (14 November 2019 - 02:36 PM)

One thing to note about health insurance in Germany is that we have a two-class system: mandatory health insurance is basically the economy class, while private health insurance is the business class.

@  Nevermore : (14 November 2019 - 02:32 PM)

My local doctor is actually a shared office with several doctors where you will get randomly assigned to one of the doctors available that day.

@  Nevermore : (14 November 2019 - 02:30 PM)

Also, employers are required by law to cover part of their employees' health insurance fees, so I only have to pay my part.

@  Nevermore : (14 November 2019 - 02:28 PM)

Basic examinations and sick notes (known as "work-inability certificates" in Germany) for the employer are covered by our health insurances by default.

@  TheMightyMol... : (14 November 2019 - 12:02 PM)

Around here, we can go to a walk-in clinic whenever, but might have to wait in the queue until there's a doctor available, which can take hours on a busy day. And then hope our insurance will cover anything.

@  wonko the sane? : (14 November 2019 - 07:38 AM)

There actually are a good number of clinics around here: but the walk ins require an appointment (what?) and are only done once a week. IF you can get an appointment, you see a doctor usually within 40 minutes, but good luck getting the appointment.

@  Nevermore : (14 November 2019 - 03:35 AM)

Depending on the day.

@  Nevermore : (14 November 2019 - 03:35 AM)

We have family doctors (called "house doctors") with regular office hours where you may need an hour or two of waiting time.

@  TM2-Megatron : (14 November 2019 - 12:50 AM)

Two weeks? That seems a little long; are there not a lot of walk-in clinics around you?

@  wonko the sane? : (13 November 2019 - 07:01 PM)

Does germany make it quick and easy to see a doctor too? Cause an emergency doctor visit can take two weeks out here, and an emergency ROOM visit can take 18-24 hours.

@  Nevermore : (13 November 2019 - 06:43 PM)

(Good thing is, under German law, if you call in sick during your vacation and see a doctor immediately, you get to keep your vacation days.)

@  Nevermore : (13 November 2019 - 06:42 PM)

Too bad. My plans wee to do two more overtime hours before having my last day of vacation for the year on Friday. Oh well.

@  Nevermore : (13 November 2019 - 06:41 PM)

So I'm currently on medical leave for a particularly stupid reason: Burned my back with a hot-water bag while sleeping last night. Though the doctor said I'm hardly the first person to have this happen to them.

@  Patch : (13 November 2019 - 06:11 PM)

Just a particularly odious example of the 90s era of depicting transgender women as either the subject of crude humor, or "Jerry Springer" material.

@  Ashley : (13 November 2019 - 04:55 PM)

I think Ace Ventura legit contributed to me spending years in self denial. I will never be ok with Jim Carrey.

@  Benbot : (13 November 2019 - 01:22 PM)

I thought he since changed his tune.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (13 November 2019 - 12:51 PM)

Jim Carry Paladin?

@  Maximus Ambus : (13 November 2019 - 12:22 PM)

Don't doubt what he can do. Sonic the Hedgehog!

@  Paladin : (13 November 2019 - 11:51 AM)

not giving a dime to a transphobic antivaxxer.

@  wonko the sane? : (13 November 2019 - 11:25 AM)

It'll be a terrible movie if jim carrey phones it in. Otherwise it should be decent.

@  Paladin : (13 November 2019 - 10:45 AM)

sonics' still gonna be a terrible movie but at least they whined loud enough to make him look passable for a 2-minute trailer. "yay."

@  ▲ndrusi : (13 November 2019 - 10:37 AM)

But of course to annoying people there's no such thing as different decisions made for different reasons, there is only "I like it so it's right" and "I don't like it so it's wrong."

@  ▲ndrusi : (13 November 2019 - 10:35 AM)

Even if we pretend it's objective truth that they were both bad, then they were bad in very different ways.

@  ▲ndrusi : (13 November 2019 - 10:33 AM)

Sonic's previous movie design looked genuinely bad. The Transformers '07 designs just looked insufficiently like what certain loud and obnoxious parts of the fandom think Transformers are required to always look like.

@  Otaku : (13 November 2019 - 08:50 AM)

Um... Purple Monkey Dishwasher?

@  TheMightyMol... : (13 November 2019 - 08:25 AM)

Do we really need to have Every Movie Transformer Thread Ever in the Squawkbox?

@  Bass X0 : (13 November 2019 - 08:13 AM)

Sure it made money but that doesn’t mean it has appealing character designs. Lot of god awful fugly faces in the Transformers movies.

@  Otaku : (12 November 2019 - 08:25 PM)

@Liege My issue with Transformers (2007) were elements I thought were unnecessary.  I know it was supposed to just be a joke, but I didn't ever need to hear about "Sam's Happy Time". >.> Which, being in awe of the first "live action" TF-film, didn't even register until I'd already purchased and watched it on DVD a few times (after seeing it in theaters 3 times).

@  Liege : (12 November 2019 - 08:22 PM)

For all the Bayisms in the 07 movie, it was tempered by Spielberg as producer. Designs aside it was an enjoyable popcorn blockbuster about a boy and his first car who happens to be an alien from another planet. They sequels are just Bay going unchecked after he proved how much bank he could bring in.

@  TM2-Megatron : (12 November 2019 - 07:12 PM)

I didn't find the designs in the '07 movie to be that bad, personally. What got really offputting was how Cybertronians in general become such huge a-holes in the later films; the designs were very much secondary to their horrible personalities

@  Sabrblade : (12 November 2019 - 06:59 PM)

And yet, Transformers still broke the bank at the box office, opened up the brand to a whole new generation of fans, shot the brand up to mainstream appeal, and enabled all kinds of new collector-oriented lines and other avenues to come about. Not saying Sonic's movie will do the same for his series, but the 2007 TF movie certainly did more good than harm.

@  Bass X0 : (12 November 2019 - 06:09 PM)

Paramount changed Sonic due to fan backlash but refused to redo Transformers 2007 with new cgi appearances based on their classic forms everyone’s knows and loves, and can relate to. Trailer 1 Sonic is as appealing a design as 2007 Bumblebee...

@  TheMightyMol... : (12 November 2019 - 02:14 PM)

I don't. They're a pain in the ass to repair.

@  Benbot : (12 November 2019 - 12:48 PM)

I wish car companies would bring back flip up headlights

@  TheMightyMol... : (12 November 2019 - 09:07 AM)

Wear a hazmat suit. It's Walmart, they're used to weird.

Photo

Elite Guard Eight: Predaking (2) vs Bruticus (3)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

Poll: Elite Guard Eight: Predaking (2) vs Bruticus (3) (52 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win this match?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Shattered

Shattered
  • Retired Staff
  • 6958 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 06:50 PM

Poll goes live March 24 at 12:01am. Voting closes March 26 11:59 EST.

image103.jpg
image130.jpg
image222.jpg

image226.jpg

#2 unluckiness

unluckiness

curry on rice

• Citizen
  • 19728 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 05:59 AM

Lion head chest>all

xOyvpt9.png

#3 Shattered

Shattered
  • Retired Staff
  • 6958 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 02:29 PM

Kind of bummed to see Predaking out to such a, seemingly, the insurmountable lead early.

Much less fun.

#4 Shadewing

Shadewing

Artichoke of Misery

• Supporter
  • 36476 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 02:37 PM

Kind of bummed to see Predaking out to such a, seemingly, the insurmountable lead early.

Much less fun.

Its Predaking, there was never going to be any real competition for him till Devastator. ...if that...

3DS Friend Code: 0387-9040-3532

Twitch Channel

Youtube Replays

VOTE for what I play on 8/30!

Friday: Sonic Generations - Sunday: Transformers WFC - Tuesday: Little Inferno

#5 Devcon

Devcon

'Sup?

• Retired Staff
  • 11868 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 03:59 PM

Woo! GO Pred!!!
From the Page of Cage!

#6 Zamuel

Zamuel

Dream Valley Survivor

• Supporter
  • 17914 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 04:00 PM

I don't really get the appeal of Predaking. I don't hate him and I think he's better than the monster themed combiners but I don't see where the popularity comes from.
Spoiler

#7 Devcon

Devcon

'Sup?

• Retired Staff
  • 11868 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 04:03 PM

Personally it's the way they work together in one color scheme. It's Black/Orange/Yellow for the whole team and not "OK this limb is yellow the other is red the other is blue etc etc etc". While is a beast combiner, that makes him different than a Megazord in that regard. (Same reason I like Devastator )
From the Page of Cage!

#8 Shadewing

Shadewing

Artichoke of Misery

• Supporter
  • 36476 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 04:07 PM

Personally it's the way they work together in one color scheme. It's Black/Orange/Yellow for the whole team and not "OK this limb is yellow the other is red the other is blue etc etc etc". While is a beast combiner, that makes him different than a Megazord in that regard. (Same reason I like Devastator )

Size is also likely a factor. Each of these guys were 'large deluxe' territory using today's size scale, and combined together made them bigger then any other combiner in the line, and one of the bigger guys period. Its probably why Sky-Lynx tends to be his rival, being the other 'big guy' at the time.

3DS Friend Code: 0387-9040-3532

Twitch Channel

Youtube Replays

VOTE for what I play on 8/30!

Friday: Sonic Generations - Sunday: Transformers WFC - Tuesday: Little Inferno

#9 ChessPieceFace

ChessPieceFace

I have approximate knowledge of many things

• Retired Staff
  • 23069 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 06:32 PM

Computron solves that problem just as well, but his individual components also manage to look cool. Scattershot is by far the best of the "futuristic" G1 toys, and I've always loved Strafe and Afterburner too. The Predacons all look silly in both modes.

#10 Magnusblitz

Magnusblitz
  • Citizen
  • 4069 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 08:35 PM

Size is also likely a factor. Each of these guys were 'large deluxe' territory using today's size scale, and combined together made them bigger then any other combiner in the line, and one of the bigger guys period. Its probably why Sky-Lynx tends to be his rival, being the other 'big guy' at the time.

I think you're right. I grew up on G2, and so never saw a Predaking in person until much later, and I was surprised to see how big the individual components were compared to the Constructicons and Scramble City guys. I think that made an impact on everyone who thought he was awesome.

#11 unluckiness

unluckiness

curry on rice

• Citizen
  • 19728 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 08:36 PM

Also, Predaking's not a giant nerd.

xOyvpt9.png

#12 Fenix Twilight

Fenix Twilight
  • Citizen
  • 5242 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 10:54 PM

I just finished rewatching G1 on The Hub Discovery Family and I really enjoyed the Combaticons origin episode and it's sequel, as opposed to the Predacons just showing up in season 3 and getting beat by Sky Lynx.

It feels weird for me to be rooting against the beast team, but then I never owned the toys.