Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Paladin : (25 June 2017 - 06:57 AM)

nobody here has moved past Wave 1. maybe if they hadn't crammed it with repaints....

@  Noideaforaname : (25 June 2017 - 06:46 AM)

Nitro's gonna be a pain in the butt to find, isn't he?

@  Pennpenn : (25 June 2017 - 03:51 AM)

Actually, on the subject of TLK toys, the voyager Nitro Zues or whatver looks pretty good. If I see it cheap I might give it to the Thunderwing head.

@  Pennpenn : (24 June 2017 - 09:58 PM)

Been playing a bit of Saints Row 4 and honestly the Blast Blast is hilariously overpowered.

@  Rycochet : (24 June 2017 - 05:28 PM)

And a better headsculpt.

@  unluckiness : (24 June 2017 - 05:23 PM)

It actually has half decent gimmicks too.

@  TheMightyMol... : (24 June 2017 - 04:03 PM)

It's still crap but at least it takes up less space.

@  Rycochet : (24 June 2017 - 10:31 AM)

I'd rather have Armada Sideswipe than Alternator Sideswipe.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (24 June 2017 - 09:50 AM)

What he's really doing is buying all the sideswipe, so that after the apocolypse.. He'll have an army to take ove the world!

@  unluckiness : (24 June 2017 - 09:00 AM)

We could be taking this the wrong way. What if this person means to sacrifice their own money to prevent Armada Sideswipes from falling into the hands of those who don't know better?

@  Rycochet : (24 June 2017 - 06:26 AM)

People say silly things online all the time, usually followed by a smilie or a wink. Take away the context and they go from being a joke to absurd hyperbole.

@  TheMightyMol... : (24 June 2017 - 06:07 AM)

But that would miss the entire point of hyperbole.

@  Pennpenn : (24 June 2017 - 06:03 AM)

Well that's a stupid attitude from someone who would waste a lot of money. I mean, they should just... not buy movie toys?

@  Bass X0 : (24 June 2017 - 04:52 AM)

Most insane thing I read of the day: "I would rather buy 100 Armada Sideswipes and PRiD Airachnids than buy any Bayformers crap"

@  Nevermore : (23 June 2017 - 06:10 PM)

His dialogue is full of allusions to his infamous lookalike, though sometimes as subversions. Oh, and sometimes he sings Karaoke. Check his rendition of "My Way", it's on Youtube.

@  Nevermore : (23 June 2017 - 06:09 PM)

The entire idea behind the character is that he looks and talks like Hitler, but is actually a good guy. Maybe with a dickish attitude, but he's not the villain.

@  Nevermore : (23 June 2017 - 06:08 PM)

Alfons Hatler is a supporting character from a German Edgar Wallace parody movie and its sequel.

@  Nevermore : (23 June 2017 - 06:07 PM)

I'd like to remind everyone that Alfons Hatler exists, which is all sorts of awesome.

@  wonko the sane? : (23 June 2017 - 05:41 PM)

See, you say that and you know there's new a bubsy game coming. Don't make us keep re-baselining our horror reactions.

@  Sean Whitmore : (23 June 2017 - 03:31 PM)

Epilogue is the worst thing to happen to mankind. And I'm including, like, all the wars and stuff.

@  Evac : (23 June 2017 - 02:11 PM)

... Did Linkara cover that one?

@  Paladin : (23 June 2017 - 01:50 PM)

the comics where Barbara quit being Batgirl after she was beaten into a miscarriage.

@  Boomhauer : (23 June 2017 - 01:20 PM)

His choice to be Batman had more punch when he was a completely normal guy met with the same dillema instead of the DNA garbage that muddies the message for no other reason than to give Old Bruce another ass-kiss before the show is over. It's a boring episode whose entire concept is repeating things already known and spark Squawkbox arguments.

@  The Predaking : (23 June 2017 - 01:11 PM)

But he still chose to be batman. Not only did he chose to be batman, he did it better.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (23 June 2017 - 12:46 PM)

I have to agree.. Part of the problem with Epilogue is it takes away from "Terry CHOSE to be batman" and changed it a bit to "Terry was designed to be batman."

@  NotVeryKnightly : (23 June 2017 - 12:13 PM)

Do you mean the DCAU continuity comics or Future's End?

@  Paladin : (23 June 2017 - 11:36 AM)

can we all at least agree it's a better ending for Batman Beyond than the comics?

@  wonko the sane? : (23 June 2017 - 10:52 AM)

There was no evidence of it to support it in the show, and generally using someone to MAKE a batman is a jerkish thing to do.

@  Benbot : (23 June 2017 - 10:37 AM)

why does it matter?

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (23 June 2017 - 10:25 AM)

I think the problem with Epilogue was making Terry effectivly Batman's son.

@  Benbot : (23 June 2017 - 10:24 AM)

what's your problem with it?

@  The Predaking : (23 June 2017 - 10:02 AM)

Epilogue give a great end to Batman Beyond and even has a Mask of the Phantasm character

@  MrBlud : (23 June 2017 - 09:55 AM)

I don't post in the Shoutbox often, but when I do, it's to confirm "Epilogue" is garbage.

@  Paladin : (23 June 2017 - 08:43 AM)

even "Epilogue" ? (braces for that argument again)

@  The Predaking : (23 June 2017 - 08:26 AM)

Its a really great show.

@  The Predaking : (23 June 2017 - 08:25 AM)

Justice League unlimited

@  unluckiness : (23 June 2017 - 08:14 AM)

Sprinkles or nothing!

@  MEDdMI : (23 June 2017 - 07:06 AM)

>_< 3 hrs, $5,628 to go for the Two Scoops Kickstarter http://kck.st/2qgIkCd

@  wonko the sane? : (23 June 2017 - 06:16 AM)

Yeah, miles is only used when accuracy doesn't actually matter, or we're dealing with americans.

@  Nevermore : (23 June 2017 - 03:55 AM)

We even use "miles" in similar contexts in German even though we use kilometers for actual measurements.

@  The Doctor Who : (23 June 2017 - 02:40 AM)

Makes sense, really. Colloquialisms exist in their own weird little universe where terminology can persist after it's no longer relevant otherwise.

@  abates : (23 June 2017 - 01:17 AM)

We also measure car milage in kilometres but still call it milage.

@  Bass X0 : (22 June 2017 - 05:47 PM)

No. We still say miles. Kilometers is only really used for actual specific distances whereas miles being used in a common phrase is still miles.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (22 June 2017 - 04:59 PM)

People from outside the U.S.: as we are all English-proficient here, do you ever use the phrase "I saw it coming from miles away.", or do you say "kilometers" instead?

@  Hg Dragon : (22 June 2017 - 04:06 PM)

Wow, that was supposed to :shout" hours ago...

@  Hg Dragon : (22 June 2017 - 04:05 PM)

Indeed. Especially on opening week. We're talking avg, 5-8%. It's more at your discount/sub-run houses.

@  Steevy Maximus : (22 June 2017 - 10:25 AM)

AMC knows it, freakin $7 for a regular drink

@  Paladin : (22 June 2017 - 08:22 AM)

and if you want to support your theaters, buy more concessions. because they get SHIT from the ticket sales...

@  Hg Dragon : (22 June 2017 - 08:15 AM)

So, we charged an extra $1 per. F'em

@  Hg Dragon : (22 June 2017 - 08:13 AM)

First, they threatened to stop sending us digital because we weren't upcharging for it (back when we were still "mixed" format). Then they threatened to stop sendingus 3D because we didn't upcharge for those either initially.

Photo

DC's Legends of Tomorrow discussion

686 replies to this topic

#1 Dusty

Dusty
  • Citizen
  • 5850 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 09:30 PM

Cooooooool. Coolcoolcool. The Caity Lotz part is weird though.

http://deadline.com/...ies-1201382466/

DC Comics superheroes are uniting in a potential new drama series at the CW, a spinoff from hits Arrow and The Flash that will feature several fan-favorite recurring actors/characters from both shows. I have learned that the network has teamed with Arrow creators Greg Berlanti, Andrew Kreisberg and Marc Guggenheim for a project eyed for next season toplined by Brandon Routh, Victor Garber, Wentworth Miller and Caity Lotz. 

The untitled project, now in development, is described as a superhero team-up show. Routh, Miller and Garber will reprise their popular DC Comics characters  — Arrow‘s Ray Palmer/The Atom (Routh), Flash villain Leonard Snart/Captain Cold (Miller), and Flash‘s Dr. Martin Stein (Garber). Because her Arrow character Sara Lance was killed off, with her sister Laurel Lance (Katie Cassidy) taking over as the Black Canary, it is unclear whether Lotz will play the same or new superhero. 

The project is in early stages of development, so there is a possibility for other Arrow/Flash characters to cross over to the new spinoff. Additionally, in a tidbit that should get fans fired up, I have learned the new project will include three major DC Comics characters who have never appeared in a TV series.

Edited by Dustybot, 26 February 2015 - 09:30 PM.

#2 Fero McPigletron

Fero McPigletron

Not a Maverick! Maybe.

• Citizen
  • 6078 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 26 February 2015 - 09:42 PM

This is for real? It's like they picked the actors who are gay or rumored gay (dunno about Lolz tho). Pied Piper should join the team too.

#3 Aberration

Aberration
  • Citizen
  • 2483 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 09:56 PM

Very interesting...  Odd that they confirmed Garber without Robbie Amell, although it's probably a given that he's along for the ride.  My kneejerk reaction to Cold's involvement is that I'd rather have him menacing the Flash instead of being here, but we'll see what happens.

And happy to see Caity Lotz back, but very curious to know the why...  Are we going to take a whole season to learn she was injected with blood from some blue alien?

#4 Dusty

Dusty
  • Citizen
  • 5850 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 10:26 PM

This is for real? It's like they picked the actors who are gay or rumored gay (dunno about Lolz tho). Pied Piper should join the team too.

Brandon Routh is married to a lady with whom he has a kid, so I kind of doubt he's gay.

Very interesting...  Odd that they confirmed Garber without Robbie Amell, although it's probably a given that he's along for the ride.  My kneejerk reaction to Cold's involvement is that I'd rather have him menacing the Flash instead of being here, but we'll see what happens.

And happy to see Caity Lotz back, but very curious to know the why...  Are we going to take a whole season to learn she was injected with blood from some blue alien?

I'm assuming they didn't include Robbie Amell because he's slightly less famous than the other ones named. 

And yeah, I'm intrigued by what's going on with Caity Lotz. She just tweeted about this, so she's definitely involved.

#5 skankerzero

skankerzero

Back in Austin!!

• Citizen
  • 7427 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 26 February 2015 - 10:47 PM

excellent!

I hope this pushes us towards Booster and Beetle!

-----------
jesse sosa
owner / creative director
Dinosaur Games
studio art director
Samsung

#6 Cybersnark

Cybersnark

Sorry I'm late. Had to get my powersuit.

• Citizen
  • 9912 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 27 February 2015 - 11:24 AM

OUTRAGEOUS!

#7 Mouse_Pad

Mouse_Pad

It's a nice day for a...

• Citizen
  • 8512 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 11:54 AM

Sure, just bring Sara back from the dead again.  Why not?  Toss her corpse into Ra's' hot tub and see what happens.

#8 skankerzero

skankerzero

Back in Austin!!

• Citizen
  • 7427 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 01:02 PM

I'm lazy and thus didn't read the full article, but did they say the actor's name or 'black canary'? Perhaps she's playing a different character.

-----------
jesse sosa
Dinosaur Games
studio art director
Samsung

#9 Lazy Garou

Lazy Garou

Raider of fridges, eater of food.

• Citizen
  • 4103 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 27 February 2015 - 01:08 PM

No outrageus  Aquaman, me no watch show. 

A persistent predator is always alert!awake! focused! and Zzzz.....

#10 Dusty

Dusty
  • Citizen
  • 5850 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 05:37 PM

I'm lazy and thus didn't read the full article, but did they say the actor's name or 'black canary'? Perhaps she's playing a different character.

They just said Caity Lotz. They didn't specify she'd be playing Sara.

#11 Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus

Snarky Siegie

• Citizen
  • 3448 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 27 February 2015 - 06:00 PM

The sad part is that with the corporate politics at Time Warner and everyone else, we won't see anything related to Batman (despite using Ras al Gul in Arrow, or the league of Shadows) or Superman.

#12 Dusty

Dusty
  • Citizen
  • 5850 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 06:03 PM

The sad part is that with the corporate politics at Time Warner and everyone else, we won't see anything related to Batman (despite using Ras al Gul in Arrow, or the league of Shadows) or Superman.

The WB politics are not what they once were. The Arrow producers have said the only things they know they're not allowed to use are Batman and Superman themselves. Pretty much everything else is fair game.

Edited by Dustybot, 27 February 2015 - 06:04 PM.

#13 MrBlud

MrBlud

Goes down smooth...

• Staff
  • 50504 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 27 February 2015 - 06:14 PM

I have learned the new project will include three major DC Comics characters who have never appeared in a TV series.

THAT is intriguing.

I've have assumed Arrow/Flash, Smallville, Justice League of America, and Legends of the Superheroes would've covered just about all the major ones.

Which "major characters" are left?

Edited by MrBlud, 27 February 2015 - 06:15 PM.

card-strongarm.jpg

#14 Dusty

Dusty
  • Citizen
  • 5850 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 06:22 PM

I assume they mean live action, in which case Green Lantern would be the biggest name.

(I can't imagine they're counting that Justice League pilot from the 90s.)

Edited by Dustybot, 27 February 2015 - 06:23 PM.

#15 Sabrblade

Sabrblade
  • Citizen
  • 21719 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 01:26 AM

If it means making the Arrow/Flash universe even bigger and more awesome, I'm totally onboard for this.

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#16 Cat

Cat
  • Retired Staff
  • 11612 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 07:50 PM

Oh. Hourman. Remember they said they were working on a pilot script for him. He's never appeared in live-action before, no matter which incarnation they choose to go with. The pilot was for the same channel as Arrow too, so he's probably got a decent shot at being one of them.

I cannot begin to voice my sheer joy if Hourman is indeed one of the 3.

#17 Cybersnark

Cybersnark

Sorry I'm late. Had to get my powersuit.

• Citizen
  • 9912 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 28 February 2015 - 08:25 PM

And we've already speculated about Mirakuru being Miraclo. . .

#18 Dusty

Dusty
  • Citizen
  • 5850 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 08:32 PM

Hourman is also a favorite of Geoff Johns, so he seems pretty likely.

#19 skankerzero

skankerzero

Back in Austin!!

• Citizen
  • 7427 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 12:20 AM

What a world we live in where we can actually reasonably speculate that Hourman might be in a live action tv show.

-----------
jesse sosa
Dinosaur Games
studio art director
Samsung

#20 Lizard King

Lizard King

I burned out my eyes, I cut off my tounge.

• Citizen
  • 9600 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 03:01 AM

This is literally the greatest time to be a comic book fan, ever.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users