Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Nevermore : (13 June 2021 - 06:04 AM)

It's all about that Bass XD.

@  tigerhawk : (13 June 2021 - 02:16 AM)

Will altering the moons orbit in any way help.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (13 June 2021 - 01:51 AM)

Now that you have seen this Bass XO, you must send it to five other Bass XOs or BassXO will come to you in a week and then you too will be BassXO.

@  Telly : (13 June 2021 - 12:08 AM)

or feed him after midnight

@  wonko the sane? : (12 June 2021 - 09:00 PM)

Just don't drop him.

@  Kaon : (12 June 2021 - 08:03 PM)

man this chat is nothing but Bass X)

@  Nevermore : (12 June 2021 - 07:08 PM)

Carefull, he is a Bass Xo.

@  TheMightyMol... : (12 June 2021 - 05:53 PM)

Aw, it's not even a shiny.

@  Sabrblade : (12 June 2021 - 05:27 PM)

A wild Bass X0 has appeared!

@  Bass X0 : (12 June 2021 - 05:20 PM)

I didn't even try this time.

@  Nevermore : (12 June 2021 - 03:43 AM)

8ass X÷ has hijacked this conversation.

@  Bass X0 : (12 June 2021 - 03:37 AM)

Its Bass X0. I named myself after my three favourite Mega Man characters - Bass, X and Zero. I did consider going with Vile Bass X0, but that would have been going too far.

@  repowers : (11 June 2021 - 11:29 PM)

Bass XO has been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.

@  Echowarrior : (11 June 2021 - 09:25 PM)

Do not taunt Bass XO.

@  wonko the sane? : (11 June 2021 - 09:02 PM)

Please consult a technician before using Bass XO. Do not operate Bass XO while consuming alcohol.

@  TheMightyMol... : (11 June 2021 - 04:48 PM)

Nine out of ten doctors recommend Bass XO. The last doctor is on my list.

@  Dekafox : (11 June 2021 - 01:51 PM)

Bass XO is available at these fine retailers.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (11 June 2021 - 02:01 AM)

Bass XO is not to be confused with Bay Sexo.

@  Fenix Twilight : (10 June 2021 - 08:38 PM)

It's good to be back, after that outage I think I'll try to post more.

@  Steevy Maximus : (10 June 2021 - 12:16 PM)

I think Hasbro Pulse is broken. Dang Star Wars nerds!

@  tigerhawk : (10 June 2021 - 04:46 AM)

When I googled 'space bridge' I was disappointed. Maybe in a hundred years.

@  ▲ndrusi : (09 June 2021 - 04:05 PM)

Bass XO is backward compatible with the Sega Master System.

@  Donocropolis : (09 June 2021 - 05:37 AM)

Bass XO has 9" long, dagger-like teeth and a 12,000 lb. bite force

@  repowers : (08 June 2021 - 07:26 PM)

Bass XO doesn't feel pain. He can't be reasoned with!

@  TheMightyMol... : (08 June 2021 - 02:57 PM)

Bass XO has no known weaknesses.

@  Nevermore : (08 June 2021 - 06:15 AM)

Base XO is definitely unstoppable.

@  Donocropolis : (07 June 2021 - 04:30 PM)

What about magnets? No one knows how they work or what they can do.

@  Bass X0 : (07 June 2021 - 02:22 PM)

Yes Cybershark, and now no force in the universe can stop us.

@  Cybersnark : (07 June 2021 - 10:03 AM)

Aaaan we're back!

@  Telly : (06 June 2021 - 09:07 PM)

its alive! AAAALIIIIIIVEEEEEE! *maniacal laugh*

@  repowers : (06 June 2021 - 02:18 PM)

WHAT!!! ALLSPARK!!! you IN LIVE!!!!!!

@  Donocropolis : (06 June 2021 - 01:53 PM)

Indeed. I was missing it.

@  Shockwave 75 : (06 June 2021 - 11:35 AM)

So glad the boards are back!

@  Echowarrior : (06 June 2021 - 07:45 AM)

It's alive! Alive!

@  wonko the sane? : (05 June 2021 - 08:32 PM)

Aw man, I missed this place...

@  Sabrblade : (05 June 2021 - 08:31 PM)

Now here in Manhattan, the spell is broken! And we live again!

@  PlutoniumBoss : (05 June 2021 - 08:16 PM)

Groovy.

@  Kaon : (05 June 2021 - 07:23 PM)

How is everyone

@  Kaon : (05 June 2021 - 06:42 PM)

test

@  tigerhawk : (24 May 2021 - 07:42 AM)

I'm making progress with tweezers. It's no great loss given Dai Atlas minor roles anyway, I really do prefer this mold for Titans Overlord and Sky Shadow,

@  unluckiness : (22 May 2021 - 09:57 PM)

Had that happen once. Drilled a 1 mmhole in the peg and superglued a rivet into it for something to pull on.

@  tigerhawk : (22 May 2021 - 09:44 PM)

pliers, superglue, heat, nothing has worked so far but I had to take yesterday off due to pfizer side effects.

@  unluckiness : (22 May 2021 - 07:04 AM)

is there enough plastic sticking out to yank it out with pliers?

@  tigerhawk : (21 May 2021 - 01:05 PM)

Oh great my Legends Dai Atlas fell and the gun snapped in two, the handle is stuck in the port on top of the vehicle mode.

@  Nevermore : (21 May 2021 - 04:14 AM)

Also, our compound terms are legendary among foreigners, because we throw them together as a single word, with no spaces and usually without hyphens too.

@  Nevermore : (21 May 2021 - 04:12 AM)

You can have straightforward sentences that are a literal word-replace translation of stuff like "I go to school", but once you throw in perfect tense and prepositions, you end up with insane constructions where the main verb is at the very end of a very long sentence, so you have to listen to the whole sentence until you have any clue what is going on.

@  Nevermore : (21 May 2021 - 04:10 AM)

And I stand by that. German sentence structure can be utterly insane.

@  Nevermore : (21 May 2021 - 04:10 AM)

Fun fact: When I was teaching German kids English, I kept telling them that English grammar and especially sentence structure is more logical than German.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (21 May 2021 - 01:17 AM)

e.g. Lion-Eating Poet in the Stone Den was by a Chinese guy pointing out the weirdness in his own language, rather than the frustrations of somebody learning Chinese as their second. So English isn't the only case where native speakers might enocunter funky issues.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (21 May 2021 - 01:17 AM)

Then I shall concede, and retire.

Photo
- - - - -

Combiner Wars Deluxe wave 1 re-releases with pack-in comics; Current status: Dragstrip released, rest possibly canceled

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
19 replies to this topic

#1 Nevermore

Nevermore

Unionized and proud of it.

• Supporter
  • 13995 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 06:21 PM

Hasbro originally intended to release the wave 1 Combiner Wars Deluxe lass figures with comic books in the US, like they later did with the wave 2 and 3 figures. However, due to scheduling issues, the comic books were not ready so Hasbro went ahead and released the comic-less international versions in the US instead.

In March 2015, Entertainment Earth put up individual listings for all four wave 1 Combiner Wars Deluxe Class figures, scheduled as "coming in June", with images depicting them in English-only packaging including comic books.
HSB1174lg.jpg HSB1175lg.jpg HSB1176lg.jpg HSB1177lg.jpg

However, all four figures were eventually listed as "in stock" long before June, while the images have been changed and now depict the comic-less versions in packaging:
Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Firefly - Hasbro - Transformers - Transformers at Entertainment Earth
Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Skydive - Hasbro - Transformers - Transformers at Entertainment Earth
Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Alpha Bravo - Hasbro - Transformers - Transformers at Entertainment Earth
Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Decepticon Dragstrip - Hasbro - Transformers - Transformers at Entertainment Earth
HSB1174lg.jpg HSB1175lg.jpg HSB1176lg.jpg HSB1177lg.jpg

I have since been informed that Entertainment Earth was simply solicited solid cases of the wave 1 figures and their graphics department simply used the first stock photos for them they could find, so there was never an explicit "comic book version" solicitation.

There were also larger versions of the images depicting comic pack Firefly and Dragstrip at Distribuidora de Brinquedos Hobby, but the listing has been changed and now only depicts the wave 2 figures Air Raid, Breakdown, Dead End and Offroad:
Figura Transformers Generations Deluxe Sortido
B1174.jpg B1177.jpg

UK retailer The Entertainer is currently listing the wave 1 figures and depicts the comic book versions in packaging, but quite honestly I sincerely doubt that this is indicative of anything.
Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Firefly | Transformers Combiner Wars | Transformers Generations | Transformers | Search by brand | TheToyshop Store
Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Skydive | Transformers Combiner Wars | Transformers Generations | Transformers | Search by brand | TheToyshop Store
Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Alpha Bravo | Transformers Combiner Wars | Transformers Generations | Transformers | Search by brand | TheToyshop Store
Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Decepticon Dragstrip | Transformers Combiner Wars | Transformers Generations | Transformers | Search by brand | TheToyshop Store
521517_B1174.jpg 521517_B1175.jpg 521517_B1176.jpg 521517_B1177.jpg

Target is also using the comic book versions of the in-package photos to illustrate their listings of the wave 1 figures. Again, this might very well mean nothing:
Transformers Deluxe Firefly : Target
Transformers Deluxe Skydive : Target
Transformers Deluxe Alpha Bravo : Target
Transformers Deluxe Decepticon Dragstrip : Target
21512942_Alt01.jpg 21512941_Alt01.jpg 21512940_Alt01.jpg 21512939_Alt01.jpg

ToyWiz had a separate listing for the comic book version of Dragstrip (and Dragstrip only), which was at one point scheduled for a May 2015 release, but is now no longer available, and I have no idea if the figure ever got stocked. It's also possible the figure was already in stock before, and this was simply a re-order.
transformers_combiner_wars_legend_class_

Dragstrip is the only wave 1 figure to date to have been confirmed released at US retail with a pack-in comic book; specifically, a reprint of Robots in Disguise #12. Thus far the figure has been sighted at Walmart and Toys"R"Us stores in multiple states.

Original receipt photo plus scan of the bio on the back of the comic courtesy of TFW2005 member T-Hybrid:
Combiner Wars Dragstrip re-release with comic out? - TFW2005 - The 2005 Boards
20150406_083447.jpg 20150406_081951.jpg 20150406_082000.jpg 20150406_110829.jpg

The comic book version of Dragstrip is part of a revision wave (officially "wave 2 revision 1") that replaces one of the two Air Raids that were included in a wave 2 case with Drag Strip, which is listed at Entertainment Earth, Big Bad Toy Store and BBCW Distributors.
Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Wave 2 Rev. 1 - Hasbro - Transformers - Transformers at Entertainment Earth
Generations Deluxe Combiner Wars 2015 Series 02 Revision 01 - Case of 8 - Transformers Combiner Wars Deluxe
BBCW Distributors :: Transformers Generations Figures - Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Figure Assortment - 0003

That leaves Firefly, Skydive and Alpha Bravo, who are apparently in limbo at this point.

Edited by Nevermore, 09 August 2015 - 05:06 PM.

aR2oX8u.jpg
Big thanks to my dad for playing along with this visual recreation.

#2 Dvandom

Dvandom

Purveyor of Ponies. And Physics.

• Supporter
  • 17604 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 09:52 PM

Any clue which issues they'll be?  At this point, odds are I have 'em (or will, if they're Combiner Wars stories), but I'm curious.

---Dave

DAVE'S WEBPAGES
-- www.eyrie.org/~dvandom/BW --
NEWS, REVIEWS and SIGHTINGS
-- www.dvandom.com --
ARTWORK and IMAGES

Pssst...if you
can't see my images,
try my deviantArt!

#3 Jalaguy

Jalaguy

won't hold Six Shot upside-down.

• Citizen
  • 9629 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 02:17 AM

It'll be RID #8-9 and #11-12 - I checked with John Barber on Twitter.

#4 Cabooceratops

Cabooceratops

Former Staff~

• Retired Staff
  • 23162 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 02:19 AM

I can't wait to see the bios!

<p>Like my art? I do commissions!! -> <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='https://www.allspark...3622784</a></p>

#5 BlackMax

BlackMax

Turbonerd

• Citizen
  • 3022 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 03:50 AM

Well that's pretty cool - I suppose I ~might~ be recklessly insane enough to go "yeah, comics totally make it worth having two each of the new combiner dudes."

"Nobody is hugging me into feeling like church." -Destron

#6 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 18607 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 04:54 AM

I don't care which version of wave 1 I own, as long as I get to read the back of comic bios online.

-ZacWilliam, yay Internet.
Ever wonder about the speed of Turbofoxes?
Or the proverbial ailerons of Titanium Moosebots?

*Visit the one and only Cybertronic Bestiary.
For a mechazoologic tour of the mechanimals of Cybertron.

#7 Agent X

Agent X

These Ponies are holding on my heart like a handgrenade.

• Citizen
  • 2600 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 06:57 AM

But what about those awsome looking, yet completly pointless, cards?
"Some people collect other characters like Jazz or Hot Shot and its encouraged, but I stockpile Cybertron Crosswises and that makes ME the strange one."

#8 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 18607 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 07:12 AM

Oh the cards actively annoy me, because they're so half-assed.

They aren't made of trading card material or with trading card "style". They're pieces of regular packaging cardboard with a mat picture printed on one side.

ZacWilliam, if they were glossier and/or on actual trading card stock I'd be a lot happier with them. If they had Marvel Trading Card (remember those?) like profiles on the back I'd love them. As is they're kinda junk.

Edited by ZacWilliam1, 10 March 2015 - 07:13 AM.

Ever wonder about the speed of Turbofoxes?
Or the proverbial ailerons of Titanium Moosebots?

*Visit the one and only Cybertronic Bestiary.
For a mechazoologic tour of the mechanimals of Cybertron.

#9 GodSentinelOmega

GodSentinelOmega

The Ballistic Knight Rises!

• Staff
  • 15281 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 07:46 AM

If they were full on cards like the Henkei style i'd like them more. As is, they're just a piece if card with a random piece of character art (that is sometimes for a completely different version of the character) on them.

CW Hot Spot card art is the Legends game art for GDO Hot Spot.

fslookup.jpg

#10 Nevermore

Nevermore

• Supporter
  • 13995 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 01:43 AM

The Entertainment Earth listings for the single order versions of the wave 1 Deluxes now have their photos changed to depict the comic-less versions in packaging. Huh.

Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Firefly - Hasbro - Transformers - Transformers at Entertainment Earth
Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Skydive - Hasbro - Transformers - Transformers at Entertainment Earth
Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Alpha Bravo - Hasbro - Transformers - Transformers at Entertainment Earth
Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Dragstrip - Hasbro - Transformers - Transformers at Entertainment Earth

Firefly and Alpha Bravo also "in stock" despite previously listed as "coming in June 2015" (Skydive and Dragstrip are still "coming in June 2015"), so did EE pull a bait and switch? Seemingly offer the comic versions, then open a case of regular wave 1 figures and offer them instead?

Edited by Nevermore, 12 April 2015 - 06:17 AM.

aR2oX8u.jpg

#11 Nevermore

Nevermore

• Supporter
  • 13995 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 05:35 AM

Meanwhile, I totally forgot to import these news from the temp forum: Dragstrip with comic is already out.

See the first post for details.

Edited by Nevermore, 12 April 2015 - 06:08 AM.

aR2oX8u.jpg

#12 Nevermore

Nevermore

• Supporter
  • 13995 posts

Posted 24 May 2015 - 04:27 AM

So there's a huge question mark over the comic book versions of Combiner Wars Firefly, Skydive and Alpha Bravo right now.

Entertainment Earth originally listed them for a June release but later changed the images to the comic-less versions. I have since been told that Entertainment Earth was simply solicited solid cases of the wave 1 guys and their graphics department simply used the first stock photos for them they could find, so there was never an explicit "comic book version" solicitation.

Right now, the comic book versions are depicted at the Entertainer's website, but I'm reaaaaaally doubtful that this is indicative of anything.

Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Firefly | Transformers Combiner Wars | Transformers Generations | Transformers | Search by brand | TheToyshop Store
Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Skydive | Transformers Combiner Wars | Transformers Generations | Transformers | Search by brand | TheToyshop Store
Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Alpha Bravo | Transformers Combiner Wars | Transformers Generations | Transformers | Search by brand | TheToyshop Store

At this point, all we know is this:

1) Hasbro did originally intend to release the wave 1 figures with comic books in the US, like they later did with the wave 2 and 3 figures.
2) Due to scheduling issues, the comic books were not ready so Hasbro went ahead and released the comic-less international versions in the US.
3) Hasbro has stock photos of the comic book versions of the wave 1 figures in their image library.
4) The comic book version of Dragstrip was eventually released at US retail.

The comic book versions of Firefly, Skydive and Alpha Bravo are currently in limbo, it would appear.

Edited by Nevermore, 24 May 2015 - 04:28 AM.

aR2oX8u.jpg

#13 Nevermore

Nevermore

• Supporter
  • 13995 posts

Posted 24 May 2015 - 06:11 AM

Someone over at TFW2005 claims he saw the comic book versions of the wave 1 figures at TRU in Arkansas, but it remains to be seen if he saw all of them or only Dragstrip and drew the wrong conclusions from there.

http://www.tfw2005.c...ml#post12570279
aR2oX8u.jpg

#14 SteamPunk Astrotrain

SteamPunk Astrotrain
  • Citizen
  • 1217 posts

Posted 24 May 2015 - 02:17 PM

Going from what I've seen so far. Comic Dragstrip is only sold in a revision of Wave 2.

That leads me to guess that Comic Skydive will be released alongside the Protectobots,

and Alpha Bravo with  the 84' Autobots respectively. Leaving poor  Firefly until the first

wave of Combiner Wars '16.

CW "We could always force him to watch that security footage of Waspinator trying to play an accordion.
DH "Are you kidding? Waspinator couldn't play a kazoo without fragging himself!"

#15 Jalaguy

Jalaguy

won't hold Six Shot upside-down.

• Citizen
  • 9629 posts

Posted 24 May 2015 - 02:34 PM

Dragstrip was in that wave 2 revision in order to get all four Stunticons in a case together, and there's obviously no comparable situation with the Protectobots or Eightyfourtobots.

If the other three wave 1 guys do get released with comics, it'll almost certainly just be from Hasbro reshipping wave 1 in its entirety, like (IIRC) they did with the Skids/Waspinator/etc. wave late last year.

Edited by Jalaguy, 24 May 2015 - 02:34 PM.

#16 Confuzor

Confuzor

They put em in Smash Bros!!!!

• Supporter
  • 8496 posts

Posted 24 May 2015 - 08:32 PM

NO! Not.more wave 1! I want to see wave 2 on the shelves!

#17 Nevermore

Nevermore

• Supporter
  • 13995 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 07:03 AM

So I think it's safe to say the re-releases of Skydive, Firefly and Alpha Bravo including comics have been canceled?

Someone over at TFW2005 claimed he saw them at TRU a while ago, but he never responded to follow-up questions asking for clarificatin, and since that guy is somewhat unreliable in general, I wouldn't hold my breath.
aR2oX8u.jpg

#18 Nevermore

Nevermore

• Supporter
  • 13995 posts

Posted 09 August 2015 - 05:52 PM

With Target also depicting the comic versions, I realized something:

Dead End and Brake-Neck come with the same comic ("Combiner Wars #8", aka "Heavy is the Head", aka Robots in Disguise #16). I can confirm this with the versions I have in hand, and on top of that, they use the same basic cover art, only recolored and with the head replaced, just like the toy.
Dead_End_Break_Neck.jpg

Firefly and Quickslinger share cover their art in the same way, leading me to assume that Firefly would have included the same comic as well. Quickslinger includes "Combiner Wars #3", aka "The End of the Beginning of the World", aka RID #11.
Firefly_Quickslinger.jpg

Shocking, right?
aR2oX8u.jpg

#19 Nevermore

Nevermore

• Supporter
  • 13995 posts

Posted 21 August 2015 - 12:14 PM

The comics were apparently made available at Taipei Comic Exhibition 2015 a few weeks back:

http://news.tfw2005....ull-bios-300081

11910645_861561367257738_1804579403_n.jp 11911836_861561370591071_343413786_n.jpg 11880958_861561373924404_1565186765_n.jp 11913044_861561377257737_1235451429_n.jp 11868698_861561780591030_506949925_n.jpg 11868698_861561780591030_506949925_n.jpg 11912947_861561777257697_372095561_n.jpg 11909611_861561787257696_493355359_n.jpg

Edited by Nevermore, 21 August 2015 - 12:15 PM.

aR2oX8u.jpg

#20 LV!

LV!

A tendency to speak in jest

• Citizen
  • 19378 posts

Posted 21 August 2015 - 12:59 PM

Sure, "Bottom line: he moves REALLY fast and breaks REALLY easily" sounds like Soundwave's writing to me.