Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  MEDdMI : (24 May 2019 - 07:40 AM)

They fight you with sparkles.

@  TheMightyMol... : (24 May 2019 - 03:40 AM)

Phyrexians are the bishie-est.

@  unluckiness : (24 May 2019 - 12:29 AM)

That's why they always wear long sleeved shirts and long pants

@  fourteenwings : (23 May 2019 - 11:36 PM)

Everybody knows the most bishie thing about any bishie is his exposed sinew.

@  MEDdMI : (23 May 2019 - 10:04 PM)

*looks up the humanoid slivers* ...really? People were calling those bishies?

@  TheMightyMol... : (23 May 2019 - 12:45 PM)

Have they made a sliver planeswalker yet?

@  RichardT1977 : (23 May 2019 - 10:29 AM)

"DECOMPOSE!"

@  Paladin : (23 May 2019 - 06:29 AM)

will they next evolve into Inhumanoids?

@  Ashley : (23 May 2019 - 02:42 AM)

the original slivers were spikey monsters. then the evolved into humanoids. now they're back to spikey bug monsters.

@  MEDdMI : (22 May 2019 - 10:42 PM)

Wait. Slivers were bishies???

@  unluckiness : (22 May 2019 - 10:40 PM)

They haven't necessarily looped yet. It's possible they're stuck in "yaoi anatomy"

@  Ashley : (22 May 2019 - 10:35 PM)

I think Slivers in MTG have crossed the bishonen line and looped back around to monstrous

@  wonko the sane? : (22 May 2019 - 09:48 PM)

Maxi, provigo, loblaws.

@  RichardT1977 : (22 May 2019 - 09:42 PM)

Which store brand is it?

@  wonko the sane? : (22 May 2019 - 05:52 PM)

I need to buy more "no name" foods. This pizza is freaking awesome.

@  Bass X0 : (20 May 2019 - 11:16 AM)

SEND THE BOOKS!!

@  Cybersnark : (20 May 2019 - 08:52 AM)

So, now that Game of Thrones is over, when can we get back to The Dragon Prince?

@  unluckiness : (20 May 2019 - 12:19 AM)

Like, half of them nowadays are montages of tweet screencaps from the writer's inbox

@  unluckiness : (20 May 2019 - 12:18 AM)

lol you expected integrity from internet news

@  fourteenwings : (19 May 2019 - 11:33 PM)

I'm mostly confused how news sites went from "Analysing all the amazingness of Game of Thrones" to "Fans sure don't like this season!", like... way to prioritize clicks over a solid editorial opinion

@  fourteenwings : (19 May 2019 - 11:30 PM)

[and there's a recurring setting of a "derelict industrial site"] is this like the Toei Quarry?

@  MEDdMI : (19 May 2019 - 11:17 PM)

@Foffy and then that giant lasagna just tipped over and killed everyone, to be later known as the infamous Bad Monday event.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (19 May 2019 - 10:59 PM)

Ahahaha!!! Go read the reactions for yourself. To say anything more here risks spoiling the finale for subscribing Allsparkers, the quality of this season notwithstanding.

@  Foffy : (19 May 2019 - 10:59 PM)

pretty wild how heathcliff was in the game of thrones finale, i was not expecting that crossover

@  TM2-Megatron : (19 May 2019 - 10:48 PM)

were they still super pissed?

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (19 May 2019 - 10:48 PM)

Well, as someone who is not into Game of Thrones, it sure was entertaining to open up social media this evening to unexpectedly see headlines about fan reactions to the finale. Lmao.

@  Nevermore : (19 May 2019 - 06:12 PM)

But it's also a SUPER-well known location in my region, so these extensive exterior shots without any post production alterations completely ruin the illusion for me.

@  Nevermore : (19 May 2019 - 06:11 PM)

I mean, I get why they did it: It's an existing location that fits the purpose, it's open for the public, and they had to shoot some scenes in my home state anyway to due a subsidizing deal.

@  Nevermore : (19 May 2019 - 06:09 PM)

Needless to say, it's not in Berlin, and even what's seen onscreen is waaaaay too modern for something that's supposed to exist in 1929 (even moreso as a derelict site in 1929). The structures seen haven't even been built until the 1960s!

@  Nevermore : (19 May 2019 - 06:07 PM)

I'm currently in the process of watching season 2 of Babylon Berlin, and there's a recurring setting of a "derelict industrial site" or whatever it's supposed to be on the show, and I easily recognize it as a place only a few minutes from where I live (it's actually a former ironworks site that's been turned into a public park).

@  Xellos : (19 May 2019 - 05:52 PM)

Ever since I went to Japan last year, I have friend who dread watching anime with me due to that...

@  Xellos : (19 May 2019 - 05:51 PM)

Not hugely, but I am the type to notice places once I have been there and say "Hey, I've been there!"

@  wonko the sane? : (19 May 2019 - 05:50 PM)

Half of new york city (on tape.) is actually montreal.

@  TM2-Megatron : (19 May 2019 - 05:50 PM)

I watched Death Wish 5 last night and clearly recognized Toronto streets; didn't pull me out of Bronson's 1-man war on drugs or fashion or whatever it was that pissed him off that time

@  TM2-Megatron : (19 May 2019 - 05:49 PM)

it's nice to finally be thought of as exotic by somebody! lol

@  Nevermore : (19 May 2019 - 05:48 PM)

In an "I cannot possibly make my brain ignore the location I'm familiar with and pretend it's whatever the story claims it is" way?

@  Nevermore : (19 May 2019 - 05:42 PM)

Question for those of you living in exotic locations such as the US or the UK: If you watch a movie or a TV show that features a real-life location as a stand-in for someplace else, and you recognize the real-life location due to having been there in person, does that pull you out of the story?

@  Xellos : (19 May 2019 - 05:15 PM)

Maybe you should have installed macOS in your house instead.

@  Noideaforaname : (19 May 2019 - 04:40 PM)

Nothing like coming home after a long day to find a bird in the house. And then once you sit down for a well-earned rest after leading the bird back outside, you find it had a friend. A friend who *really* doesn't understand how windows work...

@  PlutoniumBoss : (19 May 2019 - 01:26 PM)

Bingo. The big polls don't tell people what's actually happening because that doesn't sell.

@  fourteenwings : (19 May 2019 - 10:59 AM)

IIRC there are good polls but data is easily manipulated so they give people what they want to hear

@  wonko the sane? : (19 May 2019 - 10:58 AM)

The only way to get people interested in politics is to make into reality TV. So they lie to do it.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (19 May 2019 - 01:38 AM)

Yeah, polling these days is garbage.

@  Sean Whitmore : (18 May 2019 - 11:53 PM)

Well, he was an honest man. He wasn’t gonna lie to a 5-year-old.

@  Paladin : (18 May 2019 - 08:34 PM)

Grandfather once said to me, "I'm going upstairs and hug your grandma."

@  Sabrblade : (18 May 2019 - 07:08 PM)

Mama always said that you can tell a lot 'bout a person from 'is shoes...

@  TheMightyMol... : (18 May 2019 - 03:54 PM)

Life is like a box of chocolates. Stay out of the sun or melt into a pile of gross slop.

@  wonko the sane? : (18 May 2019 - 10:26 AM)

Greasy, disappointing and still managing to be over priced?

@  Lancer : (18 May 2019 - 10:22 AM)

... Yes, it is!

@  Noideaforaname : (18 May 2019 - 09:48 AM)

Life's a fillet of fish!

Photo
514 replies to this topic

#41 Exatron

Exatron

Kaiser Dragon

• Citizen
  • 1607 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 26 March 2015 - 10:33 AM

So apparently Target is having all Amiibos on sale 25% off from March 29 through April 4. I think I'm going to try to pick up the Mario wave then. I really like some of those sculpts a lot better than the Smash versions, especially Luigi.

Recent rumor is Gamestop might not be doing preorders for Smash wave 4. My local TRU guy has said they'd be getting in preorder cards, but doesn't know when.  :burn

#42 Confuzor

Confuzor

They put em in Smash Bros!!!!

• Supporter
  • 7766 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 01:30 PM

I have yet to see MarioParty Mario anywhere.

but yeah, Party Luigi is much better than that baffling Planking Luigi for Smash.

#43 Exatron

Exatron

Kaiser Dragon

• Citizen
  • 1607 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 02:33 PM

As far as I know, Mario is only available bundled with Mario Party 10. Even all the ads I've seen show just the other five for sale individually.

Although when you open up the MP10 box, it's just Mario in a standard Amiibo package with the game tucked in behind it. So I wouldn't be at all surprised if he does get sold on his own at some point. Either that, or they decided to sell him either bundled or individually depending on market.

#44 Daith

Daith

My Nyah brings all the girls to the yard

• Supporter
  • 8928 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 26 March 2015 - 07:16 PM

Nintendo just posted that the normal Mario MP10 Amiibo will be available on April 3rd, So I guess he didn't roll out with the rest.

#45 Exatron

Exatron

Kaiser Dragon

• Citizen
  • 1607 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 11:13 AM

Nintendo just posted that the normal Mario MP10 Amiibo will be available on April 3rd, So I guess he didn't roll out with the rest.

I used the same abbreviation one post above, but I still had to process that for a bit to understand you weren't talking about an Optimus Prime Amiibo.  :doh

Now I'm sad. That sounded too good. And yet terrifying to my wallet at the same time.

#46 Corgsopal

Corgsopal

Hanging 'round amorphous mounds

• Supporter
  • 5736 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 27 March 2015 - 12:16 PM

I found a lone Rosalina Amiibo in New Zealand a few months ago, and I've been carrying her around with me ever since. She's seen 3 countries already, with a few more to go before she gets to go meet her Amiibo siblings that are waiting for us to Smash with back home. I've got Mega Man, Peach, Zelda, Kirby, Pit, DK and Lucario waiting for me somehow. It's ridiculous how Amiibo and Combiner Wars have gotten their hooks in me even while I'm abroad. 

Reclaim the suffix.

#47 Daith

Daith

• Supporter
  • 8928 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 09:02 PM

So lots of Amiibo news unloaded today

SMASH BROS LINE

the next wave of Smash Amiibo which we've seen announced is due May.

Next wave is small with just Dark Pit and Palutena in July.

And in September we get Olimar, Dr. Mario, Zero Suit Samus, Gannondorf, and Bowser JR. 

Thus concludes Smash news

Now We seem to be getting a Splatoon Set with a Male and Female Characters and Squid. They seem to unlock new Customization Options

And now we get two new forms of Amiibo. With Yoshis Wooly World they are releasing 3 different colored Yoshi Yarn Plush Amiibos in Green, Pink and Blue.

Then we also get the Amiibo Cards that were rumored sometime back as Animal Crossing characters. I'm not sure the exacts but it seems a new Animal Crossing game for 3DS will be coming and be essentially decorating other characters homes for them. From the look of it the Cards will unlock new homes for you to decorate.

#48 Fenix Twilight

Fenix Twilight
  • Citizen
  • 5212 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 01 April 2015 - 10:23 PM

The boy and girl Splatoon will also be sold separate, along with the 3 pack.

#49 Tm_Silverclaw

Tm_Silverclaw
  • Citizen
  • 10884 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 10:29 PM

Want 3 Pack.

#50 TheMightyMollusk

TheMightyMollusk

Let there be night, and damn the sun

• Supporter
  • 44035 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 02 April 2015 - 02:04 AM

And to think I'm still waiting for Lucina, Robin, and Charizard...

#51 Daith

Daith

• Supporter
  • 8928 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 06:41 AM

Crud your right Charaizard is yet to comein the next wave in May. Hadn't even thought of that. Supposedly Jigglypuff and Greninja got a Japanese release date soon.

Actually just checked the Amiibo site and Greninja and Jigglypuff are part of the next wave too. Was that always the case?

Edited by Daith, 02 April 2015 - 06:44 AM.

#52 Zek

Zek

Resident Goober

• Supporter
  • 7766 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 02 April 2015 - 10:05 AM

I really wish I could preorder the Splatoon Amiibos anywhere, since that appears to be the only way to get the popular ones these days...ugh nintendo, do multiple releases, PLZ!

I only wanted a handful of these guys to begin with, yet it's nearly impossible to get the fe that I want.

#53 videomaster21XX

videomaster21XX

I wanna sing a song!

• Citizen
  • 5047 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 02 April 2015 - 11:15 AM

I'm just glad Marth is getting a second release, as I actually wanted him.

It's a secret to everybody

Spoiler

#54 Confuzor

Confuzor

• Supporter
  • 7766 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 02:38 PM

Ive been standing in line at a Gamestop to get Ness. Im second in line but their system company-wide is shot. I hope I'm not standing here for no reason...

#55 Eneon

Eneon
  • Citizen
  • 6166 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 03:05 PM

Glad I have no interest in Ness, or going completionist with these.

But I did end up getting my first taste of these. Toon Link, Sonic, Samus, and Mega Man.

Those are kind of my favorites from what's out so far. Can't see me picking up anymore for awhile unless I see the Wii Fit Trainer or something.

#56 Ms Virion

Ms Virion

I live again...

• Retired Staff
  • 18772 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 02 April 2015 - 05:08 PM

My roommate preordered Ness, but wasn't able to preorder any of the other wave (sold out) - I want to preorder the Splatoon 3 pack, but I'm stuck at work for the rest of the night.

pls snd hlp

Edited by Ms Virion, 02 April 2015 - 05:09 PM.

#57 Confuzor

Confuzor

• Supporter
  • 7766 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 06:27 PM

I managed to snag 2 Ness (for friends) and a Pacman that I plan to make a profit on.

#58 Demovere Xeno

Demovere Xeno

Pinky to pinky~

• Citizen
  • 3686 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 03 April 2015 - 01:24 AM

Lord, please don't let Palutena and Zero Suit Samus be hard to preorder (I'm already expecting them to be hard to find :p :doh).

#59 Daith

Daith

• Supporter
  • 8928 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 02:24 AM

I'm now of the mind that if I find one I'll find one. Sat for over an hour in line, mind you in the 2nd spot, and half of that time was spent getting nowhere with the computer system. I want Charizard and Pac but not enough to waste a day over. Already irked they are pulling the character exclusive hug again with Greninja. Nintendo should of learned with the Gold Mario exclusivity. That wasn't a bad idea. Making certain normal characters tied to one store is moronic. Could of been timed exclusives and I wouldn't care so much but this is twice I've been hugged over a character I want because I'm nowhere near the stores they come in.

#60 Tm_Silverclaw

Tm_Silverclaw
  • Citizen
  • 10884 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 03:38 AM

What cheeses me off most is that I was refreshing the amiibo page every 15 minutes and never saw Greninja. I did a search for greninja... and never found the page.

How the bloody heck was I supposed to pre-order it if I could never find the blasted page?

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Nintendo, Amiibo, Smash Bros, Captain Toad, Mario Party 10, Hyrule Warriors, Codename STEAM, Wii U, 3DS

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users