Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  MEDdMI : (24 May 2019 - 07:40 AM)

They fight you with sparkles.

@  TheMightyMol... : (24 May 2019 - 03:40 AM)

Phyrexians are the bishie-est.

@  unluckiness : (24 May 2019 - 12:29 AM)

That's why they always wear long sleeved shirts and long pants

@  fourteenwings : (23 May 2019 - 11:36 PM)

Everybody knows the most bishie thing about any bishie is his exposed sinew.

@  MEDdMI : (23 May 2019 - 10:04 PM)

*looks up the humanoid slivers* ...really? People were calling those bishies?

@  TheMightyMol... : (23 May 2019 - 12:45 PM)

Have they made a sliver planeswalker yet?

@  RichardT1977 : (23 May 2019 - 10:29 AM)

"DECOMPOSE!"

@  Paladin : (23 May 2019 - 06:29 AM)

will they next evolve into Inhumanoids?

@  Ashley : (23 May 2019 - 02:42 AM)

the original slivers were spikey monsters. then the evolved into humanoids. now they're back to spikey bug monsters.

@  MEDdMI : (22 May 2019 - 10:42 PM)

Wait. Slivers were bishies???

@  unluckiness : (22 May 2019 - 10:40 PM)

They haven't necessarily looped yet. It's possible they're stuck in "yaoi anatomy"

@  Ashley : (22 May 2019 - 10:35 PM)

I think Slivers in MTG have crossed the bishonen line and looped back around to monstrous

@  wonko the sane? : (22 May 2019 - 09:48 PM)

Maxi, provigo, loblaws.

@  RichardT1977 : (22 May 2019 - 09:42 PM)

Which store brand is it?

@  wonko the sane? : (22 May 2019 - 05:52 PM)

I need to buy more "no name" foods. This pizza is freaking awesome.

@  Bass X0 : (20 May 2019 - 11:16 AM)

SEND THE BOOKS!!

@  Cybersnark : (20 May 2019 - 08:52 AM)

So, now that Game of Thrones is over, when can we get back to The Dragon Prince?

@  unluckiness : (20 May 2019 - 12:19 AM)

Like, half of them nowadays are montages of tweet screencaps from the writer's inbox

@  unluckiness : (20 May 2019 - 12:18 AM)

lol you expected integrity from internet news

@  fourteenwings : (19 May 2019 - 11:33 PM)

I'm mostly confused how news sites went from "Analysing all the amazingness of Game of Thrones" to "Fans sure don't like this season!", like... way to prioritize clicks over a solid editorial opinion

@  fourteenwings : (19 May 2019 - 11:30 PM)

[and there's a recurring setting of a "derelict industrial site"] is this like the Toei Quarry?

@  MEDdMI : (19 May 2019 - 11:17 PM)

@Foffy and then that giant lasagna just tipped over and killed everyone, to be later known as the infamous Bad Monday event.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (19 May 2019 - 10:59 PM)

Ahahaha!!! Go read the reactions for yourself. To say anything more here risks spoiling the finale for subscribing Allsparkers, the quality of this season notwithstanding.

@  Foffy : (19 May 2019 - 10:59 PM)

pretty wild how heathcliff was in the game of thrones finale, i was not expecting that crossover

@  TM2-Megatron : (19 May 2019 - 10:48 PM)

were they still super pissed?

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (19 May 2019 - 10:48 PM)

Well, as someone who is not into Game of Thrones, it sure was entertaining to open up social media this evening to unexpectedly see headlines about fan reactions to the finale. Lmao.

@  Nevermore : (19 May 2019 - 06:12 PM)

But it's also a SUPER-well known location in my region, so these extensive exterior shots without any post production alterations completely ruin the illusion for me.

@  Nevermore : (19 May 2019 - 06:11 PM)

I mean, I get why they did it: It's an existing location that fits the purpose, it's open for the public, and they had to shoot some scenes in my home state anyway to due a subsidizing deal.

@  Nevermore : (19 May 2019 - 06:09 PM)

Needless to say, it's not in Berlin, and even what's seen onscreen is waaaaay too modern for something that's supposed to exist in 1929 (even moreso as a derelict site in 1929). The structures seen haven't even been built until the 1960s!

@  Nevermore : (19 May 2019 - 06:07 PM)

I'm currently in the process of watching season 2 of Babylon Berlin, and there's a recurring setting of a "derelict industrial site" or whatever it's supposed to be on the show, and I easily recognize it as a place only a few minutes from where I live (it's actually a former ironworks site that's been turned into a public park).

@  Xellos : (19 May 2019 - 05:52 PM)

Ever since I went to Japan last year, I have friend who dread watching anime with me due to that...

@  Xellos : (19 May 2019 - 05:51 PM)

Not hugely, but I am the type to notice places once I have been there and say "Hey, I've been there!"

@  wonko the sane? : (19 May 2019 - 05:50 PM)

Half of new york city (on tape.) is actually montreal.

@  TM2-Megatron : (19 May 2019 - 05:50 PM)

I watched Death Wish 5 last night and clearly recognized Toronto streets; didn't pull me out of Bronson's 1-man war on drugs or fashion or whatever it was that pissed him off that time

@  TM2-Megatron : (19 May 2019 - 05:49 PM)

it's nice to finally be thought of as exotic by somebody! lol

@  Nevermore : (19 May 2019 - 05:48 PM)

In an "I cannot possibly make my brain ignore the location I'm familiar with and pretend it's whatever the story claims it is" way?

@  Nevermore : (19 May 2019 - 05:42 PM)

Question for those of you living in exotic locations such as the US or the UK: If you watch a movie or a TV show that features a real-life location as a stand-in for someplace else, and you recognize the real-life location due to having been there in person, does that pull you out of the story?

@  Xellos : (19 May 2019 - 05:15 PM)

Maybe you should have installed macOS in your house instead.

@  Noideaforaname : (19 May 2019 - 04:40 PM)

Nothing like coming home after a long day to find a bird in the house. And then once you sit down for a well-earned rest after leading the bird back outside, you find it had a friend. A friend who *really* doesn't understand how windows work...

@  PlutoniumBoss : (19 May 2019 - 01:26 PM)

Bingo. The big polls don't tell people what's actually happening because that doesn't sell.

@  fourteenwings : (19 May 2019 - 10:59 AM)

IIRC there are good polls but data is easily manipulated so they give people what they want to hear

@  wonko the sane? : (19 May 2019 - 10:58 AM)

The only way to get people interested in politics is to make into reality TV. So they lie to do it.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (19 May 2019 - 01:38 AM)

Yeah, polling these days is garbage.

@  Sean Whitmore : (18 May 2019 - 11:53 PM)

Well, he was an honest man. He wasn’t gonna lie to a 5-year-old.

@  Paladin : (18 May 2019 - 08:34 PM)

Grandfather once said to me, "I'm going upstairs and hug your grandma."

@  Sabrblade : (18 May 2019 - 07:08 PM)

Mama always said that you can tell a lot 'bout a person from 'is shoes...

@  TheMightyMol... : (18 May 2019 - 03:54 PM)

Life is like a box of chocolates. Stay out of the sun or melt into a pile of gross slop.

@  wonko the sane? : (18 May 2019 - 10:26 AM)

Greasy, disappointing and still managing to be over priced?

@  Lancer : (18 May 2019 - 10:22 AM)

... Yes, it is!

@  Noideaforaname : (18 May 2019 - 09:48 AM)

Life's a fillet of fish!

Photo
514 replies to this topic

#1 Daith

Daith

My Nyah brings all the girls to the yard

• Supporter
  • 8928 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 20 February 2015 - 02:52 AM

I figured we could use an Amiibo centric thread since we'll soon be branching over more than a few games and they aren't tied to one particular system.

So who has got their favorites picked out so far?

I just got Shiek (got lucky and found her hiding away from the rest of the Amiibos at the local Walmart ) and even though she's only about lv.17 shes already giving me a run for my money. So far I've been trying to balance her out more than the rest of them Stat-wise. With most of mine I've been focusing on Attack and Speed power. But now that I have an overabundance of Defensive badges and such I figured I'd at least try to keep her balanced and man she seems to keep me on my toes. Of course giving her a Crouch-Healing badge may have helped her.

On another note how bad have we all gotten addicted so far? I've gotten 14 so far, with another two preordered.

#2 Demovere Xeno

Demovere Xeno

Pinky to pinky~

• Citizen
  • 3686 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 20 February 2015 - 03:12 AM

Fortunately, I've managed to rein myself in from spending too much on these things (I'm already spending quite a bit much on Transformers and some other collectibles, anyway :p). The three I have so far are Samus ('Artemis', my first and highest-leveled), Luigi ('Hades') and Shulk ('Apollo'), with Sonic and Mega Man reserved at Gamestop.

Man, they really need to add an amiibo option on the online modes for people to be able to pit these against each other. Maybe even do something like have the player fighting alongside one or two of his amiibo against another player's team. :thumbsup

#3 Internet Jesus

Internet Jesus

And this is the way the world ends.

• Citizen
  • 22296 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 20 February 2015 - 03:20 AM

Oh, Amiibo, Amiibo, Amiibo.

I only have Kirby, Villager (who I lucked out on on release day before the insanity happened) and Toon Link.

I really want Captain Falcon but Scalpers took care of him. I also want Mega Man who, I don't know.

Nintendo should really look into upping production on the scalped Amiibos. When I first heard of them, I thought they would be replenished regularly like Disney Infinity does. But goddamn, have they dropped the ball.

But in the current, digitized world, trivial information is accumulating every second, preserved in all its triteness. Never fading, always accessible. Rumors about petty issues, misinterpretations, slander... All this junk data preserved in an unfiltered state, growing at an alarming rate. It will only slow down social progress, reduce the rate of evolution. You seem to think that our plan is one of censorship. What we propose to do is not to control content, but to create context.

#4 Geoff

Geoff

he created the vibe...

• Supporter
  • 1659 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 08:51 AM

I still need Captain Falcon, Pitt and Little Mac from Wave 2 and Rosalina Shulk and King Dedede from wave 3. I hope Nintendo UK restock them again soon as I'm having far to may gaps in my collection and sooner or later I'll just give up collecting Amiibo entirely. 

Follow me on twitter

#5 Confuzor

Confuzor

They put em in Smash Bros!!!!

• Supporter
  • 7766 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 12:36 PM

I just want Megaman at retail price. Is that so wrong?

#6 The Predaking

The Predaking

Finally! A new Predaking is here!

• Staff
  • 38741 posts
  • Faction::Predacon

Posted 20 February 2015 - 01:35 PM

My wife and I have Mario, Peach, Zelda, and Link. I want to get some more like MegaMan, Sonic, and a few others.

Restoring an Old Arcade Machine!

http://www.allspark....ade-game/page-2

#7 Dave Zero1

Dave Zero1
  • Citizen
  • 2369 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 20 February 2015 - 01:50 PM

Rosalina was out in Canada for 5 minutes.

GUH! I'd trade my Marth for her! >_<

It made me rage quit Amiibos... up until I found Megaman at Toys R us the other day.  :D

#8 PiratedTVPro

PiratedTVPro

Quoth Akitsu, "NEVERMORE!"

• Retired Staff
  • 14573 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 20 February 2015 - 02:02 PM

I'm hard to buy gifts for, so I made the mistake of putting Amiibos on my Amazon Wishlist so that family could buy them for me for Christmas. Unfortunately my family sucks, and now I'm freaking out trying to find Fox and Captain Falcon at a reasonable price - reasonable for me being less than double retail.

Yep.

#9 K Gatzby

K Gatzby

Mew.

• Supporter
  • 4727 posts
  • Faction::Vehicon

Posted 20 February 2015 - 02:08 PM

I just have Samus, Bowser and Toon Link.

I will get Megaman if I see him, and Pacman and Duck Hunt if they are released.

Signatures are overrated.

#10 Daith

Daith

• Supporter
  • 8928 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 02:30 PM

Well Pac is slated for the Spring Wave. At Walmart is seems some must be shelfwarming pretty bad since I saw them Rollingback DK and Yoshi.

Might as well list all mine. I have Samus, Fox, Pikachu, Mario, Peach, Bowser, Yoshi, Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, Pit, Kirby, Link, Toon Link, Zelda, and Shiek. Mega Man and Sonic are preordered at Gamestop but now I'm wondering if I'll ever get them.

#11 TheMightyMollusk

TheMightyMollusk

Let there be night, and damn the sun

• Supporter
  • 44035 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 20 February 2015 - 02:42 PM

We've got Link, Zelda, Shiek, and Bowser. I might be tempted by a few more, but I'm not paying scalper prices for them. I'm hoping to be able to actually find Lucina, Robin, and Charizard when they come out, but....

#12 Exatron

Exatron

Kaiser Dragon

• Citizen
  • 1607 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 20 February 2015 - 03:54 PM

I've let all my worst collecting tendencies take over with these things. I have all of them except Rosalina and Meta Knight. I never saw an option to preorder either of them, and at least Rosalina was naturally sold out immediately. I'm assuming the same is true for Meta Knight.

I kinda regret getting lucky and finding Villager stuffed in a bin under a bunch of others at one of the local TRUs. I'd already had Marth from the release day, and WFTs were still fairly easy to find at the time. Finding him made being a completionist possible, and I'd seen too much to resist the urge at that point. Between these, Skylanders, and Combiner Wars, my wallet's crushed this year.

#13 Galenraff

Galenraff

Sarcasm: unappreciated.

• Retired Staff
  • 33612 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 05:21 PM

I just grabbed a Link and a Mario because I only have the 3DS Smash Bros so far.  I'd like a Megaman but not so much I need to care too hard about it.

I got a Captain Falcon for a friend a couple of weeks ago.  TRU employee came over and asked if I'd like a rare one.  I didn't know these things were such a big deal at the time, didn't care about them, got it anyway, then gave it away.  You can all feel free to hate me for that now.  :D

ALERT: Everything is fine.

#14 Agent X

Agent X

These Ponies are holding on my heart like a handgrenade.

• Citizen
  • 2389 posts

Posted 21 February 2015 - 08:58 PM

I'll list the ones I don't have. That'll be shorter.

Marth, Villager*, Rosalina, Meta Knight, Lucardio, Dedede and Sonic, Mega Man and Ike are Pre-order and I'm just waiting for them to arrive. Toad is paid and will be shipped to me in March. Hoping they'll make a Daisy for Mario Party 10.

*More upset about him than anyone else. He was one of my "GETS" but I passed on him a few times because if I got him I couldn't get Marth or WFT if I saw them.

"Some people collect other characters like Jazz or Hot Shot and its encouraged, but I stockpile Cybertron Crosswises and that makes ME the strange one."

#15 DeltaSeeker

DeltaSeeker
  • Supporter
  • 4778 posts

Posted 22 February 2015 - 11:29 PM

I have Mario, Link, and Samus, and my son has Pikachu (named Lemmegita). I really haven't had the desire to get any more, at least not like the Infinity figures. But if I spot a Megaman, I'll pick him up.

#16 D Buster Prime

D Buster Prime

Timeout. Do I convert?

• Retired Staff
  • 25834 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 01:13 PM

I bought Marth and Wii Fit Trainer on day one, without any pre-orders. I just thought they were cool.

What has happened since then has been incredibly discouraging. I don't want to bother with hunting for the characters I like. I might just import a few figures to avoid supporting the local scalping market.

VOTE FOR SIDEWAYS:

He's on your side...except when he isn't!

Z7ACRD0.jpg

Spoiler

#17 Zek

Zek

Resident Goober

• Supporter
  • 7766 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 23 February 2015 - 04:24 PM

Wow, today I lucked out and found the only Mega Man in town. Lucky lucky me :D

#18 Daith

Daith

• Supporter
  • 8928 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 05:25 PM

Gamestop just called to tell me Mega was in as well. :)

#19 videomaster21XX

videomaster21XX

I wanna sing a song!

• Citizen
  • 5047 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 24 February 2015 - 01:26 AM

I want MegaMan badly. However due to all the nonsense with these things I'm not sure if I'll get him.

I wanted Marth as well but well...

It's really annoying. Not only are they hard as hell to find, but they are 13 bucks a pop. I didn't get into Skylanders or Disney Infinity, so I don't know the general prices for these, but I believe they shouldn't be more then 6.99 if that.

Right now I have none of them, but I'm aiming to get at least Link with a gamestop cupon I have so I can use said Link to unlock a weapon in Hyrule Warriors.

It's a secret to everybody

Spoiler

#20 (Deactivated) BB Shockwave

(Deactivated) BB Shockwave
  • Guests

Posted 24 February 2015 - 07:30 AM

Considering they are marketing this worldwide, they could have come up with an easier to pronounce and less silly name than "Amiiboo". It sounds like, well... Hibbety-hoo or Hullaballoo.

"Musty prawns, and Timbucktu! Yeltsy-by, and hibbety-hoo! Kick 'em in the dishpan! Hoo hoo hoo!!  :D (hope you get the reference)

Much like with Skylanders I'd only be interested in this for the figures, since I don't own consoles. Will most likely get Starfox if they discount the figures, for the simple reason that well, this is the first ever Starfox figure, unless you count the bobble-head.

Edited by BB Shockwave, 24 February 2015 - 07:32 AM.

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Nintendo, Amiibo, Smash Bros, Captain Toad, Mario Party 10, Hyrule Warriors, Codename STEAM, Wii U, 3DS

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users