Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  CORVUS : (05 April 2020 - 06:41 PM)

CONTAGION is on my current watchlist. I'm kicking it off with OUTBREAK, and I have a whole lineup of pandemic-based films. I treat this stuff as a fear-innoculant.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (05 April 2020 - 03:52 PM)

My point is that of late, Taiwan's government executed lockdown procedures to great success. Vietnam has done similarly.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (05 April 2020 - 03:34 PM)

Didn't SARS just suddenly stop before it got very far?

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (05 April 2020 - 03:24 PM)

*raises eyebrows due to familial knowledge of SARS*

@  Steevy Maximus : (05 April 2020 - 01:43 PM)

It was uncomfortably real in 2011, it's downright scary in relation to the current pandemic.

@  Steevy Maximus : (05 April 2020 - 01:42 PM)

It is, almost to an uncomfortable point.The virus portrayed in that film was FAR more aggressive and fatal than Coronavirus, but the sourcing and spread and impact hit REALLY close to home compared to what we're dealing with now

@  Maximus Ambus : (05 April 2020 - 04:50 AM)

Actually on the subject, I've hard a lot of people refer to a 2011 film called Contagion that they think is relevant.

@  Maximus Ambus : (05 April 2020 - 01:11 AM)

Ah well, I'll stick to the classic British sitcoms: One Foot in the Grave, Til Death Do Us Part and They Think It's All Over.

@  TM2-Megatron : (05 April 2020 - 12:53 AM)

There's always the original, cheesy as it is

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (05 April 2020 - 12:10 AM)

Dunno... Tonight one of the major networks showed a movie with plagues.. including that listening to their leader causes the first born to die. ;P So nah.. I think the Stand could work. :D

@  TM2-Megatron : (04 April 2020 - 09:18 PM)

That's probably the last thing anyone needs to see, at the moment. Maybe when we get to the end of June/beginning of July and we can venture back out, it might be possible to find some enjoyment in The Stand.

@  Maximus Ambus : (04 April 2020 - 02:08 PM)

I suppose the CBS adaptation of Stephen Kings The Stand will be delayed.

@  Rycochet : (04 April 2020 - 11:26 AM)

We'll always be together. Together in electric dreams.

@  Rycochet : (04 April 2020 - 11:25 AM)

Please remember that in these times of social distancing, we'll always be together however far it seems.

@  wonko the sane? : (03 April 2020 - 12:41 PM)

It arrived! Yay!

@  wonko the sane? : (03 April 2020 - 11:25 AM)

Given how the virus lasts about 3-4 days on metals and plastics, it's about the only way to go about getting stuff right now. I ordered a monitor mount for my desk and the delivery has been pushed back twice already.

@  Maximus Ambus : (03 April 2020 - 11:04 AM)

He ordered it online, says it was to keep those delivery boys in business. I did the same a week ago with some Transformers Studio Series figures off Kapow. Don't know if it's wise or not considering.

@  wonko the sane? : (03 April 2020 - 09:12 AM)

You'd be the first. Everyone else has either been frustrated cause the one they wanted was sold out (like during boxing week.) or rushing to replace something broken.

@  RYNO : (03 April 2020 - 08:53 AM)

I actually walked into a store the other day and just randomly decided to buy at 32inch TV. It was just a Vizio, and grabbed a Mounting Bracket for it. No duress. Just a spur of the moment wanted a TV for my master bedroom.

@  wonko the sane? : (03 April 2020 - 07:31 AM)

Conversely: I've never met a person who wasn't buying a TV under duress... so... yeah.

@  wonko the sane? : (03 April 2020 - 07:20 AM)

I think I've met maybe two people other than myself who count cables before buying a TV.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (03 April 2020 - 05:33 AM)

Seriously.. HDMI splitters and switches are so bloody finicky, but most tvs don't have enough inputs.

@  Maximus Ambus : (03 April 2020 - 05:09 AM)

Just spent a hour trying to get my brothers new Samsung TV to read his Playstation and Blu Ray player only to find he was using a HDMI splitter.

@  Steevy Maximus : (02 April 2020 - 11:07 AM)

I could never master oral bullshittery. But in my day I was quite adept with the written word.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (01 April 2020 - 11:32 PM)

You have mastered the art of Bulljive. You must use this power only for good, or entertainment.

@  Sabrblade : (01 April 2020 - 08:58 PM)

This morning, for one of my online classes, I had to give a positive oral presentation about a play that I hated having to watch. I went into it completely unprepared and just winged it. My professor LOVED my presentation and thought it was excellent. She believed every word I said and honestly thought that I enjoyed that miserable play. Best April Fools ever!

@  ▲ndrusi : (01 April 2020 - 10:06 AM)

Happy Everyone Thinks They're A Comedian Now Day!

@  Donocropolis : (31 March 2020 - 05:45 AM)

Who, I might add, has never been photographed together with Byteman. Just sayin'.

@  Sabrblade : (30 March 2020 - 10:27 PM)

Bruce Wayne's cyberpunk cousin?

@  PlutoniumBoss : (30 March 2020 - 09:27 PM)

Laser Wayne

@  Sabrblade : (30 March 2020 - 09:08 PM)

Luther Unum

@  PlutoniumBoss : (30 March 2020 - 07:09 PM)

Or Lee Derwon.

@  Steevy Maximus : (30 March 2020 - 06:51 PM)

Not to be confused with Leader I

@  Steevy Maximus : (30 March 2020 - 06:50 PM)

He was Leader Uno

@  Steevy Maximus : (30 March 2020 - 06:50 PM)

He was the OTHER Leader 1

@  TheMightyMol... : (30 March 2020 - 06:29 PM)

Or Sideways.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (30 March 2020 - 05:26 PM)

On the other hand, this is Armada we're talking about. It could have actually been Metroplex.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (28 March 2020 - 11:08 PM)

Oh yeah, that was Fort Max. My bad.

@  LBD "Nyt... : (28 March 2020 - 09:12 PM)

https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Peritus_Maximus

@  LBD "Nyt... : (28 March 2020 - 09:11 PM)

Christmas Maximus?

@  Maximus Ambus : (28 March 2020 - 01:13 PM)

At least the ozone layer is healing. unless this is a 0.0000000001% thing it's sounds like good news.

@  ▲ndrusi : (28 March 2020 - 09:27 AM)

(But only pretty sure, not 100% sure.)

@  ▲ndrusi : (28 March 2020 - 09:26 AM)

Pretty sure y'all were thinking of Fortress Maximus yesterday.

@  Bass X0 : (28 March 2020 - 12:38 AM)

Dare! Dare to believe you can survive 2020!

@  Steevy Maximus : (27 March 2020 - 08:18 PM)

Baja Blast is back at retail!

@  TheMightyMol... : (27 March 2020 - 03:47 PM)

Shame he wasn't around more. He seemed like such a jolly, happy soul.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (27 March 2020 - 02:16 PM)

No, he was definitely Metroplex. You could tell because he was in Metroplex's distinctive red and green coloration.

@  Paladin : (27 March 2020 - 02:11 PM)

that was Leader-1. or possibly Jolt. maybe Grindor...

@  PlutoniumBoss : (27 March 2020 - 01:57 PM)

Metroplex was in Armada, in a flashback. He was the same size as everybody else. I thought that was the joke.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (27 March 2020 - 12:39 PM)

@Rodimus Supreme: Gah! You are right! How'd I get that mixed up? x.x;

Photo
526 replies to this topic

#41 Exatron

Exatron

Kaiser Dragon

• Citizen
  • 1800 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 26 March 2015 - 10:33 AM

So apparently Target is having all Amiibos on sale 25% off from March 29 through April 4. I think I'm going to try to pick up the Mario wave then. I really like some of those sculpts a lot better than the Smash versions, especially Luigi.

Recent rumor is Gamestop might not be doing preorders for Smash wave 4. My local TRU guy has said they'd be getting in preorder cards, but doesn't know when.  :burn

#42 Confuzor

Confuzor

They put em in Smash Bros!!!!

• Supporter
  • 8161 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 01:30 PM

I have yet to see MarioParty Mario anywhere.

but yeah, Party Luigi is much better than that baffling Planking Luigi for Smash.

#43 Exatron

Exatron

Kaiser Dragon

• Citizen
  • 1800 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 02:33 PM

As far as I know, Mario is only available bundled with Mario Party 10. Even all the ads I've seen show just the other five for sale individually.

Although when you open up the MP10 box, it's just Mario in a standard Amiibo package with the game tucked in behind it. So I wouldn't be at all surprised if he does get sold on his own at some point. Either that, or they decided to sell him either bundled or individually depending on market.

#44 Daith

Daith

My Nyah brings all the girls to the yard

• Supporter
  • 9378 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 26 March 2015 - 07:16 PM

Nintendo just posted that the normal Mario MP10 Amiibo will be available on April 3rd, So I guess he didn't roll out with the rest.

Switch code: SW-6538-7795-1972

#45 Exatron

Exatron

Kaiser Dragon

• Citizen
  • 1800 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 11:13 AM

Nintendo just posted that the normal Mario MP10 Amiibo will be available on April 3rd, So I guess he didn't roll out with the rest.

I used the same abbreviation one post above, but I still had to process that for a bit to understand you weren't talking about an Optimus Prime Amiibo.  :doh

Now I'm sad. That sounded too good. And yet terrifying to my wallet at the same time.

#46 Corgis Pal

Corgis Pal

Hanging 'round amorphous mounds

• Supporter
  • 5831 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 27 March 2015 - 12:16 PM

I found a lone Rosalina Amiibo in New Zealand a few months ago, and I've been carrying her around with me ever since. She's seen 3 countries already, with a few more to go before she gets to go meet her Amiibo siblings that are waiting for us to Smash with back home. I've got Mega Man, Peach, Zelda, Kirby, Pit, DK and Lucario waiting for me somehow. It's ridiculous how Amiibo and Combiner Wars have gotten their hooks in me even while I'm abroad. 

Reclaim the suffix.

#47 Daith

Daith

• Supporter
  • 9378 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 09:02 PM

So lots of Amiibo news unloaded today

SMASH BROS LINE

the next wave of Smash Amiibo which we've seen announced is due May.

Next wave is small with just Dark Pit and Palutena in July.

And in September we get Olimar, Dr. Mario, Zero Suit Samus, Gannondorf, and Bowser JR. 

Thus concludes Smash news

Now We seem to be getting a Splatoon Set with a Male and Female Characters and Squid. They seem to unlock new Customization Options

And now we get two new forms of Amiibo. With Yoshis Wooly World they are releasing 3 different colored Yoshi Yarn Plush Amiibos in Green, Pink and Blue.

Then we also get the Amiibo Cards that were rumored sometime back as Animal Crossing characters. I'm not sure the exacts but it seems a new Animal Crossing game for 3DS will be coming and be essentially decorating other characters homes for them. From the look of it the Cards will unlock new homes for you to decorate.

#48 Fenix Twilight

Fenix Twilight
  • Citizen
  • 5251 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 01 April 2015 - 10:23 PM

The boy and girl Splatoon will also be sold separate, along with the 3 pack.

#49 Tm_Silverclaw

Tm_Silverclaw
  • Citizen
  • 11141 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 10:29 PM

Want 3 Pack.

#50 TheMightyMollusk

TheMightyMollusk

Fierce is my blade, fierce is my hate

• Supporter
  • 46326 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 02 April 2015 - 02:04 AM

And to think I'm still waiting for Lucina, Robin, and Charizard...

#51 Daith

Daith

• Supporter
  • 9378 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 06:41 AM

Crud your right Charaizard is yet to comein the next wave in May. Hadn't even thought of that. Supposedly Jigglypuff and Greninja got a Japanese release date soon.

Actually just checked the Amiibo site and Greninja and Jigglypuff are part of the next wave too. Was that always the case?

Edited by Daith, 02 April 2015 - 06:44 AM.

#52 Zek

Zek

Resident Goober

• Supporter
  • 7766 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 02 April 2015 - 10:05 AM

I really wish I could preorder the Splatoon Amiibos anywhere, since that appears to be the only way to get the popular ones these days...ugh nintendo, do multiple releases, PLZ!

I only wanted a handful of these guys to begin with, yet it's nearly impossible to get the fe that I want.

#53 videomaster21XX

videomaster21XX

I wanna sing a song!

• Citizen
  • 5405 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 02 April 2015 - 11:15 AM

I'm just glad Marth is getting a second release, as I actually wanted him.

It's a secret to everybody

Spoiler

#54 Confuzor

Confuzor

• Supporter
  • 8161 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 02:38 PM

Ive been standing in line at a Gamestop to get Ness. Im second in line but their system company-wide is shot. I hope I'm not standing here for no reason...

#55 Eneon

Eneon
  • Citizen
  • 6166 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 03:05 PM

Glad I have no interest in Ness, or going completionist with these.

But I did end up getting my first taste of these. Toon Link, Sonic, Samus, and Mega Man.

Those are kind of my favorites from what's out so far. Can't see me picking up anymore for awhile unless I see the Wii Fit Trainer or something.

#56 M Virion

M Virion

Sure-footed, newly free

• Retired Staff
  • 19145 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 02 April 2015 - 05:08 PM

My roommate preordered Ness, but wasn't able to preorder any of the other wave (sold out) - I want to preorder the Splatoon 3 pack, but I'm stuck at work for the rest of the night.

pls snd hlp

Edited by Ms Virion, 02 April 2015 - 05:09 PM.

#57 Confuzor

Confuzor

• Supporter
  • 8161 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 06:27 PM

I managed to snag 2 Ness (for friends) and a Pacman that I plan to make a profit on.

#58 Demovere Xeno

Demovere Xeno

Chariot of the Big Sister

• Citizen
  • 3841 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 03 April 2015 - 01:24 AM

Lord, please don't let Palutena and Zero Suit Samus be hard to preorder (I'm already expecting them to be hard to find :p :doh).

#59 Daith

Daith

• Supporter
  • 9378 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 02:24 AM

I'm now of the mind that if I find one I'll find one. Sat for over an hour in line, mind you in the 2nd spot, and half of that time was spent getting nowhere with the computer system. I want Charizard and Pac but not enough to waste a day over. Already irked they are pulling the character exclusive hug again with Greninja. Nintendo should of learned with the Gold Mario exclusivity. That wasn't a bad idea. Making certain normal characters tied to one store is moronic. Could of been timed exclusives and I wouldn't care so much but this is twice I've been hugged over a character I want because I'm nowhere near the stores they come in.

#60 Tm_Silverclaw

Tm_Silverclaw
  • Citizen
  • 11141 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 03:38 AM

What cheeses me off most is that I was refreshing the amiibo page every 15 minutes and never saw Greninja. I did a search for greninja... and never found the page.

How the bloody heck was I supposed to pre-order it if I could never find the blasted page?

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Nintendo, Amiibo, Smash Bros, Captain Toad, Mario Party 10, Hyrule Warriors, Codename STEAM, Wii U, 3DS

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users