Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  PlutoniumBoss : (24 April 2018 - 01:01 AM)

I dislike him despite the trenchcoat. He's a jerk, and not the lovable kind. One note, and that note is douchebag.

@  Cybersnark : (23 April 2018 - 04:47 PM)

Honestly, I like him DESPITE the "trenchcoat." I prefer to keep it folded behind him like some Gundam-style flight-pack.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (23 April 2018 - 11:04 AM)

People really love movieverse Crosshairs sheerly for the sake of his trenchcoat, don't they?

@  Plokatron : (22 April 2018 - 10:17 PM)

@RichardT1977 @TM2-Megatron I'm not normally one to pull the Ruined Forever card but I care less than zip about anything involving the 2017 Power Rangers movie! They screwed it up worse than Bay past DoTM and a Mastodon has four legs not six! While I'm on this mini rant anyone remember the scans of the Super Sentai Mecha book from a while back? Would it be against the rules to ask if anyone knows where to find the new updated book scanned? I really want the Concept Art for ideas.

@  D Immortalis : (22 April 2018 - 03:39 PM)

hot damn...the new From Ashes To New album isfraggin amazing

@  Steevy Maximus : (21 April 2018 - 08:52 PM)

Just a few more days until my Battletech key goes live on GOG...

@  Steevy Maximus : (21 April 2018 - 08:51 PM)

The first Transformers live action film really IS a lot better than what popular culture has made it out to be.

@  TM2-Megatron : (21 April 2018 - 08:27 PM)

I dunno if I'd go that far. I enjoyed the first Bayformers more than the MMPR Movie remake

@  RichardT1977 : (21 April 2018 - 08:22 PM)

For the record, it was better than the (live-action) Transformers movies.

@  wonko the sane? : (21 April 2018 - 08:21 PM)

No, I wasn't at the krispy kreme when I beat them. Wait, what?

@  Paladin : (21 April 2018 - 08:13 PM)

go back to Krispy Kreme

@  wonko the sane? : (21 April 2018 - 07:08 PM)

I beat five teenagers with attitude before, I can do it again.

@  Pennpenn : (21 April 2018 - 07:02 PM)

Great, after ten thousand years Wonko is free again. Does this mean more Power Rangers are needed? Again?

@  Patchouli Kn... : (21 April 2018 - 06:14 PM)

Ah, the layer of ice that froze it shut finally melted?

@  wonko the sane? : (21 April 2018 - 09:14 AM)

Oh my god! GUYS! It's actually warm enough I was able to open my window!

@  Sabrblade : (20 April 2018 - 11:14 PM)

Eh, I guess. He did fairly well on his own as an independent in his first appearance and such.

@  Otaku : (20 April 2018 - 10:04 PM)

@Sabrblade Vulture tends to fare poorly as his own boss. Working for a great version of Doc Ock ain't a bad gig... and I did ask if about "bad" as opposed to "not the best". ;)

@  Plokatron : (20 April 2018 - 09:53 PM)

@Egon1982 No my friend Mutator Spiders as in get caught in their web and you are mutated into a even more animalistic creature than you were. Hordika were Half Sentient beings half Wild animal and unlike Spiderman it affected each race slightly differnt with Toa being of a similar mutation to each other. My guess for Spiderman is he would become more spider like but with a inside skeletal structure hmm wonder what Visorak Venom would do to CNA make Dinobot Predacon like monsters or something wild?!

@  Paladin : (20 April 2018 - 04:15 PM)

compared to the "youth-sucking" gimmick from the other series? BIG step up.

@  Sabrblade : (20 April 2018 - 03:57 PM)

@Otaku: What about that show's take on Vulture? He had potential at first but he eventually just settled into being a lackey rather than his own boss.

@  Egon1982 : (20 April 2018 - 02:44 PM)

Did anyone else thought Thunder in Big Trouble in Little China when he was inflating looked like a garbage pail kid before he blew up into salad? I always thought that since seeing the movie in theaters at age 5. 

@  Egon1982 : (20 April 2018 - 02:25 PM)

Mutator spiders as in man-spider?

@  Otaku : (20 April 2018 - 11:06 AM)

Shocker was a pretty good villain in The Spectacular Spider-Man animated series. Wait, does that count since I can't think of a bad take on any character from that series? ;)

@  Arazyr : (20 April 2018 - 09:26 AM)

Ontario/Detroit area? Yeah. Supposedly, you could feel it from where I live, but I didn't notice. I never feel these things. 8(

@  Paladin : (20 April 2018 - 07:08 AM)

so that WAS an earthquake last night...

@  Plokatron : (19 April 2018 - 09:43 PM)

Webhead Vs. Mutater Spiders. Hmmm I can see this ending badly with HordikaMan Hey maybe it'd make Venom catchable with spider sense.

@  Broadside : (19 April 2018 - 09:16 PM)

Can't wait for Spider-Man to fight the Visorak

@  RichardT1977 : (19 April 2018 - 05:32 PM)

Aw, man!

@  TheMightyMol... : (19 April 2018 - 04:47 PM)

SNIPER NO SNIPING

@  Bass X0 : (19 April 2018 - 04:33 PM)

SNIPERER!

@  Paladin : (19 April 2018 - 10:34 AM)

hated that game. damn sniper level's insane.

@  Plokatron : (19 April 2018 - 08:21 AM)

You know what's funny? Both Spiderman and Bionicle have a title in common. Web of Shadows. :p

@  Liege : (19 April 2018 - 08:03 AM)

Don't mocks the Shocker!

@  unluckiness : (19 April 2018 - 04:46 AM)

But he's the second lamest Spider-Man villain

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (18 April 2018 - 10:56 PM)

You know.. for all intents and purposes, Shocker should have won in Kamen Rider 71.

@  Plokatron : (18 April 2018 - 06:55 PM)

:wtf :D :wtf Can't wait can't wait just a couple more days and I'm at Comiccon Cape! Gonna be a blast! I hope they have that freaking proper Master Sword Replica this year with the black handel (I love the one from the old comic drawn by the guy who did Cyborg 009)!!!

@  TheMightyMol... : (18 April 2018 - 05:55 AM)

Found on Cranialtome.

@  unluckiness : (18 April 2018 - 05:32 AM)

Oh, so MP-scaled Bill Cypher with stupidly fiddly hands.

@  wonko the sane? : (17 April 2018 - 08:47 AM)

through a third party on facebook.

@  RichardT1977 : (16 April 2018 - 11:30 PM)

Did the Vok know Bill Cipher?

@  Steevy Maximus : (16 April 2018 - 08:09 PM)

See my thread ;)

@  wonko the sane? : (16 April 2018 - 01:32 PM)

Do you mean physically without actually wiring them up?

@  wonko the sane? : (16 April 2018 - 01:32 PM)

Uh... how do you not know?

@  Steevy Maximus : (16 April 2018 - 12:46 PM)

I'm wondering if HP stuck in an extra 128SDD + 3TB HDD into the computer I bought for $850

@  Benbot : (16 April 2018 - 11:58 AM)

"OH"

@  Sabrblade : (16 April 2018 - 11:06 AM)

"Semper Fi"

@  EShadowP : (16 April 2018 - 10:36 AM)

"Simper-Fi" :thumbsup

@  Plokatron : (16 April 2018 - 12:31 AM)

Oh my word it is true. The greatest Gunnery Sargent to live is now gone. Gunny I know I'd of never cut the mustard if you were my CO but as I friend I would of been humbled and honored to know a man who truly knew the corp. May the jackets always be full metal and no watermelon left standing. Forgive the jokes there but you made it clear you hated watermelons with how many you sliced, blasted and plain disintegrated on Tv. :thumbsup  (Why do we not have a Wheeljack salute emot?)  Simper-Fi Carry on Gunny see you up there in the great kingdom one day hope you enjoy the company of my great uncles and everyone who you saw last on that field of honor.

@  Plokatron : (16 April 2018 - 12:21 AM)

Wait what!!!!!!! Gunny is dead!!!!

@  Sabrblade : (15 April 2018 - 09:37 PM)

RIP, R. Lee Ermey :(

Photo

Spider-Man OFFICIALLY in the MCU!

877 replies to this topic

#41 Robowang

Robowang

Nard Extractor

• Supporter
  • 3553 posts
  • Faction::Vehicon

Posted 10 February 2015 - 09:34 AM

Bucky will become the new Spider-man. 

NEEDS: Beast Wars Powerpinch

Beast Wars Returns Strika

Beast Wars Returns Obsidian

SCF Chase figures - see post here - plenty to trade

Robowang's eBay Store - lots of TFs

MY WANTS LIST

My feedback

#42 Silent_Magnus

Silent_Magnus
  • Citizen
  • 6153 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 10 February 2015 - 09:48 AM

UuQgRuE.gif

That reminds me. More important than will be playing Peter is who will be playing J. Jonah Jameson?

Edited by Silent_Magnus, 10 February 2015 - 09:48 AM.

#43 Robowang

Robowang

Nard Extractor

• Supporter
  • 3553 posts
  • Faction::Vehicon

Posted 10 February 2015 - 09:51 AM

UuQgRuE.gif

That reminds me. More important than will be playing Peter is who will be playing J. Jonah Jameson?

Gilbert Gottfried.

NEEDS: Beast Wars Powerpinch

Beast Wars Returns Strika

Beast Wars Returns Obsidian

SCF Chase figures - see post here - plenty to trade

Robowang's eBay Store - lots of TFs

MY WANTS LIST

My feedback

#44 Aberration

Aberration
  • Citizen
  • 2642 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 09:56 AM

UuQgRuE.gif

Yyyyyeah, that's ANOTHER one that Marvel shouldn't be recasting. I think J.K. Simmons even said on Stern recently that he wants to play the role again.

Edited by Aberration, 10 February 2015 - 09:56 AM.

#45 Sean Whitmore

Sean Whitmore
  • Citizen
  • 7606 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 10:01 AM

Yyyyyeah, that's ANOTHER one that Marvel shouldn't be recasting. I think J.K. Simmons even said on Stern recently that he wants to play the role again.

Not only that he wants to, he even hinted that there'd been some talk about it on some level.

So if Sony's not averse to reusing any previous actors, they could do a helluva lot worse than sticking with a proven favorite who's also picked up an Oscar nomination in the meantime.

PSN: SeanWhitmore

Switch:

3DS: 0490-6399-8582

#46 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 16176 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 10 February 2015 - 10:18 AM

I'm really curious how Civil War will work. To be in anyway like the source material you need a certain population of Super powered folk in the Universe. Adding Spidey and Black Panther should help but they really need more, and that's a LOT of stuff to intro in one film AND continue the character story lines from Cap 2...

ZacWilliam, there are lots of ways they can make it work I'm just curious what form it ends up taking..:
Ever wonder about the speed of Turbofoxes?
Or the proverbial ailerons of Titanium Moosebots?

*Visit the one and only Cybertronic Bestiary.
For a mechazoologic tour of the mechanimals of Cybertron.

#47 Silent_Magnus

Silent_Magnus
  • Citizen
  • 6153 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 10:22 AM

I just hope it involves a lot more actual Super Hero(and Villain) costumes than are already in the universe.

Edited by Silent_Magnus, 10 February 2015 - 10:57 AM.

#48 Sean Whitmore

Sean Whitmore
  • Citizen
  • 7606 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 10:23 AM

I still want it to be as little like the source material as possible.

Just "Cap and Tony disagree on something", now with extra added "and Spidey in the middle". Beyond that, the movie could be about the three of them trying to order lunch.

PSN: SeanWhitmore

Switch:

3DS: 0490-6399-8582

#49 Rust

Rust

Slightly Off

• Supporter
  • 43247 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 10 February 2015 - 10:27 AM

MCU Civil War will result in Tony coming up behind Bruce and pushing him down some stairs yelling "PARKOUR!"

Spidey, traveling by, misinterprets the comment and spends the rest of the movie paranoid that Stark has discovered his secret.

Numbers 24:17

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. Plato

#50 Jalaguy

Jalaguy

won't hold Six Shot upside-down.

• Staff
  • 8758 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 10:31 AM

We already know from the interviews Feige did around the announcement that the disagreement is going to be over whether the super heroes have to answer to the government/authorities.

But yeah, it's certainly shaping up to be a busy film. If I'm remembering correctly, all the following have been confirmed for it: Cap, Iron Man, Black Panther, the Falcon, Black Widow, the Winter Soldier, Crossbones, Zemo, and now Spidey.

#51 Random Items

Random Items

Just this once, everybody lives!

• Retired Staff
  • 10452 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 10:33 AM

Wait... what does this mean for the Special Agent Aunt May movie?

#52 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 16176 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 10:38 AM

How would I do Civil War?

I'd suggest in A2 that superheroes were becoming a bigger thing and there are more. Then I'd start Civil War with some version of the Stanford Incident ( I'd prefer not to kill the real New Warriors though cause I LIKE them). Iron Man responds by thinking we need to get all Super Powered folk on sides as a Government sponsored Avengers Army. Cap thinks that's a terrible idea given how Hydra turned SHEILD into. Some actual Villian escallates thing and the disagreement turns into actual combat between two teams. Cap gets Black Panther. Spidey starts on IM side then tries to make peace petween them. Eventually they work together enough to take down the villain ( Baron Zemo?) and that leads to Iron Mans view triumphant for the moment and Cap arrested.

I fully realize that's not as awesome and intricate and surprising a plot as Cap2. That was a really great film. Honestly I don't know how to make Civil War into that good a story. I would have prefered their fake tease of "Serpent Society".

-ZacWilliam, the Serpent Society is just so fun and campy if done in their wonderful themed costumes. Plus Diamondback.

#53 Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus

Snarky Siegie

• Citizen
  • 3915 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 10 February 2015 - 10:41 AM

I'd almost suspect that with how late Civil War likely is in pre-production (got to get it out by May of next year), that Spidey's role will be akin to an extended cameo/minor role (like Phil Coulson in Iron Man 1) simply as a precaution from Sony dicking around with things.

Personally, if I was doing this and if Sony is really game to leave the creative side to Marvel, I'd do a "transition" film in 2017.  Start the film with the Peter Parker we all know and love, and pull a "Metal Gear Solid 2" and flip focus to a Miles Morales based Spider-Man film.  To me, that'd be a GREAT way to to cover most basis: the companies get the recognizable Spidey for marketing, Marvel/Sony get to do a new origin film without retreading the same material for a third time, Marvel gets "their own" Spider-Man to integrate with the greater MCU and it would help distance this version from the prior installments both in time and by giving audiences a "new" Spider-Man, something fresh for the films.

But that might be a little too optimistic.

Edited by Steevy Maximus, 10 February 2015 - 10:45 AM.

#54 Big Show

Big Show

Had about enough of your crap, Mario.

• Supporter
  • 7862 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 10 February 2015 - 10:44 AM

Yeah, I'm going to do it.

DONALD GLOVER FOR SPIDEY.

QUOTE(David Willis)
There's a distinct difference between buying something and SUPERbuying.
And SUPERbuying is not quite as extreme as buying the HUG outta something.
There's a hierarchy.

#55 Random Items

Random Items

Just this once, everybody lives!

• Retired Staff
  • 10452 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 10:53 AM

What's interesting about Spidey in the MCU is the fact that most of the heroes (and villains) we've seen so far don't maintain secret identities. From the end of the first movie, Stark was very openly Iron Man, and we've watched the impact that has had in the lives of those around him. Everyone knows Steve Rogers is Captain America. Heck, Barton and Romanov barely even have codenames.

With Spider-Man and Daredevil we'll be seeing the seeds of 'masked' heroes that spins the MCU version of the Civil War story. It's an interesting dynamic to add to the mix.

#56 Sabrblade

Sabrblade
  • Citizen
  • 24487 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 10:54 AM

I'm really curious how Civil War will work. To be in anyway like the source material you need a certain population of Super powered folk in the Universe. Adding Spidey and Black Panther should help but they really need more, and that's a LOT of stuff to intro in one film AND continue the character story lines from Cap 2...

ZacWilliam, there are lots of ways they can make it work I'm just curious what form it ends up taking..:

Well, a certain ABC series that's currently on hiatus did open the door not too long ago for more superpowered people to come in to play. ;)

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#57 Cheetimus Primal

Cheetimus Primal

Commissions! cheetimus@cheetimus.com

• Retired Staff
  • 48474 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 10 February 2015 - 10:56 AM

If anyone thinks Civil War will be anything like the comics you are kidding yourself.

Edited by Cheetimus Primal, 10 February 2015 - 10:56 AM.

24674394486_13a96b16e0_o.jpg

#58 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 16176 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 11:00 AM

I think it has a chance of being as much like the Comics as Winter Soldier was.

-ZacWilliam, same basic characters and sometimes similar conflicts.

#59 Spark

Spark
  • Citizen
  • 36937 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 11:01 AM

Um, didn't Amy Pascal resign?  How is she still involved in this?

Fall of Cybertron will blow your mind. That is all.

#60 Shadewing

Shadewing

Evil faces a Black Night

• Supporter
  • 35015 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 10 February 2015 - 11:01 AM

I'd almost suspect that with how late Civil War likely is in pre-production (got to get it out by May of next year), that Spidey's role will be akin to an extended cameo/minor role (like Phil Coulson in Iron Man 1) simply as a precaution from Sony dicking around with things.

Personally, if I was doing this and if Sony is really game to leave the creative side to Marvel, I'd do a "transition" film in 2017.  Start the film with the Peter Parker we all know and love, and pull a "Metal Gear Solid 2" and flip focus to a Miles Morales based Spider-Man film.  To me, that'd be a GREAT way to to cover most basis: the companies get the recognizable Spidey for marketing, Marvel/Sony get to do a new origin film without retreading the same material for a third time, Marvel gets "their own" Spider-Man to integrate with the greater MCU and it would help distance this version from the prior installments both in time and by giving audiences a "new" Spider-Man, something fresh for the films.

But that might be a little too optimistic.

iirc, MArvel has been pushing at getting Spidey for Civil War since they decided to do it. I would theorize that he has role in it, and that if it wasn't him they'd use another siimilar 'young idealistic hero' to fill the basic role.

3DS Friend Code: 0387-9040-3532

Twitch Channel

Youtube Replays

VOTE for what I play on 8/30!

Friday: Sonic Generations - Sunday: Transformers WFC - Tuesday: Little Inferno

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users